Quantcast

14 minutes ago, bearology said:

Only if one day HC will release the full episode, we may have to wait for 3 years, maybe 8 years? Argh CJD, why 8, why did you choose 8? lol

"The number 8 represents wisdom, learning through experience, stability, patience, and responsibility." - Linda Goodman's Star Signs

Just saying. :vicx::phew:

• Like 16

15 hours ago, charlie10 said:

To put the predicament of the boys in perspective, I just read a article in my morning newspaper on the new, increasing censorship in China

Reveal hidden contents

China has 721 million netizens, most in the world. And the government wants to control that force, wants to know what they're doing in order to prevent any uprising. So the control of the internet has become a very important issue and the view is that they need to be able to put breaks on. So, apparently they're introducing a credit system (I think this is related to what you mentioned before @teafortwo ). It's already in place in some regions (like in Shanghai). The idea is that everything you say or do online - and even offline - will be connected to your identity card. How you behave, what you buy, what you say, what you write will be recorded in a personal file. The system will give points, for your views, your character. It's all part of a way to fight the 'moral corrupcy' of the society, officially about fighting economical corruption, but in actuality is about controlling the population.

If you look at everything that's happened with the boys and Addicted, it seems to be part of this pattern. The popularity of the series and as a result, the actors, is something percieved as both immoral and uncontrollable. And if everything JY & ZZ do is recorded, supervised, controlled, then they really can't do much. And their fans can't do much either. Seems they'll have to 'earn back' some credit first, by being 'upstanding' citizens. If they even can.

It's scary stuff, IMO. The risks are seemingly bigger than just getting cut out of a show, it can affect your whole life. Your family's life, your friends' lives. Again, I just want to tell them to move away. Seems like everything they do which is fun and lovely and beautiful (together and apart) will just be kicked to the curb anyway. (But I do realise I'm speaking from my Swedish perspective. I can't pretend I know much at all about the Chinese culture.)

Who could have imagined that a little, loveable, low-budget BL web-series could cause such a stir. And that their stars could. I guess the reason lies in the same reason we're all here, obsessing about it. It has that extra something, that which can't be explained. And so much of that is in the chemistry between JY & ZZ.

It'll be interesting to see if Addicted gets some kind of second life from being on in Taiwan, or if it ends there. If there will be new people going gaga over things like this.

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

China has to be careful that it does not become a country driven by fear. No one dares to be creative and different in such an controlled environment. For a country to be really rich, tolerance for diversity is needed. It is unrealistic to expect everyone to think the same way while having a vibrant economy. I see a very bleak future for China if this is what they intend to do. How can they lead in technology and culture if they remain so sterile?

• Like 16

12 minutes ago, xix19xix said:

China has to be careful that it does not become a country driven by fear. No one dares to be creative and different in such an controlled environment. For a country to be really rich, tolerance for diversity is needed. It is unrealistic to expect everyone to think the same way while having a vibrant economy. I see a very bleak future for China if this is what they intend to do. How can they lead in technology and culture if they remain so sterile?

It's time for the upper echelon in China's government to go back and study World History again. Throughout history, countries that took an extreme isolationist stance, especially towards cultural/intellectual exchanges, fell within two or three generations. Without advancement from shared ideas, it is impossible to continue growth, especially in a country whose economy is becoming so dependent on export. From a Western viewpoint - money will always talk, but ideology can tell it what to say.

• Like 9

48 minutes ago, xix19xix said:

I think most governments are trying to control their populace through fear. Even in UK, lately there are concerted efforts by the govt to put "fear of immigrants" in the general population to advance their agenda. While personally I am against fear mongering, logically I can understand what they are getting at.

However, on China's case, I am totally unable to understand why China put such a heavy restriction toward Addicted and JY/ZZ without a respite. Usually, fear mongering tactics are accompanied by sugars to ensure the population choose the (govt's version of) "desired behaviour". You want to do it your own way? Ready for punishment! You don't want to be punished? Do it my way. There is none like this on the case of Addicted. Even when CJD/the boys/whoever else had obeyed sparft to the point of doing that horrible Thailand FM, JY/ZZ are still being (unofficially) banned. That's strange and imo a very wrong move from sparft.

If sparft or something really want to destroy cp-image from JY/ZZ, then they should give JY/ZZ the chance to be something else than GH/BLY. Give the fans the chance to identify JY/ZZ with something else than Addicted. Instead, sparft is constantly pressuring them, effectively turning JY/ZZ into tragic heroes in the eyes of the fans, making the fans fiercely protective of and loyal toward them. When I am talking about fans, it's not just to fanboys or fangirls buying ZZ's albums or swarming the airports but also high profile figures who are deeply in symphaty with JY and ZZ and maybe supporting them quietly.

• Like 16

Johnny updated his fancafe with pics of him holding his written korean message to fans,  he is so cute and lovely :tears:

• Like 8

21 hours ago, sonicwave said:

A little bit of correction and the missing part:

JY : How do you want to be thrown out?

ZZ: How do you want to throw me out?

JY: I will....throw you out beautifully, is that ok?.

ZZ: It's really up to you.

JY -( his hand on his heart) Why do I suddenly feel panicked?

Female MC: Even how to be thrown out can be discussed?

Male MC: It looks like these two discuss everything beforehand.

@sonicwave Thank you!  ah...lol...now i know what JY said.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, izziehudson said:

quoting this because I agree with all the points above:

Reveal hidden contents

1) True, that's kinda the whole point - being in a relationship with a person of the same gender (which in my case, a woman) is to actually be with a woman. If I want a "manly" girl might as well I date a man, no one is the "boyfriend" in this relationship. Also, it's actually normal to be masculine and at the same time prefer to be the bottom. (take for example the couple in Shameless (US version) - Mickey and Ian, Ian is the more "uke" whereas Mickey is the more "dominant" one but Ian's always the top...) -- and like pictured in the novel, it's not just "one-way", it depends on their preference (which definitely none of anyone's business)

There's always a limit to jokes about sexuality - a celebrity is still just human. On a related note, I have seen how Chen Wen's Weibo has been flooded with messages like "You'll always be the bottom!", "You're so beautiful you definitely aren't straight!" "You will always be ****ed in the a**e", quite a number of more explicit ones as well (like wtf srsly who says this kinda thing T.T pity Wenwen), leading to him deleting a lot of posts - possibly affected by the words. Can't blame him, imagine how he would feel being told something like that, regardless of his actual sexuality (which shouldn't be anyone's business but his). 

(edit : not saying that this is the reason CW deleted the posts, but I have seen a number of comments like that on his posts which disgust me - probably he wanted to clear his feed that's all)

As much as I really like seeing JY and ZZ together (and reading fanfic smut while picturing them lmao), I wouldn't personally leave a message saying "guys, you should totally be gay and marry each other" and comment on ZZ's picture "damn you have such tiny waist, you're totally uke" :sweatingbullets: 

2) I initially don't care much about shipping them at first, but looking at their interactions day after day, it's just so adorable - it's hard for me not to ship them :lol: the acting doesn't feel like it's forced and definitely they don't do all that just for the sake of fan service. Whatever they are, best friends, lovers, colleagues - they seem to be really comfortable with each other. So I'm kind of a CP fan, but I care more about them as individuals - and I would do anything within my capability to support their careers (since it's too late to back off, I'm waaaaaaaaay too deep in this fandom lalala~~)

Seriously though, just stay in your lane, it's not hard : 

• If you are a JY-only fan, support JY without bringing ZZ down.
  • If you are a ZZ-only fan, support ZZ without bringing JY down.
  • If you are a CP fan, support #YZ and both guys as individuals - (and we shall all be happy in our delulu land!)
  • If you are anti-JY, anti-ZZ or anti-CP, gtfo use your energy on loving/supporting other celebrities (or yourself lmao, having so much hate can't be healthy), why hate on people smh

tumblr_nx6rpsHh7c1ucmq99o1_400.gif

Anyway, keep streaming ZZ's songs, guys! 

(I should be working but cannot resist butting in the convo bc I had to say the Chen Wen part)

SLAY IT GURL

anigif_enhanced-23470-1406490981-25.gif?

• Like 6

Also, I've seen this pattern very frequently these days but...

Spoiler

Please make sure to check previous posts and pages you haven't read before you post. At times, some of you reposted of posts that had been posted earlier, sometimes only few posts away. I know that at times we can be so excited and post without checking the thread first, but hopefully all of us can check the thread first before posting. 

Thank you and sorry if I sounded harsh! No hard feelings, but this is a pattern that became very frequent these days.

• Like 16

@kmmyzz Just wondering, apart from the heart typo, did JY also typo-ed on this word: 제하?

Should it be 제가?

Wallpaper / fanart , credit to @瑜洲De小可爱

Spoiler

005Wk8eHjw1f3jgg1u9i4j30u01hcb29.jpg

(look at JY's hand on ZZ's waist lmao)

Spoiler

005Wk8eHjw1f3jgfvdb29j30u01hc7wh.jpg

this one is super cute omg, this should have happened during Thai FM T^T, JY and ZZ hand in hand *sobs*

damn I wish I am good with artsy stuff =.=

Spoiler

Anyway,

Sincere apologies to those who probably misunderstood my earlier post - I was trying to say, there are "(anti?)fans" who post very disturbing comments on the boys' social media. Seeing things like that on CW's posts previously made me really uncomfortable and annoyed somewhat. Saying you love them / calling them "baby cat" *welp, guilty*, "wifey", "beautiful" etc is different than saying things like "you'll always be the bottom!", "let me just richard simmons you till you can't move" to their social media. Hell, even saying to them "F**K MEEEEE" or you know, since that would be censored lmao, "操我!!!" is acceptable. Like JY said, it's a good feeling to be liked by people, it's like some sort of approval of their attractive appearance. 

There's a fine line between complimenting people and insulting them. You can tell whether some people mean it in a good way or not, you know. The boys aren't that dumb, too.  They know what they signed up for when they agreed to film a BL series. "Uke", "seme", "wifey" etc, people shipping them blablabla would happen anyway, anyhow. But that doesn't mean anyone can abuse them with such explicit comments.

Hope this clears things up, at least a little. Cheers y'all. 

• Like 10

Reposting this pic from @kmmyzz

gMU7B2z.jpg

My eyes just zoomed in to that Goro necklace.... KYAAA! xD And my reaction was like this :

awgsjkfCBxsu4.gif

I know I'm nuts. Don't need to tell me. :vicx:

• Like 24

@kmmyzz bless JY and his cute little typos 

AND ON ANOTHER NOTE HELLO FROM YOUR LOCAL POTATO!

D6-01_zpscnszvjqu.png

I'm back again with a reminder that we are just a mere 6 DAYS from our deadline for message submission! Bear with me for the next 5 days and you'll see this kind of post. 

That aside, our (me and @ximichem) PM are still open if you want to submit your message. For further information regarding our project, you can click here and it'll direct you to our masterpost. If you've got questions about our project other than has been stated on our post, please feel free to send us a message here, in Soompi, or to our Instagram here

We hope you'll join this message and show our love to our boys! Have a great one everyone! :) 

• Like 18

2 minutes ago, poetato said:

@kmmyzz bless JY and his cute little typos 

AND ON ANOTHER NOTE HELLO FROM YOUR LOCAL POTATO!

D6-01_zpscnszvjqu.png

I'm back again with a reminder that we are just a mere 6 DAYS from our deadline for message submission! Bear with me for the next 5 days and you'll see this kind of post. 

That aside, our (me and @ximichem) PM are still open if you want to submit your message. For further information regarding our project, you can click here and it'll direct you to our masterpost. If you've got questions about our project other than has been stated on our post, please feel free to send us a message here, in Soompi, or to our Instagram here

We hope you'll join this message and show our love to our boys! Have a great one everyone! :) 

Would you be able to give us an indication how many messages have been submitted?

• Like 6

@liesl this is my reaction to that necklace:

tumblr_n96ypdQMbK1tgx1goo3_500.gif

Yes, boys... keep on wearing those necklaces, please...

Edit: sorry for the cat gif spam. I hope nobody is allergic to cat gifs :P

• Like 22

38 minutes ago, SueLyinn said:

@kmmyzz Just wondering, apart from the heart typo, did JY also typo-ed on this word: 제하?

Should it be 제가?

He wanted to say 제 하트 받아주세요 but he wrote 제 하 받아주세요 instead xD

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, xix19xix said:

Would you be able to give us an indication how many messages have been submitted?

sure sure 

Spoiler

for now it's roughly around ~50+ so yay :)

• Like 18