[Drama 2016] My lawyer, Mr. Jo / Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho 동네변호사 조들호

kaiskloset

On 6/6/2016 at 8:57 PM, parkxiaowu said:

@irilight SoRa didn't join the farewell party, this pic was taken yesterday, our lawyer team went to watch musical

Shin Yang is busy with the preparation of new movie, i think this is why he can't join, haha

@parkxiaowu, ahhhh. Thank you for explaining...!

Final Review: Neighbourhood Lawyer, Jo Deul-ho

We’ve reached the much-expected end of Lawyer, with not much surprises on how Deul-ho saves the day — yet again. Although his life was hung in the balance in ep19 (with Chief Prosecutor Shin arranging an assassination attempt), we are still pretty assured he will emerge unscathed to take down Chief Prosecutor Shin. And he did.

quot-Neighborhood-Lawyer-Jo-Deul-ho-quot-Episode-5_58

Read full review on The Cat that Watches TV

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
Drama Casting & News

CBS developing American remake of Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho

by chickachunga | October 14, 2016

jdh1.jpg

The Park Shin-yang-starring KBS hit series Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho is getting the Hollywood treatment over at CBS, one of the Big Three television networks in the U.S.

Based on a webtoon, Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho is the story of a disgraced superstar prosecutor who begins a new career as a defense lawyer after losing everything and living on the streets for three years. His prosecution career was deliberately sabotaged by his superior after he reported instances of corruption within his own department, but Deul-ho redeems himself as a defender of the defenseless and the little people.

CBS has partnered up with 3AD, the production company of Korean-American actor Daniel Dae Kim (Lost, Hawaii Five-0) to develop the remake, which will be called Exhibit A and will feature a Korean-American lead against the backdrop of Los Angeles. With the help of an idealistic attorney (played by Kang Sora in the original), he will serve as the voice of the underdogs.

3AD is on a roll these days, with KBS’s Good Doctor remake/put pilot commitment at ABC, which has House creator David Shore attached as writer and executive producer. They’re also developing a half-hour adaptation of the novel Re Jane, written by Patricia Park, with cable network TV Land.

Legal dramas and procedurals perform well in the States so I can see the appeal of Neighborhood Lawyer, a heartwarming underdog tale that garnered an impressive 17.3% viewership rating in Korea. However, it may be difficult to make a splash following the success of so many legal shows (i.e. The Good Wife, Law & Order: SVU, Suits, and How to Get Away with Murder).

I am heartened by the news of a Korean-American lead, however, and I hope no changes are made on that front because the lack of minority in Hollywood is extreme. The best aspect of Neighborhood Lawyer was Park Shin-yang, a charisma machine, so if there’s a Korean-American actor who can channel his energy, Exhibit A should be off to a promising start. Will this be the first remake of a Korean scripted series to air in the States? We shall see!

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/10/cbs-developing-american-remake-of-neighborhood-lawyer-jo-deul-ho/

Park Shin-yang to come back for Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho 2

JoDeulHo23.jpg

Read more on Dramabeans

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Looks like we are going to have a reunion :)

@kaiskloset, @Orion @icemaid, @parkxiaowu, @sky5joyous, @grumpykatiie, @safanta92, @chocmagma, @pandalover1, @catocat, @tatongt, @allmylife00, @andy78, @0timelost, @bebebisous33, @noi3ody, @KERROPPIE, @matildac, @lauren2b2, @violet88, @Kfan7172, @valsava, @dash9, @Latte_Anyday, @gaby81, @Lhej, @ross27, @vanh310, @lovehbhjw2013, @angels_natdylax05, @kookiemonsta, @0ly40,

I apologize if I forgot someone. If anyone remembers, please call them out.

4 hours ago, irilight said:

Park Shin-yang to come back for Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho 2

JoDeulHo23.jpg

Read more on Dramabeans

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Looks like we are going to have a reunion :)

@kaiskloset, @Orion @icemaid, @parkxiaowu, @sky5joyous, @grumpykatiie, @safanta92, @chocmagma, @pandalover1, @catocat, @tatongt, @allmylife00, @andy78, @0timelost, @bebebisous33, @noi3ody, @KERROPPIE, @matildac, @lauren2b2, @violet88, @Kfan7172, @valsava, @dash9, @Latte_Anyday, @gaby81, @Lhej, @ross27, @vanh310, @lovehbhjw2013, @angels_natdylax05, @kookiemonsta, @0ly40,

I apologize if I forgot someone. If anyone remembers, please call them out.

Yes. We will come back for sure.

1 hour ago, parkxiaowu said:

@irilight Long time no see :D , well, it's still early to say anything. I'm not quite sure about this, I guess it's pretty hard to gather all cast together again, let's hope <3 

7 hours ago, 0ly40 said:

Yes. We will come back for sure.

45 minutes ago, tatongt said:

@irilight @parkxiaowu I'm so happy with this news. I'm so excited. 

@parkxiaowu, @tatongt, @0ly40  @valsava (ah you answered as I was writing,,,)     indeed long time no see.  :D

I am so excited with this news....!

Now, I do not know if they are able to get the other cast members (I hope so), or is it just Park Shin-Yang coming back.
I also find it interesting to read who the production company is, which last drama they produced was DOTS. So it sounds like they want our lawyer to come back in a big way!    

And they do say that they plant to air it in the latter half of 2017.     dancing smiley face emoticon

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived