im not so sure if the youtube channel just also source their addicted videos out from the Chinese webs like qq, souku at al...
so if there is nothing to upload by chinese webs where would youtube extract the remaining episodes from?

does CJD productions have this official partnership with YT? 

would the official YT channel now  initially upload the remaining episodes?

im panicking!

• Like 1

Youtube is blocked in China, right? AFAIK, Youtube only agrees to take down videos in order to secure their access to a particular country. Since China already blocked Youtube, I don't think Youtube will comply to whatever pressure the Chinese govt make (if they make one on this case). CMIIW on this, though.

I, however, am concerned whether the producers will upload the remaining three episodes (thus further antagonising the govt), not to mention producing the DVDs and season 2. 

• Like 3

Guest skeletonworks
43 minutes ago, guhai said:

Oh for crying out loud...I thought "banning" just meant banning it from airing in the form of a web series. I feel like we'll end up getting the last 3 episodes via YouTube, but if it's banned then...unless they're flying over to Taiwan or Hong Kong to film, I don't think we're getting anything more than that.

This is just what I fear. They might just ban the season 1 series but allow production of season 2 with tighter censorship? *shrugs* TBH, I don't see the logic here. LOL.

4 minutes ago, alvinboi said:

I'm waiting to see how powerful the regulator is. Could anyone shed light on YouTube operations in China?

Edit: I'm banking on YouTube not to have them taken down. I mean those videos have already passed the automated YouTube verifications, i.e. they are approved by the system to be uploaded, right?

They can call for the videos on Youtube to be taken down under Chinese "law regulations," - if they don't take the videos down on request, like any form of social media that don't  fall under what considered "right conduct" by the government; the Chinese government will then block Youtube from being accessible. 

• Like 1

Guest skeletonworks
2 minutes ago, le3jong said:

They can call for the videos on Youtube to be taken down under Chinese "law regulations," - if they don't take the videos down on request, like any form of social media that don't  fall under what considered "right conduct" by the government; the Chinese government will then block Youtube from being accessible. 

But it's already been inaccessible right? What else to block? lol. Block the internet la... Easy... No need to block this block that cut this cut that. Just cut off every means of access to the real world... LOL...

8 minutes ago, alvinboi said:

I'm waiting to see how powerful the regulator is. Could anyone shed light on YouTube operations in China?

Edit: I'm banking on YouTube not to have them taken down. I mean those videos have already passed the automated YouTube verifications, i.e. they are approved by the system to be uploaded, right?

YouTube is blocked in China, right? Do they actually have the right to take down videos that their own citizens can't (well, legally) watch? IMO unless the production team take them down themselves, it will not be forcefully taken down. Now I'm just hoping that they will not report the subbed videos in youtube as well. That way we'll still have the vids uploaded by other Youtube channels...

• Like 2

This web series, no matter how much i am addicted, helps keep me sane and "balanced" in life. From the toxic work schedule and tasks, to the tasks at home as well... Heroin helped me look forward to something good and rewarding!!!! And now this?!?!! Im gonna go insane!!!! Coz this MIGHT mean nothing to look forward to anymore.

• Like 2

I just sit here starring at my laptop with my mouth hanging open. This news still hasn't sunk completely into my mind. I'm in shock.... Like how could they-- :cold_sweat: To think that just a few hours ago, I was still happily squealing over this series

• Like 3

1 minute ago, le3jong said:

But they already blocked youtube......I mean if they can't accept this series, I don't think they will be able to accept many contents in youtube

4 minutes ago, skeletonworks said:

This is just what I fear. They might just ban the season 1 series but allow production of season 2 with tighter censorship? *shrugs* TBH, I don't see the logic here. LOL.

Or CJD can sell her copyright of the series to whomever interested to re-produce. Hopefully same cast...But it is a long shot :(

• Like 2

Re: [2016] Addicted (aka Heroin) Web Series 上瘾网络剧

What a sad news, but CJD said they will start budgeting and finding for sponsors in March for Addicted S2 before this, let's hope their plan would not be affected. =(

from gingercake

this is the end of me............................

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, h2j0404 said:

YouTube is blocked in China, right? Do they actually have the right to take down videos that their own citizens can't (well, legally) watch? IMO unless the production team take them down themselves, it will not be forcefully taken down. Now I'm just hoping that they will not report the subbed videos in youtube as well. That way we'll still have the vids uploaded by other Youtube channels...

Yes they do have the right, because they gave that right to themselves. 

7 minutes ago, lancei said:

But they already blocked youtube......I mean if they can't accept this series, I don't think they will be able to accept many contents many contents in youtube

Youtube is blocked to the Chinese public not the officials or system moderators. What usually happens is that the moderators spam the "leaked" videos which forces the system to delete the content.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, le3jong said:

Yes they do have the right, because they gave that right to themselves. 

Youtube is blocked to the Chinese public not the officials or system moderators. What usually happens is that the moderators spam the "leaked" videos which forces the system to delete the content.

Wow, that's so effed up... :blink:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, alvinboi said:

Worst case scenario: Terminate uploads of all future episodes of Season 1 and remove all past episodes.

I can only hope that they make DVD release to the public in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan.. Just anywhere please. Gosh.

do think they'll release it somewhere. I can't imagine CJD letting all her work go to waste like that. Correct me if I'm wrong, but she is, at heart, a BL fangirl as well. We all like to share (so we can go ballistic over everything together). I mean, I feel like that's why she shares all those teasing BTS videos. Not just for promotion but for us as well.

• Like 6

Guest skeletonworks
1 minute ago, alvinboi said:

Worst case scenario: Terminate uploads of all future episodes of Season 1 and remove all past episodes.

I can only hope that they make DVD release to the public in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan.. Just anywhere please. Gosh.

They'd release it online just like Counter Attack... but I don't know how this will affect the selling of the DVD.. Will the government ban it as well? This is nightmare.... NIGHTMARE!!!! 

Counter Attack videos were also taken down... smh.. But Counter Attack I can understand a bit because it contains more smuts than Heroin.. But just because Heroin is more popular and more recognised, they started to take action and eventually got ban :( 

2 minutes ago, guhai said:

do think they'll release it somewhere. I can't imagine CJD letting all her work go to waste like that. Correct me if I'm wrong, but she is, at heart, a BL fangirl as well. We all like to share (so we can go ballistic over everything together).

Urgh. Even DVD release is bad. It's such a hustle to get packages from overseas.

I'm sure she will want to release it too. It's a matter of time and investors sentiments.

• Like 2

Guest skeletonworks
4 minutes ago, guhai said:

do think they'll release it somewhere. I can't imagine CJD letting all her work go to waste like that. Correct me if I'm wrong, but she is, at heart, a BL fangirl as well. We all like to share (so we can go ballistic over everything together). I mean, I feel like that's why she shares all those teasing BTS videos. Not just for promotion but for us as well.

Haha. Typical of BL fans XD There's some truth in that as well.. But I wonder if they dare to go against the government and produce the 2nd season? My advice to her is to find some sponsors in Hong Kong or Taiwan.... produce there, sell dvd from there, live there and enjoy the freedom... lol