Forum Friday: What was the moment that got you hooked on your favorite K-pop group?

When I heard both Chen and D.O's voices while watching Growl for the first time, I instantly fell in love with their voices.

I also thought that they were pretty cute, so that was partly the reason why I fell in love with them. But I fell in love with EXO mainly because of their vocals, despite my constant fangirling over their apperances now!

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Guest pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Guest unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

@lucythewolf I'm not sure which artists you listen to currently, but if you are looking for some fun songs to listen to on a warm, weekend day, may I suggest you check out this Spotify playlist that I put together? The theme of this playlist is bright, upbeat songs that never fail to put a smile on my face and put me in a good mood, so maybe you can enjoy some of the songs and discover a new artist or two that you don't already know! ^__^

19 hours ago, lucythewolf said:

Hi, currently looking for k-pop artist to discover, perhaps on a wide range of genres :) 

I hope to get a list of artist to listen to over the weekend as its going to be warm weekend.

• Guest pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

When I first saw Shinhwa many moons ago. So hansome. But I kind of lost interest now, these new Kpop groups look like little kids, or mechanical robots. Right now I just like Tiger JK cause he keeps it real.

When Saw the first Bigbang Music Video . Their performance and music direction is very special at that moment since when Bigbang debut , Kpop is still not worldwide known like now . Their music is just fresh and from that moment i'm hooked 

• Guest unpinned this topic
  • 3 months later...

Been a kpop stan since ages but never be able to pick my bias group. However the moment that I watched Hwang Min Huyn cried when he was the only one from his group making it into Wanna One, while other 3 members were smiling n encouraged him, I decided to support them with all my strengths

• 4 weeks later...

I was searching for top most handsome guys in Korea then I saw this video on youtube and the song that was used in that video was "Second Confession" by BTOB. But I didn't know it that time, then I asked my sister if she know of it but she didn't know as well. The next day she told me she found it and then she showed me the video of that song (the Pajama version) and I thought "Oh they look so cute and I love their voice" I searched them on youtube, only to see those funny clips with Sung Jae breaking a water melon using his head and so on. I watched their MTV Diary and thought they seem so humble and doesn't act like celebrity at all, ever since then I became a fan.

• 4 months later...

exo:

didnt really like them pre overdose era, but after listening to overdose i couldnt stop playing that song so yeah, then i started watching all their variety shows and fell inlove

snsd:

actually got me into kpop, found out about them because i googled the league of legend dances and since two of my main champions dances are inspired by them, gave them a shot and loved them immediatley + i was stunned by their beauty

• 2 months later...

For sure I wasn't hooked by k-pop. I just tried to understand other people's passions.

I was addicted to music when I listened Hyukon for the first time, that's when I embraced korean music, not only performance.

• 9 months later...

I watch different programs and small videos in YouTube, and if I see guys there who cry and who support each other, I immediately fall in love with this group. By themselves, I like only singers of ballads in K-Pop, and I love the bands for the way their members communicate warmly with each other.:tears::wub:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived