Hmm does YOHOGIRL put it into scrutiny's place since it updated about Addicted lol?????????????

海洛有因,#上瘾#~12个小时之后,刚刚被下架的#海因夫妇#将接受#YOHO!GIRL#王牌栏目FACETIME的采访,想要表白或提问的速来。我们明早见!

• Like 2

Hello, yes, a long time lurker here! I finally got the courage to register an account and start posting, but I've been reading this topic since it was made and I genuinely feel like I love and know all of you regulars on here. You're very dear to me! As dear as this show is to me. I was so sad when I heard about the ban, but hopefully things will get resolved and maybe it is for the best that this happened cause it accumulated buzz about the show and maybe if it is filmed and produced in another country, there wont be a need for any more (bad) cut scenes like before.

Every time I check this forum, there's like 3 more pages to this topic and that makes me really happy. I love reading up your thoughts and observations, you guys are my heroin! I have to catch up 5 pages at this moment, so until then, toodles! xoxo 

• Like 11

2 hours ago, lolalarue said:

@alvinboi Ugh if that rape scene happens I don't know what I'll do. Reading it is bad enough, but we have insight into their inner thoughts. It's still bad. Terrible, but I can move on because BLY can move on. But in the show? I don't know if I could forgive GH even if BLY does. I really, really hope this is one situation that they somehow manage to avoid happening. Even though I know it's probably pivotal and not something that can be avoided. But can we? Anyway? 

I think we should also not forget the reason behind for GH's action. All along, GH has been a highly possessive person. In school, he makes himself look like a threatening figure towards any classmates who hangs around BLY. He has issues with You Qi and Yang Meng. And when Shi Hui came back, he sent spies to the meeting between Shi Hui & BLY. GH even said it himself that he would rather have BLY hate him for his despicable acts than to see BLY together with Shi Hui.

But, this isn't all his fault. A couple of misunderstandings between GH & BLY and Shi Hui's scheming mind indirectly led to this.

I don't think this rape scene will appear on screen at all. There is explicit sexual content. So, I'm not worried about watching it (or at least not the whole scene as written in the novel).

2 hours ago, gayyoxx said:

@alvinboi @lolalarue

But up to this point, there is no changes on important story lines, right? Some get cut or skipped, but none changed?

There hasn't been significant change in the storylines. The wedding of BLY's dad was brought forward though. Yup, many parts were skipped, which I have tried to fill for you guys in novel comparisons. :)

2 hours ago, Leo456 said:

@alvinboi I just read the rape scene in Thai. I think I cannot translate it because I feel like my heart is cut out

Fighting!!! I've read that part a few times now and it still feel as painful as when I read it the first time. T^T

1 hour ago, mym999 said:

WZH had many talents...His song writing is too perfect for series.he even knitted the scarf..He is my cutie pie...I love him so much....

WeiZhou dances very well and performs on stage like a star too. <3<3<3

Edit: Thanks for sharing the Time magazine article on China censorship. (I lost the quote while typing my replies. So sorry.) It's pretty amazing that Addicted made news in America. Actually, what the article described about China reminds me of my country. Loll. The draconian control... The old perception of homosexuality as mental illness... Gosh...

• Like 9

This series S2 is done in thai then there may not be many cuts...If people feel bad for BLY bcz rape and how he forgave GH then guys you must watch some thai lakorns...As they say songs are essential for a movie..likewise rape scene is must in thai lakorns...I watched few lakorns ,almost every lakorn i watched has rape scene,physical abuse on women,cheating on her...No matter how good 2nd lead is, heroine forgives hero for what he did...If U watched that type of lakorns then you can easily forgive GH...

If bcz of jealousy if he did that to SH then i feel bad for GH but GH did that bcz he want to claim BLY..even though actions are intimate but words are important..

I really wonder BLY ever said i love you to SH since she is his EX....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kevin Woo said:

It is surprising how BLY reacts after the rape but...

Hide contents

Well through the process of him going over things...I guess him realizing how much he has actually fallen for GH was what mattered to him, that's why he could forgive GH so easily and so quickly

As the saying goes... In love, you never have to say you are sorry :) because a heart that loves just forgives 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, fritzgerald said:

As the saying goes... In love, you never have to say you are sorry :) because a heart that loves just forgives 

Too bad that REAL selfless and true love only exists in TV series and fairytales .-.

• Like 4

Just now, Lukasz D said:

Too bad that REAL selfless and true love only exists in TV series and fairytales .-.

Well, if stories of true love and selflessness are common, we won't be addicted to TV series and fairytales :D 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Jefri Pramana said:

Time.com: Chinese Censors Have Taken a Popular Gay Drama Offline And Viewers Aren’t Happy

http://time.com/4236864/china-gay-drama-homosexuality/

Well done Chinese goverment for the censors! :angry:

Congrats Addiction team, world's eyes on you now..!!  :)

Wow! This definitely means Heroin, our boys, and the whole team are getting known worldwide already and very fast! 

Fighting! :)

• Like 6

1 minute ago, gayyoxx said:

Well, if stories of true love and selflessness are common, we won't be addicted to TV series and fairytales :D 

There is a difference...being addicted to the story or to the hot guys that get it on on the screen :P

• Like 3

Fiction  always attracts us...Its our dream which we want but cant possibly have..im addicted to my laptop most of time...No matter how much my family scolds me ,i care less bcz there is always something i want to watch...if there is nothing to watch new i rewatch...I cant imagine my life without internet....I go crazy if i cant access for 1 day...

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Lukasz D said:

There is a difference...being addicted to the story or to the hot guys that get it on on the screen :P

Well, i think its the story. Its just a huge bonus because of the hot guys! Hahaha... And a plus plus plus because of their chemistry or their "affection" towards each other even off cam. :) which we get to see thats why we get more addicted. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, fritzgerald said:

Well, i think its the story. Its just a huge bonus because of the hot guys! Hahaha... And a plus plus plus because of their chemistry or their "affection" towards each other even off cam. :) which we get to see thats why we get more addicted. 

Pervert! xD

But yeah i know what you mean. Each time i watch the series i get so jelleous >_> wish i had something like that but we all know that aint happening xD

• Like 5

21 hours ago, bluestrudels said:

Folks, I managed to sub 25% of Ep 15 in Viki.. Will sub completely but work is real.. will try again tonight if I have time..

https://www.viki.com/videos/1097592v-addicted-aka-heroin-episode-15?

For some odd reasons the link that shows here says the video is not available like grrr.. whyyyy.. huhu

• Like 2

I once heard a friend say that Rape usually turns to Romance in manga. 

So lets group them all together: Boy's Love (BL), yaoi, comics, novel or manga

Consider this perspective:

(from wiki)

"Rape fantasy is a theme commonly found in yaoi manga. Anal intercourse is understood as a means of expressing commitment to a partner, and in yaoi, the "apparent violence" of rape is transformed into a "measure of passion".

While Japanese society often shuns or looks down upon women who are raped in reality, the yaoi genre depicts men who are raped as still "imbued with innocence" and are typically still loved by their rapists after the act, a trope that may have originated with Kaze to Ki no Uta.

Rape scenes in yaoi are rarely presented as crimes with an assaulter and a victim: scenes where a seme rapes an uke are not depicted as symptomatic of the "disruptive sexual/violent desires" of the seme, but instead are a signifier of the "uncontrollable love" felt by a seme for an uke. Such scenes are often a plot device used to make the uke see the seme as more than just a good friend and typically result in the uke falling in love with the seme."

(Dunno how to highlight or underline via mobile.)

-----> So guys, if you consider the RAPE as a literary trope that is common in the genre. Then it makes it more underaandable.

Especially because apparently. In these kinds of novels.. 

Rape equals:

A.) Commitment and Measure of Passion

---> GH proving once and for all his CLAIM on BLY

B.) Rape is not a crime,  (in the genre) but a signifier of the uncontrollable love of the seme for the uke. 

---> the meddling of SH brought GH to his tipping point. 

C.) Plot device used to make the uke see the seme as more than just a good friend and fall in love. 

---> ushers in BLY acceptance ofof his feelings for GH and his final realization that he too is in love and in turn addicted to GH. 

• Like 5

@Lukasz D @fritzgerald 

Haha! I feel you! I also got jealous of GH and BLY.

I am jealous of their relationship more than the fact that they got handsome/cool partner. I guess this jealousy is a left-over from my junior high school time. I got a best buddy once, but because of rumours, he distanced himself away from me. He passed away three years later on a traffic accident. Since then, well, there is an empty space deep inside. 

Anyway, when evaluating books, I  go for the story the most. But for drama/series/movies, it is the chemistry that I value, as in the case of GH-BLY.

@hellolive 

Fellow addicts gather here as support group to sate our addiction! Don't be shy! LOL.

• Like 5

I watched episode 14 English half-subbed. I accidentally shed a tear during the scene when Gu Hai told BLY that he will cooked worse than his dad and buy a box of under wear and throw it so BLY can feel the same feeling that he had with his dad. It's really touching. MY oh MY how can I find a man like that who is willing to do anything for the one he love. Despite his rude and harsh behavior GH is really prince charming. Well done Johnny! U made all of us insane and touched at the same time

• Like 8