7 hours ago, Kmontsy said:

i have got one question.. whats the real story behind the kite flying when Gh and GY were kids, what does gu hai meant about this... i dont get the logic... hahahah.. im kinda slow in figurative terms... hahaha... 

I don't understand the logic too. No further explanation was provided in the novel.

6 hours ago, mchansk07 said:

@alvinboi

Spoiler

in my opinion, they both underwent a great development of personality in their 8 years of separation. now that both of them were adult, their personality somehow matured & 8 years of separation did make them walk their own path.

in book 1, both of them depended too much to each other. 24/7 they always together, not being able to be separated, not to mention their hot blooded teenage hormone too. as adult, they both now had their own responsibility, which are not small considering how successful both of them. of course their old habits all still there (jealousy, insecurity, stubbornness, etc), but they somehow stopped acting so rash like before. no more drama like kidnapping, rape, eloping.

Thanks for your explanation! 年少时,热血澎湃,要爱得疯狂。长大后,深思熟虑,要爱得长久。In youth, we are full of energy and want a crazy love. In adulthood, we mature in our thinking and want a long-lasting love. I look forward to reading/ watching the grown-up life of GH and BLY. :)

4 hours ago, hryy said:

Someone asked how they have changed after 8 years.

Hide contents

When it comes to their feelings for each other, not much :D . 

The author kept emphasising how both became much more handsome and attractive to women :D . Both their personalities remained the same except they are better at hiding their feelings from others and as a result of their experiences and less impulsive (applies to GH only :P BLY remained as cool as ever), BLY being in the military and GH being the CEO of  a company. But of course when they saw each other again after 8 years, all hell breaks loose. GH's impulsiveness and possessive just returned completely just that he's more subtle. When GH first met BLY after 8 years he was with his AGM, and (probably to take revenge on BLY for disappearing without a trace for 8 years) he claimed that the AGM was his fiancee. BLY struck back, he went for a matchmaking session and the girl happens to be working in GH's company. GH saw them one day when BLY went to pick up the girl from work. GH deliberately pile lotsa work on the girl to give her no time and energy to go dating with BLY :D. On the day of GH's fake engagement lunch with the AGM (fake because the AGM's mother was terminally ill and GH agreed to put up a show with the AGM to assure the AGM's mum), BLY's aircraft crashed during a mission, GH just left the lunch jumped three floors down  to the street and rushed to the crash site illustrating that when it comes to BLY nothing has changed for GH.

The author did not describe in detail what happened in the 8 years except to mention how GH was devastated to be told BLY was dead then subsquently told that he went abroad and how he went round the world looking for BLY for 3 years before giving up and set up his own business. But he continued to miss BLY, his company is called Hai Yin, a combination of both their names. He also only employ women in his company, he is the only male. For BLY, it is just said that the first 2 years was tough being a new recruit, and he never benefited or rather, he did not take advantage of his status as GH's dad stepson and rose through the ranks through his own efforts.

My apologies in advance if my info comes in dribs and drabs. The novel is really long and filled with a lot of details. Quite difficult to summarise into a coherent narrative.:sweatingbullets:

It's me! I'm the someone! ^^ Thanks for the spoiler! There are parts where they came out to their parents as a couple right? How did they handle it? More spoilers pls. xD

Edit: Woohoo!! We made it past 100 pages! I'm looking forward to even more pages. So, come out lurkers! xD

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, leven said:

NO,NO,NO

She wants to sue someone who hacked her Weibo account saying CJD slept with Xu Wei Zhou.

Omg.... how can anyone do such disgusting things!! Not only did they hack her Weibo, but also made up this s**t... wow, how crazy some haters can be. I hope she's OK cause if I were her I'd be super depressed n nervous...

• Like 4

BTW I start the series all over again there is one thing that amazes me, I remember Gu Hai greatly detest his stepbrother which turns out to be Lou yin but in the 10th episode I can't believe how he is the one to not put any blame to Louy yin's family and still love lou yin's family more than his own his words kind of struck I was saying to myself "should Gu hai be the one angry not Lou yin?" but in the end Gu Hai disregards his hate towards his stepmother son I was impressed on that thats my fave scene ^^ and Lou Yin's father too he could have hated Gu Hai but he was so open minded

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, skeletonworks said:

Counter Attack and Like Love shared the same director.. It wasn't the same director for Heroin right? Counter Attack Webseries is choppy as fudge and some of the storylines didn't make sense because they chopped off a lot from the novel to fit into an 8 episodes web series... However, even reading the novel, I kinda felt their love is built on lust. Heroin is just a whole new level from Counter Attack. I like how their relationship was built up, the characters dynamic, the turning point of their relationship... Everything just hits my shipper's heart hard!! It's so fascinating that I need to discuss it with someone and the reason why this thread is born...

When I started watching CA around the second episode I was like: Oh no! It must share the same director like LL, so from that moment on I didn't expect too much from the show... and well, did not get too much either. Addicted has a different director. Once or twice it has few confusing events when you think 'did I miss something?', but overall it is a well directed show (esp after CA and LL it is heaven itself) And also regarding the story, as more I learn about the future events the more I realise that CJD did an excellent job building up the novel and their relationship... maybe first you think it is a 'simple' romance, but now, especially reading the comments here from everybody and seeing the story unfolding, it looks indeed much more complex and complicated than at first glance.  

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, leven said:

News Updates regarding 2 actors.

Xu Wei Zhou flew back to Beijing today and will go back to university as new semester begins. A lot of fans waiting at the airport showed their support to Xu.

Huang Jin Yu attended Angelababy's birthday party and got an interview by host Zhang Da Da. Angel said Huang is so handsome.

Huang ranks NO 1 hot issues in Weibo today

Huang and Xu's interview at Netease attracted 3.5 millions viewers, breaking the record

What??? They got separated!?

Who is this Angelababy!? Is she real world's LuLu in other name?

XD

Well, live must go on for them. If no season two, I hope them the best in live and in career; hope whatever chemistry they share can evolve into long lasting friendship, if not romance ;)

Sometime, a dear friend worth hundred times more than a crappy love, anyway!

• Like 4

Guest skeletonworks

tfuaHaB.gif

@alvinboi You want some Jerry right ;)

I'll have to wait til tomorrow to watch the cute interview! I wish they had played a pepero kiss game :D

CcIpb70UsAIKiDn.jpg

and can someone please summarise or translate what Johnny said? I love you too Johnny muahhhh hahahaha

50 minutes ago, mchansk07 said:

@gayyoxx that interview was a FAKE?? :flushed:

omooo, i didn't check any link, just read the post here. didn't think that it was faked at all.

i thought the interview, though nice but a bit weird. too accommodated to our curiosities, no? and CJD just answered them all without beating the bush. sigh, there goes my imagination :(

no wonder, she sued them. this is like pouring fuel to fire. i'm afraid chinese govt will be more dead set to shut down this series if those crackbrains keep doing this kind of thing :angry:

No, no. We don't know for sure which news is fake and which one(s) is(are) true. As always, take everything in the net with a grain of salt.

43 minutes ago, leven said:

NO,NO,NO

She wants to sue someone who hacked her Weibo account saying CJD slept with Xu Wei Zhou.

That is despicable! Poor CJD and Zhouzhou...

And Zhouzhou had an interview today! I did not see anything from him, just his usual charming self. Oh boy... My respect for him just increased one level!

38 minutes ago, skeletonworks said:

Oh God this is horrendous... This hacking.. And the content too... Just no... IF YOU'RE GONNA HACK INTO CJD'S ACCOUNT, AT LEAST WRITE SOMETHING LIKE JOHNNY SLEPT WITH ZHOUZHOU??!!? Lack of BL love izzit this poor hackersss???!!!!

Someone pls clean my mind of the image of CJD with Zhouzhou >_>

Well, thousands rumor on Johnny and Zhouzhou already spreading without the help of any hackers XD

18 minutes ago, hleeg said:

Hehe. Constantly having "heroin" and "addicted" as search terms the last few days has affected my google-assembled profile. I now see the occasional  online drug  counseling ads 

LOLOLOLOL!!! This is most hilarious! I have to refrain myself from searching too much! XD

• Like 4

Just now, gayyoxx said:

XD

Well, live must go on for them. If no season two, I hope them the best in live and in career; hope whatever chemistry they share can evolve into long lasting friendship, if not romance ;)

There's no real Jin Lulu, babe. hahaha :D

Moreover, Angela just got married last year. She's Huang Xiaoming's wife. No need to worry.

Johnny's still being loyal to Timmy :phew:

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Kmontsy said:

i have got one question.. whats the real story behind the kite flying when Gh and GY were kids, what does gu hai meant about this... i dont get the logic... hahahah.. im kinda slow in figurative terms... hahaha... 

16 minutes ago, alvinboi said:

I don't understand the logic too. No further explanation was provided in the novel.

I understood it like this: GH said that kite fell because of the broken string. It fell even though it was made to fly n there's nothing to laugh about. GH cried (well maybe i think too much about it) because he pitied the kite which couldn't fly anymore n that shows how kind he is n how pure his heart is n GY on the other hand, felt nothing but joy. Ugh.... idk if anyone can find logic here, but well....

• Like 1

Now, I am spamming here, hope you all forgive me.

Speaking about the chemistry between GH-BLY (again), the only series that I can think of having such chemistry is BBC's Merlin. I was drawn by how the actors portrayed Arthur and Merlin. Full of antagonism at the beginning and then evolved slowly into respect, trust and loyalty. While there was nothing sexual with their relationship, my heart bled seeing how they cared for each other. With a loyal companion like Merlin, Arthur did not need Gwen at all ;)

For those who are not familiar with Merlin, enjoy this MV!

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Maria Fe Jonson said:

BTW I start the series all over again there is one thing that amazes me, I remember Gu Hai greatly detest his stepbrother which turns out to be Lou yin but in the 10th episode I can't believe how he is the one to not put any blame to Louy yin's family and still love lou yin's family more than his own his words kind of struck I was saying to myself "should Gu hai be the one angry not Lou yin?" but in the end Gu Hai disregards his hate towards his stepmother son I was impressed on that thats my fave scene ^^ and Lou Yin's father too he could have hated Gu Hai but he was so open minded

Yes and I remembered Gu Hai wishing his step brother get hit by a car. Hahahaha!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, gayyoxx said:

XD

Angelababy is an actress and model a very beautiful actress she is now married to Return of Condor Heroes Star the one who played Yang guo they made headline during their wedding since it's one of the most lavish wedding hahaha!! ^^

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, skeletonworks said:

I'll have to wait til tomorrow to watch the cute interview! I wish they had played a pepero kiss game :D

and can someone please summarise or translate what Johnny said? I love you too Johnny muahhhh hahahaha

He saying thank you for everyone's support for reaching 1million supporters for something and that he's very happy about and he'll gift us with a heart or something like that. Sorry for the poor translation. I only understand half of what they're ever saying. They are my motivation to learn better Chinese, so I can translate things better. xD

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, guhai said:

As celebrated by @thoron's very educational post, we reached 100! So I took it upon myself to take an idea inspired by @mym999 and gift you all with this ^_^ :

Hide contents

You Can Be Daddy

The morning after the wedding found Guhai and Luoyin both incredibly exhausted and sore—not that either would complain. It was the kind of bone-deep exhaustion that traveled through your body and up to your lips in the form of a tired smile, that made you feel like lazing around in bed all day—which was exactly what they planned on doing.

Stretching out and popping a few joints with a satisfied groan, Luoyin nestled back on top of the thick comforter. He turned toward his husband (he still couldn’t believe it), head propped on his elbow. “Good morning.”

Said husband (Guhai couldn’t believe it either) smiled at him lazily, reaching out a hand to pull the other towards him. Tilting the other’s chin with two careful fingers, he kissed him slow, comfortable. There was no heat, no passion, just a wet, lazy kiss with no rush. They had nowhere else to be anyway—nowhere they would rather be.

Breaking apart, they found themselves sitting side by side on the bed in comfortable silence.

Guhai was the first to break it. “Hey, Yin Zi? Did you ever plan on having kids?”

Luoyin shot him an incredulous look. “Guhai.”

“What?”

“We got married yesterday and you’re asking me about kids!”

Guhai scratched the back of his head, confused. “I don’t see why not. Isn’t it better to know now? I just got married to you, it’s not like I’m going to divorce you—by the way  you’re not allowed to divorce me either—and you wanting kids probably won’t change five, ten years from now.”

“Oh for Christ-“ Luoyin huffed, rolling his eyes and getting more comfortable on the bed to talk. “Yes, I grew up thinking I’d have kids someday,” he admitted, sighing and staring out of the window at the falling snow. “I always thought I’d get a job nearby, earn enough to give my dad a comfortable life and then rent my own apartment once I saved up enough money. I didn’t plan on dating seriously until I at least had an apartment. At that point, I was just hoping I’d meet a nice girl and start a family with her—give my dad some grandchildren while I’m at it,” he joked, a melancholy look on his face as he suddenly found himself lost in memories of the false reality he had created for himself as a child who sometimes didn’t have enough to eat, who sometimes showered in freezing cold water during harsh winters. This false reality had kept him full and warm on those rougher days, encouraging him to push through the sadness because it was waiting for him at the end of the tunnel.

Seeing the look on Luoyin’s face, Guhai looked down at his bent knees, feeling gutted. He was a man. He couldn’t give Luoyin that. But- “We can adopt?” he suggested.

Luoyin’s eyebrows shot up in surprise as he turned to look at his husband. “What?”

“Well, I mean, that’s the only way for us, right? You can be mom and I’ll be dad, or you can be dad and I’ll be mom. Or if you prefer we can be daddy and papa?” he suggested hastily, clenching the bed covers nervously.

Noticing his husband’s twitchiness, a tiny smile graced Luoyin’s face. “Are you serious right now?” he teased.

Apparently not sensing the teasing tone, Guhai went on, “Yeah I mean I like kids too!” he exclaimed with forced excitement, arms flailing and fooling no one. “You see me with your step-brother all the time right? We get along great! I mean-I never uh, actually wanted kids myself, but I think I can handle it? How hard can it be to be someone’s daddy—wait. Wait no, that sounds really wrong. But-but well, it’ll be pretty hard I guess, now that I think about it. The crying, the feeding, the money, the diapers—oh god, the diapers—wait but what if you end up loving him more than me?”

“What. Wait a sec-“

“Oh god what if you start paying attention to him and not me? We already don’t see each other enough between the company and your training! How am I supposed to split the time we have with a kid? I don’t want to be jealous of my own kid! Oh god what if you spend all of your time with him? What about me! What about the sex! We already lost 8 YEARS of sex Yin Zi! How will we have time for sex?!

“GUHAI!”

Guhai’s head snapped up in surprise, even more surprised to find Luoyin’s face so close to his. “What?”

Luoyin crashed their lips together, teeth grazing, sending them toppling down on the bed. Guhai bit back a surprised moan, reaching for the headboard to steady himself. Just as he was about to ask what his husband was doing, Luoyin pulled away, breathing heavily between their subtly touching lips.

“I love you,” he rasped, pecking the other’s lips again, “and I promise you that it’ll be just us two. When you’re ready, if you’re ever ready to have a kid, we’ll consider it then, hm? I wanted a kid, but this kid—he or she doesn’t exist yet. You’re here with me right now. I’d be dumb to not love you while I can, Guhai.”

Guhai gazed back at him, long and hard. A moment later, he crashed their lips together, pushing back with just as much force, rolling them around on the bed until he had his husband pinned under him. "I think I'm too in love with you, my Yin Zi," he breathed against a quickly reddening ear. "I don't even know how to tell you anymore...so let me show you just how much I love you."

This is the whole story, not an excerpt. Hope you enjoyed!
I've provided it on another platform (AFF) in case anyone prefers to read it over there: click here.

The original post:

Thank you for letting me use your idea @mym999.

OMG~ this was amazing!! I squealed like a little girl reading this. LOL

They are just too cute~

Thank you for this! :)

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, hleeg said:

Hehe. Constantly having "heroin" and "addicted" as search terms the last few days has affected my google-assembled profile. I now see the occasional  online drug counseling ads 

Lol. I so get you. Happened to me too at first. My recommendations are all about therapy and recovery. 

(as if i need those. If its the web series. Then no Google. I don't need counseling! )

47 minutes ago, alvinboi said:

It's me! I'm the someone! ^^ Thanks for the spoiler! There are parts where they came out to their parents as a couple right? How did they handle it? More spoilers pls. xD

The great alvinboi aka oh-great-source-of-novel-comparisons asking for spoilers?! Whoa. We've really come far! 

@hrry you are a delight. 

36 minutes ago, gayyoxx said:

Ask yourself ma friend. Are you really willing to call Jin Lulu.. 

Angelababy?? 

(Imagine that in GuHai's voice. )

Lololol.  

Btw guys, how about how to upload a video?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, leven said:

News Updates regarding 2 actors.

Xu Wei Zhou flew back to Beijing today and will go back to university as new semester begins. A lot of fans waiting at the airport showed their support to Xu.

Huang Jin Yu attended Angelababy's birthday party and got an interview by host Zhang Da Da. Angel said Huang is so handsome.

Huang ranks NO 1 hot issues in Weibo today

Huang and Xu's interview at Netease attracted 3.5 millions viewers, breaking the record

Thanks for your update! How many more years of studies does WeiZhou have?

39 minutes ago, skeletonworks said:

WeiZhou's gif, GGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!! *melt* >_<

Johnny's thanking his IG followers for getting his IG past the 1 million mark. He's very happy and excited. He drew the heart shape many times before but some people told him that it looked more like a butt. xD

Edit: Maybe he's thinking of WeiZhou's butt???? 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, thoron said:

Btw guys, how about how to upload a video?

Just copy-paste the link to the vid and the link will change into video automatically (youtube, vimeo, instagram etc work). Quite interesting, actually! I had never found a forum with this feature before!

• Like 3