7 hours ago, xix19xix said:

Hi, glad to hear that :). JY probably knows some Spanish since he used to hang out with a bunch of Spanish in Shanghai over beer.

Just to be clear, we are not anti-Europeans here. @Kim Kruisbessie, @charlie10 and @Scandani are Europeans who are regular Addicted soompiers. Speaking of which, I hope @Scandani is okay. It's been a while since we hear from her...

I think my point has always been that if you want to influence China, you cannot be confrontational.

If the message is "We love the show.", "The actors are fantastic.", "I want to learn Mandarin because of the show.", "I like to visit China because of the show", it will soften the ban on the boys.

But if it is "China is oppressive", "China has violated human rights", "We must protest", "We must change China", then they will likely stay extremely defensive and the boys will continue to suffer...

I hope you understand that it is because we really really love the boys dearly that we do not want any more bad things to happen to them. Hence, we (or maybe I) may come across as hostile. Besides, this is a fan site. I don't think we want this to become a political one. Having said that, if it helps the boys, I believe all of us will assist. You probably have noticed their sell out concerts, and photobook, DVD sales, for example.

Who knew our addiction to Addicted would become a good platform for intercultural interaction and exchanges? Wow, from just being obsessed with the two and their love story to getting exposed to different cultures!

i took some international relations classes before in college and we were taught that the Chinese value the concept of "face" or something like one's social reputation. In general, even where I'm from (the Philippines) and in other Asian countries, direct conflict is frowned upon as it forces people to sully the face and produces disharmony and a general feeling of disquiet. This is why protests are not as effective here as they are in some countries in the West. It's also useful to bear in mind that being outspoken is sometimes seen as a sign of arrogance and a demonstration of one's superiority over others---something which doesn't fit into the typical model of a community-based society which we have here. 

In this part of the world, we negotiate obstacles through a long process of establishing good relationships with people, and then forming a network of friends and connections who can help us achieve our goals. The best thing to do really at this point is to widen our base of fans and supporters of the show to help make sure the two boys and Addicted get really famous so they can have more projects and the show can get more publicity. It's such a good thing that this has gone beyond Asia but I hope that somehow, this massive reach will become a way for people in China to see Addicted so that in the long term, with a new generation of leaders, there can be change as to the attitude of China's leaders to this type of work. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, gayyoxx said:

Hi! It's nice to see you here.

I am quite puzzled by the notion that our forum has... difficulties... with Europeans because so many of us here are Europeans and we have been here since February, before the ban. We were here during the first episodes of Addicted, fawning over the chemistry we found, shocked by the ban, going ups and downs day by day (or, was it minutes by minutes? Oh, the old days full of emotional roller coaster!).

I am myself an Englishman (don't let my firecracker temperament fools you!) and I have never found any discrimination against me or whatsoever here. There have been differences in opinion and views, which inevitably were influenced by cultural differences between fans here, true, but that's what makes this forum fascinating!

When I first learned about the ban, and the subsequent consequences, I was furious (well, I still am). I was hoping that CJD's company would do what myself would do: start a petition, arrange demonstration etc. Making it as loud as possible to gain attention and transform that public attention into political pressure. It was bloody confounding for me to see how ... accepting CJD, JY and ZZ were toward the ban and injustice that follows. But then, I learned that there are other ways to express your defiance or protest different than the "western style". Instead of being noisy (as I would have), they chose to remain silent but work hard, trying to defy the ban by proving that they are talented and capable of producing great works. 

Now, months later, I can see that their methods are working. Instead of stifled by the ban against Addicted (and the "unofficial ban" against JY and ZZ showing in everything under sparft's jurisdiction, which have been debated and discussed over and over again in this thread), JY and ZZ are steadily carving their achievements in Chinese entertainment industry and the world. It is true that JY and ZZ are still young and have lots to do but at least, they have begun their first steps.

So, tl; dr: I kindly invite fellow Europeans lurking here to join this thread and involve in enlightening debates/discussions with fellow fans from all over the world here. Also, while I can understand the passion to campaign over JY and ZZ's cause in the "European way", in my opinion, it would be better for us to support them and allow them to deal with their circumstance using methods they deem fit. If you want to spread the news of Addicted and gather support for JY and ZZ, I suggest you take into account this brilliant advice from @xix19xix:

I had no idea you're an Englishman. I've always wondered though what "gayyoxx" means. Haha! 

10 hours ago, bearology said:

JY - Baotou

Reveal hidden contents

Cr [面包馬少女]

CryvYYQVYAAaMbs.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Cr [大圈圈圈圈儿]

CrzLd99UIAAY0Zt.jpg

CrzLg1eUsAEykQT.jpg

CrzLiX6UEAQRmXk.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Cr InoOMei Twitter

CrzKF5fVUAAqXJt.jpg

Cry_BOIUEAA8rm1.jpg

Cry_E1WUAAAUL3r.jpg

Oh my... that last photo set of JY. That shirt looks very good on him... Someone spray me down with a hose, please.  :wub:

• Like 6

Has anyone seen this funny interview of ZZ before his concert in Thailand? 

Link: 

Cr: Numtaan NT

He looks so handsome and enthusiastic here! Also, he seems to be quick to pick up a few words in other languages. My heart's melting.... :wub:

The host and translator are pretty good! They really livened up the atmosphere and even ZZ (though I bet he was nervous about his then upcoming concert)!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kim Kruisbessie said:

@dazzlin92 If got realy no idea what type blood the have uhm i think its red same as every one, i don't even know my own blood type hahaha sorry this is something totaly new for me to hear, but i'm never to old to learn new things. ;)

@Kim Kruisbessiehahahaha..glad to know that this blood type is something new for you...i've searched it  (JY, ZZ, FS,CW blood type) but to no vail..huhuhu..not to say that it was really true but as for me (O blood type) is said to be a leader and an introvert but can switch to extrovert whenever they want and it quite true for me hehehe :rolleyes:...so i'm actually really excited to know them more 

1 hour ago, Kyleaddicted said:

Is it Christmas already?!?! ZZ OVERLOAD IS THE BEST!!! 

You sure you're not a vampire? Lol.:P

@Kyleaddicted I might be~~ muehehehe ;)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dazzlin92 said:

Hai all!!  :D   just dropping by~~ 

This is a random question, but does anyone knows the blood types of JY, ZZ, Fensong and Wenwen?

hahaha random question bcos I would like to know them more...it may sound a little bit weird but here in Asia esp in Japan and Korea blood type is somewhat important as it "describe" the person....if in korea or japan the blood type question will be one of the first question asked when you are just getting get to know each other to see the personality compability...hahaha just for fun *in hoping discovering more delulu heaven* ;)

p/s: me giving virtual hugs and kisses to all of you here!! and all of you are welcome here no matter from wherever you are~~~ :wub:

For everyone who is wondering - this is known as Blood Type Personality Theory - or "ketsueki-gata". This explains it all:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_type_personality_theory

• Like 4

On 6/9/2016 at 10:33 PM, nippy2002 said:

We must understand we all come from different parts of the world and with that, our own assumptions, beliefs and cultures. To change a law, a rule is easy but to shift beliefs and cultures are most difficult.

AMEN TO THAT!!! :cookie::heart:

@baw74 Thanks i just have read it.

@dazzlin92 I just have read that link from baw74 what i understand from it's something like a horsocope or zodiac. Now i understand that bloodtype thing in the profile on weibo when i saw that i thought hu were is that good for hahaha. The only thing what i know from my blood is that i have the exact same blood type as my dad and totaly the opposide from my mother because i had blood-poisoning at birth. Personaly i think horoscopes and Chinese zodiacs are some more accurate if you combine those two together you get a pretty good idea how a person looks like, but i think that life experience is also important. But anyway its nice to learn something new here ;)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kyleaddicted said:

Has anyone seen this funny interview of ZZ before his concert in Thailand? 

Link: 

Cr: Numtaan NT

He looks so handsome and enthusiastic here! Also, he seems to be quick to pick up a few words in other languages. My heart's melting.... :wub:

The host and translator are pretty good! They really livened up the atmosphere and even ZZ (though I bet he was nervous about his then upcoming concert)!

Just wondering if he or they are invited to Europe if they are willing to come and meet local fans, It still looks their main focus is on Asia  hope they know now their popularity goes beyond Asia/ It could be very interesting a press conference/fan meeting in Europe honestly

• Like 10

54 minutes ago, pabloyalex said:

Just wondering if he or they are invited to Europe if they are willing to come and meet local fans, It still looks their main focus is on Asia  hope they know now their popularity goes beyond Asia/ It could be very interesting a press conference/fan meeting in Europe honestly

Great opportunity if the audience is already big enough do you think is it already ? but what about the press conference ............tricky one....

• Like 7

Just now, Alby Roma said:

Great opportunity if the audience is already big enough do you think is it already ? but what about the press conference ............tricky one....

Ciaoooo @Alby Roma fan meeting if well organized I think it is possible and your country for the fashion reason :) or ours will be even better Just kidding. Press conference i agree given the circumstances and our journalists can be tricky. One question once you there but D&G really know them ? I saw somewhere here JY went to Milan invited by them but not sure it is true or correct

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, pabloyalex said:

Ciaoooo @Alby Roma fan meeting if well organized I think it is possible and your country for the fashion reason :) or ours will be even better Just kidding. Press conference i agree given the circumstances and our journalists can be tricky. One question once you there but D&G really know them ? I saw somewhere here JY went to Milan invited by them but not sure it is true or correct

http://www.dolcegabbana.com/discover/dolce-gabbana-ss17-mens-fashion-show-millennials-celebrities/

Yes, Dolce and Gabbana has invited JY to Milan in June 2016. Excerpts from the website

Spoiler

Huang Jingyu: Liaoning, China November 30, 1992
Weibo: Johnny黄景瑜
Followers: 2.574.000
Trivia: Huang Jingyu, known in English as Johnny Huang found fame in the extremely successful and controversial web series Addicted that was banned by Chinese media regulators in 2015. Huang’s rise to fame included him being invited along with the Chinese contingent by Harper’s Bazaar China and Xiandanjia to the Cannes Film Festival in 2016. Huang has a dog called Billy.

Photos from his weibo

Spoiler

7695a96djw1f4zn0eehgjj22c02wzhdu.jpg

7695a96djw1f4zn2snqh9j22c02wz1ky.jpg

I still remember that some Korean and Chinese fans were there to support him. I guess the question is, how many people do you need to have a successful fan meet in Europe?

In Korea, 3,000 fans attended ZZ's concert. I believe a similar number will attend JY's fan meet in Korea later this year. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, xix19xix said:

http://www.dolcegabbana.com/discover/dolce-gabbana-ss17-mens-fashion-show-millennials-celebrities/

Yes, Dolce and Gabbana has invited JY to Milan before. Excerpts from the website

Reveal hidden contents

Huang Jingyu: Liaoning, China November 30, 1992
Weibo: Johnny黄景瑜
Followers: 2.574.000
Trivia: Huang Jingyu, known in English as Johnny Huang found fame in the extremely successful and controversial web series Addicted that was banned by Chinese media regulators in 2015. Huang’s rise to fame included him being invited along with the Chinese contingent by Harper’s Bazaar China and Xiandanjia to the Cannes Film Festival in 2016. Huang has a dog called Billy.

I still remember that some Korean and Chinese fans were there to support him. I guess the question is, how many people do you need to have a successful fan meet in Europe?

In Korea, 3,000 fans attended ZZ's concert. I believe a similar number will attend JY's fan meet in Korea later this year. 

@xix19xixthanks for sharing that

• Like 3