4 hours ago, gayyoxx said:

I think we can consider both, and more.

1) From production perspective, they are filming an Asian BL series. The leading actors need to show some kind of affection toward one another otherwise the act will look dry. The boys did this splendidly, imho.

2) From marketing perspective, they need to sell the series and one of the marketing tricks is to keep the affection among the actors as fan service. The classic line will be: "oh, we are straight but close buddies now; we continue being friends; etc."

3) BUT! Still from marketing perspective: the actors can not commit themselves too much to each other. Even if they have personal relationship, they still have to show some uncertainty on their relationship, just so the fans do not see them as "taken". An idol committed to relationship is boring because the fans can not imagine themselves to go between the established relation. Thus, they have to maintain a certain level of ambiguity.

4) There is also the question on how much the actors want to keep their private life, well, private. 

5) Fans' expectation is hard to be maintained and this is related to #3 above. We want to see something about Johnny/Zhouzhou but if they come clean, whether they are in relationship or not, we might get disappointed either way. I think fans are thrilled with "the possibilities", not with "the certainties". Look how the ban, which made the future of Addicted uncertain, catapulted the series into its present fame :D 

I mean, if you really wanna talk about marketing strategy etc, best example would be youqi and yangmeng (sorry idk their real names lol). Just look at their bts, they try hard to show how touchy they are with each other. But during the interview, its safe to say they dont have much chemistry with each other, and not that smoochy.

While contrary to them, johnny and weizhou in the interview, is almost exactly the same as in the bts. They might try minimize their skinship, but the chemistry is alive, its there. Just look at the way they look at each other (even without touching), we can totally feel it. And when they totally lose control, they got too comfortable with their joke, they cant help but to touch each other LOL (they hugged each other while they laugh at youqi and yangment during the interview, johnny hold the microphone with weizhou's hand underneath, johnny try to strip weizhou during his pole dance etc). 

Meanwhile when youqi and yangmeng look at each other, its pretty dry. The connection is nothing compared to johnny and zhouzhou. Just my #yuzhouconspiracy

• Like 9

Johnny with CJD.  Is that really her? Gosh... she is quite young. How old is she? I still cannot believe that she was the author of Addicted. How can a woman write such a beautiful BL story? She even desrcibed the s*x scenes between two man in such detail  :blush: *oh I am dying waiting for season 2

12729520_966611166719611_1233005036_n.jp

• Like 12

Guest skeletonworks

@alvinboi

In your novel comparison for episode 14, I'm so glad there's a novel comparison otherwise I wouldn't have known that Guhai had a hard on when he got out from the bathroom. But can a pen*s stay erected that long?? Just curious. He took a shower so isn't it supposed to be limp already?

I really like this couple..but im  not selfish for them to be together....We cant stop their growth with this BL series...They may have chances of other dramas...other pairs...I root them individually but i may not like their pair with other couple...In real life too.......Its just as a fan we have to respect their privacy too no matter how hurt we will be if they are not couple.....But i do wish them to be on the same level as wallace huo with many dramas.........

• Like 5

2 hours ago, alberto123 said:

Hey all, 

Its been years since ive watched a love drama from Asia, the last one was Meteor Garden dubbed in Cantonese in 2001! 

Im loving this web-series so much that I've actually made an account to follow this forum! Is it bad that ive only found out about SHANGYIN 2 nights ago, and ive already watched it twice? This webseries has really hit me in the feels. Coming from a gay guy, its really great to finally see some gay loving from china.
Apart of me will die inside if they dont make season 2. Im 25 years old, my words shouldnt be treated light heartedly. 

Just wanted to know if anyone knows where i could purchase the DVD boxset when it is released? Im in Australia, so not too sure what websites will deliver. 
Also, does anyone know if the DVDs will be the uncut version? 
And if it will contain English subtitles?

My FAVOURITE scene is in episode 15, BYL gave GH the scarf. During class, GH tries to make BLY jealous by telling him about the scarf he received from a girl as a gift. You can tell BYL was getting quite annoyed. But the little smile he gave when GH returns the scarf was just heart warming.

What was your favourite scene from Season 1?

My most favorite scene is the first rooftop chat. GH said, "How did you make me like you so much?". <3<3<3

1 hour ago, samscheetah said:

Somebody must be jealousssssssssssss hahaha

GIF ALERT

Reveal hidden contents

TOO CLOSE!!!! OUT!!! SHOO!!!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! xD

32 minutes ago, skeletonworks said:

@alvinboi

Hidden Content

I can't stop laughing after reading what is in the spoiler box. Gosh!!!! xD

Anyway, I think the better question that you should be asking is WHAT HAS GH BEEN DOING OR THINKING OF IN THE SHOWER? Hahahahahaha... xD

Oh, please keep hitting that vote button, everyone: http://yanyuan.vdfly.com/#nan :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hryy said:

The video happens towards the very end of the novel where YM one day came across his colleague editing footages of past serious traffic accidents for police promotion/public education efforts then YM saw GH's accident footages. Knowing GH will want to see it, he passed the video to GH and that's when GH realised that he also owes his life to BLY and became determined that they should get married.

Thank you for telling me that! THAT'S REALLY IMPORTANT INFO

I am so happy that YM is more than just your token 'silly joker' character, I really appreciate him for doing that and I am so happy GH got to see the video and reacted the way he did

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, dokiedokie said:

looks... so sweet!

Hopefully someone will translate for us the whole fanmeeting hahaha..

I'm curious why GH avoid being hugged by the girl at the stage (when giving cakes to fan)

You mean the girl with the black coat? (1.07.17) When the girl asked if she could hug him ,he hesitated and asked "Hug? can I hug?" , probably asking either the girl or the fangirls/boys.And after they hugged, WZ jokes "I don't want to treat her the cake anymore!"

• Like 3

5 hours ago, addictedaddict said:

@yaoimazter78 As long as I can rest my head on GH's butt (even for a few seconds) I'd be content, and he can throw me out the window. LOL:lol:

Let's compromise...GH and BLY's butts will take turns on being our pillows...so even if we get thrown out of the window...we'll regret nothin:sweatingbullets:

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, yaoimazter78 said:

Let's compromise...GH and BLY's butts will take turns on being our pillows...so even if we get thrown out of the window...we'll regret nothin:sweatingbullets:

Tbh, using butts, arms or any body part as a pillow is quite a bad idea. It will cause cramp and even needle-like pain in the morning... :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ryokise said:

You mean the girl with the black coat? (1.07.17) When the girl asked if she could hug him ,he hesitated and asked "Hug? can I hug?" , probably asking either the girl or the fangirls/boys.And after they hugged, WZ jokes "I don't want to treat her the cake anymore!"

No the one with brown coat, with black mask hehehe. JY run away and at the end she shakes hand with WZ before she go down from the stage. Anyway thanks for the explanation :-)

8 minutes ago, alvinboi said:

Tbh, using butts, arms or any body part as a pillow is quite a bad idea. It will cause cramp and even needle-like pain in the morning... :sweatingbullets:

sorry what is tbh?

• Like 2