On 5/29/2018 at 11:35 PM, crystalclear18 said:

No, i completely get what you mean. I'm thinking about what i said before again and i think what i talked about focused more on the nuances in the seme/uke concept (but i think it still holds).

Hide contents

Generally speaking there are some of the classic seme/uke, like controlling seme/crying uke themes in chinese bl too, but i think that's mostly in the older "classic" novels, like there was a chinese bl drama called "love around the world" or something and it was like what you mentioned. The poor uke was kidnapped and like probably raped? But i think those have been done to death already, so most chinese bl now has moved beyond those kind of concepts, which i think are more typical of the japanese yaoi plotlines. I mean even addicted had rape as a plot device, but addicted was already very different from the typical yaoi/seme/uke story. (Thinking about mainstream media, rape itself is a popular plot device, for example in game of thrones. I think there are ppl are calling for the writers to stop using rape to move the stories in mainstream media now.)

I agree, yaoi/shounen ai when it was developed just mixed up a lot of these ideas, like you said the uke says no, is like physically hurt and still apparently wants it? I really think that's the japanese depiction of it.. Even with bl being originally from japan, chinese bl hasn't kept up with that side of things beyond the initial period i think.  I mean frankly speaking.. If you look at japanese male/female hentai/ecchi anime/manga its all the same thing.. It's just women who are doing the crying but still asking for it thing. That's the fantasy anyways, there's a fascination with non-consensual acts that gets validated as consensual.. There's a definite case for how heterosexual cultural interactions/concepts get passed on to bl/homosexual ideas. It really isn't realistic at all.. Although most yaoi series don't involve crying, screaming ukes the idea of it kind of influenced the fandom.

I haven't really read that much chinese bl, but i haven't really noticed the the crying and asking for it bdsm aspect in the ones i've look at. Like i think for chinese bl ppl are just more interested in the storyline, like what kind of universe, what kind of situation, ppl want to see different types of characters. There's a tendency for more real life based situations and the character of the tops and bottoms are more separated from whether they are the top or bottom lol. The bottom character generally has a lot more control in chinese bl, they're written like a normal person lol and there is a focus on the relationship between the characters. 

Actually I was trying to agree with you, it wasn’t meant as a contradiction :)

Spoiler

I wanted to point out that nowadays not only the distinction between rape/bdsm and seme-uke relations in daily life and in bed but also the distinction between Chinese, Japanese and Korean bl/yaoi gets blurred. Especially as there’s now an international webtoon scene where people don’t chose the style of one single Asian country anymore. So for someone who’s rather new to it (like myself) it’s hard to get the different nuances of the seme/uke concept that actually lie underneath it and to get to know which country it originates from. I didn’t know that much about the differences between Chinese and Japanese bl before so thank you for explaining them. So it seems like the non-consensual sex scenes were more influenced by Japanese manga if I get you right.
Actually I just discovered a really cute Chinese shounen ai (not sure yet if it’s yaoi :D) where I really like the ukes character. It’s called Here U Are in case you wanna check it out. I think it goes along with how you described Chinese bl.
I think one of the dangers of rape scenes becoming more common in tv shows is that it relativises (I don’t know if that’s the right word for it. It should mean something like to make something look less bad by putting it in a different context) sexual assault. Ppl get used to seeing it and that’s def not good. I think it’s also in some way dangerous that many fujoshis incorporate it in their storylines. It’s transferred to male characters but it’s written by women and it shows a wrong perception or even a certain acceptance towards it. And this influences their predominantly female fandom.

Yeah, that's part of why i go with YZ lol. I think JY did grow up in a more conservative environment and he's basically got a more like "manly man" mindset i think? Not that he is purposely trying to come off as manly, he just is lol. And its not that ZZ isn't manly either, he also is very masculine. But ZZ might be more flexible? I think he may be more likely to actually like the act and the connotations that go with it, even though he always denies it lol. ZZ's family is apparently really open minded, ZZ said himself that his parents are more open minded than he is lol. I think that JY and ZZ's families already knew though, don't ask me for any proof of this lol i have none.

I totally get what you mean. I like ZZ’s flexibility as well. Sometimes ZZ is so cute that you just wanna hug and protect him (I get you JY!) and then sometimes he’s so manly hot that you’re like oooh my goodness give me something to hold onto. I really like that he’s playing with those stereotypes and cliches of how men and how women are supposed to act and look like. Like in that magician photo shoot. I think someone mentioned that here as well.

I remember how CJD basically lied to JY about how GH was bottom first lol (its all technicalities i guess), they were like yanking his chain lol. I saw that part of the BTS you're referring to, yeah ZZ pretty much never really struggles or fights back against JY during those scenes even when he's supposed to lol. And JY is like, i don't understand why you don't?? Then ZZ gets all shy, brings up husband and wife interactions. But i don't really incorporate their conversation into my YZ hypothesis so much cause then ZZ asked him "do you want me to fight back that badly" and JY says "i don't know i have no experience". LOL. Um yeah. I just go more by their interactions rather than words.

Thank your for the translation! I hoped they’d elaborate more on it but it’s cute nevertheless. And JY is honest as always :D

Hmm.. But in the car ZZ did not initiate their kiss.. JY did. ZZ wanted to initiate the continuation of that kiss, but JY was still the one who actually did it lol. ZZ just showed he wanted to kiss lol. I've watched many times now.......

Yeah I see, you’re right. Because CJD said that the kiss was not scripted and JY initiated it? I can’t see it clearly in the BTS because I never know which take is the first one. But I still think that JY was somehow surprised by ZZ’s fierce response and in the end he was the one shying away, saying cut or coughing. Btw did anyone else notice the loud gasp from the person filming them (CJD?) when JY and ZZ where kissing for real? :D

• Like 2

On 5/30/2018 at 6:31 PM, crystalclear18 said:

If there's something I can say its that it definitely has nothing to do with him changing his views on addicted or JY. That I'm pretty sure about. If he deleted them, he definitely did not want to. He probably felt like he had to. I think it's most likely to do with his projects or like the reality of doing business with only fans.. JY might also be affected by the fallout after the big candies in the concert too. Somebody suggested to me maybe that something happened and ZZ might have felt threatened, like if JY was threatened he would give in and delete. But at the same time the concert takes so much planning, how could he not know there would be fallout from the huge candy he gave? I mean it's kind of almost expected to have some kind of consequence even if it's not this one. For me I'll just take it as a knife after big candy as usual. JY had to shoulder the responsibility of making sure his movies etc weren't affected by him.. Like you said maybe ZZ has to now too. But ZZ was still willing to go that far in the concert. The frustrating thing is we probably won't know exactly why or how it happened now.

I think he might have known or suspected before the concert that he’d have to delete the pictures on his Weibo account before the movie was airing and everything related to it. Especially as JY had to experience the same. So maybe all those candies where a sign to us CPFs to rest assured that his next action and deleting the pictures has nothing to do with him feeling differently towards Addicted and JY. Like bittersweet candies. In the end we can only make assumptions. But whatever his reasons were, we can at least be sure that it doesn’t come from him changing his mind (as you said). We won’t stop believing in them.

On 5/30/2018 at 6:31 PM, crystalclear18 said:

If there's something I learned in the last 5 years or so after watching things change globally, its that even in a free and liberal country there is governmental control in things that they shouldn't be involved in. Ppl just might not hear about it because it's not like it's out in the open. I live in a relatively free and liberal country but it's not like I can't see what is going on. I don't think anyone lives in a country where its squeaky clean enough for them to point fingers at anyone else's at this point. 

Although, i feel like a lot of the fans who are saying this stuff about ZZ probably don't live in relatively free and liberal countries....................... Lol................ There aren't a lot of fans from these countries to begin with. It's more likely that they live in other asian countries which are also pretty conservative, so it makes the hypocrisy even more obvious. I think that most fans who do live in those "liberal" countries aren't as verbal with their judgement. 

Yeah, that’s true as well. But in this context I meant it more as ppl lacking understanding his situation and the pressure he’s under. Because it’s hard to imagine it for someone living under (totally) different circumstances.
Where do you live btw? If it’s okay to ask. Actually I’m curious where all of you are from :D

• Like 2

On 31.5.2018 at 7:40 AM, crystalclear18 said:

I checked ZZ's weibo and i guess not all SY related pics were completely deleted. There's the pic of him after the shanghai fanmeeting still there.

I read somewhere (don’t remember where) that he stopped at 226 pictures or something? Their special numbers :) I can’t check myself because I don’t even know what pictures means in Chinese but maybe you can take a look :)

18 hours ago, crystalclear18 said:

Can you explain this once again? I don't get it, I'm not familiar with the workings of weibo :unsure:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lucy372839 said:

So I just finsihed watching Moonshine and Valentine episode 16 English subbed and I remember something. In one of the English subbed episodes (forgot which one sorry), a comment mentioned how the CPF were viciously attacking Victoria/VS. From what I know from being part of this forum, the CPF are supportive and don't mind our boys being partnered up with actresses since its to be expected for their careers. I as a cpf don't mind it too since its their careers and we need to be more supportive with it. I'm just wondering if what the comment was saying was true since it can be a disguised only/poison fan -_-

Hi there, new person here :-) i was wondering the same myself. in my opinion, was some eager Victoria fan just throwing dirt on JY. i noticed he/she was leaving lots of comments basically defending both Victoria and her character whenever anybody commented in some negative way. I decided to ignore it.

• Like 3

Guys, anybody knows if there are any ZZ concerts planned for China this year? I just moved to China and was hoping I can attend some. As far as I know he did the gig in Shanghai during the Strawberry Music festival, but that's it. Thank you for any info.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tuzicr said:

Guys, anybody knows if there are any ZZ concerts planned for China this year? I just moved to China and was hoping I can attend some. As far as I know he did the gig in Shanghai during the Strawberry Music festival, but that's it. Thank you for any info.

@tuzicr sup and welcome to the forum! I don't know whether ZZ will have any concerts in China for the time being. Maybe expect one after 4 months or something. I saw @bearology's post on IG that ZZ's schedule for the entire month of June is just filming. Also, I love our boys and all but I don't look forward to ZZ's China concerts only his international ones. Because in China, he is banned to sing any song related to addicted and he's not free to sing the songs he wants there. But in international he can sing Walk Slowly, Oath of The Sea, and Towards The Bright Side (contains the words Yuzhou=universe and Jingyu=whale). I just feel bad for ZZ if he holds a concert there in China because he doesn't have the freedom he wants..... But I still support him though don't get the wrong idea :D

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, lucy372839 said:

@tuzicr sup and welcome to the forum! I don't know whether ZZ will have any concerts in China for the time being. Maybe expect one after 4 months or something. I saw @bearology's post on IG that ZZ's schedule for the entire month of June is just filming. Also, I love our boys and all but I don't look forward to ZZ's China concerts only his international ones. Because in China, he is banned to sing any song related to addicted and he's not free to sing the songs he wants there. But in international he can sing Walk Slowly, Oath of The Sea, and Towards The Bright Side (contains the words Yuzhou=universe and Jingyu=whale). I just feel bad for ZZ if he holds a concert there in China because he doesn't have the freedom he wants..... But I still support him though don't get the wrong idea :D

thank you @lucy372839  i just would like to see him perform live and china is the easiest for me, so would take any chance i get :))) but totally see your point, no worries :wink:

• Like 4

17 hours ago, lucy372839 said:

That's not entirely true, because in the 2017 shanghai concert last year, ZZ sang both walk slowly and oath of the sea. So he sang all the songs related to addicted during that concert in china (he was always able to sing towards the bright side, there was no ban on it, he sang it multiple times for the 2016 concerts). That's part of why it was such a surprise for us and CPF were really happy too. It was a big deal because he didn't sing or couldn't sing them in china before, but he did in this tour. That's part of why i thought the ban was a bit looser than before.. (now i don't know, will have to observe)

Here's the video clips of the 2017 Shanghai concert:

Walk Slowly:

Cr. YuZhou Malec

Oath of the Sea

Cr. Thirty1stJan ZZ

Towards the Bright Side

Cr. 宇宙糖果屋

A fan cam of the whole 2017 Shanghai Concert can be found under the spoiler:

Cr. 宇宙糖果屋

Spoiler

And a video of ZZ's 2016 Shanghai concert:

Cr. Sun Ray

Spoiler

• Like 4

9 hours ago, lucy372839 said:

So I just finsihed watching Moonshine and Valentine episode 16 English subbed and I remember something. In one of the English subbed episodes (forgot which one sorry), a comment mentioned how the CPF were viciously attacking Victoria/VS. From what I know from being part of this forum, the CPF are supportive and don't mind our boys being partnered up with actresses since its to be expected for their careers. I as a cpf don't mind it too since its their careers and we need to be more supportive with it. I'm just wondering if what the comment was saying was true since it can be a disguised only/poison fan -_-

Yeah that's completely false, it was the only fans that were attacking VS, not CPF. CPF didn't really care much about VS, it was the only fans who did, since a lot of them were gf/bf fans lol. It was an ugly fight between hjt and VS's fans.

It's pretty much as you said, CPF are supportive and don't mind. Whoever wrote that comment was lying, maybe purposely misleading ppl, it was the hjt that helped cause the problem, VS's fans took over the other side of that equation. I agree, it is very likely that the person who left that comment is a poison only fan. Somebody really needs to reply to that comment and call them out on it. Total hypocrisy on their part, they shouldn't get to cause the problem and also get to put the blame on CPF. Ugh.

• Like 5

A bts clip from Jingyu's baby variety show. The boy kissed him quite a few time. Even in ep 1, in the supermarket, a little girl wanted to touch his stomach...probably just curious. In the show he seems slower to play with the kids but i am sure he would do fine later on. In the bts clip..can see the kids have got more familiar with him.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, nyota said:

Actually I was trying to agree with you, it wasn’t meant as a contradiction :)

Hide contents

I wanted to point out that nowadays not only the distinction between rape/bdsm and seme-uke relations in daily life and in bed but also the distinction between Chinese, Japanese and Korean bl/yaoi gets blurred. Especially as there’s now an international webtoon scene where people don’t chose the style of one single Asian country anymore. So for someone who’s rather new to it (like myself) it’s hard to get the different nuances of the seme/uke concept that actually lie underneath it and to get to know which country it originates from. I didn’t know that much about the differences between Chinese and Japanese bl before so thank you for explaining them. So it seems like the non-consensual sex scenes were more influenced by Japanese manga if I get you right.
Actually I just discovered a really cute Chinese shounen ai (not sure yet if it’s yaoi :D) where I really like the ukes character. It’s called Here U Are in case you wanna check it out. I think it goes along with how you described Chinese bl.
I think one of the dangers of rape scenes becoming more common in tv shows is that it relativises (I don’t know if that’s the right word for it. It should mean something like to make something look less bad by putting it in a different context) sexual assault. Ppl get used to seeing it and that’s def not good. I think it’s also in some way dangerous that many fujoshis incorporate it in their storylines. It’s transferred to male characters but it’s written by women and it shows a wrong perception or even a certain acceptance towards it. And this influences their predominantly female fandom.

Hehe, i know you were agreeing with me, but then i thought about it more and decided to like talk about it from another perspective.

Spoiler

The underlying ideas mainly came from japanese bl/yaoi, since japan is where it all originated from, so japan really shaped the "classic" screaming uke theme. All the bl from other countries came after and they definitely were not the ones to insert the more or less non consensual dynamic in there.

Yeah, I don't think a lot of ppl have thought about the differences between chinese, japanese and korean bl. To be honest i don't know as much about korean bl, but japanese and chinese i feel like i can at least comment on. I don't think i'm completely imagining these differences, i think ppl just haven't fully discussed it as much so it's harder to find info about it. I mean you really have to know about the cultures involved to see the difference as well. I wasn't able to read chinese bl until recently because my chinese was never that good before. I always had to read other ppl's translations up til now lol. Now, after being the YZ fandom for over a year, my chinese has improved.. LOL.... So many things happened lol.. I'm able to muddle along with chinese bl novels now as long as the language isn't too fancy. I generally don't know all the words, but i know enough to know what is going on? Lol

I started watching anime since i was like 11 years old and got into yaoi/shounen ai around that time, yes i know that was super early lol.......... So i'm pretty familiar with japanese culture just from being immersed in it from japanese manga and anime. I also learned some japanese in high school, even if i basically know nothing now lol. 

Haha maybe i will check out that chinese shounen ai series, do you have a link? Lol, maybe this is kind of out of topic........ (If you have a link please pm me lol). I haven't read/watched many other series after addicted..

I get what you mean about what happens if ppl are more exposed to rape in mainstream media.. Ppl do acclimatize to it and start subconsciously seeing it as normal, which is not a good thing.

I agree that it is dangerous for yaoi to also incorporate it and it is not a good perspective to take. Although frankly speaking.. From my view of japanese culture (although it's not just japanese culture), that whole fascination with non-consensual sex has affected women way before bl/yaoi was a thing. It's like.. The side effect of that kind of fascination in society.. Women have no control over what they're forced to deal with and bl/yaoi is a way for them to deflect it to a man, to take themselves out of being the victim in the story and still enjoy the story.  Women are human too.. If men are culturally influenced to enjoy the thought of non-consensual situations, women may also mentally enjoy it, the caveat being that they are not the ones at the end of that forced act.. It's a complicated situation and completely psychological.  Maybe it's less prevalent in chinese bl because the fascination with non-consensual sex hasn't been as mainstream lol................

• Like 4

10 hours ago, nyota said:

Yeah I see, you’re right. Because CJD said that the kiss was not scripted and JY initiated it? I can’t see it clearly in the BTS because I never know which take is the first one. But I still think that JY was somehow surprised by ZZ’s fierce response and in the end he was the one shying away, saying cut or coughing. Btw did anyone else notice the loud gasp from the person filming them (CJD?) when JY and ZZ where kissing for real? :D

I think the one where he was coughing was the second one. The first kiss was the scene where someone was gasping in the background. Because that one was unscripted so the person holding the camera/staff gasped from surprise. After they did it I'm sure CJD/the director made them do it again but this time with more preparation which was the one you were talking about where JY coughed. But JY didn't really cough because he was surprised at ZZ participating in the kiss, he coughed because he was more embarrassed that they were being made to kiss for the scene. And if you watch the interviews where they talk about the intimate scenes and how the director never says "cut!", JY said he learned to just say cut himself lol. So that time JY coughed and then said "cut" to stop the scene. He wasn't surprised by ZZ's reaction to the kiss in that scene, it was more just from the awkwardness of doing it again lol. Because yeah, CJD apparently didn't require them to kiss there and they did it on their own lol. ZZ was smiling in that first kiss, because he knew there wasn't supposed to be kissing in that scene and he was happy that JY kissed him anyway. He even tried to continue it, but then JY realized lol.

• Like 5

I think he might have known or suspected before the concert that he’d have to delete the pictures on his Weibo account before the movie was airing and everything related to it. Especially as JY had to experience the same. So maybe all those candies where a sign to us CPFs to rest assured that his next action and deleting the pictures has nothing to do with him feeling differently towards Addicted and JY. Like bittersweet candies. In the end we can only make assumptions. But whatever his reasons were, we can at least be sure that it doesn’t come from him changing his mind (as you said). We won’t stop believing in them.

I think that's a definite possibility and other ppl have suggested it as well. But it feels like him deleting the posts and the concert happened too close together.. I don't know. :(

Yeah, that’s true as well. But in this context I meant it more as ppl lacking understanding his situation and the pressure he’s under. Because it’s hard to imagine it for someone living under (totally) different circumstances.
Where do you live btw? If it’s okay to ask. Actually I’m curious where all of you are from :D I’m from Berlin, Germany.

Yeah they are lacking understanding.. Some of them seem to think that JY and ZZ live in a fluffy world where they are so famous that everyone has to listen to them. And that everything that happens is their choice. That's not even close to reality, all these ppl have to do is think about how dark the other face of Hollywood is. Were we not just faced with the existence of the "casting couch" and the fallout from that? Most mainstream media outlets covered that scandal. After being a YZ fan for a while I don't know what reason they have for not being more understanding..

I live in Canada. :D Almost at the time zone that is furthest away from Asia lol.. Actually that sucks a lot...... Not enough sleep.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, tuzicr said:

Welcome to the thread. Usually, @bearology, @Angrybird62, and sometimes @crystalclear18 post updates concerning the boys about where they would pop up next and what events they need to attend or attending and concerts/birthday fanmeets they're having. 

Edit: Gashupingo, Ryokise, Harukoyoshi, and older members used to post, but they're inactive. Although they still post from time to time and help bearo out. Just keep on a lookout here.  

-

I agree with @crystalclear18 about this as a necessary way in order for his career to flourish. I feel like ZZ has said his piece of mind about addicted during Bangkok's concert. The last song was The Moon Represent My Heart right? (Not sure if it was since that's the last one I saw after bearo's live Instagram [follow her in IG since she does post stuffs a lot there], and I can't believe ZZ did that! He's voice was amazing despite being sick that day.) If TMRMH was the last song, then he really did mean it. Remember, he's always hands on with his concerts, so in him doing this. I interpret it as the last song is always unforgettable. 

I guess I'm still gonna support them after all what happened. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 01/06/2018 at 3:13 AM, nyota said:

I read somewhere (don’t remember where) that he stopped at 226 pictures or something? Their special numbers :) I can’t check myself because I don’t even know what pictures means in Chinese but maybe you can take a look :)

Really? I haven't seen anything about 226 pics so far, if it is then yeah i sense some possible candy there lol. Yeah i'll try to count the number of pics he still has lol.

On 01/06/2018 at 3:13 AM, nyota said:

Can you explain this once again? I don't get it, I'm not familiar with the workings of weibo :unsure:

I'm not super familiar with the way they reposted the contest page, i basically just reposted a repost by a well known CPF. But what happened was that JY posted in his own supertopic, which is kind of similar to the tags on instagram or twitter, if you use his name with the hashtags then the post is automatically part of his supertopic tag, it is kind of like a forum, if you click on the tag link it will take you to all the posts with that tag. He posted on the supertopic but he only wrote 1 word for each post. I think there were 5 posts in total, so all 5 words added together spelled "Who is watching knotted love?" But the fact he even posted in his supertopic in the first place was really out of character. He basically doesn't interact with only fans much and his supertopic is full of only fans. 

So i was wondering why he posted all of a sudden and why he made it like a riddle lol. Only 1 word for each post. Then i saw the CPF's reposts under the contest page, somehow the icons on the reposts were different for each one, the icons each spelled one word and there is only 1 icon on each post. So same as with JY's post, 1 word per post. All the words spelled together said "HJY baobao will always love you!", except the CPF reposts happened before JY's posts on the supertopic lol. So he must have been aware of how hard CPF were working in order to win him that screen time. He them mimicked them and posted that message on his own supertopic. The time in between the two events was only about 1 day. The message itself (who is watching knotted love?) is not important, it's the way he posted each word that is important. 

I also realized i was not the first one to notice it, a CPF already posted about it before me, but i didn't know lol.

19 hours ago, tuzicr said:

Hi there, new person here :-) i was wondering the same myself. in my opinion, was some eager Victoria fan just throwing dirt on JY. i noticed he/she was leaving lots of comments basically defending both Victoria and her character whenever anybody commented in some negative way. I decided to ignore it.

Hi and welcome, i guess its not an only poison, but either way they have their story wrong lol. Yeah i would ignore or straight up go and reply so that other ppl seeing the comment wouldn't be misled. 

19 hours ago, tuzicr said:

Wow lucky you lol. I agree with other ppl in saying that he's spreading his concerts out a lot it seems, since he's doing a lot of filming right now. I think the order of his concerts is going backwards from the 2016 tour, so korea might be the next one. According to that logic (my memory is so bad right now.. the 2016 tour should have been in this order: beijing, shenzhen, korea, thailand, shanghai), if he decides to hold one in shenzhen at all then it should be the next one in china. His schedule is pretty packed at the moment, but i guess its possible he might try to squeeze a third concert in at the end of the year.. Its also possible he may do some gigs in between, like he did for the strawberry music festival. if he doesn't do a concert in china then i think he'll at least be at another music festival in china before the end of the year.

Edit: This is just going from the pattern of his concerts so far, but after everything at bangkok, i wouldn't be surprised if he delays his next concert even more. Plus if you just moved to china, you can do so much stuff. Add money to your wechat account for instance if you have a local bank, then you can pay for all the YZ things lol. You can buy his albums on any of the chinese music apps and if you get weibo you can pay for a membership.. Which i've wanted to do but still can't lol.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, 1blankstare said:

I agree with @crystalclear18 about this as a necessary way in order for his career to flourish. I feel like ZZ has said his piece of mind about addicted during Bangkok's concert. The last song was The Moon Represent My Heart right? (Not sure if it was since that's the last one I saw after bearo's live Instagram [follow her in IG since she does post stuffs a lot there], and I can't believe ZZ did that! He's voice was amazing despite being sick that day.) If TMRMH was the last song, then he really did mean it. Remember, he's always hands on with his concerts, so in him doing this. I interpret it as the last song is always unforgettable. 

I guess I'm still gonna support them after all what happened. 

I wish i could say that TMRMH was the last song to you, but i don't think it was. The songs seemed to have followed the order of the song list that ZZ's work weibo posted so i think there were other songs after it. I personally don't think that it makes TMRMH any less important, because even in the past ZZ never really ended his concerts with walk slowly or oath of the sea, he might have sung walk slowly as an encore, but he didn't officially end with them. 

It's one of the 3 mystery songs too. The fact that the songs were blocked out on the song list seems to imply that there is something special about them or that they're supposed to be a surprise for fans. 

After this thing with ZZ deleting posts happened, i feel like it took a bit out of my enjoyment of the concert....... Just from how close in time the two events happened, its a bit of a dark spot for me at the moment. But i hope that will pass soon. He sang so well during this concert. I loved "silent" and "boy" was also spectacular. 

But it doesn't make me think that ZZ has turned his back on addicted or JY. I don't think anything in that area has changed for him. After all the obvious song choices he made (and lets not forget his dance is essentially the same as JY's during his birthday party), a knife is pretty much to be expected.. It's all proportional to the size of the candy it seems..

• Like 4

Recently, I think on 30 May 2018, ZZ deleted a lot of his weibo posts about Addicted/SY.  On 31 May 2018, someone new posted on the JY-ZZ supertopic with views on the entire landscape. It was a long weibo post which had rather interesting and sensitive content. Here is the translation. Permission was given by the original weibo poster to translate it and post it outside weibo.  The translator does not entirely agree with the weibo poster and has added own comments here and there. The weibo poster has been duly informed and has still kindly agreed to allow the translation. All of the translator's additions have been italicised. Any errors are wholly unintentional. 

At the end of the day, we are each entitled to our own opinions and we each make our own judgment calls.

Do not re-post or spread this translation without permission. Thank you!

(c) 2018 English translation by 雨舟

"I'm from outside the fan circles. About a month ago [i.e. April 2018], a friend of mine who's a cp fan but is like a fake fan (to the extent that I now have to tell her what's going on) crazily kept trying to get me into this. When the webdrama first aired, I watched it, but at that time I disdained CJD's script as being of far too low a quality, and I watched it in snatches. It was only after being pressed repeatedly by my friend to get into this, that your Yu's actions, which ran contrary to the norm of human nature, piqued my curiosity. Now that I look back on it, I missed out on a lot of good stuff. I spent three whole weeks finding a complete set of all the materials and information, and another week secretly surfing the YuZhou weibo supertopic. On 26 May, for the good of those two, I chose to remain silent, but today I choose to stand forth and say a couple of things, and if you are willing, after you have read this, as a favour, please send me up [i.e. respond and push this post up to the top of the topic] .

First, I won't say very much about these two, they've argued before [this likely refers to the time fans feel that they had argued around the time they both filmed the campaign spot against domestic abuse. Anyway, it is usual in any friendship/other relationship to have disagreements], and for a time they were forced to the brink of breaking up [I have no idea if this is true but nobody really knows except those two. Personally I am uncomfortable speculating this much] , and in this mess that is the entertainment industry, for them to be able to progress this far is really not easy. If possible, I hope, forever, that there will never be a sad ending for you, since a rise [in the career] means that the real test is just beginning, and [I] fear that though you sought warmth and comfort in one another and endured  all through the ban and the time as utter unknowns, you may not endure through the long periods of separation and brief periods spent together, nor make it through what reality throws at you. You need to grow and mature for each other's sake, each learn to be independent and to learn to protect the other,  but you don't always have to stand alone -- lean on each other more, you don't have to be strong in front of each other. [In this paragraph, the use of "you" appears to refer to YuZhou].

Second, cp fans, you are extremely important to your idols; your Zhou at the concert said that it's really good to have you all -- these words are meant for you; as for your Yu, you might even describe his actions, when he's not working, as madness itself [the exact translation is actions in private, but the meaning is when he's not working] -- he's skewed towards the cp fans to the extent that one can hardly look. [Personally I think this is somewhat exaggerated because JY does his best to love all his fans, regardless of whether they are cp fans or just sole fans or hjt. In Thailand, he happily took cp fan gifts. At his birthday fanmeet, he took a group photo with hjt. He said before, he's not about to control his fans; all they need to do is to love him. I presume the weibo poster, being somewhat new to the situation, is not aware of the past year's events.].

This [i.e. ZZ and JY's behaviour] is also the reason why, when my friend pressed me to get into this whole thing, I completely couldn't understand it [i.e. why ZZ and JY were doing this] and I had to get to the bottom of it to find out why. Your Yu's popularity is greater than your Zhou [this is true w.e.f. March 2018 due to Operation Red Sea, which bolstered JY a great deal. You need to remember this weibo poster says he just started looking into this fandom thoroughly a month ago. It might have been different last year] , especially since your Yu was fortunate to score a role in Operation Red Sea. Operation Red Sea is enough for your Yu to completely cast off the past and he even has a new CP [the official distributor decided to promote Gu Shun and Li Dong as a nice new cp, but I think that was really stretching it and definitely a marketing gimmick]. If his [JY's] actions in the past were intended to retain [cp] fans, then his actions in the present, which keep him tied to your Zhou so that people think of that banned webdrama, are pretty much an act of self-destruction. [If JY] genuinely wanted to untie their bond, then at this time he would have promoted/raised the profile of the new CP and naturally the old bond would have been untied.

The reason why your idols are still linked together to this day, two years after the ban, is because of you, the fans who were with them from the beginning and walked side by side with them, out from that period. You are like their relatives, their friends; in front of you they need not hide anything, and they know that you will understand, and it's also to let you know, that they are still together. Actually the dw are the group of fans who need to be reassured [remember this is the weibo poster's own view!], whereas their behaviour [I think "their" here refers to the two of them] in front of you is something which they feel comes naturally to them.

Thirdly, and this is the most important point, don't let them be associated with that webdrama any longer!!!

I can't help but say that if not for that webdrama by CJD, many people would not have known of them, but from a long-term perspective, this webdrama brings them much greater risks/danger. The fact that the two of them are still linked together is already very risky.

Regardless of whether it's the State Administration of Radio Film and Television or the Central Committee on network security and information technology, most of the time the criteria for imposition of a ban is not the content but public opinion. Therefore the fact that that the webdrama content had BL content was only a part of the reason for the ban; the fact that the webdrama touched on the military and had sexually explicit content was the primary reason for the ban. As for the ban on being in the same photograph, that's the decision of the management companies, and the State Administration of Radio Film and Television [the folks who banned Addicted] ain't gonna bear the blame for this. [I disagreed with the weibo poster on this point, but he was quite vehement about this and said it wasn't the authority's fault and that it was a common tactic for entertainment industry companies to allow the authority to shoulder the blame for many things].

CJD has a knack for creating publicity, but she clearly has no compunction whatsoever; I read the [original] story she wrote and it rendered me speechless: to go as one pleases in and out of military quarters, to grab a fighter jet and just go off with it, all these will get you a court-martial [in real life], plus abusing one's authority -- to film something touching on military affairs in 2016 and with such content, is just asking for trouble. Not to mention that when the webdrama was aired, the comments were so very explicit that they hardly bore looking at, and the State Administration of Radio Film and Television had to control it, so this is the main reason for the ban.

Thus the direction of public opinion is extremely important! Your two little ones have already done their best within the limits of their power to provide you with hints, and they mustn't do any more, for 26 May was a day where even those outside the fan circle, as they watched, grew anxious. You can do as you like within the confines of this supertopic, since your two little ones are dishing out candy, for you guys to cheer about  but outside this supertopic, please restrain yourselves, because there are plenty of people who want your little ones to be gone, permanently. And if this supertopic expands, it could also become a problem. Within here [i.e. this country], the LGBT circles are getting more cautious [the literal words mean "shrinking", but here the meaning seems to be that they are getting more careful, closing the circles], there are tussles at the top, and they keep as low a profile as they can. [Personally, my belief is, don't overdo the candy and assume everything is candy. As the cp fans say, please choose your candy wisely and logically. Don't fan them because of the candy.  Love them even though there is no candy]

So don't be fragile-hearted over your Zhou deleting his weibos [the weibo poster wrote blx, 玻璃心,meaning glass heart, which I translated as fragile-hearted]. Your Zhou doesn't sing "" anymore, because your Yu isn't just Hai any longer. [This is a reference to ZZ's 2016 concerts, where he sang the song "Dust 尘埃" . When it came to the lines "守护我的爱 aì" (protect my love, the original line) he sang "守护我的海hăi" (protect my sea). But at his 2017 Shanghai concert and 2018 Bangkok concert, he sang the original line "守护我的爱 aì".]

Your Yu in the end is still your Yu, your Zhou in the end is still your Zhou; they are not characters in a webdrama. Your Yu has been set free and your Zhou now needs a new primary work to remove his association with webdramas as quickly as possible, which is what is really good for both of them and in future, will lead to opportunities to work together. After all, even those other three little ones with their backgrounds [this appears to be a reference to the TF boys, a stratospherically-popular boy group in China] have to be cautious and avoid the necessary at times, let alone your Yu and your Zhou. Your Yu and your Zhou are already very strong; although  the ban [on Addicted] was across the entire Internet,  they've only just started to delete their weibo posts now.

You always say that your Yu and your Zhou are the sources of your strength; actually you are the source of their strength. So go ahead and eat the candy, 'cause this is what the two of them hope; they've chosen a very hard road and what they need are people to cheer them on along the way. [Again, my personal view is, don't overdo the candy and assume everything is candy. As the cp fans say, please choose your candy wisely and logically. Don't fan them because of the candy.  Love them even though there is no candy. Love them, for them.]

But it is absolutely critical to protect them well; for them to have been able to come all this way was truly very difficult, don't let it all vanish like mere reflections in the water, and here's hoping that one day in the future, [we'll] see them share the same stage and laugh just as they did when they were 20-something-year-olds.

P.S. Pretty remarkable, isn't it, that your Yu and your Zhou's opportunities and profiles are increasing/rising at around the same time."

=== End of translation ===

Edited by arisushiuri
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, arisushiuri said:

(c) 2018 English translation by 雨舟

Wow.. that is very insightful. I mean I've subconsciously realized the importance of laying low in shipping YuZhou, but sometimes I sorta refuse to acknowledge it.. I mean I want to show the world that we will always believe in YuZhou and that CPF are strong and to achieve that we have to expand the fandom or something.. you know to increase our number to support them against all those toxic only fans.

But after reading this, when they put in words and give reasons why we should be cautious and everything when shipping YuZhou.. it is eye opening I guess for me.

But I can't help feeling a bit upset you know.. it's unfair somewhat to not be able to be free and out loud in shipping like any other fandom. But it's alright I guess.. I'm willing to do anything as long as YuZhou are fine and safe from bad people with bad intentions. Like cpf always said, this fandom is not for the faint of heart. If I cant bear it, I'd be out of the fandom long time ago haha. But I love YuZhou too much, so I'll support them in every way I can.

@arisushiuri thank you dear for posting the translation. Heres some love for yer:heart:

• Like 5