Quantcast
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, xix19xix said:

 

I think we have taken for granted many things that were permissive in the West. China is more concerned about the legitimacy of the ruling party than personal freedom. Media is a propaganda machine to maintain order and good behaviour, rather than an avenue to promote new ways of thinking and new perspectives.

Ironically for their economy to be vibrant and innovative, they need to be more receptive to diverse opinions and interpretation of social norms.

I am not sure when China will be more liberal and let the masses to decide what is good or bad. The funny thing is probably in the minds of many officials, too much freedom is actually a step backwards. You know it is the same as how some religious organisation consider acceptance of alternative lifestyles as a sign of decadence...

However, considering that it took nearly 50 years for gays to gain the rights to marry in USA, China may already be on an accelerated path towards a more open society.

Incidentally, the biggest LGBT company in the world is in China btw. 

I saw this mv the other day. How I wish one day JY and ZZ will make a similar wedding mv. It will be so beautiful...

 

 

Accelerated, indeed. Just witnessing the last 15 years in the US - and even at that, the last 5 - has been encouraging. I can't help but feel hope that the dominoes start to fall faster here and around the world. But with speed comes the negative - people aren't apt to change as quickly, and I worry about the inevitable conflicts that will occur.

And OMG to the thought that JY and ZZ make a video like that... I'd pass out!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have y'all seen this?  This brought back those feels!

 

 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fanart

Spoiler

Cr 坂田 elsa

CrMwdqKUEAAI-4-.jpg

Spoiler

Cr 沫色惜年

CrM2c2HUMAA1T4H.jpg

ZZ - Light ShangHai 130816

Spoiler

Cr RedMoon9294

CrM8xanUkAAoNii.jpg

CrM8xamUAAAGYzs.jpg

CrM8xaoUsAAX9It.jpg

CrM8xapVMAAVjAk.jpg

CrM89CNUkAAlFu2.jpg

CrM89C0UEAAWI8Z.jpg

CrM89DuUEAA665W.jpg

CrM89EhUAAAjUEd.jpg

Spoiler

Cr Instant Crush

CrNIl44UMAAe5_G.jpg

CrNIl4FUIAExxVH.jpg

CrNIl4HUAAAYJVe.jpg

CrM2gngVIAAkoUY.jpg

CrM2gnjVMAAHvdP.jpg

CrM2n_eUIAIHd2y.jpg

Spoiler

Cr [SandYaso]

CrMZ-DqVIAACdRu.jpg

ZZ - H&M Event 200716

Spoiler

Cr [HoneyCongee1020]

 CrMUI1gVMAEjYVY.jpg

@kyrie777 We don't have video of him answering it (or maybe they will release it later? :w00t:) but ZZ used the word "hai" according to below (spoiler) :D

Spoiler

Cr joeychika from hiyaya12345 Twiter

CrLwswwUkAA34vw.jpg

@charlie10 YAY! 50 days more to go :w00t: For fanart, there are actually 5 of us. Thank you to our awesome translators @gashupingo, @ryokise and fuu. @artemis1130 and I just slack there, chatting while waiting to read fanart translation :lol:

@victorianlegend I love your fanart. More pleaseee :D

@lielee with this speed, maybe we won't have to wait til his bday. *fingers and toes crossed* :D

Edit: Everyone dream -> YZ is real and we will see YZ appear together one day in the future. We are all desperate :tears:

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, xix19xix said:

 

I think we have taken for granted many things that were permissive in the West. China is more concerned about the legitimacy of the ruling party than personal freedom. Media is a propaganda machine to maintain order and good behaviour, rather than an avenue to promote new ways of thinking and new perspectives.

Ironically for their economy to be vibrant and innovative, they need to be more receptive to diverse opinions and interpretation of social norms.

I am not sure when China will be more liberal and let the masses to decide what is good or bad. The funny thing is probably in the minds of many officials, too much freedom is actually a step backwards. You know it is the same as how some religious organisation consider acceptance of alternative lifestyles as a sign of decadence...

However, considering that it took nearly 50 years for gays to gain the rights to marry in USA, China may already be on an accelerated path towards a more open society.

Incidentally, the biggest LGBT company in the world is in China btw. 

I saw this mv the other day. How I wish one day JY and ZZ will make a similar wedding mv. It will be so beautiful...

 

@xix19xix you are very right the biggest LGBT organization - without counting Hong Kong and Macau - is actually in China, Media are indeed a propaganda machine that however nobody really cares too much. China has the largest number of people travelling abroad and mainly to the west and with the years their education is on rise hence they have been starting thinking. A large number of Chinese despite the ban has been watching Addicted what is easy to understand by watching the reaction they have during the concert as the very last one. It is true in the western world we got thing after several years but we have been fighting for it. This is the big difference, i do not see China actually going on a more open society i see part of Chinese mocking the ruling party and going on their way anyway. The interactions of those 2 actors is a daily bypassing the rules. I found a weibo interaction of the actor that plays the role of the father of BLY in the series a good, strong and brave one. What it is hard for me to understand - perhaps because i am not Chinese - is our there, they have 1 billion 300 million people most of them drinking bitter water without spitting that's the most dramatic part. I do not believe in country changing if people is not willing to change. I love despite few mention here the author of the book of these series, she is really a great one indeed she dreams with consistent words and challenging the party, brave and visionary continuing her prolific work. I have seen Asians countries changing quite a lot with people risking their life i hope as it has been happening with Arab spring with all its problems also in Asia some countries will start standing up for their rights. Myanmar is an example that should push others, Thailand is on a sort of beginning and Singapore despite free compared to others is going to change the constitution in favor of minorities to be more representative. Japan and Taiwan are big example of democracy keeping their culture alive but also giving people freedom. My apology to be so long but there are situation believe me very hard to be accepted by watching people with no reaction at all. China continues to ban and will continue to do so until people will no halt them and they do ban because they know they can because nobody dares challenging them

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@skeletonworks, yes that was me and my dirty mind lol. 

@bearology, these guys will be the death of me from consuming too much sugar lol. Can't wait to see the video if they ever release it. 

@suehpec, welcome on board. Prepare to lose lots of free time and sleep over Yuzhou if you haven't already. 

To everyone, if anyone can help with purchasing and shipping a copy of JY's photobook to Australia, it'll be very much appreciated. I've contacted the Malaysian and Vietnamese fan club but they can't help. Unfortunately I am illiterate in Chinese so can't really talk to any of the Chinese fanclub (don't even know where to start). 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, skeletonworks said:

By the way, tomorrow will be the beginning of pre-order for the DVD!!!! Can't wait!!!!!

Is there any news on availability for international fans? If anyone has details or information, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :)

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@suehpec - Welcome, and well said. I feel much the same as you. I showed 'Addicted' to my partner, and was prepared for his laughter at me at the very least - yet when it ended and I showed him some BTS's, he turned to me and asked if they were a real couple. Then I had to break it to him that S2 was banned, and they can't appear together. He now appreciates my daily summary of what I've learned on their whereabouts and happenings.

It's probably time to do another viewing of the show with him.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, suehpec said:

Hello everyone!
I've been lurking in this forum for a month now since I finished watching the series and all possible BTS. This series was actually recommended to me way back in February but it being an asian drama series, I was a bit hesitant. I know from the few that I've watched of asian BL storylines, it always doesn't seem to end well.
A few months have passed and I found myself alone at home with a fever. I was browsing youtube for something to entertain myself and the first episode of Shang Yin popped up in my suggested videos (maybe because I watched a catalan series, Merlí)

I finished it in no time and left me wanting more. I curiously watched the BTS and like most of you here (if not all) got hooked in YuZhou.

I actually wasn't that convinced at first. I think of myself as a fairly objective person so I reasoned that I only think this way because I still associate them with their characters. I found this forum after trying to explain away this suspicion that I have. 

Although some I could classify as a mere delusion, the evidence that all you lovely people here have posted just can't be denied or atleast it begs to be answered by JY and WZ themselves.

I went as far as having my friends watch the series and the BTS. Everytime, they come to the realization, without me insinuating anything, that the two have something going on between them. A loving and affectionate relationship at the very least. 

Even with all that, I try to rationalize and deny YuZhou in my head. Analyzing the bromance that we see on other people, it's just incomparable.  

Sorry for the long post and if I am rambling. I'm typing this via phone at work so I'm multi tasking.

I feel like I was drowning at sea with them lurking in my mind but now I made this account to officially jump on board the YuZhou ship. 

I'm really late but hey. I'll cut this post here but be ready for a lot of questions from me haha.

 

Welcome to this lovely forum, fellow former lurker turned member! Be warned that at times, this forum is even more addictive than the series itself! ;)

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, filmlore46 said:

Is there any news on availability for international fans? If anyone has details or information, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :)

It's available through books.com.tw and FiveMusic but I am not entirely sure whether it's available for international fans. So far TWD618 on FiveMusic and TWD628 on the other site. Not inclusive of delivery charges. I'm trying to purchase it, will update you guys on which is the better choice. :D 

(I personally have no issue with both sites, I've purchased Addicted OST CD from FiveMusic and Addicted photobook from books.com.tw. It's a lot easier than Taobao, which may be complicated to some of us. The only issue is whether it can pass through customs ._.)

UPDATE

I tried both sites: 

FiveMusic: It will cost me NT$618 for the item, NT$240 for the delivery charges to Malaysia and NT$150 for extra charge for delivery with poster tube. Total = NT$1008.

books.com.tw: It will cost me NT$628 for the item itself and NT$230 for the delivery charges to Malaysia (same for Singapore, NT$300 for Viet Nam and Australia, NT$275 for US and NT$340 for UK, just to name a few). Total for me: NT$858.

Kindly note that there is no mention on the free poster for books.com.tw whereas it is stated on FiveMusic (under this part : ☆ 預購加贈半開海報).

What I can conclude is that both should be okay since in the end the delivery charge will come down to the same. If you wish to purchase Addicted OST CD as well, you will get a discount from books.com.tw (NT$926 for both uncut DVD and OST CD).

As I said, there may be an issue on customs etc though so you may want to check. 

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Alby Roma said:

@xix19xix you are very right the biggest LGBT organization - without counting Hong Kong and Macau - is actually in China, Media are indeed a propaganda machine that however nobody really cares too much. China has the largest number of people travelling abroad and mainly to the west and with the years their education is on rise hence they have been starting thinking. A large number of Chinese despite the ban has been watching Addicted what is easy to understand by watching the reaction they have during the concert as the very last one. It is true in the western world we got thing after several years but we have been fighting for it. This is the big difference, i do not see China actually going on a more open society i see part of Chinese mocking the ruling party and going on their way anyway. The interactions of those 2 actors is a daily bypassing the rules. I found a weibo interaction of the actor that plays the role of the father of BLY in the series a good, strong and brave one. What it is hard for me to understand - perhaps because i am not Chinese - is our there, they have 1 billion 300 million people most of them drinking bitter water without spitting that's the most dramatic part. I do not believe in country changing if people is not willing to change. I love despite few mention here the author of the book of these series, she is really a great one indeed she dreams with consistent words and challenging the party, brave and visionary continuing her prolific work. I have seen Asians countries changing quite a lot with people risking their life i hope as it has been happening with Arab spring with all its problems also in Asia some countries will start standing up for their rights. Myanmar is an example that should push others, Thailand is on a sort of beginning and Singapore despite free compared to others is going to change the constitution in favor of minorities to be more representative. Japan and Taiwan are big example of democracy keeping their culture alive but also giving people freedom. My apology to be so long but there are situation believe me very hard to be accepted by watching people with no reaction at all. China continues to ban and will continue to do so until people will no halt them and they do ban because they know they can because nobody dares challenging them

 

Well, I suspect that most Chinese are happy with the way things are. After all, China is relatively safe for a big country. How many Western nations can claim that it is safe for women to walk alone in the streets in the middle of the night? You can in China. The economy is chugging along better than most European countries. The problem is they are still at the phase where they have bigger issues to tackle such as corruption, redistribution of wealth, food safety, inflation, ethnic tensions, South China Sea, etc. LGBT rights is honestly a matter of the minority. They won't pay too much attention to this for a while.

I don't think Arab Spring is a good example too. After all, China takes care of its people enough to lift many out of poverty. Most are contented. I have to say that many Chinese (including overseas Chinese) seriously disdain the democratic system of Taiwan. It is just too chaotic and all about trying to bring down your political opponents rather than doing actual work. Instead, Singapore is a closer comparison. I think China like our system. We are basically also one party rule with strong economic fundamentals and basic rights. By the way, Singapore isn't socially progressive too, due to the influence of religious conservatives. I think we will be one of the last in the world to recognise LGBT rights. In fact, it is still criminal by law (though not enforced) to engage in consensual same sex intercourse.

That is not to say that China is not changing. But she prefers a non-aggressive approach unlike the Umbrella movement in Hong Kong. Have you all seen clips of Fu Yuanhui during the Olympics? China is actually celebrating (with the world) a bronze medal winner who exudes authentic joy and personality. Several news reports have shared how this is a stark contrast to the reaction of Chinese in previous Olympics. So change will come but not in the Western way.

If we are hoping they will get married in the next few years though, it probably would have to be overseas. By the way, they are only 22 and 24... I think they should wait. Sorry if I offend anyone here. I am writing as if they are a couple because I seriously think they are. But they may not be.

 

 

On a lighter note, JY has gained a fair bit of weight lately. Some weibo fans joked that ZZ is "responsible" for the "growing tummy". :P 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, izziehudson said:

It's available through books.com.tw and FiveMusic but I am not entirely sure whether it's available for international fans. So far TWD618 on FiveMusic and TWD628 on the other site. Not inclusive of delivery charges. I'm trying to purchase it, will update you guys on which is the better choice. :D 

(I personally have no issue with both sites, I've purchased Addicted OST CD from FiveMusic and Addicted photobook from books.com.tw. It's a lot easier than Taobao, which may be complicated to some of us. The only issue is whether it can pass through customs ._.)

UPDATE

I tried both sites: 

FiveMusic: It will cost me NT$618 for the item, NT$240 for the delivery charges to Malaysia and NT$150 for extra charge for delivery with poster tube. Total = NT$1008.

books.com.tw: It will cost me NT$628 for the item itself and NT$230 for the delivery charges to Malaysia (same for Singapore, NT$300 for Viet Nam and Australia, NT$275 for US and NT$340 for UK, just to name a few). Total for me: NT$858.

Kindly note that there is no mention on the free poster for books.com.tw whereas it is stated on FiveMusic (under this part : ☆ 預購加贈半開海報).

What I can conclude is that both should be okay since in the end the delivery charge will come down to the same. If you wish to purchase Addicted OST CD as well, you will get a discount from books.com.tw (NT$926 for both uncut DVD and OST CD).

As I said, there may be an issue on customs etc though so you may want to check. 

 

Thank you @izziehudson!

I'll be placing my order as soon as it is possible!

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Sam Tsui and Casey's mv/wedding is so beautiful I almost cried. I saw it being mentioned somewhere and was planning to watch it but then I forgot but then Xix-san mentioned it again and I was like, ugly-crying because my YuZhou...

I remember saw it on Twitter about one of them posted about their back-then upcoming marriage and someone wrote that how he used to like their songs but not anymore because you-know-what.

And this Jolin Tsai's mv. I almost cried too and how it was so fitted with my previous couple.

I really hope YuZhou will become "This Promise" than "Different Yet Same".

 

Boss Whale, I better be hearing good news on Bb Kitten's b'day or else!

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JY - Lifestyle

Clip iLifeTV

Spoiler

 

JY - Lifestyle Magazine? September Issue

Talking about coincidence in this fandom, all 3 magazines (ZZ OK! Thailand Magazine, L'Officiel and this one for JY) which the boys wore the same top just come out at the same time :sweatingbullets: It's FATE people, FATE!!!

Spoiler

Cr wangxiaotu1989

CrO-7inVIAAfcP0.jpg

Spoiler

Cr wangxiaotu1989 

CrO-7ioUkAAjsHr.jpg

CrO-7mNUIAAMUSk.jpg

CrO-7kLVMAAQ3pS.jpg

Screencaps from clip

Spoiler

Cr hiyaya12345

CrPDhYrUAAAmZgl.jpg

CrPDhcYVYAEdTLF.jpg

CrPElvvUMAAwO_4.jpg

CrPElwEVUAEaIcZ.jpg

CrPE36tUsAALcNP.jpg

CrPE361VMAAuStc.jpg

CrPE36zUAAcBIUY.jpg

CrPI3xHUMAE639e.jpg

CrPI3xTUsAA0OIs.jpg

Fanart

Spoiler

Cr 小奶音biubiubiu

CrOrs6kWcAEvrPz.jpg

 

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, xix19xix said:

 

Well, I suspect that most Chinese are happy with the way things are. After all, China is relatively safe for a big country. How many Western nations can claim that it is safe for women to walk alone in the streets in the middle of the night? You can in China. The economy is chugging along better than most European countries. The problem is they are still at the phase where they have bigger issues to tackle such as corruption, redistribution of wealth, food safety, inflation, ethnic tensions, South China Sea, etc. LGBT rights is honestly a matter of the minority. They won't pay too much attention to this for a while.

I don't think Arab Spring is a good example too. After all, China takes care of its people enough to lift many out of poverty. Most are contented. I have to say that many Chinese (including overseas Chinese) seriously disdain the democratic system of Taiwan. It is just too chaotic and all about trying to bring down your political opponents rather than doing actual work. Instead, Singapore is a closer comparison. I think China like our system. We are basically also one party rule with strong economic fundamentals and basic rights. By the way, Singapore isn't socially progressive too, due to the influence of religious conservatives. I think we will be one of the last in the world to recognise LGBT rights. In fact, it is still criminal by law (though not enforced) to engage in consensual same sex intercourse.

That is not to say that China is not changing. But she prefers a non-aggressive approach unlike the Umbrella movement in Hong Kong. Have you all seen clips of Fu Yuanhui during the Olympics? China is actually celebrating (with the world) a bronze medal winner who exudes authentic joy and personality. Several news reports have shared how this is a stark contrast to the reaction of Chinese in previous Olympics. So change will come but not in the Western way.

If we are hoping they will get married in the next few years though, it probably would have to be overseas. By the way, they are only 22 and 24... I think they should wait. Sorry if I offend anyone here. I am writing as if they are a couple because I seriously think they are. But they may not be.

On a lighter note, JY has gained a fair bit of weight lately. Some weibo fans joked that ZZ is "responsible" for the "growing tummy". :P 

@xix19xix Always a great pleasure interacting with you next time i will be in Singapore (where i believe you are ) we can have a chat perhaps in one of the toast box shop that i like a lot or elsewhere. All you said is correct but despite illegal in Singapore plenty of sauna, msg, and cruising opportunity here and there but i really hope next time i come we can meet Usually i am each quarter in Singapore it might be an opportunity above all for me to understand more about Asia and about Addicted as you know on both much more than me at least hundredfold more Thanks a lot i do mean it 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, kyrie777 said:

 

Thank you @izziehudson!

I'll be placing my order as soon as it is possible!

No worries, kindly let me know should any of you need any help with ordering it. For books.com.tw, the step-by-step instructions should be similar to the one I posted before so kindly refer to the old post. 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, izziehudson said:

It's available through books.com.tw and FiveMusic but I am not entirely sure whether it's available for international fans. So far TWD618 on FiveMusic and TWD628 on the other site. Not inclusive of delivery charges. I'm trying to purchase it, will update you guys on which is the better choice. :D 

(I personally have no issue with both sites, I've purchased Addicted OST CD from FiveMusic and Addicted photobook from books.com.tw. It's a lot easier than Taobao, which may be complicated to some of us. The only issue is whether it can pass through customs ._.)

@izziehudson did this guide to purchase from the books.com.tw before (back on page 992 lol, good thing I bookmarked it :sweatingbullets:). Share it again for those who are illiterate in Chinese like me :D I just placed in the order and got a confirmation email. Hopefully I won't have any issue with customs. I purchased the photobook from this site as well and they were pretty good. Note: IIRC, we are pre-ordering the DVD and they will start shipping from Sep 23 or later than that.

Again, thank you Izzie. Lots and lots of cookies for you :cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie:

Edit: Oops, didn't see you shared it already Izzie :D

ZZ - Cotton Girl

Spoiler

Cr 脆香米爱吃巧乐zi

CrPLx3SUsAAxnyL.jpg 

Fanart

Spoiler

Cr PAANG

CrPFjHlVUAIQ-zt.jpg

 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JY Studio weibo update. According to Google Translate, this is for "Pangolin Protection" program and JY will attend a charity event for this on 15 October in ShenZhen?. This looks like its from the photoshoot JY updated IG before. 

#和黃景瑜一起保護穿山甲# @Johnny黃景瑜 出任中華環境保護基金會「保護穿山甲」項目推廣大使,將在項目傳播和相關活動中,號召更多人加入到保護穿山甲的公益行動中,以實際行動不負使命,為「保護穿山甲」貢獻自己的一份力量,同時也希望可以呼籲大家一起行動,一起愛!保護穿山甲,從拒絕食用開始!

 

CrPQ6tqUkAALgaR.jpg

Spoiler

CrPSHuyUsAAL4O0.jpg

And everyone has been sharing above photo with this photo. Just because :D

Spoiler

Cr 亚洲动物基金AAF

CrPQ6tvVUAAyJl4.jpg

JY - iLifeTV screencap :wub:

Spoiler

Cr addictedidiot

CrPUA_hVUAAf0ZP.jpg

 

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, izziehudson said:

It's available through books.com.tw and FiveMusic but I am not entirely sure whether it's available for international fans. So far TWD618 on FiveMusic and TWD628 on the other site. Not inclusive of delivery charges. I'm trying to purchase it, will update you guys on which is the better choice. :D 

(I personally have no issue with both sites, I've purchased Addicted OST CD from FiveMusic and Addicted photobook from books.com.tw. It's a lot easier than Taobao, which may be complicated to some of us. The only issue is whether it can pass through customs ._.)

 

1

 

1 hour ago, bearology said:

@izziehudson did this guide to purchase from the books.com.tw before (back on page 992 lol, good thing I bookmarked it :sweatingbullets:). Share it again for those who are illiterate in Chinese like me :D I just placed in the order and got a confirmation email. Hopefully I won't have any issue with customs. I purchased the photobook from this site as well and they were pretty good. Note: IIRC, we are pre-ordering the DVD and they will start shipping from Sep 23 or later than that.

Again, thank you Izzie. Lots and lots of cookies for you :cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie:

 

Thank you @izziehudson for updating with details and information and @bearology for providing the link back to the page to the guide to purchase. Just wanted to mention that previously I still had issues placing an order at book.com.tw despite using the guide. I was unable to place the order for ZZ Light Album or the Addicted OST. Eventually, I ended up purchasing them from yesasia. But I really do appreciate that you answered my question. Hopefully, I'll have better luck this time. *crossing fingers*

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...