[Official Thread] Hu Ge 胡歌 (Mainland Artist)

Lynne

CR: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Hu_Ge & Pictures does not belong to me, belong to the creator as Tagged

Hu Ge 胡歌

12473510_462239637294347_511116136689738

12400491_462239577294353_756301451639062

• Name: 胡歌 / Hu Ge
  • Once used name: 胡柯 / Hu Ke (for one month after he was born)
  • English name: Hugh
  • Profession: Actor, singer and model
  • Birthdate: 1982-Sep-20 (age 33)
  • Birthplace: Shanghai, China
  • Height: 184cm
  • Weight: 67kg
  • Star sign: Virgo
  • Chinese zodiac: Dog
  • Blood type: O
  • Talent agency: CEI

TV Series

As an Actor

As a Producer

As a Screenwriter

• Refresh 3+7 Lights from the City (nano-movie, 2013)

TV Series Theme Songs

Movies

Endorsements

• Nirvana in Fire / 琅琊榜 online game (2015) as Lin Shu / Mei Changsu
  • Demi Gods Semi Devils / 天龙八部 online game (2012) as Duan Yu
  • Dreaming of Deer and the Cauldron / 梦回鹿鼎记 online game (2011) as Wei Xiao Bao
  • Fantasy Zhu Xian / 夢幻誅仙) online game (2009) as Chen Yu Feng

Recognitions

• 7th Anhui Television Drama Awards: Best Actor (2015)
  • Shout, iQiyi Night: Best Television Actor (2015)
  • 10th Asian TV Drama Conference: Special Contribution Award (2015)
  • 2nd Hengdian Film and TV Festival Wenrong Awards: Best Actor (2015)
  • 21st Magnolia Awards Nominated for Best Supporting Actor (2015)
  • 6th Anhui Television Drama Awards: Most Popular Actor (2014)
  • 9th Seoul International Drama Awards: Popularity Award (2014)
  • Huading Awards: Top Actor of the legend genre (2012)
  • 31st Hundred Flowers Awards: Nominated for Best Newcomer (2012)
  • 3rd Anhui Television Drama Awards: Most Popular Mainland Actor (2011)
  • Youku Television Awards: Most Popular Actor (2011)
  • Sohu Internet TV Festival: Most Popular Actor (2010)
  • Huading Awards: Top Actor of the legend genre (2010)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you @angelangie for making this thread I only just recently discovered him. He is such a good actor and he's pretty hot too (hehe). I can't wait to watch his future projects. After NOF I watch ROTCH with him and Ariel Lin. They did good job and I fell in love with their cuteness. :wub:

Guest Tinkiebell

Welcome @BaiZiHua ! :D 

Hu Ge was involved in a very serious accident? Just 2 years ago? Wow, what happened?

I got to know Hu Ge from Nirvana in Fire. What a superb series. I'm trying to watch The Disguiser lately. Another long drama though, it'd take a while hehe. So little time, too much to do, too many dramas to watch hehe... I'm also interested in his other drama "Good Times", though it's not fully subbed in Viki yet. I'll wait patiently for the subs :)  

@Tinkiebell

Thanks for the warm welcome bear hugs <3. I hope The Disguiser is good it's on my list to watch soon as well. And the only accident of his I know of is this one I found on wikipedia I will c&p it here for you below. I don't know too much about him as I only watched him for the first time about a two weeks ago hehe.I will have to go ask my hubby Wallace more about his bff Hu Ge (LOL jk).

Hu was involved in a car accident on 29 August 2006 while travelling from Hengdian to Shanghai on the highway. He survived with severe injuries while his assistant died. Hu had to undergo surgery and the entire healing process took approximately one year. The filming of The Legend of the Condor Heroes, which he was working on then, was temporarily halted due to his injury.

I just watched a interview with Hu Ge and Liu Tao (Nirvana of Fire Interview) and they spoke about his accident and show his scars and stuff about stitches and skin grafts. Awwws it was heartbreaking to see his face like that. Im thankful he is alive and that his face is okay now. I'll link the vid for you it has eng subs as well.

@angelangie &  @Tinkiebell

Keep up the great work much love and appreciation to the both you. I hope this thread becomes more popular cause he is really adorable and he is a good actor as well. I also added the link to Nirvana OST -  Hu Ge - When Wind Blows SMG 2016 Live if your interested. Hu Ge and everyone on this thread Jiayou <3 <3 <3.

• 2 weeks later...

IS IT A HU GE THREAD??? IS IT OMG :w00t: Hi guys!! Recently finished Nirvana in Fire and i'm obsessed with it hence the love for Hu Ge as well hehe. Watched ROTCH ages ago and I didn't know it was him. He was excellent there as well. He's such a cutie!! So bubbly and funny 

Guest Tinkiebell

lol @ricenamja , welcome to the thread! Nirvana in Fire is simply a masterpiece. It was my first Chinese period drama, and I think it'd be really hard to top it.  

@BaiZiHua , Thanks for the information regarding his accident, and thanks for sharing all the videos. :) 

Does Hu Ge have an any other upcoming projects soon?

@Tinkiebell thanks for the welcome hehe! Wow haha your expectations for chinese period dramas are gonna be way up high now :D I think he has 2 modern dramas that will be broadcasted this year! Hunting ground and that soccer themed show

@ricenamja                                    

Hello Welcome to the club <3.

@Tinkiebell                       

It makes me happy that you liked the videos I posted. The only upcoming drama from Hu Ge I know about is the Hunter one. Hopefully there will be more amazing stuff from him soon.

@angelangie

Thanks for the cute pix of Hu Ge I loved it.

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to share some shows of Hu Ge 's singing, interviews, and variety shows with you lovely fans. Enjoy. All in mandarin.

Chinese Paladin Ost - Hu Ge - June Showers 六月的雨  (2016 SMG NY's Gala)

The Jinxing Show ft Actor Hu Ge 20160217 (Very Personal Interview)

Happy Camp 20150829: Detective Wong Cho-lam & Hu Ge

• 3 months later...

Hello, everyone. Another new Hu Ge's fan here :) Actually, I've heard his name since LoCH 2008 but never been curious enough to dig more information about him until I watched Nirvana in Fire last year. Gosh, I'm still haunted by his mesmerizing portrayal of Mei Changsu until now :lol:

Now I'm watching one of his old dramas, The Young Warriors (2007) while waiting for the release date of Hunting Ground (  猎场 ).

Anyway, here some pictures of Hu Ge while doing voluntary work in Qing Hai (North West China), which he just finished yesterday.

cr. as tagged &  胡歌HuGe-古月哥欠官網粉絲團 (Facebook)

13620733_1717079428545681_22174047321338

CHEF HU!! :w00t:

13439059_1717079228545701_42618144440277

13418796_1717079261879031_99672858748905

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Spoiler

5 things you didn't know about Nirvana in Fire's Hu Ge

5275ef36-55ca-4eb2-854c-e8ed96bb4296.jpg

Nirvana in Fire has been praised as one of the best-ever historical romances featuring a riveting plot, gorgeous cinematography, fantastic martial arts, and impeccable direction and performances. What you probably didn't know, however, is that handsome leading man Hu Ge, the hero who rose from a crushing defeat to seek revenge and justice in the drama, also rose in real life from a stunning tragedy that almost killed him and destroyed his face. Read on for more.

1. Hu Ge's name is 胡歌 in Chinese, pronounced as Hu Guh. First name 歌 (Ge) means "song" or "singing." The family surname 胡 (Hu) is formed by 2 separate Chinese characters which means "Ancient Moon." Doesn't his name evoke romanticism when you think of Hu Ge as an "ancient moon song?"

c5a24e7a-855a-454c-90eb-4bda1e317169.jpg

2. He rose to fame in 2005, along with Liu Yifei, in Chinese Paladin, the successful drama adaptation based on The Legend of Sword and Fairy, a popular action role-playing game (RPG). The software's creator Yao Zhuangxian saw Hu Ge in a chance meeting and recognized the rookie actor as the mirror image for the leading character Liu Xiaoyao. Hu Ge also reprised the role in Chinese Paladin 3 in 2009.

f1438a18-ced0-4f95-8c61-92257bd01c0f.jpg

Spoiler

44db5879-4e02-4d26-a77d-d33abe5db0a9.jpg

3. On August 29, 2006, Hu Ge was seriously injured in a highway car accident en route to Shanghai. His good friend and assistant died. Hu Ge survived but went through two major surgeries in four days that required general anesthesia and over a hundred sutures on his face and neck. He almost lost sight in his right eye. He was then transferred to Hong Kong to continue with skin graft surgery, nasal correction, and scar repair. It would take him almost a year to recover and to restart the drama Legend of the Condor Heroes (2008 release), which halted production to wait for his return.

Spoiler

e32bafe5-2047-409b-b723-35bcf347c505.jpg

The experience that Hu Ge went through eerily parallels Nirvana in Fire, in which the hero Lin Shu survived a crushing defeat and drastically altered his face as a disguise to unleash revenge against treacherous enemies.

4. The multi-talented actor also excels in singing, stage acting, writing, photography, and more. Ever since his accident and recovery, he has continued to mature and broaden his experiences. Perhaps it is because he wants to live life to the fullest and not waste precious time. 

After his recovery, he published a book, Scavenger of Happiness, filled with personal thoughts during his recovery along with encouraging notes from his friends. He wrote, "Every word of their encouragement is filled with heartwarming thoughts, and made me realize a person's life doesn't belong to him alone." 

ba66009e-08b5-44f9-b4e0-a181a6d79a21.jpg

5c38ba6d-2231-49b9-b636-5833784e30d2.jpg

He donated all proceeds from the book and his drama The Myth (2009) to help establish an elementary school in Yunnan province and named it after Zhang Mian, the friend and assistant who died in the car accident.

5. Although Hu Ge rose to fame with historical and martial arts roles, he has also successfully played modern-era characters. Among his many awards, he won Most Popular Actor Award at the 9th Seoul International Drama Awards for playing a computer repairman in Life Revelations (2014). And of course, he's won multiple Best Actor awards for the incomparable Nirvana in Fire, such as the Shanghai Television Festival's Magnolia Awards held on June 11 this year.

e3d8fd8d-cf40-4e1c-8dc1-be2b97256df0.jpg

When he accepted the award, he humbly said, "I will have a higher expectation of myself." He also revealed plans to cut back on his work load in order to learn, saying, "Learning is a lifetime thing. Maybe I look good on screen, but I should also raise the bar in my performance."

He Gu's personal story is so inspiring. It's not every day that we have such a rare leading man whose own life transcends the dramatic roles he plays.

BONUS: Should I also mention the 33-year-old leading man is still single? He recently appeared at close friend Wallace Huo's wedding to Ruby Lin in Bali. He went alone.

I am so glad that DramaFever has added Nirvana in Fire to its Chinese drama portfolio. It gives me the opportunity to write a feature article about Hu Ge. We hope to see more of him, and in the meantime, don't forget to check out two of Hu Ge's best works:

Sound of the Desert:

Sound of the Desert

Starring Cecilia Liu and Eddie Peng

Adicionar à Lista  Assista agora

And, of course, Nirvana in Fire:

Nirvana in Fire - 琅琊榜

Starring Hu Ge and Liu Tao

Adicionar à Lista  Assista agora

~ NancyZdramaland

Source via  123

https://www.dramafever.com/pt/news/5-things-you-didnt-know-about-nirvana-in-fires-hu-ge/

=============

===================

Nirvana in Fire star Hu Ge gets 2 different Madame Tussauds wax figures

abf4e1d4-f709-4bdf-9a0c-438ba93b620f.jpg

Popular actor Hu Ge has just won a rare honor—He is the first Chinese celebrity to have two different wax figures at Madame Tussauds. It is icing on the cake for the Nirvana in Fire star who just celebrated his 34th birthday. Hu Ge even got to have some fun with his "clones." Take a look at the photos. Which figure is your favorite?

Back in April, it was reported that Madame Tussauds Shanghai was going to make two wax figures for Hu Ge. One figure was known to be a modern look, for the Shanghai-born actor who in January was appointed a 2-year term as the tourism ambassador for China's most populous city.

The other figure was shrouded in secrecy. Fans have been guessing whether it would be from Chinese Paladin, the drama that first propelled Hu Ge to fame, or Nirvana in Fire, the award-winning drama about a hero who came back from a crushing defeat, which reminds fans of Hu Ge's own resurgence from a deathly car crash that almost destroyed his face.

2fcbb3f7-b519-4543-aa0d-80f6ff8e8044.jpg

After months of waiting, it's been revealed that Hu Ge's costumed figure is that of Nirvana in Fire's leading character Lin Shu, masquerading as Mei Chang Su. The unveiling took place on September 16.

Hu Ge was very pleased upon seeing his "clones." What do you think of these fun photos?

d6b3b0cc-d3f3-4542-886e-b79965b3cc51.jpg

d688a2d8-e6c9-4f7d-b16c-037611be49bb.jpg

Which one do you think resembles Hu Ge the best?

ecc5615e-d299-4521-a795-7295de878ba8.jpg

bc2d45d0-8046-4db9-a2d9-604c0f97ea32.jpg

Hu Ge himself said that he's very happy to have a twin, a wish he had when he was a young child.

The popular actor becomes the first Chinese celebrity to have two different wax figures in a Madame Tussauds gallery. The timing couldn't be better. It celebrates the one-year anniversary of Nirvana in Fire's release on September 19, 2015, as Hu Ge turns 34 on September 20.

Happy Birthday, Hu Ge!.

~ NancyZdramaland

===================

Adding this

Top Chinese leading man Hu Ge takes a break from acting and leaves China for the USA

44998334-8b22-4703-9eb3-7716df335904.jpg

Hu Ge is considered one of the top actors in China. After basking in the popularity and acclaim for his performance, such as in the great martial arts drama Nirvana in Fire, that has elevated him into a legendary star, he has decided to take a break from acting and leave China. Why? Where is he going for two years?

Nirvana in Fire has been praised as one of the best Chinese historical dramas for featuring a riveting revenge, gorgeous cinematography, fantastic martial arts, and impeccable direction and performances. One reason that this drama has deeply touched fans is how Hu Ge's own life has paralleled the leading character Mei Changsu's rise from a tragedy.

c6bcc9fb-9854-4620-93fd-1739ee670dee.jpg

In 2006, Hu Ge suffered a serious car accident that took the life of his good friend and assistant. An injured Hu Ge survived but almost lost sight in his right eye. He went through major surgeries which included over a hundred sutures on his face and neck. It would take him nearly a year to recover and to restart the drama Legend of the Condor Heroes (2008 release), which halted production to wait for his return. 

No wonder it was a particularly heartwarming moment when Ariel Lin, his leading lady in Legend of the Condor Heroes, surprised Hu Ge on stage at the China Quality TV Award night to wish him farewell, as the popular actor bid adieu to the audience, his fans, and practically all of China.

Check out the moment when Hu Ge accepted the award for Outstanding Quality Star and was surprised by Ariel Lin in this fully English-subbed clip. (Credit and thanks to his dedicated fan club ThinkHuGe.)

c2a95992-8215-4882-b1ba-933b00091408.png

904b16db-7d9e-435f-ba5c-9961e940600b.png

Hu Ge discussed late in 2016 that he was considering a change in life to improve himself, even if he had to give up everything.  He had already turned down many new offers, saying that he needed to rest.

Where will the 34-year-old actor go to experience new changes and nurture new growth?

He is going to study in the United States. His plan, according to news reports, is to first study English and then enter a program on cinematic directorial study at a university in New York.*

You may be surprised that he isn't just talking about a dream but has already taken action.

He Ge has already arrived in the United States. Some lucky fans spotted him at the San Francisco Airport on March 4.

4ecf3319-430a-4899-a9ea-bcc5839b312e.jpg

56f2be49-152a-47b6-9003-2041adc40ac5.jpg

We wish all the best for Hu Ge! ~ NancyZdramaland

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived