3 hours ago, thoron said:

ZZ likes Death Metal

and

Johnny likes Taylor Swift (not 100% sure hehe)

But No Judgement from me. :PMusical Taste is not an EXACT character barometer. Its a matter of preference, i guess. I personally like OLD SONGS waay beyond my years, even my parents are annoyed.

You're right in that you can't always use musical interests to know a person. There may be one genre someone 'projects' more as an 'image' of themselves, but most people I know enjoy a variety of styles.If anyone saw my music collection, they would think I'm schizophrenic :lol:  Shinhwa, U2, Depeche Mode, Concrete Blond, Sting, Randy Travis, Garth Brooks, Kenny Chesney, Pink Floyd and Rehab (thanks to my fiance) , classical, gospel, pop, metal, rap - a little bit of everything depending on my mood. But there are certain styles I only listen to when alone - mainly because it's my guilty pleasure and I don't want to hear what others would say about my listening to it. 

(I'm the same with the 'old songs.' I know more of the music from my parent's generation than they do! :))

• Like 5

On 3/1/2016 at 9:20 PM, Chino Yap said:

So, I finished reading the whole thread before creating an account specifically for this. I wanna thank those people who contributed to the translation of snippets from the novel, and to those fanfics. Love lots :)

P.S. If you're familiar with the song Wild of Troye Sivan, I think GuHai can relate :D

Yes omg  i was think of that song for bly and guhai when he finally drive him wild

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gashupingo said:

I'm interested to know which BTS moments, do you remember?

I really don't remember exact things. I guess it was more of a general impression of things (since subs can only give us non-Chinese speakers so much) - tone of voice, body language, little things like that. And there is the scene in the story where GH tries to lie about his birthday so he can be the 'older brother.' I took what I know of Korean culture and transferred it to Chinese culture, I guess, knowing how much influence the Chinese dynasties had on Goryeo/Joseon/Korea over the centuries. My mistake.

I really do appreciate the information from you. That's one of the things I love about this thread - learning more about other cultures I really don't know much about. Thank You!  :wub:

• Like 1

Now that I think of it (I mean, now that you mentioned it), the whole Blue Neighbourhood album by Troye Sivan could be used to describe GH, BLY and their relationship

for example this part of Talk Me Down reminds me of the whole aftermath of the SH drama after the second kidnapping:

I wanna sleep next to you
But that's all I wanna do right now
And I wanna come home to you
But home is just a room full of my safest sounds
Cause you know that I can't trust myself with my 3AM shadow
I'd rather fuel a fantasy than deal with this alone

I wanna sleep next to you
But that's all I wanna do right now
So come over now and talk me down

or in Fools (basically the whole song can describe their feelings and doubts and wishes at certain points in their relationship):

I see swimming pools and living rooms and aeroplanes
I see a little house on the hill and children's names
I see quiet nights poured over ice and Tanqueray
But everything is shattering and it's my mistake

Only fools fall for you, only fools
Only fools do what I do, only fools fall
Only fools fall for you, only fools
Only fools do what I do, only fools fall

Oh, our lives don't collide, I'm aware of this
The differences and impulses and your obsession with
The little things, you like stick, and I like aerosol
I don't give a richard simmons, I'm not giving up, I still want it all

Only fools fall for you

Wild is not only a song about Gu Hai, but about their whole relationship, I mean, kissing up on fences and up on walls? Remember when they ditched school and basically did exactly that? And how they're both driven wild by each other, both are drowning in each other's hands:

Trying hard not to fall
On the way home
You were trying to wear me down, down
Kissing up on fences
And up on walls
On the way home
I guess it's all working out, now

'Cause there's still too long to the weekend
Too long till I drown in your hands
Too long since I've been a fool, oh

Leave this blue neighbourhood
Never knew loving could hurt this good, oh
And it drives me wild

What about when they ran away from GH's father? That's so Youth:

What if
What if we run away
What if
What if we left today
What if
We said goodbye to safe and sound
What if
What if we're hard to find
What if
What if we lost our minds
What if
We let them fall behind, and they're never found

And when the lights start flashing like a photo booth
And the stars exploding
We'll be fireproof

My youth
My youth is yours
Trippin' on skies, sippin' waterfalls
My youth
My youth is yours
Run away now and forevermore
My youth
My youth is yours
The truth so loud you can't ignore
My youth, my youth, my youth
My youth is yours

Bite, another one that could be used to describe their whole relationship and their passion and their feelings for one another (and also, it reminds me of the proposal and how BLY bit GH's neck):

Kiss me on the mouth and set me free
Sing me like a choir
I can be the subject of your dreams
Your sickening desire
Don't you want to see a man up close?
A phoenix in the fire

So kiss me on the mouth and set me free
But please don't bite

You can coax the cold right out of me
Drape me in your warmth
The rapture in the dark puts me at ease
The blind eye of the storm
Let's go for a walk down Easy Street
Where you can be reborn

And kiss me on the mouth and set me free
But please, don't bite

Aah, I'm pulling on your heart to push my luck
Aah, cause who's got any time for growin' up?
Kiss me on the mouth... free
Kiss me on the mouth... free
Kiss me, kiss me on the mouth and set me free

Ease, describes the longing they felt for each other when they were apart (other parts of the song work for other aspects of their life too):

Take me back to the basics and the simple life
Tell me all of the things that make you feel at ease
Your touch, my comfort, and my lullaby
Holdin' on tight and sleepin' at night

When they met after 8 years reminds me of The Quiet:

This separation,
time and space between us
For some revelation
You didn't care to discuss
I'd rather be black and blue
Than accept that you withdrew

Aaah, just tell me
Say anything
Anything hurts less than the quiet
Just tell me
Say anything
Anything hurts less than the quiet

Used to give each other the world, every bit
I used to be the one you'd come to
When it'd all go to richard simmons
Now I'm left here in the dust
With the taste of broken trust

for him. represents how their feelings don't need words (reminds me of BLY when he couldn't say 'I love you' back to GH and he asked him why he needs to ask that when he already knows) and the 'not everyone sees' part talks about some of their friends, family, people around them not being able to accept their relationship completely but they don't need them to accept them cause they only need each other's love:

We are runnin' so fast
And we never look back
And whatever I lack, you make up
We make a really good team
Though not everyone sees
We got this crazy chemistry
Between us

Jump starting your car 'cause this city's a bore
Buying e-cigarettes at the convenience store
Making new clichés on our own little tour
Let's ride

You don't have to say I love you to say I love you
Forget all the shooting stars and all the silver moons
We've been making shades of purple out of red and blue
Sickeningly sweet like honey, don't need money
All I need is you
All I need is you, you

In conclusion: TROYE SIVAN SHOULD FEATURE ON THE SOUNDTRACK IN SEASON TWO (JUST IMAGINE A SONG FEATURING HIM, JOHNNY AND TIMMY) :w00t:

edit: I DON'T GIVE A RICHARD SIMMONS! HAHAHA I LOVE IT, I FORGOT ABOUT CURSE WORDS BEING REPLACED BY RICHARD SIMMONS :D

• Like 14

CALLING THE CONSPIRACY THEORY SQUAD!!!

A request for someone who deals better with technology than I do...

Ep 11, the kidnapping - when GH kisses BLY the first time

Is someone able to slow those 2-5 seconds down and verify something for me? Watching that cut, I get the distinct impression that in the first moments BLY (actually ZZ) starts to pucker his lips for a second before he purses his lips to try to get away. I'm probably seeing things and am making too much out of the way the human body moves, but you guys have warped my mind. :P

It may be in one of the clips or FMV's and not the actual episode cut that I remember seeing it more clearly.

• Like 15

Hi fellow Addicts,

I'm the new lurker turned poster here. Been lurking on Soompi for almost 10 years now but never felt the need to create an account (I have read and only shipped fictional characters alone and only here occasionally for info). I didn't feel like I needed to share with someone but maybe I'm getting old. So here am I.

At first I wasn't interested in the series. I found the boys average looking most of the time so I was bewildered as to why they are so popular (to be fair, they look nice in interviews). Finally one day I was bored so I decided to give Addicted another try and it grew on me. I proceeded to read the novel and liked a fanpage on FB; btw, I maintain that the novel is silly. By that time, I was still uninterested in the actors and got bored with said fanpage when they kept updating the duo's interviews and photoshoots. Boom, things changed, when that incidence with the bent pole happened. I started to go through their BTS and interviews with a conscious mind and so many interpretations sprang up in my mind that I was quite at a loss. I'd like to believe that JY actually has a pansexual affection for ZZ, but at the same time I was divided about ZZ's personality. Was he the truly kind one or was he manipulative? I saw some speculations that JY was totally straight and it was ZZ who tried to pull him into fanservice cutesy acts, initiating contact and creating intimate atmosphere, saying things like "Considerate like you" when asked about his ideal type and stuff. I hadn't watched much of them so I got confused and decided to go to Soompi to check. First thing I read was the fan account of the meeting with JY and ZZ, which set my mind at ease regarding ZZ's true nature. I don't believe he's a conniving person, while he can be clever at times. 

It didn't stop there. The more interviews I watched of JY, the more likeable he was. At this point, he has become some sort of a kindred spirit to me, if the YuZhou speculation is true. I'm pansexual so I'm happy to see others experience this kind of love. Actually, I'd like to say, Spectrum for sexuality - Plato for love. I had been struggling a bit with my life path; being a visionary strategist made me a bit obsessed with planning and put me at odds with my aspiration for freedom. So when I got to know the kind of person JY is and know more about how he interacted with others, I can't help but find him so very endearing, the freedom he exudes in his mind, emotion and spirit. The fact that he's quiet and serious to strangers; that he takes his work seriously; that he's loyal to his friends, add layers to his personality. He's at the same time simple and complex. A clueless child, a vigilant solitary wolf, a wanderer of no fixed abode. He does what he wants spontaneously. I still think his frame of mind is in the right place; even though he had been stressed out, this phase will pass and he would still be able to uphold that vision of how he wants his life to be, wandering the world, leading a self-reliant life. It doesn't matter if he doesn't take the opportunity to be big in entertainment industry. 

Another thing, to me these guys are very natural. They don't do the fluffy over the top fanservice. They behave like how straight guys would most of the time. But what was said here about instantaneous microexpression that establishes the different mood is very enlightening. No wonder how they manage to behave manly but affectionately at the same time.

To end this post, I'd like to say Happy 300th page (though it's like 307th already). Thank you to all the posters who have shared their resources, love and intellect regarding the YuZhou conspiracy. I find the microexpression analysis highly interesting, entertaining and thoughtful. This thread really has very agreeable ambiance. Please keep up the good work.

Edited by LenvievLR
  • Like 24

2 hours ago, fingersandpaws said:

New MQQ chapter! Read ch.80 when YM and YQ visit BLY's house here.

The drama did not show the ruckus YQ had created when he went to look for YM to ask him about BLY's absence from school.

Reveal hidden contents

Helpless, YQ rushed to YM’s class once the class had ended.

“Wow! Wow! ……”

Waves of screams sounded when YQ arrived. People rushed out of their classes to see what the commotion was and nothing could be seen other than people. In a flash, the whole floor was bustling with noise, admirations and praises by the female students were mixed with despise and abuses hurled by the male students.

YQ walked like a model towards YM’s class with both hands in his pockets, very used to being in the centre of attention.

YQ asked a girl, “Is YM in?”

The girl opened her mouth excitedly and rushed into the classroom, she then grabbed and dragged YM out.

“Here he is.” The girl smiled sweetly.

YQ gave a simple thank you and pulled YM towards the stairs.

“I was wondering what had caused the commotion outside and turns out it was because you came here!” YM yawned.

YQ shed his cool expression and looked anxiously at YM.

“Where did BLY go?”

“Yinzi?” YM paused for a while, “He didn’t attend class?”

“He didn’t come for two days, don’t you know?”

YM shook his head, “I didn’t know! It’s been so long since I’ve been to his house.”

“Then let’s go visit him together after school!

YM hesitated for a while.

“I remembered that you stay in the school dormitory and there is curfew? Why don’t we wait a little longer? He may turn up tomorrow? If he still doesn’t show, we’ll visit him on Sunday.”

“Let’s not wait till Sunday, let’s go today.” YQ had pulled on YM’s shirt till it was crumpled.

YM gave YQ an onceover, looking confused, “Why are you so anxious? He merely took two days leave, if anything was wrong, someone would have come to collect his things already.”

“You’re the one who’s too calm!” YQ pointed at YM’s head, “I still thought that you cared about others, who would have thought otherwise; you’re only like this!”

YQ left immediately after finishing his sentence, looking glum.

Seeing YQ’s leaving back figure, YM mumbled, “Is he crazy?”

When he turned to leave, he collided into a human wall made up of female students…

At BLY's house......

Reveal hidden contents

YM loitered outside for quite some time before entering BLY’s house eventually.

YQ followed close behind.

Bai Han Qi (BHQ), BLY’s father, saw YM and shouted warmly, “Big damsel! Why haven’t you come to our house to play these few days?”

YQ heard the words “big damsel” and snickered; he finally knew why YM wouldn’t let him follow him for he couldn’t afford anyone knowing that he had this nickname!

YM heard the laughers behind and couldn’t help but shiver; he turned to look and paled.

“You……Why did you follow me here?”

“If I didn’t follow you here, how would I have known your father calls you a damsel?”

“This isn’t my father.” YM awkwardly replied, “This is BLY’s father.”

“Huh?” YQ was surprised, “Hello uncle.”

BHQ smiled at YQ, “You’re also BLY’s classmate right? This lad looks really bright!”

YQ smiled, embarrassed, while YM was rolling his eyes at the side

“Uncle, where’s BLY?”

BHQ replied, “He’s sleeping!”

YQ looked at his watch; it’s just past seven, “He’s asleep already when it’s so early?”

“He only just went to bed this morning, he should be waking up now.”

His day and night have been reversed…… YQ probed, “Is he sick?”

“He’s not sick; he’s just sleepy and doesn’t want to get out of bed.”

This father…… is so open-minded! Just because the son is sleepy, he’s allowed to skip school; YQ was both envious and jealous.

What's really confusing for me when I watched the drama was that YM had said in ep.11 (which corresponds to this chapter that I translated) that he can't leave the school as he stays in the dormitory. However, BLY later told YM that YQ cannot leave school to harasses him as he was staying in the dormitory. I'm starting to realise that the whole swapping classes thingy had really limited YM and YQ's interactions screentime in the drama...... :(

thank you!!!! I allways like when I reed something about YQ x YM relationship XD 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, ayasdai said:

Here is the interview with Timmy with eng sub, where he says he is straight: a steel pipe that only can break but can't be bend. 

Maybe @sohocomo can give us a nice analysis why is he touching nervously his ears while saying that :w00t:

A quick quote I found:

"Signs of Lying in Body Language
The following are the most common body language signs of lying. All of them could also mean disagreeing with what you are saying, or simply being insincere with you. Interpret them in context with other gestures to confirm or deny your suspicions./.../

Grabbing One’s Ear
When a little child hears something that she doesn’t like, she covers both her ears as if to prevent herself from hearing the sound. Adults are more conscious about what they do with their body, so instead of obvious ear covering gestures, they could quickly touch the earlobe, or rub the back of the ear, or even screw back and forth the inside of the ear.
If you were speaking and the person verbally agrees with what you say, but at the same time does the ear touching gesture, it probably means that he is not sincere with you. /.../"

• Like 11

11 minutes ago, clon_105 said:

thank you!!!! I allways like when I reed something about YQ x YM relationship XD 

Can we all just agree that those 2 cuties absolutely deserve their own book/spin-off? I want to read more about their blossoming relationship! CJD just gave us a little snippet, a preview and we (I) need more!! Who's with me??? :w00t:

• Like 14

19 minutes ago, Ariodante said:

A quick quote I found:

"Signs of Lying in Body Language
The following are the most common body language signs of lying. All of them could also mean disagreeing with what you are saying, or simply being insincere with you. Interpret them in context with other gestures to confirm or deny your suspicions./.../

Grabbing One’s Ear
When a little child hears something that she doesn’t like, she covers both her ears as if to prevent herself from hearing the sound. Adults are more conscious about what they do with their body, so instead of obvious ear covering gestures, they could quickly touch the earlobe, or rub the back of the ear, or even screw back and forth the inside of the ear.
If you were speaking and the person verbally agrees with what you say, but at the same time does the ear touching gesture, it probably means that he is not sincere with you. /.../"

Thanks for this :)

"...or even screw back and forth the inside of the ear" Exactly what ZZ is doing :w00t:

• Like 7

3 hours ago, abbraccio91 said:

Update: Johnny has sprained his hand. (Read this on Instagram, I'm not sure it's a 100% true news).

Even JY must seek medical attention from time to time *sad face* Hope it's a minor injury, if confirmed

11313078_593658314132257_533152541835871

Thst could be him - red sneakers! 

(credit on pic)

@sohocomo I went back and slowed down the Youtube video :). However I did not see any puckering - he stayed true to his character hehehe

@Ariodante lol I had burst out laughing when I read the title of your post :D! What you said is true. Zhouzhou is probably uncomfortable with the new revelation that the series blessed him with regarding intimacy and romantic feelings towards the same sex. We have proof that he does to some extent have adoring feelings towards Jing Yu. If in fact this is first time where he has encountered having feelings for another male then this in and of itself is something he'll have to figure out. In the interviews where he says he is straight I wouldn't put it to the extent of him lying because there are many variables to what may be happening inside of him. Also as @gayyoxx mentioned it may just be the politically correct thing to say in an interview over there. What I do see from him is becoming flustered when the topic of intimacy comes up. Note that unlike Jing Yu when asked about his ideal he, in some views, specified a gender. There is a reason for him doing that and I think it also has to do with how he copes to whatever he has discovered about himself during the filming of Addicted. 

It could be that he does not want to put in the a box. By now I am sure everyone knows that I do not particularly like labels/boxes of any kind. people are people, they are different and that includes the variables that play a part into who we are attracted to and in general the choices that we make. While we may have in common with others regarding who we are attracted to and choices we make the variables that play into making those similar choices may be different.

An interesting side note which I forgot to mention regarding that vid @ayasdai posted. Not only does he fold his legs, his grounded foot turns away from the interviewer. On top of that he touched his lips when addressing the question. Sooooooo :phew: variables, variables... We'll continue to see. I hope that in it all they will continue to be comfortable for filming season 2 since more hot action is expected for that filming. So hope fans will give them space in that department especially for Weizhou because I don't think Jing Yu is fazed easily about this stuff.

• Like 16

HOLD THE richard simmons UP HAVE I BEEN WATCHING THE CENSORED VERSION THIS WHOLE DAMN TIME?!

CAUSE I JUST FINISHED WATCHING THE LAST EPISODE AND I'M LIKE WTF HOW DID THEY GET INTO THE CAR SCENE AND THEN IT TRANSITIONS TO GU BEING SWEATY WTF

jonny_zpsc73391c5.png

THIS IS SOME BS OMG 

SOMEONE SHOULD JUST POST A COMPILATION OF THE UNCUT SCENES I DON'T WANNA SEE IT AGAIN

DO WE KNOW IF THIS IS GETTING A SECOND SEASON THEY CAN'T LEAVE US WITH THAT DAMN CLIFFHANGER

jonny_zpsc73391c5.png

According to some people, they said that the producers of Addicted and the actors are going to move to Taiwan [I believe] to record the season 2, let's hope it's real. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/k...

OMG NOW WAIT JUST A DAMN MINUTE

jonny_zpsc73391c5.png

Edited by dignity1
  • Like 4

On 3/19/2016 at 10:49 AM, skeletonworks said:

JOHNNY ALSO LIKES JUSTIN BIEBER :phew:

He follows him on his instagram...

AND DO NOT LOOK AT WHO ELSE HE FOLLOWS ON HIS INSTAGRAM BECAUSE YOUR SHIP MIGHT BE RUINED.....

Let's just stay in this #YuZhou land where there's rainbow and unicorns everywhere....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I should have heed your warning but then I got curious and... and... :confounded:

My ship is ruined and it's sinking right now.... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

56167-it-s-ruined.gif

23 hours ago, samscheetah said:

I'M DEAd

MOD EDIT: Please do not quote images, gifs, and videos

(Let me quote this gif, mods. Or else the sentence below wouldn't make any sense)

Is that L.A. Noire? :w00t: Kyaaa! I LOVE THAT!!! It makes me want to play the game again. It's been a loooong time since I last played that game. :wub:

• Like 3