Skin lightening question

GothBeauty138

I have a question. I wash my skin with milk now and before that I used to use to use lemon on skin to lighten a tan after using papaya soap. Can I still do that without it damaging my skin? My system was to use LIKAS papaya soap followed by lemon on my skin and now I have incorporated milk into my beauty regimen too. Should I rinse the Lemon and LIKAS off before applying milk or should I combine it all, wait a few minutes and then rinse it off with cold water or with the Papaya soap for maximum effect? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also, does drinking lemon/lime water lighten skin too?

• 2 weeks later...

My only concern is that Lime/Lemon is very acidic so the only thing it would do for your skin is dry it out, unless you apply cream immediately afterwards.

Long term use isn't recommended either as the pH in acidic fruits are very different to the pH level of our skin. Any disruption will cause your skin to breakout, be inflamed, peel, etc.

Dentists also recommend that you brush your teeth immediately after drinking/eating fresh lemons as the acid in them will wear your teeth away.

Personally, I've tried whitening products such as milk cleansers and results gradually show. You can use multiple whitening products if you want faster results.

I purchased the Gurin Ultra Brush 4-in-1 SPA Cleansing System about 6 months ago from an online "Daily Deal Site" for a great price. I didn't use the product at first, but then slowly started working it into my routine.
I have only used the Small Facial Brush (deep cleaning) and am working my way towards the Big Body Brush (exfoliate and preps the body for lotion).
I have not used the Facial Sponge (Perfect for Sensitive Skin and can also be used to apply foundation/lotion/serum evenly) or the Pumice Stone (gently remove calluses and dead skin). I don't have that much time in my daily routine to fit those items in. Maybe sometime in the future, but not now!

http://www.amazon.com/Gurin-Cleansing-System-Waterproof-Cordless/dp/B00CKDEIVC?keywords=face+brush

61X2lXy7rkL._SL256_.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'd stay away from lemon  juice and look for products similar to the this 

monsiaskincare.com/monsia-skin-lightening-cream-with-hyaluronic-acid

I use their Advanced Skin Renewal System and I know that the hyaluronic acid in this product line has reduced my age spot by at least 50%, it was very dark when I started using Monsia. Now a light foundation covers it easily.

• 6 months later...

Lemon does not suit everyone so be careful with that, also instead of mixing it with the mask you can wash your face with milk later. While searching about this particular venue for my upcoming wedding, I came across an article which suggested that using milk while bathing is the best thing to do, that way your entire body gets it's benefits instead of just your face.

• 3 weeks later...

You can use Aloe vera. It can alleviate hyperpigmentation and restore your skin’s original color. Hyperpigmentation is one of the main causes of rough skin tone. Also, the cooling effect of aloe vera helps restore new cells and restructure damaged tissue, which is important for healthy skin. This simple remedy using aloe vera gel can improve dark spots and improve your overall skin complexion.

On 1/18/2016 at 8:08 PM, BingBong_514 said:

My only concern is that Lime/Lemon is very acidic so the only thing it would do for your skin is dry it out, unless you apply cream immediately afterwards.

Long term use isn't recommended either as the pH in acidic fruits are very different to the pH level of our skin. Any disruption will cause your skin to breakout, be inflamed, peel, etc.

Dentists also recommend that you brush your teeth immediately after drinking/eating fresh lemons as the acid in them will wear your teeth away.

Personally, I've tried whitening products such as milk cleansers and results gradually show. You can use multiple whitening products if you want faster results.

I agree :)

• 1 year later...

Archived