Also, on Yesterday Once More movie's promo song, is it me or is the song a little weird? The first few lines felt like it was going fast then slow (at hǎo sì jiāo xiǎng 好似交響)? I thought on a very slim chance that it was ZhouZhou's singing but I couldn't sing it out "properly" myself.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, alvinboi said:

At first, I was super excited about this, thinking that it was the theme song of the upcoming movie 誰的青春沒有迷惘 Yesterday Once More. It was the song for promo video instead. :sweatingbullets: 

I saw a date at the end of Zhouzhou's MV, 22 April. That's today right? I thought it is the date for the movie to hit the cinemas. Is it?

Well, even if it is just for promoting the movie, I think this is still good because it gives ZZ some kind of public visibility and image beyond his album. The song is easy to listen too!

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, purpleedamame said:

This is not a rant. I agree with you totally :) Thanks for sharing.

Thanks:heart:  I just grew a bit tired of all this criticism. Of course I know that everybody means well and just wants to help:)

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, jdyz said:

Watching the Happy Camps fancams and gifs is fun AND heartbreaking at the same time. They're just too adorable and pure.

I don't sense the blatant fanservice from them unlike a few other "couples". They're just exceptionally comfortable around each other, and in JY case, he used to put up his guard against strangers so ZZ was usually his only attention at events and shows. I've read a detailed fan account for the Madame Figaro French/Chinese event, and without cameras in their faces, they were still very close and ZZ was the friendlier one, trying to hook JY into conversations with others, making him laugh and talk more comfortably.

Their intentional acts of holding hands etc. therefore aren't as endearing (not that I don't squeal at them) as a glance here, a subconscious smile there; or when one teases and the other gets shy, or the way they care for each other and seem to have their own body signals even without the "couple" label tagged on. They just enjoy each other's company and we enjoy them together. Why not, both of them are good-looking, and they're like kids fooling around in their own world most of the time. It's our childhood, youth and innocence we project on them.

I think that's why the ban hurts even more, they became martyrs for LGBT rights/artistic freedom against homophobic oppression and censorship, and I think it's unfair. They're not even LGBT activists nor making any political statement, when they met and acted last year, it was just a job, and they found a great friend in each other, and they playfully went along with the flow, being open-minded. But China is currently being on a censoring rampage, if even Apple and big stars have fallen under censorship, how can they, newbies and all, fight it? They may find independent successes, yes, the ban may be lifted, yes, they may meet again irl or even wishfully on stage, yes; but the scars are already cut, grown men stop being feely-touchy, sweet smiles become awkward handshakes, and even the closest friends drift apart; how much time left for these 20-something guys to be this close and this happy together?

It's devastating to accept that they may never interact like this again.

Sorry for bringing down the mood, I thought I wanted to see the 2 shows they filmed together as they are the last moments of them in unbridled joy, but now I don't think I can.

Why do you kill me with your words? 

I am thinking about This too And it makes me so sad and angry.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, gayyoxx said:

I saw a date at the end of Zhouzhou's MV, 22 April. That's today right? I thought it is the date for the movie to hit the cinemas. Is it?

Well, even if it is just for promoting the movie, I think this is still good because it gives ZZ some kind of public visibility and image beyond his album. The song is easy to listen too!

Yes, the movie is released today in China. But it's a promotional song and not in the movie. Still, it's good publicity and right now the song rises fast in the charts

• Like 10

41 minutes ago, jdyz said:

Watching the Happy Camps fancams and gifs is fun AND heartbreaking at the same time. They're just too adorable and pure.

I don't sense the blatant fanservice from them unlike a few other "couples". They're just exceptionally comfortable around each other, and in JY case, he used to put up his guard against strangers so ZZ was usually his only attention at events and shows. I've read a detailed fan account for the Madame Figaro French/Chinese event, and without cameras in their faces, they were still very close and ZZ was the friendlier one, trying to hook JY into conversations with others, making him laugh and talk more comfortably.

Their intentional acts of holding hands etc. therefore aren't as endearing (not that I don't squeal at them) as a glance here, a subconscious smile there; or when one teases and the other gets shy, or the way they care for each other and seem to have their own body signals even without the "couple" label tagged on. They just enjoy each other's company and we enjoy them together. Why not, both of them are good-looking, and they're like kids fooling around in their own world most of the time. It's our childhood, youth and innocence we project on them.

I think that's why the ban hurts even more, they became martyrs for LGBT rights/artistic freedom against homophobic oppression and censorship, and I think it's unfair. They're not even LGBT activists nor making any political statement, when they met and acted last year, it was just a job, and they found a great friend in each other, and they playfully went along with the flow, being open-minded. But China is currently being on a censoring rampage, if even Apple and big stars have fallen under censorship, how can they, newbies and all, fight it? They may find independent successes, yes, the ban may be lifted, yes, they may meet again irl or even wishfully on stage, yes; but the scars are already cut, grown men stop being feely-touchy, sweet smiles become awkward handshakes, and even the closest friends drift apart; how much time left for these 20-something guys to be this close and this happy together?

It's devastating to accept that they may never interact like this again.

Sorry for bringing down the mood, I thought I wanted to see the 2 shows they filmed together as they are the last moments of them in unbridled joy, but now I don't think I can.

Why do you kill me with your words? 

I am thinking about This too And it makes me so sad and angry.

1 hour ago, specialforce said:

:cry:

I can totally feel you, and others might too.. i think somehow it violates basic human rights coz they should be able to play, talk, work and hang around with anyone they want geezz.....

I just hope all of them will find a way to still being close and true to each other. ANYWAY.. If ZZ and JY destined to be together like a damn-too-cute-to-be-true soulmate/bromance, they'll eventually manage any hardship and when being apart.. will reunite somehow :)

yes i'm totally heartbroken for ZZYY like many of you also.. I'm still feeling the ache and hurt for them after watching them on the Thailand FM on youtube.. devastated..! it was as bombshell to everyone who waited so long for their moments (hoping to see their moments finally on stage in that FM) but reality was 'no ZZYY moments', not even on stage much together!!! AAaahh.. it really hurt bad when you're so addicted to them since 'heroin'...!! ... poor ZZYY!!! Too bad they're mainland Chinese and under the Chinese rules.. otherwise everything would be different for them.. !!  Hopefully they will keep./stay close with each other despite all the oppositions somehow.. thinking of them each day.. thankyou everyone for still bringing us news of our beautiful two.  No matter what, I will continue to support them - as couple/not, and this forum still brings me joy reading about them.. love all the fanfics etc also, thankyou very much for everyone's posts  and news on our ZZYY. Big hugs to you all..;)))xxx

• Like 5

1 hour ago, sonicwave said:

ZZ magazine interview excerpt traslation:

Interviewer: What's your bigger ambition, acting or music?ZZ: Acting. Because visuallly and auditorily I will be able to give the audience a more comprehensive and direct presentation. As a singer, I realize that I'm not a super talented one. Acting has more room for me to improve. Of course I'd like to do both, but I will not return to death metal rock, for it belongs to small group of people, and only a hobby of mine.

So for all this criticism, I think that ZZ accept his limits and doesn't pretend to be more. ....

Although ZZ played in the band in high school, he is not a professional singer, but an acting major.

I'd like to added few more things that I found it noticable from this interview 

1. ZZ stopped his 10-year Latin dance "career" after he realised no matter how much he tries he can't make further advancement, there is something you have to be born with and he's not. 

2. ZZ wants to study English better coz his English skill is not good right now. 

3. ZZ was not the singer in his band, he was the lead guitarist as well as the leader (He can play other intruments like bass, drum?! and piano?!, I'm not sure about drum and piano coz I haven't seen him playing those). So since young ZZ already never gave his singing skill high score.

4. ZZ's motto about scandals: "I DO NOT CARE". Rumors are created by useless and boring people anw. If I care about those rumors, isn't it giving them what they want?

In other interview, ZZ know his body's weakness, small frame and long limbs that are not ideal to wear suits. He decided to go gym in university time. 

So, ZZ knows his limit, he's willing to drop one path to move on to the other. 

He knows what fans think. He also knows what market demands. 

• Like 22

33 minutes ago, gayyoxx said:

Yea it is. The movie trailer also plays the song melody but without ZZ singing though.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, sonicwave said:

Yes, the movie is released today in China. But it's a promotional song and not in the movie. Still, it's good publicity and right now the song rises fast in the charts

Oh! That's good to hear. What charts are those? I checked pop.weibo.com and the song is not there yet.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sixte said:

Your post is splendid all along. But for the analysis of the "ban" part, I have a new view.

The series was banned from viewing the car accident episode, right ?

Remember Mrs Chai Jidan said the story was more or less inspired from real events. It reminded me of a Chinese movie I saw may be three years ago about a car accident implying gilded youths killing a poor man and fleeing away. And more recently, another scandal about a boy crashing his Ferrari in a Beijing hihway. And all these youg rich Party's children going to study in the US (this for a good part of the following episodes of the series, which precisely were "banned").

Imagine some of the families implied and alerted by the airing of the series, completely upset at the idea of beeing identified (by their best "friends" actually, as it comes in these spheres).

I see here the tangible reason for the "ban". But now we are very far from that, as the series has become (due to the ben) a world phenomenon.

I disagree with this.

Simply put, China wants to police its citizens because it reinforces the government's authority. There is nothing hazardous about homosexual love. Homosexual love is not contagious and it does not wreak havoc on society so there is really no reason to ban it or forbid it. Those who have incentives to ban it are doing so not out of the interest of the public but rather out of their own selfish obsession with power and control.

China is already the topic of many Western political newscasts from the censorship of Tibet, to the usurpation of the South China Sea, to the horrific air and water pollution that affects us globally, to the housing bubble caused by massive income inequality, to the corruption of high ranking officials, to the abduction of both foreign and native journalists, and so much much more...Don't even get me started about the state Western China is in. (and surprise surprise, all of these topics are censored or "spun" in Chinese media)

Also consider the fact that China is the world's most populous country. Just logically speaking, bigger countries will have more social unrest since there will be more people. So instead of settling every single political/social situation that arises from a massive population, it is much easier just to wield the government's power and oppress everyone. That way, political and social unrest gets quashed before it has a chance of causing a disturbance and spread like wildfire. If any sort of political or social movement surfaced, then it signals to the people that the government is not all powerful and, therefore, is susceptible to social/political change and progress. Those high ranking officials cannot risk social and political change because it means that they lose some of, if not all, their power so they do everything they can to quiet any social/political movement before it gives the Chinese citizens the impression that any government is susceptible to change. This is why so many people, like BLY's dad in the series, are saying that China's ban on JY and ZZ is counter productive because it brings China's oppression onto a national lens and, worst yet, on a global scale. Instead of just letting Shangyin phase into obscurity, it is now being discussed constantly because of the nonsensical ban which highlights China's censorship on a global stage. Do you realized how many people China pissed off because of this? This is really bad PR for China.

But there is hope because:

1) if literature has ever taught us anything, it is that love always triumphs over hate and that good always beats evil.

2) if history has ever taught us anything, it is that social oppression has never been sustainable. 

• Like 24

1 hour ago, sixte said:

Your post is splendid all along. But for the analysis of the "ban" part, I have a new view.

The series was banned from viewing the car accident episode, right ?

Remember Mrs Chai Jidan said the story was more or less inspired from real events. It reminded me of a Chinese movie I saw may be three years ago about a car accident implying gilded youths killing a poor man and fleeing away. And more recently, another scandal about a boy crashing his Ferrari in a Beijing hihway. And all these young rich Party's children going to study in the US (this for a good part of the following episodes of the series, which precisely were "banned").

Imagine some of the families implied and alerted by the airing of the series, completely upset at the idea of beeing identified (by their best "friends" actually, as it comes in these spheres).

I see here the tangible reason for the "ban". But now we are very far from that, as the series has become (due to the ban) a world phenomenon.

Ban occured in ep 12 includes first scene in bed. I think that some acting like kiss and intimate scene is problem. They all are man and not adult. Car accident did not exist in all airing episode in Youtube.

I understood 'the story was more or less iinspired from real' means 'CJD knew some gay couples did similiar things to GH and BYL'.

Ferrari scandal' boy is a son of Ling Jihua ( 令計劃  ).  He slipped his position in 2015. As I read in column, he and his people lost their power in chinese politics. The student you said, young rich party's children is a son of Bo Xilai. He slipped too in 2012 and in jail.

I think 2nd ban is unfair and painful and hope they get freedom to do many things they want. But, all SARFT's activities are not uncivilized. China have very very long history and their own idea and reasons. About LGBT's problem, my country is not good too.

We need to wait and see to understand these happenings.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, icecoldorange said:

I disagree with this.

Simply put, China wants to police its citizens because it reinforces the government's authority. There is nothing hazardous about homosexual love. Homosexual love is not contagious and it does not wreak havoc on society so there is really no reason to ban it or forbid it. Those who have incentives to ban it are doing so not out of the interest of the public but rather out of their own selfish obsession with power and control.

China is already the topic of many Western political newscasts from the censorship of Tibet, to the usurpation of the South China Sea, to the horrific air and water pollution that affects us globally, to the housing bubble caused by massive income inequality, to the corruption of high ranking officials, to the abduction of both foreign and native journalists, and so much much more...Don't even get me started about the state Western China is in. (and surprise surprise, all of these topics are censored or "spun" in Chinese media)

Also consider the fact that China is the world's most populous country. Just logically speaking, bigger countries will have more social unrest since there will be more people. So instead of settling every single political/social situation that arises from a massive population, it is much easier just to wield the government's power and oppress everyone. That way, political and social unrest gets quashed before it has a chance of causing a disturbance and spread like wildfire. If any sort of political or social movement surfaced, then it signals to the people that the government is not all powerful and, therefore, is susceptible to social/political change and progress. Those high ranking officials cannot risk social and political change because it means that they lose some of, if not all, their power so they do everything they can to quiet any social/political movement before it gives the Chinese citizens the impression that any government is susceptible to change. This is why so many people, like BLY's dad in the series, are saying that China's ban on JY and ZZ is counter productive because it brings China's oppression onto a national lens and, worst yet, on a global scale. Instead of just letting Shangyin phase into obscurity, it is now being discussed constantly because of the nonsensical ban which highlights China's censorship on a global stage. Do you realized how many people China pissed off because of this? This is really bad PR for China.

1) if literature has ever taught us anything, it is that love always triumphs over hate and that good always beats evil.

2) if history has ever taught us anything, it is that social oppression has never been sustainable. 

You're going too complicated, sorry I cannot follow. I am a simple mind. If you put it in two sentences, it would be digestible for my poor stomach.

Your 1) is nice, and remember : "Nature imitates Art".

But as for your 2). I do not see where you were studying History to tell such an optimistic view.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, icecoldorange said:

I disagree with this.

Spoiler

I'm not too sure about the "global scale" part but yes, well put and frankly, such political decisions for "social control" is not entirely unique to China either. BLY's dad's comment is truly very insightful. So's yours.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, charlie10 said:

It's so sad that ZZ can't be around anymore at such events, supporting each other like that. ZZ is the type of person who is really lovely to have around for anyone, but particularly if you're reserved like JY. It's freaking cruel to take that away from him! (Hopefully, ZZ can be there anyway, just less officially...)

I think eye bags and puffy eyes need to become perpetual in fashion now... I can totally relate to this. In real life I'm very detached and intimidating; I used to have this girlfriend who was so charming and would pull me into any talks with strangers during social events. It felt like a blissful juggling game where we'd just be a cheeky and mysterious couple that enjoyed pulling others' legs. Navigating social interactions had never been more effortless. Indeed, it's a blessing to have someone like that in your life. Reminds me of the fact that in a family the wife would be the one to take care of socialising with neighbors and stuff.  But I have to give JY more credit for his ability to actually handle his 'idol' image for fans alone during times of sorrow. 

1 hour ago, sonicwave said:

Interviewer: What's your bigger ambition, acting or music?ZZ: Acting. Because visuallly and auditorily I will be able to give the audience a more comprehensive and direct presentation. As a singer, I realize that I'm not a super talented one.

If this is true then I don't think there's any cause for concern. Just let nature take its course. I think ZZ knows what to do from now (or does he?). I think he has a gift with words; he may want to become a lyricist, or a writer of something cryptic or a satirical piece. He's multitalented artistically but this can also be his downfall. Since I enjoy the more clever and professional side to his personality, I hope he can properly develop one or a few of his artistic talents to the fullest. At the moment I can't appreciate him as an artist yet. Nothing is more painful than having a bunch of talents in many fields and ending up mediocre in all of them.

Edit: Oh darn, so many new names I don't recognize. Oh hi...

• Like 12

33 minutes ago, lovehaiyin said:

Hopefully they will keep./stay close with each other despite all the oppositions somehow.. thinking of them each day.. thankyou everyone for still bringing us news of our beautiful two.  No matter what, I will continue to support them - as couple/not, and this forum still brings me joy reading about them.. love all the fanfics etc also, thankyou very much for everyone's posts  and news on our ZZYY. Big hugs to you all..;)))xxx

@lovehaiyin i realized that i won't be any help for this forum.. since im not capable of being a detective:phew:..

so i'll just sit and CONSUME everything here :D love you all <3

25 minutes ago, shin01 said:

I can't get over this OPV :tears: The lyrics is so damn heartbreaking and really suits their situation

Thanks for making my night more miserable :'( @shin01

those drawings tho.. i love them :heart: someone should make a complete story of it hahaha...is that even legally posible (?)

• Like 2

17 hours ago, mama0731 said:

Really appreciate your hard work. Thank you so much for translating this. 

You're welcome ^_^

22 hours ago, hailouyin17 said:

Thank you for translating this chapter. My heart cried when I read about the first time GH and BLY saw each other. The feels that I have since JY and ZZ are being separated right now. I know that your work is devoted for YQ and YM, but will you be translating volume 2? I have not read any complete translation for volume 2 yet, well at least the beginning. This could be a wonderful thing that you can do. :) 

I want to finish translating YM and YQ's parts as soon as possible, while I still have the time. I'll consider it when I'm done with their story.

• Like 9