King Kong
Jason Chan
Samantha Ko
Stephanie Ho
Brian Tse
C Gwan
Susan Tse

Synopsis

Lo Gwai Fong, who works in the food supply industry, has an ordinary face, is short, over 30 years old and lacks experience in dating. One time, in an incident involving bitter melon, she helps young restaurateur Lau Bak Yip survive a crisis. The tall, rich and handsome Lau Bak Yip takes notice of her inner beauty and falls in love with her. Lo Gwai Fong's neighbour and good friend Ko Gwai Fun finds this hard to accept. Although Ko Gwai Fun hails from the fish market, she has the face and body of a goddess. She has been trying every way to create sparks with Lau Bak Yip, but to no avail. Instead she attracts the attention of Hung Xian, heir to a Taiwanese noodle business. In order to get closer to her, Hung Xian is willing to downgrade and move into the same sub-divided flat as her. Unable to get Lau Bak Yip, she turns her attention to his older brother Lau Lei Go. Later on, Lau Bak Yip cannot handle other people's criticisms of his girlfriend Lo Gwai Fong and their relationship is put to the test. When love no longer trumps everything, when there are no more standards for beauty and ugly, men and women simultaneously become hunters and prey and a nasty battle for love erupts.

Preview

OSTs

Stephanie Ho - Love Chain

Samantha Ko will wear bikini if the ratings exceeds 40 pts

news1.jpg

news2.jpg

Artiste Samantha Ko (高海寧) went to Kowloon City to promote TVB new series, Love as a Predatory Affair (愛情食物鏈) and the cast members watched the debut of the drama together. Samantha expressed confidence in the ratings and made comparison with The Executioner (刀下留人) series: "I will wear bikini if the ratings exceeds 40 pts and tell Jason Chan (陳智燊) to remove his top as he is very fit lately."

Tried 5 abalones in a day

Samantha disclosed she filmed TVB food program '為食3姊妹' with Selena Li (李施嬅) and Paisley Wu (胡蓓蔚) yesterday and tried 5 abalones in a day. She tried 5 cooking methods and finally understood her mother had a hard time to cook it: "It turns out that we need to steam the abalones for 3 to 4 hours and I will cook for my dad next time. (Treat anybody to abalones?) Everyone loves abalones and I do not know how to cook previously."

Source: ON.CC (HK)
Translated by: tvfan @ Asian E-News Portal

Samantha Ko reveals her career line in the first episode of 'Love as a Predatory Affair'

samko.jpg

TVB goddess Samantha Ko (Ko Ling 高海寧), has always been attending major events and awards ceremonies with revealing dresses. She often plays the pretty lady and the goddess in dramas. During the broadcast of the first episode of Love as a Predatory Affair(愛情食物鏈), Samantha has already satisfied everyone's wishes, despite being the first episode. A lot of online netizens have said they are very happy!

In the first episode, Ko Ling incarnates into a serpent and tempts Eve, (played by Kitty Yuen 嘅小儀) to  eat a forbidden fruit. When the camera was filming Ko Ling, her career line was also revealed and with her glamorous makeup, a lot of points have already been given to her character. Some online netizens even pointed out that her makeup was too heavy. In the drama, being a snake was just a dream, but in fact, she plays a goddess and loves to participate in speed dating to find her Mr. Right. She appeared in a low-cut red dress and she immediately attracted the eyes of all men when arriving at the venue, but Ko Ling doesn't seem to be interested in any of them. Later when it came to eating dessert, Ko Ling had to rescue her good friend Kitty Yuen (from a man), she had no choice but to get up and feed the man some dessert. She even had to bend forward to feed him, revealing her three inch career line. She  even said: "How is it?" Some online netizens even clarified that after seeing that scene they couldn't stop their nosebleed. This time Ko Ling have attracted a lot of online netizens to many discussions! 

Although Ko Ling has appeared to be looking sexy in the first episode, but online netizens also paid attention to her acting and have said she is even more feminine. This means her character is a satisfaction to viewers, but there are online netizens who feels heart ached seeing her dressed in revealing clothes all the time.

Some online netizens comments: 

Pork chop girl: "In fact, Ko Ling was the first selected ideal actress to play the main lead. She has the acting skills and previously she and fry PAN (Ruco Chan 陳展鵬) has filmed a drama together. In the drama she loved fry PAN and during the dying scene where she got shot, she acted it out really well.

TSL8XXX05: She is okay at the moment, Ko Ling's acting is not too bad!

felXXXXuen: Ko Ling is very positive, Siu Yee (Kitty Yuen) is not too bad either.

mXXXXkit14: Ko Ling is skilful in being sexy!

Translated by: lucychoi559 @ Asian E-News Portal

• 2 weeks later...

Source: Wacow 
Translated by: Chloe.C

TVB Ratings Report (01/11/2016 - 01/17/2016)

Dramas
Love as a Predatory Affair - 愛情食物鏈 (EPS 1-5) - 26 PTS (Peaking at 29 PTS) 

Wu Xin the Monster Killer - 無心法師 (EPS 14-18) - 23 PTS *MONDAY TO FRIDAY EPISODES

Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (EPS 938-942) - 23 PTS

Weekend Episodes
Wu Xin the Monster Killer FINALE - 無心法師 大結局 (EP 20 END) - 25 PTS (Peaking at 26 PTS) *AIRED ON SUNDAY

Wu Xin the Monster Killer - 無心法師 (EP 19) - 19 PTS *AIRED ON SATURDAY

Specials
Priscilla Chan Special - 陳慧嫻的千千闋歌 - 19 PTS (Peaking at 21 PTS)

TVB8 Music Awards 2015 -2015 TVB8金曲榜頒獎典禮 - 14 PTS

Variety Shows
Sunday Stage Fight - Sunday好戲王 - 25 PTS (Peaking at 28 PTS)

Good Cheap Eats 4 - 暖DD.食平D - 21 PTS

Sidewalk Scientist - 學是學非 - 20 PTS

Scoop - 東張西望 - 19 PTS

Samantha Ko suggests to use foot to peel off banana skin next time?

news1.jpg

news2.jpg

TVB artiste Samantha Ko (高海寧) and Jason Chan (陳智燊) went to a primary school in Tseung Kwan O to promote Love as a Predatory Affair (愛情食物鏈) series. During the games, Samantha held the banana while the student used their mouth to peel off the skin and said: "To make them understand by using mouth to peel off the skin is not easy and can use legs next time. (You use mouth to peel off the skin?) I have orthodontic and Jason helps me to peel off the skin. (Teach the wrong stuff to children?) Can play simpler games next time instead." Jason expressed it was playing games only and needed not to make it complicated.

Samantha was welcomed by the students and the teachers also requested to take photo with her. She was dressed in school uniform and when asked if her school skirt length was very short, Samantha said: "My school skirt length must be below the knee in the past. (Many suitors?) Nope for same age but the seniors and none of them succeeded, as I need to concentrate on studies." Jason expressed he studied in boys school and had no chance to woo girls.

When King Kong (金剛) asked if she treated Jason as Tang Chi Wai (鄧智偉) during an attempted kissing scene with Jason, Samantha replied she did not mind the joke and say: "Joking only and I have predicted it. I am quite humorous and they always laugh at me when recording programme earlier."

Love as a Predatory Affair series: Netizens question if Samantha Ko is cheap in reality

news1.jpg

news2.jpg
(Picture, from left to right: Sze Kwan Cheng, Erin Wong, Susan Tse, Kitty Yuen, Samantha Ko, Jason Chan)

Artiste Samantha Ko (高海寧), Jason Chan (陳智燊), Erin Wong (王卓淇), Kitty Yuen (小儀), Susan Tse (謝雪心) and others attended the dinner banquet for Love as a Predatory Affair (愛情食物鏈) series in Kowloon City. Samantha wore a tight fit dress which revealed her fit body figure.

Samantha expressed she did not wish the series to end soon: "It is ending soon and the story is almost coming to an end. The netizens commented I was very cheap and some even scolded my real personality such as if I am very cheap in real life too. I am not worried that it will affect my image as the role requires it."

Samantha disclosed she had programme during Valentine's Day: "Returning to Nanjing to visit my granny. (Does your granny urge you to bring your boyfriend?) I do not need to find a lover to help during Valentine's Day. (Feels lonely during special occasion?) Nope and feeling happy everyday is most important. I will be happy everyday if dating too."

• 2 weeks later...

TVB Ratings Report (02/01/2016 - 02/07/2016)

Dramas
Speed of Life - 鐵馬戰車 (EPS 14-18) - 28 PTS (Peaking at 29 PTS) *MONDAY TO FRIDAY EPISODES

Love as a Predatory Affair - 愛情食物鏈 (EPS 16-20) - 27 PTS (Peaking at 30 PTS) 

Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (EPS 953-957) - 22 PTS (Peaking at 24 PTS)

Weekend Episodes
Love as a Predatory Affair FINALE - 愛情食物鏈 大結局 (EP 21 END) - 25 PTS (Peaking at 29 PTS) *AIRED ON SATURDAY

Speed of Life - 鐵馬戰車 (EP 19) - 25 PTS *AIRED ON SATURDAY

Speed of Life FINALE - 鐵馬戰車 大結局 (EP 20 END) - 24 PTS (Peaking at 26 PTS) *AIRED ON SUNDAY

Specials
The Lunar Star Dinner - 萬千星輝團年飯 - 19 PTS

Variety Shows
Good Cheap Eats 4 - 暖DD.食平D - 23 PTS (Peaking at 25 PTS)

Sunday Stage Fight - Sunday好戲王 - 19 PTS

Scoop - 東張西望 - 18 PTS

Sidewalk Scientist - 學是學非 - 18 PTS

Midnight Munchies 3 - 夜宵磨 - 15 PTS 

(Nielsen TAM: 1 point represents 64,920 viewers)

Archived