Quantcast

Posted (edited)
On 3/16/2019 at 2:39 PM, manifester said:

From what I know, there are 3 different DVD/Bluray releases for Addicted: Korean, Taiwanese, and Thai. Do they all have different sets of behind-the-scenes footages from each other?

Plus now the Japanese version . I think there are even some differences between the DVD and Blueray editions, but I cannot say what exactly. The Korean should be the longest one in terms of BTS footage ;)

On 3/17/2019 at 6:16 AM, Saikya said:

From rewatching the behind the scenes on YT (almost everyday), I believe they have a lot of overlapping scenes but there are some nice juicy scenes that can only be found in each. I like this one in particular: 

This is the extra stuff from Thai DVD that hopefully Lovely Things will sub eventually.

The full video in spoiler, cr. 宇宙糖果屋

Spoiler

Yuzhou_Office have added Chinese subs, so at least I can catch some stuff.

The part that includes video from @Saikya Basically ZZ and JY start rehearsing the kidnap scene and JY is not sure about how to do all the movements and hand gestures and stuff, so they call in Xiao Long to help JY.  The director is there too, but he intervenes later on. Some interesting parts: when JY grabs ZZ at his waist, ZZ laughs and then tells JY to either grab him higher or lower cos it tickles and it makes him smile (which spoils the scene). Xiao Long also tells JY he can/should grab ZZ face cos in general they want JY to act it out more fiercely and as if GH is bit crazed. So JY does it like twice, but then he touches ZZ face softly and asks ZZ if it hurt. To which ZZ just smiles and ask JY to continue with his lines before he forgets them :D This is just what I remember on top of my head, but its all really very sweet and I really hope we get the sub version :wub:

Now, latest Yuzhou news.

JY got the AFA award for the Best Newcomer! So happy for boss, so deserved. JY not only received his award, he also presented an award for the Best Cinematography. The livestream was working quite well and to my surprise they were on time, which is not something that usually happens with Chinese events :lol:

JY also posted a selfie (recently he has been posting loads of them on his weibo) and for once we got the pro photo. But I still like when JY posts the "real" photos of himself. Keep it real boss B)

No spoiler, cr. JY weibo

H5TmQ1I.jpg

I always like it when the top comment is from a CPF :phew: also "26 replies" :lol:

Second big news, ZZ reached 11mil weibo followers! Great work, eventhough we were joking with @nyota how did that happen when "all" ZZ did between 10mil (end of December 2018) and 11mil was shooting Pingpong drama :P just kidding , we are very happy for ZZ.

Now we need Thunder to hit the market to get JY some boost. Not that the weibo followers is all that matters, but its a KPI that for sure all stakeholders are looking at. Yuzhou weibo followers numbers in spoiler, screenshot from weibo by me. (Note. not sure if everybody knows, but 万 is 10000 in Chinese, they have a funky way of counting numbers :sweatingbullets:)

Spoiler

baicMhX.jpg

NZPVprS.jpg

We also got Yuzhou in the 2018 Annual Fashion Brands Celebs Accomplishment ranking (rough translation), ZZ ranked No.10 and JY No.3! Nice :P

Spoiler

Also JY ranked higher than Victoria who placed No.6. No hate, just saying :phew:

Link to the video in spoiler below, cr. Qing Ruan

Spoiler

Speaking of Yuzhou "marketing", I have quite by accident found out that Kenzo official weibo kept two posts of JY and ZZ from 2016, related to the ELLE MEN photoshoot :wub:

See spoiler, screenshot from weibo by me, cr. Kenzo

Spoiler

tkpp8Q3.jpg

R2EV8L6.jpg

Now, the "famous" 100 Most Handsome Faces of Asia. Well, we didnt make it to the list...

Spoiler

Shen Teng did and ended up as no.21 He was making jokes on Weibo saying he "refuses" to be 21. Some fan commented he can hide the 2 and will be No.1 :joy:

BUT we made it to 100 Most Handsome Faces of China. JY No.74 and ZZ No.61

(screenshot from LikeTLCAsia 2018 yt channel by me)

Spoiler

lhgQWRJ.jpg

MWC4aiI.jpg

I think Pegaus Team really nailed it, because in the China list Shen Teng is No.10 and Yin Zheng No.65!

Spoiler

IXTxqMR.jpg

qjadyYg.jpg

And there were some other interesting winners...

Spoiler

Happy Camp main host

iD3OUNs.jpg

Jackson No.4! Congratulations

Th0wgm2.jpg

?

6fhO82n.jpg

It feels it turned bit into popularity voting, but it is understandable if the base was weibo voting (the instagram likes for Chinese celebs were minor compared to the reposts on weibo).

A kind soul posted Pegasus on YT:wub:

Spoiler

with Eng sub, cr. Qing Ruan

ZZ is scheduled to film 天天向上 (every day make progress/improvement) show on 26th March for Hunan TV. I saw a list of other guests that should be on the same episode as ZZ, but none rang any bells. Which doesnt mean much :sweat_smile:

My friend says its a show similar to Happy Camp. As Happy Camp it should broadcast on Hunan TV and Mango TV app.

I checked and it looks like Hunan TV Official YT channel is uploading the episodes too.

Jiayou ZZ!

Edited by tuzicr
Note added
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I've just found out that the words "Yu Zhou" and "Jing Yu" appear in Timmy Xu's song 向着光亮那方 (Towards The Bright Side).

It's so beautiful.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hello everybody,

sorry I have not been able to post recently, too busy :sweatingbullets:

Here comes some quick Yuzhou update :wub:

1. Drama rumors. The better type of rumors when ppl speculate about yuzhou next projects. Nothing was officially confirmed, so just read for fun :glasses:

Spoiler

For JY we have the "Youth Genesis" drama that was silent for a long time, only to re-surface yet again. The rumor mills say filming ceremony on 25th April in Xiamen (the same city as Half Moon Alice movie). Two "brand" new female leads Wu Jinyan (b. 1990) and Xuan Lu (b. 1991), I have never heard about them, based on what I could find on Baidu, both are originally ballet dancers. well, anything better than Asura witch. My Chinese friend told me she was not really happy with WJY acting but hopes she can give us all a pleasant surprise :phew:

For ZZ we got "My Youth Loved You" drama, also nothing official yet, but filming should start in April. First it was supposed to be Dilireba with a different actor, than somebody said Dilireba was busy, project got delayed and the male lead was replaced with ZZ, then a new rumor said the main lead is Dongdong (Baby Let Go) and ZZ is second lead with Tan Songyun (English name "Seven", b. 1990), then another weibo account said the leads are ZZ and Seven without mentioning the second male character at all :blink: Based on the plot synopsis its two-guys-one-girl story line, so there needs to be another guy apart from ZZ. B) TSY seems to be an actress on the rise, @artemis73 already saw her in Love O2O movie but unfortunately cannot remember her :(

Then we have JY rumored to be part of some kind of military-theme reality show "Special Warfare" created by Tencent. The "funny" thing is that there was a date of release mentioned already, 4th May, which is very specific and very soon :ph34r: Apart from JY, there are supposed to be three other guys, among them Elvis (yet again :lol:).

2. JY Thunder, the highly anticipated release is still up in the air. The rumored release presscon on 14th April didnt happen eventhough JY flew to Beijing on 14th, but if its related I have no clue and havent even seen any info about JY schedule in Beijing. Looks like boss is more mysterious than ever B) Last time JY was flying in and out of Beijing it was around his bday and afterwards he started filming Half Moon Alice, so hopefully the pattern repeats itself :rolleyes:

3. Some more concrete stuff, ZZ Tian Tian Xiang Shang show should broadcast on Sunday 21st April and we get to see ZZ wearing his lovely jeans jacket...

Spoiler

zaPvgs3.jpg

(cr. on the pic). First I thought its zz sitting on a red towel, so that his fancy jeans jacket doesnt get dirty, but turns out its the back part of the jacket :lol:

TTXS just uploaded a promo of zz on their Tictoc app account, where zz is showing us the whole thing 360 degrees :w00t: (screenshot from tictoc by me)

9iz8ehs.jpg

And "Golden Classics" program (loose translation) should air on Saturday 20th April (according to Baidu), where ZZ made the guest appearance and will give us a song wearing lovely Givenchy outfit (see spoiler, cr. on the pic)

Spoiler

xUYuWHW.jpg

The June Paris Fashion Week is just around the corner, so in preparation I seem to "fashion-stalk" both yuzhou now :D

Yesterday, Tmall Genie weibo account posted about ZZ as their new spokesperson (well, it was again "guess who is that", but this time it was a no-brainer cos the video voice narrator was ZZ himself :P). ZZ should participate in their new product release activity on 18th April in Beijing (kinda wish JY could keep himself busy in Beijing till at least 17th cos now ZZ is supposed to be in Shanghai). I have no clue if there will be a livestream for the release, but the official weibo posted a lovely poster with the address of the venue and even included a little map :lol: (see spoiler, cr. Tmall Genie weibo)

Spoiler

LcVxScR.jpg

Thats pretty much all I got, so lets finish with one "power couple yuzhou" pic (cr. on the pic)

Happy Easter everybody!:wub:

fnNMjqu.jpg

Edited by tuzicr
typo fixed
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Hi all, wishing everyone here, all baobaos on Soompi YuZhou family a 'Happy 4.17' day! ~   2016 17th April was a VERY 'emotional' day for all YuZhou baobaos...! ...Now, I'm thankful we're still here for our boys in 2019.  Old/new baobaos, continue to walk slowly with YuZhou and with all baobaomen. Keep your fire and passion burning for YuZhou because they are REAL and WORTH it!  April 17th 2016 marked 'the ending' of YuZhou together in public:bawling: but also 'the beginning' of their love (the recognition of) and their journey with each other (in private) for greater love, things and future together! And we have been their 'witnesses' from the beginning...all baobaomen!  This journey with YuZhou is a lifetime commitment, for me, it is.  I hope it's the same for you all too! ...Bless our boys...bless all good and faithful baobaos!  Big hugs and love to you all!:kiss_closed: For our boys, we cheers and walk on!  Take care, everyone! ;)... :heart::heart::heart:

• Like 1

Hello everybody!

Not only I have little free time these day, I got swamped by watching JY Thunder. At first I thought I wait for the sub version, then i thought i maybe watch without subs the free version and i ended up watching is "live" on iQiyi :w00t: Talk about resolutions, right?

Here are some first impressions of the series (i have watched 8 episodes so far, two are waiting for me for tonight, because ZZ with his live Olympics event got priority B))

I will not talk much about the story, but in case i touch upon that, i will put a note and hide all in the spoiler.

1. High quality production. I think that money was not an issue here. There are many exterior scenes and i would guess even the hospital scenes were shot in the real hospital, its not just a "studio" built. Therefore the whole series has a very real feel, because its happening at real places.

2. Camera angles. It reminded me bit Addicted because the director from Addicted also liked to use unusual angles and filming through objects/barriers that are seemingly in the way of the shot but actually adding depth to the frame. Here the director of Thunder took it even one step further. It seems like he really likes to play with the camera and offers the scene from very different views/angles, which are interesting but at the same time not disturbing, i didnt feel the cut/editing is confusing or too obvious and the more I watch it, the more I am looking forward to what else I will get to see, what other surprises the director prepared.

Here one example in spoiler, its when Lifei (JY character) is being interrogated. cr. iQiyi

Spoiler

0OMWI8l.jpg

Apart from the angles, we also get interesting scenes that are filmed from the very distance and then at extreme proximity.

The only thing I personally didnt really enjoy is when Lifei is having a direct conversation with Li Weimin and its done as each is talking directly to the camera, looking into the camera. Its nice having JY looking at me like this, but it didnt feel right as the filming technique. But it could be just a matter of opinion.

3. Plot arrangement. This is another very smart way how to keep viewers entertained and interested. Basically in one episode we see some scene and then in the next episode(s), we go back to the same scene in a rather roundabout way and extra details are added to the scene or something that happened before or after that. The smart part is that I didnt feel like i was missing anything, its just building up on what I already knew.

4. Flashbacks. We get lots of the scenes that show what happened in the past, both recent and some really old stuff (like when Lifei was at police academy for example). It happened to me with some Asian dramas before that the flashbacks were messy and I had hard time figuring out when its flashback and when its the present time. In Thunder, the flashbacks are organized rather neatly, its always easy to know what time we are at. So far they mostly added background to Lifei's life.

Spoiler in the spoiler as an example.

Spoiler

Li Weimin sent Lifei his hoodie when Life is held in custody by police. The flashback we get is a little story how Lifei was with LWM in a store shopping for clothes. LF was arguing the clothes LWM picks makes him look really old and was pushing him to try the funky two-color hoodie that in the present time LWM sent to LF.

5. Who is the good guy and who is the bad guy? Another cool thing, most of the characters could be both good and bad (apart from JY character of course :wub:) and Thunder is playing with our mind, giving us different hints that suggest this or that character is the bad one, both on the police side and in the drug business. Not only that, they keep giving out hints that who I thought could be bad, is actually doing something good, so my mind is like a pendulum swing :blink: Again, it makes it more interesting to watch, but due to that I keep changing my "attachments" to different characters on daily basis :lol:

6. JY. I really like watching JY act in Thunder because finally he got the opportunity to showcase his acting abilities, show his range. I like his little quirky poses and all the face expressions he makes and it just all feels natural and interesting. Mostly here its not the type of acting that would only require standing/sitting in a place and do the talking, but even when LF is being interrogated and that is rather "stationary" scene, JYcan come up with few different things to give it some extra depth.

Some pics (cr. iQiyi) in spoiler with minor actual spoiler.

Spoiler

LF decided he doesnt want to cooperate in the interrogation anymore. Just look at the body language. Like a rebelling teenage boy :D

YB7DiB9.jpg

Eh9KDvC.jpg

We also get to see JY doing some funny acts (everybody has seen the hospital injured lag gig) and he is even smiling here and there ;) one cute smile in spoiler, cr. iQiyi

Spoiler

tPASKyr.jpg

On top of that we see JY doing BJJ that adds a really nice element to his character because we all know JY is a pro. It feels bit "wrong" when Life is defeated at fight at some times because I feel JY would just nail it, but its needed for the story, i can accept that:phew:

7. JY/Lifei clothes. Thats actually hilarious because I remember when during Thunder filming the usual JY-goes-to-work/JY-off-work photos were not hiding his clothes as not to spoil it for the drama as usual because apparently everybody thought its just JY clothes. Well, turns out they are used in the drama :lol: the baggy cargo pants, the old grey tshirt that (thanks to the JY-mentioned 4K quality) is visibly pilling and the good ole' Vans shoes that JY sometimes used as slippers and many more.

See spoiler for Vans shoes "evidence", cr. iQiyi

Spoiler

XWFRJee.jpg

Actual spoiler in spoiler about JY character

Spoiler

First two episodes were great, cos there was lots of action for JY and his character. Investigating, arresting people, later running from police, fighting,  super cool! then he got into police custody and its interrogation after interrogation with some flashbacks. i want the real deal back! :ph34r:

Fortunately, i think its about to change because JY just posted on his weibo that he wants practically the same. He wants LF to get out and investigate B) I hear you boss.

I personally prefer crime dramas to romance dramas, so I was really looking forward to Thunder because i really wished I could enjoy it because its a interesting drama as well, not just because its a drama JY stars in. And so far I truly like it. I dont understand all obviously, my Chinese level is way below  for this, but I look at it as a really intense Chinese language course.:sweatingbullets: Boss makes me work real hard :blink:

I hope many people will enjoy the drama both in China and outside and if anybody here feels like sharing what they think after watching it, please do :wub:

It wouldnt feel right to post only about JY, so as I mentioned ZZ got his big event today, the event for 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics, its 1000days before they officially start. For this occasion we got another gala and ZZ was not only performing a song (Glory), he was co-hosting as well! I think the nerves of being live with so many people watching got bit to ZZ, but he was very determined and really worked hard to conduct himself in a professional way.

I dont know much about what ZZ was actually talking about because seeing him all tall, cute, in the white attire and hosting (that is a big plus because instead of the usual long wait followed by 4-5 mins of seeing ZZ, I got lots of ZZ this time ^_^), i was just enjoying watching him :rolleyes:

In spoiler ZZ aka the investigative journalist :P screenshot by me from Youku app

Spoiler

OzYEIva.jpg

Some funky stuff from streaming in the spoiler.

Spoiler

Nobody can probably forget ZZ "Born Stubborn"  rapping song, well I couldnt have been more surprised when I saw the name's song on the screen and the original group performed it live :D

There was song titled "Breaking ice" 破冰 which is part of JY Thunder drama name in chinese (破冰行动 literally "Breaking Ice Operation"), so I took the opportunity and asked in the comments if anybody is watching 破冰行动 :D kinda used it as free promo for JY :P

There were two users who asked if there are any baizhous present to which i didnt see any response :phew: there were quite a few of us who were constantly spamming ZZ name in the comments and I could see at least two clear CPFs, cos one had Universe in the nick and the other had JY pic and user nick was HJY :D i was in a good company indeed :wub:

Lets finish with a Yuzhou pic because spring is finally here!

VehH5Zy.jpg

Happy streaming everybody! :heart:

• Love 1

Hi Soompi Family! (What's left of us...)  Just jumped back on Soompi for sentimental reasons....So many of us lived here daily for 3 years!  I know it's pretty much dorment but if you're like me, you check in now and then anyway just in case there's something juicy that's not on Instagram, etc...like an amazing update from Tuzicr!  (You are totally the best, we're so thankful for your fun, intelligent and upflifting commentary, always non-judgmental, never patrionizing or overly-motherly to the boys!) -- we know it takes a lot of work - thank you!

Here are two cool Fan-made vids that I just saw on YouTube over the last couple of weeks.  Enjoy!   SNOWLIGHT :-)

Timmy Xu - Alien

Jingyu 3 - 26

• Like 5

Hi all,  I’m late to this bandwagon but better late than never. Since the ban, would anyone know if they still hang out in private or if they are even still friends? I can’t seem to find any info anywhere. Thanks!

• Like 2

Hi guys I’m back. Haven’t been here for so long about a year and half, but I’m glad there are still people here. I miss this thread! Haven’t been writing about YZ but I wanna get back into it again. 

And welcome @fat_starfish! There’s a link in the first page (it was when I was here, not sure about now since I haven’t checked it yet) You can learn about YZ and the boys through those links. If they don’t work let us know and we’ll fill you in. 

• Like 3

Hi there!

Sorry I have not been posting anything recently, too busy with my non-yuzhou life and work :sweatingbullets:

After the Milan and Parish fashion week, we have been experiencing some rather quite times, but zz Rookies premiere is just around the corner on 12th July! Local cpfs are preparing for private screening, which is very exciting because i couldnt participate last time for JY Pegasus movie as I was out of China that time. Go Go Rookies! :D

Wish everybody a nice summer and great holidays :wub:

Gotta add here at least one pic (cr. on the pic), the Two Fashion Icons :P

593n628.jpg

• Like 5

On 6/24/2019 at 5:15 PM, fat_starfish said:

Hi all,  I’m late to this bandwagon but better late than never. Since the ban, would anyone know if they still hang out in private or if they are even still friends? I can’t seem to find any info anywhere. Thanks!

l'm Chinese. They contact each other absolutely. Even they lived in the same hotel bacause they shoot the different series.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey Guimei:  Nice to meet you and welcome.  Do Yuzhou fans in China believe that ZZ & JY contact each other all the time?  Are they at least still friends with each other?  That would be very interesting for international fans to know.  We sometimes live in our fantasy world and we make things up based on what's online.  Are you from China?  Thanks for sharing!  Snowlight

• Like 1

Hello everybody!

Finally I have some time to post about the Rookies cpf event.

It was amazing and I feel very lucky I had the chance to participate :wub: There were in total around 150 ppl, we have booked two cinema halls, no.2 and no.6 :P and the atmosphere was just fantastic! Because every time ZZ shows up on the screen, we all went ooooh and aaaaah and it was totally fine :D

Few pics from the event. We were asked not to take photos/videos from the movie itself, so I didnt take any.

The tickets including the free voucher for popcorn and coke;)

Spoiler

auCoOP6.jpg

In the cinema, lots of posters of ZZ were prepared, also the LCD screen was playing a special "ZZ trailer" if you will on the loop. Including footage of different ZZ drama works, variety shows, concerts. Nice to spread the knowledge of ZZ around. And of course the freebies. For the event, we were paying from our own money for the tickets and some of the freebies, but for very good price and there was even a lottery. Great organization of the whole event :wub:

Spoiler

nku9ZQZ.jpg

We were also signing the big ZZ poster (cr. on the pic)

Funny story. As it was on the floor, one cpf didnt notice and stepped directly on ZZ face :crazy: So somebody quickly rushed and mopped ZZ face clean with a tissue :sweatingbullets::lol:

Spoiler

5T5pSxq.jpg

And this is the whole assemble. Well, some at the edges seemed to be cut off, but more of less all. (i have taken the photo from the "official" weibo post, cr. on the pic). We could also order the special fisherman's hats for the event, so thats what the most are wearing there.

Spoiler

CaDSrpM.jpg

Now the movie itself. I have no idea about the release outside China, but the English subs kinda support the notion of having it released internationally, so fingers crossed. Hence I will put spoiler alerts for the major plot segments just in case somebody wants to wait to be surprised. In general, that was the best about the movie. As it fits with crazy action comedy genre leaning towards parody of the spy/secret agent movies,  the surprise effect is crucial. Not knowing what will happen and enjoying the crazy chases and unexpected settings with funny twits is what kept me entertained. The plot is not really complicated, but I didnt expect that, so that didnt bother me at all.

The most confusing for me were probably the languages spoken. Because there are foreigners talking English, foreigners talking Chinese, Chinese talking Chinese, Chinese talking English, Wang Dalu mixing up English and Chinese and on top of that few Hungarian people speaking Hungarian :lol: But they found a neat way to go around the fact that Mila doesnt speak Chinese, so kudos for that!

Spoiler

Spoiler

When Milla meets Wang Dalu character for the very first time, she has an African-American man with her who is speaking Chinese as her translator. In this part, there is also famous WDL quote (at least for me): "So you want me to be Bond? James Bond?" (Milla is offering WDL the chance to became the secret/special agent. Its also note-worthy to mention that WDL has a poster with Jason Bourne on his bedroom wall :D

The Plot - see spoiler

Spoiler

The premise is that WDL is some kind of "internet hero/icon/celeb" that is doing some crazy stuff while his fans are watching it live and cheering up for him. By a pure happenstance he ends up in meeting between some mobsters who assume WDL is the middleman for their deal. Shooting starts, Mila shows up as the Agents Boss and WDL is glad he escaped while being alive.

The bed guy acquired some chemical substance that upon release turns people into vegetables (yeah, dont know where the director who seems to have written the script as well came up with that idea). To make it simple, Mila recruited WDL to help her catch the bad guy because they still believe he is the middleman and stop him from destroying the world. They end up in Budapest where ZZ Ding Shan inventor and his assistant LV is (I have no clue why DS is living/staying in Budapest, didnt catch any explanation on that). There is another member of their team, the Interpol police girl from Hong Kong who has not had the best career because she goes berserk when somebody touches her butt in an appropriate way (sounds weird, but she is very funny and as a character I liked her). She pretends she is just a WDL fan but they soon find out she works for Interpol. First she hates WDL, later she comes to like him and they make a real team. For some reason she ended up in the movie with a short blue hair wig (some reference to manga/comics maybe?), so I was glad ZZ wasnt the only one with weird hairdo. There is lots of hilarious chases going on in the streets of Budapest that are quite ingenious in my opinion and I had fun watching it. Its all quite fast-paced movie, it keeps rolling from the beginning till the end.

Then came the SHOCK (i put this in extra spoiler, it regards LV character)

Spoiler

during the chase on the sidecars, Ding Shan and LV are supposed to put a barrier on the bridge to stop and trap the bad guy. DS is fiddling with some instrument and doesnt pay attention to LV. LV sees the bad guy coming and runs why calling for DS: "Shan Shan". It kinda felt like foreboding of a sort, but than its a comedy right, what could happen? Damn, there was a metal sheet flying in the air that chopped off LV's legs at the knee's height. It was unexpected and not really nice. I have no idea why this kinda plot twist was in the movie. I mean yes, it does make the rookies team to go solid and destroy the bad guy for good eventually, but why such a drastic way? beats me. Important to say, LV survived. DS was really sad and thats where we get the ZZ crying scene in the hospital (strangely they picked some very old looking hospital. it doesnt feel like hospital at all).

Eventually the team (minus LV) gears up, ZZ changed from the nerdy clothes to the black outfit with the black overcoat and cool sunglasses and decides to kick some butts.

WDL character made the ultimate sacrifice and when the helicopter with the bad guy blows up while WDL was still hanging on it, we are made to believe that WDL has not survived. Fortunately, there is after-credit scene where he managed to survive and climb back to live. END

ZZ as Ding Shan (contains plot spoiler, will put all in spoiler)

Spoiler

I just enjoyed ZZ so much on the big screen that he could be doing anything and I would be still happy as the punch :wub: Its worth to note that the movie was in 3D, so it was quite awesome seeing ZZ like that (apart from ZZ there was lots of 3D WDL directly in my face and once a flying tooth that I tried to avoid :lol:)

Everybody knows ZZ got the nerdy inventor role and I think normally the role would go to some average looking actor (i dont meant to hate on anybody, thats just how it usually goes as far as the stereotypes for this kind of role go), so in my opinion to compensate for the fact that ZZ was handsome, tall (taller than WDL by 4cm in real life:phew:) and ripped, some "cosmetic"  changes were required. Hence the ugly wig, hence the glasses, weird clothes, make-up choices, attempts to make ZZ appear shorter etc.

I personally dont mind that much because I know its a "special" role and I know what ZZ looks like when he is "normal". But I dont know what will random people who've never heard or seen Xu Weizhou, will think about him.

Then we have those "epic" scenes of zz. 

We have the whole YaYa arc. DS needs to get a password to the vault from some dude to get to the Holy Grail (yep, they threw the Holy Grail relics into the mix as well:ph34r:). So DS "dresses up" and goes to the pool party to approach the dude. When asked for name, DS sees a yellow duckie floating on the water and says "YaYa" (different characters, but "ya" in Chinese means duck"). He gets the dude to what looks like massage place, stabs him with some truth serum (while being very masculine and no nonsense guy B)) and gets the number combination from the dude.

Then there is the orange juice episode. I dont know, i just felt second-hand embarrassment :sweatingbullets: i think the clips of that leaked already and I dont have to go into the details of that.

ZZ patting a white horse. I think that is some reference to some movie or something, but nothing came to my mind :blink: any ideas? (the only thing that popped up in my mind was the Horse Whisperer movie with Robert Redford, but dont think that applies^_^)

The last but not the least, there is ZZ line: "I am afraid of pain" when the bad guys capture the team and keep them in some cave roped to the poles. This is a big hit among cpfs due to the reference to Addicted B)

To be fair, the other actors got their share of some embarrassing (at least to me) scenes. There is WDL preparing to have a good time with his inflatable girl-companion while his mum walks in on him. Turns out she knows about her, calls her "Maria" and implies they kinda get along together. Blue hair girl has the strange "urge" of going batshit crazy when somebody pinches her butt and LV is subjected to all kind of experiments-go-wrong scenarios. Its just THAT kind of movie.

Overall, I think ZZ made the role his own and when watching the movie, I really felt i am seeing Ding Shan, not ZZ. So good job in my books :thumbsup: ZZ screen time is adequate his supporting role, but as this action movie, there is not much character development, the focus is on action. WDL and the blue hair lady are the main leads and they get the most screen time.

I think thats pretty much it, in a rather brief and compressed way. I hope it makes some sense :sweatingbullets:.

I enjoyed the movie more than I expected. I was really laughing many times throughout the whole movie and I hope ZZ himself is satisfied with his own performance.

Good luck to ZZ's next project! :heart:

• Like 3

Tuzicr!!  You are totally the best:-)  What a very detailed and thoughtful breakdown of The Rookies.  I can't wait to see it!  For me, I sometimes wonder what some cultures and communities think is comedic and what's not, or what a successful drama looks like in China as opposed to other parts of Asia or in western countries.  People are different everywhere.

I love the way you explained what you saw and the impression you had, and you were honest about what surprised, embarrassed, or puzzled you, or what you thought was enjoyable.  That's why I love reading your reviews -- you never judge or make silly patronizing comments -- always intelligent, thoughtful, honest, and fun!  Thanks for taking the time to share this awesome review. We know Soompi isn't what it used to be, so the fact that you would take the time to offer such quality commentary for whoever happens to log in, is so, so appreciated!  

I don't see your "Tuzicr" user name on Instagram, but if you started Yuzhou posting there, fans would have a refreshing new option -- you'd have such a huge following a mile long!  All in all, thanks!!  Snowlight

• Like 1

hello everyone~ first time here 

anyway maybe this isn't JY WZ related but Addicted is getting a season 2! asdfghghjkl (i wonder why there isn't more people freaking out.... considering the news has been around for around 2 months now...) 

▲柴雞蛋宣布《上癮2》在台灣拍 。(圖/柴雞蛋微博)

▲柴雞蛋宣布《上癮2》在台灣拍 。(圖/柴雞蛋微博)

^ this appeared on Chai ji dan's weibo in late june -- translation of the first two comments (source: i'm taiwanese)

Pic 1: filming started. happiness (?)(it's a character used for marriages. the red bed also implies marriage)

Pic 2 (first two comments): 

fan comment- don't tell me this is addicted season 2 

chai ji dan- season two will be filmed in taiwan 

BUT very sad news....

not og cast and new script D:

welp we knew this already but i'm still excited 

https://star.ettoday.net/news/1475925 << a taiwanese entertainment news website confirming the news