When i watch Kdrams,mostly 2nd male lead loves 1st female lead so much..but still she choses 1st lead...I always feel bad for 2nd lead in most dramas. this series doesnt have much of this sort of things... BLY & GH are almost similar type with different attitudes...both long for love...thats why they are attracted to each other..I wish people translate this novel even though its completed...

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, alvinboi said:

That’s one chapter of smut. I’m not going to translate it. I don’t think I can write it in English as well as the author did in Mandarin. >_<

Thank you for the translations and comparisons; they were enjoyable as always!

I wish I understood written Mandarin well enough to translate the smut considering I write graphic explicit content quite a bit ^_^ Would've been fun.

Edit: If anyone who speaks Mandarin wants to give me a general summary of the smut scene (kind of like what @Leo456 does in their smut summaries), maybe I can try to work it out into something smoothly receivable? I don't, however, want to change CJD's words.

Edit 2: @gayyoxx Perhaps you can visit LovelyThings on Wattpad and ask her to translate it. She does smut translations quite well.

• Like 4

The eng sub for episode 13 is now complete on "Chinese Web Series" Youtube channel.

By the way, I've read that the uncut DVD is not allowed. Is it true? What would the DVD then be without all the uncut scenes? :tears: Isn't that like the major reason for people to buy the DVD?

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, liesl said:

The eng sub for episode 13 is now complete on "Chinese web series" Youtube channel.

By the way, I've read that the uncut DVD is not allowed. Is it true? What would the DVD then be without all the uncuts? :tears: Isn't that like the major reason for people to buy the DVD?

Hmm, I would hope that the DvD is uncut. Otherwise all their work will be wasted.....It is not like I want the smut or anything..... *roll my Tsundere eyes*

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, guhai said:

Thank you for the translations and comparisons; they were enjoyable as always!

I wish I understood written Mandarin well enough to translate the smut considering I write graphic explicit content quite a bit ^_^ Would've been fun.

Edit: If anyone who speaks Mandarin wants to give me a general summary of the smut scene (kind of like what @Leo456 does in their smut summaries), maybe I can try to work it out into something smoothly receivable? I don't, however, want to change CJD's words.

Edit 2: @gayyoxx Perhaps you can visit LovelyThings on Wattpad and ask her to translate it. She does smut translations quite well.

@guhai , I am afraid that I cannot give you the deep detail of smut scene because the source is already summarised into Thai language. Then, I translate Thai into English again. 

However, I am waiting for your artwork ;) 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Leo456 said:

@guhai , I am afraid that I cannot give you the deep detail of smut scene because the source is already summarised into Thai language. Then, I translate Thai into English again. 

However, I am waiting for your artwork ;) 

It's okay! I love your translations regardless of smut detail haha. I'm an author though not an artist :sweatingbullets:

5 minutes ago, gayyoxx said:

@Leo456 If you are writing the next summary, can you put links to the previous parts, kind of what alvinboi does with the episodic comparison? That would make it easier for us to find and read your summary. ^_^ 

I think @skeletonworks has them under a spoiler button on the first post.

• Like 3

My thoughts on Wei Zhou and Johnny's chemistry. On screen it radiates, I love it, partly that was the reason I fell in love with the series. You can have a great story, but with awful actors you can flush it down the toilet. But when the actors are terrific, their chemistry is amazing and the show is well directed... now that's what I call catharsis, doomsday, earthquake, thunderstorm. I have to add here that when I started watching Counterattack I thought around the second episode: 'oh no no no! It must be the same director who directed Like Love'. Even though they have a good chemistry, the messy screenplay made the show lacking and many times confusing. So kudos to the director of Addicted, he did an excellent job.

Back to Johnny and Wei Zhou, when I watched the BTS videos I could not help but notice that first their relationship was a bit awkward, which is understandable, they didn't know each other beforehand and plus they were going to have intimate scenes together... but then, later comes the breakthrough. They had grown closer together and it is noticeable that their relationship had changed. Seeing the BTS videos I first thought that Johnny is the one who is chasing after Wei Zhou, just like GH in the series, but after watching the interviews and the fan meeting it seems quite the opposite. I didn't know if you noticed but Wei Zhou is searching for Johnny's look many times when he is laughing on something, touching him, sometimes even chasing after him and I can't get enough of his big, sparkling eyes when he smiles/looks at Johnny. Johnny on the other hand seems like he is being lost in his own world, playing the manliest man alive so much that my screen grows muscles too (I mean all kind of muscles). Regardless, he still pays attention to Wei Zhou, but in a silent kind of way. (or well, attacking him)

There are two particular moments I liked during the fan meeting. The first one when Johnny hugs a girl and Wei Zhou has this amazed look on his face, but it is mixing a bit with a 'hey, wtf' look as though it is a bit forced. The second one when Johnny is role playing with a guy from the audience and first Wei Zhou is standing few feet away like an abandoned puppy. Then he goes to help with the cake at the table and it seems he is ignoring and not playing attention at all what's going on the stage. But then I was kind of surprised seeing him react suddenly two more times with an even more intense 'wtf' face while Johnny is joking around with the guy. I think you can tell if someone's facial expression is genuine or fake and there I didn't see Wei Zhou the actor (or maybe I'm seeing too much into it). And then the best part, when the guy touches Johnny and as soon as Wei Zhou sees it he runs over and separates them, wtf are you doing man, and pulls closer Johnny to himself then send the guy away, haha. Priceless.

Maybe it was just for the show, I don't know, but it didn't seem staged to me at all. If you watch the whole fan meeting you see that there is nearly no fan service, not like during Like Love or Counterattack fan meetings (where I sometimes found it too obvious that they staged it), that's why these two moments caught my attention. And I liked the meeting more without heavy fan service, it looked more natural.

• Like 14

3 hours ago, guhai said:

http://i65.tinypic.com/35aub5t.png

"Guhai could never get used to this—never wanted to get used to this. These weekend mornings where he would wake up to Luoyin’s adorable habit of grabbing onto his sleeve in his sleep—as if looking for an anchor that would guide him back to the real world after being swept away by waves of dreams. Guhai loved being his anchor."

(I like to imagine this is why Luoyin does it, hah.)
(Note, this is not a translation of CJD's novel. It's something I wrote for Luoyin Hates Cars - my new fanfic on AFF. The corresponding chapter hasn't been published yet.)

Confession : I have never read your fanfic @guhai. The reason being I'm super addicted to the original series,  i want to read the original novel in English first. And to get in another addiction is like introducing me to yet another drug. Im already an addict, now you want me to be alcoholic too? Hehe

But if your quote above is any indication, then i must say it is one helluva great read. Am very much willing to try it out. I bet everyone should. To keep us sane in the coming weeks when the long absence of the series will be felt. 

Speaking of translations,  @alvinboi your novel comparisons are such a treat! Never doubt yourself,  I would definitely read a translation from you. In fact, if ever you decide to do it, keep your annotations (the words in green), include them in the final product.  theyre so much fun. I imagine your translation would be filled with inserts like 

Gaaah This is soo cute. I'm gonna die."

Imagine that. It will be like reading it with a friend. 

Also, why no novel comparison from episode 1 to 4?

• Like 4

Guest skeletonworks
6 hours ago, guhai said:

A new fanfic based on my take on how the car accident impacted Luoyin and his marriage. Delves into why Guhai constantly fears losing Luoyin, even after marrying him:

Luoyin Hates Cars : http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1093297/luoyin-hates-cars-addicted

Excerpt:

Hide contents

He wished he could say it ‘wasn’t personal,’ but it was actually too personal. Eleven years had passed since the accident. In that time, he had gotten married to the last person he thought he’d ever marry: his step-brother. His husband owned a company and Luoyin found himself content to work alongside him, not caring whether or not he was ‘top dog’—their relationship was long past that stage. On their off days, they spent time at home, cooking, cleaning, and walking ALang. Occasionally they went on vacation. And, of course, there was the sex, which had greatly improved over the years.

He was happy…except for the cars.

I haven't read this latest fanfic first yet. I don't know whether you've read the spoiler about the accident but here I will add more to the previous spoiler and I was devastated when I heard it from my friend today... 

When Guhai covered Luoyin during the accident, something proded the back of Guhai's body!!! Luoyin tried frantically to take out the object. In the process, this had left marks/scars on his hands. After that he carried Guhai on his back while crying to search for nearby hospital because at that time the road was congested and there's no way an ambulance can get to the accident area. He carried him for God knows how far and was scared of losing him. Guhai only discovered about this incident 8 years later when Yangmeng (who now works as a police traffic) showed to him the CCTV. That's when he decided to get married to the man he loves so dearly. 

My thoughts: When I heard about this, I almost got teary eyes. It's very heart wrenching. I don't know if I can watch this scene or not when it airs in season 2 or 3 T___T This is heartbreaking....

4 minutes ago, skeletonworks said:

I haven't read this latest fanfic first yet. I don't know whether you've read the spoiler about the accident but here I will add more to the previous spoiler and I was devastated when I heard it from my friend today... 

Hidden Content

It seems like the series get a lot darker/dramatic in the later part. I don't know if my heart can handle such strong dose xD Now I am even more interested in reading the novel. CJD senpai, pleaseeeeeeeeee

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lancei said:

It seems like the series get a lot darker/dramatic in the later part. I don't know if my heart can handle such strong dose xD Now I am even more interested in reading the novel. CJD senpai, pleaseeeeeeeeee

Dont worry it will prolly be cut xD

/sarcasm

• Like 4