Another thing that really interests me is how it came to YM showing GH the video of BLY after their accident...how did YM find it in the first place? Did he show it to him on his own accord or? Does any of you lovely folks know the answer to my questions? xoxo

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, gayyoxx said:

@samscheetah Thank you! Oh, it is the same Bong Far Johnny drank with in the previous picture, right?

Btw, the rooftop background song is released! http://y.qq.com/#type=song&mid=001G47on2S3zHe&tpl=yqq_song_detail&play=0

I think the one that's moving up is the lyrics of the song? Can someone be kind enough to translate it, please? *kitten face*

edit: it's weird I can't play the song anymore from the UK. I could play it half an hour ago -_- 

Yes that was him haha, the guy with lots of tattoos

22 minutes ago, waitinghaiyin said:

To conspiracy theory

their last interview the awareness of violence one that's last one before WZ went back to university right. I feel Johnny is quite quiet on that day unlike their usual rackus they seem to lost in their thoughts although WZ keeping as usual

Actually on that day, Timmy was late <oops> and Johnny maybe was quite still quiet as usual, I saw that chat room with some clips from the start they still talked to each other. 

But whatever, they are still friends I think. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, porcelainwhite said:

Another thing that really interests me is how it came to YM showing GH the video of BLY after their accident...how did YM find it in the first place? Did he show it to him on his own accord or? Does any of you lovely folks know the answer to my questions? xoxo

Maybe I guess (since I didn't read the novel) YM could get the video due to the fact that he was a police officer or something like that..? 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, gayyoxx said:

I think we can consider both, and more.

1) From production perspective, they are filming an Asian BL series. The leading actors need to show some kind of affection toward one another otherwise the act will look dry. The boys did this splendidly, imho.

2) From marketing perspective, they need to sell the series and one of the marketing tricks is to keep the affection among the actors as fan service. The classic line will be: "oh, we are straight but close buddies now; we continue being friends; etc."

3) BUT! Still from marketing perspective: the actors can not commit themselves too much to each other. Even if they have personal relationship, they still have to show some uncertainty on their relationship, just so the fans do not see them as "taken". An idol committed to relationship is boring because the fans can not imagine themselves to go between the established relation. Thus, they have to maintain a certain level of ambiguity.

4) There is also the question on how much the actors want to keep their private life, well, private. 

5) Fans' expectation is hard to be maintained and this is related to #3 above. We want to see something about Johnny/Zhouzhou but if they come clean, whether they are in relationship or not, we might get disappointed either way. I think fans are thrilled with "the possibilities", not with "the certainties". Look how the ban, which made the future of Addicted uncertain, catapulted the series into its present fame :D 

But if me, i think i will be very happy if they are in relationship. I mean the way that they are together now already make me smiling at them fondly but if they are together maybe i will be grinning very wide for the whole day. :D

• Like 6

1 hour ago, porcelainwhite said:

I have a suggestion for the kind hearted people who did the novel excerpt translations before: their wedding scene! I want to read how our tsundere made his hubby cry by announcing his undying love for him soooooo bad :w00t:

Also, I wonder, who attended their wedding? Did their family come?? All of them???? GH's dad even?

To me the wedding scene is very long, i feel like i dozed off more than twice while reading it. CJD wrote the whole process in detail, i can't imagine how long she took to perfecting this whole scene. I mean even when i wrote a short fanfic, it took me weeks to finish it, 

• Like 1

Oh my goodness! Thank you so much to the people tanslating and summarising the book for us! I love them, especially the long ones @alvinboi !!!

You people are wonderful. I'm really happy to get a glimpse of Yang Meng and You Qi. Any more excerpts? 

And can I be cheeky and ask for some smutty or sexy excerpts? From anyone willing! 

• Like 8

This is kind of late ,but for anyone interested ,I’m pointing out some moments from their fanmeeting , and yes I got carried away with the amount of pointers omg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujt2QrYbeyg

(youtube video uploaded by panda wings, cr: Candylee35)

* LQ> lulu’s actress’*

6.15 – 6.45 > JY: Where are the YuZhou shippers? I keep seeing ZhouYu ZhouYu..Shall we yell “Defeat ZhouYu?” WZ also ask for his ZhouYu shippers , the rest is just the two of them fighting it out with louder “ZhouYu” and “YuZhou” screams . WZ also kicks JY and gave thumbs up to fans screaming ZhouYu.

16.07 > JY talks about him showering and WZ coming in to wash his face. WZ talks about him using the bathroom and JY barging in to shower , JY: To give you your phone! WZ: Oh right

16.22-16.59 > LQ reveals that WZ has already met JY‘s parents ,WZ says that he‘ve seen JY’s mom and realized that genes are indeed passed down. JY ask WZ if the food his mom cooked taste good? WZ: She didn’t cook for me.. JY: Didn’t I brought it a lot of times? WZ: Oh those were prepared by her? JY: She made it herself WZ: 0_0 Really? Yeah it taste good (I think JY’s mom prepared food for the crew cause JY said it’s the nicest meal the filming crew had )

18.12 > WZ: My mom said he (JY) is more handsome than me! JY: I like your mom! WZ: I like your mom too!

43.47 > JY cracking up at FS and CW switching roles

46.47-47.11 >  WZ playing along with the fans to make JY remove his clothes , JY retaliates back by saying both he and WZ will each remove one piece of clothing , WZ : Big bro! I was wrong!

48.21 > They switched roles , WZ is GH and JY is BLY , JY: Why not I try f****** you? , WZ is supposed to be GH here but he became shy at this line lol

48.55 > JY: Why not I try f****** you? WZ: Come and try JY: Then I’m really going to do it , you said it yourself. *JY grabs WZ and WZ lose his presence as GH again LOL*

51.05-51.33 > JY: Zhouzhou , where are you going? Zhouzhou? WZ: to change my clothes JY: Zhouzhou? WZ:to change my clothes JY:Zhouzhou? Where are you going? Zhouzhou! Zhouzhou , what are you doing? Zhouzhou! Are my shoes…oops I didn’t wear those shoes.. JY: Is it shiny? Fans: Shiny! JY: Am I the shinest star? (he said this with strong accent)

*”Are my shoes shiny?” Was what JY said to WZ ,who was knitting scarf in one of the BTS video , he kept pestering WZ with “BLY,what are you knitting” and “Are my shoes shiny?” , it kind of became his popular lines due to the accent*

53.25 > JY(asking fans): How does it feels to be the uke? Painful but with joy/pleasure! (famous phrase)

57.08-57.30> JY ask the fans to give him the feeling of a star entering the stage during his duet with WZ , he imitates fans screaming and Zhouzhou said JY forgot to have his medicine today

57.31> JY (from behind the curtains): Zhouzhou , you should enter the stage first. (JY is such a dork , he seems excited at the whole “appearing cool when he enters the stage” thing)

1.00.49>  Holding hands (duet)

[For the fans interaction part , the fans that participated would get a piece of cake]

1.08.36> WZ’s reaction to JY kabedon-ing the fanboy hahaha

1.09.37-1.09.57>  *WZ versus fanboy* when the fanboy ran to JY’s side , he pulled away the fanboy and asked him to have some cake haha

1.11.16-1.11.42> JY: Ask the one holding Yuzhou to come up! (They were picking fans to come up to the stage , JY picked a fanboy with Yuzhou words on his Ipad’s screen , JY showed the screen to fans)

1.11.48> WZ: you,come up! Zhouyu will never be defeated! (It’s a fangirl with Zhouyu towel? I can’t see what’s written on her towel)

1.13.17-1.13.30> JY: How many pieces are left? *WZ follows JY to count the remaining cakes* JY: 1,2,3,4,5..can you save the 6th piece of cake for me? WZ: Sure JY: Save the 6th piece for me okay (I think JY has been eyeing the cake for quite a while , previously when he was serving fan the cake , he licked his fingers after he gave it XD I find this part cute because the attention is not on them here, and they just casually went to count the pieces of cakes together)

1.15.55-1.16.21> LQ: Why is there only one piece of cake left? WZ: I saved this piece of cake for our Jingyu JY: What are you intending to do,holding it with your hands? WZ: I’ll feed you JY: I don’t want WZ: You’ve worked hard today JY: no no no WZ: You really have to eat it *JY gives in and tries to eat it from WZ holding it, but WZ cakes his face instead* JY: SECURITY!!!

At 1.16.48, when the security guards appear, I thought they were going to take WZ away , but they were just there to carry the table XD

1.19.36> JY holds WZ’s hand (Duet)

1.20.57-1.21.21>  After the duet ,JY looks like he is controlling himself from tearing up. JY: I sang it too touchingly.. WZ: You moved yourself

1.21.36> JY resting his head on WZ’s shoulder in the car

1.25.51>  (LQ is crying after the VCR was shown) JY: She cries very manly *WZ hits JY’s head*

1.30.28> They both turned their heads at the same time

1.36.08> JY turns away (wiping his tears?) WZ comforts him

• Like 24

3 hours ago, gayyoxx said:

@alvinboi @tea4two @samscheetah

Who is that guy eating noodle with Johnny? Why is he there?

#iamjealous #watchout

Blergh, not interesting photo without Zhouzhou :(

Any interesting info from the interview?

Can't find the video yet~

3 hours ago, gayyoxx said:

Ikr! But eventually he gave in to himself and held Zhouzhou's hand LOL.

Yeah, I saw a couple of time when Johnny looked awkward, trying to distance himself from Zhouzhou while Zhouzhou looked just fine.

Like when singing in fan meeting, after the fan were screaming (asking them to hold hand?) Zhouzhou reached out his hand but Johnny awkwardly rejected it.

If we see these incidents isolated from anything else, it looks like Johnny is not comfortable being around Zhouzhou. But since we have the BTS and Johnny himself subconsciously showed affection to Zhouzhou (often right after the awkward moments), I presume there is something else going on ;)

#YuZhou Conspiracy LOL

I am in! If you need more proof of #YuZhou Conspiracy, here's one. Just look at what they do BTS~ <3

3 hours ago, samscheetah said:

He's Bor Fang, best friend of Johnny for over 5 years :P He's a model, too and he has a fashion brand * but I'm not sure cauz I still don't find his brand, just pictures featuring him*

Best friend? I'm raising eyebrows here. Johnny is putting him in the friend-zone right? Right???? xD

1 hour ago, dahai said:

Is Johnny before shooting Addicted already a famous model in China? This is him in another advertisement. He looks so handsome and athletic :wub:   :wub:

My heart~ <3

• Like 5

Hey all, 

Its been years since ive watched a love drama from Asia, the last one was Meteor Garden dubbed in Cantonese in 2001! 

Im loving this web-series so much that I've actually made an account to follow this forum! Is it bad that ive only found out about SHANGYIN 2 nights ago, and ive already watched it twice? This webseries has really hit me in the feels. Coming from a gay guy, its really great to finally see some gay loving from china.
Apart of me will die inside if they dont make season 2. Im 25 years old, my words shouldnt be treated light heartedly. 

Just wanted to know if anyone knows where i could purchase the DVD boxset when it is released? Im in Australia, so not too sure what websites will deliver. 
Also, does anyone know if the DVDs will be the uncut version? 
And if it will contain English subtitles?

My FAVOURITE scene is in episode 15, BYL gave GH the scarf. During class, GH tries to make BLY jealous by telling him about the scarf he received from a girl as a gift. You can tell BYL was getting quite annoyed. But the little smile he gave when GH returns the scarf was just heart warming.

What was your favourite scene from Season 1?
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, ryokise said:

This is kind of late ,but for anyone interested ,I’m pointing out some moments from their fanmeeting , and yes I got carried away with the amount of pointers omg

* LQ> lulu’s actress’*

6.15 – 6.45 > JY: Where are the YuZhou shippers? I keep seeing ZhouYu ZhouYu..Shall we yell “Defeat ZhouYu?” WZ also ask for his ZhouYu shippers , the rest is just the two of them fighting it out with louder “ZhouYu” and “YuZhou” screams . WZ also kicks JY and gave thumbs up to fans screaming ZhouYu.

16.07 > JY talks about him showering and WZ coming in to wash his face. WZ talks about him using the bathroom and JY barging in to shower , JY: To give you your phone! WZ: Oh right

16.22-16.59 > LQ reveals that WZ has already met JY‘s parents ,WZ says that he‘ve seen JY’s mom and realized that genes are indeed passed down. JY ask WZ if the food his mom cooked taste good? WZ: She didn’t cook for me.. JY: Didn’t I brought it a lot of times? WZ: Oh those were prepared by her? JY: She made it herself WZ: 0_0 Really? Yeah it taste good (I think JY’s mom packed food for the crew cause JY said it’s the nicest meal the filming crew had )

18.12 > WZ: My mom said he (JY) is more handsome than me! JY: I like your mom! WZ: I like your mom too!

46.47-47.11 >  WZ playing along with the fans to make JY remove his clothes , JY retaliates back by saying both he and WZ will each remove one piece of clothing , WZ : Big bro! I was wrong!

48.21 > They switched roles , WZ is GH and JY is BLY , JY: Why not I try f****** you? , WZ is supposed to be GH here but he became shy at this line lol

48.55 > JY: Why not I try f****** you? WZ: Come and try JY: Then I’m really going to do it , you said it yourself. *JY grabs WZ and WZ lose his presence as GH again LOL*

51.05-51.33 > JY: Zhouzhou , where are you going? Zhouzhou? WZ: to change my clothes JY: Zhouzhou? WZ:to change my clothes JY:Zhouzhou? Where are you going? Zhouzhou! Zhouzhou , what are you doing? Zhouzhou! Are my shoes…oops I didn’t wear those shoes.. JY: Is it shiny? Fans: Shiny! JY: Am I the shinest star? (he said this with strong accent)

*”Are my shoes shiny?” Was what JY said to WZ ,who was knitting scarf in one of the BTS video , he kept pestering WZ with “BLY,what are you knitting” and “Are my shoes shiny?” , it kind of became his popular lines due to the accent*

53.25 > JY(asking fans): How does it feels to be the uke? Painful but with joy/pleasure! (famous phrase)

57.08-57.30> JY ask the fans to give him the feeling of a star entering the stage during his duet with WZ , he imitates fans screaming and Zhouzhou said JY forgot to have his medicine today

57.31> JY (from behind the curtains): Zhouzhou , you should enter the stage first. (JY is such a dork , he seems excited at the whole “appearing cool when he enters the stage” thing)

[For the fans interaction part , the fans that participated would get a piece of cake]

1.09.37>  *WZ versus fanboy* when the fanboy ran to JY’s side , he pulled away the fanboy and asked him to have some cake haha

1.11.16-1.11.42> JY: Ask the one holding Yuzhou to come up! (They were picking fans to come up to the stage , JY picked a fanboy with Yuzhou words on his Ipad’s screen , JY showed the screen to fans)

1.11.48> WZ: you,come up! Zhouyu will never be defeated! (It’s a fangirl with Zhouyu towel? I can’t see what’s written on her towel)

1.13.17-1.13.30> JY: How many pieces are left? *WZ follows JY to count the remaining cakes* JY: 1,2,3,4,5..can you save the 6th piece of cake for me? WZ: Sure JY: Save the 6th piece for me okay (I think JY has been eyeing the cake for quite a while , previously when he was serving fan the cake , he licked his fingers after he gave it XD I find this part cute because the attention is not on them here, and they just casually went to count the pieces of cakes together)

1.15.55-1.16.21> LQ: Why is there only one piece of cake left? WZ: I saved this piece of cake for our Jingyu JY: What are you intending to do,holding it with your hands? WZ: I’ll feed you JY: I don’t want WZ: You’ve worked hard today JY: no no no WZ: You really have to eat it *JY gives in and tries to eat it from WZ holding it, but WZ cakes his face instead* JY: SECURITY!!!

At 1.16.48, when the security guards appear, I thought they were going to take WZ away , but they were just there to carry the table XD

1.20.57-1.21.21>  After the duet ,JY looks like he is controlling himself from tearing up. JY: I sang it too touchingly.. WZ: You moved yourself

1.25.51>  (LQ is crying after the VCR was shown) JY: She cries very manly *WZ hits JY’s head*

Thanks @ryokise very much for summarising the video. You are so kind!!! :)

OMG I'm so dead after skipping through the video for what you mentioned, especially the highlighted parts.

At 1.16.22- 1.16.41, after JY called for security, JY said that he will continue with the show like this, without wiping the cake off. He then shouted out at the audience, "Shuai bu shuai/ Good-looking or not?" That's so JY/ GH. But, later on, he questioned himself and went for the tissue. How can he be so charming and adorable in split seconds... Oh my aching heart~ <3<3

It's quite touching to see LQ cry, after the video ended. It must have reminded her of the good filming memories. She continued to read the script in her hands. Although they are words on paper, she clearly spoke from the bottom of her heart. 1.26.37 "An earnest production not only has a tough production process, but also, I believe, will become a pocket of beautiful memories for everyone many years on. I hope that everyone will remember this morning's brilliant 'meteor shower' several years later." Note: 流行雨 / Liu Xing Yu / Meteor shower refers to the fanmeet and the song title of their ending performance.

It moves me to see that the cast takes the fanmeet as if it was the last? There's no reason why they can't have another one, but it goes to show how the cast does not take it for granted. They cherish their filming experience and every bit of support from the fans. #loveAddicted <3<3<3<3<3<3

Btw, what's LQ in full? I can't remember her name. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 10

15 minutes ago, alberto123 said:

Hey all, 

Its been years since ive watched a love drama from Asia, the last one was Meteor Garden dubbed in Cantonese in 2001! 

Im loving this web-series so much that I've actually made an account to follow this forum! Is it bad that ive only found out about SHANGYIN 2 nights ago, and ive already watched it twice? This webseries has really hit me in the feels. Coming from a gay guy, its really great to finally see some gay loving from china.
Apart of me will die inside if they dont make season 2. Im 25 years old, my words shouldnt be treated light heartedly. 

Just wanted to know if anyone knows where i could purchase the DVD boxset when it is released? Im in Australia, so not too sure what websites will deliver. 

My FAVOURITE scene is in episode 15, BYL gave GH the scarf. During class, GH tries to make BLY jealous by telling him about the scarf he received from a girl as a gift. You can tell BYL was getting quite annoyed. But the little smile he gave when GH returns the scarf was just heart warming.

I don't know what episode it is but My favorite scene is when Johnny was standing outside the house waiting for Yin to tell him to go inside. Actually, I love all of their scenes together <3 hahahaha!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, porcelainwhite said:

The video happens towards the very end of the novel where YM one day came across his colleague editing footages of past serious traffic accidents for police promotion/public education efforts then YM saw GH's accident footages. Knowing GH will want to see it, he passed the video to GH and that's when GH realised that he also owes his life to BLY and became determined that they should get married.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, alvinboi said:

OMG I'm so dead after skipping through the video for what you mentioned, especially the highlighted parts.

At 1.16.22- 1.16.41, after JY called for security, JY said that he will continue with the show like this, without wiping the cake off. He then shouted out at the audience, "Shuai bu shuai/ Good-looking or not?" That's so JY/ GH. But, later on, he questioned himself and went for the tissue. How can he be so charming and adorable in split seconds... Oh my aching heart~ <3<3

It's quite touching to see LQ cry, after the video ended. It must have reminded her of the good filming memories. She continued to read the script in her hands. Although they are words on paper, it is clear that she spoke from the bottom of her heart. 1.26.37 "An earnest production not only has a tough production process, but also, I believe, will become a pocket of beautiful memories for everyone many years on. I hope that everyone will remember this morning's brilliant 'meteor shower' several years later." Note: Meteor shower refers to the fanmeet and the song title of their ending performance.

It moves me to see that the cast takes the fanmeet as if it was the last? There's no reason why they can't have another one, but it goes to show how the cast does not take it for granted. They cherish their filming experience and every bit of support from the fans. #loveAddicted <3<3<3<3<3<3

Btw, what's LQ in full? I can't remember her name. :sweatingbullets:

IKR the part when he took the tissue to wipe his face despite saying so confidently that he would not wipe if off, that was funny . LQ's name is 娄清 , Lou qing :) And yeah, I also feels touched looking at how emotional they were and how much they valued the fanmeet T_T

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ryokise said:

* LQ> lulu’s actress’*

16.22-16.59 > LQ reveals that WZ has already met JY‘s parents ,WZ says that he‘ve seen JY’s mom and realized that genes are indeed passed down. JY ask WZ if the food his mom cooked taste good? WZ: She didn’t cook for me.. JY: Didn’t I brought it a lot of times? WZ: Oh those were prepared by her? JY: She made it herself WZ: 0_0 Really? Yeah it taste good (I think JY’s mom prepared food for the crew cause JY said it’s the nicest meal the filming crew had )

1.09.37-1.09.57>  *WZ versus fanboy* when the fanboy ran to JY’s side , he pulled away the fanboy and asked him to have some cake haha

Please someone make an english sub for this. Huhuhu I want to watch!! :((

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, alberto123 said:

Hey all, 

Hey there, fellow addict. Welcome to this thread.

My favourite scene would be the rooftop scene on Episode 14. I love that scene so much. BLY is feeling lost and abandoned and GH is there to comfort him. :wub: Their dialogues are superb as well. I kinda expected at that moment for BLY to say "I'm gonna miss my dad" or something like that but instead he says "There will be no one to cook such a horrible meal for me." It's a simple dialogue but it has much more impact than him just saying "I'm gonna miss my dad". The author is genius!!

Especially this dialogue touches me the most: "I assure you, except your dad, no one loves you more than I do." Aaaaw....

Not to mention the background song! The voice and the song fits the scene so much. I become a fan of Shuhei Nagasawa from then on.

Everything in this scene is just perfect! The acting, the dialogues, the background song... Even the costumes! They wore for once nice (and new) clothes and not the same clothes as before! xD

• Like 8

The Colors of Life chapter 3 is out!

Sweet, Emerald Dream

https://www.wattpad.com/226869435-the-colors-of-life-sweet-emerald-dream

"No. You need to eat. Now!"

"But Zhouzhou, I want to talk to you..."

"If you do not get some food and eat, I'll hung up!"

I whined loudly. I really don't want to eat now. I am so fcking tired. All I want is having a loving video call with my boyfriend,  doing some actions together with my said boyfriend. Then go to sleep. But nooooo. He insisted that I have to eat. Now.

I tried experimenting with Johnny's secret characteristic known only to Zhouzhou in this chapter. Let me know your thoughts on this!

• Like 5