14 minutes ago, akira1221oor said:

@tea4two How do they build their careers as individuals when every time one of them are mentioned the other will be automatically tagged there? When everyone talks and asks about CP? When many overreacting CP fans always want them to be together in everything (you have to admit that majority of their fans are CP fan) and will, eh, overreact when they're not together. For example, HJY will participate in The amazing race China, his partner for the show is still unknown, fans nominate XWZ, it's only understandable, but they even go further to threaten to anti and bash the show and HJY's TAR partner if that person is not XWZ. Okay, blame it on their CP vibe. 

You might say just let it be 2 of them on everything then, it's sure to bring in huge profit, but it's only at the moment. Once thing went too far (and it'd be soon enough since those CP fans keep feeding the CP exploitation), they'd be on censor radar with high risk of being edited out for broadcasting. Who would invest their money on them then?

@swong2330and @Kim Soo-Lee Agreed. That's why some of their fandoms start to worry and try to keep thing in check. XWZ and HJY have a very long way to go before they could do things as they like.

Thing is my own fandom has a similar history, conflict between international fans and chinese fans, etc. and we at first misunderstood them as anti-fans. But, eventually we realized that they were right to not demand that their ship keep working in bl. Infact, they went low key and asked us to do that as well and that is how we survived. They were infact protecting their ship, prolonging their carrers and protecting them from all these broadcast bans and censorship. So, if chinese fans tell you to tone down and not overexert your ship, follow their instructions. At least on weibo, becoz trust me, they know better.

Many of my great friends are YZ shipper and I will pray for YZ from the bottom of my heart. they deserve better. My only advice will be not to feud with your fellow chinese shippers but to work together with them to protect your fandom and not get selfish with your shipping passion. Otherwise, you might not have any material to ship. Think about  it.    

• Like 10

22 minutes ago, akira1221oor said:

@tea4two How do they build their careers as individuals when every time one of them are mentioned the other will be automatically tagged there? When everyone talks and asks about CP? When many overreacting CP fans always want them to be together in everything (you have to admit that majority of their fans are CP fan) and will, eh, overreact when they're not together. For example, HJY will participate in The amazing race China, his partner for the show is still unknown, fans nominate XWZ, it's only understandable, but they even go further to threaten to anti and bash the show and HJY's TAR partner if that person is not XWZ. Okay, blame it on their CP vibe. 

You might say just let it be 2 of them on everything then, it's sure to bring in huge profit, but it's only at the moment. Once thing went too far (and it'd be soon enough since those CP fans keep feeding the CP exploitation), they'd be on censor radar with high risk of being edited out for broadcasting. Who would invest their money on them then?

@swong2330and @Kim Soo-Lee Agreed. That's why some of their fandoms start to worry and try to keep thing in check. XWZ and HJY have a very long way to go before they could do things as they like.

These guys have great careers ahead of them, but they're still new to the industry. That's why they need a good management team behind them that can guide them on the right path. The entertainment industry can be a richard simmons. You'll get positive feedback and also negative feedback on everything you do. Fans shouldn't get upset when they see any negative feedback. It comes with the territory.

Edited by Kim Soo-Lee
  • Like 10

16 hours ago, gashupingo said:

At least we know he like cats. He had cats before but because now he's very busy, he doesn't keep cats anymore.

16 hours ago, ximichem said:

It's said "Like owner like pet" B) 

but JY said ZZ only looks like a cat but different personality. lol I just want to think that since JY sees ZZ as a cat he then considers himself as a cat too. hahaha

10 hours ago, liesl said:

You know what these antis really need to do? They need to go to a therapy since they have extreme delusional disorder. Johnny can't never be yours so accept the fact that Johnny is in good relationship with ZZ no matter what his relationship with ZZ is. That's the biggest reason why you hate ZZ, isn't it? Look at that photos of ZZ. He's handsome. What, jealous? You can't admit that he's handsome so you blame and hate him for plastic surgery. Look at yourself in the mirror. What do you see? A face that's better than ZZ? No. More than that, I see a f*cking rotten soul that could never be compared with that from ZZ.

Smoking... hah... as if you never saw someone smoke before. Are you so holy that you can freely preach and hate someone about smoking and tattoo? And with the heavy metal genre, I just can't.... Aside from being delusional, you antis are f**cking dumb and ignorant that I don't know where to begin with my rant. Appreciate every music genres! It takes talent to make good music no matter what the genre is and YES EVEN HEAVY METAL. Heavy metal is not just about violence, satanic, murder and what not. To quote ZZ, it covers love and sad songs as well. Don't look down on people that enjoy something that's not mainstream, you ignorant stupid people!!

Last advice, please grow a brain!! Or at least have half a brain since I could see that you have none.

*pant* *pant* Ok, I'm done with my rant.

chill! people always have something bad to say against the thing s they can't understand. I just pity them. don't stress your self over it, JY will get worried.

• Like 5

uhmmm cookie-mates, about this recent news. there are different angles to look at this.

1.) it could be true and it's saddening. it might also be the reason why the boys were shying away from each other in the past. to protect their careers. they are just starting and don't want to lose it so quickly. and it hurts them both. we have seen the effects on them and the pain was too visible on JY.

2.) it could also be done by the TV shows, as you said before, China banning rules are unpredictable. HC and RFT does not have immunity.

3.) it could also be the team behind JY and ZZ, in order to protect them and I want to think it's some kind of way of telling fans to support the boys individually (individual projects, etc.). they can't work together forever. not in the industry. let us not limit their chances. love stories and reality shows aren't the only thing they can do.

I'd like to shrug off the idea that haters are doing this because it just brings negativity to our joyful thread.

I'm rooting for the no.3 reason that I'v thought of. and I guess the government is trying to preserve the culture in ways regardless if it crush/hit other people.

• Like 7

With the current turn of events it is seems all so dismal, such turmoil and upheaval both among fans and in my heart....:(

I feel both hopeless and hapless at my inability to have no control over any of the matters, I can only watch from afar.. like a mere spectator..

All I can do is pray and wish my boys all the strength they need in these tough times...

"This too shall pass"... (my chant to make it through)

Love and peace everyone..:heart:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ryokise said:

Trans of some comments in comments section of post 2073 from yuzhou psychology thread.These comments were posted yesterday.

Note: They are not referring to foreign fans that posted the message on instagram, but fans that asked foreign fans to spread the message.

"To think that I saw on instagram, an english version of asking fans not to post tags, my heart feels cold" 

"Spreading it within our country, okay fine, but when you made it into an english version and spread it amongst overseas social media platforms, when foreign fans see it, they might even think our country has no humans rights.The main thing is that it's still unknown if this issue is real or fake. People here and there keeps saying someone above gave the orders, but who exactly is that someone?"

"Even controlling til instagram.."

"Embarrassing til overseas"

"yes, what has it got to do with foreign fans/sites"

"I saw it too and I was stunned.Firstly, instagram has lots of freedom, no one can controls it.Secondly, when foreign friends see it on instagram, they would think, wow so much restrictions"

"Everybody is thinking too much today, if this goes on, we arent far from them flopping"

It is only natural that we are concerned with these issues since we primarily depend on the Chinese Shangyin fandom to provide us with the news, videos or anything related to the boys since they are this since silence is equal to compliance in my book when it comes to issues like these. 

Chinese fans or even the regular Chinese joe on the street needs to know that we have their attention and support when it comes to fighting for what is fair and just. I see this censorship as a way of pushing the current party's political agenda and nit stemming from any sincere wish to police the content of their entertainment industry. 

The Arts should mirror a society's ideals, belief system, outlook etc on a particular time period...it should not be used by crass politicians to advance their political agenda and selfish gains. 

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, yaoimazter78 said:

It is only natural that we are concerned with these issues since we primarily depend on the Chinese Shangyin fandom to provide us with the news, videos or anything related to the boys since they are this since silence is equal to compliance in my book when it comes to issues like these. 

Chinese fans or even the regular Chinese joe on the street needs to know that we have their attention and support when it comes to fighting for what is fair and just. I see this censorship as a way of pushing the current party's political agenda and nit stemming from any sincere wish to police the content of their entertainment industry. 

The Arts should mirror a society's ideals, belief system, outlook etc on a particular time period...it should not be used by crass politicians to advance their political agenda and selfish gains. 

I can really feel you there. At least in our country (yes, we are from the same place), arts, in various forms and contents, toppled down governments, became a medium of assembly, and at times, cured a seemingly broken society. Freedom of arts and expression is really something that people tend to take for granted. The two of us should be happy for it.

Spoiler

I do really feel suspicious of some of the users here. No apologies. I just have to say it.

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, yaoimazter78 said:

Yeap, but I think their main point is not keeping foreign fans in the dark but that foreign fans shouldnt be involved in  "not mentioning their names/tags" , since most of us doesnt use weibo and we post on overseas sites. 

• Like 13

58 minutes ago, swong2330 said:

Thing is my own fandom has a similar history, conflict between international fans and chinese fans, etc. and we at first misunderstood them as anti-fans. But, eventually we realized that they were right to not demand that their ship keep working in bl. Infact, they went low key and asked us to do that as well and that is how we survived. They were infact protecting their ship, prolonging their carrers and protecting them from all these broadcast bans and censorship. So, if chinese fans tell you to tone down and not overexert your ship, follow their instructions. At least on weibo, becoz trust me, they know better.

Many of my great friends are YZ shipper and I will pray for YZ from the bottom of my heart. they deserve better. My only advice will be not to feud with your fellow chinese shippers but to work together with them to protect your fandom and not get selfish with your shipping passion. Otherwise, you might not have any material to ship. Think about  it.    

I agree! Despite the current attitude from the Chinese government i'm pretty confident that we'll get Season 2. In the meantime the guys should concentrate on other projects (whether it's together or individual it doesn't matter) and get as much experience as possible. 

• Like 10

Went through 9 pages of a roller coaster ride with the hot topic last night.. Even our boys are in deep thoughts right now about all these issues. Whether the rumors are true or not, the only thing I can do right now is pray that they'll pass another trial in their life, learn whatever lesson it offers, and use it to strengthen themselves more to face their future.. 

Spoiler

Credit:  鲸鱼手记

005_Hbgh_Vgw1f2j7iwnhetj30m80etwfc.jpg

• Like 24

1 hour ago, htuvecila said:

1. The 2 characters turn gay in the novel. It's ok if they are homosexual, but nope, they are straight but become gay for each other.

Can I just say that I disagree with this. First of all, you don't simply "turn" gay. It's a part of who you are.

Sure, BLY and GH had girlfriends and may have considered themselves straight before they met each other, but they were never 100%  straight to begin with if they could develop feelings for one another. They didn't "become gay for each other", they both discovered a homosexual side to them that they previously weren't aware of. It's a process of self-discovery, finding your own sexual identity, and coming to terms with who you are. Sexual and romantic attraction isn't just something you can flip a switch on or off for. English may not be your first language, so I understand if you didn't intend for it to come across that way, but I just want to let you know that there are negative implications with the way you wrote this.

• Like 24

Wow.. so a show of ZZ or JY without them in it?! How absurd??!! well you do not fight Chinese government, it lessens their authority.. If something happens to ZZ or JY, I would really go for a gay revolution in China,. TiangmenSquare#2 this time we will be victorious!! (I will call North Korea) :w00t::w00t::w00t:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ryokise said:

Yeap, but I think their main point is not keeping foreign fans in the dark but that foreign fans shouldnt be involved in  "not mentioning their names/tags" , since most of us doesnt use weibo and we post on overseas sites. 

I was just thinking something like this myself. For those of us who do not live in China, there isn't really anything we can do or say about this situation. Let's be honest, how much influence would someone like me, a middle aged woman from Missouri, USA, have on anything with, say, the Astrological Analyzations. Unless someone was to translate those into Chinese and post them on a Chinese site, which is then because of that person, not me. In the same way, say someone translates "Are You Addicted" into another language, posts it online, and the government of whatever country that person lives in wants to throw a stink. That isn't CJD's fault as the author. It's the problem of the person who translated and posted it. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is, yes, we can be worried for JY/ZZ and all, but we need to just keep doing what we do - discuss, hypothesize, analyze, fangirl/boy, spazz & introduce more international fans to Huang JingYu and Xu WeiZhou, to support them jointly and independently for as long as possible.

• Like 19

1 hour ago, AnthonyKkoKko said:

Can I just say that I disagree with this. First of all, you don't simply "turn" gay. It's a part of who you are.

Sure, BLY and GH had girlfriends and may have considered themselves straight before they met each other, but they were never 100%  straight to begin with if they could develop feelings for one another. They didn't "become gay for each other", they both discovered a homosexual side to them that they previously weren't aware of. It's a process of self-discovery, finding your own sexual identity, and coming to terms with who you are. Sexual and romantic attraction isn't just something you can flip a switch on or off for. English may not be your first language, so I understand if you didn't intend for it to come across that way, but I just want to let you know that there are negative implications with the way you wrote this.

Same as you, I believe sexual orientation is like a scale from 1 to 100, heterosexual at one side and homosexual at the other. There is no 100% gay or 100% straight. People don't just turn gay but the novel makes them think people can turn gay. This is the illogical part of it. If you read the novel in Chinese (I'm not proficient in Chinese but for this I can understand), BLY once told GY if he wants to release his sex demand, he wouldn't find a man to do it. GH is the only and special one that he's willing to do it with him. Both GH and BLY in the novel are not sexually attracted to other guys. I'm not talking about "love" but they ain't even physically attracted to guys?!

That is what majority of the audiences (aka fangirls) in China have in their perspective, at least that is what I read in weibo. Both JY and ZZ declared they are straight, and fans commented "its ok you guys can "bend" together just like GH and BLY in the novel." "you guys can still be straight but love each other". One of the reasons that makes this web series becomes popular not only among girls who watch BL but also normal girls who don't watch BL and don't even appreaciate homosexuality is that it makes they forget they are watching the love story of 2 guys, aka danmei; they treat it as a "normal" love story. These audiences won't be interested in BL in general and they may still be very skeptical about homosexuality 

Edit: I'm a fan of this novel, still read it again as long as I have free time. However I feel there are so many fictitious parts in this novel (which is okay coz I know it's just a novel), still it can be somewhat influenced to teenagers.  It's my personal view about this novel and I hope noone gets offended. 

• Like 20

15 minutes ago, sohocomo said:

I was just thinking something like this myself. For those of us who do not live in China, there isn't really anything we can do or say about this situation. Let's be honest, how much influence would someone like me, a middle aged woman from Missouri, USA, have on anything with, say, the Astrological Analyzations. Unless someone was to translate those into Chinese and post them on a Chinese site, which is then because of that person, not me. In the same way, say someone translates "Are You Addicted" into another language, posts it online, and the government of whatever country that person lives in wants to throw a stink. That isn't CJD's fault as the author. It's the problem of the person who translated and posted it. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is, yes, we can be worried for JY/ZZ and all, but we need to just keep doing what we do - discuss, hypothesize, analyze, fangirl/boy, spazz & introduce more international fans to Huang JingYu and Xu WeiZhou, to support them jointly and independently for as long as possible.

OMG, I agree 100%. I just mentioned something like this in another thread. "But, the problem with culture is it doesnt matter if it's right or wrong, it's what most people will follow or feel there. It doesn't matter whether we accept it or not, it will still exist. And we, especially as international fans, cannot do much, we cannot change another countries' laws or cannot hire the boys, or anything. We can only support them and pray for them, while they are the ones out their fighting their own fights. That's why I am worried especially because our hands are tied up so much."

17 minutes ago, DanA said:

Wow.. so a show of ZZ or JY without them in it?! How absurd??!! well you do not fight Chinese government, it lessens their authority.. If something happens to ZZ or JY, I would really go for a gay revolution in China,. TiangmenSquare#2 this time we will be victorious!! (I will call North Korea) :w00t::w00t::w00t:

I don't know waht your situation is, but seriously dude! What if our boys gets arrested on some false charges tonight, what are you gonna do? Will you seriously follow through your advice? Who will accompany you? How many? North Korea! Was mentioning them even necessary. Their programs are going to get censorerd. Isnt that enough? We can say a lot of stuff, and make a lot of claims, but the fact remains that 99% of us don't even have the grit to truly support our ship. We just want to satisfy our selfish desires. !!

• Like 1

Deymn it give ZZ a break...stupid yarakashi-tachi!

So what if it's the sharing the same lyrics with The Beginning? As an OOR fan I find this flattering...having a person I fangurl over fanboying over someone I love from another fandom is just awesome. 

• Like 10