3 minutes ago, skeletonworks said:

thanks @alvinboi for the full translation!

YESSSS. I noticed this too. Johnny always have light pinkish tint on his cheeks especially during intimate scenes (not necessarily kissing scene). But Zhouzhou is waaaay more obvious. His ears would be SO RED LIKE BURNING ON FIRE!!!!

Let's see...

1. Jerking off scene during the Hepatitis B dilemma...
  2. Luoyin violating drunk Guhai...
  3. Car kissing scene???? But that's in the car right? Unless if bed scenes = intimate racy scene?

There's supposed to be a bed scene when GuHai's cousin leaves the house and he picks up BLY and ask him to call him "husband" before he puts BLY down. At least I believe in the novel there's a bed scene there. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jijiyoyoleo said:

@alvinboi you are the best!

Can you tell us why Gu Yang suddenly appear? 

Would you still translate the novel despite season 1 has ended?

I'll get to that part soon. :) 

Probably not. Novel translation is so tiring... How I wish I could get a hard copy of the novel.. (But then again, i'll have to hide the book... loll)

2 hours ago, samscheetah said:

I have some news for today, I translated from my country's fanpage for anyone hasn't known hehe:

1> The negotion to DVD sales is on going and still find no positivity between the investor and the ummm. The investor is trying to convince about the "soft core *I'm not sure if it translate it right, about the money, the budget* to make it possible to release official DVD and will give them to their fans asap. The DVD for the dramas is already finished and ready to be out.

2> The number of Foreign registration to weibo has been keeping flying up like  a rocket since the ban. Trying to get news from the investor, the clips of dramas affects the internet connection of main weibo page and investor's page. Videos about Addicted are still being deleted, while fans keep reup and share them .

3>Because of the growth of number of fans, social media now has an eye on that. Many meetings are made, and Taiwan meeting will be on March 31th. And social media from Taipei now take part in this topic, and so Chinese fans hope Addicted will be saved.

4> Actors from the dramas have to join the meetings, the shows, the interviews and even the fashion brands  :V especially Fans are trying to search and buy clothes and accessories that Johnny has worn in the dramas.

5> Season 2, as planned, will start recording on May 2016 with scripts and locations. Airtime schedule will be showed on next year :v, and the dramas will be on youtube *yayme*. During that time, they will update news and photos for fans.

Fun fact:

6> Johnny and Weizhou still keep their relationships :v Rumors or not, fangirls tried to search their old school time and they know that Johnny and Wizhou still don't have any girl friends, and this fact is confirmed by their friends. In spite of their good acting, Johnny still wants to stay in room with Weizhou to practice more, especially hard acts, and Weizhou spends time for training Johnny's speech voice.  And... they still sleep in one bed * errrgh huhmm*

That's all what I got.

p/s: Weizhou's nickname is Timmy or something?

THIS IS THE HAPPIEST POST I'VE READ HERE IN DAYSSSSSSSSSS!!!! ALL THE POSITIVE NEWS!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

1 hour ago, skeletonworks said:

Dear Heroin addicts!

I got a message from LT. She hopes everyone will cheer up upon hearing this good news :-)

1. CJD will be releasing the DVD in Taiwan because it's impossible to release in China.
  2. The production has approached the Taiwanese fanclub themselves!!!!!
  3. SEASON 2 IS DEFINITE!!!!!!! YESSSSS I GET TO SEE MY HUSBANDS!!!!!!

Everyone. REJOICE!!!!!!

Yet another piece of AWESOME news!!! REJOICE!!! CHEERS FOR TAIWAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 5

Hey, could someone tell me more about Chai Jidan? I only know that she's the author of Heroin and Counterattack. I've heard that she got her own company? Is it true? How could she get to be that far? Is it because of the novel sales?

Does someone have a picture of her? I'm curious of what she looks like.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, skeletonworks said:

thanks @alvinboi for the full translation!

YESSSS. I noticed this too. Johnny always have light pinkish tint on his cheeks especially during intimate scenes (not necessarily kissing scene). But Zhouzhou is waaaay more obvious. His ears would be SO RED LIKE BURNING ON FIRE!!!!

Let's see...

3. Car kissing scene???? But that's in the car right? Unless if bed scenes = intimate racy scene?

Well, it is very cold when they were filming. Plus, they barely wore any cloth in many scenes. Sometimes the blush and red ears are attributed to the cold. But yes, during intimate scene you could see Wei Zhou's heat on his ear :P

Would they count the kidnap scene as a bed scene?  Not much action but it is quite emotional.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, andrewth said:

There's supposed to be a bed scene when GuHai's cousin leaves the house and he picks up BLY and ask him to call him "husband" before he puts BLY down. At least I believe in the novel there's a bed scene there. 

18 minutes ago, skeletonworks said:

And also I read from the summary that @Leo456 wrote, in the novel there should be another j/o session after Yang Meng drama (eps. 13).

I think this is the smut in ch. 97 that @alvinboi might translate for us?

I am not sure about the series, though. After GH kissed BLY's bruise in his leg, he pounced BLY and I saw a bit cut and suddenly GH was breathing heavily. But no other evidence on cutted smut scene :P 

• Like 1

Guest skeletonworks

Thanks @alvinboi for taking time to do this ;)

BB: After filming ended, are there any changes in the relationship betweeen the two main leads? Are they still straight?
CJD: Their relationship are much better than that before filming started. They fool around whenever they meet. It's quite good. Straight or not, I really don't know. I don't know how to ask this.

I'm really curious too but somehow I still find this question annoying. Their sexual orientation will not suddenly change just because they acted as homosexual lovers in a series.... But still I also wants to find out. So conflicted! Sometimes I wish I had this mind reading power so I can read what's on Johnny's & Zhouzhou's mind... Till then... I'll just be delulu by myself...

BB: Second half of the novel involves many military personnel and army units, which will risk regulatory inspection. How will that be treated?
CJD: We might not be able to shoot till that part. If we do, we might change the identity designation.

So Luoyin will not become a pilot anymore? Then how? A lot of instances are related to his army designation... For instance, the real reason he joined the army... Guhai's proposal to him... Soldier uniform role play... My friend told me whenever he's upset with Guhai or something, Luoyin would fly his chopper somewhere. She said sometimes it's ridiculous like how he got that kind of power to simply take the chopper and just fly it! And yes Luoyin is always running away and Guhai will always have to coax him back.. Anyway, I have faith in CJD to remake the scene into something better, more meaningful, more realistic... I mean are you willing to spend so much money to buy light bulbs to recreate Guhai's proposal in the novel into the series? Hahaha. But that was a mind blowing proposal. No joke. If they were to remake the scene into something else, I hope it'd give a big impact that could move me just like in the novel...

2 minutes ago, skeletonworks said:

So Luoyin will not become a pilot anymore? Then how? A lot of instances are related to his army designation... For instance, the real reason he joined the army... Guhai's proposal to him... Soldier uniform role play... My friend told me whenever he's upset with Guhai or something, Luoyin would fly his chopper somewhere. She said sometimes it's ridiculous like how he got that kind of power to simply take the chopper and just fly it! And yes Luoyin is always running away and Guhai will always have to coax him back.. Anyway, I have faith in CJD to remake the scene into something better, more meaningful, more realistic... I mean are you willing to spend so much money to buy light bulbs to recreate Guhai's proposal in the novel into the series? Hahaha. But that was a mind blowing proposal. If they were to remake the scene into something else, I hope it'd give a big impact that could move me just like in the novel...

I didn't read the novel, unfortunately I can't speak Chinese, but this BLY always running away and GH has to chase him down is upsetting me a bit. Will the time come when BLY chases after GH and treasures their love? Like being jealous or whatever happens he does not want to give up on GH and dearly love him? I am getting mixed infos about this all the time. I understand that BLY has quite a difficult personalty, it is obvious from the beginning, however why running away all the time from the man you love? Drama, so much drama :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thoron said:

Confession : I have never read your fanfic @guhai. The reason being I'm super addicted to the original series,  i want to read the original novel in English first. And to get in another addiction is like introducing me to yet another drug. Im already an addict, now you want me to be alcoholic too? Hehe

But if your quote above is any indication, then i must say it is one helluva great read. Am very much willing to try it out. I bet everyone should. To keep us sane in the coming weeks when the long absence of the series will be felt. 

Speaking of translations,  @alvinboi your novel comparisons are such a treat! Never doubt yourself,  I would definitely read a translation from you. In fact, if ever you decide to do it, keep your annotations (the words in green), include them in the final product.  theyre so much fun. I imagine your translation would be filled with inserts like 

Gaaah This is soo cute. I'm gonna die."

Imagine that. It will be like reading it with a friend. 

Also, why no novel comparison from episode 1 to 4?

Making the novel comparison with some translated excerpt is one thing. Translating the whole novel is quite another. I think 300+ chapters are a bit too daunting for me. Besides the quantity, producing precise translation is quite tough too. Sigh...

*hide from missing novel comparisons 1 to 4*

• Like 5

Guest skeletonworks
20 minutes ago, gayyoxx said:

I am not sure about the series, though. After GH kissed BLY's bruise in his leg, he pounced BLY and I saw a bit cut and suddenly GH was breathing heavily. But no other evidence on cutted smut scene :P 

They must have done a good job in editing the cut scene this time? Because I didn't even notice it. I thought that he pounced on Luoyin and Luoyin immediately pushed him away... Oh my pure & innocent mind... Hahaha.. But I did notice Guhai trying to lick Luoyin's forearm or take a bite at it :w00t:

@ayasdai I can assure you he treasures Guhai as much as Guhai treasures him ;)

14 minutes ago, skeletonworks said:

I'm really curious too but somehow I still find this question annoying. Their sexual orientation will not suddenly change just because they acted as homosexual lovers in a series.... But still I also wants to find out. So conflicted! Sometimes I wish I had this mind reading power so I can read what's on Johnny's & Zhouzhou's mind... Till then... I'll just be delulu by myself...

It's an invasion of privacy by asking this question essentially. While we are all OK with homosexuality (hopefully this is a BL series people!) the mass majority of China still isn't. Johnny and Wei Zhou are actors and in the public eye, even if they are gay/bi/straight it's really no one business except for themselves and who they choose to share it with. 

Also thanks to @alvinboi! I couldn't even read some of the pics because they were so blurry. 

Always nice to wake up and read this thread while I'm still on public transport. Kills time and gives me my BL intake for the day hehe. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, samscheetah said:

.. In spite of their good acting, Johnny still wants to stay in room with Weizhou to practice more, especially hard acts, and Weizhou spends time for training Johnny's speech voice.  And... they still sleep in one bed * errrgh huhmm*

See. I told you. It's the BED. Thats the secret to their effective acting. They've had practice! Lots of it >wink.wink<

• Like 7

Guest skeletonworks

*looks at the clock. 0130. shocked. horrified* One more thing before I head to bed.

Some of what Guhai said to Luoyin during the car scene. "You're mine... You cannot betray me.." This is what my friend summarised for me while we watched this scene during lunch :phew: But the video hang, so maybe there's more to it. Can you help out @lalatelev because I'm dying to know what they talked about after looking all hot and sweaty :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, lalatelev said:

Anyone knows how to get the signed posters/merchandise?

i thought it's usually through buying the DVD. There's nowhere else I think unless you go to the fanmeeting...

2 hours ago, lancei said:

As I expected. Banning a series will create a huge surge of interest. People are attracted to controversial, forbidden stuff. Hell, it could be the start of something.....magical. When the series make it into history, does it make us the original supporter *slap myself to snap out of it*

I repeat. 

"What's an Addiction without Prohibition.

What an interesting coincidence Right?! Like normal drug addicts pursued by the police, our beloved "drug" is taken away from us.  Only for us to want it even more.

We cant help it, we're Addicted. :)"

So it seems the Chinese Govt, thru banning the series has paved the way for it to go INTERNATIONAL. 

Who knew they were on our side all this time. :)

I hope more and more people translate it to diff languages so as to spread the addiction more..

• Like 4

9 hours ago, guhai said:

Hi all, this is slightly off topic but I have a few questions. I'm asking because as an author of original BL (I don't just write fanfics), I have a dream to one day produce my own series in China (of course with a translated English-to-Mandarin version of my novel/script). A few months ago, I obtained two internships with film companies in Beijing but had to decline them due to separate plans. The recent ban on controversial material like BL-related content is sad but hasn't completely discouraged me from wanting to produce a BL series in Beijing. The decision to produce and air in Beijing is due to their bigger, more accepting fanbase in comparison to other Asian countries (I don't plan on producing in America as my stories have Asian characters and Asian content isn't as widely accepted there). That being said, as I'm an American currently living in Japan and have yet to travel to China (likely this year), I'm rather clueless about the process one has to go through to get their original BL novel/work produced into an aired series.

1. Does anyone know the basic steps CJD had to go through to first get Counterattack produced, as it was her first novel-to-series? As in, who did she first have to contact (companies, specific people, etc)? Does it have to go through some form of approval process? How was it that she found funding? At what point in the process did she audition actors? How did she advertise the auditions/find actors? Any answers to any of these would be greatly appreciated.

2. I'm assuming CJD didn't just go and find her own director/film crew so how did that happen?

3. Is anyone here a film student that would be able to help me better understand the film industry/production process via a private conversation? I'm studying Entertainment Business so my knowledge of film is rather limited. I do, however, have a background in videography (short videos, video editing, etc.) that got me the internships at the Beijing film companies.

On another note

1. Is anyone here familiar with the acting process in China? I'm referring to how the actors are notified of these series that are looking for certain roles to be filled. Is it easy to find (i.e. on Weibo)? For Counterattack, I know Dachi said he "found the series" and asked Dayu to audition with him. How did he "find the series"? How did Jingyu? Weizhou? I'm assuming the actress for Lulu got dragged along by Jingyu, but that's different. I do acting as well and would appreciate some clarification on this for future reference.

Thank you so much if someone decides to take the time to help me out ^_^

I guess a little late but anyway, I actually produced some stuff back in my homeland (I'm moving to Beijing), send me a message and I will help you with what I can, and tell you some stuff about acting in China.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, skeletonworks said:

*looks at the clock. 0130. shocked. horrified* One more thing before I head to bed.

Some of what Guhai said to Luoyin during the car scene. "You're mine... You cannot betray me.." This is what my friend summarised for me while we watched this scene during lunch :phew: But the video hang, so maybe there's more to it. Can you help out @lalatelev because I'm dying to know what they talked about after looking all hot and sweaty :rolleyes:

i thought it's usually through buying the DVD. There's nowhere else I think unless you go to the fanmeeting...

Ah ok..thanks! Don't think I'll get a chance to buy it unfortunately :'(

Anyway, after they got sweaty (lol), GH said to LY:

You are mine, and I can accommodate and give way to you without any limits, along with satisfying all of your requests. But there is one thing - if you do anything to let me down (alluding to cheating on him etc. I think), I would not hesitate. When I, GH, get angry/vengeful etc., it will be more than enough to let you worry for the rest of your life.

There's a few phrases which I'm not very sure how it will translate to English, but that should be the general meaning of what he's saying!

• Like 8

Guest skeletonworks
5 minutes ago, lalatelev said:

Ah ok..thanks! Don't think I'll get a chance to buy it unfortunately :'(

Anyway, after they got sweaty (lol), GH said to LY:

You are mine, and I can accommodate and give way to you without any limits, along with satisfying all of your requests. But there is one thing - if you do anything to let me down (alluding to cheating on him etc. I think), I would not hesitate. When I, GH, get angry/vengeful etc., it will be more than enough to let you worry for the rest of your life.

There's a few phrases which I'm not very sure how it will translate to English, but that should be the general meaning of what he's saying!

Ahhhh.... that line creeps me out.... it's like a bad omen... a cue to the 2nd kidnapping...

Thanks for translating!!!!

2 hours ago, skeletonworks said:

Thank you!!! Actually before Heroin was aired someone created a channel for Heroin on Viki but I thought this channel didn't materialise because it was so quiet after that. The original poster didn't come back here to promote the channel. I didn't know they're actually quite active. Actually I prefer Viki because if everyone helps out on Viki (focus on one channel only like Kdrama), subs will get out faster because more people are contributing and others can proofread, improve grammatical errors, make the sentence more fluid. It's just an amazing piece of app. I'm hoping to make something similar with the novel so that those who can understand Chinese can help out translating the novel when they're free...

Thanks Skeletonworks for all your hardwork in bringing this community together too!

I was planning to help, but I didn't know any better app to do the subs other than viki.

So I must say, it was quite fun.

I finally finished subbing Ep 15! Hope you guys enjoy it. I was typing between work discreetly so there might be some grammatical mistakes here and there. 

• Like 8