21 minutes ago, AnthonyKkoKko said:

Can I just say that I disagree with this. First of all, you don't simply "turn" gay. It's a part of who you are.

Sure, BLY and GH had girlfriends and may have considered themselves straight before they met each other, but they were never 100%  straight to begin with if they could develop feelings for one another. They didn't "become gay for each other", they both discovered a homosexual side to them that they previously weren't aware of. It's a process of self-discovery, finding your own sexual identity, and coming to terms with who you are. Sexual and romantic attraction isn't just something you can flip a switch on or off for. English may not be your first language, so I understand if you didn't intend for it to come across that way, but I just want to let you know that there are negative implications with the way you wrote this.

Totally agree! You can't suddenly go from being straight to being gay. It's like me going from being gay to being straight. Couldn't and wouldn't happen. 

At the very least you could say they're both bisexual. 

• Like 10

On April 2, 2016 at 8:09 AM, joycemay said:

Someone should write a fanfic based on this fan art :P. Gh and BLY in historical drama:wub: Not a sad fanfic of course. Since "The king and the clown" is too sad for my liking.

ydeZcYK.jpg

fanfiction removed

Coming up with random dialogue because I can't help it HAHA :sweatingbullets:

@sohocomo Aw, thank you for the kind words :wub: (The 1000—more like few hundred—page BL novel is on its way...in a few years HAHAHA ;))

@kmmyzz I'm honored that my stories make you sleep well at night :lol: Always wanted to be a before-sleep read kind of author :wub: No worries, with the current consensus, I'll continue to write YZ for as long as the pros outweigh the cons.

• Like 20

Dear dear @thoron XD your post always makes my day :w00t:

Here, some gif for you >"< Cookies? :cookie:

12502758_246496802361661_1434523724_n.gi12835117_246497375694937_1247642777_n.gi

12329272_246989292312412_672550459_n.gif   12600674_246494475695227_1194074403_n.gi  

---

Side note, reaction to ZZ's weibo post (our @estreline translated this on her IG)

[Fanacc updating]  冬日甜粥  20160403 12:24

以后会一直陪你,不管多好还是多坏
好就陪你荣耀四方
不好就陪你重新来过
来日方长
我会永远待你热情高涨
因为我是你的粉丝啊许魏洲

---

The future will always accompany you, no matter how good or how bad
The good is giving you glory from all side
Not good is you start over again 
Future is still a long way
I will always be your great zeal
Because I am your fan ah Xu Weizhou

6936a8c7gw1f2jedisbtwj20ku0kujtd.jpg

---

12520285_246986092312732_2055633065_n.gi 

*me*

Edit:

Thanks @gashupingo for the correction of the idiom, GG trans tsk tsk

I might need to go back working on idioms again 

Edited by ximichem
  • Like 14

12 minutes ago, gayyoxx said:

I want to bring another point of view at JY-ZZ as person. Some here said that it might be JY-ZZ's wishes to be separated from each other. I'd say, that is possible but not now. Do you see how JY cancelled all of his schedules for two days to be in RFT2? He knew for sure that he would play with ZZ and yet he modified his schedule to be in the show. Instead of wanting to be alone, I'd say he at the very least enjoy to be with ZZ and even maybe eager to do that. This rumour and the chaos following might make them have to suppress this personal affection and maybe even avoid each other because of "business point of view" (which is actually not make any sense too).

This! The fan base will do what the fan base does, be it to worry or to gush. Our boys will do what they need to do to protect themselves or benefit from whatever reaction the fan base happens to display at any given moment, or just do whatever pleases THEM and not us.

Keep walking slowly ahead peeps. Just don't go. :))

• Like 17

Was reading Addicted novel (still some ways before reaching half of the novel, yes I'm that slow)

And the soap opera begins again
BLY and GH have conflicts for the Nth time.

BLY: "I don't want you anymore"
GH: : "I also don't want you anymore"

Me: .....................

Sorry, this is so funny to me. :lol:

And then after this incident suddenly switch to YM crossdressing segment to act as YQ's gf..... what?

• Like 12

On April 2, 2016 at 2:25 PM, akira1221oor said:

About how bad people in China view BL themed work, let's talk about danmei (Chinese word for BL novels). Many danmei novels got plagiarized and changed into BG version and when the authors of original novels found out they couldn't do anything about that, they even lost when brought this matter to the court since it's no copyright protection to  danmei and it's considered depraved cultural products so no one would take their sides. So our boys here got their popularity from a BL themed webseries, that's like a double edged sword, be careful or you'll get hurt.

that reminds me...i remember seeing the thread for the movie "10 miles of peach blossom" in this forum and feeling very surprised. the novel the movie is based on got into a huge scandal for blatantly plagiarizing a bl novel. but as you said justice didnt prevail bc the bl writer have no protection for her work.

even so, i didnt think people would invest in making a movie out of a plagiarized work...even starring liu yifei. no integrity whatsoever. but i guess this industry doesnt have qualms about ripping off the bl genre to gain profit

• Like 8

32 minutes ago, ximichem said:

Side note, reaction to ZZ's weibo post (our @estreline translated this on her IG)

[Fanacc updating]  冬日甜粥  20160403 12:24

以后会一直陪你,不管多好还是多坏
好就陪你荣耀四方
不好就陪你重新来过
来日方长
我会永远待你热情高涨
因为我是你的粉丝啊许魏洲

---

The future will always accompany you, no matter how good or how bad
The good is giving you glory from all side
Not good is you start over again 
Japan, long term
I will always be your great zeal
Because I am your fan ah Xu Weizhou

Just a little correction.
It's not "Japan, long term."
It's an idiom: "The future is still a long ways"

• Like 10

1 hour ago, swong2330 said:

OMG, I agree 100%. I just mentioned something like this in another thread. "But, the problem with culture is it doesnt matter if it's right or wrong, it's what most people will follow or feel there. It doesn't matter whether we accept it or not, it will still exist. And we, especially as international fans, cannot do much, we cannot change another countries' laws or cannot hire the boys, or anything. We can only support them and pray for them, while they are the ones out their fighting their own fights. That's why I am worried especially because our hands are tied up so much."

I don't know waht your situation is, but seriously dude! What if our boys gets arrested on some false charges tonight, what are you gonna do? Will you seriously follow through your advice? Who will accompany you? How many? North Korea! Was mentioning them even necessary. Their programs are going to get censorerd. Isnt that enough? We can say a lot of stuff, and make a lot of claims, but the fact remains that 99% of us don't even have the grit to truly support our ship. We just want to satisfy our selfish desires. !!

Seriously dude Chill! You got your premises wrong. I am not advising to protest on the streets..... yet. What I am saying is that "if anything bad happens to JY or ZZ caused by the government then all hell break loose." I am not advising, I am expressing my opinions out (if you know what I mean).

To tell you the truth, what the government band or reaction of ZZ/YY is just insecure way to show that they have power.. China has been a lot of issues lately if you notice, downed economy, detaining a Hong Kong-based bookwriter, circulating letter for the president to resign, and rounging up all the relatives of the 'dissidents'.. They started with a ban, it backfired instead, ZZ and JY gained popularity and who boosted their stardom??? international fans?? A significant number of people of China themselves! and it sends a message to the government.... "we are not following you anymore." This is the worst opponent the Communist government has to deal with, its own constituents.. Chinese government is treading on dangerous ground, one false move and it would cause misinterpretation and backlash.

And about your statement: "We can say a lot of stuff, and make a lot of claims, but the fact remains that 99% of us don't even have the grit to truly support our ship. We just want to satisfy our selfish desires. !!"

Who are you to claim for me? for us? We support our ship :angry: through thick or thin. And if there are those who wanted to satisfy their selfish desires it is the Chinese Government and their ban and those 'persons'  who support it

And North Korea?? - you do not take it seriously though. hahaha! I mean their leader gave a lot of threats, but just threats.. Why are you bothered? scared? don't be.

• Like 17

If I could only access weibo I'd stream ZZ's songs. and why are haters always attacking him. I've always felt for ZZ with majority of the issue that they've been through. why do people hate so much on people with a lot of talent. self pity?

anyway, I just hope we're all open to the idea of supporting them in their individual projects. I'm not saying that they should eventually quit working together in the future. as gayyoxx said, individual and pair project should be done alternatively. they should not leave their tandem. and I think JY has been and surely will always be thankful for their pairing that's why I think if possible he'd choose to work with ZZ in any project possible. What I want to say is that we should not hate or react in negative ways if JY and ZZ would work with other people.

let's just hope and pray but at the same time be open to possibilities (especially when in comes to their private real life "relationship") so it won't hurt too much. if we bleed, let's bleed jelly. and I want to fast forward to future when they're both established and have reached their goals/dreams and can finally cater to their personal feelings towards each other without caring about what others might think/say. haha

cookie time :cookie:

• Like 16

6 hours ago, pureblade said:

Wow.... people people! Are we going to make negative information have us like trees in the wind? It blows right and we succumb; it blows left and we bend. C'mon! Fandom! Let us be rock! Diamond - where heat and pressure make us stand all the more strong! This is exactly how they want us to be intimidated and walking on eggs shells. Where do we have influence? We have influence in being grounded and unchanging in our manifesto!

This is so true and wise! I must refrain from trying to find news myself, since I really don't get how Chinese media works... And because this is a pretty sensitive and very real issue. Again, I take my freedom of speech absolutely for granted, I can't even imagine living under the threat of censorship like in this case. Anyway, someone mentioned before that Happy Camp have denied being censored, was that confirmed? Because that's very good news and would support how this whole bruha is just troublemakers stirring up rumours for some reason.

It's often said that a society can talk themselves into a financial crisis, that the more you talk about the possibility of everything going bad, people will act accordingly and so create the crisis on their own. The sum is never bigger than its parts, after all. And us fans are the parts. (Us international fans less so than Chinese, I believe.) So a fandom can too create a crisis out of 'nothing' (as in nothing concrete, now) just by making a huge deal about everything. We have no control over the situation as a whole, and that creates frustrations.

JY & WZ started off, just a few months ago, with very little and have in a very short space of time gained a huge fanbase. But it's not like it's a terrible disaster for them if it doesn't stay that way. I think what they must hope for most, is a steady fanbase, a steady career. They don't need people chasing after them, appear in every magazine and every show,. They need to get steady, good jobs. That's what I'm hoping for them, at least, So as long as all these issues with censorship hurts them in any substantial manner (such as being banned from working or worse), I think they're fine. They're talented, sensible guys, it seems.

I will never, ever understand why some people (in any context, not just fandom) are so prone to create negativity and hatred. It's one of the big mysteries. Particularly when it comes to entertainment, this is not a life or death issue, after all. Why do some people always find it necesssary to put something else down to build up something else? Anyway, I'm all about the love: for both, for one, no matter. 

But the DVD! I really, really hope that the news is correct. They should have a better spokesman who can clearly state news - or refrain from saying anything, if you can't say it clearly. But I take it as good news! Seems the second half of April could be a terrific month for us fans. :)

• Like 18

1 hour ago, htuvecila said:

Same as you, I believe sexual orientation is like a scale from 1 to 100, heterosexual at one side and homosexual at the other. There is no 100% gay or 100% straight. People don't just turn gay but the novel makes them think people can turn gay. This is the illogical part of it. If you read the novel in Chinese (I'm not proficient in Chinese but for this I can understand), BLY once told GY if he wants to release his sex demand, he wouldn't find a man to do it. GH is the only and special one that he's willing to do it with him. Both GH and BLY in the novel are not sexually attracted to other guys. I'm not talking about "love" but they ain't even physically attracted to guys?!

That is what majority of the audiences (aka fangirls) in China have in their perspective, at least that is what I read in weibo. Both JY and ZZ declared they are straight, and fans commented "its ok you guys can "bend" together just like GH and BLY in the novel." "you guys can still be straight but love each other". One of the reasons that makes this web series becomes popular not only among girls who watch BL but also normal girls who don't watch BL and don't even appreaciate homosexuality is that it makes they forget they are watching the love story of 2 guys, aka danmei; they treat it as a "normal" love story. These audiences won't be interested in BL in general and they may still be very skeptical about homosexuality 

i agree...the irony of the bl genre rarely acknowledging the existence of bisexual people is that most bl characters are bisexual lol. authors love using that "he's the only ~exception~" trope to tug at fangirls' hearts, but it doesnt matter if gh and bly never become sexually attracted to another man for the rest of their lives, they are still bi.

tbh it would make me roll my eyes in real life, but i'm alright with it in fiction form lol

• Like 12

I just woke up and it's around 8 in the morning here and reading the rumours discussion. Can we just go back to our delulu land and just discuss good things of our boys while we keep supporting them by watching their bts, interviews, like their status on IG and so on? 

About what happened in China it's still rumours, right? Nothing definite yet, so for me I just want to get chill. As an Asian who grew up in Asia and emigrated to western country, I understand very well the culture difference between the two. It will take sometimes, not in the very near future for some eastern countries to relax their regulations on same sex views either partnership or marriage. Heck, it was just in 2015 that many western countries allow same sex marriage after long struggle. And I am sure legalize partnership (not even marriage) would not be anytime soon in the horizon. Social acceptance comes before regulations, at least that's how it works in western world, no?

Spoiler

Myself personally would not stop tagging youzhou together. I love the boys, I have all their music in my ipod, saved their bts, and waiting for the uncut version being uploaded so I can download them too, but if there's an uncut version of the dvd I surely will buy them, that's how I will support their career. I hope we stop this discussion about the rumours, don't make it bigger too on our end. Step back and wait until the real truth comes out. 

I just hope the boys will be alright, they're very young, just started their career, new fame, sudden hectic schedule. I just hope they're okay, stay healthy and please don't keep losing weight. I almost don't recognize Johnny as Gu Hai since he lost so much weight from the filming to now. I do hope that both would have good management company that will handle everything for them. To be their umbrella. 

I am not even that old and not a mother and look how protective I am for my two babies.

Please chill guys/girls

lots of love

P.S. Can we go back discuss that car scene on how lustful Gu Hai looking at BLY but how relax BLY being pressed in such small seat. He even lay his hands on Gu Hai's waist. Being kissed and then kissed back passionately. I just want to believe that's an adlib.

# I cant wait for the uncut version, now when I want to see the whole scene I need to go back and watch the bts #sigh

• Like 19