On 1/3/2019 at 6:52 PM, tuzicr said:

Happy New Year everybody!

Its quite hard to believe I have moved to a new year with Yuzhou, still feels like I just "found" them :wub:

Very welcome to all the new fans, I hope you will enjoy it here on Soompi.

Some updates from the Yuzhou world.

I think we all got very excited about the latest addition to Yuzhou couple stuff, namely the suitcases and the top-and-bottom-clothes outfits. See spoiler.

Hide contents

cr. 鲸鱼爱吃喵  weibo

QFjqRZZ.jpg

vWJrtST.jpg

cr. on the pics

WSm74Z2.jpg

BR1z5wY.jpg

Based on this "evidence", our ( @nyota @artemis73 ) conclusion is that Yuzhou needs to color-code their suitcases, cos black is JY, silver is ZZ and red is for the couple stuff :D (just kidding :P)

The second piece of evidence is the overcoat that just popped up in JY's latest trailer for Speeding life - now with official English name "Pegasus". Not only was ZZ wearing the coat, he even did the BJJ-style knot on the belt :rolleyes:

See spoiler

Hide contents

screenshot from official trailer on weibo taken by me

e0L2fl9.jpg

cr. on the pic

SgMcP4E.jpg

Speaking of Pegagus movie, my local cinema replaced a small poster with a brand new big-a$$ poster and finally started showing the trailer. See spoiler

Hide contents

cr. me

IfySm2C.jpg

The more stuff they release, the more hilarious the movie looks like and the less I know what to expect from it :lol:

I also did the end-of-the-year inspection of YZ "merchandise", so here are the results for Fila, Ecco, Coach, Superdry and A&F (all photos cr. me)

1. Fila - great results, JY is very dominant in their in-store communication :rolleyes:

Hide contents

Visited 2 stores

UIsCoRn.jpg

XAalC4w.jpg

2. Ecco - the implementation was slower, took some time for JY to show up in their stores plus they are quite big on the other ambassadors. Personally I am not totally convinced about the Ecco strategy with JY, their position in the Chinese market, their products range and customer base doesnt really fit what they are  trying to do now. But I trust JY that he negotiated well with them ;)

Hide contents

EF33UOL.jpg

3. Coach. Nothing new in Coach, but at least found a Coach store that is very close to an Ecco store, with just Montblanc standing in the way between them.

Hide contents

wjlBVhr.jpg

still the same cool ZZB)

BL3QY15.jpg

4. Superdry - the same as Coach, nothing new there, so I didnt even take any photos, need to wait for spring collection to arrive at the stores

5. A&F - no JY, but there was no JY before either, so still disappointed :huh:

I also managed to watch few more episodes of Love Evolution during the holidays and took some more "Yuzhou evidence". Seeing those, I really hope that ZZ's My Girlfriend drama will  include some kinda of Yuzhou references too. I wasnt sure about JY projects, but after seeing the YZ overcoat in the Pegasus trailer, I think we might get some surprises :wub: Fingers crossed

See spoiler for details, screenshots taken by me from the official YT channel 感谢订阅中剧独播

Hide contents

The one and only JY magazine (I am sure everybody remembers when this was "revealed"). Its really great feeling seeing it in the episode. Zhang Tianai is very nonchalantly skimming through the magazine, while ZZ is focusing so hard on playing the game. I feel like he makes sure he doesnt even glance at ZTA or the magazine :P

DucejS9.jpg

7vIgQWn.jpg

Boss Ding office. There are what looks like his own photos on the desk, which so reminded me and @nyotaof Addicted :lol:

SfZgPvA.jpg

This is not so much YZ, as ZZ being ZZ. Behind the door there is boss Ding talking to his female colleague.

I cant believe this was in the script, this feels like our proactive Libra impro :lol::lol:

r0mNIPQ.jpg

And lets finish with one cool ZZ cos...well, cos he is cool climbing up there like a pro B)

IlQgt3i.jpg

I still have some episodes left to watch and I better hurry, cos JY's Thunder is just around the corner :w00t:

Thats all folks. I would like to wish all of us and Yuzhou only the best in 2019 :wub:

Honestly, I cant wait what Yuzhou adventures are lying ahead of us :rolleyes:

PS. Does anybody know which episode of Let Go of My Baby includes the swimming part? It was probably part of the VIP cut, but not sure. Thank you in advance for any info :rolleyes:

@ Tuxicr - Thanks for the above update. Is it possible or too much to ask of you whether you can or able post the movies ' Operation Red Sea '  and ' The Thunder ' whereby JY acted in these 2 movie to this forum? Would appreciate it very much if you could. Thank you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/9/2019 at 3:15 PM, yeammy said:

@ Tuxicr - Thanks for the above update. Is it possible or too much to ask of you whether you can or able post the movies ' Operation Red Sea '  and ' The Thunder ' whereby JY acted in these 2 movie to this forum? Would appreciate it very much if you could. Thank you. 

Hi @yeammy I am glad you find my "yuzhou reports" useful :) I am not sure what you are after with ORS and Thunder? Are you looking for links to watch or summary/recaps?

According to the latest info (unofficial, unconfirmed), The Thunder air date has been moved to March 2019. Hopefully no further delays.

"Pegasus" movie premiere is on 5th February (no change) and even JY has posted links for buying tickets on his weibo :P

Also an official soundtrack has been just released, the song 一半人生 (translation "Half a Life") co-written by the movie director Han Han and Ashin (main vocalist of Taiwanese band Mayday)

Link to the official video on yt in the spoiler

Spoiler

I am sure I am not the only one who noticed the repeated theme of the vintage light bulbs. It has all "started" at ZZ birthday concert (see spoiler, cr. ZZ studio weibo)

Spoiler

lF54Ylt.jpg

Then JY with his Pegasus promo song at New Year Gala (see spoiler, screenshot by me from official CCTV stream)

Spoiler

AoW8leO.jpg

And now Pegagus OST :rolleyes:

Another funny thing. There is a habit in China to eat a special porridge on the 8th day of 12th month based on the lunar calendar, which this year fell on 13th January. The Thunder weibo posted two posters related to this. The interesting is the one in spoiler, cr. Thunder weibo

Spoiler

GnCdkgq.jpg

Based on the police "badge" number, that should be JY's character holding the bowl of porridge. Now as many know, porridge in Chinese is "Zhou" (粥), different character but same pronunciation as ZZ "Zhou" (洲). Now, where have we seen JY holding his "porridge" like that? :phew:  (no spoiler, screenshot from BTS Thailand DVD, cr. 宇宙糖果屋)

rnNwjxB.jpg

Also the background of Thunder porridge poster looks like universe, or? :wub:

Speaking of ZZ, I have finally finished Evolution of Our Love drama! :w00t: It took me a while to get there, but the job is done :sweatingbullets: Here comes few last screenshots (taken by me from yt 感谢订阅中剧独播), see spoiler for details.

Spoiler

Boss Ding and Aroma went to visit Aroma's parents at their home. Here they are eating some kind of plums (?). While ZZ is still looking cute, I am sorry, but Zhang Tianai was not that lucky :unsure:

Spoiler

GDioLo7.jpg

p1pAEEx.jpg

This was followed by Aroma luring Boss Ding into her bedroom. Look at ZZ's expressions :lol:

Spoiler

TQHlzbc.jpg

LNXpPSm.jpg

Lufei finally got his marriage proposal, but probably not as he had imagined :lol:

Spoiler

qD3SzKL.jpg

He declined...

Spoiler

uhTlSpu.jpg

I sometimes really like the Chinese references :rolleyes:

Spoiler

lSSJSq5.jpg

We also had Lufei's mum "gambling", she nailed it as good as Bai Luo Yin with the "dragon" set ;)

Spoiler

NIZWz0q.jpg

As we know, at the end Boss Ding was cut loose dumped by Aroma and while I can understand the story line, I dont like that we didnt get to see ZZ in the very last episode. Even Lufei's ex-gf aka Annoying Nurse showed up together with her funky Einstein looking friend and Aroma's young ex-bf made an appearance as well. Only Boss Ding disappeared never to be seen again :wacko:

Just for record-keeping purposes, here comes ZZ latest "The Rookies" trailer with Eng subs. Oh dear :blink: the hairstyle. But at least looks like ZZ's voice is his own, which is a big compensation for the hair, but lets see how we like ZZ's hair once Girlfriend drama is released, where he seemed to be bit on the ginger side :lol:

The Rookies movie slated for release on 5th July. See spoiler, cr. Tangren Cultural Film Group

Spoiler

JY had Dior event in Beijing on 10th January and surprise surprise, little Pengpeng was invited too :w00t:

I havent seen any photos of them together, but Marie Claire weibo compiled all the "participants", see spoiler, screenshot by me from MC weibo

Spoiler

CYJCOSX.jpg

Fun fact, I have just discovered "Pengpeng" 彭彭 in China is used as the name for Pumbaa (the cartoon character from Lion King). Thats probably where Pengpeng got his nick from, as Peng 彭 is his surname (just guessing). So now we ( @artemis73 @nyota)  call Pengpeng and Ryan "Timon and Pumbaa" :lol::lol:

Last thing, JY Happy Camp will air this Saturday and it looks like he will play the same game as ZZ did - guessing the Chinese characters. Based on the trailer and Shen Teng frolicking in the feathers, I guess JY's team lost that particular game/round :lol:

(I am kinda hoping that after the Happy Camp airs, JY weibo followers number will pick up bit, because now ZZ is in the lead by almost 100k. not that it really matters, but ceteris paribus...:P)

Happy streaming everybody!

PS. @nyota found the swimming part of Baby let go. Thank you :wub:.

Here is JY cut, see spoiler with yt link, cr. Timmy & Johnny

Spoiler

Edited by tuzicr
corrected typo
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

On 1/20/2019 at 6:48 PM, snowlight351 said:

Awesome updates, Tuzicr -- so clear, thoughtful and always considerate, thanks so much!! Snowlight

Thank you @snowlight351 and Happy New Year :wub:

Let's start with the big stuff, JY Happy Camp :)

For anybody who didnt watch, here is the link for the official YT channel ep (see spoiler). I know its hard to watch without subs, but JY and Shen Teng are so funny, its really worth to see. Also please give the video likes and if possible leave some encouraging comments. thank you! :)

Spoiler

I have watched the episode on Hunan TV on Saturday, so I dont have any screenshots to share, when I have some more time, I will watch the episode once more and then will share. Here is just one pic of  Yuzhou watching JY with me :rolleyes: (see spoiler)

Spoiler

iBzSzyn.jpg

In general, JY seemed to be having fun, laughing with and at Shen Teng. Even NaNa (the lady host), who is usually very competitive, kinda gave up when for the words guessing game she ended up with JY and Shen Teng on her team :lol:

But there is a reason why JY and Shen Teng ended up on weibo hot search for being funny :P Great comeback for JY B)

We are getting closer and closer to Pegasus movie premiere, some cool pics released by their official weibo account just today. See spoiler, unedited photos cr. 飞驰人生

Spoiler

The cool boss :P (JY cut)

SWHcN3i.jpg

The mafia boss B)

0caGtu0.jpg

the zoom zoom boss :ph34r: (how do you like it?)

lyqDzqX.jpg

Some fun stuff I came across on weibo:

1. TOP20 Most adorned celebs NOSES as per netizens feedback for 2018.

ZZ scored No.19, but honestly he should have been way higher, some of those noses shouldnt even made it to top10 :crazy: for example Luhan at No.5 (see spoiler, cr. AIMAN, screenshot from weibo by me). ZZ is right after Jay Chou :lol:

Spoiler

pnpLsrO.jpg

2. TOP20 Most adorned celebs HANDS as per netizens feedback in 2018

We got JY at No.17 and there is Jackson Wang at no.16. (see spoiler, cr. AIMAN, screenshot from weibo by me)

Now I can admit to quality of some of the opponents hands, but what kind of picture they selected for JY? :wacko:

Yes, I left a comment about it on their weibo <_<

Spoiler

xdCfFMf.jpg

We have the Chinese New Year just around the corner and many foreign brands are coming up with special merchandise for the "Year of Pig". One of them is our favorite Vans shoes company, who partnered with a Chinese fashion brand Purlicue to create a special collection.

It has the funny "The Fat Year" written on the bottom of the shoes (see spoiler, photo cr. me)

Spoiler

pyUFyIc.jpg

All the shoes have some pink/red tones and are accompanied by additional "fat" shoelaces. (see spoiler, cr. hypebeast.com)

Spoiler

oJMg7oo.jpg

This ending Chinese year was a special year for ZZ, as it was his year according to the Chinese zodiac (the Year of the Dog) and as we all know ZZ has been spotted wearing red socks and underwear at multiple occasions. The thing with this "special" year is that it can be extremely good year or it could be extremely shitty year for people born in it. Looking at JY and his year two years ago, I can understand why ZZ keeps wearing the red stuff on the daily basis and cant wait for the year to be over.

Chinese ppl say the upcoming Year of Pig should be extremely prosperous, so hopefully it will be like that for Yuzhou as well. Jiayou!

And lets finish with some bit sentimental Yuzhou stuff :rolleyes:

Spoiler

Almost forgot, ZZ was shooting the Chinese New Year Gala for Beijing TV and JY for Dongfang TV (Shanghai).

I hope JY yelled there at some ppl responsible for messing with ZZ during Shake It Up recording, cos its the same tv station

So there are many more hours of Chinese gala programs to watch @nyota :lol:

Peace Out ✌️

• Like 3
  • Love 2

On 1/22/2019 at 2:07 PM, tuzicr said:

Thank you @snowlight351 and Happy New Year :wub:

Let's start with the big stuff, JY Happy Camp :)

For anybody who didnt watch, here is the link for the official YT channel ep (see spoiler). I know its hard to watch without subs, but JY and Shen Teng are so funny, its really worth to see. Also please give the video likes and if possible leave some encouraging comments. thank you! :)

Reveal hidden contents

I have watched the episode on Hunan TV on Saturday, so I dont have any screenshots to share, when I have some more time, I will watch the episode once more and then will share. Here is just one pic of  Yuzhou watching JY with me :rolleyes: (see spoiler)

Reveal hidden contents

iBzSzyn.jpg

In general, JY seemed to be having fun, laughing with and at Shen Teng. Even NaNa (the lady host), who is usually very competitive, kinda gave up when for the words guessing game she ended up with JY and Shen Teng on her team :lol:

But there is a reason why JY and Shen Teng ended up on weibo hot search for being funny :P Great comeback for JY B)

We are getting closer and closer to Pegasus movie premiere, some cool pics released by their official weibo account just today. See spoiler, unedited photos cr. 飞驰人生

Reveal hidden contents

The cool boss :P (JY cut)

SWHcN3i.jpg

The mafia boss B)

0caGtu0.jpg

the zoom zoom boss :ph34r: (how do you like it?)

lyqDzqX.jpg

Some fun stuff I came across on weibo:

1. TOP20 Most adorned celebs NOSES as per netizens feedback for 2018.

ZZ scored No.19, but honestly he should have been way higher, some of those noses shouldnt even made it to top10 :crazy: for example Luhan at No.5 (see spoiler, cr. AIMAN, screenshot from weibo by me). ZZ is right after Jay Chou :lol:

Reveal hidden contents

pnpLsrO.jpg

2. TOP20 Most adorned celebs HANDS as per netizens feedback in 2018

We got JY at No.17 and there is Jackson Wang at no.16. (see spoiler, cr. AIMAN, screenshot from weibo by me)

Now I can admit to quality of some of the opponents hands, but what kind of picture they selected for JY? :wacko:

Yes, I left a comment about it on their weibo <_<

Reveal hidden contents

xdCfFMf.jpg

We have the Chinese New Year just around the corner and many foreign brands are coming up with special merchandise for the "Year of Pig". One of them is our favorite Vans shoes company, who partnered with a Chinese fashion brand Purlicue to create a special collection.

It has the funny "The Fat Year" written on the bottom of the shoes (see spoiler, photo cr. me)

Reveal hidden contents

pyUFyIc.jpg

All the shoes have some pink/red tones and are accompanied by additional "fat" shoelaces. (see spoiler, cr. hypebeast.com)

Reveal hidden contents

oJMg7oo.jpg

This ending Chinese year was a special year for ZZ, as it was his year according to the Chinese zodiac (the Year of the Dog) and as we all know ZZ has been spotted wearing red socks and underwear at multiple occasions. The thing with this "special" year is that it can be extremely good year or it could be extremely shitty year for people born in it. Looking at JY and his year two years ago, I can understand why ZZ keeps wearing the red stuff on the daily basis and cant wait for the year to be over.

Chinese ppl say the upcoming Year of Pig should be extremely prosperous, so hopefully it will be like that for Yuzhou as well. Jiayou!

And lets finish with some bit sentimental Yuzhou stuff :rolleyes:

Reveal hidden contents

Almost forgot, ZZ was shooting the Chinese New Year Gala for Beijing TV and JY for Dongfang TV (Shanghai).

I hope JY yelled there at some ppl responsible for messing with ZZ during Shake It Up recording, cos its the same tv station

So there are many more hours of Chinese gala programs to watch @nyota :lol:

Peace Out ✌️

Thanks for the very detailed update. Jiayou!!! Actually, earlier I was asking where can I have the link to watch Operation Red Sea.

• Like 4

On 1/24/2019 at 6:55 AM, yeammy said:

Actually, earlier I was asking where can I have the link to watch Operation Red Sea.

I see. I am sorry @yeammy , I dont have any links for ORS. I watched it on CCTV and once was enough for me. War movies are not my cup of tea, but JY is really cool there. Recently I read some article on baidu app that the most difficult was to make JY not to blink when he was shooting from his sniper rifle amidst all the explosions. that its a natural instinct for a person to blink, to protect the eyes. So they tried to come up with some ways around it, such asJY had to use ear plugs (which sounds reasonable), but the article said they were also blowing up $hit around JY to get him used to the explosions :crazy: Well, I am not sure if I should say "well done", but JY is like a piece of stone there ;)

Here comes some usual random Yuzhou stuff as usual.

Premiere of Pegasus is just around the corner and the promo is getting really "intense". On 28th January, there was an activity in Beijing, something like "Early Spring Festival Get-together". I didnt manage to watch the livestream, but afterwards many people commented on two things: 1. The director Hanhan is surprisingly short (he was standing next to JY, so figures :lol:) and 2. The red hats.

I had no idea, there are so many ways that ppl can put the hats on :D. JY has his usual style, the hat basically sits on top of his head (see spoiler, all pics cr. Pegasus movie weibo)

Spoiler

WLL4Zdc.jpg

But I think the most ridiculous was Shen Teng. I mean how is it possible to look like this considering its a woolen hat? :joy:

Hanhan next to him probably lost bit of his fashion sense, but i respect his no-nonsense style :P

Spoiler

cvfDnbN.jpg

And then there was this fella at the very right. I am kinda not sure how to describe that style, but guys look like having fun and thats the most important :rolleyes:

Spoiler

PLRz6dy.jpg

One more photo from the get-together....

Spoiler

PrIhxLT.jpg

...the broccoli behind JY is rather funny, but look what (actually its who) is behind Yin Zheng :lol:

(whenever I see Yin Zheng, I am reminded of the stripper-pole dance he has in Pegasus movie. Looks like he has some hidden talents too ;))

Speaking of hidden talents, we got ZZ in the countryside raising the pigs :lol: For a city boy like ZZ, it must have been bit of a cultural shock to come in contact with all those domestic animals. And eventhough everybody who meets ZZ says he smells incredible, I think this time he doesnt smell of roses :lol: (see spoiler, cr. ZZ weibo)

Spoiler

BSb8czW.jpg

As I mentioned Hanhan's height, there was also another Pegagus BTS footage where JY was standing opposite Shen Teng and Yin Zheng and to keep it leveled, guys were standing on a box :phew: (see spoiler, cr. Pegasus weibo)

Spoiler

Q1Ig8aH.jpg

And once more thing for the height (looks like its really popular with JY), Half Moon Alice movie posted the following pic on their weibo...(see spoiler)

Spoiler

lRuymGz.jpg

Not sure what was the point with the centimeters, but personally I am more concerned about Guan Xiaotong's outfit. :blink:

Well, JY has pretty moved on from Alice movie to his new drama which in English seem to be "Meet you", the filming opening ceremony was held in Shenzhen (yes, the new yuzhou city of love :wub:) on 26th January and the lead female is Wang Likun, who seems to belong to Lucida as JY. According to the current info (all is rather tentative, these things seem to change at the end anyway), the release could be October 2019,  30 episodes in total (originally it was 45, so in this case less is more because it could have a swifter pace and less fillers B)).

Spoiler

I have never heard of Wang Likun before, so cannot say much, I am just wondering how she gonna play the bodyguard to JY's character when she is so thin :crazy: well, maybe she got her own sets of fitness equipment in her room now :P, or maybe the script will be modified/adjusted. well, lets wait and see.

Also with the new drama, my favorite JY character gallery has been updated :wub: (see spoiler, cr. on the pic)

Spoiler

a0XT80X.jpg

Moving onto the other JY's project, The Thunder drama. The promotion activities have been gaining momentum, so hopefully that means the release date is soon (knock knock on the wood). Somebody asked in a comment under the latest Thunder weibo post about the release date and reply from The Thunder account was pretty much "please wait patiently". yeah, thanks for the heads-up :sweatingbullets:

However, they keep blasting weibo with new trailers and cool JY posters, so I cant complain too much :rolleyes: (see spoiler, cr. The Thunder weibo).

Spoiler

XH2eTIK.jpg

usLAGPB.jpg

And one equally cool pic from the latest trailer (cr. Thunder drama, screenshot by me)

Spoiler

jwC1ZZo.jpg

JY says "I am unable to run" (in the sense of running away from truth/responsibilities or stg similar). The reason it caught my attention is that it reminded me the scene from Addicted, the BLY kidnapping, where GH says to BLY that he cannot run away (from GH). If I keep watching Addicted, I will probably soon know all the BLY and GH lines by heart :lol::lol:

Spoiler

I also remember some of Lulu's line. E.g. I tried to use her famous line she said to GH "你不是人“ (ni bu shi ren), which I understood as pretty much the literal translation "you are not human". So when my friend was bit mean to me, i said to him 你不是人:P

he said: "its not what you think it is."

I go: "what does it mean then?"

he said: "its like "you are an animal" ". (meaning it Chinese mind its very bad to say to anybody)

So that phrase had to go off my vocabulary list :P

Drama Panda has posted an article about new restrictions imposed on Chinese dramas, if anybody interested the link is HERE.

Among others, there is a new restriction on male actors wearing earrings :w00t: so we were joking that thunder has been delayed because all the blurring-out of the earrings takes longer than expected :P just kidding. lets hope it will be released asap.

Lots happening around JY these days, but we got some funky Yuzhou stuff as well.

Remember Mao Buyi flight-ticket-in-JY-coat "scandal". Well, I typed MBY's name in baidu app and look at the very first picture it shows :o (see spoiler, screenshot from baidu app by me)

Spoiler

gzPPoHF.jpg

MBY is such a cpf :phew:

We also got lots of "fat" stuff going recently around Yuzhou world. It all started with ZZ New Year's Eve livechat where he wished everybody to be "round as pearl, smooth as jade", which is chinese idiom for "becoming fat". Lemme tell ya, my Chinese girl friends  were not amused by that :blink:

Well, at that time it seemed odd, but without any further reference I didnt pay any more attention to it. Today I saw a video of JY where he mentioned (among others) that he found Hanhan a bit fatter than expected. Then I saw on weibo a new song for Alice movie that can be translated as "(I am) fat, what can (you) do about it" :crazy: Then I remembered ZZ lemme-show-you-my-muscles selfies where the weibo caption included "i will not say again i can eat and not get fat" :o

Apart from the pearl/jade idiom, each instance use the same word 胖 (pang) which means fat/chubby.

So maybe ZZ could have been referring to Half Moon Alice movie with his jade/pearl pun?:phew: (note: for those not familiar with the movie plot, Alice is a chubby girl who after drinking some magic potion becomes thin)  Who knows, but I just love these Yuzhou "coincidences" :rolleyes:

Also, some fans suggested that JY "half of selfie" photo was not only taken earlier than when JY posted it on 28th January, but the curtains remind them of ZZ muscle-show selfie :phew: As Bummie says, belive what you want to believe ;) or as Fox Mulder says "thetTruth is out there" :ph34r:

Here some concrete evidence aka the "love posts", see spoiler, cr. JY and ZZ weibo

Spoiler

I6S5uQ5.jpg

KroupQH.jpg

Not sure, I will manage to post before Chinese New Year, so I would like to wish everybody a very happy Year of Pig! Hopefully it will be not only a prosperous year, but a year full of love not only for us, but for yuzhou too :wub:

(no spoiler, cr.me, but I honestly need to work on my snow-writing skills :lol:)

3j5N9Bx.jpg

Edited by tuzicr
typo fixed
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, tuzicr said:

I see. I am sorry @yeammy , I dont have any links for ORS. I watched it on CCTV and once was enough for me. War movies are not my cup of tea, but JY is really cool there. Recently I read some article on baidu app that the most difficult was to make JY not to blink when he was shooting from his sniper rifle amidst all the explosions. that its a natural instinct for a person to blink, to protect the eyes. So they tried to come up with some ways around it, such asJY had to use ear plugs (which sounds reasonable), but the article said they were also blowing up $hit around JY to get him used to the explosions :crazy: Well, I am not sure if I should say "well done", but JY is like a piece of stone there ;)

Here comes some usual random Yuzhou stuff as usual.

Premiere of Pegasus is just around the corner and the promo is getting really "intense". On 28th January, there was an activity in Beijing, something like "Early Spring Festival Get-together". I didnt manage to watch the livestream, but afterwards many people commented on two things: 1. The director Hanhan is surprisingly short (he was standing next to JY, so figures :lol:) and 2. The red hats.

I had no idea, there are so many ways that ppl can put the hats on :D. JY has his usual style, the hat basically sits on top of his head (see spoiler, all pics cr. Pegasus movie weibo)

Hide contents

WLL4Zdc.jpg

But I think the most ridiculous was Shen Teng. I mean how is it possible to look like this considering its a woolen hat? :joy:

Hanhan next to him probably lost bit of his fashion sense, but i respect his no-nonsense style :P

Hide contents

cvfDnbN.jpg

And then there was this fella at the very right. I am kinda not sure how to describe that style, but guys look like having fun and thats the most important :rolleyes:

Hide contents

PLRz6dy.jpg

One more photo from the get-together....

Hide contents

PrIhxLT.jpg

...the broccoli behind JY is rather funny, but look what (actually its who) is behind Yin Zheng :lol:

(whenever I see Yin Zheng, I am reminded of the stripper-pole dance he has in Pegasus movie. Looks like he has some hidden talents too ;))

Speaking of hidden talents, we got ZZ in the countryside raising the pigs :lol: For a city boy like ZZ, it must have been bit of a cultural shock to come in contact with all those domestic animals. And eventhough everybody who meets ZZ says he smells incredible, I think this time he doesnt smell of roses :lol: (see spoiler, cr. ZZ weibo)

Hide contents

BSb8czW.jpg

As I mentioned Hanhan's height, there was also another Pegagus BTS footage where JY was standing opposite Shen Teng and Yin Zheng and to keep it leveled, guys were standing on a box :phew: (see spoiler, cr. Pegasus weibo)

Hide contents

Q1Ig8aH.jpg

And once more thing for the height (looks like its really popular with JY), Half Moon Alice movie posted the following pic on their weibo...(see spoiler)

Hide contents

lRuymGz.jpg

Not sure what was the point with the centimeters, but personally I am more concerned about Guan Xiaotong's outfit. :blink:

Well, JY has pretty moved on from Alice movie to his new drama which in English seem to be "Meet you", the filming opening ceremony was held in Shenzhen (yes, the new yuzhou city of love :wub:) on 26th January and the lead female is Wang Likun, who seems to belong to Lucida as JY. According to the current info (all is rather tentative, these things seem to change at the end anyway), the release could be October 2019,  30 episodes in total (originally it was 45, so in this case less is more because it could have a swifter pace and less fillers B)).

Hide contents

I have never heard of Wang Likun before, so cannot say much, I am just wondering how she gonna play the bodyguard to JY's character when she is so thin :crazy: well, maybe she got her own sets of fitness equipment in her room now :P, or maybe the script will be modified/adjusted. well, lets wait and see.

Also with the new drama, my favorite JY character gallery has been updated :wub: (see spoiler, cr. on the pic)

Hide contents

a0XT80X.jpg

Moving onto the other JY's project, The Thunder drama. The promotion activities have been gaining momentum, so hopefully that means the release date is soon (knock knock on the wood). Somebody asked in a comment under the latest Thunder weibo post about the release date and reply from The Thunder account was pretty much "please wait patiently". yeah, thanks for the heads-up :sweatingbullets:

However, they keep blasting weibo with new trailers and cool JY posters, so I cant complain too much :rolleyes: (see spoiler, cr. The Thunder weibo).

Hide contents

XH2eTIK.jpg

usLAGPB.jpg

And one equally cool pic from the latest trailer (cr. Thunder drama, screenshot by me)

Hide contents

jwC1ZZo.jpg

JY says "I am unable to run" (in the sense of running away from truth/responsibilities or stg similar). The reason it caught my attention is that it reminded me the scene from Addicted, the BLY kidnapping, where GH says to BLY that he cannot run away (from GH). If I keep watching Addicted, I will probably soon know all the BLY and GH lines by heart :lol::lol:

Hide contents

I also remember some of Lulu's line. E.g. I tried to use her famous line she said to GH "你不是人“ (ni bu shi ren), which I understood as pretty much the literal translation "you are not human". So when my friend was bit mean to me, i said to him 你不是人:P

he said: "its not what you think it is."

I go: "what does it mean then?"

he said: "its like "you are an animal" ". (meaning it Chinese mind its very bad to say to anybody)

So that phrase had to go off my vocabulary list :P

Drama Panda has posted an article about new restrictions imposed on Chinese dramas, if anybody interested the link is HERE.

Among others, there is a new restriction on male actors wearing earrings :w00t: so we were joking that thunder has been delayed because all the blurring-out of the earrings takes longer than expected :P just kidding. lets hope it will be released asap.

Lots happening around JY these days, but we got some funky Yuzhou stuff as well.

Remember Mao Buyi flight-ticket-in-JY-coat "scandal". Well, I typed MBY's name in baidu app and look at the very first picture it shows :o (see spoiler, screenshot from baidu app by me)

Hide contents

gzPPoHF.jpg

MBY is such a cpf :phew:

We also got lots of "fat" stuff going recently around Yuzhou world. It all started with ZZ New Year's Eve livechat where he wished everybody to be "round as pearl, smooth as jade", which is chinese idiom for "becoming fat". Lemme tell ya, my Chinese girl friends  were not amused by that :blink:

Well, at that time it seemed odd, but without any further reference I didnt pay any more attention to it. Today I saw a video of JY where he mentioned (among others) that he found Hanhan a bit fatter than expected. Then I saw on weibo a new song for Alice movie that can be translated as "(I am) fat, what can (you) do about it" :crazy: Then I remembered ZZ lemme-show-you-my-muscles selfies where the weibo caption included "i will not say again i can eat and not get fat" :o

Apart from the pearl/jade idiom, each instance use the same word 胖 (pang) which means fat/chubby.

So maybe ZZ could have been referring to Half Moon Alice movie with his jade/pearl pun?:phew: (note: for those not familiar with the movie plot, Alice is a chubby girl who after drinking some magic potion becomes thin)  Who knows, but I just love these Yuzhou "coincidences" :rolleyes:

Also, some fans suggested that JY "half of selfie" photo was not only taken earlier than when JY posted it on 28th January, but the curtains remind them of ZZ muscle-show selfie :phew: As Bummie says, belive what you want to believe ;) or as Fox Mulder says "thetTruth is out there" :ph34r:

Here some concrete evidence aka the "love posts", see spoiler, cr. JY and ZZ weibo

Hide contents

I6S5uQ5.jpg

KroupQH.jpg

Not sure, I will manage to post before Chinese New Year, so I would like to wish everybody a very happy Year of Pig! Hopefully it will be not only a prosperous year, but a year full of love not only for us, but for yuzhou too :wub:

(no spoiler, cr.me, but I honestly need to work on my snow-writing skills :lol:)

3j5N9Bx.jpg

Thanks again for your detailed and informative updates. Wishing you and everybody here "Happy 2019 Chinese New Year. May everybody be blessed with abundance of health, wealth, love, joy, happiness and peace."

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Soompi baobaos, HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!:lol:...May all have a lovely, peaceful, healthy, prosperous, Chubby Pig new year! haha...  YuZhou ALL THE WAYYYYYYY, always!  Thank you all for your continued love, support and commitment to our dearest, awesome, beautiful, gorgeous, YuYu and ZZhou!  Keep fighting and walking slowly, dear all! Big hugs to all.  Love you all! :heart::heart: :kiss_closed: ....(I'm totally 'stupid!'  I've only learned of how to use 'emoji' faces on Soompi!...how many years now...??!!... 3!!!!! :expressionless::lol:...)  Good night, everyone!:kiss_wink:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 2/6/2019 at 12:36 AM, lovehaiyin said:

Soompi baobaos, HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!:lol:...May all have a lovely, peaceful, healthy, prosperous, Chubby Pig new year! haha...  YuZhou ALL THE WAYYYYYYY, always!  Thank you all for your continued love, support and commitment to our dearest, awesome, beautiful, gorgeous, YuYu and ZZhou!  Keep fighting and walking slowly, dear all! Big hugs to all.  Love you all! :heart::heart: :kiss_closed:

Happy New Year @lovehaiyin ! Or as the Chinese cpfs wish 年年有瑜, 洲洲平安 (niannian you yu, zhouzhou pingan) :)

Not sure everybody heard about JY famous "Zhouzhou ping an" phrase, so just short explanation in spoiler.

Spoiler

During one JY "happy new year" video, JY wished (among others) 周周平安 zhouzhou pingan, which means "(be) safe and sound every week". the week "zhou" is the same pronunciation as ZZ's "zhou", so of course every cpf takes it as JY wishing ZZ to be safe :wub: 年年有瑜 was originally "年年有Yu" which means "have Yu every year". "Yu" is a bit play on the words cos we have "Yu" in "Jingyu" as well as his "whale" nick, plus its a habit to eat fish for a Chinese New Year, which is also "yu". People than changed "Yu" into the real JY's character 瑜, so that we end up with "have (Jing)Yu every year".

JY's Pegasus finally hit the movie theaters and this time many international fans could go to see JY on the big screen :rolleyes:

Excluding me cos I am on a biz trip in Europe and they dont show it in my country :bawling:  I wish I could have watched in China, cos they even have English subs :tears: (I was so ready to watch it without any subs anyway, but with Eng subs it would have been perfect)

Well, fortunately somebody else managed to go @nyota, so I feel better :blush:

Spoiler

Also one of my Chinese friend sent me some photos while she was in the cinema, that helped me too. Sorry I cannot share them here, cos its not completely above board to take pics in cinema even in China :ph34r:

One pic I think I can share cos its from a entertainment weibo account, see spoiler, cr. on the pic.

Spoiler

A6MQiyj.jpg

I hope @nyota will find some time to share her experience here on soompi :)

One thing that I would like to mention here and that is that nyota felt like seeing Guhai in JY's Pegasus character, Lin Zhendong. We discussed that we think its not that GH and LZD characters are so similar (well, both are rich and handsome guys :P), but that JY is giving some of his real personality into his acting, hence some similarities. Actually when I was watching the latest The Thunder trailer, I also had a "Guhai moment".

This is a screenshot from the Thunder trailer, JY is surrounded by some bad people and turns his head around (see spoiler, cr. Thunder weibo)

Spoiler

Cnia4wS.jpg

This immediately reminded me of Guhai when he finds out BLY is wearing surprisingly less clothes than usual when going to sleep. See screenshot from ep10 in spoiler

Spoiler

y6EpyKW.jpg

this is the full scene setup

0QUTY14.jpg

Speaking of the characters and personalities, ZZ recently mentioned in some interview, that his character in Pingpong is very similar to his own personality, so I think Pingpong will be very interesting to watch :) Our proactive Libra wielding his pro pingpong pad B)

Many people have been getting ZZ on their weibo welcome page, but seems like I always get very different stuff. Finally ZZ Ambrosial brand started popping up, but they have so many different ambassadors, that I saw like 5 different people before I happen to finally get ZZ! Unfortunately, i am always to slow and didnt manage to screencap zz, only the yogurts :lol: (see spoiler)

Spoiler

YxNMaMt.jpg

Small follow-up on the ban-earring-for-male-actors situation. When seeing the following JY pic, we wondered if the thing attached to his ear is a) a rather avant-garde earring, b) latest high-tech earbud or c) sophisticated cover of an actual earring to comply with the latest requirements concerning the said earrings :lol: (see spoiler, cr. Yoho! Trends weibo)

Spoiler

kHeV5hP.jpg

Whatever the correct answer, I just love the hairstyle :wub:

One more JY thing. The Dandong airport (note: Dandong is JY hometown) released a following weibo (see spoiler, screenshot from weibo by me, translation by baidu trans app cos im lazy)

Spoiler

mgSKQA3.jpg

Translation of the post by Baidu:

XcPGqA5.jpg

It is rather funny cos I remember some time ago (not sure exactly when, sorry), some JY fan commented that they cannot even travel to JY hometown to visit boss' city cos there are no flights. JY saw it and replied/tagged Dandong airport asking them when the construction will be finished. Now, at the occasion of the airport re-opening, they took a jab at JY with their post ;)

I personally find it very funny cos its a rather subtle joke. Also without tagging JY or mentioning his full name, they still played it safe :lol:

Now the big thing, the Yuzhou New Year Gala programs we watched on 5th February. As "luck" would have it, both programs started at the same time at 19:30 China time. I managed to find the program lineups on weibo, but unlike New Year gala, apart from songs performance, there were also some comedy sketches and some general talk, which made it hard to estimate the time for Yuzhou to show up. We also had to split the "Yuzhou watch" and screenrecording within the team.

Finally @nyota ended up on ZZ stream because their program was numbered, so it was easier to follow, also I happen to see photos from Wangkai's performance, who was number 13 and ZZ was number 15 in the lineup. So once WK pops up, we know its almost ZZ's turn :w00t:

Spoiler

The aforementioned Wangkai photo who was performing with Tamia (Tamia is JY's co-ambassador for Ecco, what a coincidence! :lol:), cr. on the pic

RGsFqzN.jpg

I took the watch on Dongfang TV for JY. My Yuzhou Chinese New Year Gala Headquarters in spoiler B)

Spoiler

Bl1PHvJ.jpg

I was running the whole scheme with two phones and one laptop, kinda digital "schizophrenia" :crazy::lol:

My Chinese friend said that JY will probably show up first and ZZ second (they both were kinda in the middle of their respective galas), so we focused first more on JY. Once I while a tried to check on ZZ but I always happened to catch some talk part, so it was hard to see where we are :wacko: and I went back to JY's gala. Then the MC lady said JY's name! :rolleyes: (See spoiler, screenshot by me)

Spoiler

Look how happy they look talking about JY and the Pegasus movie :rolleyes:. They even said that today (as in the day of the gala broadcast) is Pegasus' premiere. Nice promotion :D

npb1tWl.jpg

There was another MC and I think that was the same guy that was MC for ZZ's Shake it up :D

JY's part was not that long, a song medley with Yin Fang, but I personally think it was nice. JY totally pulled off the Dior pink suit including the sneakers shoes ala Justin Timberlake :)

(just one screenshot, the video quality was not that great, but it was nice they included JY weibo account name on the screen in case ppl want to start following him :rolleyes: see spoiler)

Spoiler

vEfz0Lh.jpg

After JY was done, we quickly switched to Beijing TV and within seconds ZZ showed up. It was way too close for my comfort :blink:

The song was rather a simple act as my Chinese friend put it, when I whined about how ZZ couldnt show his singing skills. She told me its not ZZ's concert after all :D I like when she keeps me real :P (just one screenshot of ZZ from CCTV app)

Spoiler

kWcY6Tg.jpg

ZZ went with Givenchy outfit and his silver blazer was a nice change after the "red fever" of Chinese New Year :wub:

As everybody knows, ZZ was part of a "pack of four" that included Elvis, who honestly has been kinda haunting me :sweatingbullets: Not only  did he take a part in the latest Dior collection with JY, and then showed up with ZZ at the gala, but now he also posted a rather flattering post about Pegasus movie on his weibo :ph34r: 

Today JY was flying back to Shenzhen (thanks to Dandong airport reopening he really could fly direct :P) and if the luck and yuzhou work schedules permit, YZ could spend a Valentine together in Shenzhen :phew:

Love is in the air people :heart:

mQJmWvE.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 2

14 hours ago, tuzicr said:

Happy New Year @lovehaiyin ! Or as the Chinese cpfs wish 年年有瑜, 洲洲平安 (niannian you yu, zhouzhou pingan) :)

Not sure everybody heard about JY famous "Zhouzhou ping an" phrase, so just short explanation in spoiler.

Reveal hidden contents

During one JY "happy new year" video, JY wished (among others) 周周平安 zhouzhou pingan, which means "(be) safe and sound every week". the week "zhou" is the same pronunciation as ZZ's "zhou", so of course every cpf takes it as JY wishing ZZ to be safe :wub: 年年有瑜 was originally "年年有Yu" which means "have Yu every year". "Yu" is a bit play on the words cos we have "Yu" in "Jingyu" as well as his "whale" nick, plus its a habit to eat fish for a Chinese New Year, which is also "yu". People than changed "Yu" into the real JY's character 瑜, so that we end up with "have (Jing)Yu every year".

JY's Pegasus finally hit the movie theaters and this time many international fans could go to see JY on the big screen :rolleyes:

Excluding me cos I am on a biz trip in Europe and they dont show it in my country :bawling:  I wish I could have watched in China, cos they even have English subs :tears: (I was so ready to watch it without any subs anyway, but with Eng subs it would have been perfect)

Well, fortunately somebody else managed to go @nyota, so I feel better :blush:

Reveal hidden contents

Also one of my Chinese friend sent me some photos while she was in the cinema, that helped me too. Sorry I cannot share them here, cos its not completely above board to take pics in cinema even in China :ph34r:

One pic I think I can share cos its from a entertainment weibo account, see spoiler, cr. on the pic.

Reveal hidden contents

A6MQiyj.jpg

I hope @nyota will find some time to share her experience here on soompi :)

One thing that I would like to mention here and that is that nyota felt like seeing Guhai in JY's Pegasus character, Lin Zhendong. We discussed that we think its not that GH and LZD characters are so similar (well, both are rich and handsome guys :P), but that JY is giving some of his real personality into his acting, hence some similarities. Actually when I was watching the latest The Thunder trailer, I also had a "Guhai moment".

This is a screenshot from the Thunder trailer, JY is surrounded by some bad people and turns his head around (see spoiler, cr. Thunder weibo)

Reveal hidden contents

Cnia4wS.jpg

This immediately reminded me of Guhai when he finds out BLY is wearing surprisingly less clothes than usual when going to sleep. See screenshot from ep10 in spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

y6EpyKW.jpg

this is the full scene setup

0QUTY14.jpg

Speaking of the characters and personalities, ZZ recently mentioned in some interview, that his character in Pingpong is very similar to his own personality, so I think Pingpong will be very interesting to watch :) Our proactive Libra wielding his pro pingpong pad B)

Many people have been getting ZZ on their weibo welcome page, but seems like I always get very different stuff. Finally ZZ Ambrosial brand started popping up, but they have so many different ambassadors, that I saw like 5 different people before I happen to finally get ZZ! Unfortunately, i am always to slow and didnt manage to screencap zz, only the yogurts :lol: (see spoiler)

Reveal hidden contents

YxNMaMt.jpg

Small follow-up on the ban-earring-for-male-actors situation. When seeing the following JY pic, we wondered if the thing attached to his ear is a) a rather avant-garde earring, b) latest high-tech earbud or c) sophisticated cover of an actual earring to comply with the latest requirements concerning the said earrings :lol: (see spoiler, cr. Yoho! Trends weibo)

Reveal hidden contents

kHeV5hP.jpg

Whatever the correct answer, I just love the hairstyle :wub:

One more JY thing. The Dandong airport (note: Dandong is JY hometown) released a following weibo (see spoiler, screenshot from weibo by me, translation by baidu trans app cos im lazy)

Reveal hidden contents

mgSKQA3.jpg

Translation of the post by Baidu:

XcPGqA5.jpg

It is rather funny cos I remember some time ago (not sure exactly when, sorry), some JY fan commented that they cannot even travel to JY hometown to visit boss' city cos there are no flights. JY saw it and replied/tagged Dandong airport asking them when the construction will be finished. Now, at the occasion of the airport re-opening, they took a jab at JY with their post ;)

I personally find it very funny cos its a rather subtle joke. Also without tagging JY or mentioning his full name, they still played it safe :lol:

Now the big thing, the Yuzhou New Year Gala programs we watched on 5th February. As "luck" would have it, both programs started at the same time at 19:30 China time. I managed to find the program lineups on weibo, but unlike New Year gala, apart from songs performance, there were also some comedy sketches and some general talk, which made it hard to estimate the time for Yuzhou to show up. We also had to split the "Yuzhou watch" and screenrecording within the team.

Finally @nyota ended up on ZZ stream because their program was numbered, so it was easier to follow, also I happen to see photos from Wangkai's performance, who was number 13 and ZZ was number 15 in the lineup. So once WK pops up, we know its almost ZZ's turn :w00t:

Reveal hidden contents

The aforementioned Wangkai photo who was performing with Tamia (Tamia is JY's co-ambassador for Ecco, what a coincidence! :lol:), cr. on the pic

RGsFqzN.jpg

I took the watch on Dongfang TV for JY. My Yuzhou Chinese New Year Gala Headquarters in spoiler B)

Reveal hidden contents

Bl1PHvJ.jpg

I was running the whole scheme with two phones and one laptop, kinda digital "schizophrenia" :crazy::lol:

My Chinese friend said that JY will probably show up first and ZZ second (they both were kinda in the middle of their respective galas), so we focused first more on JY. Once I while a tried to check on ZZ but I always happened to catch some talk part, so it was hard to see where we are :wacko: and I went back to JY's gala. Then the MC lady said JY's name! :rolleyes: (See spoiler, screenshot by me)

Reveal hidden contents

Look how happy they look talking about JY and the Pegasus movie :rolleyes:. They even said that today (as in the day of the gala broadcast) is Pegasus' premiere. Nice promotion :D

npb1tWl.jpg

There was another MC and I think that was the same guy that was MC for ZZ's Shake it up :D

JY's part was not that long, a song medley with Yin Fang, but I personally think it was nice. JY totally pulled off the Dior pink suit including the sneakers shoes ala Justin Timberlake :)

(just one screenshot, the video quality was not that great, but it was nice they included JY weibo account name on the screen in case ppl want to start following him :rolleyes: see spoiler)

Reveal hidden contents

vEfz0Lh.jpg

After JY was done, we quickly switched to Beijing TV and within seconds ZZ showed up. It was way too close for my comfort :blink:

The song was rather a simple act as my Chinese friend put it, when I whined about how ZZ couldnt show his singing skills. She told me its not ZZ's concert after all :D I like when she keeps me real :P (just one screenshot of ZZ from CCTV app)

Reveal hidden contents

kWcY6Tg.jpg

ZZ went with Givenchy outfit and his silver blazer was a nice change after the "red fever" of Chinese New Year :wub:

As everybody knows, ZZ was part of a "pack of four" that included Elvis, who honestly has been kinda haunting me :sweatingbullets: Not only  did he take a part in the latest Dior collection with JY, and then showed up with ZZ at the gala, but now he also posted a rather flattering post about Pegasus movie on his weibo :ph34r: 

Today JY was flying back to Shenzhen (thanks to Dandong airport reopening he really could fly direct :P) and if the luck and yuzhou work schedules permit, YZ could spend a Valentine together in Shenzhen :phew:

Love is in the air people :heart:

mQJmWvE.jpg

Happy 2019 Chinese New Year to you. A very big thank you for the Chinese New Year bonus update.

• Like 3

On 2/8/2019 at 7:45 AM, yeammy said:

Happy 2019 Chinese New Year to you. A very big thank you for the Chinese New Year bonus update.

Thank you and youre very welcome @yeammy :heart: 

Maybe just a tiny note, you dont have to quote my whole post, because its usually rather long and the repost is just taking space. if you would like to quote some specific part, you can select the text and there is a pop-up button "quote selection" ;) if you have any difficulties "operating" on soompi, just send a note, I will try to help.

20 hours ago, TakeMeSomewhereNice said:

Are you still here guys? This topic was so active in 2016/2017.. but now... well :cry: Do you still ship Yuzhou?

Hello there @TakeMeSomewhereNice and welcome here! I cannot speak for the others, but I am still here :D

Currently I cannot manage more than one post every one/two weeks, but I still post. As my posts tend to be rather longish, I would never be able to fit them on insta or twitter :sweatingbullets:  Saying that there are many Yuzhou fans posting on twitter, insta, fb and youtube and of course there is Bummie with her blog (http://yuzhousky.tumblr.com/)

So no worries, yuzhou fans are still going strong B)

Alrighty, here come the usual tidbits from yuzhou world.

1. Voting for JY and ZZ for the Asian "100 Most Handsome Faces 2018"

Both yuzhou nominated, now its the voting phase, even though new faces keep popping up daily. There are two sources, one is insta, second is weibo.

Insta - pls first follow the official account liketccasia (link HERE) and then give likes to ZZ and JY nominee posts (links HERE  and HERE). Each like counts as one vote.

For those with Weibo accounts - again, need to follow the official account first (LikeTCCAsia) and here each repost of JY/ZZ nominee post is counted as one vote (if anybody wants the weibo direct links, shout out please)

Important: without following the official accounts, the votes will be discarded!

Voting stage is till 8th of March, then based on the votes results, there will be some shortlist and the final winner will be chosen by a jury. So please everybody who has not done yet, please vote :wub:

Spoiler

I have tried to make "26 love reposts spam" on 14th Feb at the occasion of Valentine and even though I split it into few batches, I still got  my weibo account blocked for two days :tounge_xd:

2. ZZ Vlog#2

For those who cannot watch the original on Weibo, there is yt upload in the spoiler, cr. 11301020

Spoiler

I think that probably everybody knows the content by now, so just some notes in spoiler from me.

Spoiler

there are two parts in zz vlog (following are translated by me, so take it at face value :sweatingbullets:)

the first part is rather light and funny, its a day of zz working on pingpong movie, his schedule and different activities. well, we see mostly zz eating and training, cos the filming has to be kept secret :ph34r: zz even says that the happiest time of the day is eating :P zz also got this special motivational chant during his workout that basically is that zz wants to eat meat and lots of it :D

second part is ZZ talking while holding the pikachu plushie and here come some highlights:

zz says he has reached 10mil followers on weibo, feels the time has passed so quickly. sometimes the memories can become distorted, but there are many important things and memories that are still very vivid in zz's mind. every concert, every event.

zz feels that he is slowly growing up (becoming more mature), more experienced (in the sense of more professional, seasoned, having greater skills and knowledge)

zz is also asking his fans to support him in 2019, because its an important year for him, as his new drama and movie shall be released. and whatever may happen, zz will certainly "try my best".

I personally think zz sounds very genuine and sincere, so I will also try my best to support him throughout whole 2019 :wub: Jiayou ZZ!

3. 5ML posted on 10th February, one zz post, one jy post

(see spoiler, screenshot from 5ml weibo by me)

Spoiler

D4lyfAY.jpg

qQAzf7V.jpg

The lines at JY pic are easier, "every time (I) walk with you (I am) bit childish". The song's name is "Every time (I) walk with you (I/we) will see a cat" :phew:

ZZ lines didnt make sense to me at all, so I had to consult my chinese oracle, who translated as: "ignite your back profile when you start, dance with dust and rays". Well, i still wasnt much wiser until I found out the song is called "Galactic traveler". So if its about space traveling, it kinda figures :P

Cpfs brought up YZ supposed vacation in Japan last year, that JY was doing funky stuff (playing in the snow and all that) while zz secretly traveled to Japan (you can check Bummie's blog for more details).

Spoiler

My personal opinion is bit different. I mean, the reference to the last year holidays could be relevant, but I dont think thats all there is. 5ml posts usually refer to something unknown (to us) or something that is coming or at least happening at the moment. this reference to the past seem bit too "small" in the meaning if you see what I am getting at.

Since both Yuzhou have been in Shenzhen, JY has been doing lots of "silly" things, just look at all those hilarious videos he shot for Pegasus and even some of his interviews are funkier than usual. So there we have the "childish" yet completely adorable JY.

ZZ as Galactic traveler, I can imagine ZZ sneaking out after finished filming Pingpong to be with JY. The song itself doesnt seem to be that well known, apart from some screenshots I havent found the complete lyrics yet, so I need to check the whole song to get some better idea what this could refer to apart from the obvious. So stay tuned :rolleyes:

Also if anybody got some other interesting ideas, please share :)

Speaking of YZ in Shenzhen, I saw the following on Bummie's blog (see spoiler, cr. yuzhousky)

Spoiler

itLca2x.jpg

It looks to me like JY is checking the shopping list he got from ZZ to buy him some snacks (in vlog1 zz did go to buy snacks in the supermarket there) :lol:

4. JY The Thunder

Still waiting, still no definite premiere date released, eventhough thunder weibo keeps teasing us pretty much daily with videos and posters and whatnot. They also hopped on the Pegasus bandwagon and smartly trying to get Pegasus watchers to smoothly mover over to The Thunder (see spoiler, cr. thunder weibo)

Spoiler

4y5JTAW.jpg

Well, I would love to watch it, just damn, release it finally :crazy: what a headache really :huh:

Under every thunder post on weibo, there are many ppl just asking "when its gonna be released" and even thunder ppl stopped replying to those questions. some comments are even like "the every day question. when its gonna be released." :lol:

Well, lets be optimistic and hopefully it will come soon! Fighting B)

Two more "funny" things re JY.

First, he finally started following Guan Xiatong on weibo (GXT has started following the official Alice movie and the second-male actor quite some time ago, only JY was playing somehow hard to get. My running theory is that JY is carrying out extensive background checks on his potential to-follow candidates :lol: just kidding). Well, apart from GXT, he followed Jelly too. and based on the weibo it actually looks like Jelly was first and GXT second (see spoiler, screenshot from JY weibo by me)

Spoiler

qDoEdVj.jpg

Now Jelly (its not a nick, its really her chosen English name :huh:) turned out to be the co-start from the latest Talu Wang's movie that was just released on Valentine's day (the English name "It started with a kiss"). So JY asked everybody to go watch the movie on his weibo.

Spoiler

interesting thing about GXT, that is not related to Yuzhou. Apparently Chinese netizens admire her legs, for being long and pretty (not my opinion, thats how they talk about it). and it happened already three times to me when i was looking at weibo hot seach list that "guan xaiotong legs" were trending. i mean it was always around 3am china time, but it looks like when some chinese cannot sleep, they post about her legs ;)

second funny JY thing is bit more complicated, so I hope I will be able to explain it clearly. Some may have heard about it, so I will put in in spoiler. it concerns Pegasus and JY's brown overcoat.

Spoiler

It looks like somebody noticed that the brown overcoat JY is wearing in Pegasus movie, he had been wearing previously in connection to Longines event back in 2017. (see spoiler, cr. both Mango ent. weibo)

Spoiler

TcumpWF.jpg

Pegasus

DGFHpcb.jpg

So of course this became a thing on weibo under hashtag "huang jingyu rich person doesnt change clothes" and many other ppl were digging out photos of JY wearing the same stuff in different years :lol: nobody was mean about it, it was just innocent fun, really.

However, that was not the end. Cos Hanhan (director of Pegasus) posted on weibo asking ppl to post their favourite lines after watching Pegasus movie. So JY contributed as well, citing the "destroy Lin Zhendong" line :D To which Hanhan commented: "You'd better go change your clothes" and JY replied: "You too". :joy:

(my screenshot from  jy weibo with hanhan and jy comments in spoiler)

Spoiler

bdYYuGf.jpg

End of the story :lol:

5. Last but not least and equally important, we got Addicted dvd officially released in Japan, therefore to commemorate the occasion, one Addicted theme pic from me :wub:

e6vGm2W.jpg

Edited by tuzicr
typo fixed
  • Like 3

Tuzicr, you are amazing and your updates are so fun, refreshing and keep me on the edge of my seat! Thanks for being so dedicated and upbeat, GREAT JOB!  Love the JY brown coat story - ha!  And how fun, there will be a Yuzhou Universe orbiting soon in Japan with hundreds of thousands of Japanese fans having sleepless nights just like us , chasing down the latest on our two boys -- love it!  Thanks, Snowlight

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Tuzicr and everyone, speaking of Addicted in Japan...look what popped up on Youtube, a comic version of Addicted in Japanese.  It has scenes with them eating the red tanghulu fruit candy and the super hard moon cake  that Guhai tried to feed BLY (that was hilarious) and BLY giving Guhai the red scarf, all in Japanese!  

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Hii everybody! its been a while~ so good to see that soompi is still alive.. we have to thank @tuzicr for that. Your updates are really fun to read:wub:

@yeammyIf Im not mistaken, Red Sea Operation was also in Netflix so you can watch it there.. but if you guys have some problems w Netflix (like me :sweatingbullets:) you can watch it for free using the link below but you have to get through a lot of ads before you can watch the movie. But it worths all the hassles because the video is in HD. Link in spoiler.

Spoiler

https://ww2.fmovies.film/movie/operation-red-sea-2018-zx1/watching.html/

There are 3 servers. I always prefer openload bc it always gives option to add english subtitles files online but somehow openload doesnt work for me for this movie. Im afraid there is no english substitle for other servers. If you still wanna watch it w eng subs, you have to download the movie first and add eng sub offline..

If the link is broken, you guys can dm me in IG (same username) because I might not notice it if you dm me in soompi. 

But if some of you are hesitant to watch the whole movie (like me:sweatingbullets: bc I also dont like watching war movies at all) but still wanna watch our JY in military uniform holding his big guns, I rec you to watch this instead. This is JY's scenes in ORS compilation.

Anndd thank you @sohocomo I dont know why but its really hard to find good high quality english YZ fanfics online. But your fanfics are my saviour! Im proud to announce Ive read all your fics and reread some. You are one of my favourite YZ authors in Wattpad :D besides AbbieButtonbee and Beloved_Sienna.

These 3 authors' works are in my top list. Check out their works guys! They are great! And Im still searching for new YZ authors too. Someone please rec me some good YZ fics or better yet, introduce me to other great YZ authors. Im craving YZ fics rn :P

@TakeMeSomewhereNice I think most of the CPF Soompiers have moved to IG. No worries dear. YuZHou ship is still sailing hard! like @tuzicr said, CPFs are still going strong! Especially when YZ are in the same city during this Valentine"s month haha

13 hours ago, snowlight351 said:

a comic version of Addicted in Japanese.

How I wish I understand Japanese rn :tears: GH and BLY in that manga looks real cute. @snowlight351 Do you have the link to the original dojinshi?

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Hey Chocohatechip and all!  I actually don't know anything about manga, I just thought it was funny how it popped up on YouTube right after Tuzicr mentioned Shangyin was just released in Japan.  

I'll also say that I don't read YZ fanfic and didn't know there were a lot of writers.  But I do remember reading a couple of Sohocomo's stories here on Soompi over the last couple of years. On my first read, I totally blushed after the first page...paused, and then read on with reckless abandon!!! With all the different writers, Yuzhou and others, it sounds like a genre all its own...hello, I've been living under a rock, I need to explore more! Cheers Sohocomo!  

See a short YZ 3rd anniversary YouTube tribute in the spoiler.  Bittersweet memories :-(

Spoiler

Just sharing in the spoiler my own opinions of Operation Red Sea!

Spoiler

Last year, ORS was one of the Asian film options on an airplane my friend flew on.  Hard to believe, but it was there along with a handful of Korean, Japanese and other Chinese dramas. Talk about a global release!  I saw ORS when it first came out. I appreciated seeing JY on the big screen, that alone was awesome.  

But TBH, in my opinion, it seemed like a hyped up gov-backed military propaganda film with beautiful epic cinematography and effects, unnecessary gore, an important storyline that got lost, and was about 30 - 40 min too long. It looked expensive.  It  also came across like the government was sending a patriotic message to its citizens, and was flexing its muscles with its "in your face" message to foreign powers (US, Japan, Philipines, Taiwan?) about the South China Sea.  I thought JY played his role really well, and a couple of the main roles were solid and well acted. I think the movie was "good" but maybe not "great."  I also think JY has much more to offer as he gets better at his craft, searches for different and more complex roles, and perhaps is more selective of what he does.  I sometimes feel like he's just churning them out like a movie mill which of course brings him work - a good thing - but I don't want him to end up being just a handsome B actor.

That said, ORS was the perfect career move for him, and it wouldn't surprise me if it wins the Oscar for best foreign film. It looked like there were well-connected sponsors with deep pockets who did advertising on steroids - so it's plastered everywhere for sure. But all JY fans will love seeing our Boss on an international stage, and I also think his looks and popularity made it a huge success among the younger generation in China, IMAO.  I hope he got a big chunk of change for that!  Again friends, just my opinion.  

What do you folks think?  Snowlight :-)

• Like 3

Hello! 

I'm a big fan of this drama. 

I would like to read the novel in english with my new e-book (kindle).

But I wasn't able to find a MOBI or EPUB or TXT or PDF. With the full novel! :(

I'm sure many of you have already read it!, can someone help me to read the novel on my ebook? 

Thankssss!

• Like 1

Hello everyone,

I’m very new to this fandom and this forum as well. 

First of all, I just want to say that I was never into TV series or movies between men before, because I never found one that was impactful or good enough (maybe just 1). But a few days ago, on my Instagram I saw some suggestions and one of them was a short clip of Addicted. It was the scene where Gu Hai was asking a sulky Bai Luo Yin questions (after Gu Hai kissed Bai Luo Yin’s bruised ankle) as they were in bed. It didn’t look like anything spectacular, but for whatever reason I went to Youtube to see more about it. I ended up bingewatching the 15 episodes at one sitting. And when I finished I cried and cried, because my heart was full of emotions from the whole thing. Addicted is the best love story (between men) that I have ever come across, and a big part of it is obviously the 2 stars (Johnny Huang and Timmy Xu) portraying their respective characters. 

Secondly, because I’m very new to this forum, I haven’t had a chance to read every single post on it yet. I will start doing so, though, from the first post dating back to sometime in 2016. If I ever ask a question that has previously been asked and addressed before, please kindly be patient with me and tell me either the answer, or the link to a previous post that has that answer.

Thank you for keeping Gu Hai and Bai Luo Yin alive in people’s hearts.

Edited by manifester
Spelling error
  • Like 2
  • Love 1