3 hours ago, hryy said:

Just some notes on YM vs YQ

Reveal hidden contents

The novel itself did not really dwell on their relationship much based on my selective and speed reading :P In part one of the novel, there's one instance YQ asked YM to crossdress and pose as his girlfriend to deter another lady from a senior school from continuing to chase YQ. 

I think the author only into details of them getting together in the spinoff chapters. 8 years later, while YM became a policeman, YQ became a popular actor. They first met after leaving school was when YM was one of the crowd control officers for YQ's fanmeeting or something. YM as usual, was clueless until one of the fans pushed him and he knocked into YQ and realised YQ has became famous. Later on, YQ visited YM's at his place to catch up and YM was joking if he knew it was him, he would just let the fans go after YQ :D At one of their many meetings later, think YQ told YM that he actually remembers his interactions with YM most clearly compared to other incidents during his schooldays. YQ also helped YM to moonlight as extras on some dramas/movies to boost the latter's income (apparently his pay as a policeman is a pittance)

One funny incident involving all 4 of them, was YQ's premier of his first movie as the leading actor. The movie was called "the love letter which arrives late". So the emcee was asking YQ has he ever received a love letter that was late, YQ replied no but he has a love letter that was never sent out. Then the theatre went wild typical of fans and media who are interested in the love life of the actor. BLY and GH was also at the premier invited by YQ. As YQ read out the letter he nvr sent, highlighting the things he did with the person (BLY, who else :D ) deliberately being vague about the person's gender, GH was squeezing BLY's crotch throughout, out of jealousy :D .

Then later as they were watching the movie, YM was sniggering irritating the movie-goers; he was amused by YQ's acting and found him silly. That scene was a crying scene when YQ was rejected by the female lead in the movie. BLY was seated a few seats away and he like other movie-goers was looking for the inconsiderate person. Then he saw YM, and realised that he was the culprit but he awkwardly smiled and acknowledged him, Then YM has to be big mouth and ask aloud if BLY has heard YQ reading the letter as the letter is for him. The movie-goers seated near them all quickly turned and looked at BLY :D The novel just stop at this funny scene. In their next meeting, YM was cursing the person who leaked that the letter is for a male which caused him to be hounded by the media for days; YQ did not dare to own up :D 

I wanna read more about YM Vs. YQ :D Thank you... 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pureblade said:

Catching up..... geeeez is Johnny battling something inside??? I mean look at Zhouzhou, he is totally comfortable in this clip.

Ikr! But eventually he gave in to himself and held Zhouzhou's hand LOL.

4 hours ago, pureblade said:

Things are getting interesting B). In the back of my mind I'm like "don't fight it! don't fight it!" hehehehe he literally removes his hand and then glances at the hand he had just touched hmmmmmmmmmmmm :rolleyes: tug of war of the heart! I do not think he would be this conscious of his actions if there wasn't anything going on in his feeling about this friend he has made. Weizhou is just cool and comfy lol

Yeah, I saw a couple of time when Johnny looked awkward, trying to distance himself from Zhouzhou while Zhouzhou looked just fine.

Like when singing in fan meeting, after the fan were screaming (asking them to hold hand?) Zhouzhou reached out his hand but Johnny awkwardly rejected it.

If we see these incidents isolated from anything else, it looks like Johnny is not comfortable being around Zhouzhou. But since we have the BTS and Johnny himself subconsciously showed affection to Zhouzhou (often right after the awkward moments), I presume there is something else going on ;)

#YuZhou Conspiracy LOL

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, gayyoxx said:

Yeah, I saw a couple of time when Johnny looked awkward, trying to distance himself from Zhouzhou while Zhouzhou looked just fine.

Like when singing in fan meeting, after the fan were screaming (asking them to hold hand?) Zhouzhou reached out his hand but Johnny awkwardly rejected it.

If we see these incidents isolated from anything else, it looks like Johnny is not comfortable being around Zhouzhou. But since we have the BTS and Johnny himself subconsciously showed affection to Zhouzhou (often right after the awkward moments), I presume there is something else going on ;)

#YuZhou Conspiracy LOL

Maybe it has something to do with the general marketing image that they've been advised to stick to while presented to the "masses", hetero girls especially...? They give vibes beyond bromance variety *heart flutters*. I recall one moment from a BTS shot when Johnny's hand wandered and then firmly planted itself on Zhouzhou's knee for an extended time: but that was just with the crew present around...

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, gayyoxx said:

#YuZhou Conspiracy LOL

OH MY GOOODDD!! :astonished:

Please don't start any conspiracy again. I CAN'T EVEN... :bawling:

But what could I do, what could we do, if they keep continuously giving these kind of materials to add up, LOL #YuZhouConspiracy

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, hellolive said:

OH MY GOOODDD!! :astonished:

Please don't start any conspiracy again. I CAN'T EVEN... :bawling:

But what could I do, what could we do, if they keep continuously giving these kind of materials to add up, LOL #YuZhouConspiracy

Adding fuel to the fire...I noticed that too...in BTS Johnny looks just fine with all the touching but during the FM he looks really shy...maybe he's just overwhelmed with the attention???Us fangurls and fanboys could be sooooo intimidating sometimes hehehehehe

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, yaoimazter78 said:

I vote for this idea...but GH might throw us out of the window for daring to touch his BLY hahahahhhaah

@yaoimazter78 As long as I can rest my head on GH's butt (even for a few seconds) I'd be content, and he can throw me out the window. LOL:lol:

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, gayyoxx said:

@alvinboi @tea4two @samscheetah

Who is that guy eating noodle with Johnny? Why is he there?

#iamjealous #watchout

Blergh, not interesting photo without Zhouzhou :(

Any interesting info from the interview?

He's Bor Fang, best friend of Johnny for over 5 years :P He's a model, too and he has a fashion brand * but I'm not sure cauz I still don't find his brand, just pictures featuring him*

• Like 4

I have a suggestion for the kind hearted people who did the novel excerpt translations before: their wedding scene! I want to read how our tsundere made his hubby cry by announcing his undying love for him soooooo bad :w00t:

Also, I wonder, who attended their wedding? Did their family come?? All of them???? GH's dad even?

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, yaoimazter78 said:

Adding fuel to the fire...I noticed that too...in BTS Johnny looks just fine with all the touching but during the FM he looks really shy...maybe he's just overwhelmed with the attention???Us fangurls and fanboys could be sooooo intimidating sometimes hehehehehe

21 minutes ago, Ariodante said:

Maybe it has something to do with the general marketing image that they've been advised to stick to while presented to the "masses", hetero girls especially...? They give vibes beyond bromance variety *heart flutters*. I recall one moment from a BTS shot when Johnny's hand wandered and then firmly planted itself on Zhouzhou's knee for an extended time: but that was just with the crew present around...

I think we can consider both, and more.

1) From production perspective, they are filming an Asian BL series. The leading actors need to show some kind of affection toward one another otherwise the act will look dry. The boys did this splendidly, imho.

2) From marketing perspective, they need to sell the series and one of the marketing tricks is to keep the affection among the actors as fan service. The classic line will be: "oh, we are straight but close buddies now; we continue being friends; etc."

3) BUT! Still from marketing perspective: the actors can not commit themselves too much to each other. Even if they have personal relationship, they still have to show some uncertainty on their relationship, just so the fans do not see them as "taken". An idol committed to relationship is boring because the fans can not imagine themselves to go between the established relation. Thus, they have to maintain a certain level of ambiguity.

4) There is also the question on how much the actors want to keep their private life, well, private. 

5) Fans' expectation is hard to be maintained and this is related to #3 above. We want to see something about Johnny/Zhouzhou but if they come clean, whether they are in relationship or not, we might get disappointed either way. I think fans are thrilled with "the possibilities", not with "the certainties". Look how the ban, which made the future of Addicted uncertain, catapulted the series into its present fame :D 

• Like 16

@samscheetah Thank you! Oh, it is the same Bong Far Johnny drank with in the previous picture, right?

Btw, the rooftop background song is released! http://y.qq.com/#type=song&mid=001G47on2S3zHe&tpl=yqq_song_detail&play=0

I think the one that's moving up is the lyrics of the song? Can someone be kind enough to translate it, please? *kitten face*

edit: it's weird I can't play the song anymore from the UK. I could play it half an hour ago -_- 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, gayyoxx said:

I think we can consider both, and more.

1) From production perspective, they are filming an Asian BL series. The leading actors need to show some kind of affection toward one another otherwise the act will look dry. The boys did this splendidly, imho.

2) From marketing perspective, they need to sell the series and one of the marketing tricks is to keep the affection among the actors as fan service. The classic line will be: "oh, we are straight but close buddies now; we continue being friends; etc."

3) BUT! Still from marketing perspective: the actors can not commit themselves too much to each other. Even if they have personal relationship, they still have to show some uncertainty on their relationship, just so the fans do not see them as "taken". An idol committed to relationship is boring because the fans can not imagine themselves to go between the established relation. Thus, they have to maintain a certain level of ambiguity.

4) There is also the question on how much the actors want to keep their private life, well, private. 

5) Fans' expectation is hard to be maintained and this is related to #3 above. We want to see something about Johnny/Zhouzhou but if they come clean, whether they are in relationship or not, we might get disappointed either way. I think fans are thrilled with "the possibilities", not with "the certainties". Look how the ban, which made the future of Addicted uncertain, catapulted the series into its present fame :D 

Yes, yes, and yes indeed... I think it's def an uncharted territory of fame and truly international attention for the young leads to navigate, who've been thrown in the spotlight in what like, a fortnight? 

• Like 5

To conspiracy theory

their last interview the awareness of violence one that's last one before WZ went back to university right. I feel Johnny is quite quiet on that day unlike their usual rackus they seem to lost in their thoughts although WZ keeping as usual

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gayyoxx said:

#YuZhou Conspiracy LOL

Yes I mean the body language makes it obvious lol he's trying to deal with something ^_^... and the fact thats he's comfortable "out of the public" makes it all the more suspicious!

#Team YuZhou Conspiracy alright LOL!!

Let's hope his awkwardness doesn't get this adorable :lol::

img]

• Like 4