I love how crazily active this thread is. I keep attempting to read all of the pages, but I don't know if I'll ever finish. I guess I need to dedicate a weekend to catch up. This thread is a lifesaver for translations though. :heart: The waiting has me actually translating the novel with google translate to read the chapters everyone hasn't gotten to yet. XD I'm impatient.

I feel so bad for Timmy though. :C At the same time I feel like I'm one level of separation closer to him since I literally just met One Ok Rock at one of their concerts 4 days ago. It's nice to have something in common with him.

• Like 16

Hopefully he'll be better in no time, also hoping that the plagiarism matter won't affect his appearance in Thailand fanmeeting. These boys really can't be happy even for awhile, there will always be news or rumors that seemed to take all of their smiles :(

Sorry my maternal instincts are overflowing now, I really want to give ZZ some warm hugs to make him feel better, especially since I'm as big as a panda xD

• Like 13

37 minutes ago, kmmyzz said:

What is he doing... I'm so curious of what he's up to these days. Even his manager didn't go in weibo. ZZs nickname is Weibo Fairy as he comes in a lot, to see him avoiding weibo for 2 days is very worrying ;; hopefully he has the strength to go against this plagiarism rumors, he's totally affected by it.

Also JY pls lend your shoulders for him to cry on, you know he needs you the most (delulu mode: on)

I suspect they need to lie low for now. ZZ and JY are both disappearing from weibo. Not posting at all even after so many pleas from fans. They will be fine if they stay this way and get out of the limelight in China. I say until their next production so that they can leave Addicted behind. So relax.

It also looks like they won't have many work commitments until the Bangkok FM. ZZ has one on the 9th according to his agent. So we are into a lull period...

Nevertheless, it's nice that outside of China, we can still ship them. On weibo, there is an implicit understanding not to CP them from now on. CP = couple in Mainland.

Will this change in time? Maybe we need to wait for 8 years like the novel... Personally, I still hope for a Korean FM... but can it ever happen?

• Like 17

28 minutes ago, Petrova said:

Some quick update

ZhouZhou's manager has update his/her weibo.....

I don't know what it mean, can anyone translated it??

Edit 3: ZZ's schedule on 9th should probably go on (I got the wrong info on twitter, sorry!)

Edit: Apparently there are many bad rumors going around regarding ZZ, the latest would be his lyrics 'plagiarism'.

Edit 2: He's supposed to fly to Shenzhen on 8th and has a music show schedule on 9th, I wonder if these schedules are still on? Also, the live stream for L'Officiel should be done in Beijing, no? Or does the staff will fly to Shenzhen as well (say if he's staying in Shenzhen for a couple of days)

• Like 9

I think I saw something about BDSM and dom/sub relationship. Got to say, don't misinterpret it for what you see in FSOG, it is completely not the same. Even most manga writers depict it wrongly due to the lack of knowledge in it. An D/S relationship can range from many points and can go from mild to extreme depending on the people. In SS1, there is no doubt that there is some elements of it but it is barely there. Gu Hai has a very domineering attitude and personality but Lou Yin doesn't depict any submissive tendencies even in the book. I guess as pointed out by @sohocomo, it is more about acceptance & giving in some way. 

I have to say that most people see BDSM as bad because of the powerplay and the submission of one person to another. But it is more that than, it requires absolute trust that the person you are with is not going to abuse that trust and submission. As a BDSM writer myself, I find it heartbreaking when people misinterpret the lifestyle. 

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, kmmyzz said:

Hopefully he'll be better in no time, also hoping that the plagiarism matter won't affect his appearance in Thailand fanmeeting. These boys really can't be happy even for awhile, there will always be news or rumors that seemed to take all of their smiles :(

Sorry my maternal instincts are overflowing now, I really want to give ZZ some warm hugs to make him feel better, especially since I'm as big as a panda xD

you are not the only one, i want to wrap both ZZ and JY in a fuzzy blanket and give them a hot chocolate and lull them to sleep so they can rest and take a break from everything. i can only hope that their management is in the process of making a new strategy or something to help with the boys :(

• Like 18

14 minutes ago, kmmyzz said:

ZZ will do the live stream on 9th April instead of today

No, on schedule ZZ was supposed to have 3 lives in 2nd, 5th and 9th. These are the necessary promotion activities for the album to be released. Without proper promotion the album sales will drop definitely. 2 out of 3 have been cancelled. 

ZZ MIA for 2 days. "XWZ plagiarism" has been trending 2 days (it is still trending now), drawn too much negative buzz and comment in weibo. Some posts about this topic have over 3-4k comments, top comments (mostly negative comments) have over 1k upvotes. It's not common for a newbie at all. China is a very big happening country so not many topics can keep being on trend for that long. I have no choice but to worry about ZZ's future projects such as movies too.

I hope he makes use of this time to change lyrics or record the new song tho..

• Like 20

Zhouzhou's schedule has suffered from so much cancellation at the beginning of this month

2/4: live singing on a show [Cancelled]

5/4: Lofficiel photoshoot, live through app [Cancelled]

8/4: Fight from Beijing to Shenzhen

9/4: Attend a music award show in Shenzhen

Then Thailand fanmeeting on 17/4 (Flight to Thai in 15/4, back to China in midnight 17- morning 18/4)

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, htuvecila said:

No, on schedule ZZ was supposed to have 3 lives in 2nd, 5th and 9th. These are the necessary promotion activities for the album to be released. Without proper promotion the album sales will drop definitely. 2 out of 3 have been cancelled. 

ZZ MIA for 2 days. "XWZ plagiarism" has been trending 2 days (it is still trending now), drawn too much negative buzz and comment in weibo. Some posts about this topic have over 3-4k comments, top comments (mostly negative comments) have over 1k upvotes. It's not common for a newbie at all. China is a very big happening country so not many topics can keep being on trend for that long. I have no choice but to worry about ZZ's future projects such as movies too.

He's also scheduled to fly to Shenzhen on 8th, right? I wonder if that got cancelled as well. Seeing this pattern, I think he's trying to push back of his album release and fix the problem first, which is why he went MIA. 

He also started to have many bad rumors after rumor of him dating CJD came out. Some of his fans became his anti, and they spread many bad stories. I guess that's how artists in China have to deal every single time? This is my first time ever focusing on artists in China, so I know a little about their entertainment industry

• Like 16

22 minutes ago, kmmyzz said:

ZZ will do the live stream on 9th April instead of today

Edit: Apparently there are many bad rumors going around regarding ZZ, the latest would be his lyrics 'plagiarism'.

Edit 2: He's supposed to fly to Shenzhen on 8th and has a music show schedule on 9th, I wonder if these schedules are still on? Also, the live stream for L'Officiel should be done in Beijing, no? Or does the staff will fly to Shenzhen as well (say if he's staying in Shenzhen for a couple of days)

Well, i'm slightly relieved that it wasn't bad as I expected, because I'm starting to think the rumours is true. Could it be Zhouzhou really depressed from recently bad news that hit him? 

It just so sad to see someone so smiley, happy, and bright like Zhouzhou has so many enemies that want to bring him down :tears: 

• Like 18

36 minutes ago, Cynnamin said:

I think I saw something about BDSM and dom/sub relationship. Got to say, don't misinterpret it for what you see in FSOG, it is completely not the same. Even most manga writers depict it wrongly due to the lack of knowledge in it. An D/S relationship can range from many points and can go from mild to extreme depending on the people. In SS1, there is no doubt that there is some elements of it but it is barely there. Gu Hai has a very domineering attitude and personality but Lou Yin doesn't depict any submissive tendencies even in the book. I guess as pointed out by @sohocomo, it is more about acceptance & giving in some way. 

I have to say that most people see BDSM as bad because of the powerplay and the submission of one person to another. But it is more that than, it requires absolute trust that the person you are with is not going to abuse that trust and submission. As a BDSM writer myself, I find it heartbreaking when people misinterpret the lifestyle. 

Ah, a like mind :)

The part I highlighted - thank you for that point specifically. I always forget to mention the point of trust, which, at least to me, is the most important aspect in this type of relationship. (EDIT: which is what drives me crazy with myself when I forget to say it :huh:)

Edited by sohocomo
  • Like 7

17 minutes ago, sohocomo said:

Ah, a like mind :)

The part I highlighted - thank you for that point specifically. I always forget to mention the point of trust, which, at least to me, is the most important aspect in this type of relationship. (EDIT: which is what drives me crazy with myself when I forget to say it :huh:)

True that, it is an important aspect to the relationship but I find that the lifestyle itself is so indepth that it can't be explained properly in just a single post. I love the BDSM lifestyle because of the way it is and I have to say, the story of Addicted - barely touched on it at all. 

• Like 4

I think ZZ does need to take some time off from the hate in weibo. He might use this break for rest, recording new songs or gather his confidence again. Having friends with bubbly personality, once they got hurt enough and the bubble pops, it needs time and care to get back to how they were used to be before the unfortunate events. If he go out on public and somehow he is shown to have significant (negative) changes oh himself, that would just make the enemies win, imho.

This is an important stage on ZZ's development, not only as an actor/singer but as a human being. He might have existential crisis atm, asking "why do I do this?", "is it worth it?", "what am I trying to achieve?", "is this the future that I want?" etc and that's good because he was essentially swept away by waves of uncontrollable events. It is time for him to talk with himself and decide what he wants (especially because if the conspiracy is true, he will face attacks again in the future for nobody knows how long).

JY, I think, had his crisis right after fan meeting and peaked when he sang the sad song but his "question" was on how much freedom/fame he wanted. I guess he had found the balance, somehow? Now, it is ZZ's time. I am hoping he choose wisely and his loved ones support him during his recupation time.

3 hours ago, ximichem said:

Departure time: same day

ZZ: 6:45AM JY: 2:05 PM

-> JY wanna take off later, just to wait and ensure ZZ gets to the gate/airplane safely.

Arrival time: 

ZZ arrives earlier, waiting for JY, wanna be JY's first person to see when landing. Besides, JY has conspiracy/occasion to show tired face to ZZ so that ZZ would feel sorry for leaving early - of course ZZ would have a day to prepare mostly everything for JY( like schedules, searching for dating places, and of course breakfast and hot shower for JY). Meanwhile, since JY leaving about half of a day later than ZZ, we can assume he'd take care of their "home", careful lock the doors, etc. 

*delulu mode on*

I am joining your delulu mode here: 

- after Happy Camp, ZZ also left Changsa first.

- after RFT2, ZZ also left Sanya first.

apparently JY does want to make sure his baby is alright and maybe has arrived at Beijing before he starts his flight ;) 

even more delulu mode: eh, Johnny is not going back to Shanghai at 18 ;) 

1 hour ago, kmmyzz said:

I'm starting to worry over ZZ, he hasn't log in weibo for 2 days already. He used to be on weibo for many times in a day (probably monitoring any tags of him like JY does) but after the plagiarism scandal, he totally went MIA :tears:

ZZ's manager says that a temporary rest will lead to even better results, and that the livestream has been pushed to April 9th. She's encouraging ZZ's fans to work hard and vote in the meanwhile.

Atm, I guess ZZ's manager's presence on weibo is more essential than ZZ's. She (he?) needs to ensure ZZ's presence by posting info about ZZ without attracting the sharks seeking blood. Hopefully, the management understands that.

To be honest, I was thinking the boys had been too active on socmed LOL. It is better for them to have their managers posting pics/schedules/whatever and occassionally they drop one or two things then do not access that again.

• Like 18

3 minutes ago, Cynnamin said:

True that, it is an important aspect to the relationship but I find that the lifestyle itself is so indepth that it can't be explained properly in just a single post. I love the BDSM lifestyle because of the way it is and I have to say, the story of Addicted - barely touched on it at all. 

Very, very true. But the story is done in such a way to lead to personal interpretation/introspection - which is actually one of the things I love most about it. 

:wub:

• Like 5