Quantcast

@Ariodante, @André Sá,

Wow... Really deep and powerful sharing! I am amazed how this series is able to touch and continue to touch so many people from so many different background. Maybe the love that we dream of, had and lost, and the regrets and hope we have about love are indeed the reasons why we are so hooked. It is our common language! That could explain why its appeal is beyond traditional BL.

I said before and I will say again. China lost an opportunity in extending its soft power by banning Addicted. They had not realised how many people love the show and would have had a favourable image of China. This is yet another PR blunder they committed. It just reinforces their image as secretive, unpredictable and controlling.

Andre Sa, I don't think the Chinese likes it when one takes the hard approach. Protest and petition will only make them more resolute. They will not engage like how they were during the Umbrella movement in Hong Kong. If only someone powerful would privately get the top government officials see things in a different light. This is a different kind of delusion.

So I personally feel the best way forward is to let more people know about the show, and support the boys - such as buying ZZ music, watching JY new shows. This is what most Chinese fans are doing. We can join in too :) Let those in SAFRT know that they can ban but they cannot stop people from loving the show and the boys! 

• Like 17

ariodante somehow put my thoughts about the series into words. or answered my confusion as to why and how I/we are hooked to this. and I think that is also the reason why we easily put JY and ZZ as the real life version of GH and BLY.

I saw myself as the combination of two (JY-ZZ and GH-BLY) but I'm more like a BLY-ZZ person. I see a lot of myself in him. and after watching and reading Shangyin, I realized that if I were to be in a relationship with a guy I want it to be a GH-JY kind of person.

in charlie10's post, I agree that ZZ is just making a decision that would fuel his career. I mean, he's studying acting and he's been doing stuff for entertainment, and if he has something for JY beyond friendship/bff/bromance then keeping it low would somehow be a better choice. In a world that doesn't fully accept relationships between people of the same gender, being in that kind of relationship and entering entertainment would be a risk. for both career and personal life. It is also a great risk for media companies or entertainment management to invest in you. that's at least what I observe most of the time.

and...**Thai FM stuff

I don't think the host said something about JY's "management" trying to change contract. what I remembered was that if they did not follow that one person (who he can't name) would be in trouble when he gets back home. so I don't think JY is signed to a company. Our free willy really cherishes his freedom.

• Like 18

@supercurious Oh, I was not clear, I mean JY's airport scandal. Once again, correct me if anyone knows about this. I don't think we allow to mention any bad news here, plus I don't follow bad news myself but I think it was him being angry at a fan because it was too crowded, and then his manager said do not follow him because he's angry (I mean cmon now, it's ok to be angry in that situation, who would not?). That's all I know with my limited Chinese and sorry for the confusion. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kmmyzz said:

Finally finished translating and subbing ZZ's interview with Billboard China.

All thanks to Deokhu Island on youtube who let me to use her Korean sub to English.

Note: There might be slight off translations as this was translated from CH to KR to ENG.

Enjoy! Also, this video is only for 360p as there's no actual video.

(oml can't believe I did this for 4 hours..... ;-;)

@kmmyzz Thank you! i was thinking who can sub it for international fans as ZZ acknowledges the international fans and how he is so touched by all the fans' support.

• Like 8

@may no problem! But still I could make mistakes here and there, as it's a translation of a translation, so I'd like to apologize beforehand!

@xinstantnoodlesx I've never heard this story, because all I've heard is JY refusing to go out using VIP lanes as he wants to be see his fans, no matter how crowded it is. If he got mad, it'd be him being forced to use VIP lane, hence, he couldn't see and greet his fans. I don't think JY is that kind of person, from what I've seen, he did enjoy being surrounded by fans (even if we, the ones who're looking from pictures, feel suffocated instead), he still treated the fans nicely^^

• Like 11

2 hours ago, ayasdai said:

Whoever is drawing these amazing fanarts and then makes a gif from it I am willing to pay her/him to animate S2.  lxhdeyidixiao_thumb.gif

Yes, yes, yes! I want to pay too! The drawing is so darn good.

1 hour ago, xix19xix said:

So I personally feel the best way forward is to let more people know about the show, and support the boys - such as buying ZZ music, watching JY new shows. This is what most Chinese fans are doing. We can join in too :) Let those in SAFRT know that they can ban but they cannot stop people from loving the show and the boys! 

I agree. Hopefully, these last couple of days have been enough eye opener for sparft to realise what they are doing wrong. Hopefully...

1 hour ago, kmmyzz said:

Woot! Thank you @kmmyzz. Cookies for you :cookie:

Oh, ZZ wears the same suit as JY? On what occasion is this?

@Ariodante Thank you for sharing your bf's deep experience. I can relate with his experience as well. Through Addicted, I kind of relive my (middle) school moments, with my first crush etc. My story is completely different than Addicted's but I capture the image of youth and innocence, awkward feelings and gestures of first love, the bittersweet moments and all. JY and ZZ breathed life and turned somewhat ordinary coming of age story into something magical with their charms and magnetic bond. There are other actors as good looking and charming as them, maybe more, but their bond is like, hmm, true love materialised?

Sounds cheesy but personally for me, I guess it is the bond between them which pulls me into this fandom and keeps me here after the season 2 is cancelled and all.

• Like 21

43 minutes ago, xinstantnoodlesx said:

@supercurious Oh, I was not clear, I mean JY's airport scandal. Once again, correct me if anyone knows about this. I don't think we allow to mention any bad news here, plus I don't follow bad news myself but I think it was him being angry at a fan because it was too crowded, and then his manager said do not follow him because he's angry (I mean cmon now, it's ok to be angry in that situation, who would not?). That's all I know with my limited Chinese and sorry for the confusion. 

I remember one particular event regarding he is being upset with the mob fans. I don't think the vid was ever subbed, but I remember him saying something to the fans and you can hear the annoyance in his voice. It happened when he was crushed by the fans and nearly fell over (he hired the bodyguards after that). He must have been very upset because the mob fans basically attacked him and almost knocked him over...

• Like 12

OMG. ZZ and JY's couple suits are too much to handle. They are playinggggggggg withhhh usssss. 

If ZZ is asked for the reason.I would think

Proper answer: This suit is from sponsor / stylist. I have no idea that JY wore this before. 
Delulu version: JY left this in the apartment. He looks so good in the suit. But I think I can wear it better. 

I personally think ZZ rocks the suit with a pritier and softer version. I prefer ZZ's choice of shoes. :wub:

• Like 12

23 hours ago, kmmyzz said:

All thanks to Deokhu Island on youtube who let me to use her Korean sub to English.

Note: There might be slight off translations as this was translated from CH to KR to ENG.

Enjoy! Also, this video is only for 360p as there's no actual video.

(oml can't believe I did this for 4 hours..... ;-;)

Thanks a lot @kmmyzz. Your 4 hours worth of effort is highly appreciated. It was fun to hear (and ultimately understand) ZZ after such a long time. He is going to do Latin dance in his concert... ha ha I can't wait to see him dance. His weight loss sure is alarming though. Excessive work pressure and expectations are taking their toll. He has earlier also admitted that he is a workaholic, suffers from OCD, he can't rest until he finishes something he has started. Well I hope everything works out well for him. Wish his concert to be a huge success. 

• Like 19

Guest skeletonworks
1 hour ago, kmmyzz said:

@Oline Oline yes, it's a recent event, happening now :)

Also, couple bag, perhaps?

daGqXu9.jpg

More couple bags :w00t:

Civ6gOZUUAAws3h.jpg

Civ6hKvUgAM6a2q.jpg

Cr. jingTF on Twitter

At the time that JY had the photo shoot, he was kind of skinny. It was during his crazy-busy time. And the suit looked snugged fit on him. While the suit looks somehow looser on ZZ. The shirt shows a deep V line of ZZ chest :wub:

So let me continue dreaming my dream of them wearing the same suit. The couple suits are not bad, but only my 2nd choice. hahahaha

• Like 18