I can't believe I created an account just to comment here but this Web drama gave me way too many feelings to handle them on my own lol 

Hello y'all guys.. newbie here and already watched this series only one night !!! Gosh yes this series really addicted and I just found this thread (forum) and i must read starting page 1. (Now currently at page 15 so far ) wait for me till page 190... i want to skip till this page but i cant, i want to read page by page. 

Edited by ryan88
  • Like 16

Guest skeletonworks
32 minutes ago, chistarr said:

Isn't seme simply the one who tops? That's different from the one who is dominant… although, from all the yaoi i have read and seen, usually the seme is the dominant one. In this case, BLY might be the more dominant and GH is willing to submit….someone actually said this earlier which I thought was quite accurate, GH is a masochistic top while BLY is maybe more of a sadistic bottom…. yes? no? anyone?

Me! Me! I said that hahahahahahaha. Luoyin is more of a controlling wifey hahaha. He decides what's going on in the household, manage the family expenditure because Guhai is too impulsive! Spent money like nobody's business. Like when he's jealous and spent all the money given by Guyang to buy couple stuffs for him and Luoyin.... He's just unreasonable and need to be controlled by someone! And that someone is Bai Luoyin!!!

34 minutes ago, chistarr said:

Isn't seme simply the one who tops? That's different from the one who is dominant… although, from all the yaoi i have read and seen, usually the seme is the dominant one. In this case, BLY might be the more dominant and GH is willing to submit….someone actually said this earlier which I thought was quite accurate, GH is a masochistic top while BLY is maybe more of a sadistic bottom…. yes? no? anyone?

I love those terms...masochistic top and sadistic bottom...describes Haiyin perfectly.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, chistarr said:

I think you got it reversed, masochistic top would mean what GH would like pain being inflicted on him while he tops while BLY would enjoy inflicting pain on GH while he bottoms, unless that's what you mean... But I don't think BLY enjoys pain at all, he's scared of having sex with GH, ex. when he finds GH reading all those karma sutra books. GH on the other hand, I wouldn't classify him as sadistic, he wants BLY to feel good in bed hence why all the book reading, plus there's no whips involved as far as I know. I think earlier on in their relationship GH was more dominant simply because BLY couldn't come to terms that he liked another man. After the eight years though, BLY is ready to pounce on GH at any given chance aha. 

8 minutes ago, dokiedokie said:

LOL but there are versatile role too right? which means can become top or bottom?
I think they just being flexible! They fill each other's needs

I would hope to think that they are versatile in some ways but the only times BLY tops GH is when GH lets him because it's payback for what GH did to BLY. Obviously CJD didn't write all the sex they had together but, most of the times GH would be on top, but it seems like after the eight years of seperation there was a power shift in the relationship. Where BLY was the one chasing after GH, and initiating sexual activity, from what I read from translated snippets by @mchansk07. There was also something about BLY getting stronger in the army so he could beat GH in wrestling after the eight years apart, I mean, whoever wins the wrestling match gets to be on top right? It's up to the readers' imaginations. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, BLFANS said:

Chen Wen (plays Yang Meng) accident in Shang Hai :o

I hope he's ok but the accident happened this morning and knees are injured, he cant move his arms :tears:

Hidden Content

Oh man oh man, I hope he's okay. Those look ugh

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, chistarr said:

Uh.. Actually, guhai is a dominant top. A pure top, but due to his love for bly, he lets bly top him. But to me no doubt he is a pure top. For bly, he is not a bottom. Ever heard of flexible? Bly is flex, but judging from his character, is a flex top. Means he can do both, but he prefers to be in the top position. But due to guhai dominating character, he had to be the bottom in this relationship. Although he gets to top guhai at times, only bcoz guhai lets him. But if bly is with other person who has less stronger character than him (someone like yangmeng and even youqi), he would be the top for sure. 

:phew:

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, yureino said:

Can you remind me again how the main character fell in love w/ each other? (Sorry it didnt bother me to understand the whole story as it didnt feel that good). All i know was the other guy gf left him for the other rich guy and then when he hit his head with the brick (what the heck is that?) and the crazy guy beside him that time acted horribly, it gave me my 1st red flag lol.

My Counterattack novel / drama spoiler. My explanation is kind of long because I wanted to mention a lot of stuff from the novel that isn't explained in the drama. The last paragraph is why I think they fell in love, the rest is back story.

Spoiler

Okay... I've kind of wanted to discuss this anyway. Keep in mind I've only read what's been translated of the novel, which is about 40+ chapters, and I haven't fully watched the uncut episodes because they're not translated yet. In fact, I didn't like the first couple chapters of the novel so I decided to just watch the drama and then went back a couple weeks ago and read everything.

They left a lot of this out from the novel, the brick thing confused the heck out of me too.

The girl dumped the poor boy, they'd been together for 7 years. She said he had gotten fat, was stingy and had no job prospects. So he tried to make her stay by hitting himself with a brick, so she'd feel sorry for him and take care of him. She had to take him to a hospital, how he met the doctor. While he was recovering he lost weight, when he had recovered he went to the girl again, she says no, he hits with brick, he ends up back at the hospital, this repeated a couple more times. End result: his head was now super strong from all the bricks. I also think he'd caused himself brain damage, it would explain some of the choices he makes later... He also quit his job because his boss insulted him. It took him like 6 months to accept their break up. Which is when he decided to change his name to something that means 'it doesn't matter'. None of this is in the drama.

The girl, by the way, dated another guy between the poor guy and the rich guy in the book. I assume he's the guy you don't see, who's driving the car in episode 1 or 2, when she talks to the poor guy. Middle guy is wealthy, but unattractive, etc. He annoyed rich guy and rich guy might have caused him to be in a car accident, I'm still not sure on this. The girl fell in lust with rich guy right away, this appears to have happened minus the car accident in the uncut scenes but I'm still waiting on those translations. So the girl pursues the rich guy and gets him. In the novel the rich guy isn't gay, he's bi. In the drama I felt he'd never slept with the girl, he did in the novel. He'll sleep with almost anyone and is insanely good at it because of all his practice.

I understand it would have been hard to do in the drama but I feel I need to mention that the rich guy had a giant snake with him a lot of the time, it's the only one his father didn't confiscate trying to make him behave, mainly because it's always with him.

The poor guy tries all sorts of things to make money, each time crossing paths with the rich guy and annoying him. The rich guy did all sorts of things in the novel which would have made any normal person avoid him, who cares if he's dating the person who ripped your heart out. EX: poor guy tried to become a pick pocket, tried to pick rich guy's pocket, end result: rich guy basically imprisoned him until he helped him catch more thieves to look good at the police headquarters. Things happen and the rich guy let's him out early and gives him money. This also resulted in him over hearing his mother saying nice stuff about him, he'd bought her stuff from the money but she thought he'd earned it at his job, so he decided to give up criminal ideas to make money because he felt guilty.

In the novel the doctor helps him get a job as a driver, but poor guy is actually color blind and accidentally runs a red light and who catches him but rich guy, this is how he finds out the girl is now dating the rich guy. She'd come to visit him at work, but didn't see poor guy. So he plots with the doctor, who admitted to being gay, on how to seduce the rich guy, cause them to break up, and then dump the rich guy. This is where I say he's got brain damage, does he really think if he gets this guy who basically imprisoned him at one point won't react badly to this and will just let him go?

Why I think they fell in love: The poor guy has two things going for him, he's got these huge innocent eyes and the perfect behind. Those huge innocent looking eyes are what causes the rich guy to sometimes be nice to the poor guy, because how could a bad person have eyes like that? Rich guy falls for poor guy because he perceives him to be a better person than he is. I actually feel that he was the good person the rich guy thinks he is before the girl dumped him and warped his personality. The rich guy sees the poor guy also as someone similar to his ex-boyfriend, the only lover he's loved. His ex had cheated on him with his best friend, the guy with the stupid ponytail. The poor guy relates to this heart ache because he starts to feel like he and the rich guy are similar. And as I said, rich guy is supposed to be an insanely good lover... 

• Like 6

12835031_1766683410226074_980591358_n.jp

Folks! Can we just take a moment to appreciate this pic? >"< Can y'all imagine this happens at your next door yard, or at a random car wash? TTvTT I'll be mental, or dead XD

9 minutes ago, BLFANS said:

Chen Wen (plays Yang Meng) accident in Shang Hai :o

I hope he's ok but the accident happened this morning and knees are injured, he cant move his arms :tears:

Hidden Content

oh dear, hope he's ok. That hurts ỌAỌ

• Like 8

Im too bored....i wish S2 releases early...my head hurts bcz thres nothing new that intrests me to watch....CJD should write her novels in english so i can spend some time reading it while waiting for S2...

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, leemicho said:

I think you got it reversed, masochistic top would mean what GH would like pain being inflicted on him while he tops while BLY would enjoy inflicting pain on GH while he bottoms, unless that's what you mean... But I don't think BLY enjoys pain at all, he's scared of having sex with GH, ex. when he finds GH reading all those karma sutra books. GH on the other hand, I wouldn't classify him as sadistic, he wants BLY to feel good in bed hence why all the book reading, plus there's no whips involved as far as I know. I think earlier on in their relationship GH was more dominant simply because BLY couldn't come to terms that he liked another man. After the eight years though, BLY is ready to pounce on GH at any given chance aha. 

I would hope to think that they are versatile in some ways but the only times BLY tops GH is when GH lets him because it's payback for what GH did to BLY. Obviously CJD didn't write all the sex they had together but, most of the times GH would be on top, but it seems like after the eight years of seperation there was a power shift in the relationship. Where BLY was the one chasing after GH, and initiating sexual activity, from what I read from translated snippets by @mchansk07. There was also something about BLY getting stronger in the army so he could beat GH in wrestling after the eight years apart, I mean, whoever wins the wrestling match gets to be on top right? It's up to the readers' imaginations. 

Sadism and masochism are actually different from BDSM (binding, whips, intentional infliction of pain). In the case of GH and BLY its a mental/emotional state that they enter when together. GH knows that his actions can inflict physical pain on BLY, and as such he is in a constant state of chiding himself for any signs of pain BLY exhibits, always holding himself back from exerting his own desires. That's masochistic behavior. In the same regards, BLY knows that with one word from him GH will stop everything (see episode 15 novel comparison on 'the forceful interrogation.') BLY knows he has this power, even as he 'submits' to GH. That's a form of sadism. Together they are the definition of equality. Though physically GH is the dominant (most of the time), mentally BLY is the dom, very much in line with their general personalities. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, mym999 said:

Im too bored....i wish S2 releases early...my head hurts bcz thres nothing new that intrests me to watch....CJD should write her novels in english so i can spend some time reading it while waiting for S2...

haha same here . . :D

18 minutes ago, megkf said:

My Counterattack novel / drama spoiler. My explanation is kind of long because I wanted to mention a lot of stuff from the novel that isn't explained in the drama. The last paragraph is why I think they fell in love, the rest is back story.

Reveal hidden contents

Okay... I've kind of wanted to discuss this anyway. Keep in mind I've only read what's been translated of the novel, which is about 40+ chapters, and I haven't fully watched the uncut episodes because they're not translated yet. In fact, I didn't like the first couple chapters of the novel so I decided to just watch the drama and then went back a couple weeks ago and read everything.

They left a lot of this out from the novel, the brick thing confused the heck out of me too.

The girl dumped the poor boy, they'd been together for 7 years. She said he had gotten fat, was stingy and had no job prospects. So he tried to make her stay by hitting himself with a brick, so she'd feel sorry for him and take care of him. She had to take him to a hospital, how he met the doctor. While he was recovering he lost weight, when he had recovered he went to the girl again, she says no, he hits with brick, he ends up back at the hospital, this repeated a couple more times. End result: his head was now super strong from all the bricks. I also think he'd caused himself brain damage, it would explain some of the choices he makes later... He also quit his job because his boss insulted him. It took him like 6 months to accept their break up. Which is when he decided to change his name to something that means 'it doesn't matter'. None of this is in the drama.

The girl, by the way, dated another guy between the poor guy and the rich guy in the book. I assume he's the guy you don't see, who's driving the car in episode 1 or 2, when she talks to the poor guy. Middle guy is wealthy, but unattractive, etc. He annoyed rich guy and rich guy might have caused him to be in a car accident, I'm still not sure on this. The girl fell in lust with rich guy right away, this appears to have happened minus the car accident in the uncut scenes but I'm still waiting on those translations. So the girl pursues the rich guy and gets him. In the novel the rich guy isn't gay, he's bi. In the drama I felt he'd never slept with the girl, he did in the novel. He'll sleep with almost anyone and is insanely good at it because of all his practice.

I understand it would have been hard to do in the drama but I feel I need to mention that the rich guy had a giant snake with him a lot of the time, it's the only one his father didn't confiscate trying to make him behave, mainly because it's always with him.

The poor guy tries all sorts of things to make money, each time crossing paths with the rich guy and annoying him. The rich guy did all sorts of things in the novel which would have made any normal person avoid him, who cares if he's dating the person who ripped your heart out. EX: poor guy tried to become a pick pocket, tried to pick rich guy's pocket, end result: rich guy basically imprisoned him until he helped him catch more thieves to look good at the police headquarters. Things happen and the rich guy let's him out early and gives him money. This also resulted in him over hearing his mother saying nice stuff about him, he'd bought her stuff from the money but she thought he'd earned it at his job, so he decided to give up criminal ideas to make money because he felt guilty.

In the novel the doctor helps him get a job as a driver, but poor guy is actually color blind and accidentally runs a red light and who catches him but rich guy, this is how he finds out the girl is now dating the rich guy. She'd come to visit him at work, but didn't see poor guy. So he plots with the doctor, who admitted to being gay, on how to seduce the rich guy, cause them to break up, and then dump the rich guy. This is where I say he's got brain damage, does he really think if he gets this guy who basically imprisoned him at one point won't react badly to this and will just let him go?

Why I think they fell in love: The poor guy has two things going for him, he's got these huge innocent eyes and the perfect behind. Those huge innocent looking eyes are what causes the rich guy to sometimes be nice to the poor guy, because how could a bad person have eyes like that? Rich guy falls for poor guy because he perceives him to be a better person than he is. I actually feel that he was the good person the rich guy thinks he is before the girl dumped him and warped his personality. The rich guy sees the poor guy also as someone similar to his ex-boyfriend, the only lover he's loved. His ex had cheated on him with his best friend, the guy with the stupid ponytail. The poor guy relates to this heart ache because he starts to feel like he and the rich guy are similar. And as I said, rich guy is supposed to be an insanely good lover... 

That honestly dont sounds like a better storyline than addicted. Although addicted also has some extreme parts where it dont really make sense, for example the rape part. But that rape part actually, contribute greatly to the relationship development between guhai and bly. This incident made bly come to terms with his feeling to guhai, otherwise they will be stucked at bly not admitting his feelings. And also the part where guyang tries to kill bly by plotting accident? Thats not very realistic. But hey, its a fictional drama cant complain.

Idk, if they have better casts (not just the looks, but acting performance, and not weird actors e.g. The guy with the long ponny tail etc) and good directing, CA could do better as a comedy romantic bl movie. However for addicted, it deals with some family issues as well, and about friendship. And if we remove all the smut scene (god forbid pls dont lol), it can be a good drama where it can be watched with the  entirefamily. 

Im more into the overall quality of the series, thats why i like addicted (a lottt) better. The good looks of johnny and timmy is only the bait, but the real hook is the entire good production (acting, directing, main casts, supporting casts, storyline, chemistry, post editing etc)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mym999 said:

Me three!!!

• Like 3

Sometimes we just like it...There are no reasons...No matter how much worst...its just we like them...no matter how much good they are sometimes we dont like them....Just like that i like both CA and Addicted..even they are great at acting or not...story line is effective or not...screenplay sucks or not...leads are handsome though....logical,reasonable thinking,morale,ethics doesnt bother me...i just love them....

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, mym999 said:

aren't we alllll :sweatingbullets:

i cant get anything done because i keep coming to this forum to feed myself with news, gossip, theory....

give me back my life :bawling:

• Like 13