19 minutes ago, tea4two said:

A well known gossiper (called himself something equivalent of head of gossiper on weibo).  He have almost close to 1 mil followers.  He (could be a she) followed JY around like a stalker (and every other well known celebs....but he seems most especially into JY atm).  JY and ZZ deleted the comments to protect themselves.  JY's a smart boy...very sensible.

what's their weibo? 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, sohocomo said:

I watched this scene before finding this wonderful world of spoilers and translations. When I first saw it, I thought that it was a "propitious blooper" they left in as it worked into the story so well. This is one of the first times we the viewer see GH being aware of receiving a 'caring' touch from BLY. (There was the earlier scene where BLY woke up being held by GH and almost hit him but stopped himself. That is one of the first physical 'manifestations of care' from BLY that we viewers saw, but GH was asleep and didn't know.)  

But, now that I am more knowledgeable of the story, to me, more than ZZ rubbing JY's head, is the way JY reacted. When ZZ rubbed his head, JY stared quite intently for a couple of seconds, then looked away quickly, giving the impression of shock and embarrassment. (Inner dialogue here would be "He just touched me when he didn't have to. That makes me happy. Oops, can't show it.")  Right after this, the scene cuts to a different angle. I won't swear to anything, but I get the distinct impression that the rest of the scene after this might be from a different take. The body language of both JY & ZZ just seems different to me after that point. 

What I wouldn't do to be locked in a room with these two - and a weeks worth of truth serum!

That's the beauty of film making!!! You can rehearse something so well but sometimes, a small blooper like this makes the scene even more magical. ZZ was very quick to continue with the scene even though JY hit his head... And his first instinct was to touch his head caringly. So it's no longer a rehearsed BLY reaction.... It's a genuine ZZ reaction. Hallelujah! Fans rejoice!

• Like 16

6 hours ago, charlie10 said:

A recent interview with JY now has subs and I must say, I find him quite fascinating as an interview subject. He's a little blunt and it kind of surprises me he's not being more... like you're supposed to be.

Yes, that´s the one side of him that caught me.

But from begining:

At first sight, he is a truthful, straigtforward, selfconfident and authentic guy, you can laugh with: just easy going.
Of course there is also his appearance: handsome,  good body and manly. The captain oft the football team.

This is his strong side.

But at the second sight, he shows other traits:

He has a innocent and sensitive side, with deep emotions*,  he can get easily hurt and also be toughtful and serious what may seem reserved but it´s not.  I can explain it later if you need.
His blunt answers impress me and reach my innermost, touches this place in me that not everybody can and is allow to occur.

This is his „weak“ side.

And I love when a man has this kind of mixtur, it attracts me a lot, for me this is depth, I don´t need cutness.

He is at the same time strong and weak.                                               

This is Johnny and this is what I like. Maybe because I´m a bit similar, inside soft and outside selfconfident and humorous. And I think it´s normal to search for people you can relate: it´s home.

Hmmm, have I  just  writen something about my feelings? Whose fault is it! Who started this Thread, let me see…Skeleton! Quickly come here, I have to punish you….

Wait just a second, I have to wear my OBEY sweater! Where have I drop this?....don´t go away, I´ll find it soon.

*(when you look at the BTS or some filmscenes with 0.5 speed, you can see how much is going on on his face)

• Like 14

On 22 March 2016 at 11:31 PM, gashupingo said:

And the catch fish in the pond which CJD also mentioned before that GH was supposed to be whole body naked in  freezing water and learnt how to use hands to catch fish easily in the military's survival training... It's easier to fish with hand than with the fishing rod, Gu Hai thought.

Watching the behind the scenes of this particular scene made me felt very sorry for poor JY as he had to be in the cold water for quite some time.

Beijing’s temperature can dip below sub-zero throughout the month of December so you can imagine how much colder it was for JY in the freezing water.

However, I also think it’s some sort of a blessing that JY’s legs were entangled by the weeds otherwise he might have to wade even deeper or further into the water. 

When filming was over, JY told the writer, CJD, that although he considered himself physically fit, he still found the water chilling to the bones….and JY was only knee-deep in the water, actually.

He added that if Gu Hai were to go into the water naked, he would have never made it out….which I agreed…he would be so numb that he couldn’t move or suffer from hypothermia if he manages to get out from the water.

But CJD just told JY not to question what she wrote.

Anyway, what I liked about this particular BTS was the conversation exchange between ZZ and JY as well as ZZ using his heat padded-torso to warm up JY’s legs. ZZ was also being cheeky and a tad over-dramatic at the same time.

ZZ told JY that he needs to get to the hospital quickly otherwise his legs might need to be amputated. LOL!

Throughout ZZ’s cheeky banter, JY looked sort of amused. And then comes the best part when JY asked ZZ (who was still rubbing his legs) on whether his legs are firm or not. ZZ was slightly surprised.

After that, JY asked ZZ whether his calf is hard or not. ZZ was still in some sort of a daze. JY then asked the third question on whether his calf is firm or not. And ZZ still couldn’t answer JY properly. He just responded with a “Huh?” to all the three questions =D

I just couldn’t help wondering whether ZZ was distracted by JY’s truly firm and hard legs / calf that he was too dumbfounded to answer JY.

Or, whether it’s because ZZ felt JY’s questions insinuated something else which was why he was too shy to reply to JY.

(I’d like to think it’s the former, though =)

• Like 15

8 hours ago, shuwei said:
10 hours ago, gashupingo said:

Gu Hai was described like a superhuman in the novel. He went to the military before he met BLY, but it doesn't mean that he has kungfu and can fly to the roof(refer to the scene in the web drama where he help BLY's father fixing something by climbing up the ladder) in the novel, he did not climb but suddenly 'disappeared' from sight from BLY perspective. I couldn't remember that clearly now but if I don't remember wrong, made some moves with the wall and jump to the roof like that...And the catch fish in the pond which CJD also mentioned before that GH was supposed to be whole body naked in  freezing water and learnt how to use hands to catch fish easily in the military's survival training... It's easier to fish with hand than with the fishing rod, Gu Hai thought. I also remember he was using some stealth skills he learned in military to stalk BLY, which is pretty funny reading it like it was described like something coming out from a spy film. He also used a lot of his military skills on BLY. Poor BLY.

yeah i agree. they "normalized" part 1 for the onscreen adaptation, especially gh. nobody like that exists irl lol. realism might be the charm of the drama, but its definitely not the charm of the novel

You guys make me remember when JY said to CJD that the scene was unrealistic :D

At 1:59, he asks CJD about the unrealistic scene that GH removes all his clothes and submerges completely in the water in the middle of winter. JY said that is impossible even if you're physically fit, even JY himself is very fit but cannot do that lol.

Anyway, thanks to that scene, we can see how ZZ warms JY's legs. JY was so touched about it.

I love these boys too much :tears: They've ruined my daily life. I feel like I'm back to be a teenage girl, giggling all day while watching and reading about them

EDIT: @SueLyinn OMG I thought we were telepathic. I didn't even know you were writing that post above me. When I clicked reply and saw your post, I was smiling like an idiot

• Like 10

33 minutes ago, tea4two said:

Sohu just posted some photos of JY, this was from a photoshoot couple of days ago.  ZZ, your hubby is looking so hot in these!

Hidden Content

The pictures made my day! He look so cute in #5!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, skeletonworks said:

There's another scene in episode 15 when Guhai dragged Luoyin to the car. When Luoyin was about to get into the car, Johnny shielded Zhouzhou's head so that he didn't knock his head against the car. If you don't care about someone, you wouldn't think about covering someone's head like that. I mean let them take care of themselves. But not with Johnny and Zhouzhou. Johnny & Zhouzhou obviously cares about each other. Dammit I can't take this anymore. Wayyyyy too much feels....

gasp! i noticed this too but i forgot about it until now! there was a korean actor that got some buzz for doing it in his drama, and he said its a protective habit he got when he was dating his wife

http://www.soompi.com/2015/03/16/ji-sung-explains-the-story-behind-his-manner-hands-in-kill-me-heal-me/

i thought it was so freaking adorable that gh/jy did that :wub: he also really like pulling out chairs for bly...

• Like 16

On 3/21/2016 at 10:01 PM, skeletonworks said:

@Tin Le Oh sorry I didn't know that!! I finally finished my work and got to catch up with this forum! I'm glad that someone has taken up the task. If you were to wait for me, it might take some time T_T And @lightyears has done an awesome job! Love it! Looks like work of a pro. Just as good as those who have done cleaner/typesetter job. Have you done this before?B) As for gifs, I don't know how to teach you since I also followed some tutorial I found on tumblr ^^;; 

That's weird. I could've sworn I replied to this hmmm anyway, thank you, I'm honored xD I'm a game design student so I'm used to doing stuff like that. I've done cleaning and typesetting a bunch of times but nothing official, just a hobby I guess. I'm still new to gifs. I'm just really frustrated that I can't seem to come up with a good color grade like the ones you use xD

In other news,

3bdXzyR.jpg

Spoiler

hH8wSwC.jpg

bSDOEiE.jpg

HUANG JINGYU WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!! THAT IS NOT YOUR WAIFU! YOUR WAIFU IS XU WEIZH-..

zkh3Q24.jpg

(photo by @whalerosy)

oh. OHHH yes thanks for reminding me. Very well. Nothing to see here then. Move along now, people. :D

• Like 19

4 hours ago, gashupingo said:

It's about the scene at 13:27 at ep14 where GH knocked his head on bed and BLY touch his head, the forumer said this doesn't look like scripted, rather they acted out on their own or a real accident.

giphy.gif

..there's the 'look' your talkin bout.

@gashupingo @sohocomo @gayyoxx @ayasdai 

guys you're all getting better and better with your analysis.

the long wait to season 2 has made you KINESICists

Apparently there's a branch of Science regarding it:

Kinesics is the interpretation of body motion communication such as facial expressions and gestures — that is, nonverbal behavior related to movement of any part of the body or the body as a whole.

Personally, i dont have any thoughts regarding that scene..

All i am is TORN whether i want to touch GuHai like that whenever he bumps his head, or be the receiver of such comforting gesture from BaiLouYin.. ahh damnit these two. :crazy:

• Like 20

---

@charlie10 thanks for the video! enjoyed it.

the interviewer went from what's your phobia to what color is your underwear too quickly, as if she wanted to know that for herself hehe.

Edit @MOD waah happened? SPAM. i remember i edited my previous post correctly to add addt'l message.

EditEdit: Will just delete redundant part.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, gayyoxx said:

It happened too fast so I think it was more of subconscious gesture than planned act. Furthermore, BLY always hesitant to show his affection to GH so actually it was out of character for him (ZZ) to reach and pat his (JY's) head. :D 

I think, both JY and ZZ were kind of mixing their personalities and their characters' during the filming. If you are interested in my rambling about the development of their relationship, check the spoiler! ;) 

Hide contents

- first impression. JY at least thought "this guy is alright" while actually ZZ thought JY as "detached and quiet".

- initial awkwardness. Strangers are awkward with each other because we need to "map" the other party's position. Is he/she my competitor? Is he/she dangerous for me? Is he/she shared same interest with me? Do I need to invest my time/energy/attention for him/her? Etc.

JY-ZZ were very awkward with each other during photo shot, you can see it clearly in BTS. There was a time when after JY took pictures that ZZ asked "Are you alright?" and JY just kind of ignored him XD

- building shared experiences. The awkwardness would dissipate with time and interactions. People who are stuck at this stage for one or another reasons are the ones we call as "acquaintances". I know him/her, he's/she's okay but I do not trust him/her enough. People who pass go to the next level in our social circle.

Now, this is the most important stage and the most mysterious one. We do not know what had happened during this time, only small bits (CJD forced them to share a room). But something (or many things) had happened during this stage which bonded JY-ZZ and brought them to the next stage. I really want to know what had happened, please release Addicted the reality show, CJD!

- friendship. As the result of their shared experiences, they had become friends. At the same time, they kept on collecting shared experiences, making their friendship even stronger. Many "regular" friendships usually stop here. At this stage, usually people would consider the other party as someone they know, have good relationship and trust to certain extent.

- intimate. However, in some cases, friendship evolves into something more: a deeper, stronger bond. It involves intimacy, as in "I open my heart for you, you open yours for me". It usually involve deep emotional but non-sexual attachment. Indeed, usually sexual relationship is branched out differently from the friendship stage. So, if you are already at intimate level without sexual contact, you have been eternally "friend-zoned"  

On the case of JY-ZZ, their friendship grew intimate because of something we (also!) do not know. We can only see the signs of their deep relationship on the BTS: how these boys were very comfortable near each other, horsing around, even (quoting JY in his interview) their minds got "synchronised".

- sexual. The other branch of "advanced friendship". I believe you can go to acquaintances -> sexual or friendship -> sexual. But, usually not intimate -> sexual. As I have said, usually people have to choose the "intimate route" to be BFF or the "sexual route" of lovers.

On JY-ZZ's case, however, I believe they developed both intimacy and sexual relationships thanks to the nature of GH-BLY's relationship. So, in other words, if JY-ZZ were playing other roles, they would end up as great friends but might on totally platonic relationship (like Clooney-Pitt). BUT since they were playing GH-BLY and had to be in (limited) sexual contacts, they also unwittingly developed sexual attractions to each other. From BTS videos, we can see that this sexual tension was very overwhelming to the point of they were losing themselves when acting the bed scenes. JY even openly admitted than once he pounced on ZZ, he forgot the lines.

This rare combination of intimate/sexual relationship between JY-ZZ translated into "chemistry" we see between them, where simple gestures show multitude of meanings: comfort, care, friendship, sexual desire etc.

Now, applying the above to the circumstances in China gives us (and the boys) further complication:

- at first period (promoting Addicted until the fan meeting): JY-ZZ could act as they wished, the more they expressed the deep bond between them, the better because BL fans would interpret that as sexual tensions. That is why we see them were very touchy-feely even used suggestive remarks, like ZZ said "Guess?" when the interviewer at NetEase asked about his sexuality. It was the period when their personal relationship and fan service went along just fine.

- at second period (after the fan meeting until Franco-Sino party): because of the uncertainty and hostile environment, I think, they were actively trying to suppress any meaningful interactions between them. The last time they were being carefree was at Femina. After that? Zip. Nil. No display of affections at all. Even on an interview (forgot which), when ZZ was holding the mic, JY at first reached out to hold the mic as well. But when he touched ZZ's fingers, he hastily let the mic go. Very much in contrast with previous interviews, when he casually held ZZ's fingers and the mic.

I personally saw JY closing himself more than ZZ. Interestingly, at this period, JY was visibly looked very stressed to the point of losing weight, glum expression, etc. ZZ? He sang Ten Years. That was the expression of his stress, in my opinion. If you take a look, the song's lyrics really reflect their circumstances: they had been strangers, then grew close, then the reason for their closeness (Addicted) was gone. ZZ, you broke my heart by singing that song! :tears:

- at third period (Franco-Sino party until Now*?)

Anyway, the separation as in Ten Years did not happen. Instead, JY-ZZ were actively working together in various projects. Of course, none were requiring them to be as sexual as in Addicted but in my opinion, this is where their intimacy shine! 

Considering the circumstances in China, the safest bet for JY and ZZ at most is to portray themselves as friends. More than that is suicide. They did try (are still trying?) to do that but at times, we saw bursts of (subconscious) gestures of affections from both of them. These gestures of affections were less frequent than during the first period and maybe less sexual (no suggestive/ambiguous remark**) but for me, as intimate as ever. We have discussed these gestures here, starting from how they look at each other, how their spines curved inward, how they leaned to each other, shoulders brushing each other, etc.

My two personal favourite: Men's UNO QA and ELLEMEN promo vid.

While Men's UNO promotional videos are hot to the max, I personally value the interview more because the boys' reactions there are more natural. For example, when ZZ was explaining about a gamer he likes in LOL, JY snapped his head so fast from reading a question card to looking at ZZ and he even said, "What is that, I don't understand!" but his expression was not of curiosity which somehow made ZZ looked sheepish and quickly diverted JY's attention to the next question. See the vid (2:17). I'd say that JY was upset/jealous? :P 

Reveal hidden contents

On ELLEMEN promo vid, there is that three-seconds of affection, where JY pulled ZZ in a hug and suddenly, JY subconsciously smiled. Yeah, no more than friends ;) 

*Although sensing that Johnny sang the sad song as important in JY's personal life and his relationship with ZZ but I am still not completely sure whether we can use it as another periodic milestone (so the third period end with that song and the fourth began after). Let us wait and see for more interactions. Really hoping for the Happy Camp, Thailand fan meeting and Amazing Race, here! God, please make JY-ZZ pairs in Amazing Race!

**at this period, both JY and ZZ repeatedly being asked about their sexuality and type of ideal woman/girl. They, unlike at the first period, confirm their straight orientation and provide more structured answers on type of ideal woman/girl. Before, they -especially ZZ, were being ambiguous and their ideal types were different from one interview to another. I still believe that these are more of fan service/protecting themselves, though. The only ambiguous/suggestive behaviour is Johnny's posting the bent pipe photo, which interestingly is not deleted from ZZ's weibo?

What is next?

Honestly, I do not know. With the pressures, schemes and all, anything could happen. The FB scandal and JY-ZZ's exchanges at weibo yesterday just part of surprises known to us. Who know what is happening behind the screen, on their real life? But what does not kill you, makes you stronger. So, as always, I am hoping for the best to JY and ZZ, may they found the true happiness and may they always cherish the rare bond that they have.

OMG this anylysis is gold!!

LET ME LOVE YOUU!!! :heart:

tgyPqGF.gif

• Like 11

Many forummers have shared this video earlier today. I thought of translating this for the rest who do not speak Mandarin. Here goes. Hope my translation is good enough for you to feel the love story. :P 

Title: 全世界都不如我 I am better than the world

Verse 1:

一個名 是我初見你恣意潦草的筆跡

One name, my first encounter with your unkempt handwriting

是自修課餘故意縫補的校衣

The uniform I deliberately stitched during our self-study

我有病 你醫

I’m ill, you’re the cure

一首歌 是你誤解我耳聞窗檯傳來的暖音

One song, you mistook as the tender voice from the window to my ears 

任時光匆匆流去 我只在乎你

No matter how time flies by, I only care about you

一封信 是你寫給他 他寫給她的鬧劇

One letter, is a dramedy you wrote for him, he wrote for her

是我來你去 籃球地上的推擠

It’s our tug of war at basketball

心疼你 不停

My concern for you, never stops

一段情 是偶爾誤會 偶爾甜蜜 袒露的表情

One romance, sometimes confused, sometimes sweet, we expressed freely

具象說今天是雨 明天又是晴

It’s like saying today is rainy, and tomorrow’s clear again

Chorus:

任誰都拉也拉不開的親密

No matter, it can't pull apart our closeness

怎知你不經意俘虜我的心

Who knew when you got my heart?

起點是一層關心 最後一心一意

You started with concern, and now you love me with an unwavering heart

原諒我否定這無解的問題

Forgive me for rejecting this unanswerable question

正是這愛也愛不到的默契

For it’s precisely the mutual understanding of our forbidden love

成就我親手綁架你的遊戲

that cause me to stage a game of kidnap

無聊時渾話兩句 有時處心勾引

A few shameless tease when we are bored, and intentional advances for attention

全世界的感情 都不如我懂你

For all the love in this world, no one knows you more than me

<Line from the TV series: Bai Luoyin, why do I like you so much?>

Verse 2 

一顆心 是離去前 你為我下廚的用心

One heart, the effort you took to prepare a meal for me before you leave

是明知道我不能感受 卻故意留下的 證據

knowing that I am unable to sense, and yet you leave a trace for me

一種病 是渾噩爾後 卻被敷衍 滿世界找尋

One illness, after listless years of lame excuses, I travelled the world to find you

命運曾支撐著我 就差一點放棄

Fate has once supported me, just a step from surrendering

Chorus:

任誰都拉也拉不開的親密

No matter, it can't pull apart our closeness

怎知你不經意俘虜我的心

Who knew when you got my heart?

起點是一層關心 最後一心一意

You started with concern, and now you love me with an unwavering heart

原諒我否定這無解的問題

Forgive me for rejecting this unanswerable question

正是這愛也愛不到的默契

For it’s precisely the mutual understanding of our forbidden love

成就我親手綁架你的遊戲

that cause me to stage a game of kidnap

無聊時渾話兩句 有時處心勾引

A few shameless tease when we are bored, and intentional advances for attention

全世界的感情 都不如我懂你

For all the love in this world, no one knows you more than me

(Bridge)

曾想過 我的眾叛親離 是你導演的前戲

I thought of the fight against my family, it's a prequel to your main directing

尊嚴卻一敗塗地 全世界還有什麼能比你

My dignity utterly destroyed, but how in the world can that compare with you?

Chorus 2/ Outro:

任死都扒也扒不開的距離

A distance that cannot be stretched even with death

卻是你親手埋葬我的秘密

Yet you buried my secret with your own hands

看著你跪在原地 雙手鮮血欲滴

Seeing you kneeling at the scene, fresh blood covered your hands

在最該挺身的時候 我昏迷

When you needed me the most, I laid unconscious

這泥濘淖也淖不開的分離

A separation that cannot be patched away with earth

都是我後知不後覺的頻率

A beat I intuitively know but have not figured

上萬盞霓虹燈影 照亮你的飛行

Ten thousand neon lights, I guide you flying

全世界的感情 都不如我愛你

For all the love in this world, no one loves you more than me

• Like 15

2 hours ago, tea4two said:

Sohu just posted some photos of JY, this was from a photoshoot couple of days ago.  ZZ, your hubby is looking so hot in these!

Hidden Content

JY looks funny like a monkey in this pic... So cute <3

6de39d21jw1f26j71co1hj20rs0rsdmr.jpg

(Credit: SohoTV, weibo)

• Like 12