5 hours ago, sohocomo said:

"The King's Man"  is the literal translation. It is usually translated as "The King and the Clown," Lee Joon Ki's breakout performance as a homosexual entertainer.

EDIT: Mods - I would take out the picture, I really, really would, except every time I try I get thrown back to page 184 and the picture won't delete. I think there might be something wrong with the site, since other people have mentioned issues too.

As a Korean shipper, this is freakin hot. I approve this post. -_-)b 엄지 척!

++  And the official title translation was "The King and the Royal Clown". Trust me, I was hardcore shipper back then..... oh old days...

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, sohocomo said:

The King's Man"  is the literal translation. It is usually translated as "The King and the Clown," Lee Joon Ki's breakout performance as a homosexual entertainer.

Someone should write a fanfic based on this fan art :P. Gh and BLY in historical drama:wub: Not a sad fanfic of course. Since "The king and the clown" is too sad for my liking.

• Like 8

Doesn't it seem that every time JY/ZZ give us happy spazz material, within just a few days we hear some rumor that causes unhappy spazz? 

Could someone from our research department verify/disprove this? Inter-departmental cooperation? (I admit, yet again, I'm too lazy and technologically challenged for research. I'm in analysis :lol:)

:heart: YuZhou Univeristy!

• Like 20

57 minutes ago, sohocomo said:

ZZ always flashes a 2 and JY a 6 in their selfies together.

Oh ! Is that so ? Intriguing indeed about ZZ. His personnality has much complexity, or better, as the 6 was already chosen by JY, he had to distinguish himself.

My points are only related to chinese culture (which actually I am fond of knowing more about), not so much to those hand-gestures that youngsters feel necessary to show-off when photographed. Because, you know, the sign two for example is adopted largely around the world to mean victory or success, as this ROW (rest-of-the-world) has completely forgotten the "art" of hand-computing. To go further, the 2 in Chinese culture, related to Tao, is leading to binary mathematics. This Chinese origin was exposed in Occident by Leibniz around year 1700. And binary maths are our masters now, all "modern" life is now framed by them.

In the Addicted series, Laoyin happens to look very happy (he smiles of contentment) to have found the answer to a math quiz. And it is the occasion for his first serious incident with Hai.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, swong2330 said:

I completely understand where u fangirls are coming from becoz I my am a big time qingyu shipper. But, i iust want to offer a different perspective here. before blaming it on the 'only'fans and 'antifans', have you ever co sidered that it could very well be our boys' decision that they do not want to be tagged togther all the time. So early on in the career and to be mentioned together all the time could be annoying. They both have iweibo and ig accou ts and all these tags might be annoying them and their companies. They want a long successful career and no one wants to be typecasted and mentioning as co all the ( I mean come on, 98% of gheir mention shud be as cp at this point) would be annoying to anyone. As a human we have every right to express our our feelings, but as fans we also have some duties towards our idols and respecting their decision is one them.

I think what you've said is completely accurate and to the point.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, pureblade said:

Wow.... people people! Are we going to make negative information have us like trees in the wind? It blows right and we succumb; it blows left and we bend. C'mon! Fandom! Let us be rock! Diamond - where heat and pressure make us stand all the more strong! This is exactly how they want us to be intimidated and walking on eggs shells. Where do we have influence? We have influence in being grounded and unchanging in our manifesto!

And I believe that our manifesto is to support these guys and push against the conflict that their participation in Addicted ( the oppression of the right to love) has brought to the surface. Stand firm shippers and the Addicted! I do truly believe that we are all here with a heart for the betterment of these two regardless of if we are YuZhouYu or just GHBLY.

Stand Firm Everyone!

Peace & Love!

:heart:

mmm you're right!

We should show everyone that ZZ, JY, YZ/ZY, and addicted web series fensi will not waver! 

Unwavering just like ZZ and JY's love for each other

Also can i just say that your post gets extra brownie points because of your joonjae x takuya DP!

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, pureblade said:

Wow.... people people! Are we going to make negative information have us like trees in the wind? It blows right and we succumb; it blows left and we bend. C'mon! Fandom! Let us be rock! Diamond - where heat and pressure make us stand all the more strong! This is exactly how they want us to be intimidated and walking on eggs shells. Where do we have influence? We have influence in being grounded and unchanging in our manifesto!

And I believe that our manifesto is to support these guys and push against the conflict that their participation in Addicted ( the oppression of the right to love) has brought to the surface. Stand firm shippers and the Addicted! I do truly believe that we are all here with a heart for the betterment of these two regardless of if we are YuZhouYu or just GHBLY.

Stand Firm Everyone!

Peace & Love!

:heart:

AMEN!!!

@gayyoxx @guhai  Personally, I read your stories because I support you. We may have all "met" and become this Addicted family that we are because of our love for the characters and the boys, but what we do in our family reflects only on us. If either of you decide to stop writing your fanfics completely, I will support you. I'll pout, but I will support your decision for yourself. If you decide to write a 1000 page novel, I'll support that too (very enthusiastically :w00t:). Your stories help fill in and continue our love for GH/BLY - JY/ZZ in our imaginations, but our support is for your writing, not the characters or people specifically. 

:heart::heart::heart:

• Like 17

ZZ's weibo was on first place before now it slid to ninth place. Is this how the fans deal with the rumors? It blew up somewhere from being careful not to tag YuZhou to don't ever mention anything about they boys or even search them up. This just feels so wrong. This is not how you deal with this situation. I feel like this IS the main purpose for that weird rumors.

HTl6h1t.jpg

• Like 18

Also about the banning and stuff, we have to understand that the programs that we are talking are essentially Chinese and shot and produced in  China and catered to Chinese audience. As much as we love them, they were never meant to be solely for the international audience. And, there is a huge culture gap between eastern and western culture.Homosexuality is quite common and well accepted in our western countries, but it is not so at all in eastern countries, and not just becoz the government has some laws but mainly because of their different culture. We can express our discontent to the bans and everything, but we always need to keep their culture perspective in mind. We as international fans should be very very careful to not hurt their traditions and cultural values, cuz it is a part of their identity. This is how intolerance grows. and in the end, if we disrespect their culture in any way, problem is that will affect our boys directly or indirectly. So, guys, just chill, keep loving our boys and stay away from criticising anything that is not in our control.

• Like 16

43 minutes ago, liesl said:

ZZ's weibo was on first place before now it slid to ninth place. Is this how the fans deal with the rumors? It blew up somewhere from being careful not to tag YuZhou to don't ever mention anything about they boys or even search them up. This just feels so wrong. This is not how you deal with this situation. I feel like this IS the main purpose for that weird rumors.

Lmao I find it cute that ZZ's dp is a chibi and out of everyone in the list, his profile stood out bc of that cute chibi dp xD 

• Like 12

37 minutes ago, swong2330 said:

Also about the banning and stuff, we have to understand that the programs that we are talking are essentially Chinese and shot and produced in  China and catered to Chinese audience. As much as we love them, they were never meant to be solely for the international audience. And, there is a huge culture gap between eastern and western culture.Homosexuality is quite common and well accepted in our western countries, but it is not so at all in eastern countries, and not just becoz the government has some laws but mainly because of their different culture. We can express our discontent to the bans and everything, but we always need to keep their culture perspective in mind. We as international fans should be very very careful to not hurt their traditions and cultural values, cuz it is a part of their identity. This is how intolerance grows. and in the end, if we disrespect their culture in any way, problem is that will affect our boys directly or indirectly. So, guys, just chill, keep loving our boys and stay away from criticising anything that is not in our control.

Again i have to agree with you.

Both myself and my husband (were husband and husband) are South Korean and have worked in the entertainment industry on the legal side in the past.

The Chinese censors are not only very strict but they’re also extremely unpredictable when it  comes to certain programs. They might allow something one day and ban it the next. Unlike many other countries the Chinese censors are not independent and are basically dictated to by the Chinese government.

If the rumors are correct, and i’m saying ”if”, then it tells me that they’re on the censors radar and everything they do is being scrutinized.

• Like 17

On 4/2/2016 at 10:35 AM, nouveaux said:

Onto another topic, I suddenly found this actor who I think can be great as GY!

He's Peter Sheng Yi Lun, the actor for the webseries Go Princess Go. Apparently this series was banned alongside Addicted... because of its lesbiany contents... don't you guys think he makes an absolute hot Gu Yang?

where i can find the "Go Princess Go" Drama with eng. or Spanish Subs??? 

• Like 1

The strange thing about all this is that just a few days ago, China approved a gay themed movie called " Seek McCartney" to hit the theaters after passing the censors. Apparently, it's going to be released this year. I hope this will have a good impact for future LGBT movies, TV etc in China.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, addicted2addicted said:

The strange thing about all this is that just a few days ago, China approved a gay themed movie called " Seek McCartney" to hit the theaters after passing the censors. Apparently, it's going to be released this year. I hope this will have a good impact for future LGBT movies, TV etc in China.

As a gay guy i would love to say it is, but as i said in a previous post, Chinese censors are very unpredictable. The next gay themed movie could very well be denied. At the minute everything is down to the "whim" of the censor and who are actually reviewing it at the time. If they have a good day it'll pass and if they have a bad day it won't.

We'll have to wait for a few more gay themed programs to be up for review and see what they do with those.

Edited by Kim Soo-Lee
  • Like 6

Trans of some comments in comments section of post 2073 from yuzhou psychology thread.These comments were posted yesterday.

*Deleted because this issue is pretty much over now* but the comments that I translated here was basically saying that foreign fans shouldn't be not allowed to post hashtags and etc because most of us here are only active on overseas sites which doesn't really affects them.

• Like 20

On 4/3/2016 at 8:15 PM, liesl said:

MOD EDIT: DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES, GIFS, AND VIDEOS!!

I am really going to learn chinese so i can support them on weibo is there any other ways to support them

• Like 2

@tea4two How do they build their careers as individuals when every time one of them are mentioned the other will be automatically tagged there? When everyone talks and asks about CP? When many overreacting CP fans always want them to be together in everything (you have to admit that majority of their fans are CP fan) and will, eh, overreact when they're not together. For example, HJY will participate in The amazing race China, his partner for the show is still unknown, fans nominate XWZ, it's only understandable, but they even go further to threaten to anti and bash the show and HJY's TAR partner if that person is not XWZ. Okay, blame it on their CP vibe. 

You might say just let it be 2 of them on everything then, it's sure to bring in huge profit, but it's only at the moment. Once thing went too far (and it'd be soon enough since those CP fans keep feeding the CP exploitation), they'd be on censor radar with high risk of being edited out for broadcasting. Who would invest their money on them then?

@swong2330and @Kim Soo-Lee Agreed. That's why some of their fandoms start to worry and try to keep thing in check. XWZ and HJY have a very long way to go before they could do things as they like.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, addicted2addicted said:

Regarding this, you can read it here.

"Experts warned that Seek McCartney’s approval should not necessarily be hailed as a sign of a relaxation of censors’ usually prudish attitudes...China’s system for evaluating films is still very unstable, because the rules are very unclear. It depends heavily on the individual censor’s whims." 

I myself have few things to point out:
"Seek McCartney" is a co-production between France and China. The plot of "Seek McCartney" is well developed, it's considered as serious work, the work that comes from a well produced team and can be seen as "art". There is no couple effect or whatsoever. Everybody knows it's just a movies.

Meanwhile "Shangyin" is just a web series with low budget and illogical plot and can be accessed easily by public tru the internet. 
1. The 2 characters turn gay in the novel. It's ok if they are homosexual, but nope, they are straight but become gay for each other.
2. They have pre-matured sex, rape scene is involved. 
3. National army as background is being used and heavily abused. Remember all the imagination how BLY abused his right in the army to help GH, GY abused his right to frame CLY to help BLY, etc.? The novel distorts the army image. 
4. The name of the novel is related to drug, i.e Heroin.
5. The actors are well supported by shippers, they want them to go gay for each other too. Shippers want them to happen in real life. 

6. They are gaining some public attention. A big part of this public recognition comes from teenagers with limited education and can easily be influenced.

Now if I were the censor guy, I'd pick Shangyin to censor too, no doubt. 

• Like 14