5 hours ago, Teng Zhu said:

Hi guys, does anyone read the Chinese  novel in Danmelia website? I'm trying to read the novel but it only show me up to 97 chapters. How do I proceed on to 98 chapter and above? I'm using my phone to read the novel online by the way. Any help is appreciated!!! 

It's the same when viewed on the phone. Those 1 - 97 章 are not the actual chapters. Each 章 contains several chapters. The separation between chapters is not clear, but it usually starts with  第一卷:___  followed by the chapter title. Like you, I was confused at first.

• Like 1

ZZ is musically talented. we all know that. but please remember that in his band he plays the guitar and not the lead vocals. the lead guitar. most of his video posts before were all instrumental (guitar) covers. he knows his singing is not awesome level. he can sing, yes, but what I think he should do is practice and find the right song range/key for his vocal type and the right genre. but I think regardless of the genre, if you sing it in your range then it's perfectly fine.

rock may not fit his vocals well because rock music tend to have high range/keys. some, if not most, of pop music tend to be the same but there are really good songs that does not need high range chorus or bridge.

and I remember one BTS where he was playing a guitar.. I think he was doing/composing the instrumental of one soundtrack for Shangyin. while plucking, he was singing the notes. do re mi fa so la ti... and not c, d, e, f,... I'm thinking he knows his music theory well. at least the basics of it. and his song writings are good, so far as to some I have read the translations. except IRYE.. it's just okay for me but it's something they have written along time ago so I understand that.

I am one of the people who thinks JY can sing well.. when he starts singing (low voice/range) there's a certain feel to it. his emotional side is also released towards singing. but he really needs to work on control when going high and the tempo. it's like he suddenly wants to end the song. lol

well, this is just my opinion based on a few of my experiences in music performing, writing, and exposure. no proper training though :sweatingbullets:

• Like 17

4 hours ago, icecoldorange said:

I disagree with this.

Simply put, China wants to police its citizens because it reinforces the government's authority. There is nothing hazardous about homosexual love. Homosexual love is not contagious and it does not wreak havoc on society so there is really no reason to ban it or forbid it. Those who have incentives to ban it are doing so not out of the interest of the public but rather out of their own selfish obsession with power and control.

China is already the topic of many Western political newscasts from the censorship of Tibet, to the usurpation of the South China Sea, to the horrific air and water pollution that affects us globally, to the housing bubble caused by massive income inequality, to the corruption of high ranking officials, to the abduction of both foreign and native journalists, and so much much more...Don't even get me started about the state Western China is in. (and surprise surprise, all of these topics are censored or "spun" in Chinese media)

Also consider the fact that China is the world's most populous country. Just logically speaking, bigger countries will have more social unrest since there will be more people. So instead of settling every single political/social situation that arises from a massive population, it is much easier just to wield the government's power and oppress everyone. That way, political and social unrest gets quashed before it has a chance of causing a disturbance and spread like wildfire. If any sort of political or social movement surfaced, then it signals to the people that the government is not all powerful and, therefore, is susceptible to social/political change and progress. Those high ranking officials cannot risk social and political change because it means that they lose some of, if not all, their power so they do everything they can to quiet any social/political movement before it gives the Chinese citizens the impression that any government is susceptible to change. This is why so many people, like BLY's dad in the series, are saying that China's ban on JY and ZZ is counter productive because it brings China's oppression onto a national lens and, worst yet, on a global scale. Instead of just letting Shangyin phase into obscurity, it is now being discussed constantly because of the nonsensical ban which highlights China's censorship on a global stage. Do you realized how many people China pissed off because of this? This is really bad PR for China.

But there is hope because:

1) if literature has ever taught us anything, it is that love always triumphs over hate and that good always beats evil.

2) if history has ever taught us anything, it is that social oppression has never been sustainable. 

Sorry to say, you don't really know about China. Western news is not always right, but biased. The South China Sea problem I understand, as each country has its own standing, but I have to say most Chinese citizens will diagree with you, not just the govenment. And since when did air and water pollution horrifically affect the globe? China has many problems, but none more so than some other countries, even the west.

Let's not demonize China and drag political issues into this discussin. Instead focus on the series and actors. The ban does make me angry and frustrated, but the actors are moving on with their life and new projects, and I hope in the not so distant future, all will be better.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, liesl said:

He kept making 6 with his hands throughout the photos. Just saying. :phew:

May I say that it's highly unusual for him to do that? It's not unusual if he only made it in 2 photos or something but he kept making it in ALL OF THE PHOTOS! ALL!! It's like a hidden message to someone. Hehehe... Now I'm waiting for ZZ to complete it by making a 2.

Let me live in my delulu land, people!

he's like telling ZZ: "baobei! we're doing our secret code. come and pose with your designated number." hahahaha delulu

10 hours ago, charlie10 said:

Seems there's also footage from rehearsing Happy Camp! I hope there's lots more of that. Because there's so much adorable. :)

Hide contents

look at that laugh he made after awkwardly hitting the lady! i love how they are so playful in HC.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, zhouboy said:

and I remember one BTS where he was playing a guitar.. I think he was doing/composing the instrumental of one soundtrack for Shangyin. while plucking, he was singing the notes. do re mi fa so la ti... and not c, d, e, f,... I'm thinking he knows his music theory well. at least the basics of it. and his song writings are good, so far as to some I have read the translations. except IRYE.. it's just okay for me but it's something they have written along time ago so I understand that.

Speaking of his solmization, ZZ really needs to learn more. He needs to especially practice his hearing. I can't watch the part when he was singing the notes, because he sang it wrong in some parts. And I was like... :crazy: Noo!!

• Like 3

I think I'm so late in this ZZ's vocal discussion but...

I actually like his vocal, though I only listen to Dust, Walk Slowly, and the rock song he sang at Thailand fanmeeting.

I agree his vocal does need more training, and he's not an excellent singer.

I personally very love his performance of the new song at the fanmeeting.

I very know he doesn't fit the rock genre, his gestures are very old as well lol 

But I appreciate that he embraces his hobby by releasing an album (probably maybe Enlight wants to milk his fame)

Well, to each his own, no? :)

+ I also think with proper training, JY can get many offer to sing. His voice is a very pleasant melody to my ears.

• Like 13

23 hours ago, guhai said:

C9K6OrM.gif Shout out to Johnny who, the moment he stops modeling, buys nothing but bags and bags of chips/crisps to eat... C9K6OrM.gif

DVWa14Y.png

Credit

I am sorta worried that JY went on a junk food binge to comfort his possible bout of depression... I dunno, as a model and athlete I imagine him eating healthy. On the other hand, so many upheavals happened to him lately, ZZ's away... All this would have felled a lesser mortal already. Stay strong, whale!!!

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, liesl said:

Speaking of his solmization, ZZ really needs to learn more. He needs to especially practice his hearing. I can't watch the part when he was singing the notes, because he sang it wrong in some parts. And I was like... :crazy:

then he needs to practice his ear in that kind of stage. hearing everything (music, and people) and yourself on stage, live, is kinda annoying.. and I think even international veterans feels the same way too. you noticed in live performances when the singers (of a band) will remove their ear monitors at some point? I think this is to have a better hearing of their own voice.

again, he's more used to playing guitars live than singing. but let's hope he'll get the tricks to this before his concert.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, thoron said:

Serious Question that i've longed to ask..

thinking-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949013thinking-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949013thinking-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949013

is BAOBEI a legit word?

or a mere variation of "baby".. or a coined term by fans?

..'coz i've been wrong with DELULU before.

You have no idea what one can learn from this thread. It's a very legit expression! xiǎobǎobèi: little darling (I am pestering my TW bf with it now lol)

• Like 18

4 minutes ago, kmmyzz said:

Wait, they aren't banned? I've heard their faces will be blurred but this... does this look like it's blurred?

I'm not sure ;-;

Quick, cross your fingers and toes, form a circle or anything and hope/wish/pray that their RFT2's episode is not blurred/cut!

And while we are at it, also hope/wish/pray for their HC's episode to air in one week or two!

• Like 15

2 minutes ago, kmmyzz said:

Here's the official trailer from Hunan's official weibo,

reuploaded on YT for those without weibo

(I have no idea why the sound is always out of sync with the video when it's uploaded to YT)

I don't have big hopes for this. Seeing that they're not invited to film another RFT2, I'm sure they won't get a lot of screen time even if they are really not blurred or censored.

I'm also 100% sure they won't be seen together in the same frame....

*sigh*

• Like 15

1 minute ago, liesl said:

I don't have big hopes for this. Seeing that they're not invited to film another RFT2, I'm sure they won't get a lot of screen time even if they are really not blurred or censored.

I'm also 100% sure they won't be seen together in the same frame....

*sigh*

Just realized they're like for 0.01sec in the trailer so yeah... no high hope on this. But I'll still watch the show, it looks even more interesting with upgraded hunters and all

• Like 11