No one seems to have mentioned here but I've read yesterday from Baidu's YuZhou Tieba (百度瑜洲贴吧) that the necklace Zhou started wearing after he visited Shanghai actually belongs to JY's. They even provided a pic of JY wearing it in the web series. Zhou's still wearing now in his Jap trip. People who are interested may go dig up more. Not convenient for me to post pics.

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, aeislaeigh said:

YUZHOU MANIP

Credit:  yatinn_

CgnTedJU8AA94OC.jpg

I tried looking for the photo of @Ariodante's post but can't find it.. not sure if I was able to save but I've seen it before though... SIGH

I was like! F***! My day is complete! 

3 minutes ago, Addict_E said:

No one seems to have mentioned here but I've read yesterday from Baidu's YuZhou Tieba (百度瑜洲贴吧) that the necklace Zhou started wearing after he visited Shanghai actually belongs to JY's. They even provided a pic of JY wearing it in the web series. Zhou's still wearing now in his Jap trip. People who are interested may go dig up more. Not convenient for me to post pics.

Come on people! Let's dig for this! This is one hell of a shipping material!!! Sorry, too excited :( 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Addict_E said:

Since you brough it up...I think I've seen the exact necklace JY wore during the web series, because these past two days, I've a Addicted marathon...oh gonna watch it again tho. To confirm.

• Like 7

I don't want to take part in controversial topics but I  have to say something about this new topic coming up, I am not asking anyone to agree with me so if someone does not like my post please ignore it.

XWZ has talent but talent needs to be worked on, right now no one is working on it but everyone involved just wants to exploit his fame right now. It sounds bad but in entertainment what sells is more important to those "companies" CJD's company and even JY management.

Honestly JY might very well have made decision to separate himself from CP image because he is part of his own management but people forget to realize that making a decision is one thing and bearing its consequences another.

It is a completely rational decision on his part but does it mean it's not going to affect him. no sometimes we make decisions because we have to not because we want to.

I don't think JY voice is nice if he wants to be a singer he needs to work on it like ZZ. and if people in china like this type of music then ZZ will probably sing this type of songs (this song is written and produced by someone else)

As far as acting is concerned some think ZZ is better than JY and some think JY is better than ZZ. It is just matter of perspective, it is their first time acting they made people fall in love with their characters, and there were some scenes that made me cringe both ZZ and JY, some scenes were amazing.

It seems to me in cdramas from what i've seen anyone who can carry a tone will sing (i could be totally wrong)

Acting and Singing needs practice and dedication it is art that gets perfected over time. They both need time and practice Give Them Time. Don't be so harsh with your judgement.

I also wanted to thank xix19xix  for mentioning me it was a pleasant surprise since I am so new here. :)

Also wanted to thank everyone who invited me for chat when forum was closed.

• Like 17

1 hour ago, stillwater said:

I don't want to take part in controversial topics but I  have to say something about this new topic coming up, I am not asking anyone to agree with me so if someone does not like my post please ignore it.

XWZ has talent but talent needs to be worked on, right now no one is working on it but everyone involved just wants to exploit his fame right now. It sounds bad but in entertainment what sells is more important to those "companies" CJD's company and even JY management.

Honestly JY might very well have made decision to separate himself from CP image because he is part of his own management but people forget to realize that making a decision is one thing and bearing its consequences another.

It is a completely rational decision on his part but does it mean it's not going to affect him. no sometimes we make decisions sometimes because we have to not because we want to.

I don't think JY voice is nice if he wants to be a singer he needs to work on it like ZZ. and if people in china like this type of music then ZZ will probably sing this type of songs (this song is written and produced by someone else)

As far as acting is concerned some thing ZZ is better than JY and some think JY is better than ZZ. It is just matter of perspective, it is their first time acting they made people fall in love with their characters, and there were some scenes that made me cringe both ZZ and JY, some scenes were amazing.

It seems to me in cdramas from what i've seen anyone who can carry a tone will sing (i could be totally wrong)

Acting and Singing needs practice and dedication it is art that gets perfected over time. They both need time and practice Give Them Time. Don't be so harsh with your judgement.

No matter what, in time we have to live with the harsh reality that they will not be working together or even be seen together for a long, long time. I suspect most of us will continue to support them as individual artistes, although the way we show our support is different. Some of us will be more generous with our praises, others will exercise tough love. But we all want them to be successful.

But...

Spoiler

I think the bigger and more difficult question is, given that there won't be Season 2 and that it may take 8 years or even more for them to ever be seen together again, what should and where should this thread be? Should this thread be moved to the shippers forum, for example?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Addict_E said:

until now, i cant stop my delulu mind abt that necklace (and his new iphone), bcs first time i see it when ZhouZhou at shanghai airport heading to Harbin. lol

• Like 4

12 hours ago, tea4two said:

ZZ's new song in collaboration with Enlight's movie releasing in May.

I don't know what spell I'm under, but ZZ makes me smile like a high school guy in love for the first time. He is just too adorable!

HELP ME!! @.@

• Like 6

8 hours ago, gayyoxx said:

Haha, I also like the song. About the voice, ZZ's is generic, yeah. JY's more unique.

Hide contents

I agree that ZZ needs to train for his vocal, though. Hopefully by pushing his album to late May (?) he has the chance to make it better.

7 hours ago, akira1221oor said:

@htuvecila

and @guhai (for you share our POV in this matter)

Hide contents

Am I expecting too much? I really don't have an answer for this.

His first 2 songs were fine, if he could keep that up, it would be okay for his first album.

TBH, when his 3rd song, Moonlight, was out, I listened to it and my first reaction was " that's it?", but well, 1 not so good song in an album is acceptable, right?

Then that infamous  IRYE, seriously, I don't talk about the accused plagiarism aspect, But I wouldn't call that a song at all, it was an amateur attempt rather than a work of a professional and it was an English song for God's sake, his pronunciation still pains me every time I remember that song. But it's his first English song, okay, first try never perfect anyway, I lowered my standards. 

But his songs, damn it, why it only turns worse? And the theme for his album is all over the places. And his vocal T__T OTL does he really want to become a singer at all? If you close your eyes and don't let your fangirl/fanboy heart step in, will you feel like you're listening to a professional record? Will you buy it with your hard earned money. My answer is no. 

His acting skill is not that good either. But in a movie, he won't be alone, and he might just have a small role and he can learn from other seasoned actors. While recording a solo album, he only has himself to blame. Wish him luck

I love my bae, zhou. But i'm an honest person. His voice is still need more practice. I believe in the future, Zhou will be a great singer.

Actually i'm quite surprise when he sang dust live at the award show. Because his voice wasn't that good *sorryzhou*. I think he's nervous but he will keep improving :)

I hope he stick to pop song because rock doesn't suit his voice that much.

I like walk slowly the most. And i haven't heard his song, light.

Like a singer from Indonesia, BCL, she was an actress and sang an ost for her movie. The 1st time she was singing, her voice was terrible but now i like her voice and songs.

Jingyu has the potential to become a singer, but like zhou, he need more practice. And more practice in dance and draw hahaha

• Like 16

Spoiler

Hmm, some people here have already criticized ZZ's singing ability/career when he hasn't even released his album yet. Dust and Walk Slowly are good songs, and his management will definitely exploit his popularity right now to get his name out there even if the rest of the songs in the album are not up to par with people's expectations. You've got to remember that the chinese industry is really big. Being a good singer is one thing and getting your name out there is another. If ZZ's management will delay his album to better train him, the hype surrounding him will die down and he will have a harder time launching his singing career. As long as there's at least one decent song in the album (I'm personally fine with Walk Slowly), it's gonna be okay. 

However, I agree that his singing ability aren't really outstanding. In the recently released live version of Walk Slowly, he was out of tune a few times but not to the point that it was hard to listen to. I'll let it pass since he is a newcomer and he might still be nervous. When it comes to dancing though, I think he's better in it than singing. I just don't know how he'll incorporate it with his singing career as I think the Chinese public doesn't really care about dancing; only teens will care. Ultimately, it's up to him and his management to decide which type of audience he will target and hone his skills based on that. 

• Like 18

1 hour ago, Oline Oline said:

I love my bae, zhou. But i'm an honest person. His voice is still need more practice. I believe in the future, Zhou will be a great singer.

Actually i'm quite surprise when he sang dust live at the award show. Because his voice wasn't that good *sorryzhou*. I think he's nervous but he will keep improving :)

I hope he stick to pop song because rock doesn't suit his voice that much.

I like walk slowly the most. And i haven't heard his song, light.

Like a singer from Indonesia, BCL, she was an actress and sang an ost for her movie. The 1st time she was singing, her voice was terrible but now i like her voice and songs.

Jingyu has the potential to become a singer, but like zhou, he need more practice. And more practice in dance and draw hahaha

I agree with this. It's like you're taking the words out of my mouth. I've been a fan of rock and metal songs, but his voice just doesn't cut it for me. And he's well on his way to be a pop idol, so doing rock/metal songs won't suit much, will it? He really needs to work on his live performances. I like Dust the most but for Walk Slowly, maybe because of my attachment to the webseries. 

JY on the other hand, at this rate he can only be a member of boyband with that singing ability (he's giving me Wu Chun (from Fahrenheit) vibe - good looks, voice can be really soothing to listen to but vocal range... bleh). Can't stand strong on his own yet as a solo artiste unless he takes more vocal lessons etc. And oh he can always dance super awkwardly hehe he's actually very awkwardly adorable. Some people just have two left feet, and plus if he were to focus on ballads, good dancing ability isn't very necessary. Work on the vocals first, then work on other things.

Let's be real, he can just stand on the stage and no one cares whether he can dance or not when he looks THAT good.

Spoiler

And about BCL, indeed she wasn't a good singer then when she first started but she became increasingly good (she is one of my fave Indonesian singers, her songs are really nice!) so I'm hoping that ZZ's singing ability will get better in time, and that people won't give up on him just yet (in case his debut album, for some reason, *touch wood* flops).

edit :: @skeletonworks yo help your fellow countryman here, what app are you using to check whether they're online on WB? Pretty please, thanks :D

• Like 13

Guest skeletonworks

So last night I installed this app that notify you if Johnny or Zhouzhou are online. Big mistake. It makes me go even more delulu -_- I saw Johnny was online at 2:33 am. Then since morning, they have been online almost at the same time like Johnny will be online first then around 10 mins later Zhouzhou is online. But this???! At exactly the same time?!!! Is this app legit???!!

sxsUFje.jpg

imgR4vJ.jpg

12 minutes ago, skeletonworks said:

So last night I installed this app that notify you if Johnny or Zhouzhou are online. Big mistake. It makes me go even more delulu -_- I saw Johnny was online at 2:33 am. Then since morning, they have been online almost at the same time like Johnny will be online first then around 10 mins later Zhouzhou is online. But this???! At exactly the same time?!!! Is this app legit???!!

It's very common for them to be online at the same time, fans would have expected them to at least be on weibo at the same time once in a day.

Also, it's very well-known how the insomniac JY didn't go on weibo at late night when he's in the same place as ZZ :phew: which leads to more delulu thoughts for delulu fans.

• Like 22

47 minutes ago, xix19xix said:

No matter what, in time we have to live with the harsh reality that they will not be working together or even be seen together for a long, long time. I suspect most of us will continue to support them as individual artistes, although the way we show our support is different. Some of us will be more generous in our support, others will exercise tough love. But we all want them to be successful.

But...

Hide contents

I think the bigger and more difficult question is, given that there won't be Season 2 and that it may take 8 years or even more for them to ever be seen together again, what should and where should this thread be? Should this thread be moved to the shippers forum, for example?

For me I would have liked it if we had  edited season 2 (I do not agree with rape or kidnapping no matter how much people try to rationalize it) or to see them together in another show. I liked the show because of its portrayal of innocent first love and leads (this is the first BL show I have ever watched) .

But I do not ship them in real life I see them more as best friends or bros (If they are or will be in relationship in future I am all for it)

I think they both are really strong individual's ZZ more than JY. I mean with JY it's always written on his face when he is having hard time because he express it in some way be it by singing a song or his expressions. He's shows more openly so earns more sympathy (I am not saying that's a bad thing) its hard to express yourself like that.

But ZZ he has had more trouble than others but always faced with a smile he's had such harsh criticism like plagiarism scandal, eye surgery, etc (he always got attacked personally) but he's always handled it with grace and smile and he's only 22. So I already though he was good looking, talented etc but his attitude toward everything earned my respect

And according to Thai MC's interview ZZ/CW/FS were like  "to heck with this and we'll see what happens" that attitude made me smile. That's why I am more generous right now because they got thrown into this with a banned series that means people who support them now might not have seen the full series (I am talking about fans in China) that is a huge pressure already along with everything else.

So I might not ship them in real like but I still like reading about it (that might not make sense but its true it's like) Fans here are so unique and different but everyone gets along. Hence the reason I follow his thread.

what should and where should this thread be? Should this thread be moved to the shippers forum, for example?

If the series didn't even finish can we still consider the thread related to series- It started with the series but Addicted to me has become synonymous with ZZ/JY and FS/CW so why move it to shippers forum because not everyone ships them together in real like but accepts people who do. That's why fans here are unique.

It will also depend on people - I admire these 4 individual and their personalities so I wish best for them. I came out of my lurker mode when everything went bad so if I can support them during the worse time then I will always support them during better time (cause their position is still shaky).  

I actually believe once they get established themselves as something other than related to Addicted they will work together we just have to wait (You can already see it from the way they got casted together). So they just need to focus on their individual work.

And someone mentioned if Enlight takes ZZ then CJD might get more resources if it means CW/FS will get more exposure I hope that will happen.

This is one long post before it  gets longer i'll stop here. But I do hope it somewhat answered your question, if not let me know.:sweatingbullets:

• Like 21

4 minutes ago, IMOmusings said:

In the novel, there's a part after Aunt Zhou has some trouble from local thugs where we see ZZ's mom talking to some people. Does that ever appear in the drama?

Nope, it was slightly changed in the drama

• Like 2

@Oline Oline 

XWZ's voice doesn't have that wow factor, you know, you don't just listen to his singing and get stunned, or get goosebumps or something like that, he can't hit the crazy high note, his breath control when singing isn't good either. His voice, at most, is what I'd say kinda ear-catchy? easy to listen to. He needs serious practice. 

And have you listened to HJY's singing on changba? LOL, sometime I had to turn it off or I'd die laughing, seriously, his voice is nice and all but he seemed to hate the melody very much, he couldn't be together with it for 1/10 sec. Well, he needs even more serious practice. But his case is more serious than XWZ, because it's not only technique he needs to improve on, there are things you have to be born with, or else you'll never learn.

@seungrihyung 

Even though his official album hasn't been released yet, there are official records of those songs on weibo that we can listen to. So it's not like groundless criticism. 

And yes, they have to utilize his popularity atm, hence the rushed album, we can understand but we only can take it to a certain level, if it turns out to be something too much under the expectation, it'll do him more harm than good, especially considering his position now. 

• Like 13