• 4 weeks later...

Hi Soompi Family! (What's left of us...)  Just jumped back on Soompi for sentimental reasons....So many of us lived here daily for 3 years!  I know it's pretty much dorment but if you're like me, you check in now and then anyway just in case there's something juicy that's not on Instagram, etc...like an amazing update from Tuzicr!  (You are totally the best, we're so thankful for your fun, intelligent and upflifting commentary, always non-judgmental, never patrionizing or overly-motherly to the boys!) -- we know it takes a lot of work - thank you!

Here are two cool Fan-made vids that I just saw on YouTube over the last couple of weeks.  Enjoy!   SNOWLIGHT :-)

Timmy Xu - Alien

Jingyu 3 - 26

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys I’m back. Haven’t been here for so long about a year and half, but I’m glad there are still people here. I miss this thread! Haven’t been writing about YZ but I wanna get back into it again. 

And welcome @fat_starfish! There’s a link in the first page (it was when I was here, not sure about now since I haven’t checked it yet) You can learn about YZ and the boys through those links. If they don’t work let us know and we’ll fill you in. 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there!

Sorry I have not been posting anything recently, too busy with my non-yuzhou life and work :sweatingbullets:

After the Milan and Parish fashion week, we have been experiencing some rather quite times, but zz Rookies premiere is just around the corner on 12th July! Local cpfs are preparing for private screening, which is very exciting because i couldnt participate last time for JY Pegasus movie as I was out of China that time. Go Go Rookies! :D

Wish everybody a nice summer and great holidays :wub:

Gotta add here at least one pic (cr. on the pic), the Two Fashion Icons :P

593n628.jpg

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2019 at 5:15 PM, fat_starfish said:

Hi all,  I’m late to this bandwagon but better late than never. Since the ban, would anyone know if they still hang out in private or if they are even still friends? I can’t seem to find any info anywhere. Thanks!

l'm Chinese. They contact each other absolutely. Even they lived in the same hotel bacause they shoot the different series.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hey Guimei:  Nice to meet you and welcome.  Do Yuzhou fans in China believe that ZZ & JY contact each other all the time?  Are they at least still friends with each other?  That would be very interesting for international fans to know.  We sometimes live in our fantasy world and we make things up based on what's online.  Are you from China?  Thanks for sharing!  Snowlight

• Like 2

Hello everybody!

Finally I have some time to post about the Rookies cpf event.

It was amazing and I feel very lucky I had the chance to participate :wub: There were in total around 150 ppl, we have booked two cinema halls, no.2 and no.6 :P and the atmosphere was just fantastic! Because every time ZZ shows up on the screen, we all went ooooh and aaaaah and it was totally fine :D

Few pics from the event. We were asked not to take photos/videos from the movie itself, so I didnt take any.

The tickets including the free voucher for popcorn and coke;)

Spoiler

auCoOP6.jpg

In the cinema, lots of posters of ZZ were prepared, also the LCD screen was playing a special "ZZ trailer" if you will on the loop. Including footage of different ZZ drama works, variety shows, concerts. Nice to spread the knowledge of ZZ around. And of course the freebies. For the event, we were paying from our own money for the tickets and some of the freebies, but for very good price and there was even a lottery. Great organization of the whole event :wub:

Spoiler

nku9ZQZ.jpg

We were also signing the big ZZ poster (cr. on the pic)

Funny story. As it was on the floor, one cpf didnt notice and stepped directly on ZZ face :crazy: So somebody quickly rushed and mopped ZZ face clean with a tissue :sweatingbullets::lol:

Spoiler

5T5pSxq.jpg

And this is the whole assemble. Well, some at the edges seemed to be cut off, but more of less all. (i have taken the photo from the "official" weibo post, cr. on the pic). We could also order the special fisherman's hats for the event, so thats what the most are wearing there.

Spoiler

CaDSrpM.jpg

Now the movie itself. I have no idea about the release outside China, but the English subs kinda support the notion of having it released internationally, so fingers crossed. Hence I will put spoiler alerts for the major plot segments just in case somebody wants to wait to be surprised. In general, that was the best about the movie. As it fits with crazy action comedy genre leaning towards parody of the spy/secret agent movies,  the surprise effect is crucial. Not knowing what will happen and enjoying the crazy chases and unexpected settings with funny twits is what kept me entertained. The plot is not really complicated, but I didnt expect that, so that didnt bother me at all.

The most confusing for me were probably the languages spoken. Because there are foreigners talking English, foreigners talking Chinese, Chinese talking Chinese, Chinese talking English, Wang Dalu mixing up English and Chinese and on top of that few Hungarian people speaking Hungarian :lol: But they found a neat way to go around the fact that Mila doesnt speak Chinese, so kudos for that!

Spoiler

Spoiler

When Milla meets Wang Dalu character for the very first time, she has an African-American man with her who is speaking Chinese as her translator. In this part, there is also famous WDL quote (at least for me): "So you want me to be Bond? James Bond?" (Milla is offering WDL the chance to became the secret/special agent. Its also note-worthy to mention that WDL has a poster with Jason Bourne on his bedroom wall :D

The Plot - see spoiler

Spoiler

The premise is that WDL is some kind of "internet hero/icon/celeb" that is doing some crazy stuff while his fans are watching it live and cheering up for him. By a pure happenstance he ends up in meeting between some mobsters who assume WDL is the middleman for their deal. Shooting starts, Mila shows up as the Agents Boss and WDL is glad he escaped while being alive.

The bed guy acquired some chemical substance that upon release turns people into vegetables (yeah, dont know where the director who seems to have written the script as well came up with that idea). To make it simple, Mila recruited WDL to help her catch the bad guy because they still believe he is the middleman and stop him from destroying the world. They end up in Budapest where ZZ Ding Shan inventor and his assistant LV is (I have no clue why DS is living/staying in Budapest, didnt catch any explanation on that). There is another member of their team, the Interpol police girl from Hong Kong who has not had the best career because she goes berserk when somebody touches her butt in an appropriate way (sounds weird, but she is very funny and as a character I liked her). She pretends she is just a WDL fan but they soon find out she works for Interpol. First she hates WDL, later she comes to like him and they make a real team. For some reason she ended up in the movie with a short blue hair wig (some reference to manga/comics maybe?), so I was glad ZZ wasnt the only one with weird hairdo. There is lots of hilarious chases going on in the streets of Budapest that are quite ingenious in my opinion and I had fun watching it. Its all quite fast-paced movie, it keeps rolling from the beginning till the end.

Then came the SHOCK (i put this in extra spoiler, it regards LV character)

Spoiler

during the chase on the sidecars, Ding Shan and LV are supposed to put a barrier on the bridge to stop and trap the bad guy. DS is fiddling with some instrument and doesnt pay attention to LV. LV sees the bad guy coming and runs why calling for DS: "Shan Shan". It kinda felt like foreboding of a sort, but than its a comedy right, what could happen? Damn, there was a metal sheet flying in the air that chopped off LV's legs at the knee's height. It was unexpected and not really nice. I have no idea why this kinda plot twist was in the movie. I mean yes, it does make the rookies team to go solid and destroy the bad guy for good eventually, but why such a drastic way? beats me. Important to say, LV survived. DS was really sad and thats where we get the ZZ crying scene in the hospital (strangely they picked some very old looking hospital. it doesnt feel like hospital at all).

Eventually the team (minus LV) gears up, ZZ changed from the nerdy clothes to the black outfit with the black overcoat and cool sunglasses and decides to kick some butts.

WDL character made the ultimate sacrifice and when the helicopter with the bad guy blows up while WDL was still hanging on it, we are made to believe that WDL has not survived. Fortunately, there is after-credit scene where he managed to survive and climb back to live. END

ZZ as Ding Shan (contains plot spoiler, will put all in spoiler)

Spoiler

I just enjoyed ZZ so much on the big screen that he could be doing anything and I would be still happy as the punch :wub: Its worth to note that the movie was in 3D, so it was quite awesome seeing ZZ like that (apart from ZZ there was lots of 3D WDL directly in my face and once a flying tooth that I tried to avoid :lol:)

Everybody knows ZZ got the nerdy inventor role and I think normally the role would go to some average looking actor (i dont meant to hate on anybody, thats just how it usually goes as far as the stereotypes for this kind of role go), so in my opinion to compensate for the fact that ZZ was handsome, tall (taller than WDL by 4cm in real life:phew:) and ripped, some "cosmetic"  changes were required. Hence the ugly wig, hence the glasses, weird clothes, make-up choices, attempts to make ZZ appear shorter etc.

I personally dont mind that much because I know its a "special" role and I know what ZZ looks like when he is "normal". But I dont know what will random people who've never heard or seen Xu Weizhou, will think about him.

Then we have those "epic" scenes of zz. 

We have the whole YaYa arc. DS needs to get a password to the vault from some dude to get to the Holy Grail (yep, they threw the Holy Grail relics into the mix as well:ph34r:). So DS "dresses up" and goes to the pool party to approach the dude. When asked for name, DS sees a yellow duckie floating on the water and says "YaYa" (different characters, but "ya" in Chinese means duck"). He gets the dude to what looks like massage place, stabs him with some truth serum (while being very masculine and no nonsense guy B)) and gets the number combination from the dude.

Then there is the orange juice episode. I dont know, i just felt second-hand embarrassment :sweatingbullets: i think the clips of that leaked already and I dont have to go into the details of that.

ZZ patting a white horse. I think that is some reference to some movie or something, but nothing came to my mind :blink: any ideas? (the only thing that popped up in my mind was the Horse Whisperer movie with Robert Redford, but dont think that applies^_^)

The last but not the least, there is ZZ line: "I am afraid of pain" when the bad guys capture the team and keep them in some cave roped to the poles. This is a big hit among cpfs due to the reference to Addicted B)

To be fair, the other actors got their share of some embarrassing (at least to me) scenes. There is WDL preparing to have a good time with his inflatable girl-companion while his mum walks in on him. Turns out she knows about her, calls her "Maria" and implies they kinda get along together. Blue hair girl has the strange "urge" of going batshit crazy when somebody pinches her butt and LV is subjected to all kind of experiments-go-wrong scenarios. Its just THAT kind of movie.

Overall, I think ZZ made the role his own and when watching the movie, I really felt i am seeing Ding Shan, not ZZ. So good job in my books :thumbsup: ZZ screen time is adequate his supporting role, but as this action movie, there is not much character development, the focus is on action. WDL and the blue hair lady are the main leads and they get the most screen time.

I think thats pretty much it, in a rather brief and compressed way. I hope it makes some sense :sweatingbullets:.

I enjoyed the movie more than I expected. I was really laughing many times throughout the whole movie and I hope ZZ himself is satisfied with his own performance.

Good luck to ZZ's next project! :heart:

• Like 5

Tuzicr!!  You are totally the best:-)  What a very detailed and thoughtful breakdown of The Rookies.  I can't wait to see it!  For me, I sometimes wonder what some cultures and communities think is comedic and what's not, or what a successful drama looks like in China as opposed to other parts of Asia or in western countries.  People are different everywhere.

I love the way you explained what you saw and the impression you had, and you were honest about what surprised, embarrassed, or puzzled you, or what you thought was enjoyable.  That's why I love reading your reviews -- you never judge or make silly patronizing comments -- always intelligent, thoughtful, honest, and fun!  Thanks for taking the time to share this awesome review. We know Soompi isn't what it used to be, so the fact that you would take the time to offer such quality commentary for whoever happens to log in, is so, so appreciated!  

I don't see your "Tuzicr" user name on Instagram, but if you started Yuzhou posting there, fans would have a refreshing new option -- you'd have such a huge following a mile long!  All in all, thanks!!  Snowlight

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

hello everyone~ first time here 

anyway maybe this isn't JY WZ related but Addicted is getting a season 2! asdfghghjkl (i wonder why there isn't more people freaking out.... considering the news has been around for around 2 months now...) 

▲柴雞蛋宣布《上癮2》在台灣拍 。(圖/柴雞蛋微博)

▲柴雞蛋宣布《上癮2》在台灣拍 。(圖/柴雞蛋微博)

^ this appeared on Chai ji dan's weibo in late june -- translation of the first two comments (source: i'm taiwanese)

Pic 1: filming started. happiness (?)(it's a character used for marriages. the red bed also implies marriage)

Pic 2 (first two comments): 

fan comment- don't tell me this is addicted season 2 

chai ji dan- season two will be filmed in taiwan 

BUT very sad news....

not og cast and new script D:

welp we knew this already but i'm still excited 

https://star.ettoday.net/news/1475925 << a taiwanese entertainment news website confirming the news 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

longtime since I last posted here. Today i found this link with great news about season 2. Let's hope it is not fake. But the source is very trustworthy most of the times. https://rec.mengalary.in/season-2-shangyin-addicted上瘾/

This not the roumoured Korean remake.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody!

Lots has been happening in last couple of weeks and thanks to the October holidays, I have finally some time to post about some of it.

1) We had the "Yuzhou Incident" on 20th September :wub:

I was quite a wreck whole that day because ZZ studio confirmed his attendance of the Donfang TV 2020 opening conference (whatever way its the correct translation), eventhough I didnt know why is ZZ participating (turns out its for the music variety show that he should start recording next week in Beijing). While JY was rumored to participate with Wang Likun for their drama Lucky WIth You (the English name keeps changing, i hope thats the correct one). So with such a pretext emotions were really high for many cpfs! I personally didnt expect Yuzhou to actually meet on the stage or backstage, i was just hoping that JY will really come (as ZZ was confirmed, it was all up to JY really). There was no livestream, so we could only rely on reports and recordings from the frontline fans :crazy:

Then ZZ showed up and while he was doing his part, on-site "spies" reported seeing JY car circling around the venue. At which point me and my Chinese friend thought maybe JY will not come to the event, but maybe just pick up ZZ :D Then ZZ was gone and the painful waiting for JY has started. Suddenly a short video of JY in some kind of lobby popped up on Weibo. Seemed just a random person caught a sight of JY and didnt know anything about the well...anything, which was driving all the fans crazy as you can imagine :w00t: Also JY was rumored to have the opening ceremony for his new drama with Dilireba on the same day in Shanghai, so he could have been pretty much  anywhere (later it was confirmed JY did participate in the opening ceremony, but seems like it was kinda soft opening, Dilireba herself was not present). Finally Chinese cpfs videos of JY started flooding weibo from the Dongfang site, many with the simple caption: "boss, you have come":wub:

YZ Dongfang Conference timeline - ZZ out, JY in (see spoiler, screenshot from weibo by me)

Spoiler

WK76QC4.jpg

One thing is clear, lots of careful planning and coordination went into this and Dongfang TV has to be a willing "partner in crime" as well. Because the quick in and out of ZZ, JY arriving after ZZ already had left, it all shows these were not random events. Taking into account ZZ super busy schedule, he also decided to participate for the variety show eventhough the other contestants didnt make the appearance. Which again points to the fact that ZZ wanted to go. JY going was kinda 50/50 for me because I have seen quite a few Thunder promos where JY didnt show up and some I didnt expect him to show up and he did:lol: so one never knows.

Also having both Yuzhou at the same place, it gave fans new materials to feed probably every cpf's '"obsession": yuzhou height comparison B) (see spoiler for photos. i dont know whom to credit, my friend just sent them to me on wechat)

Spoiler

mQ5GhDp.jpg

EiiWSLl.jpg

Since this event, things have been kinda speeding up. We had Yuzhou participating in the MVs for 70th anniversary. Each in their own MV, but again, posted together on Weibo with names and everything :rolleyes:. Then both YZ promoted Zhang Dada new movie. It may not seem like much, but the funny thing is that ZZ started following ZDD weibo account AFTER he sent out the repost :P Good times people, really good times :wub:

2) JY Mao 1949 movie

There was no common CPF screening as it was not seemed fit due to the nature of the movie, so I just went with my cpf friend. In general, its not hugely popular type of movie. Quite many of the cpfs reported they were the only ones in the cinema hall. Me and my friend were accompanied by an elderly couple :D Funny story. One cpf in our local group was booking a ticket for herself and there was one seat already booked, so she booked the place right next saying she is hoping to find her true love :wub::lol:

The movie is what it is, no point dwelling on the story or the background. What I want to say is that it does look expensive, the cinematography, the camera work, also the period furnishings and props are exquisite. For example the director really focused on the old-style phones when ppl were making calls. Some of the angles (particularly of the ladies) were reminiscent of the old period movies. Very nicely done. JY role is bigger than I expected, which is totally good because in all honestly I did feel bit disappointed after watching Pegasus. JY character is bit naive young man but serious about his duties. JY got even some little jokes in there which are simply delightful. I think its no spoiler really to say it here, e.g. he got a poem from Mao to use as a help with JY character's new girlfriend (played by Wang Likun), which he was very happy about until he realized he cannot take it because nothing can leave the room due to security reasons:lol:

Another memorable funny sub-plot is when Mao invites some of his young soldiers for the dinner in Beijing. When the time comes to pay, young soldiers say they didnt bring any money cos they were invited, while Mao say he never takes money with him. So it falls to JY as Mao bodyguard to pay the bill :lol: I managed to sneak few photos of this, see spoiler, sorry for the poor quality

Spoiler

gdjuyRA.jpg

2mIMcsh.jpg

BMoNDgK.jpg

Forgot to say, surprisingly the movie got english subs, i guess its because it was broadcasted via that special movie app in US as well.

Overall, as always, I enjoy JY on the big screen and once again I got to do all the "oooh" and "aaaah" in the cinema :D Hopefully JY next movie The Half Moon Alice/XXXLove with Guan Xiaotong or Wild Grass with Ma Sichun will be released soon. Fighting! :thumbsup:

3) Moving onto ZZ, "My Girlfriend" drama broadcast is just in couple of days!!!

Finally the waiting is over. I am sure everybody has seen the trailers including the ZZ butt slap scene :phew: It does look it could be a funny drama which is always a plus in my books when it comes to the romance dramas. I have to say that Bridgette seems to be slamming the role as well, so expectations are high once again.

The schedule is a tiny bit crazy because for VIP they will release 8 episodes on 8th October, which is impossible to manage in one go (at least for me). But lets see how it goes. The full schedule in spoiler, cr. Youku.

Spoiler

I2ZWRv4.jpg

It starts on 8th October, streaming on Youku and Mango TV (only web release for China region so far). The non-VIP schedule is 1-2 episodes per day Tuesdays to Thursdays. Viki should also have license and Thailand gets special release.

4) ZZ Bday concert is coming up on 20th October, in Beijing again, but this time the venue should be bigger, which means more tickets available, yet ppl say due to the concert setup only half of the full capacity should be available. The organization this year is firmly in hands on ZZ and his team, so we got relatively early announcements and no more "free tickets" scheme either. Thank you ZZ!

The concert is named "White Time Zone" and ZZ is "messing" with fans yet again because he has hidden a message in the promo posters using Morse code :ph34r:

Apart from that, cpfs had some fun with the "white vs. black" theme and created similar poster for JY and his upcoming birthday ;) Gotta love the fans :wub: (see spoiler)

Spoiler

i realized there is no cr.on the photo and i forgot to note down who had made this :(

l1Gm6zD.jpg

So we got lots to look forward in October!

Happy streaming everybody!:wub:

• Like 4

There is also important voting for ZZ, so I wanted to post it separately.

MTV Europe awards, ZZ nominated in Greater China Act.

voting link: HERE

No special account or login needed, voting open to everybody and link works both in China and outside.

Just find ZZ and click the button:

XG06yts.jpg

After 5 seconds the voting is open again and it seems limitless

PJzOV5E.jpg

(the voting button now says "vote again")

Voting deadline 2nd November before midnight CET timezone.

Please everybody hit those buttons mercilessly! Thank you :heart:

Little motivation, spotted JY at local Diesel store, see spoiler:DB)

Spoiler

FElWnLa.jpg

ZUbBYF3.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Just began watching this show after being recommended in this forum. Does this have a s2 or is it just the 15 episodes of s1? So far I'm lolling with the classroom shananigans lmao Is there any meaning to offering paper towel to someone? Is it considered romantic?

• Like 1

On 11/17/2019 at 10:18 PM, AnniaD said:

Does this have a s2 or is it just the 15 episodes of s1?

Yes, its 15 episodes in total. and hours and hours of BTS :P

Lots has been happening in Yuzhou world and I had no time to post pretty much anything about it here :sweatingbullets:

1. ZZ My Girlfriend drama

After the cheesy trailer, the drama itself turns out to be very funny and many scenes and sub-plots are truly original. ZZ is delight to watch and finally (compared to Love Evolution) he can showcase way more of his acting skills. In China the release was limited to Youku platform (at least so far I havent seen any notice about a TV station picking it up), but we got international release on Viki, special broadcast in Thailand, on We TV and even Youtube channel with ENG subs (link to the first ep. in spoiler).

Spoiler

2. ZZ Birthday Concert

Unfortunately, this year I havent had the chance to go myself and there was no official livestream, so it was all about cpfs on-site reporting and many were trying to run a livestream or at least sharing videos and photos. ZZ had a great selection of awesome costumes that I was bit missing last year :wub: My friend said that at the concert ZZ said next year he will probably get bigger venue and probably Beijing again.

On the other hand, JY will not hold a fanmeeting for his birthday due to working commitments, but many were hoping for some kind of livestream. Now it looks like JY will have ECCO event in Shenyang on 30th, so lets see about that.

The birthday boys :rolleyes:(no spoiler, cr. on the pic)

zrTYPKR.jpg

3. ZZ Our Songs show

After the "famous" Shake It Up dancing show last year, ZZ has returned to Dongfang TV to participate in singing show "Our Songs" (direct translation). The format loosely copy the Shake it up. We have two groups, A and B. First two episodes were group A, where there is ZZ. There was the blind pairing of the young contestants with their senior mentors/coaches, followed up by the second episode where they were singing duets. The idea seems to be pairing the "old" with the "new" in terms of music. So far, ZZ has followed his partner Mr.Fei in both song selections and style of singing, but he said he will bring more of his own style (rock) to their cooperation.

In the second episode, the first round of votes are by audience present which is grouped by age - ppl born in 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and 00s. My friend said most of them are music professionals, rest are fans. In total 261 eligible votes. There were also additional points allocated by the opposing teams (10 point each). The result of the two rounds was that ZZ was in the third place.

Episode 3 and 4 was the same for the group B. Next week should be "battle" between A and B group, but not much is known about the rules, so we have to wait and see.

See spoiler, ZZ and Mr.Fei in preparation enjoying what seems to be sushi and cakes :D (cr. ZZ studio)

As everybody probably knows by now Mr.Fei made special appearance on JY Let Go of My Baby. Cant forget how the guys were watching Mr.Fei sleeping and afterwards stealing the bed linen :lol:

Spoiler

60yXyWe.jpg

Ep.1 Youtube official channel

Spoiler

Ep.2 Youtube official channel

Spoiler

I know that its hard to watch without subs, but just listen to ZZ songs, like the videos and leave nice supportive comments. Thank you!:wub:

4. JY Feel the World program

JY traveling adventures in Australia from iQIYI. So far 2 episodes aired and iQIYI is releasing them with Eng subs, so thats an easy one!:) Simon (his father actor from Thunder drama) is taking JY from one fun activity to another and JY really seems to be enjoying. And bonus, as with Let Go of My Baby, we get to see JY napping. my favourite :phew: I dont want to spoil all that content, go watch it for yourself, its worth it! ;)

Just one pic in the spoiler to kinda set the mood (cr. on the pic)

Spoiler

s7Do5Ui.jpg

5. JY Chase Me show

JY  new variety show with "sports" theme. No eng subs that I am aware of, but rather easy to watch as the whole premise is one person/team chasing the other. There is the permanent crew that JY is part of (together with Chen Waiting, Fan Chenchen, Song Zuer and after temporary of permanent change another girl from the girls band Rocket girls). For every episode we get special celebs guests and some pro-athletes. They mix up the teams, sometimes its one on one battle, sometimes its relay.

The mini games in between are usually to add time advantage for the running team.

I heard there should be 12 episodes in total, so with one episode every week, that will keep us entertained throughout the whole December :w00t:

JY gets to compete with or against some of his "friends", such as Li Chen in the latest episode. My friend told me he and JY have known each other for quite many years, when JY was still modelling. He is the one that JY got into the BJJ style fight in the tear-the-name-tag game, which turns out rather fierce :crazy: In so far unreleased episode we have the tough girl from Operation Red Sea, we also have NanNan from Let Go of My Baby (I read some comments that JY picked up NanNan by one hand in style of picking up his female costar in We Are Young drama. and also that JY helped NanNan to get out of the balls pool after he fell in there.).

Link to  Ep.1 on Youtube official ZheJiang TV channel in spoiler.

Spoiler

The filming is quite difficult, they usually record during the night till early morning. You can see that it was even raining heavily and was rather cold. JY was also sick during some of the recording.

There is the famous "joke" about JY have muscle cramps in his butt after running. After Chen Waiting finished his run, he said he is like Huang Jingyu, got the butt cramps as well :sweatingbullets: which they followed up with JY giving CWT a birthday cake with photo of said CWT complaining about his butt:D

I got more stuff, but as this post is getting rather long, so I stop here with the "whats on Yuzhou TV"  segment ;)

Happy watching everybody!

Edited by tuzicr
errors fixed
  • Like 6

I got hooked on BL after The Untamed!!! I looked around, and got ADDICTED^^!!! Really like the storyline, acting and funny bits from this short drama. Although GH is crazy in the drama, but his chemistry with LBY can't be denied. They are just made for each other!!! JYJ and ZZ actors are the OTP for this show; I can only see them as BLY and GH :)!! GH is handsome, muscular and manly looking; while BLY is more cute, handsome and pretty looking. So, their looks complement each other; and puts their personality together; then there is a disaster for masterpiece; they are both crazy and hilarious!! I started reading the chapters, and OMG it is way more juicier in there!!! I hope there is a season 2!!!!! Sadly, the original actors probably won't start in season 2 because of how popular and hotness the drama got from season 1!!! If there is a season 2, as long as they can find similar looks to ZZ and LBY; then I think that's good enough^^. 

edit: I started reading the BL novel 1 and it's soo good!!! I watched their fan meeting and BTS, and it's just so funny!!! I never knew I would like BL this much lol!!! Addicted 2 would be a dream come true!!! Hopefully Taiwan can pick it up!!!! 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Happy New Year everybody!

2020 it is and soon its gonna be the year of Mouse or Rat (whichever you prefer).

Yuzhou has been busy the last couple of months (as always), so just few major highlights.

1. JY finally finished filming Love Advanced Customization with Miss Dilireba (which had not stopped the hungry wolves and the gossip mongers of the world wide web from spreading the lies and slander:angry:) and moved to a new filming crew of "My Dear Uniform", where his co-star is Li Qin (who seemed to be rather widely accepted by the yuzhou fans).

See spoiler for JY new drama pic (kinda :D), cr. on the pic

Spoiler

VxGfKKC.jpg

2. ZZ has been on a bit break from filming, which means he was all around the place recording for the new year, chinese new year programs and threw in couple of livestreams for good measure. the most fun was ZZ and his dumplings-making livestream on 12th January via Tiktok app :lol:

I always say that ZZ has a high entertainment value and this stream totally proved it. Its not easy to livestream by himself for more than one hour and make it fun and interesting to watch. Sure, there were couple of questions to anwer and ZZ was making dumplings as the main activity, but still, its not like ZZ could have rehearsed much. Its just 100% ZZ :rolleyes:

For me, the most funny was ZZ giving names to his four dumplings. Especially when he called them to jump into the water to boil as if they were going for a swim :lol::lol:

JY also supplied us with a cooking theme show (trans. "A table of New Year's Eve Dinner") where he showed us more of his hometown special dishes, talked bit about himself and how he was spending new year holidays when he was a kid and cooked some dishes himself, including the fried yellow croaker (spicy fried fish dish).

See spoiler for cooking yuzhou, cr. on the pic

Spoiler

gg9BVUG.jpg

3. ZZ KFC campaign.

Another nice hit by ZZ. After the crayfish burger (surprisingly spicy considering ZZ himself cannot eat much spicy food ;)), there was the Pikachu promo. Honestly, I am not a Pikachu fan, but for ZZ I went and got me one :wub:

See spoiler, cr. me

Spoiler

Zw0fXSS.jpg

My particular Pikachu is hand-winded, moves around and even says: "pika pika pika...." :lol:

4. My own highlight of end of the year was definitely getting to meet ZZ in Chengdu for the 2021 Universiade press con on 30th December.

What a story! What an event!

Spoiler

It was (as usual) very last moment, originally planned on 26th December but rescheduled later on to 30th. The funny thing was that there were two venues and nobody knew for sure which one its gonna be, it kinda went back and forth for couple of days. In the end it was a library at one of the local universities.

ZZ flight was schedule to land around 11:30am, so enough time to pick up ZZ at the airport. Local CPF group made even big banner (considering very little time to prepare) and small hand banners and there were really lots of us waiting for ZZ at the airport at the arrival exit no.4 (including airport security)

Well, ZZ went via exit no.5 and totally missed the welcoming party :crazy:

What I heard there was one cpf who met ZZ accidentally because she got lost and couldnt find the right exit, while ZZ got bit lost himself as well and took the wrong exit. :sweatingbullets: As he hopped on the van quickly, we saw nothing

As they say, there is no time like now, so after the miss, we hopped on a taxi and chased ZZ to the library.

Once we arrived, the difficult part was that there were two entrances to the library ready, north one and south one. Obviously on the opposite sides and the south one was on the second floor. So if we pick the wrong entrance, there is no chance to run to the other one in time to see ZZ.

me and my friend decided to wait at the north one, which said "guests rest area". there were the security guys waiting with us, so we thought we are kinda legit. wrong. ZZ took the south one :blink: and once again i saw nothing. Well, i saw his van coming in but at that time i didnt know its ZZ's van :unsure:

So we moved to the south entrance cos there was ZZ just behind two sets of glass door. When ZZ got on the stage to do his part, the security guys guarding the entrances (they didnt like us pushing our faces on the glass door to peek inside :sweatingbullets:), let us come closer, which in turn opened the first set of the automatic doors and we were staring at the "real" ZZ, albeit from afar.

See spoiler for photo, cr. me. that spot in the circle is ZZ :lol:

Spoiler

kcQ6Rxq.jpg

Then ZZ got off the stage and we started contemplated the "exit strategy". Again, the two entrances dilemma presented itself.

Do we take the chances that ZZ will exit the same way he came in or he goes via "guest rest area" entrance.

I decided to follow ZZ van. It was parked nearby and at least ZZ should take the came car, right?

However, not to make it easy, there were in total 4 identical looking vans parked :huh: But still, it was the best chance I could think of.

When the press con finished, the "normal" people and guests left, but no sign of ZZ at all. After like an hour or so, some fans kinda gave up thinking ZZ must have left already, but there were no news of sighting ZZ at the airport.

Some of the vans moved and left (we watched all with close looks) and then the last van moved to the north entrance and it did look promising! :rolleyes:

After bit more running, us and security guys as well (those guys had as bad intel as us :ph34r:), to everybody's utter relief, ZZ exited via north exit. Third time is the charm indeed!:wub:

See spoiler, cr. me

Spoiler

fDIQrwz.jpg

PHSk1zh.jpg

ZZ was really cute, waving at everybody and even once he got on the car, the window was bit open and he kept waving at us.

Awesome!:rolleyes:

There are many projects for ZZ and JY in 2020, JY got two movies planned for release (Wild Grass in February and Alice in March), plus couple of dramas (still unconfirmed which should be released when) and ZZ got three dramas  waiting for release (Dear Mayang Street, Midsummer Full of Hearts and Ping Pong). We gonna be busy! :D

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Happy Spring Festival everyone and Chinese New Year wishes to all you awesome rat people!  鼠年快乐!  OMG Tuzicr I sooo miss you and your super fun updates and commentary on our boys!  Thank you sooo much.  I especially love the riveting account of your chasing ZZ.  Gosh I don't think I could have kept up with you all. What loyal fans you are to strategize and figure out your tactics...haha!  And it all paid off, that is such a cool close up pic of our Prince that you totally earned, and I know all of us fans were rooting for you all the way!  I can't believe you got that close to our Meow - you got bragging rights....OMG!!  We are all so proud of you!  

Thanks again for your thoughtful, intelligent, and entertaining coverage of Yuzhou. I admit I am an Instagram junkie, but the comments there are so shallow, and even the most popular postings are from finger wagging mother in laws who act like they know the boys and what's best for them.  It hard to read sometimes.  So I (and I am certain many, many others) would love to hear from you more.  Maybe others -- new voices -- have access to info on the boys and can start posting here again, too.  Would be great to work our way back to a healthy and enjoyable Soompi oasis of joy -- oh well, we can dream.  Just want you to know how much you are appreciated.  Can't wait for the next episode.  Again, wishing you and everyone an amazing new year 新年快乐!  Just me, Snowlight

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Happy 2020 Lunar Chinese New Year to everyone on Soompi! Long time not chatted/commented here, sorry, but heart is still 'fervently', passionately loving and pursuing everything YuZhou like so many of you!:rolleyes: Love is still going strong for our boys I believe so Soompi baobaos, old and young, STAY STRONG! ~~ Wishing you all a very happy, healthy, peaceful new year and all my love and dearest wishes to our two precious beloved boys too!:heart::heart: Thank you 'Tuzicr' and 'Snowlight351' for your dedication and lovely sharing and updates on Soompi ~ :thumbsup:xxx 

• Like 2
  • Love 1