15 minutes ago, skeletonworks said:

My friend said they used to do the same thing to some other series and after the inspection if it's innocent, they allow them to air. Otherwise no. Ban. Period. And Heroin, you see, is not so innocent.... 3 more episodes only.... Like wth... Really infuriated by the news >:(

Wth! What's there to inspect in the past 12 episodes??? Those that 'should' be cut are already cutttt.. Whatttt

• Like 2

Guest lainavi3
48 minutes ago, skeletonworks said:

Heard a rumour about Heroin getting ban. Well actually I saw LT updates her wattpad with an image. Then I asked my friend what is it all about because LT didn't translate anything. The title says Heroin is gonna be banned and there's a poem saying goodbye to the series. So my friend went to check out Baidu (some Chinese forum) and it seems true but also sounds dodgy as well. So let's all pray this turn out to be untrue. I'll be so devastated if they banned the series because I'm so invested in this series!!! Very addicted already!!!

Edit: My friend said it's real. Smh. 

Whaaaaat??!!!!! The richard simmons!!!! Really????!!!! What in richard simmons hell!!!!! They would just ban a show just like that?!!! Oh god what would happen to us????? richard simmons!

5 minutes ago, alvinboi said:

Wth! What's there to inspect in the past 12 episodes??? Those that 'should' be cut are already cutttt.. Whatttt

I mean with all the editing, the series could totally pass for 2 "close" friends helping each other through high school. Right??

Oh damn, they forgot to cut out a few kissing scene from the Opening and closing OST......................Sh!t...

• Like 1

some one from other country should contact chai jidan and produce in other language where there is no ban.I really hope it is taken over by some other country since i never know other languages than english...... its already super hit..i wish they have sponsers who are willing to make the series....Seriously china banning rules are too much...As if their country people cant watch from other sites about other LGBT movies...Inspection??? Seriously....????im going crazy...

• Like 1

Guest lainavi3

Can someone please enlighten me if love scenes between heterosexual couples are also banned in China?? I mean is it just homosexual content or any "sexual" content.....??!  I'm seriously going crazy with indignation here!! 

So, does anyone know how long these inspections take? There can't be thousands of explicit BL content coming out of China for them to check |:

Also, how do Chinese companies even access YouTube to upload things? I know people use VPNs but does the government not check on these companies? It's one thing not to check on their billions of citizens, but wouldn't they be more crazy-vigilant with these broadcasting companies? Unless I'm confused, and they can't control what goes up on American websites...

@lainavi3 Thank you, by the way, despite the current situation. Unless all of this is figured out soon, I doubt I'll have the motivation to write. Either that, or I'll be so deprived that I'll write my own fantasies :tears:

Edit: Has anyone bothered to download all the raws of the aired episodes?

• Like 1

All these channels except YouTube have taken down their EPISODE videos. I guess it is a matter of time that those on YouTube are removed as well. ==

YouTube Addicted Official Channel YouTube China Huace/ Investor's Channel | 爱奇艺 iQiyi  |  腾讯视频 QQ  | 搜狐 Sohu  |  56  |  B站 Bilibili

Edit: Added Addicted official YouTube channel.

• Like 1

Guest skeletonworks
13 minutes ago, lainavi3 said:

Can someone please enlighten me if love scenes between heterosexual couples are also banned in China?? I mean is it just homosexual content or any "sexual" content.....??!  I'm seriously going crazy with indignation here!! 

Ok so this is funny.. My friend said apparently there was one heterosexual drama where ALL the kissing scenes were cut. LOL. Those people watched 50 episodes something, waited and waited until the end no kissing at all hahahahahahaha I rest my case mates... 

Edit: But it's not ban... But I heard they did ban "Go Princess Go" but then allow it to be aired again?

I doubt if the kissing scenes caused the inspection, awhile ago someone shared an IG of what supposed to be uncut ep 12, 3 pix, the middle is some hand smeared in semen, it is obviously not true, but if i am a regulator i would raise my flags.... in other words, a stupid prank might cost the series.. again it is still inspection, until there is no official statement i betting my hopes high :)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, lainavi3 said:

No - I cannot see any evidence of such ban on the other shows that are airing at the moment. Crazy thing

5 minutes ago, guhai said:

So, does anyone know how long these inspections take? There can't be thousands of explicit BL content coming out of China for them to check |:

Also, how do Chinese companies even access YouTube to upload things? I know people use VPNs but does the government not check on these companies? It's one thing not to check on their billions of citizens, but wouldn't they be more crazy-vigilant with these broadcasting companies? Unless I'm confused, and they can't control what goes up on American websites...

I have been waiting for 4 years for one drama to air, 2 years for the other.... There is no guarantee when it comes to these kinds of things.

• Like 3

Guest skeletonworks
4 minutes ago, alvinboi said:

All these channels except YouTube have taken down their EPISODE videos. I guess it is a matter of time that those on YouTube are removed as well. ==

爱奇艺 iQiyi  |  腾讯视频 QQ  | YouTube 搜狐 Sohu  |  56  |  B站 Bilibili

Do they have power on Youtube as well???!! I thought it will only be taken down if it contents copyright infringement or something. I mean China Huace is their investor right? They have the right to uploaded whatever they want on youtube isn't it? And their official channel too?

30 minutes ago, alvinboi said:

maybe they have found the uncut scenes of ep 11 or they have found out the kissing/making out from the excerpts of the trailers and all that, but i am not sure how strict the chinese regulations when it comes to media matters, movies/tv... did addicted violate any of the rules? did they go beyond that? i dont think so... no skin below the waist was exposed, those kissing were just almost smacks, there's no tongue in kissing (i hope there was lol) not suitable language eh? lol... the story was light no heavy drama either... im so devastatedly confused!

or it has something to do with homosexuality that offends the chinese regulatory board...

i wonder how gay is gay could be in china?

• Like 2

Guest lainavi3
1 minute ago, skeletonworks said:

Ok so this is funny.. My friend said apparently there was one heterosexual drama where ALL the kissing scenes were cut. LOL. Those people watched 50 episodes something end up with no kissing at all hahahahahahaha I rest my case mates... 

What??!!!! Are they for real?!!!!! I'll go bang my head on the wall right now!!!!:crazy: :crazy:

2 minutes ago, skeletonworks said:

Ok so this is funny.. My friend said apparently there was one heterosexual drama where ALL the kissing scenes were cut. LOL. Those people watched 50 episodes something, waited and waited until the end no kissing at all hahahahahahaha I rest my case mates... 

What's funnier is that I got 2 internships with broadcasting/film companies in Beijing (right before the new regulation) because I wanted to produce BL in China one day.

...Good thing I declined.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DanA said:

I doubt if the kissing scenes caused the inspection, awhile ago someone shared an IG of what supposed to be uncut ep 12, 3 pix, the middle is some hand smeared in semen, it is obviously not true, but if i am a regulator i would raise my flags.... in other words, a stupid prank might cost the series.. again it is still inspection, until there is no official statement i betting my hopes high :)

Yeah that is what I thought as well. Joke's gone too far.

I doubt they will take the episode off Youtube.......at least I hope they won't.

• Like 2

Guest skeletonworks
9 minutes ago, guhai said:

Edit: Has anyone bothered to download all the raws of the aired episodes?

OK me! Hahahaha. Because I make gifs so I downloaded the high res one :D

5 minutes ago, skeletonworks said:

Do they have power on Youtube as well???!! I thought it will only be taken down if it contents copyright infringement or something. I mean China Huace is their investor right? They have the right to uploaded whatever they want on youtube isn't it? And their official channel too?

I'm waiting to see how powerful the regulator is. Could anyone shed light on YouTube operations in China?

Edit: I'm banking on YouTube not to have them taken down. I mean those videos have already passed the automated YouTube verifications, i.e. they are approved by the system to be uploaded, right?

• Like 3

Just now, skeletonworks said:

OK me! Hahahaha. Because I make gifs so I downloaded the high res one :D

You're (going to be/hopefully won't have to be) a life-saver! I was panicking trying to download all the high resolution ones as fast as possible in case they take those down too :tears:

• Like 2

Guest skeletonworks
9 minutes ago, lainavi3 said:

What??!!!! Are they for real?!!!!! I'll go bang my head on the wall right now!!!!:crazy: :crazy:

And that was circa 2014/15 something. Lol.