3 hours ago, alberto123 said:

Hey all, 

Its been years since ive watched a love drama from Asia, the last one was Meteor Garden dubbed in Cantonese in 2001! 

Im loving this web-series so much that I've actually made an account to follow this forum! Is it bad that ive only found out about SHANGYIN 2 nights ago, and ive already watched it twice? This webseries has really hit me in the feels. Coming from a gay guy, its really great to finally see some gay loving from china.
Apart of me will die inside if they dont make season 2. Im 25 years old, my words shouldnt be treated light heartedly. 

Just wanted to know if anyone knows where i could purchase the DVD boxset when it is released? Im in Australia, so not too sure what websites will deliver. 
Also, does anyone know if the DVDs will be the uncut version? 
And if it will contain English subtitles?

My FAVOURITE scene is in episode 15, BYL gave GH the scarf. During class, GH tries to make BLY jealous by telling him about the scarf he received from a girl as a gift. You can tell BYL was getting quite annoyed. But the little smile he gave when GH returns the scarf was just heart warming.

What was your favourite scene from Season 1?

Mine is in Episode 12 during the Hepatitis B incident ---after GH & BLY's smexxy scene, GH cuddled with BLY and promised to love his Yin Zi so deymn much to make up for all the love he had missed when he was younger. I think GH lived up to this promise a thousands times in the novel...over and over again...how can you not love such a guy???

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ariodante said:

Out of sheer curiosity about the series reach, at least in this forum - where did you watch them in?

I gather Canada (at least x 2), UK, then?

Russia~~ looks like i'm the only one from this country here...

p.s. O.o i was 8 pages behind n it took me 2 hours to catch up with u guys XD 

• Like 3

OH NOOO
http://star.ettoday.net/news/656114

EDIT : Rough translation summary : China trying to put the new law to affect future movie production , there's a range of ban list category as mentioned before eg sexual violence , homosexual act , i think including addicted season 2? China wants only ''the normal behavior'' can appear on TV

Edited by Arvin Ju
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Arvin Ju said:

Can someone who's able to understand Mandarin please give us a brief summary of this? All I'm getting is that there may not be a second season, there's some ruling that's banning all homosexual material from broadcasting, other sexual content as well, and there's mixed responses. Some are asking why homosexuals are being discriminated against, while others are in favor of this ruling? Also, as I'm not familiar with Chinese news sources, how valid is this information?

Edit: Also, there was recent (but not confirmed?) news that 'Taiwan bought the rights to the series (including writer).' But I have no clue what "including writer" means. Does this new news, if valid, affect this?

I literally created an account to follow this thread omg 

Recently started watching 上瘾, like, last night and I finished it this morning 5am but now at 11pm it's still very fresh in my mind (I'm still kinda not used to calling it Heroin since I watched without subs) and I am just squealing and dying rewatching it again !!!! 

I just spent a good few hours reading the posts in this thread and tbh I gave up about 20 pages in bc wow TOO MUCH FEELS with the novel spoilers and such QAQ 

@guhai my jaw dropped while reading it omg im just ????? rn

...."展現出非正常性關係、性行為的內容也不得出現在電視劇中,更直接點名「亂倫、同性戀、性侵犯、性暴力」等是不被允許的,也對婚外情、一夜情、性自由等戀愛觀做出限制"

So basically movies/shows are prohibited from showing sexual acts unless it is heterosexual??? And like sex crimes, homosexuality, sexual violence is also prohibited in general, even one night stands and extramarital affairs and sexual freedom is to be clamped down on being depicted in movies..................

Edited by gyushu
  • Like 5

22 minutes ago, guhai said:

Can someone who's able to understand Mandarin please give us a brief summary of this? All I'm getting is that there may not be a second season, there's some ruling that's banning all homosexual material from broadcasting, other sexual content as well, and there's mixed responses. Some are asking why homosexuals are being discriminated against, while others are in favor of this ruling? Also, as I'm not familiar with Chinese news sources, how valid is this information?

Edit: Also, there was recent (but not confirmed?) news that 'Taiwan bought the rights to the series (including writer).' But I have no clue what "including writer" means. Does this new news, if valid, affect this?

This remaining area is alsoconstitutionally called the "Free area of the Republic of China" which is not ruled by the Communist Party of China in Beijing. *according to wiki*

So, it wouldn't affect Taiwan.

*hope so :))*

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, ifaic6 said:

Addicted web series 50 shades of grey ver. 

omg, guys!1 This one had me feeling giddy the whole time and have to refrain myself from screaming. 

The last part..:astonished:

The trailer is kinda cute LOL. Because I watched the series so many time, I can understand 90% of that trailer without sub........

Ok Brb, I will have to start back reading from page 140???? xD

• Like 3

Hmmm... That article is talking about a document, perhaps leaked or otherwise, that was shared on Weibo on 2nd March.

It is the General guidelines for TV series content production. The issue that concerns Addicted web series is this part: Content involving abnormal sexual relationship and sexual acts are banned from TV series. It specifically highlighted "incest, homosexuality, sexual assault & sexual violence".

I think TV series here includes web series, since it comes after a few web series are taken down.

Edit: Isn't it so 'coincidental' that Addicted fitted 3 out of the 4 descriptions? I guess, Counterattack too? Gosh. I also think Taiwan is really the only cost-efficient option to turn to now.

• Like 9

Well to be honest, since the ban, I don't have any hope that they can make series 2 in mainland China. Once a government set their mind in something, it is very hard to change. Just look UK's government attitude toward non-EU immigrant *rant*

Anyway, my best hope is, someone from Taiwan is interested with the series and decided to produce it. 

So, still hoping for the best!

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, ifaic6 said:

Addicted web series 50 shades of grey ver. 

omg, guys!1 This one had me feeling giddy the whole time and have to refrain myself from screaming. 

The last part..:astonished:

Damn.... this is one of the finest... 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ryokise said:

This is kind of late ,but for anyone interested ,I’m pointing out some moments from their fanmeeting , and yes I got carried away with the amount of pointers omg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujt2QrYbeyg

(youtube video uploaded by panda wings, cr: Candylee35)

omygwash @ryokise, you are a God sent!! really really love your pointers! usually i am too lazy to watch the whole 90 minutes show, but thanks to you i just finished watched it & was amazed!! yay yay yay, so much YuZhou there! *\(^^)/*

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, gayyoxx said:

Well to be honest, since the ban, I don't have any hope that they can make series 2 in mainland China. Once a government set their mind in something, it is very hard to change. Just look UK's government attitude toward non-EU immigrant *rant*

Anyway, my best hope is, someone from Taiwan is interested with the series and decided to produce it. 

So, still hoping for the best!

I'm really praying they'll be able to be continue over in Taiwan!! 类似爱情 was done over in Taiwan and was well received;;; 

Not sure how politics between Taiwan and the Mainland might affect this QAQ

Edited by gyushu
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, alvinboi said:

Hmmm... That article is talking about a document, perhaps leaked or otherwise, that was shared on Weibo on 2nd March.

It is the General guidelines for TV series content production. The issue that concerns Addicted web series is this part: Content involving abnormal sexual relationship and sexual acts are banned from TV series. It specifically highlighted "incest, homosexuality, sexual assault & sexual violence".

I think TV series here includes web series, since it comes after a few web series are taken down.

Yeah I hope this was the one I sent the news that all webseries will be applied with the same rules with TV series with stricter rules so there were some webseries got taken down, some had to edit their scenes because of : Too much violent, too much blood blah blah blah

NEWs for Timmy:

1> Actually there's no news for him. Timmy has a contract with company of CJD, and this has 2 webseries, but taken down, so it's a difficult not only for company, but also affects Timmy. So... that's why you guys don't see much news as Johnny while Johnny is now a freelancer * he hasn't signed any contract*, so how Timmy gains more fame depends on how the company plans for him, like almost 50% 60% .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alvinboi said:

Tbh, using butts, arms or any body part as a pillow is quite a bad idea. It will cause cramp and even needle-like pain in the morning... :sweatingbullets:

@alvinboiaaaw, can i just borrow IT for 1 hour? no? 30 minutes then? no? 5 minutes? NO?? FINEEE, 1 minute!! beside, BLY started it first *pout* 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, gyushu said:

I'm really praying they'll be able to be continue over in Taiwan!! 类似爱情 was done over in Taiwan and was well received;;; 

Not sure how politics between Taiwan and the Mainland might affect this QAQ

Politics probably will not have an effect on film production, distribution from Taiwan as long as the new incoming female Taiwanese president walk the diplomatic tightrope right.

Edit: I like the new president very much. She's an agent of change. She is an impressive force not to be reckoned with.

• Like 2