32 minutes ago, liesl said:

I have to share this because this is pricelessarrow-10x10.png.... :D No wonder Johnny stared at this before.

@liesl OMGGGG your gif made my day >"<

d2j4pWV.gif  

I get to repost thissssss *dead* Here, take these :cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie:

@dignity1 I believe estreline she translates the whole novel, but there're other accs that just translate QiMeng parts

• Like 8

I shall focus again on the signification of the characters, and on the filming devices.

Let me first quote myself from what I posted on last Wednesday. I know it is improper but I see it necessary to explain why I have to modify a bit my standpoint on what is, after all, central.

————————
In the story as a whole, Louyin is quite the conservative Chinese figure, when Hai is easy with neo-capitalistic (neo-liberal) way of social operating, Hai is the «modernist» character. Indeed we can see that in many occasions. Louyin for example, refuses to eat the spaghettis western-like. And when Louyin drinks the cup of tea at Gu Weiting’s invitation, he very much concentrates on doing it traditional way. Idem when invited for lunch at GW’s table with mother and Hai, Louyin is very polite, traditional way.
On the other hand, Hai’s behaviour conforms with modernity. He uses his social connections to get what he wants, he is at ease with not following social uses in what they are tradition or hypocrisy. I see here a major reason for the banning of the series by Chinese government. These questions, indeed, are at the heart of the ideological fight inside inner circles in the Party and in the Army. Do keep in mind that we are not dealing here with ordinary people : Gu Weiting is a major general ! It is a major-general family affairs which is depicted in this series. And that explain the ban, much more than the only bl side of the story.
—————————

We will have indeed, to shift from the judgment "Hai is the «modernist» character", to the simple view of him as one who indeed know well about the modern way, but profoundly despises all it goes with. So to say that "Hai’s behavior conforms with modernity" was an imprecision.
Remember how he behaves with the bureaucrat to get a free-of-charge restaurant for aunty Zhou, going even, in a very profound contempt, to kidnap the dog from him.

Now, I come to analyzing a scene which will illustrate this new point of view, and show how music acts a bridge between sequences. It begins near the end of the sequence when we first see Hai father’s house, after Hai has an argument with the nice guy majordomo-chauffeur-bodygard.
The high-angle view of the drawing room is back and the Vivaldi music begins. It takes long realizing the music does not come from what we see i.e. Hai father's drawing room. Indeed we are now in what looks like a high-class cafeteria in Beijing. The Vivaldi tone goes on and introduces a very beautiful LuLu coming. Hai was the first at this rendez-vous (HAI IS NEVER AT LATE !). He throws back to its basket, a whole piece of viennoiserie offered with his café-au-lait, in a very despitful manner. The shot is very short and inserted between the one introducing Lulu and the one showing her sitting in front of Hai.
It is obvious that Hai does not like western modernity as it is invading Chinese society like a new Opium-War, even if he is at ease "using" it. It is another argument for him to be immensely attracted towards LuoYin. But I maintain Hai as representing the Confucianist, when Luoyin would be the Taoist side.

Note : Is the name Zhou for aunty Zhou, originally in the novel, or is-it a choice for the filming version, due to WeiZhou’s name of course ?

• Like 10

10 minutes ago, gayyoxx said:

He sang that on his first night being separated from Zhouzhou again for second filming Demon Girl. At that same day, Zhouzhou and Chen Wen went to Korea for their so-called holiday. So it was... on thursday or friday night two week ago? 17 or 18 March?

General chronology:

- JY and ZZ was separated for first time after the fan meeting when ZZ went back to Beijing while JY stayed at Shanghai for various job, mainly filming Demon Girl. At this time, I think both of them were thinking, they would be separated for good, with no foreseeable reason to meet and maintain their close relationship which they had developed in Addicted. JY got thinner and moody, ZZ sang Ten Years and apparently also lost some weight. They were separated for two weeks, iirc.

Thanks for the chronology @gayyoxx

These boys really make us flutter with their rl connections. But am so relief with your chronology that he might sang the song because he missed his ZZ :) 

Since am new on joining this series, I read briefly about the bent pipe some pages back but do not know what the meaning behinds it.

• Like 6

#throwback richard simmons that neckkkkk 

006lGMY5jw1f23f9bioqnj30x20mraec.jpg

In my laptop I first have folders for FMV, airport pics, fan pts pic, etc. then it comes to collections for eyes, nose, lips, teeth, hands, arms, and even ankles, thighs, back, and huge collection of side portrait pics.. Guys, I'm going so wrong [laugh cry] and now freaking shall I make another research for neck tho? My sanity is gone~ [doge] [doge] [doge] 

• Like 19

Can anyone translate this profile of ZZ?

005HbghVjw1f2hgt48o1bj30db0ejq4j.jpg

It was from the yinyuetai interview, thank you!

Edit: OP posted this caption along the picture "I'll be reminded of JY whenever I see strawberries, now I'll forever think of ZZ if I see chocolate. ZZ will receive many chocolates from today onward, I can feel it. But I'll send more chocolate-dipped strawberries so both of you can share" lmao so cute XD

• Like 12

36 minutes ago, gayyoxx said:

He sang that on his first night being separated from Zhouzhou again for second filming Demon Girl. At that same day, Zhouzhou and Chen Wen went to Korea for their so-called holiday. So it was... on thursday or friday night two week ago? 17 or 18 March?

General chronology:

Hide contents

- JY and ZZ was separated for first time after the fan meeting when ZZ went back to Beijing while JY stayed at Shanghai for various job, mainly filming Demon Girl. At this time, I think both of them were thinking, they would be separated for good, with no foreseeable reason to meet and maintain their close relationship which they had developed in Addicted. JY got thinner and moody, ZZ sang Ten Years and apparently also lost some weight. They were separated for two weeks, iirc.

- JY and ZZ met again in Beijing to attend France Excellence Award. After that, they got so many collaborative jobs in magazines ( Men's Uno, Esquire, ELLEMEN, Madame Figaro...). They also did their own jobs and interviews. At this time, JY started to get better physically and emotionally day by day. ZZ released his songs and received good reception from fans. At the end of these two weeks, JY posted the bent pipe to ZZ's weibo.

- 17 or 18 March, JY moved back to Shanghai to do more filming for Demon Girl. But apparently, he decided to make Shanghai as his home base. On the same day, IIRC, ZZ and CW went to Korea for "vacation". That night, JY sang his heart wrenching song. He got moody for one or two days, before finally calmed down. Maybe, he was feeling lonely after two weeks close with someone who can understand him. ZZ went below the radar for many days, maybe finishing his album. 

- Sunday 26 March, they met again on Changsa. Monday 27 March they were involved in Happy Camp, which somehow made JY happy indeed :P. Yesterday, they suddenly went to participate in RFT2. They will meet again at 17 April in Thailand fan meeting, unless there are another collaborative projects before that time.

Hmm. Writing all above made me wonder: why does JY stay at Shanghai, not Beijing? He does not have works at Shanghai, right? I think it would be better for him (and us, the shippers) if he stay at Beijing. Anyone can enlighten me? 

I think Johnny currently lives in Shanghai. He has been living there for at least a few years I think.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, kmmyzz said:

Edit: OP posted this caption along the picture "I'll be reminded of JY whenever I see strawberries, now I'll forever think of ZZ if I see chocolate. ZZ will receive many chocolates from today onward, I can feel it. But I'll send more chocolate-dipped strawberries so both of you can share" lmao so cute XD

Chinese name:XuWeiZhou
English name:Timmy
Height :184.5cm
Weight :70kg
Shoe size :43
Hobiess : Play the guitar , Sing,Dance
Lucky number : 24
Lucky color : Black
Favourite movie:Hachiko: A Dog's Story
Favorite male artists and female artist:Duan Yihong and Lin Zhiling
Favourite song and music style : so many
Good at sport : Basketball
Favourite food : Chocolate
Favourite animal : Cat
The best parts of his body he think : Nose
The most crazy things he had done : Host a music festival

Trans cr : @bigbigling_

• Like 17

22 minutes ago, kmmyzz said:

Name: Xu Wei Zhou

English name: Timmy

Height: 184.5cm

Weight: 70kg

Shoes size: 43

Hobbies: Playing guitar, singing, dancing

Lucky number: 24

(Favorite) color: Black

Favorite film: Hachi: A Dog's Tale

Favorite male and female artists: Duan Yi Hong and Lin Chi Ling

Favorite song and music style: A lot

Play best at what sport: Basketball

Favorite food: Chocolate

Favorite animal: Cat

Part of body that is the most beautiful: Nose

Craziest thing you did: Hold a music concert

---

OMFGGG guys!! ZZ loves chocolate!! I get a scenario he was drown in the sea of chocolate from fans

Edit: oops, didn't see @nedaaa post after refreshing

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, nedaaa said:

Chinese name:XuWeiZhou
English name:Timmy
Height :184.5cm
Weight :70kg
Shoe size :43
Hobiess : Play the guitar , Sing,Dance
Lucky number : 24
Lucky color : Black
Favourite movie:Hachiko: A Dog's Story
Favorite male artists and female artist:Duan Yihong and Lin Zhiling
Favourite song and music style : so many
Good at sport : Basketball
Favourite food : Chocolate
Favourite animal : Cat
The best parts of his body he think : Nose
The most crazy things he had done : Host a music festival

Trans cr : @bigbigling_

Thank you so much @nedaaa! I've been searching for it but I probably didn't search that much^^; Here's a cookie for you :cookie:

Edit: Thank you to @ximichem too! Here's your cookie :cookie:

• Like 9

43 minutes ago, Scandani said:

Thanks for the chronology @gayyoxx

These boys really make us flutter with their rl connections. But am so relief with your chronology that he might sang the song because he missed his ZZ :) 

Since am new on joining this series, I read briefly about the bent pipe some pages back but do not know what the meaning behinds it.

I put emphasis on your "might" because the only way to change it to "must" is through JY's confession :D However, looking from his mood swings, yeah, he might be missing ZZ.

Spoiler

To be honest, I was afraid that JY would be sad and lost weight again like after fan meet when he sang the sad song. More so when I knew he would stay at Shanghai (at first, I thought he moved his base to Beijing). But despite him looking not as brilliant as when he was with ZZ, JY did well during 10 days of separation with ZZ before HC (compared with 2 weeks separation after fan meeting)

After HC, I thought JY would be sad again but they met again soon for RFT2. Somehow they had become more intimate during HC (see the famous licking lip video). JY also looked extraordinary happy during and after HC. Sadly, we did not get many close up photos from RFT2 so we do not know how intimate they were today.

What interest me now is: the level of frankness and boldness in the last two interviews we just saw. The last JY's interview (the one which he says that he and ZZ are close because they "hand-in-hand" and "side-by-side" IIRC was taken on the last day JY at Beijing. It is the most frank and bold answer from JY describing his relation with ZZ. ZZ's last interview (the one which he dances) also taken around that time and we can see, he also quite frank about his close relationship with JY.  

Putting all of these pieces together, maybe on the two weeks they were working together, they rekindled their closeness? Then something happens during the last days of them being together at Beijing that make them comfortable and quite open about their closeness? That something then escalated during their two days together at HC? Love confession? First kiss? :D 

29 minutes ago, fuyuko said:

I think Johnny currently lives in Shanghai. He has been living there for at least a few years I think.

I know. I just thought that after two weeks at Beijing and being happy, he would move his base at Beijing, only return to Shanghai for work.

• Like 12

On 31/03/2016 at 1:07 AM, liesl said:

This thought suddenly came to my mind after reading @gashupingo 's post.

It won't be pretty if Johnny's partner in the Amazing Race turns out to be someone other than Zhouzhou. I don't even want to imagine the fans' outrage after having their hopes being crushed. I think the rage will be on par if not more with the rage of the fans in the sunglasses case. And who will be the receiver of the fans' outrage? The producers of the show and most probably Johnny's partner. :mellow:

From this thought, I hope that Johnny's partner is really Zhouzhou. Aside from the obvious reason that I love seeing both of them together, it will also save a lot of dramas that are to come. And again, I kinda pity the one who's going to be Johnny's partner if he's not Zhouzhou. He would be bombarded with fans' outrage and disappointment since he "takes" Zhouzhou's place. Fans are crazy like that. :vicx:

If the partner is not Zhouzhou, Johnny better not keep it a secret and just say who his partner is to save his partner later from the outrage of the fans. The more he's being secretive about it, the more fans' hopes build up and when these hopes are crushed, it ain't gonna be pretty.

From that I can't help but think that it could very well be Zhouzhou who's going to be his partner since he's being secretive about it. Like I said, to build up fans' hopes and crush it later is a very wrong move and I just hope that Johnny doesn't take this move.

Just my sudden thought.     

yeah if not zhouzhou racing with jingyu, we'll be soooo disappointed and pretty 'let down'.  i personally won't watch it, too sad if its not 'zhouyu' together for the race.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, lovehaiyin said:

yeah if not zhouzhou racing with jingyu, we'll be soooo disappointed and pretty 'let down'.  i personally won't watch it, too sad if its not 'zhouyu' together for the race.

I actually have seen immature fans got mad when ZY held his female teammate in HC, they said JY is only ZZ's and can't work with any female partners. As much as I love YuZhou, I hope they'll be flexible in guesting variety shows with different partners too. I know this is the best time to milk out YuZhou, they're the hot topic anyway but I'd be fine if JY gets another person or a female as his race partner. 

Quite curious to see how he'll work with her while completing missions, and I probably will compare his actions to her with his actions to ZZ lol

• Like 16

April never seems so long to me
ZZ's schedule, credit to @白洛洲
04/02 Star Special Missions, Xu Weizhou sing to you live 14:30
04/03 Rio Run 
04/16 20:15 Happy Camp airing
04/17 Thailand meeting
mid April, unknown day - Coffee Bazaar, martials art drama, movie and album 
---
JY's schedule
Other than this month's photoshoot for the magazines,
04/05 Dating with celebrity(?) 05/12 airing
04/16 20:15 Happy Camp airing
04/17 Thailand meeting
May - Amazing Race, unknown partner
Besides, there're unplanned schedules

(Many thanks to GG translate XD)

Edit: 04/29 RFT airing

p/s: tsk tsk fan pts level is upgrading
Spoiler

12321339_222248031464242_604041410730102

I WANT THESE JY DOLL

944871_1711005782480816_596373718279880912936562_1711005852480809_10888311264353

• Like 19

18 hours ago, liesl said:

ME TOO, SIS!!! ME AS WELL!!! :confounded: It's almost 5 o'clock here and I haven't slept yet!

There's so much excitement and fun things going on. How could I sleep now? AAARGH!!!

you's are soo mad lol... i can't believe us 'addicted' lovers for 'zhouyu/yuzhou'! they're addictive i know!!lol...xx

• Like 7

In Timmy’s song « Remember Your Eyes »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3EhSUwC-WQ

it says

« I am feeling the sky in my heartS
 I remember your eyes »

Does not it mean the author (Timmy aka Xu Wei Zhou) has 2 hearts (at least) ? One is organic. The other depicted here must only be spiritual. And we all know to whom it belongs. The belief in spiritual heart denotes an undeniable inclination for either Tao or Buddhism.

His lucky number is 24, he answered when questioned about. We know that Taoism goes strictly with 2’s and powers of 2, when Buddhism goes with 3’s and powers of 3. (Actually, the room number in the school is 27, which is 3 to the power 3.)
So, by choosing 3 x (2 to the power 3), ZZ indicates a strong Buddhist inclination, with a zest of Tao.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, charlie10 said:

A question: my profile pic is actually a gif. Any advice on how to make soompi accept it as such? I haven't been able to find the answer anywhere.

Hello, good morning. I had the same problem before but persistently googled it and found out how to solve it. After making your gif, resize it to just 100 x 100 pixels and it will move nicely.. Have a nice day.. :grin: 

• Like 9