28 minutes ago, christian88 said:

hi guys ! shout from Jakarta, Indonesia

so this gonna be my 1st post and pardon me for my longpost ! after longtime lurkering to this thread :phew:

shoutout to fellow jakartan heroin addict !! :lol: welcome to your newest sanctuary @christian88

6 hours ago, aeislaeigh said:

Their manager's updates

Hide contents

042516a.jpg042516.jpg

Credit:  jy_zz_loverboy

OMG such beauties complimenting each other.. Black and white, left and right, dark and bright... husband and waifu :wub:

4 minutes ago, windglider said:

The fandom likes to point out JY's stare to ZZ, but I find ZZ tends to be the one who looks at JY. And when he does, he likes to make eye contact and shift his body towards JY. He tends to lean his body towards JY as well, especially when speaking to him. Can't say much about this, but I think it says a lot. 

Nice findings @windglider.. I also notice that they often initiate that touchy-touchy thing. In male and male friendship (at least in my place).. you need to be comfortable and open with each other to do it (and an open mind too) so even if they're not in love as BLY and JY in the story, they do love each other's company. It's just ZZ is somehow using a mask while JY expressing it out loud that he seemed like a hopeless romantic to us :lol:

Maybe a guy like Johnny doesn't have too many friends (or maybe no one ?) that is at the same level of "him and ZZ closeness", that is why when they're apart the whale seemed so emotional. It's like you're being away (and should not be in the same frame) with your closest BFF ever, you'll be sad won't you ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Ohhh.. and also in Thai FM, whatever the reason or the motives... what ZZ do to that sleeve is one of a few way of mirroring technique, that tells a lot about his thought towards JY, consciously or not.

• Like 16

11 minutes ago, zhouboy said:

reading here makes me smile with teary eyes.

HAPPY 800th, once again!!!

p.s. I haven't noticed any mod reminder with red bold fonts lately. have we become complaisant? Congratulations!

I think we are avoided now…I guess they were getting too many headaches from shaking their heads with disbelief on a daily basis. We've been released to the wild. On the other hand, isn't this tread highlighted still as "red hot"? So, they let the fire burn!

• Like 10

Anyone posted this before? I've been digging for old stuff because of slow news.
So are you guys in doubt of ZZ's cooking because you never seen him cook? XD (Other than the cake photo of course)

Well, we have evidence here that he is a cooking guy.
Old vid is old vid from 2013-03-06 
(Interview with ZZ's friend aka ex-roommate aka ZZ's junior aka singer actor: Ryan Zhu Yuan Bing)
That time Ryan was still a member of the now disbanded RTA teen idol group because of end contract)

So, that video got captured ZZ cooking dinner for friends. It's a long video and there was only a few small glimpse of ZZ when Ryan went back to his rented home so I'll just post some screenshots if don't want to watch all that.

Spoiler

time at 2.02
Screenshot%202.02_zpsp9lcmd5o.jpg

time at 2.03
Screenshot%202.03_zpsvvizy2to.jpg

time at 2.09
Screenshot%202.09_zpsldgzfcoa.jpg

time at 2.39
Screenshot%202.39.jog_zps5u2z0rj7.jpg

time at 3.49
Screenshot%203.49_zpsdqygo25e.jpg

I've also uploaded to youtube with time skips to the part where Ryan came home and can see ZZ cooking.

The interviewer said the home was a Beijing senior who let him live there temporary(Ryan went to Beijing for just half a month during filming of the interview). Not sure if he mean ZZ or not though.
"Clean and tidy room" "With entering the door, can see his friends help him to cook for dinner" "The few of them talking and laughing, very happy together"

• Like 21

1 hour ago, christian88 said:

hi guys ! shout from Jakarta, Indonesia

so this gonna be my 1st post and pardon me for my longpost ! after longtime lurkering to this thread :phew:

Welcome, I'm from Indonesia too haha XD :D

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sohocomo said:

JY Venus sextile ZZ Pluto & ZZ Venus conjoined JY Pluto: The "Soul Mate" aspect. Whether you believe they are in a relationship or that they are just friends, it really doesn't matter. This aspect has an incredibly strong effect either way. There is a 'cosmic' tie binding them together through this. Any type of troubles or disagreements, whether brought about by themselves or others, are next to impossible to cause separation permanently. There is a magnetic pull that will bring them back together. Even if it takes some time, it will certainly happen. 

Goodness... please put a warning that this could cause massive SQUEALING. Especially the "soul mate" aspect.

KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! :love:

Thank you so much for this!! For you, auntie @sohocomoflower-basket-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Like 17

38 minutes ago, zhouboy said:

is it a good one. without comparing to Shangyin. I liked Counterattack but in the series everything was happening too fast. idk, I can't explain. 

i am 100+ chapters into both of her other novels and i think they are good, and better than counterattack. cjd's style really matches my preferences

although, in my opinion, they seem incredibly difficult to make into a drama without a proper budget. they can breeze by with school boys, but the characters' jobs in the other novels (and addicted vol 2 lol) need some real effort, or it'll end up neither here or there like counterattack's drama

• Like 7

Guest skeletonworks
10 hours ago, shuwei said:

omg i know what you mean. i read it like a fiend during every window of opportunity i had, and thought about it the rest of the time. i dont know what it is, i mean the novel definitely has a lot of flaws, but its AMAZING at getting me addicted and to care about the characters.

for me, gh's not only the ultimate typical bl lead but he also beat out all those typical hetero leads lol. his all-consuming love for bly is literally straight from fantasy land. i cannot help but be moved by him, even the crazy stuff that he did, bc i understand why

Hide contents

the novel made it clear that from the time his mom passed away until meeting bly, it was some sort of emotionally dead period in his life. 1) gh saying that he has never cried for anyone except his mom and bly 2) gh only has 2 smiling pictures, one was taken during childhood with his mom, the other was with bly at the beach. cjd really goes through to show how bly is the first person to push gh to the limits of endurance, made him feel him sorrow and happiness, force him to understand what patience, gentleness, or remorse is. like there cannot be a more fitting theme song for gh than teresa teng's "i only care about you" :heart:

like its bc i know this sort of insane unrealistic love is so rare in real life that i love seeing it laid out so unabashedly in fictional form

this reminds of something bly said to gh's dad

Hide contents

"maybe, if i never enlisted in the army, if we werent separated for 8 years, our love would have faded with time and we might have broken up earlier."

which i highly doubt would have happened seeing gh lol, but bly considered it

the separation is necessary for both parties, but i think its even more important for bly than it is for gh. i have read the last chapter of vol 1 at least 10 times by now and i am starting to see how the accident made bly realize the imbalance in their relationship. even though he reciprocated gh's feelings, for the entirety of vol 1 bly has been complacent, letting gh be the fighter and protector. their love was almost entirely dependant on gh's efforts so bly ended up believing gh was invincible. thats why it was earth shattering for him to see gh crumble. he realized the kind of obstacles they will have to face are actually deadly and how powerless he is to protect gh in return.

so part 2 was what differentiated bly from other uke characters for me. he wouldnt be the person he is if he didnt suffer that pain, he wouldnt be this strong if gh had been by his side doting on him. imo the turning point in the story is when bly promised to protect gh and their lost love in that swamp, and when bly can firmly tell gy to back off instead of running away. of course gh is forever unchanging; he will always be a fighter and he will always protect bly. but what bly needed was being able to find that strength and courage on his own. 

And that's why it saddens me to death that we won't get to see this scene live action. I can't even imagine how CJD felt when she had to decide to drop the series. 

And.... I have to stop here at page 801. Got meeting tomorrow at 9 am >_<

@ximichem ah thanks for the explanation! I was rushing around when I posted that. I actually meant to say, won't the size be too big if we include everyone's wishes etc. But I reckon you know what you're doing so I'll leave that up to you to decide. I'm gonna join once you finalised it! I already posted your post on the front page. 

@kmmyzz So he doesn't have an official fan account yet? :( It's okay then. I only want to put the official fan account on the front page.

Sometimes I wish I could take a long break, like 1 week or something and just spend the time here in this forum, stalking the boys on weibo and whatnot. -_- I wish I knew how to quit them...

http://haiyin-mengqi.tumblr.com/post/143340766650/160424-bonus-chen-wens-comment-on-fengsongs

160424: Bonus - Chen Wen’s comment on Fengsong’s Weibo UpdateI will, Darling

160424: Bonus - Chen Wen’s comment on Fengsong’s Weibo Update

I will, Darling

#FengWen

Good night.

Auntie @sohocomo because of the stars or not, I surely can see the patterns on JY-ZZ's relationship. I am still hoping their ship sails in a calm and peaceful waters, always, but realistically speaking, every relationship will have their ups and downs. So, yeah, all hands to the deck when the storm is coming!

So, that video got captured ZZ cooking dinner for friends. It's a long video and there was only a few small glimpse of ZZ when Ryan went back to his rented home so I'll just post some screenshots if don't want to watch all that.

Wow. This vid is gold because there, ZZ was the "unnamed friend" instead of the focus of the interview :w00t: thank you for digging this up and sharing this, @gashupingo.

• Like 19

19 minutes ago, gayyoxx said:

Wow. This vid is gold because there, ZZ was the "unnamed friend" instead of the focus of the interview :w00t: thank you for digging this up and sharing this

And who'll have thought that years later, this vid would be dugged up just to see glimpses of this "unnamed friend" haha.:lol:

Maybe the cameraman knows ZZ's potential. At least his face was caught on camera a few times and the camera was even focusing on ZZ(his back) for a while. ZZ's lips were already so seductive at that time ala the pic I took from time at 3.49. 

Poor girl. I think her face was only hastily caught on camera once(but too fast to be seen anyway).

• Like 15

I'm a bit confused and out of the loop :/ heroin got canceled because of funding right? so does the series ever have a chance of coming back or is it shut down for good? im really sorry for sounding ignorant but it's hard to find information in really long threads..:sweatingbullets:

Edited by ventangel
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, ventangel said:

I'm a bit confused and out of the loop :/ heroin got canceled because of funding right? so does the series ever have a chance of coming back or is it shut down for good? im really sorry for sounding ignorant but it's hard to find information in really long threads..:sweatingbullets:

Lemme help you for this..

Addicted web series ( heroin ) has ben banned and turn down by the Government of chi due to some reason ( gay content etc ) and the CJD ( the author of the novel ) confirm there will be no addicted seasson 2 .. 

:)

• Like 7

2 hours ago, liesl said:

My thought about JY's crazy fandom.

Reveal hidden contents

Johnny's cray cray only fans are just searching for excuses to hate ZZ. I still remember how they hate ZZ for his double eyelids and his love for metal music so it doesn't surprise me that much to see them creating another ridiculous excuses to hate ZZ.

They just want to hate. That's the main reason and there's no logic in it. Hating ZZ gives them a sense of self worth. I always believe that haters are just people who are insecure in their life. By hating, they can elevate themselves to be something more. That's why they can't stop. I bet that, even though they call themselves JY's only fans, they still pay attention to ZZ's career closely to find another reasons to hate him. Under disguise of "protecting" JY of course, when in reality they just want to regain some self worth in their insecure and pathetic life.

I pity ZZ to be the target of that kind of crazy, insecure people. And of course I pity Johnny as well to have that kind of crazy fandom.

Oh well, sadly there's no cure to this. Haters need to hate, after all. -_-

well, I wouldn't call that hate, maybe overreacting? They're being overprotective as fuq and XWZ is an obvious target for them to lash out their frustration.

This makes me remember something I heard before ( don't remember where though) about whether or not achieving your target in life brings you happiness. The answer for most people is no. Sadly, it's more about social comparison. You bought your dream car today, a brand new BMW and proudly drove it home, you felt happy since you had wanted it for so long and worked your richard simmons off for it, but then you found out your neighbor who you always looked down upon just bought a brand new million dollar Ferrari, the happiness vanished. Something like that.

I think it goes the same for HJY only fans. HJY doing a good job alone doesn't mean anything, they need to compare XWZ and HJY so they can feel the happiness. Since XWZ and HJY had kinda the same starting point, and in the beginning, HJY seemed to be more in the spotlight, same starting point but their idol was doing better, they felt conceited. Then, HJY taking his break while XWZ surfaces, it must be devastating to HJY's fan, hence the bashing.

What irks me so much about HJY's fandom is that they feel they're doing the right thing, they have the right to do that no matter what and they're doing that for HJY's own good. There are always some rotten apples in the barrel, every fandom has its hooligans, but when the majority of a fandom acts that way, you know it's not something good. And there are many people want to  flamebait as well, with that aggressive mindset, no wonders HJY's fans lose their cool and do what they do best aka overreact.

But what ever they say, XWZ and HJY do share a bond here, they're together in their very important turning point in life ( I mean turning from nobody to somebody, not that "bending metal pipe" type of turning point, in case someone got confused), and they seem fine with their relationship, whatever that might be. Fandom wars only bring negative impact to them. 

• Like 14

3 hours ago, Tin Le said:

It's really good when reading in Vietnamese. It's just like the same style with VNemse translation from CJD's original work. It's at chapter 15 at this time. They release 3-4 chapters per week. I will try to do summaries for you, guys until someone doing a full translation. 8-10 chapters only on weekends to catch up with the writers.

Do you know Eng names for BLY's self-proclaimed girlfriend in book 2 and the man from GY(GH's older cousin, is his name correct?)'s company debuting in book 2. I think they will pop up here and there in future chapters.

Hahaaa i like how you say self proclaimed

Her name is Di Shuang and his name is Tong Zhe (if you're referring to the guy he poached from GY's company)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, liesl said:

My thought on JY's crazy fandom.

Hide contents

Johnny's cray cray only fans are just searching for excuses to hate ZZ. I still remember how they hate ZZ for his double eyelids and his love for metal music so it doesn't surprise me that much to see them creating another ridiculous excuses to hate ZZ.

They just want to hate. That's the main reason and there's no logic in it. Hating ZZ gives them a sense of self worth. I always believe that haters are just people who are insecure in their life. By hating, they can elevate themselves to be something more. That's why they can't stop. I bet that, even though they call themselves JY's only fans, they still pay attention to ZZ's career closely to find another reasons to hate him. Under disguise of "protecting" JY of course, when in reality they just want to regain some self worth in their insecure and pathetic life.

I pity ZZ to be the target of that kind of crazy, insecure people. And of course I pity Johnny as well to have that kind of crazy fandom.

Oh well, sadly there's no cure to this. Haters need to hate, after all. -_-

sorry but what do you mean by double eyelids ? I think ZZs eyes are really cute !why dose he have a lot of haters !

• Like 1

10 hours ago, eman1 said:

I need some spoilers , what happened after GH & BYL met for the first time after separation ! how did they express their emotions to each other ?

I searched a lot but cant find this part , there are many pages above 800 , I cant reach to what I want :tears:

Here's a brief summary of what happened. You can look for more in-depth spoilers/translations of the events from the first page of the forum here.

Just now, fingersandpaws said:

Summary of how GH and BLY got together again after eight years.

Reveal hidden contents

After their coincidental meeting at the Public Security Bureau building, BLY and GH met again in the washroom of a convention centre. BLY’s platoon was having a celebration banquet and next door GH’s company was having their annual dinner and dance. GH saw BLY in his air force uniform and questioned if he had joined the military because of him. BLY denied and both of them fought. GH flew to HK the next day to confront GY on why GY, his father and BLY’s parents had lied to him for eight years. GY told GH that BLY instructed him to tell GH that he was dead. However after 2 years, GY could not bear to see GH’s sufferings and told him that BLY had gone overseas instead.

How BLY and GH got back together:

BLY was tasked to head a research and development project which he needed to decide on which companies to collaborate with. GH’s company, HaiYin, was one of them. Both parties argued and made things difficult for each other. GH visited BLY’s dormitory and saw how hard BLY had led his life for the past eight years. BLY visited GH’s company and saw him being surrounded by pretty women.

WYJ’s mother had terminal cancer and she asked GH to fake an engagement with her in order to give her mother a peace of mind before she dies. GH rejected at first but agreed later when he learnt that BLY was dating a girl. Meanwhile BLY’s mother arranged a date with Li Shuang for BLY, who happened to be one of GH’s employees. BLY pretended to date her after seeing GH hugging (comforting a crying) WYJ.

On the day of the fake engagement, BLY didn’t turn up as he had volunteered to fight off a foreign plane that had illegally entered China’s airspace. BLY successfully bombed the foreign plane but had to parachute off his malfunctioned plane.  GWT was informed that BLY went missing in the mission. GH overheard it and rushed to join in the search and rescue mission. In the end GH found BLY in the middle of a wetland. They waited for three days but the rescue helicopters couldn’t spot them due to the fog. In the end they made their way out themselves.

Both BLY and GH ended their fake relationships but there was no confirmation from each other that they were an item again. BLY started to show up at GH’s company and followed GH to his home to have dinner together. GH was enjoying being wooed by BLY but he didn’t show it. BLY didn’t make it easy for GH either, he said he’s still a bachelor and came to GH’s company to look for suitable girls since there were so many there. He also refused to have dinner at GH’s place and walked into a restaurant where he acted like crazy person talking and interacting with an empty bowl and seat. GH dragged BLY out and brought him back home……

• Like 4