Quantcast
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Thank you.

Yep. if season 2 really will be coming 10 months from now, it's crazy, i'll be crazy.

Sometime waiting is wasting and sucks, though what we're waiting for is pretty worth it, still.

I wish season 2 will come on middle of 2016, and season 3 on end of 2016.

Hahaha, maybe it's impossible for the production team, forgive me mr.producer, I'm too selfish, hahahaha :D

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jijiyoyoleo said:

 

Heheheh....Richard simmons...oh I remember the old days in this forum.

Moderator change the cursing words to richard simmons. So when you type that "kind" of words and click post, your cursing words automatically change to richard simmons. Funny, right? ^^

 

Oh i see. So is it an automatic thing? Like if i type richard simmons or richard simmons or other offensive words it will revert to that. 

Because for a second there, after rereading @leo456 spoilers i thought that Gu Hai named his balls richard simmons. (and there's a backstory to it.)

If so,  then my desire to get to know richard simmons intensified. Lol

*****

Oh wait. Hey there fanfic authors. See, there's my suggestion, a story to keep us sober while waiting for season 2.

A retelling of season 1 from  the perspective of GuHai's bOlls aka Richard Simmons. 

Edit: i get it now. See above. I tried typing stuff. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, andrewth said:

This is also my first Chinese BL, I typically get bored of watching it because it just doesn't interest me but this one, this one has me hooked

 

Yep, i'm really hooked, and addicted. I want more than 15 episodes for season 1 :(

I watched another Chinese BL (after watching Heroin week ago) Counter Attack and Be Here for You, and the characters were pretty disturbing, but i find Heroin is on different level, alhough this series maybe is all casts' first drama/acting ever. They're already do it really good.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*standing, and facing the support group*

Hi, all, my name is Gayyoxx. *wave hand to the room* 

I have a confession to make: I am addicted to HaiYin for these couple of days and could not survive one day without a mixture of GH's smirk and BLY's pouty face. 

I don't know what got into me... I usually dislike BL movies or drama, but yet... I am addicted to this one! *cry*

I can't imagine living after season 1 has completed. Please, someone, help me! 

*sit down and sob uncontrollably* 

---

Seriously, though, this is the first BL series that I ship so hard. I even found soompi when googling on HaiYin! XD

Thanks to all who have translated/spoiled the series and the novel! Please continue to do so!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On February 21, 2016 at 2:38 AM, skeletonworks said:

If anyone is gonna write a fanfic, maybe can try writing about Johnny & Zhouzhou's feeling when they kissed in the car since we know it's ad lib right? Added by themselves.. Also if you read the Easy interview translation by LT, it seems like the kissing question was removed from the original audio after it was uploaded a few minutes online. And Zhouzhou was surprised that Chai Jidan told the interviewer that the kiss was added by themselves... 

This is an interesting concept that I might take up. Not sure if I'm comfortable writing about Johnny and Zhouzhou the actual actors and not just their characters though. Can you possibly link me to the Easy interview translation? I'm still confused as to when this car scene happens...Any clarifying details? While Heroin is a great series, I still find myself confused with the timeline of things :sweatingbullets: Everything's a bit everywhere if one hasn't read the original novel.

Also, an update for possibly interested fanfiction readers: I updated and completed my fanfic link removedover here: link removed
(The last chapter/part is literally just a bunch of dirty, dirty @!#$?)

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, guhai said:

This is an interesting concept that I might take up. Not sure if I'm comfortable writing about Johnny and Zhouzhou the actual actors and not just their characters though. Can you possibly link me to the Easy interview translation? I'm still confused as to when this car scene happens...Any clarifying details? While Heroin is a great series, I still find myself confused with the timeline of things :sweatingbullets: Everything's a bit everywhere if one hasn't read the original novel.

Also, an update for possibly interested fanfiction readers: I updated and completed my fanfic Already Addicted over here: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1091663/already-addicted-addicted-heroin-luoyin-guhai
(The last chapter/part is literally just a bunch of dirty, dirty @!#$?)

 

The car scene hasn't been shown yet, and it might not even get aired since China censorship is so strong when it comes to LGBT things (even kissing). But here's the scene. Lovely Things says in the description box that there wasn't even a car kiss scene, which means the actors must've improvised it. And about the timeline, yeah that does bother me, because it seems like this drama is hopping all over the place, but that might be due to the cuts, or just poor editing, hopefully it'll get better with the future two seasons.

 

58 minutes ago, hellolive said:

 

Yep, i'm really hooked, and addicted. I want more than 15 episodes for season 1 :(

I watched another Chinese BL (after watching Heroin week ago) Counter Attack and Be Here for You, and the characters were pretty disturbing, but i find Heroin is on different level, alhough this series maybe is all casts' first drama/acting ever. They're already do it really good.

 

As much as I like GH, he is quite disturbing IMO. He kidnaps and what looks like is proactively sexually harassing LY before LY caves in. At this point that one can argue if LY even likes GH in a romantic sense let alone a sexual way. I feel like by buying a shitton of stuff for LY's family, and helping them out (ex. getting his dad a better job), GH essentially has paved a way into LY's heart with money. But from episode 12, GH has no more money, so things will change? Maybe I'm just reading too much into it, or it could be the whole push and pull by LY. Because in a real relationship if you do like someone you wouldn't keep telling them to get lost right? But from countless animes and dramas it seems like a lot of the times no means yes, when it should mean no.

No means no kids! 

Edited by leemicho
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, guhai said:

This is an interesting concept that I might take up. Not sure if I'm comfortable writing about Johnny and Zhouzhou the actual actors and not just their characters though. Can you possibly link me to the Easy interview translation? I'm still confused as to when this car scene happens...Any clarifying details? While Heroin is a great series, I still find myself confused with the timeline of things :sweatingbullets: Everything's a bit everywhere if one hasn't read the original novel.

Also, an update for possibly interested fanfiction readers: I updated and completed my fanfic Already Addicted over here: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1091663/already-addicted-addicted-heroin-luoyin-guhai
(The last chapter/part is literally just a bunch of dirty, dirty @!#$?)

omFG I can't write like this this is art

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thoron said:

 

 

@leo456 You deserve so much more than our "Like This" clicks.  But thanks you still. Here's to you meeting the GuHais and BaiLouYins of your desires, and to getting rid of the JinLulus in your life! Cheers, mate! 

 

Btw, i have yet to backread this thread so question:

 

Who is this richard simmons? I need to know more about him. Pls enlighten me.                                                  

Thank you @thoron for your wish. Now, I have one :) 

Anyway, please let me know which spoil of mine does it has richard simmons? I think I really carefully type the spoil to avoid unsuitable word. It might be missed from my review. The cursed word may be from the actual feeling without my self-control hahaha. 

Thanks

 

Additional info: I will try my best to finish translation for Spoil #10 today because I wanna share #12 to you all ASAP. In the spoil #12, it is drama scene when LY's ex-girlfriend comes back.

P.S. Please don't kill me if I give you the spoil of spoil again hahahaha.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@leemicho Ah yes, but here's to hoping they'll include the scene in the uncut DVD release ^_^ Don't know if they actually will considering they removed the original audio where Chai Jidan confirmed with the interviewer that Jingyu and Zhouzhou added it themselves. Maybe not, to protect the actors (...or their relationship ;)) Also, the hopping all over the place is probably because it's based on a novel. I'm assuming the directors tried to make it understandable for people who haven't previously read the novel, but they didn't quite get there. Maybe it was because of censorship, budgets, etc. - or maybe it was just bad directing. If I had watched from Episode 1 to 12 without knowing at least the background story, a few snippets, and extra details per episode, I would be wondering a few things. Mainly, how does a straight man like GH suddenly fall in love with a classmate who's annoyed with him who happens to be his stepbrother. That, and how the heck LY ends up in a somewhat-relationship with/sleeping at the house of the man who kidnapped him (violently) and forced himself on him...I mean...I watch a lot of Asian BL (aka not everything is explained) but even I would be confused. Same goes for Counterattack (which I've watched quite a few times from beginning to end and still don't fully understand...)

@Beach Down The Lane I wouldn't call my writing art, but it's fun to do and share, haha. Glad you like it ^_^

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, guhai said:

@leemicho Ah yes, but here's to hoping they'll include the scene in the uncut DVD release ^_^ Don't know if they actually will considering they removed the original audio where Chai Jidan confirmed with the interviewer that Jingyu and Zhouzhou added it themselves. Maybe not, to protect the actors (...or their relationship ;)) Also, the hopping all over the place is probably because it's based on a novel. I'm assuming the directors tried to make it understandable for people who haven't previously read the novel, but they didn't quite get there. Maybe it was because of censorship, budgets, etc. - or maybe it was just bad directing. If I had watched from Episode 1 to 12 without knowing at least the background story, a few snippets, and extra details per episode, I would be wondering a few things. Mainly, how does a straight man like GH suddenly fall in love with a classmate who's annoyed with him who happens to be his stepbrother. That, and how the heck LY ends up in a somewhat-relationship with/sleeping at the house of the man who kidnapped him (violently) and forced himself on him...I mean...I watch a lot of Asian BL (aka not everything is explained) but even I would be confused. Same goes for Counterattack (which I've watched quite a few times from beginning to end and still don't fully understand...)

I finished Counter Attack and it was oddly satisfying but I felt like there was something more from the drama that had to be filmed. The story line lacked in certain aspects, and more often than not, each consecutive scene had no relationship with one another. I reckon the same goes for Addicted in a few episodes.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@guhai: thank you for writing the fanfic! More to come, I hope?

I agree that there are messy/confusing story lines, customs etc. At first I thought these sloppiness were because the novel's quality. But seeing several excerpt and the translated four chapters, I'd say these sloppiness because of bad directing/sloppy editing. The novel's quality is good, the actors are great (okay, maybe not that great but forgive my bias toward YuZhou! :phew:).

From all those scenes cut/discarded/not included in the series, they should include the ones which show gentle intimacy/emotional progress from GH and BLY. Like the dialogue before giving the moon cake, I think that is super important to show the developing attachment between those two, especially BLY's emotion toward GH. Hopefully, these scenes will be included in the DVD and some kind souls will be willing to sub!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On February 21, 2016 at 2:38 AM, skeletonworks said:

If anyone is gonna write a fanfic, maybe can try writing about Johnny & Zhouzhou's feeling when they kissed in the car since we know it's ad lib right? Added by themselves.. Also if you read the Easy interview translation by LT, it seems like the kissing question was removed from the original audio after it was uploaded a few minutes online. And Zhouzhou was surprised that Chai Jidan told the interviewer that the kiss was added by themselves... 

 

On February 22, 2016 at 3:41 PM, pureblade said:

 

This topic should be discussed... an adlib comes from some truth I must say that even if they got lost in their roles it stems from somewhere. I personally think some curiousity has sprung out of these filming sessions. All sides to this reality should be explored people!

I did a light brainstorm but after I started writing, it was hard to stop, haha. It's a fun concept. Thanks for the idea!

I've started a new story called link removed which is based on how I imagine their thoughts ran upon meeting each other, leading up to the car scene adlib kiss, during the kiss, and the aftermath: link removed

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well hi. 

I've obeserved the thread for some time now and I just can't no longer resist to jump in and join the convo. This series just messes my days lately. I spent most of my days waiting for new episodes or any kind of new updates, watching the scenes I like over and over again. I'm seriously hooked. 

The thing that I appreciate the most about this series is probably the cinematography. It's just undeniably better than most of Asian BLs that I've ever watched. The main actors are all good looking too, even GH's and BLY's parents. Their acting is quite good, if not sometimes very good. I like how consistent BLY's character is. It's not rare to find characters that just changes drastically for no reason in a lot of BL dramas and movies, and sometimes it interferes with the feels. Though I understand that a lot of BL lovers (including me actually, ha) don't really care about these trvial qualities and are satisfied with the fact that it is BL, I'm really happy that the production team really pay attention to these things. 

Story-wise, I agree that it sometimes doesn't make any sense, because they skip a lot of parts from the novel. In fact, the only BL series that makes sense for me is Tong Le Hui (happy together) even that is probably because of the fact that it's not a full BL drama. But then having to fit everything in 15 episodes (/cries), and 25 minutes per episode is not easy, and I fully understand the director's decision on that. 

I'm wondering about the car scene though, and a lot of scenes shown in BTS clips. I always thought that they were all for promotional means? I mean there are clips showing feng song chen wen kissing, when it's not really in the story for them to kiss (at least not in the season?) Is that why the director said that it was added later? That it was shot just for the "BTS clip"?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@alvinboi I'll be honest, I sometimes prefer your translations of the novel over the actual series. As much as I'm a fan of JY and ZZ and the series overall, there are just some things that can only be conveyed with words. Even if they were to act some of this out, I doubt I'd like it as much as the novel version. Thank you so much for taking the time to do these lengthy comparisons. It really helps me fill in the blanks while watching the series. I try to keep these snippets in the back of my mind while watching so that their relationship progression feels smoother and makes more sense ^_^

1 hour ago, gayyoxx said:

@guhai: thank you for writing the fanfic! More to come, I hope?

I agree that there are messy/confusing story lines, customs etc. At first I thought these sloppiness were because the novel's quality. But seeing several excerpt and the translated four chapters, I'd say these sloppiness because of bad directing/sloppy editing. The novel's quality is good, the actors are great (okay, maybe not that great but forgive my bias toward YuZhou! :phew:).

From all those scenes cut/discarded/not included in the series, they should include the ones which show gentle intimacy/emotional progress from GH and BLY. Like the dialogue before giving the moon cake, I think that is super important to show the developing attachment between those two, especially BLY's emotion toward GH. Hopefully, these scenes will be included in the DVD and some kind souls will be willing to sub!

You're welcome! Thanks for reading, and yes I've already started a new one. I'll likely be finishing that first before writing another GH/LY. Starting multiple at once leads to a lot of unfinished work :sweatingbullets: And I agree. The novel - at least what I'm getting of it via translations - is great, the actors are pretty okay for beginners (honestly, I'm not sure if I'd appreciate them as much if I didn't find them good looking and the plot hot, but that's just how the world works...), but the directing and editing can use some work. On another note, I feel like we're all more excited for this DVD than the next season, HAHA.

Edit: While I'm at it, can someone explain to me how to do Soompi's "Reveal hidden contents" thing?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, skeletonworks said:

 

Oohh that scene. If that's the case, then I think we probably won't be seeing it this season? Because there's only 3 episodes left. There's no way they gonna have time to wrap up the Shihui's saga in just 3 episodes. 

Why do I feel that everyone is confused about Guhai being the first to bottom? Technically Luoyin bottoms first from the raping. The reason Guhai happily accept being bottom the 2nd time they did it is because he loves Luoyin and he regretted what he did to Luoyin (the rape). 

 

Wait I thought the first time they do it is before the second kidnap...I mean they already rehearsed and filmed the scene. Can it really be in season 2? Or it is just too intimate that they cut the whole thing.

I get the BTS from Lovely Things channel in Youtube:

How the scene is filmed (middle toward end of both videos)

 

CJD confirmed Hai is the first one to bottm: (around 1 minute in)

 

Only if we can read the novel, all this confusion will not happening :((

PS: look at what Lou Yin did to that drunk Gu Hai. He even stripped himself.......You are no innocent lamb BLY!!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just found out about this series, and I've been marathoning it! Love it!

Question, though. I was watching it from the source on page 3 of this thread, but while I was in the middle of episode 11, I suddenly lost connection, and now the link doesn't work and I keep getting redirected to the homepage for v.qq.com. Did I do something wrong? Was it taken down?

Edited by verikc
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi everyone. i'm new here and i'm already addicted to this series.

I just want to share my thought here after reading all the spoilers and translations, thanks to @alvinboi and @Leo456 and watch all the bts and rehearsal. I think CJD will omit the rape scene and subtitute it with another scene for the second kidnap incident because reason. Hence why she asked JY about bottoming first.

I'm wondering is it just my imagination. Did BLY have black eyes on episode 11? It looks like he got lack of sleep after the conflict with GH. If it's true then the production team did a really good job at giving hints through little detail

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Marcell Hendrawan said:

hi everyone. i'm new here and i'm already addicted to this series.

I just want to share my thought here after reading all the spoilers and translations, thanks to @alvinboi and @Leo456 and watch all the bts and rehearsal. I think CJD will omit the rape scene and subtitute it with another scene for the second kidnap incident because reason. Hence why she asked JY about bottoming first.

I'm wondering is it just my imagination. Did BLY have black eyes on episode 11? It looks like he got lack of sleep after the conflict with GH. If it's true then the production team did a really good job at giving hints through little detail

Lou Yin's dad mentioned that he didn't sleep till the morning so yeah...He didn't sleep much just like how he was when he broke up with SH

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, guhai said:

@alvinboi I'll be honest, I sometimes prefer your translations of the novel over the actual series. As much as I'm a fan of JY and ZZ and the series overall, there are just some things that can only be conveyed with words. Even if they were to act some of this out, I doubt I'd like it as much as the novel version. Thank you so much for taking the time to do these lengthy comparisons. It really helps me fill in the blanks while watching the series. I try to keep these snippets in the back of my mind while watching so that their relationship progression feels smoother and makes more sense ^_^

Edit: While I'm at it, can someone explain to me how to do Soompi's "Reveal hidden contents" thing?

Overall, it's a really happy journey to discover the missing pieces in the novel (with exceptions like GH's kidnap/ violent behaviors). ^^ It fills the time in between episodes too.

@guhai You can use the Spoiler feature to hide/reveal contents. On the toolbar (with bold, smiley, font colors etc.), there is an icon that looks like an eye. Click on it and the spoiler box will appear. To delete/ copy/ cut the spoiler box, click on the top left corner of the box. I hope this helps.

Oh, someone here said that the series is jumping back and forth in timeline as evident from the editing. Till Episode 12, I can assure you that there's no jumping back and forth, but some events are skipped/ cut. They did change some scenes too. The most recent one will be in Episode 12, where GH were telling BLY that he was running out of cash. In the novel, they were doing that in bed together with the chat on their future career. Up till now, the changes in scenes are usually not that significant to the story development. So, no worries.

57 minutes ago, Marcell Hendrawan said:

hi everyone. i'm new here and i'm already addicted to this series.

I just want to share my thought here after reading all the spoilers and translations, thanks to @alvinboi and @Leo456 and watch all the bts and rehearsal. I think CJD will omit the rape scene and subtitute it with another scene for the second kidnap incident because reason. Hence why she asked JY about bottoming first.

I'm wondering is it just my imagination. Did BLY have black eyes on episode 11? It looks like he got lack of sleep after the conflict with GH. If it's true then the production team did a really good job at giving hints through little detail

You're welcome. I'm more than happy to share the novel comparisions. ^^ 

IF the series is going to swap out the rape scene with something else, I think there's not much of a concern. The novel writer Chai JiDan is on the production team. I'm sure she would replace it with something that fits the novel timeline and story, IF they really want to swap it.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...