In all honesty, I don't understand why the actors are being hated on by authorities when it should be the production house and author if anyone at all. The boys were doing their job, same as everyone else. So what if it portrays something that isn't considered 'normal' (by governmental standards). If they were so against it, why was the production company given filming rights in the first place...

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, IMOmusings said:

In all honesty, I don't understand why the actors are being hated on by authorities when it should be the production house and author if anyone at all. The boys were doing their job, same as everyone else. So what if it portrays something that isn't considered 'normal' (by governmental standards). If they were so against it, why was the production company given filming rights in the first place...

Because it is the actors who have become symbols and gained so much attention, love, loyalty and respect. JY and ZZ individually have become a strong cultural figure, affecting millions of people starting from teenagers to Andy Lau. Together, their power multiply manifold.

That is what the Chinese government is afraid of, imho. This "second ban" has nothing to do with Addicted, homosexuality or anything else but curbing the growth of a pair of wild, uncontrollable and unprecedented cultural figures.

• Like 14

11 minutes ago, gayyoxx said:

Because it is the actors who have become symbols and gained so much attention, love, loyalty and respect. JY and ZZ individually have become a strong cultural figure, affecting millions of people starting from teenagers to Andy Lau. Together, their power multiply manifold.

That is what the Chinese government is afraid of, imho. This "second ban" has nothing to do with Addicted, homosexuality or anything else but curbing the growth of a pair of wild, uncontrollable and unprecedented cultural figures.

I'm not sure if I'm remembering correctly something that I read a couple of days ago...but weren't the government starting a campaign of acceptance...or was it the total opposite?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nedaaa said:

should i sleep ?or stay up? i didn't sleep last night

Perhaps I could share the video of the live stream after it's done airing. So you could sleep lol, and be prepared for a fabulous sugar overload morning XD and of course a flood of spam on this thread. By me. XD

• Like 10

1 hour ago, QueenAlysanne said:

Yes, perhaps you are both right. I'm still a newcomer when it comes to Tumblr so I guess I'm just gullible on there. I will try not let these ramblings get the best of me next time. But even if there isn't any 2nd season I'm still fine with it. I like the novel(s).

Seeing as how everything these days is getting adapted into a series or film and people becoming really upset about recently (e.g. Ghost in the Shell Live-Action movie controversy), I actually don't mind if someone richard simmons up a live-action because at least the original source material still exist.

those are old news. come here (soompi forum) more often. the news are up-to-date and you'll get feels you didn't know you had. ahahaha here's a cookie :cookie:

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, ximichem said:

Perhaps I could share the video of the live stream after it's done airing. So you could sleep lol, and be prepared for a fabulous sugar overload morning XD and of course a flood of spam on this thread. By me. XD

I am planning to wait for ZZ to land -in 30 minutes, right?- and see JY pick him up at the airport. Then I'll go to sleep. So, I am counting on your spam and shared video, @ximichem! Thank youu~~~

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, ximichem said:

i think it's better that i stay awake.bcuz if i go to sleep god knows when i'll wake up.actually it's 7:57 AM now .thanks for ur spam .i love ur spam

• Like 6

Some thoughts...

We must remember that once one becomes an entertainer, you are a public figure. And your so-called life is placed in the hands of all the PR and management companies. How you potray yourself, your likes, dislikes, down to clothes you wear are all being carefully cultivated. So I always take things with a pinch of salt...becos behind each of them is a whole big machinery of public relations at work. 

Now I am waiting for the FM...to see how they interact with each other. After all, eyes do not lie...it is probably the only thing that speaks the truth... 

Thanks to all who so diligently update us. 

• Like 8

5 hours ago, aeislaeigh said:

Video of Timmy while Johnny was receiving his award...

Credit:  老子不起名字了428

http://www.miaopai.com/show/ObrTu790fjrXihdKDX4kbA__.htm

Timmy's reaction after Johnny sang and after Johnny said, "Thank you everyone for coming to my concert!"

Spoiler

xT1XGOICyF2QixyU5G.gif

I love how funny ZZ always thinks JY is! Just remember how he also laughed heartily at that gf-skit thingy. I can't help but think of how important sharing a sense of humour is, for a friendship/relationship/uncontrollable lust.. to become strong. At least it is in my world. People who laugh together, stay together. (Did I make that saying up myself? That IS a saying, right? Heh.) 

Then again, if you're infatuated with someone, you think everything they say is wonderful/funny/wise/important. So yeah, either way, it's good news. :)

What an exciting weekend this will be for this fandom! I can't wait. 

• Like 18

11 minutes ago, ximichem said:

I just woke up, gosh ximichem you have been spamming way too much!!! 

I can imagine what a hectic page it would be when ZZ arrived, press conference and the FM itself!!!!

please continue!

not many of us here have the access to all the newest stuff. Thanks for everyone that keep us updated. And thank you especially for that 1min vids of whale feet, that's not my favorite photoshoot since he looks like a stick there, so thin. But I can see feet!!!

You and @aeislaeigh always spam good! Love and lots of cookies!:cookie::cookie::cookie:

• Like 13

5 minutes ago, gayyoxx said:

I am planning to wait for ZZ to land -in 30 minutes, right?- and see JY pick him up at the airport. Then I'll go to sleep. So, I am counting on your spam and shared video, @ximichem! Thank youu~~~

10:45 UTC+07 is landing time

005HbghVjw1f2ydldnmkcj30qo1beqdi.jpg

Cr:  @鲸鱼手记

Hah! Many are counting on me XD btw my wifi just got disconected for about 1min and I freaked out to death *goodlord*

• Like 16

11 minutes ago, ximichem said:

Hah! Many are counting on me XD btw my wifi just got disconected for about 1min and I freaked out to death *goodlord*

To add more pressure, I'm counting on you too :P 
Need to go out later for an event until evening. Will be missing the live press conference later. 

• Like 6