Quantcast

On 9/29/2018 at 4:03 AM, Cedric Ong said:

Came across this rumor....S.Korea is remaking this drama. Well nothing beats the original. To think if they can complete the whole story but not same actors...sigh. I had seen this news in chinese sites...but not much in english ones. 

http://weibo-talk.blogspot.com/2018/09/reactions-to-south-korean-remake-of.html

For the korean version I always thought that Taecyeon from 2PM can be a good Gu Hai, They looks similars, but Taecyeon is more talk and old, another option is Casper from Cross Gene, hes chinse too so...:

Spoiler

img20160213223534744.jpg

tumblr_n0x8b45zqc1tnw5y5o2_1280.jpg

latest?cb=20170704125941&path-prefix=es

And for Bauloyin can be D.O from, EXO, but Bailuoyin looks more old.

Spoiler

74-160223153148-50.jpg

IMG_20180920_083721.jpeg

for Meng Qi a good similar actor is SungYu from Infinite

Spoiler

latest?cb=20160522090112

DXArJakVAAACzbT.jpg

... LoL XD 

On 2/26/2016 at 5:18 PM, samscheetah said:

yeah she's a runway model :"> and her face edge is super sharp

6ee0b414jw1f12922cipaj20q00yowk7.jpg

Could you explain to me on chapter 20 of volume 1 about GH and his army discharge? It seems that GH is much more older,isn't he? And in the dramas too

Tattoo exposed on the dramas whoops whoops

D2_M_Thuong_An_Tap_10_HD_Vietsub_mkv_sna

Still not pretty.  BLY is prettier with the big eyes and sweet smile.  hehe

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

On 10/22/2018 at 10:48 AM, Addicted2 said:

She's really pretty, but She looks like a man in the series, and BLY looks like a guy with the Big Eyes Phone App  instead

On 10/22/2018 at 9:48 AM, Addicted2 said:

her beauty is exquisite..not typical Asian pretty but suits well for modeling.

lulu meimei is the ultimate fujoshi..she is the number one fan of yuzhou and fenwhen....she loves the boys like crazy. she was even more emotional than the boys during their 1st fan meet in Shanghai(not sure bout the city..lol).

the boys even treat her as their 5th brother...lol

• Like 5

Long time no see lol. So many things happening, ZZ being the ambassador for the 2018 EU-China tourism year and JY getting an award in the film festival in Tokyo. I want to put the yuzhou tag on the clips of ZZ in croatia being interviewed by the local news channel on instagram, but it's such a big deal that i am trying not to. They already know probably from just looking at his main tags on instagram, but not to the level of the yuzhou tag lol. Tagging YZ and JY in the official superdry tag last year already caused the only fans to go crazy.. 

Spoiler

ZZ must have be so nervous there, even if you can't really tell from his face lol. JY seemed really quiet and not talkative in Tokyo, but he was probably super nervous too. Both of them representing their country, kind of understandable lol.

• Like 2

On 10/26/2018 at 10:47 PM, clon_105 said:
On 10/22/2018 at 9:48 PM, Addicted2 said:

She's really pretty, but She looks like a man in the series, and BLY looks like a guy with the Big Eyes Phone App  instead

The way I see it, she is a model, therefore she has more interesting face than "classical beauty" (whatever that means in Chinese standards). I saw some of her modelling pictures and those were really cool. In Addicted the styling purposely suppressed all her femininity, plus she is really tall, thus the result as we see it. In the Shanghai Addicted fanmeeting, she seemed like a genuine and warm person, but truth to be told, I still find ZZ more pretty than majority of the Chinese actresses/models/idols/celebs I happened to see :phew:

Well, I thought September was Yuzhou-busy month, but October triumphed it!

First, I happened to attend the ZZ Superdry Activity in Chengdu! It still feels quite surreal. Some notes in the spoiler.

Spoiler

I just would like to say I have never participated in any celeb event like this, be it anywhere in the world. So I was not feeling much confident, but stubbornness sometimes gets me quite far :D I was lucky that I was "discovered" on the spot by the local CPFs, who were real nice and they immediately equipped me with ZZ/Yuzhou stuff (hair clip, paper wrist band, banners etc). They were super surprised there is a foreigner who not only is ZZ fan, but YZ fan :P Some of the photos and vids from our insta post below.

Then there was the ZZ concert. Here I would like to get bit sentimental :rolleyes: because I joined Soompi trying to figure out how to get to ZZ concert and some months later I really managed. It was terribly stressful because of the whole "free tickets" situation. I only got my ticket confirmed three days before the actual concert. For the domestic flight to Beijing ticket price I could have traveled to Europe and back, but it was worth every single dime I coughed up on this :wub:

Its simply amazing to hear ZZ performing live. I watched bit of the iQIYI livestream recorded version and it doesnt compare, its very "cleaned out" sound. I understand, but as experience its very different.

The very best was ZZ's rap and growl and his guitar solo. Even the duet with Bridgette from Girlfriend drama was surprisingly nice, because Bridgette has a rather husky, soulful voice, which I didnt expect. Usually the Chinese girls have a high pitch and "sharp" voice.

I am sure everybody has seen lots of videos and photos of great quality, so just few of my photos in the spoiler.

Spoiler

ZZ multiplied :P

UVJobGp.jpg

The sea of green and orange for the Orange sky

1mTBGfm.jpg

ZZ posing with his birthday cake

9QjLCOZ.jpg

When Chenwen entered, I thought it must be some major Chinese celebrity because it felt like whole concert hall was in uproar.

Based on the level of noise coming from the fans in general, I would say CPFs were way louder than BZs. There were clear cpfs "islands" in the audience and all the "Xu Weizhou" usually started in one of them and spread further.

The rainbow theme was quite clear in the stage lights used and there was the "rainbow madness" for the Everything About You song. We were bit worried its 'THE Jy song", but Everything about you is not composed by ZZ and during the concert he said again about his own song for Girlfriend drama, so that is the one we have been waiting for since 5ML posted the "Ordinary day" song by Mao Buyi.

The day after the concert we went to see some of the famous "Beijing Addicted shooting" places, but I will post about it other time, as I still havent sorted out the photos and videos of that.

Then we have ZZ Photobook, which got delivered just a few days ago. Its a loaded book with so many pictures! For 60RMB, thats a bargain. Many photos are ZZ posing with snacks, there is one in front of Ben&Jerry store, in the supermarket and the now-famous cookie and the milk photos :lol: Again, the cyberspace has been flooded with the photos, so just one yuzhoufied in the spoiler.

Spoiler

9L4TKtG.jpg

To counterbalance another ZZ avalanche, few "news" about JY.

The cinema we usually go to have already the poster for the Fast life/Speeding life movie (see spoiler)! Thats what I call proactive :thumbsup:

Spoiler

3kja7hR.jpg

JY also just reached 10mil weibo followers and as the "fan welfare", he was interacting with fans on his supertopic just few hours ago. I got an echo from my friend, so I quickly joined the supertopic and posted few comments. It was kinda high adrenaline situation, lemme tell ya :w00t:

And I will finish with a Yuzhou news. Today ZZ landed at Beijing airport while JY was there too. Both Yuzhou at the same time at the same airport :wub: Grapevine says ZZ landed earlier, but JY actually left after him. Well, they probably landed at different terminals anyway, but still :rolleyes:

Good night everybody!

• Like 6

Dear my fellow CPFs, I'm sure many of you are upset with the latest rumour about JY. It's alright. Let's cry, smash a pillow or two, get a group hug and then become stronger again together. Let the whole universe knows that no matter what happens, we will always believe in YuZhou.

Spoiler

Without sadness there's no happiness,

Without pain there's no love.

Remember, we have diamond hearts. We can do this.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, ChocoHateChip said:

Dear my fellow CPFs, I'm sure many of you are upset with the latest rumour about JY. It's alright. Let's cry, smash a pillow or two, get a group hug and then become stronger again together. Let the whole universe knows that no matter what happens, we will always believe in YuZhou. 

:heart:

13 hours ago, ChocoHateChip said:

Remember, we have diamond hearts. We can do this

So thats why it is said "diamonds are the girls' best friend" :rolleyes:

Just trying to ease up the atmosphere here, but sincerely thank you @ChocoHateChip for the lovely words.

I am sure everybody read lots on different social medias, no need to repeat it all here i think.

From my personal side, I just want to show JY that even though its very difficult situation, I fully support him and will never leave him or ZZ, or abandon Yuzhou.

There is not absolute truth in this matter, as there have never been one for Yuzhou. JY got backed into corner bit now and he needs to make (already has done) what the politicians call "unpopular measures". I will keep supporting him and his decisions.

I will also keep looking forward to the Thunder drama and Flying/Speeding life movie :wub: (somebody should really release an official English name for the movie :blink:)

One manip at the end. Maybe not the best one, but it quite fits (cr. on the pic) :phew:

zRVrHVM.jpg

• Like 4

I'm sorry, but I don't follow YZ on other social media, or if I saw some posts, they're in Chinese, which I don't speak. Could someone summarize what is happening?

7 minutes ago, kyrie777 said:

I'm sorry, but I don't follow YZ on other social media, or if I saw some posts, they're in Chinese, which I don't speak. Could someone summarize what is happening?

Please go at http://yuzhousky.tumblr.com/

There is detailed account of the events and all in English.

:heart:

• Like 1

I think even without discrediting all those photos...a person who was practically raised by grandparents would not have violent tendencies in an asian set up. this will stir something up for sure but those who truly love yuzhou will never be shaken. yuzhou 4ever!

• Like 3

As the $hitstorm continues, its time to share some good news ^_^

We have two award nominations for JY!

1. If you remember The Hundred Flowers Movie Award, public voted for JY in "Best New Performer" category (there were 8 candidates in total), now the shortlist for the nominees has been announced, we are down to 4. The final vote is decided by the jury.

See spoiler, cr. Hunder Flower Weibo account

Spoiler

JY nominated for his role in Operation red sea

lB3OWtt.jpg

The award ceremony will be held on 10th November in Foshan, Guangdong.

2. The more recent HuaDing Awards, where JY was nominated in "Best Actor in Contemporary Drama" for his role in Love Knot. Again, the public voting is just a part of the overall "score", the final decision is up to a jury.

Spoiler

OCCjzlU.jpg

The award ceremony will be held on 9th November in Hong Kong.

Let's wish boss good luck to bring it home ;)

Another exciting thing, we have a new voting for both JY and ZZ - Esquire Magazine Annual MAN AT HIS BEST Award.

JY in Annual Breakthrough category

ZZ in Vocalist of the Year category

Voting period from 6th till 30th November, its 1 vote per Wechat account, public votes account for 30% and 70% expert jury.

Bummie on Yuzhousky blog made a full how-to-vote description including downloading wechat app details, please follow the link HERE

Currently we are looking good on the votes, but its only the beginning. (Who said that recently? :phew:)

(see spoiler for current status, cr Esquire)

Spoiler

JY current votes total (first from the top)

bmcFyZq.jpg

ZZ current votes total (first from the top). As usual, Mao Buyi is "stalking" ZZ :P(MBY is the third from the top)

st2P1ct.jpg

Lets heat up those phones people! :thumbsup:

Last but not least, yesterday was Yuzhou 3 years anniversary since they met for the very first time :wub:

Spoiler

Love is in the air :heart:

• Like 5

Hi Soompi family -- long time no see, miss everyone! Been away for months, too busy to join the conversation. Just got a break so I thought I'd jump back in for a little while to say "Hi!" Nice to see so many new fans leading!!  Thanks Tuzicr and others for your positive upbeat spirit, love it!!!   Also, REALLY Miss Bearo and the old timers who laid the foundation for all of us and gave Soompi that special rhythm and feel for the past 3 years (sending them vibes of goodness and gratefulness!).  

I would like to celebrate the Boys and honor them on the 3rd anniversary of their first meeting. They bring soooo much joy to our lives!  While our talented Sunshine Meow is on a spectacular epic roll at the moment, what do you say we shine some of Zhou Zhou's warm positive LIGHT onto his Big Fool, our tiger-tooth Whale, sending him strength, peace, and our unwavering loyalty -- FIGHTING!  Speaking of karma....wouldn't it be awesome if JY scooped up a bunch of awards and that his upcoming movies be blockbuster hits?!!  FIGHTING!!!  :-)   Happy Anniversary JY & ZZ!  Love, SNOW LIGHT

PS:  Enjoy the following fan made posted on YouTube by Polthap Jalarnsuk (WARNING!  Have a box of tissue ready -- sniff, sniff!)

• Like 4

Hi there -- gosh, not seen it this quiet in Shangyin Soompi Town before. I know lots of folks have moved over to Instagram, that's where I hang out daily myself.  Soompi was my daily fix for almost a year and the place where my life as a fan took root, so it's kinda sentimental, but I guess things change.  Here's a last hurrah for Soompi before I make my exit:  

See this awesome 8 1/2 min montage of Zhou Zhou.  We all have seen probably 75% of the images but there are new ones in there I've not seen before.  What is striking is Zhou Zhou's command of the camera shot -- HE is in control, not the photographer.  To me he has totally distinguished himself as an A Lister fashion model -- even the most outlandish outfits come off looking artsy and edgy, he can literally wear anything and sell it.  It's like he's not wearing the clothes, the clothes are wearing him.  He is a pro's pro, no question. No wonder all the top design houses around the world want him.  He NEVER does the runway -- only features.  And he is alwasy invited as a front row guest and asked to weigh in on fashion trends -- what an exclusive club to be in for someone who has only been in public lime light for a couple of years. We all know he has a reputation for being easy and friendly to work with, but he also gives common access to high fashion merchandise so he is cash cow for the industry.  If all this boy did was model, he'd be an icon, but he is a multiple threat across industries as we know.  This is such a good video....enjoy!  See ya!  Snow Light

Youtube:  HandClap & Pacific Rim 看久了会中毒 BTS photoshoot

• Like 5

Hi Addicted fans! I was a very active member of this forum... And I was (and still am) a CPF. It has been two long years since I last posted anything on this forum and I am glad there are still fans who are consistently updating the thread.

I am currently working in Malaysia and while I was walking around Pavilion (a famous shopping mall in Kuala Lumpur) I saw ZZ's picture for Coach. Naturally, I fangirled (that young fangirl self popped out haha and my ultra conservative fiance was asking me what movie/tv series he was in that I was so ecstatic about seeing ZZ's face - I mentioned Addicted/ShangYin but didn't elaborate further...). When I went home that day I straight away logged into my Weibo (haven't done so for so long) to keep up with the latest updates & obviously checked up on JY's latest updates. Of course, he still looked handsome as ever and I am so proud of them T^T 

I got teary-eyed to see how far they have come since then. I love them so much and I wish them well. I miss those days where I still have time to keep up with all the updates from them. Missing all of you old friends I have made here in this forum too. 

Love you all, each and every one of you YuZhou fans. (ZhouYu too... But ya know I have always preferred YZ over ZY :P)

• Like 6

On 11/7/2018 at 6:12 PM, snowlight351 said:

Hi Soompi family -- long time no see, miss everyone! Been away for months, too busy to join the conversation. Just got a break so I thought I'd jump back in for a little while to say "Hi!" Nice to see so many new fans leading!!  Thanks Tuzicr and others for your positive upbeat spirit, love it!!!   Also, REALLY Miss Bearo and the old timers who laid the foundation for all of us and gave Soompi that special rhythm and feel for the past 3 years (sending them vibes of goodness and gratefulness!).  

Hello @snowlight351 and thank you for dropping by here. I think everybody tries to pitch in where they can. There are lots of ppl working hard on insta, twitter, fb, blogs etc. I think all the platforms are covered up pretty nicely ^_^

22 hours ago, izziehudson said:

Hi Addicted fans! I was a very active member of this forum... And I was (and still am) a CPF. It has been two long years since I last posted anything on this forum and I am glad there are still fans who are consistently updating the thread. 

Hello @izziehudson to Malaysia as well. Hope it wont take another two years before you visit again ;)

Yuzhou has been very busy and once again I had a hard time keeping up with them :sweatingbullets:

So just rather quick (yet still longish :lol:) summary of some of the events in the past two weeks.

1. The highly anticipated JY awards. Gosh, what a roller-coaster that was! :blink:

First on 9th November, there was unexpectedly (at least to me) Nomination Ceremony for the Hundred Flowers awards, where all the nominees received kinda "participation trophy" and JY sang his song from ORS. He was dressed in the cutest white overcoat you can imagine and proper a$$-kicking boots. Loved it :wub:

See photo in spoiler, cr JY studio

Spoiler

tLunJzT.jpg

JY studio also released the "tropic island" styled photos of JY and we finally got to see his smile again :wub:

No spoiler, it gotta be seen :w00t: (edited pic, cr. on the pic)

cmdPTW6.jpg

After the ceremony I thought JY will not attend the HuaDing awards, but how wrong I was. Because not only JY attended, HE WON it! :D

Spoiler

Suck it up Victoria :phew: Lord Helan nailed it :thumbsup:

Jy also changed his outfit, back to his usual blackish Dior suits. Probably was too tight for him because he couldnt reach behind his back to drape the yellow ribbon (whatever is that scarf-looking award thingy called) around his neck. Thankfully he was saved by some foreign dude.

Big congratulations to boss :rolleyes: (photo see spoiler, cr. on the pic)

Spoiler

DMz5ph2.jpg

The next day Jy was back in Foshan for Hundred Flowers awards ceremony.

Now the awards system pretty baffled us because the awards were decided directly live at the venue. Nominees announced and 101 people started pressing buttons to vote who they "liked" most. How bizarre :huh:. It gives a whole new meaning to the "popular" awards.

As we know, Jy didnt get the award in the Newcomer category, but ORS has been very successful and collected many trophies including the best movie. JY definitely contributed to that! He also seemed bit more easy and comfortable, maybe being with his "old crew" from ORS helped to boost his morale and confidence.

When the nominees for the Newcomers have been announced, suddenly a female fan shouted "Huang Jingyu" so loud and clear that everybody could hear it including JY who acknowledged the fan and showed a thumb-up. JY looked rather invigorated by that, so I would like to thank that anonymous fan for that :wub:

I was watching the live stream on TV, so all my photos are crappy, but it was funny when I took this one particular photo (see spoiler), my phone camera recognized JY as a face, but totally ignored the others :lol:

Spoiler

Taken during the speeches after the ORS movie got the award for Best Movie.

yIUgE7g.jpg

2. MAHB Update

We are looking good there people, but still almost two weeks to go. Fighting! :rolleyes:

See spoiler, just took the screenshots today

Spoiler

ZZ

NwrlpKb.jpg

JY

jWpaolB.jpg

3. JY Birthday Party 1130

Wow, thats a brand new headache. Like ZZ Bday concert style, but way worse, because according to the grapevine there are only 1100 seats, so the tickets are very very scarce :crazy:

There was this whole big activity on Doki (belongs under Tencent), where the whole system is that JY is there as a celeb and his fans collects "points" and can pass them to JY to increase his popularity on Doki. The points can be collected by watching stuff, posting about JY, liking and sharing the other posts etc. For JY bday party, the TOP200 fans who gave most points to JY during the set time frame got free tickets. Good luck with that, I was around 3000th place :wacko:

Now there are extra 100 tickets to be given out, but only after registering with Chinese name and Chinese ID card. Missed again :wacko:

The good thing is that thanks to all of us, JY was No.1 in the celeb ranking on Doki :P

See spoiler, screenshot from tencent app/doki by me

Spoiler

7Umhqhb.jpg

Unfortunately, now its a new day, or more precisely a new week, and we (meaning JY) were bumped down to 11th place.

Now "working" the doki, thats very tiring and time consuming. Cos everybody needs likes and comments, so what happens is that ppl randomly like and comment on posts and want/ask to like and comment back. I need to make two posts per day and just getting around 20 comments and likes on each take me around an hour of "giving back". But not to complain, some ppl reply to my comments and we chat bit, so its not all just dull spamming work :lol:

Now the main activity for JY bday party is over, but I kinda keep going with it because maybe it will come useful next year :phew: Jiayou!

The other "fun" activity for a ticket (yep, just one) is organized by JY studio. They asked fans to post a photo of themselves with JY and bluntly say photoshopped photos are not just welcomed but strongly encouraged.

Spoiler

Sounds like they want to show that fans have better photoshop skill than those rumor-mongers who spread all that fake $hit about JY :ph34r:

There are many different photos posted, but I really like the following one. I hope the op doesnt mind me sharing here :rolleyes:

See spoiler, cr. on the pic

Spoiler

3vCBrcA.jpg

Wow, that was lots of JY, so maybe few pics from ZZ Photobook that we yuzhoufied, see spoiler.

Spoiler

Last last, ZZ participated today in the Ping Pong drama filming opening ceremony (is that how they call it? they are so many "special" things I have never encountered before yuzhou happened to me :sweatingbullets:). So ZZ is now officially confirmed to star there with Bai Jingting actor.

Jiayou ZZ!;) Time to pick up those Tiffany diamond-encrusted pingpong paddles again :P

Have a good week everybody! ^_^

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hey there Izzie! I wish there were more photos of ZZ and JY in stores around the world outside of Asia. Whenever I travel I have to hunt high and low and haven't found very many.  When I went to the Jay Chou concert in Sydney I saw ZZ pics at Superdry but not Coach.  When I went to see Mayday concert, I saw only one of him at a Superdry in San Jose.  Nothing at Tiffany.  I even check out Elizabeth Arden and Abercrombie but no JY -- I kinda figured it's only in China or the Asia region.  I can imagine how excited you were to see the Coach ad -- I would have been giddy myself!   Can't wait for JY's B-day celebration!  I with you -- I too am so proud of how far they've come -- like they are both HUGE players in their industry.  I always say Yuzhou.....but I am really Zhouyu to be honest because I am a musician and I can really relate to ZZ's passion for music.  But I can't imagine them as separate stars -- they are linked in my consciousness as a pair.  Now....I am a soft cpf because while I enjoy shipping them, I also think it is possible that they could be brotherly soul mates.  With the one child policy, they didn't have lots of close sibling relationships and these two could just be taken with each other: older brother protective of the younger, younger brother worshipping the older.  But then when you look closely at all the candid footage behind the scenes, JY's eyes are just fixed on ZZ and he is drawn to him--their need to touch and be in each others close personal space is hard to explain in any way other than "attraction!"  

So nice to see your message. Can't wait for ZZ's ping pong movie!  

Okay, take care, Snow :-)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, tuzicr said:

Sorry guys, I'm so rusty in Soompi -- I didn't mean to copy all of Tuzicr's post. So I just deleted it, please pardon. Thanks! Snow

Wow, you are magnificent Tuzicr -- thank you, thank you for these amazing reports.  I can now enjoy a proper hyperventilation!!  I saw the ping pong movie opening with the blessing -- it's so cool that they start movie projects like that.  All in all, thanks for the great reporting and detective work!  Be well!!  Snow

Edited by snowlight351
Sorry guys, I'm so rusty in Soompi -- I didn't mean to copy all of Tuzicr's post. So I just deleted it, please pardon. Thanks! Snow
  • Like 3