7 hours ago, filmlore46 said:

@KKmegan

No, No, No...never. The type of acting that Johnny does can not be taught. It's intuitive and instinctive. Trying to train him in acting would destroy the raw beauty of his acting. Isn't they why we were so drawn to his performance as Gu Hai? If he had been a trained actor I doubt he would have been able to deliver such a guileless performance. Now as for singing, yes, he needs to train his wonderful voice. JY could be a really good singer if he is trained properly and learned all of the necessary techniques. As to opportunities still comes his way, (*feeling a bit bitter*:angry:) I have my thoughts on this and most of them are not pleasant. It's just so maddening to not be able to do anything but sit and watch such talent not being utilized.

We will just have to agree to disagree sometimes. :) Even award winning actors has to refine their techniques from time to time, and learn how to be better.  He is a raw diamond, but by no means a great actor yet. Chinese culture prize humility and 上进心 (motivation to improve oneself). He has to bid his time, after all he is still a relative unknown in China and not an A-list yet. I'm realistic and pramagtic abut such things. His career will scale I'm sure with time and conscientious effort.  I am hopeful.  :) 

• Like 4

DWSS recording (060116)

Spoiler

Source:   肉包儿zzZ

71c3a0afjw1f5otftjd0uj21tc2q0npf.jpg

71c3a0afjw1f5otfme5ndj21pl2ke7wj.jpg

71c3a0afjw1f5otfflwq1j21t02pj7wl.jpg

71c3a0afjw1f5otez9kqkj22eo3w04qw.jpg

71c3a0afjw1f5otgtkh10j223t35se84.jpg

71c3a0afjw1f5otg2lxh4j220b30hu10.jpg

Johnny – Beijing ee809d.png Shanghai (070616)

Spoiler

Source:   锦衣卫全球后援团

006pfSvzgw1f5o6nxx216j32yo4g0e86.jpg

006pfSvzgw1f5o6ofjo9dj32yo4g0e87.jpg

006pfSvzgw1f5o6om1uy0j31bc2nc4qq.jpg

006pfSvzgw1f5o6nj7e6dj32yo4g0kjs.jpg

006pfSvzgw1f5o6p6qdqrj32yo4g0qvd.jpg

006pfSvzgw1f5o6ppu5s1j32o04g04qw.jpg

006pfSvzgw1f5o6qcu9x9j32yo4g0u14.jpg

006pfSvzgw1f5o6qw3kvkj32yo4g0npk.jpg

006pfSvzgw1f5op61ur3sj32yo4g0u13.jpg

Fan arts

Spoiler
Spoiler

Source:   Timmy_and_Johnny

006lGMY5gw1f5osc0ouilj315r1g3e4x.jpg

006lGMY5gw1f5osc4u57bj315r1g3hah.jpg

006lGMY5gw1f5oscbyjoyj315r1g3nmx.jpg

Spoiler

Source:   温尼Vinnie_

7de9c2d0gw1f5otqienqmj21bm19t1kz.jpg

• Like 15

The lyrics which 5mileslove in the latest post is from a song by Fay Wong, a very famous Chinese  singer. The media and fans always refer her as as “天后 /Heavenly Queen". The title of the song is  "矜持" and means "Restraint" or "Reserve". I looked up the song on youtube and I forgot how nice it was. I was far too young to appreciate the lyrics as a child then but I am savouring it again now as an adult. The lyrics are so appropriate for our boys. (JY  has a more reserved personlity and someone who thinks a lot. But in my mind, its ZZ singing this song. I believe its ZZ who 动心/fell for JY first and was despondent at one point when he did not see JY echo the same back. Things only really moved along for them post SY. Just my personal opinion for now. Speaking of cold exterior, I think something has changed in both of our boys. It's not tangible, but you guys can tell right? Its especially obvious when you look into ZZ's eyes. JY's a bit more restraint.)

I love Fay's version but I prefer Jam Hsiao version just a tiny tiny bit more: 

Spoiler

Lyrics and Translation: 

我從來不曾抗拒你的魅力 / I have never been able to resist your charms
雖然你從來不曾對我著迷/ Even though you’ve never been captivated by me

我總是微笑 的看著你/I  have always looked at you with a smile
我的情意總是輕易就洋溢眼底/My affection always brimming easily in (my) eyes 
我曾經想過在寂寞的夜裡 / I once imagined on a lonely night 
你終於在意在我的房間裡/ That you had finally come into my room

你閉上眼睛親吻了我/ Closing your eyes, you kissed me
不說一句緊緊抱我在你的懷裡/ Without a word, you tightly embraced me
我是愛你的 我愛你到底/ It's you that I love, I love you to the end

生平第一次我放下矜持 /This is the first time that I’ve set aside my restraint (cold exterior) in my entire life
任憑自己幻想一切關於我和你/ To indulge myself in these delusions about you and me
你是愛我的 你愛我到底/It's me that you love, at last you love me
生平第一次我放下矜持 /In my entire life, this is the first time that I’ve set aside my restraint (cold exterior)
相信自己真的可以深深去愛你/ Believing that I can truly love you without restraint
深深去愛你/ To Love you deeply

• Like 18

Reposting from @bearology, because this is such a beautiful photo. These two have such amazing eye contact, it always looks like they're drowning in each other's eyes. This is from when they very recently met, but in my mind, you can see all the curiosity about the other shining through. 

Spoiler

miT4Rs1.jpg

Speaking of eye contact, here's another throwback (since I saw it reposted on IG), this from the Billboard Awards. Because here you can so clearly see JY sneaking a look over to ZZ, just as he's also looking that way. That smile they share is so amazing, they look very mischievious. It's so obvious these two share a connection that is pretty special. 

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Also, the Taiwanese bookstore FB has kept posting bts videos (but all oldies currently). They just posted the one where ZZ curses in English. What's good is that they've added subtitles to all the videos. It doesn't help me much when it comes to Chinese, but they also added for the curse words. And seems they too hear ZZ saying 'baby' to JY. So cute.

• Like 21

37 minutes ago, bearology said:

When a certain whale gets lost in his own world, his kitten always there to bring him back 

I miss their moment together T_T

Spoiler

Jingyu is so introvert and I'm so appreciate zz for being there with him and ask yu to join conversation in French Award.

Look what jingyu do after they can't attend an event together, He play with his phone a lot.

Don't know when we can see them together without banned looming their back.

Spoiler

Kind of sick to see another photoshopped photos of them althought those are beautiful too :sweatingbullets:

• Like 16

44 minutes ago, Oline Oline said:

I miss their moment together T_T

I know how you feel :tears: Yesterday after swimming through my folders and the thread to find their CP outfits, my heart....I am sure this has been posted many many times but just the idea of JY singing this song for ZZ when he received his first award and ZZ reaction there....

Spoiler

Looks like the 2 guys sitting next to ZZ were checking on ZZ's reaction too :lol:

• Like 21

On 7/8/2016 at 10:26 AM, nippy2002 said:

I was just re-watching the rooftop scene again and I love JY's expressions throughout the entire scene. From where GH carried BLY slowly up the stairs and to where he promised to love him the most, one could feel how GH felt for BLY - the sadness, the loneliness, the love, the affection. And yet JY was never overboard nor pretentious. He conveyed everything that GH felt at that moment. 

Of course, WZ is excellent as usual. But for a non-actor to be able to assume the role of GH with such natural ease...I fall for GH/ JY all over again. 

@nippy2002 I couldn't agree with you more. That was always my favorite scene in the movie. I just love how his Gu Hai followed the lead of BLY. When (ZZ as BLY) cried you could see (HJY's GH) respond. Both were raw and emotional and they played that scene to perfection.

On 7/8/2016 at 10:43 AM, xix19xix said:

Which is why I really hope he is acting again... Can't be in variety show forever...

By the way, ZZ's movie is third today and is estimated to have made ¥74.6m or US$11.15m on the first day. 

@xix19xix That is the very reason HJY needs to be cast in a real role pronto. I don't want to see his career fade without ever really beginning. Of course I don't want to see him forever in variety shows. I noticed that and I am glad for any success that our boys create for themselves.

On 7/8/2016 at 10:57 AM, Scandani said:

I wanted to make more analysis, making more screenshot and analyse bit by bit like I used to, but for now I will just leave short note.

Reveal hidden contents

Since am reading the novel translation and re-watching the drama, I noticed that during the intimate scene, either the hep B scene or when GH asking for reassurance of BLY's feeling, the drama seems to show more resistance from bly's side than in the novel. Perhaps because in the novel you can read bly's thought sometime, so you know that his feelings changes gradually towards GH's aggressive physical advances. I remember how we got pretty upset (we did, right?) when the ubcut bts of ep. 13 came out and bly still closed his mouth when GH kissed him. While in the novel I think he acted not just on the receiving end also reciprocate during their intimate moments. 

Today I re-watched the kidnap scene, I have to say bravo to jy, he conveyed erratic behavior so well. I started to feel something is wrong with me that I still sided with him knowing if in real life I know someone like that, I probably advise anyone not to get near. Obsessive love is dangerous, but then I got reminded that he and bly was actually okay during their 8 years separation. Meaning they can actually living as an independent being. That consoled me a bit.

But, re-watching it makes me appreciate more of their acting. It is really well done. The only one actor that I find irritating so far is Yang Meng. He is not on par with the rest, which is strange as he is also taking drama as his major iirc at the same uni as bly. But, i forgive him (hahaha who am I, really?!) because he was the one who connected the rest of the casts. So, thank you Cheng Wen. Maybe one of these days am gonna drop some more analysis of the drama if you guys are not bored. I, really enjoy going back to the drama even though there are so many new things happens in their life. 

@xix19xix I wish the chance will come soon. I really wish he get a good role, I don't want him to tie anyone's hair nor shoe again. Enough, please. Give him a real acting offer.

@nippy2002 will reply you here, yes! I love RM for years. They have tasks that they need to fulfil which is very physical, maybe more like Running For Time in China? It is a variety show with competition in mind, and have fix concept,

Reveal hidden contents

whilst the show that JY has been doing so far is the one that just present him as a pretty face that can please the fans and get some viewers. I see it as he is just being treated as meat. A boy toy, he is in difficult situation since I know he is his own boss and I am sure he knows he needs to stay in spotlight to stay matter in the industry, but... Accepting all of these variety shows, it also means that he doesn't have any better offer on the table so far, right? He wouldn't be doing one variety after another if he has other offer that can actually means real job for him. Now that I think of it, it is hard for us to see him in those type of shows, how do you think he feels? If he is that focus and that ambitious, then I think he would just do it as a job, while trying to get better opportunity. Must be very tough position for him now :( 

Edit: but reading kkmegan's translation of his interview, he might just enjoying his time when he is still under spotlight and not thinking so much of fame. Just doing his jobs, enjoying the time of his life, and nothing to lose. Why do i feel so sad that if he is no longer in the industry, how do I that lives ocean's away from him, can see him again then? But, I guess... If you are happy, baby whale, am happy too #cryinginthecorner

Since am reading the novel translation and re-watching the drama, I noticed that during the intimate scene, either the hep B scene or when GH asking for reassurance of BLY's feeling, the drama seems to show more resistance from bly's side than in the novel. Perhaps because in the novel you can read bly's thought sometime, so you know that his feelings changes gradually towards GH's aggressive physical advances. I remember how we got pretty upset (we did, right?) when the uncut bts of ep. 13 came out and bly still closed his mouth when GH kissed him. While in the novel I think he acted not just on the receiving end also reciprocate during their intimate moments. 

re-watched Today I d the kidnap scene, I have to say bravo to jy, he conveyed erratic behavior so well. I started to feel something is wrong with me that I still sided with him knowing if in real life I know someone like that, I probably advise anyone not to get near. Obsessive love is dangerous, but then I got reminded that he and bly was actually okay during their 8 years separation. Meaning they can actually living as an independent being. That consoled me a bit.

But, re-watching it makes me appreciate more of their acting. It is really well done. The only one actor that I find irritating so far is Yang Meng. He is not on par with the rest, which is strange as he is also taking drama as his major iirc at the same uni as bly. But, i forgive him (hahaha who am I, really?!) because he was the one who connected the rest of the casts. So, thank you Cheng Wen. Maybe one of these days am gonna drop some more analysis of the drama if you guys are not bored. I, really enjoy going back to the drama even though there are so many new things happens in their life. 

@Scandani The parts I highlighted were the parts of your post that caught my attention. I agree with you about the intimate scenes. I always felt that BLY resisted too much and remained so stubborn that he never once seemed to respond to GH. The two scenes  (Johnny drunk and car kiss) where he completely does are short and are still a bit chaste. That's why I love reading more than television or movies because in books you are exposed to the who thought process. I am pleased you brought those moments up because in truth BLY was not resistant to GH to the end he gradually accepted his feelings and like you stated did respond. I kind of wish those moments had played out a bit more in the series.

So do I. I appreciate them more each time I do a rewatch. And I also agree that Chen Wen was not on par with the other actors as well but we do indeed have reason to thank him. He was instrumental in the casting.

On 7/8/2016 at 11:17 AM, nippy2002 said:

@Scandani Even when we have discussed on this thread how JY is probably grabbing every opportunity he can get his hands on these days...for a step closer to his dreams and for meeting his fans....I for one cannot comprehend the variety shows where they get the guests to tie hair, rub noses etc...I mean, playing games ala  Running Man style is alright but..what JY was asked to do is bordering on absurdity. Maybe I a

@nippy2002 You are not alone in this. I don't think I will ever get used to it. I think a few of us have had this discussion before. I know that @Scandani along with myself feel that the type of variety shows have been a bit demeaning and we pray that soon JY will get a real role and not have to take on such jobs.

On 7/8/2016 at 0:00 PM, tea4two said:

@Scandani, @nippy2002, @KKmegan Continuation of the discussion on JY's acting:

I've also gone back and re-watched Addicted several times.  Combined with the newest episode of DWSS, in which Ethan, Lulu, and JY were helping out the group of acting students (I saw Gu Hai when he was acting), I think JY's acting is very instinctive and unique.  He has his own distinctive flavor that is generally very different from the standard.  I think that many people who went to acting school might be tainted by a certain standard, so their acting becomes bland, like the rest of the majority.  I think JY is lucky in this case since he hasn't been tainted by these standards, and so when he act from instinct it gives us this distinctive raw edge.  

I've described him in my previous posts that in terms of acting talent, he is a diamond in the rough, and I stand by it.  I think that when given the chance, he will have a break-out performance.  After watching the latest BTS (the rooftop scene and the interview afterwards), it seems like the crew was especially pleased with JY's performance.  Now back to the NetEase interview, when CW, FS, and ZZ praised JY's acting and mention that the director especially praised JY, this must be a common consensus among the whole crew.  

I think much of what contributes to JY's high savvy acting is the ability to bring emotions and display it.  The scene in episode 4, when he was getting ready to beat up the guy for insulting BLY's mother, you can see the anger on his face.  The rooftop scene was especially moving and the acting was especially good.  Most importantly, JY has very soulful eyes.  He can talk with his eyes, this is a common trait that all good actors should have (but quite often many actors do not possess this ability).  Overall, his acting is very spiritual and if given the right role, it can touch people very deeply.

@tea4two I commented on JY and his acting in an earlier post. Our comments almost exactly match. I to think he has how own distinctive flavor and it is very different from the standard which is what makes the audience want to take a second and a third look at him. He is raw, instinctive and unique. His acting is very intuitive and makes him more realistic and believable. I agree with you on acting school. I find it to be mostly true that people who go to acting school are tainted by a certain standard. Because of that you get bland cookie cutter acting that is a duplicate of everyone else. Perhaps that is why JY raw untutored acting untainted by any standards worked so well with ZZ and they were able to match well and bring out the best in each other. So what you have stated highlighted in bold is why I too stand behind all of my comments on HJY and his acting.

• Like 17

Source:   5MilesLove_瑜洲双人图博

Spoiler

有多久没见你
以为你在哪里
原来就住在我心底
陪伴着我的呼吸

006vBjclgw1f5oxkx248mj33w22leqv8.jpg

DWSS update

Spoiler

Source:   约吧大明星

006klUgqjw1f5ovlksf2bj30nt0dmwi2.jpg

Fan arts

Spoiler
Spoiler

Source:   花田紫薯zz

6e33d4a5gw1f5outtel4uj20j00pcq4n.jpg

Spoiler

Source:   YUZU-jiang 

005SY6ncgw1f5owuqz8wcj30rs0ksta7.jpg

• Like 21

From post above:

有多久没见你
以为你在哪里
原来就住在我心底
陪伴着我的呼吸

Title of the Song: 心动 (It literally means your heart is moved) 

This is a famous song sang by Shino Lin Xiao Pei and was the theme song to the popular movie with the same title directed by Sylvia Chang back in 1999. 

Recently a Singaporean singer Kit Chan performed the song on "I am a Singer" (Hunan TV)  and sang it exceptionally well and the song returned to everyone's radar. The lyrics are very moving.

Spoiler

Lyrics and Translation: 

有多久没见你 / How long have I not seen you?
以为你在那里/ I thought you were somewhere else
原来就住在我的心底 / (realised) In fact you're living deep inside my heart
陪伴着我的呼吸 /Accompanying me as I take every breath 

有多远的距 /How far is the distance (between us)? 
以为闻不到你的气息 /I thought I can't sense your presence 
谁知道你背影这么长 / Who knew your shadow is so long (i.e. your presence still lingers long after you are gone)
回头就看到你 /I see you everytime I turn around

过去让它过去 /Let the past go
来不及从头喜欢你 /It's too late to love you again from the start

白云缠绕着蓝天/ As the clouds are covering the blue sky
如果不能够永远都在一起 / If we can't be together forever
也至少给我们 /Give us at least
怀念的勇气 /the courage to miss each other
拥抱的权利/ The right to hug 
好让你明白/ So that you know (sense)
我心动的痕 / the traces of my heart moving

总是想再见你 / Always wish to see you again
还试着打探你的消息 /I even attempt to gather news about you 
原来你就住在我的身体 / (but) In fact you're just living in my body
守护我的回忆 / Guarding my memories

Oh dear why did I go scrutinise the lyrics .. this is too sad. SOB!!

• Like 22

4 hours ago, KKmegan said:

We will just have to agree to disagree sometimes. :) Even award winning actors has to refine their techniques from time to time, and learn how to be better.  He is a raw diamond, but by no means a great actor yet. Chinese culture prize humility and 上进心 (motivation to improve oneself). He has to bid his time, after all he is still a relative unknown in China and not an A-list yet. I'm realistic and pramagtic abut such things. His career will scale I'm sure with time and conscientious effort.  I am hopeful.  :) 

I think you are misunderstanding my post. Maybe I did not state myself clearly. What I was trying to say is that so many trained actors are mind numbing and bland because they have been trained with the same techniques so no one stands out. Clearly, I wasn't saying that JY was an an award-winning actor and was so great that he didn't need any training whatsoever, what I was stating is that he didn't need to take classes and become a replica of every other young actor coming out of acting school. I do understand that no one learns a trade without training. Acting is a craft that must be honed for the actor to become truly proficient. So even taking into account that JY  showed such raw talent there are still areas he can improve and for sure he has things to learn about the business and himself if we wish to see constant improvement. Even after saying all of this I think you will better understand what I was getting at about not taking classes (not about learning ) with this post by @tea4two who stated my exact thoughts. (in red)

I think JY's acting is very instinctive and unique.  He has his own distinctive flavor that is generally very different from the standard.  I think that many people who went to acting school might be tainted by a certain standard, so their acting becomes bland, like the rest of the majority.  I think JY is lucky in this case since he hasn't been tainted by these standards, and so when he act from instinct it gives us this distinctive raw edge.  
I've described him in my previous posts that in terms of acting talent, he is a diamond in the rough, and I stand by it.  I think that when given the chance, he will have a break-out performance. 

I think much of what contributes to JY's high savvy acting is the ability to bring emotions and display it.  The scene in episode 4, when he was getting ready to beat up the guy for insulting BLY's mother, you can see the anger on his face.  The rooftop scene was especially moving and the acting was especially good.  Most importantly, JY has very soulful eyes.  He can talk with his eyes, this is a common trait that all good actors should have (but quite often many actors do not possess this ability).  Overall, his acting is very spiritual and if given the right role, it can touch people very deeply.

With that said I agree with you that because he is still a relative unknown in China and is not A-list that we have to be realistic. It's a tough business and this has been mentioned many times on this board. I know we all get a little impatient (we want to see him in a role sooner rather than later) but even the baby steps can and will make him a better actor. I have faith in HJY because he has the right attitude... just be appreciative, take jobs, learn new things, build his resume on acting because he was an inexperienced newcomer who had never worked in the industry as an actor until the Addicted web series.

Edited by filmlore46
to insert missing words
  • Like 11

Continuance of the body language analysis. This time during the interview we discussed quite few times already. The domestic violence interview or campaign

Spoiler

It happened shortly after ZZ's rumoured came to surface. We discussed how strange their interaction was but mostly I agree with tea4two analysis that was because JY felt uncomfortable with the rumor and angry because he could not do anything to protect ZZ. They were quite distant in the beginning but in the middle of the show started to loosen up and left together (cmiiw on this). I started to develop short term memory lost on Addicted since so many things had happened.

So, this is the beginning of the interview/campaign

Spoiler

Are they also sharing same briefs, I mean same designer name's brief?

Spoiler

Badass HJY is rawrrr

Spoiler

When all we have are photoshopped of the two and fanart. No, am not complaining... Knowing domesticated whale and kitten is something that we might never see anyway since it is their private lives. Am satisfied with the wonderful talented fans #tearyeyes

Spoiler

• Like 23

First Light in Korea (062516)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Source:   -PussyCAT-

005APBbDjw1f5hoe6yt3cj310m1ivb29.jpg

Spoiler

Source:   junibaum

006brWqPgw1f5oxvml0gmj30rs15otgc.jpg

006brWqPgw1f5oxvns56hj30rs15oagy.jpg

006brWqPgw1f5oxhfkit9j315o0rsq9v.jpg

Johnny – Milan ee809d.png Beijing (062016)

Spoiler

Source:   cantabile_a

006qRtw9gw1f5oyozuzgqj315o0rstfd.jpg

006qRtw9jw1f539xtpzagj31e00xc48p.jpg

006qRtw9gw1f5bvam7780j315o0rs0zr.jpg

Manip

Spoiler

Source:   鱼小宝ZZ

006pfSvzgw1f5p2c1orppj30sg0godjr.jpg

Fan arts

Spoiler
Spoiler

Source:   记的认真帅

006p8GR1jw1f5p0wff6i5j31jk6hcu0y.jpg

006p8GR1jw1f5p0wiip4zj31jk6hcqv5.jpg

Spoiler

Source:   沫色惜年

a0e36660gw1f5p2b53tuvj20qo0qowhj.jpg

• Like 15

Anybody posted this before? JY's dwts' themesong combined with ZZ's kfc's dance. Tho' tbh if ZZ would be dancing along with his beloved's music he would not posed with that dead eyes during the dance 

Spoiler

I really wanted to discuss what gayyoxx had pointed out on ZZ's eyes lately but when am back in my room am always dead tired and can't really make good sentences. But, it was spot on gayyoxx!

• Like 9