5 hours ago, charlie10 said:

To put the predicament of the boys in perspective, I just read a article in my morning newspaper on the new, increasing censorship in China

Reveal hidden contents

China has 721 million netizens, most in the world. And the government wants to control that force, wants to know what they're doing in order to prevent any uprising. So the control of the internet has become a very important issue and the view is that they need to be able to put breaks on. So, apparently they're introducing a credit system (I think this is related to what you mentioned before @teafortwo ). It's already in place in some regions (like in Shanghai). The idea is that everything you say or do online - and even offline - will be connected to your identity card. How you behave, what you buy, what you say, what you write will be recorded in a personal file. The system will give points, for your views, your character. It's all part of a way to fight the 'moral corrupcy' of the society, officially about fighting economical corruption, but in actuality is about controlling the population.

If you look at everything that's happened with the boys and Addicted, it seems to be part of this pattern. The popularity of the series and as a result, the actors, is something percieved as both immoral and uncontrollable. And if everything JY & ZZ do is recorded, supervised, controlled, then they really can't do much. And their fans can't do much either. Seems they'll have to 'earn back' some credit first, by being 'upstanding' citizens. If they even can.

It's scary stuff, IMO. The risks are seemingly bigger than just getting cut out of a show, it can affect your whole life. Your family's life, your friends' lives. Again, I just want to tell them to move away. Seems like everything they do which is fun and lovely and beautiful (together and apart) will just be kicked to the curb anyway. (But I do realise I'm speaking from my Swedish perspective. I can't pretend I know much at all about the Chinese culture.)

wow.. that scary, I feel like reading a dystopia story :tears:

Also I read in my local paper, the govt is preparing a new proposal which will give them more control in media. The proposal states that the government is entitled to take one percent shares of major Internet companies in China.

Companies that could be affected is that as long as these are in control of Cyberspace Administration of China and the State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film, and Television.

Some of these include Tencent Holdings, Baidu, and NetEase.

source

(it's in Indonesian, sorry if it's old news, and yes ever since Addicted I dig every news regarding China :sweatingbullets: )

• Like 10

Please don’t stop writing  @sohocomo. Your writing is becoming my medicine:wub:

20 hours ago, liam87 said:

JY as a bad bad guy

Hide contents

This video makes me long to see JY, maybe not as a villain as he says he wants to superhero, but an antihero. I think he's got the perfect look for it. A hero who defies the government for the good of the people or to protect a certain someone *coughZZcough*. Or JY as a spy betrayed by his government and forced on the run. Him wearing sexy suits while performing action scenes, repelling off buildings, being just amazing.  I can picture it so clearly. 

5 hours ago, ximichem said:

Habit of Baobei

Cr to Hello_cony

Hide contents

a8ba4fb0gw1f3il2dx8bcg20ci0bmu16.gifa8ba4fb0gw1f3il2iqbvrg207i0dcnpr.gif

I love that ZZ holds JY’s hand when JY reaches across him. Other people might lean back or move out of the way, but ZZ’s instinct is to holds JY’s arm.

Spoiler

Baobei again holding JY's hand at 0:58 they all look so fresh and cute in this interview

5 hours ago, Scandani said:
5 hours ago, charlie10 said:

To put the predicament of the boys in perspective, I just read a article in my morning newspaper on the new, increasing censorship in China

Reveal hidden contents

China has 721 million netizens, most in the world. And the government wants to control that force, wants to know what they're doing in order to prevent any uprising. So the control of the internet has become a very important issue and the view is that they need to be able to put breaks on. So, apparently they're introducing a credit system (I think this is related to what you mentioned before @teafortwo ). It's already in place in some regions (like in Shanghai). The idea is that everything you say or do online - and even offline - will be connected to your identity card. How you behave, what you buy, what you say, what you write will be recorded in a personal file. The system will give points, for your views, your character. It's all part of a way to fight the 'moral corrupcy' of the society, officially about fighting economical corruption, but in actuality is about controlling the population.

If you look at everything that's happened with the boys and Addicted, it seems to be part of this pattern. The popularity of the series and as a result, the actors, is something percieved as both immoral and uncontrollable. And if everything JY & ZZ do is recorded, supervised, controlled, then they really can't do much. And their fans can't do much either. Seems they'll have to 'earn back' some credit first, by being 'upstanding' citizens. If they even can.

It's scary stuff, IMO. The risks are seemingly bigger than just getting cut out of a show, it can affect your whole life. Your family's life, your friends' lives. Again, I just want to tell them to move away. Seems like everything they do which is fun and lovely and beautiful (together and apart) will just be kicked to the curb anyway. (But I do realise I'm speaking from my Swedish perspective. I can't pretend I know much at all about the Chinese culture.)

Who could have imagined that a little, loveable, low-budget BL web-series could cause such a stir. And that their stars could. I guess the reason lies in the same reason we're all here, obsessing about it. It has that extra something, that which can't be explained. And so much of that is in the chemistry between JY & ZZ.

It'll be interesting to see if Addicted gets some kind of second life from being on in Taiwan, or if it ends there. If there will be new people going gaga over things like this.

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

I watched Addicted after reading all of the news of the banning. I am actually started to wonder, would I be this addicted if it did not fueled with rumors since the beginning. For me, the banning makes it more interesting, makes it intriguing, and make me wonder what is it with the series that gets the drama in to the censorship. Your post makes me wonder would I be this glued on my screen if the series come from a non conflict place like Taiwan or Hong Kong for example? 

Or would I just enjoy the beauty and the chemistry of the main leads, and not as invested with their life now, with the banning, and the difficult career wise they are facing now, I feel closer to the actors and not just as their characters. I am just rambling now, charlie. Thank you for the HD gifs. I wish I have your talent in making gifs. 

Now for some serious thoughts 

Spoiler

The Chinese government is seriously scary. Every time I think they couldn’t do something which shocks me, they do with this credit system. I’m starting to look at China like a dystopian empire which rules to control its people by any means necessary please don't take offence as I'm looking at the country against my own experiences and the freedom i live in. And it’s hard to imagine how anyone can fight against such a system. 

And yet a low budget BL webseries has created such a stir, not only in China but for many across the world. I never thought of watching a BL series before, but hearing about the ban seriously peaked my interest for Addicted. I decided to watch the BTS videos and that car kiss sealed the deal. I never imagined as I started that first episode late at night, I would watch the whole serious and forgo sleep even if I had work the following day. Or that it would lead me to be so invested in two people living halfway across the world. Or that it could have formed such a supportive and truly global community around the series and the actors I'm ignoring the antis and haters. And I'm sure many share the same story.

As many have said before, Addicted isn’t the best produced show I’ve ever watched but it has something special. It’s hard to know exactly what draws you in, but JY and ZZ just make you fall in love with them. My love for them has moved passed the series, and every time someone tries to hinder them I just become more invested. Even without the ban Addicted was widely popular in China, but I wonder what would have happened if Addicted wasn’t banned? Would the fervor have died out? It’s hard to say. But I certainly might never have watched it. So if there is one positive I can draw from this horrible situation is the ban was what lead me to this series. 

Now some photos of JY from his global fan club on weibo cause i feel weird ending this post serious. 

Spoiler

I refresh the page to see I'm not alone in feeling China is a dystopia story. And sorry the above post has one of JY's pics.

Edited by windglider
EDIT
  • Like 15

I know this is probably a repost but i love this short clip. JY face when...sorry i cant remeber his name trying to pose a kiss with him. I dont think JY means anything bad but he probably just didnt feel comfortable/strange/weird and he was like ok ok we can stop here. The best part is I have never seen that expression of JY when hes with ZZ even back in those long-time-ago BTS. Awww I just adore them! 

I do agree with the idea that the chemistry between YJ and ZZ was one of the main reason why Addicted was so successful and made so many of us addicted. Anyway, we are all here til today because we want to support the boys right. Whether they are bestfriend, soulmate, bromance, lover, etc; i just hope they will have the strength to go through this storm, be happy and achieve what they want in life. I do hope this storm wont make them loose this special bond between them though.

• Like 18

55 minutes ago, htuvecila said:

@jdyz: not sure if it's more appropriate to PM you? :)

Hide contents

I'm the one who brought the rumor of ZZ visited JY in Dandong to this forum so I want to clear up something here.

Do I believe in this rumor? No.

As a ZZ's bias, I totally share same opinion with you, I'm also not comfortable seeing people try to make ZZ as uke and submissive as possible. Heck even in the novel BLY is not the common uke, they switch sometimes. And they decided to call each other "hubby" IIRC in the four extra chaps after the wedding. So yeah, those edited photos threw me off. I also have BLGT friends and they are both "husband", so I don't know why in a relationship one must be called "hubby" and the other "wifey". I have no idea why a lot of fans think it's the best for them to migrate to other countries either. I don't think they really mean it tho and we shouldn't take it seriously.

Back to why I brought that rumor to the forum, it was a day without much news from both of them. And the rumor was started and spread quite fast in some Asian platforms. So I thought, why don't bring it here for the shippers too? My post was meant for those who are interested and it was tagged with "rumor", "shippers" and "wild imagination". I personally don't think all the rumor and conspiracy are big deals, as long as people here understand it's delulu/ unconfirmed then I'm good with it. From this pov, shippers in this forum are doing a good job. They know when to stop and keep the boundary well. Even though they love to ship and can't let go of the bond between JY and ZZ, they do respect ZZ's friends and try their best to support them as individuals by streaming and buying ZZ's album. I think this should be appreciated :)

Whatever it is, people are interested in different things and we all need to compromise each other. 

PS For those who are patient enough to read till the end of this post, pls keep streaming to  ZZ's song :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:. It's quite important to keep him on top coz singing is the only activity to back him up atm after the ban. Link to stream was posted in the previous page :)

Ok!

http://pop.weibo.com/

I will stream ZZ's songs all day! 

I don't know it's correct.

I'm streaming 3 songs. 2 songs are 月榜 Top 20(Monthly). 1 song is 周榜 Top 20(Weekly).

I don't know how to play his all songs. I pressed play button beside of each songs. no need to sign in Weibo.

And, I failed to order ZZ's album in Taobao because of some difficulties of understanding chinese and delivery. So, I ordered it thru some agency. But, I shall never give up. I keep studying chinese and will follow his weibo.

• Like 8

Idk why they banned Addicted because I can see flock of BL-themed dramas / webseries, etc. out there.

Spoiler

tumblr_o38h0auQ3e1rppjcmo2_1280.png

Aaaaannnddd okaaaay WTF so apparently JY landed on 2nd spot at this Yanyuan voting stuff whatever so..yeah..really..I can't see ZZ anywhere beside him either </3

EDIT: Ohh well. I wish they could just pack everything and go to Thailand or Taiwan or any place except Mainland to continue the S2. *high hopes*

• Like 10

On 3/25/2016 at 5:42 AM, shuwei said:

basically, they got drunk again. drunk bly is a HOT MESS. he couldnt find the bathroom so he peed into the shoe cabinet, right into gh's shoe. gh ran over and told him to pee into the other shoe as well. then when gh put bly's pants back on for him, bly thought he lost his penis bc he couldnt "see" it anymore. so he grabbed gh's d**ck and claiming it as his. he demanded gh to return it to him or else he is gonna use a knife. in the end, gh had to take "little yinzi" out again for bly so bly will leave "little haizi" alone

and almost as surely the sun rising in the east, gh brought up roleplaying. bly remembered that he suffered a lot last time so he has to choose the roles carefully this time. gh wanted to act out  a blue collared worker getting solicited by a prostitute on the streets (omg gh your fantasies are so...). bly insisted on taking the role of the worker so gh reluctantly became the prostitute.  bly even wanted to put oil on gh's body bc it will make gh look extra seductive. of course when the oil is rubbed on, gh looked so sexy that bly was dribbling saliva lmao. gh was like, "you wanna put pepper on me too?"

anyway they begin and gh is hitting on bly, letting him touch the goods, front and back. gh gave the price of 50. bly haggled it down 37 and 5 cents. they go into the bedroom and bly laid on the bed telling gh to start. gh licked his ears and his neck for 1 minute then stopped. turns out his price is rate per minute lmao. so bly had to hand gh all the cash in his wallet. gh gave bly a blowjob, slowly moving down south trying to rim him. bly stopped gh, saying that if he paid money then he gets to top gh. gh argued that rimming doesnt have anything to do with who topping who, its his special service for bly, but bly still refused. gh asked him "why? you are scared i'll lick you so good, you'll want to let me f**ck you?" which made bly so embarrassed he got mad (screamssss). well, gh rimmed bly real good anyway...

then gh laid on top of bly and said "do you believe that i can make you come with just 2 fingers?" bly though gh was gonna stroke his richard simmons with 2 fingers but gh just slipped the fingers into him. bly angrily told him to take them out, but gh pointed out that "little yinzi" is having such a reaction bc of it. even though bly worried, he came from being fingered...

as bly was about to start the main event, gh told him he is out of money. an hour has passed and after calculating the rate, bly actually owes gh money. bly doesnt have anymore cash so he tries to slide his card on gh's body and entering his pin number using gh's abs, to which gh used a robotic voice to announce that "the card has been decline" (fuq, no one takes roleplaying as seriously as these 2...) bly pouted and decided to stop here. gh immediately held him back, demanding that since bly didnt pay him enough money, bly will have to pay the remaining amount by letting gh f**ck him. bly started getting mad so gh agreed to give him back his fees and even some extra money. this puts bly in a good mood so he gave gh a blowjob with fingering. bly asked gh what position they should do and gh told bly that he is "on top" then basically sat bly on his richard simmons in one smooth move (i truly bow down to gh's skills...) bly looked down all confused bc "little yinzi" is still outside (bly is so damn cute lmao)  

they did it from behind, lying sideways, even standing straight while gh holds one of bly's leg up bc bly is so flexible 

afterwards gh lovingly watched bly count his money, wishing that bly could be this cutely dumb all the time even without alcohol

later that night, bly woke up terrified in gh's embrace:

"da hai, i had a dream that you got into a car accident again, so much blood on the ground."

gh knew bly is still drunk, but hearing these words still brought pain to his heart.

"dont be scared." gh stroked bly's hair. "it's only a dream. i am still here perfectly ok, arent i?"

bly hugged gh tightly. "da hai, you saved my life, if it wasnt for you i would have died a long time ago."

gh softly stroke bly's back, comforting him. "it's ok, its over now."

"i'll take responsibility for you." said bly.

gh held bly's chin, silently looking at him.

"how will you take responsibility?"

bly pulled gh's hand and said very seriously, "i want to marry you."

gh took a deep breath.

"will you marry me?" bly asked with an innocent gaze.

gh rubbed bly's head. "i'm going to sleep. marriage isnt a joke. when you are sober tomorrow we can talk about this."

bly choked up, "you dont want to? you think my family is too poor?"

"no, i wouldnt dare think that! i cant like it enough!"

"then why wont you agree?"

gh couldnt bear to look at bly's sad expression, immediately nodding. "i agree."

bly softly hit gh's chest, smiling from the bottom of his heart.

in the middle of the night, bly dreamed that he and gh got married. gh stood in front of him and showed an embarrassed smile for the first time. bly couldnt stop teasing him, "call me husband, call me husband..."

actually, bly was so into it, he said the words out loud in his sleep.

as soon as gh heard the word husband, he woke up right away. his chest felt hot, as if every cell in his body was boiling.

"what's your name?"

"call me husband..."

this is truly a lovable slip up. gh leaped towards bly's body, embracing him tightly without a hesitation. 

bly felt the pain from the hug and woke up, sleepily looking at gh.

gh fiercely kissed bly's face, mumbling "right here, your husband is here..."

in his half awake half drunk state, bly didnt know what gh was getting all aroused for in the middle of the night

gh was still on a high from those words from earlier. he fiercely held onto the body beneath him, his lips passionately kissing bly nonstop until bly doesnt know what to do

"baby, your husband will love you a lot..."

held against gh's gentle face, bly fell into a deep sleep.

• Like 8

等待着你 - děng dāi zhe nǐ - Waiting For You –  This song was featured in the Addicted Thailand fan meeting.

A cover version of the song which was sung partially in Thai by ToR+ who's a singer, songwriter and pianist. The second part of the song was sung in Mandarin. For me, I like this version slightly more as I like the tenderness in ToR+’s voice.

Spoiler

等待着你 - děng dāi zhe nǐ - Waiting For You

你 看 见 我 吗
nǐ kàn jiàn wǒ ma
Do you see me

我 望 着 你 的 侧 影
wǒ wàng zhe nǐ de cè yǐng
I’m looking at your shadow

你 可 看 到 我 深 情 爱 着 你
nǐ kě kàn dào wǒ shēn qíng ài zhe nǐ
Can you see how deep my love is for you

我 心 中 呼 喊
wǒ xīn zhōng hū hǎn
My heart calls out

我 最 疼 惜 的 名 字
wǒ zuì téng xí de míng zì
The name of the person whom I cherished most

你 听 到 我 心 的 呼 唤 吗
nǐ tīng dào wǒ xīn de hū huàn ma
Can you hear the call from my heart

我 用 心 的 诉 说 我 爱 你
wǒ yòng xīn di sù shuō wǒ ài nǐ
I want to whole-heartedly tell you that I love you

清 晰 的 说 我 爱 你
qīng xī di shuō wǒ ài nǐ
I want to tell you clearly that I love you

聆 听 你 那 无 声 的 侧 影
líng tīng nǐ nǎ wú shēng de cè yǐng
Listening to your silent shadow

感 受 你 等 待 着 你
gǎn shòu nǐ  děng dài zhe nǐ
I can sense you, I will wait for you

我 用 心 看 你 唤 你
wǒ yòng xīn kàn nǐ huàn nǐ
I look at you devotedly and call out to you

等 着 你 的 身 影 向 我 走 来
děng zhe nǐ de shēn yǐng xiàng wǒ zǒu lái
I will wait for you till you (are ready to) come to me

期 待 着 有 一 天 你 会 看 到 我
qī dài zhe yǒu yī tiān nǐ  huì kàn dào wǒ
I look forward to the day when you would notice me

我 用 心 看 你... 我 爱 你
wǒ yòng xīn kàn nǐ… wǒ ài nǐ
I look at you devotedly ….I love you

你 听 见 我 吗
nǐ tīng jiàn wǒ ma
Can you hear me

看 见 我 的 存 在 吗
kàn jiàn wǒ de cún zài ma
Look at me and acknowledge my existence

你 可 知 道 我 深 情 等 你 爱
nǐ kě zhī dào wǒ shēn qíng děng nǐ ài
Would you be able to know how deep my love is towards you

我 心 中 可 望
wǒ xīn zhōng kě wàng
My heart longs for you

专 注 深 情 的 双 眼
zhuān zhù shēn qíng de shuāng yǎn
I gaze deeply into your eyes

温 暖 我 寂 寞 冰 冷 心 情
wēn nuǎn wǒ jì mò bīng lěng xīn qíng
It gives warmth to my feelings of loneliness and cold

我 用 心 的 诉 说 我 爱 你
wǒ yòng xīn di sù shuō wǒ ài nǐ
I want to whole-heartedly tell you that I love you

清 晰 的 说 我 爱 你
qīng xī di shuō wǒ ài nǐ
I want to tell you clearly that I love you

聆 听 你 那 无 声 的 侧 影
líng tīng nǐ nǎ wú shēng de cè yǐng
Listening to your silent shadow

感 受 你 等 待 着 你
gǎn shòu nǐ děng dài zhe nǐ
I can sense you, I will wait for you

我 用 心 看 你 唤 你
wǒ yòng xīn kàn nǐ huàn nǐ

等 着 你 的 身 影 向 我 走 来

期 待 着 有 一 天 你 会 看 到 我
qī dài zhe yǒu yī tiān nǐ huì kàn dào wǒ
I will look forward to the day when you would notice me

我 用 心 看 你... 我 爱 你
I look at you devotedly….I love you

我 用 心 看 你 唤 你
wǒ yòng xīn kàn nǐ huàn nǐ

等 着 你 的 身 影 向 我 走 来

期 待 着 有 一 天 你 会 看 到 我
qī dài zhe yǒu yī tiān nǐ  huì kàn dào wǒ
I look forward to the day when you would notice me

我 用 心 看 你... 我 爱 你
I look at you devotedly ….I love you

我 用 心 看 你... 我 爱 你
wǒ yòng xīn kàn nǐ …wǒ ài nǐ
I look at you devotedly….I love you

• Like 9

*Ugh* It took me a while to recover from the series of unfortunate events that has happened while I was away. But nevertheless, I believe it will get better in the end. ^_^ I'll still be an avid YuZhou supporter. 

Anyway, have you guys purchased ZZ's album already? For someone who can't understand Chinese, its quite a challenge to navigate through the pages. Hehe. Is the shipment cost that pricey? It seems to be more expensive than the item itself LOL

• Like 2

There's a Danish saying for slow news day translated as "the cucumber time" (when the member of the parliament take their holiday so there's not much news around) which apply very subtly to our dear threads, since we know (don't we?) what cucumber means. LOL.

During this "cucumber time eller agurketid på dansk" (from German word Sauregurkenzeit) I try to re-read the novel translation (Page 1) that had been presented by many good members here. And for every now and then, I might have some question about the novel/drama. 

My first question would be the hepatitis B scare of our dear smart Bai Luo Yin.

From the drama and the novel, the check up was just body check up. Full body check up they say, even checking up the size of their cucumber (?) What was that all about?

Spoiler

you do remember, right? Let me refresh you the time when GH shamelessly checkin' BLY's package

tumblr_o6naxwBGJN1uncpu2o2_1280.png

tumblr_o6naxwBGJN1uncpu2o3_1280.png

tumblr_o6naxwBGJN1uncpu2o4_1280.png

I mean he REALLY shamelessly checking. I assumed he is checking for research purpose like we usually do here on this thread.

tumblr_o6naxwBGJN1uncpu2o5_1280.png

And satisfied with what he saw

tumblr_o6naxwBGJN1uncpu2o6_1280.png

And then it was his turn, to show that glorious five fingers cucumber of his to be inspected, though BLY did not even glanced at it, GH feels the need to look so smug, of his own majestic size. LOL.  (he did see GH's cucumber when GH showered the first time at his place after fishing, his eyes was straight down there when he was checking the hot water, you naughty BLY, you!)

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-31%20at%2022.11.

And BLY act as BLY and gave that disgusted smirk look at that shameless boy being proud of his own p.

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-31%20at%2022.11.

So when did they ACTUALLY do the hep. B check up? To me that full body check up seems just like a way for that pervy guy to see all of the students' package? (and on the novel GH beat the heck of that health assistant after he made a comment of BLY's size). Plus AFAIK hepatitis check up is through blood check. And it takes few days for the result to comeback? I know some of you are medical doctor here, so I am asking sincerely on this. Since I can not brain the full physical check up and then comeback with slight result that BLY probably have hep B? How on earth they came with that conclusion? Please enlighten me.

Spoiler

Oh and blooper. For someone who is smart, and said that hep B can be transmitted through sweat (which I checked it is not, not even saliva, AFAIK, please correct me if my webmd research is wrong on this, but hep B is transmitted through blood and sexual intercourse, and not through sweat and saliva). Anyway, when BLY believed that he has hep B and believed that it can be transmitted through body fluid (including sweat). Why does he throw his used towel to GH when that guy shamelessly accused him of seducing him by changing his clothes in front of his eyes? I mean, used towel, is not hygienic in any means, right?

Spoiler

tumblr_inline_o6naxjPRuS1to2z1o_540.png

I love BLY's embarrassed face when GH teased him with his shameless attitude, here's his beautiful embarrassed face

tumblr_inline_o6naxeORNT1to2z1o_540.png

and here comes the towel. That used towel eh

tumblr_inline_o6naxfPCny1to2z1o_540.png

tumblr_o6naxwBGJN1uncpu2o10_540.png

I know, I know I am nitpick the series, again as I said, it is cucumber time now, so I am just going back and forth reading the novel's translation and watching the drama again.

• Like 20