3 hours ago, filmlore46 said:

@KKmegan That is tragic if that's the case so why even allow the filming of movies, dramas or web series with what is to be considered questionable content if the regulators are only waiting to censor or ban? It defeats the purpose and is a huge disservice to all the actors/actresses and crew who put in the time and effort.

I think there was speculation that it is because they didnt expect addicted will be so popular hence they banned the drama and the theme songs. The only thing i dont understand is why both of them cant be seen together. 

• Like 4

Johnny – Shenzhen ee809d.png Shanghai [Shanghai arrival] (080116)

Spoiler

Source:   NicoleTsui_NNN

673ece1djw1f6eep1ouhgj21w019cb2b.jpg

673ece1djw1f6eep6jnrvj21w019ckjn.jpg

673ece1djw1f6eepbjnvfj21w019cx6r.jpg

673ece1djw1f6eepgimvsj21w019cb2c.jpg

673ece1djw1f6eeplj7z9j21w019c4qs.jpg

673ece1djw1f6eepqf0bzj21w019chdv.jpg

First Light Asian Tour in Bangkok (073016)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Source:   Cat_Whale资讯微站

e9fa0524gw1f6dyhrqk77j224o3lc7wj.jpg

e9fa0524gw1f6ebs0blztj21et2ifb2b.jpg

e9fa0524gw1f6edbhgdfaj214z20ub2a.jpg

Spoiler

Source:   YourBabies宝宝们

006xxor0gw1f6eaw3x1zyj30qo17hwnz.jpg

006xxor0gw1f6dq8rdolaj30ku0v9aeo.jpg

006xxor0gw1f6crmbh6qqj338l2baqv9.jpg

撕人定制

Spoiler

Source:   just一枚颜狗

96c82293jw1f6ebinncorg20c80a8b2a.gif

96c82293jw1f6ebir5cimg20c8089u0z.gif

Throwback Timmy – Cat charity event (061616)

Spoiler

Source:   吴大迪子讨厌北京的大风

6cd47098gw1f6ecizy3f5j24842tfqvd.jpg

6cd47098gw1f6ecj5bpu0j21400qngst.jpg

6cd47098gw1f6eclcaqhdj24852tfkjt.jpg

6cd47098gw1f6echqat7ij24842tfx6x.jpg

Fan arts

Spoiler
Spoiler

Source:   许魏洲PROME

a4058186gw1f6ec5arezcj21ck1wwgy5.jpg

Spoiler

Source:   Johnny_努娜

005ObfXrgw1f6ecvhide6j30k60i2408.jpg

@bearology gza_thumb.gifz2_thumb.gif

• Like 18

48 minutes ago, prima13facie said:

@xix19xix Sure, I'll try do my best.

@bearology It's this show 撕人订制 (Does this show has even an English title?). He was invited to be a guest for making a lot of fan services. I almost forgot it already like it didn't happen. I believe he was just used doing this and fans were expecting his next guesting to be better but still its for the welfare of JY, so good for him. 

Pages ago, I think that his guesting on this show also has this incident for JY not signing an autograph from a fan with a "Gu Hai" photo of him but joked around to bring a more good looking photo of him. Yes, its considerable and we can tell its JY's precautionary measure not acknowledging any addicted related detail especially when there are media eyes, hooligans and vultures circling him. I believed that fan was just Ok and still follows JY.

For ZZ's situation. We all know that 2 bans took effect, the 1st ban publicly announced by SARFT for Addicted were clearly applied only for TV channels, then the 2nd ban came in shortly out of nowhere (which I believe was a product of fear) possibly made or aggravated by competitors or maybe selfish only fans that had a destructive concern causing a domino effect to apply the ban to the whole media in China (which is a total BS), this made JY-ZZ further not to be seen together in public. Even though these 2 injustices occurred, it did not affect ZZ and his Artist rights to publish an album. China, like other countries support innovation for arts, music and culture. Media, Arts and Artist rights are of different sector. Although, media plays a big role in promotion which is always leashed by China for a long time till now. ZZ's team could possibly had a workaround that's why the album was successfully launched which is still a good thing and a miracle. But they had to cut off two of his songs to be performed on his concerts or be played at the radio just to comply with the ban and "not to further hype" Addicted

Don't want to Credit the vultures. Disclaimer: Spoiler shows the excerpt of the ban from SAPPRFT directives. You can choose not to see it.

Hide contents

Today (April 2, 2016) at a regular meeting of the State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television, the following propaganda directives were released. Please take note:

1. The web drama “Addicted,” dealing with homosexual subject matter, has been forbidden from broadcast. All channels are to cease inviting lead actors onto their shows or to hype them, such as Huang Jingyu, Xu Weizhou, Lin Fengsong, and Chen Wen.

Just to shed a light, since mentioning this ban is really disheartening. 

Hide contents

As of now, we all now JY and ZZ is working hard to get back to the lime light, and even though the ban is still active for months now, there are still good people helping and trusting them. Aside from their families, they have us fans supporting, shedding light and love to both of them. They are now China's hottest & brightest rising stars and its a fact. To bring in more positivity, we may look at these key events after the ban:

• ZZ's Light Concert for 3 places in China (Beijing, Shenzen and Shanghai).
  • ZZ got mentioned and had a good column in China's official newspaper being a rising star and successful concert in Beijing.
  • ZZ's momentous appearance on CCTV, a government TV network for his interview at Big Fish Begonia.
  • JY's successful guesting for web variety shows.
  • JY's participation in Demon Girl which everyone is dying to see.
  • JY's got recognized and invited to make a new action movie to be seen on 2017.
  • JY's 1st concert and 17 minute exposure for participating in YaYa planet concert with well known performers.
  • JY's continues to be recognized and gets lined up with famous and long running actors/actresses. 

Although few, these noticeable events tell us that the entertainment industry and the government recognizes them, it sheds a light and hold big hopes that one day the ban can be lightened and lifted totally (Pretty please! Universe please work your way through!). All these things clearly describes their productivity and I believe that they will be continue to be recognized, do concerts and projects while doing their way back to the main game. I believe in their workaround and strategy, they're Chinese after all. What they're doing now might not be direct solution but it's a way to play around and wait for the right time to strike directly for their goals. Worrying about risk? Life already involves risk and they were already risk takers from the moment they became actors for Addicted up until now JY and ZZ are hottest stars, but now they are doing it in a strategically and careful way. 

Let's hope, pray and claim the positive attraction!

Can we still endure to wait?... Until that day then? 

Reveal hidden contents

Definitely, It's a BIG YES!

hEuusbiatEhh8Nt.gif

:D *Waving Yuzhou flag*

i have however some problems in understanding the ban. I mean i have read the ban and apparently is based on the drama not because gay but because involves people of a certain age not (by China law) allow to have homo relationships. So i barely understand the ban on people. 

Having said that maybe because i am a journalist, maybe because i live in Europe i can barely understand how come a producer stop the second series that could have another name and might involve people with an age able or accepted to have a gay relationship. What puzzled me how come a so large audience is unable to reach the director that also a producer and get an official answer rather than 'guessing'. Who could lose such a great financial opportunity? this does not convince me at all. The rest about their potential private story is something honestly of their own if they have or not (i d say good for them) but does or cannot affect the rest. 

So you look very expert and i d like to understand is there any approachable official source. I simply cannot believe they have given up at least seems to strange to be true, perhaps being western i cannot understand too much about this chinese rule. Last but not the least, so many millions of people why no one has ever set up a signature list to send to China State Television the department that has banned it might be absolutely useless but ................ a media reaction can be always produced and results could be unpredictable. 

What do you think? again sorry but you look to me like somebody that knows things that's why i am bothering you 

• Like 3

@filmlore46, @prima13facie provided most of the context, I just wanna to add one more thing. The SAFRT originally wanted to promote the web medium, hence they did not control it as strictly as TV. They actually want them to exercise self censorship, which obviously failed in their eyes.

Hence many of the BL shows were actually produced or planned before the ban of Addicted. Including a lesbian show. Many decided to go ahead anyway. After the ban, I believe they tightened the control so that the filming can only start after they approved the script? Correct me if I am wrong on the last point.

We should also note that even before the outright ban of the Addicted series, many web series such as Tomb Raider and Go Princess Go had to be taken down and censored before they are allowed to be shown again. In some ways, Addicted web series was the last straw.

I supposed the authorities were under pressure from their superior for not controlling this media. The rules will stick around for a while.

@ryokise, what did the Twitter say?

• Like 10

Whatever the reasons are which led to the current situation - for me a mixture of personal, commercial and regulation-induced facts, there is one thing tho, I'd wish for.

What both mean to each other only they know for themselves, but after going through all this, I'd like them to have formed some tolerance, understanding and appreciation for those who want to live their BL story in real life, and to show it.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, bearology said:

My Soompi family, let me present you the second post of YuZhou - Wardrobe of love (stealing this name from skeletonworks :D). If you have missed the first post, link here. Again, first thing first, all images credit to the rightful owners. I combine some photos together to avoid adding too many photos.

I’ve been swimming through the thread to pick up some of these pieces and this thread is such a roller-coaster. I think after 7 years and 9 months, we can publish an Addicted Soompi Book. Everyone here are amazing. Ok, let’s start so I can go back to my dark corner and cry later lxhtongku_org.gif 

Tada! For anyone who are still reading, thank you for bearing with my crazy posts. I hope you guys enjoy reading this during this quiet time before we go crazy again for ZZ final Asia Concert in ShangHai and JY exciting new movie news :D

Thank you so much @bearology for putting all those candy into one handy place! I can bookmark this page and come back to it anytime!

I love it that the boys are slowly but surely start to morph into each other. We know that they don't spend enough time together but hopefully those short times are more in quality than quantity!:P

• Like 14

ZZ gif

Spoiler

Cr jun9dok

7G8D4MFP.gif

O3pjnDSZ.gif

Pj79GkDf.gif

DobpVKfg.gif

ZZ - Thailand

Spoiler

Cr LUMINESCENTZHOU

8ntjbWg.jpg

sEEk0fV.jpg

jrYC4PH.jpg

ZZ - Light Thailand

Spoiler

Cr 許魏洲Stylebook

Cox5gWBVMAA__cp.jpg

Coxu1naUAAAW2Lb.jpg

Coxu1nYUMAEBWxJ.jpg

@danmei Welcome! Estreline, Sienna and Grantye are still translating it. Follow their wattpad so you won't miss the next chapter :) For the mean time, if you want to know more about the boys, have a look at the first page of this thread. There are a lot of translated interviews, news and lots of other goodies for you :D

Edited by bearology
  • Like 14

hi guys, i am new with this couple. bcause of them i make soompi account, so much question i wanna ask you guys :)) already finished the webseriess. and i already read the novel trans in watpad. but i just read until the part 84. and somebody translate it from chapter 112. do you guys know where i can get the rest ( 85 above) of the novel. thanks you before :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pygmalion30 said:

Hi everyone. I found this "BigFish & Begonia" banner (put under 'Spoiler' below) on weibo site. Can you please translate what it says?

Here is the link to the weibo account it is related: http://www.weibo.com/p/100808ec81e117afb1967eede536959a22ca36

Hide contents

600x150_img579b143e235dc.png

Thank you for your help! :) 

Hi, i believe it is just one of those accounts where they vote for the favourite movies. But since you asked about Big Fish and Begonia, here is an update. It is now the second highest grossing ever local animated movie in China, and the third highest grossing movie in July at ¥559 million or just under US$100m. In this weibo site, it is also the third hottest and third most discussed for July. I guess it is a win for ZZ :) 

By the way, the Chinese box office receipts in July declined for the first time in 5 years. The latest local films such as the Gods of Legend are universally panned... Honestly, China has a long way to go to develop its entertainment industry and their government strict emphasis on the social responsibility of the media would probably cause it to stagnate for a while longer.

The most ironic part of course is that they killed a gem in Addicted and allow duds to show...

As far as I can see no other shows (web or otherwise) had been able to generate the same level of buzz in China and internationally since the ban...

@danmei and @Alby Roma, welcome. It is amazing that we still get new forummers after more than 100 days since the Thai fan meet!

• Like 20

7 hours ago, bearology said:

Tada! For anyone who are still reading, thank you for bearing with my crazy posts. I hope you guys enjoy reading this during this quiet time before we go crazy again for ZZ final Asia Concert in ShangHai and JY exciting new movie news :D

Thank you so much @bearology  the single closet...stylist Huang posts have become some of my favorites. It's great the time you take to compile all of these goodies in one place. Believe me your work is much appreciated, as are your comments. So I say keep them coming. I'll be sure to read to the end.

• Like 12

22 hours ago, aeislaeigh said:

Random

Hide contents

Source:   E1907

On 7/31/2016 at 7:18 AM, aeislaeigh said:

Random Timmy lxhzhuanfa_thumb.giflxhzhuanfa_thumb.giflxhzhuanfa_thumb.gif

Hide contents

Source:   MONGRONG_UV

dead.jpg

I can't even...should remember your random posts always need to come with warnings. *drooling* thank you and keep them coming @aeislaeigh

• Like 3

I know that many of you attended ZZ's concert in Thailand, so some of you must've taken some good photos.  I have also noticed that someone did tried to add photos to JY and ZZ's wikipages before but it was deleted by the wikibot due to not using the correct copyright tag onto those photos.  So below is a short tutorial on how to upload a photo with the correct copyright tag on wikipedia (you must have a wikipage account to do this step)

Spoiler

htup001.png
htup002.png
htup003.png
htup004.png

After clicking on one of the two upload options above, it will bring you to the image page and give you the file name (which will be the same one you use for the description name above).  Below is the example of how to add the image on the wikipage:

howtoexitwiki.png

If you have any questions regarding the above tutorial, let me know.  

So glad to see some new members and the fact that our thread is still alive and kicking!

• Like 23

Timmy

Spoiler

First Light Asian Tour in Bangkok (073016)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Source:   YencounterZ_遇见

006q2IpMgw1f6eekhiwlvj31qx2meu10.jpg

006q2IpMgw1f6eeknicmnj31q32sdb2f.jpg

006q2IpMgw1f6eev705snj31lq2lbnpg.jpg

006q2IpMgw1f6eev0uc7tj31s62o8kjo.jpg

006q2IpMgw1f6eel1kpr8j30ku0v9q6b.jpg

006q2IpMgw1f6eela6owhj30ku0v9gpz.jpg

006q2IpMgw1f6eel8zp1bj30v90kudi1.jpg

006q2IpMgw1f6eel07ztqj320i30r7wn.jpg

006q2IpMgw1f6eeuuz8efj325h3881l3.jpg