26 minutes ago, alvinboi said:

Oh gosh. Now this feels like some horror segment with a dancing Satan doll in the background! *shiver* Anyway, I guess JY & ZZ were playing with the doll and the clock in between shots. Also, the clock might be flipped down to avoid showing the time lapse in between their NGs. Oh gosh... Those NGs...

You all have to remember, this was also the same scene where the "loving head pat" ZZ made was from. Meaning that in between takes, JY accidentally banged his head on the bedpost knocking the dolls and the satan doll.

Realize that in these cases, since all bed scenes were made in a rush and all scenes requiring such were shot consecutively since all scenes were made in 23 days of shooting, there's a need to change outfits a bit. And in that sense, the unseemingly blooper outfit changes were not checked well.

There is also a scene later on which involves LY playing with the doll. So he did misplace it somewhat.

Note: 

It's a bit unsettling all of you are calling it as a Satan doll. It's a Baby Hellboy action figure, moreso in line with the second Hellboy movie. Which can infer that the props men are nerds, and know their popular culture. Plus Hellboy is all about breaking prejudices and stereotypes - which essentially the LY-GH love story do. Kudos propsmen.

• Like 16

1 hour ago, hitokiri genki said:

You all have to remember, this was also the same scene where the "loving head pat" ZZ made was from. Meaning that in between takes, JY accidentally banged his head on the bedpost knocking the dolls and the satan doll.

Realize that in these cases, since all bed scenes were made in a rush and all scenes requiring such were shot consecutively since all scenes were made in 23 days of shooting, there's a need to change outfits a bit. And in that sense, the unseemingly blooper outfit changes were not checked well.

There is also a scene later on which involves LY playing with the doll. So he did misplace it somewhat.

Note: 

It's a bit unsettling all of you are calling it as a Satan doll. It's a Baby Hellboy action figure, moreso in line with the second Hellboy movie. Which can infer that the props men are nerds, and know their popular culture. Plus Hellboy is all about breaking prejudices and stereotypes - which essentially the LY-GH love story do. Kudos propsmen.

It's not the same scene that contains the "loving head pat". The "loving head pat" scene is in Episode 14. The scene where I mentioned is the Hepatitis B scene which is on Episode 12. By the way, LY didn't misplace the doll at all. That scene in Episode 14 where GH banged his head on the bedpost, BLY patted GH's head and BLY played with the doll doesn't have any blooper

Err... I'm sorry for calling it as a satan doll. I don't know about that kind of thing so I just called it as a satan doll since it looks like... satan? O_o I don't mean it as an offend, of course. It's all purely because of me not knowing that fact.

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, liesl said:

It's not the same scene that contains the "loving head pat". The "loving head pat" scene is in Episode 14. The scene where I mentioned is the Hepatitis B scene which is on Episode 12.

Err... I'm sorry for calling it as a satan doll. I don't know about that kind of thing so I just called it as a satan doll since it looks like... satan? O_o I don't mean it as an offend, of course. It's all purely because of me not knowing that fact.

What I meant was all "scenes" - involving the same bed, were shot consecutively. Which meant all scenes in the bed most probably occured in the same day, hence that " loving pat scene" may have occurred before or after shooting that particular scene. Hence, the  misplacement.

I think CJD stated before that they shot all outside scenes first (also in order to prevent both ZZ and JY to be sick, since it was winter back then in November), and then shot the indoor scenes. And JY also reiterated that all indoor intense sweet scenes were shot first. Technically, the first "scene" that were shot were all of the school scenes though. Which in retrospect we all saw that the school scenes lacked "intensity" in interactions as much as the later shots which maybe included the bed scenes.

i still think the last scene that were shot outside was the car scene: hence JY was more intense then in kissing. And the last scene shot indoors was the part where "LY took advantage first" when GH was drunk scene - making both scenes later in chronological sense and emotionally filled.

• Like 11

6 hours ago, pureblade said:

Wow great insight here. Very much agree with you. I'll expound a bit on ZZ here because i can somewhat relate to the personality we observe from him. There is certain factor in the personality of musicians. My father is one …He's a psychologist but he plays the piano, guitar and the flute…and i studied music on the side in university and play guitar. Although not much is expressed towards strangers or aquaintances we tend to feel deeply and have intense and passionate feelings towards things that connect to us in an invaluable way. 

There is the mens uno interview clip where you can see the gaze ZZ gives when JY asks what ZZ best feature was. Look at that gaze… you will see that gives away more than the emotions that come with answering that question. So while it may be harder to read him, trust me when i say when he feels ge feels very deeply. There is a high possibility that in this connection that they have he is way more passionate than JY.… it's just that we are not given the priveledge to see it in all its glory.

Im back in the hinterlands so for a while my posts are going to be sloppy so i ask for forgiveness in advance!

Taking from what you've said about ZZ, may I expound on JY a bit? I've always believed that JY's "over confidence" of himself is an act. Yes, he does have confidence in himself, but the blatant 'bragging' that he tends towards in interviews is all for show. He has admitted that he doesn't like big crowds and being forced to interact with a lot of people (see Franco-Sino party). I don't think it's because he is not confident, but because he feels he has a hard time expressing himself appropriately. As a model, he hasn't had to worry about that so much, but now that he has branched into acting he does need to think about how he expresses himself, so he is even more cautious.

This being said, I truly believe that whatever it is between JY & ZZ, ZZ instigated it. Even if JY's feelings are 'more' than ZZ's, I find it hard to believe that JY was the first to express whatever feelings he had. As a musician (and a balanced Libra) ZZ is more comfortable expressing himself in general. Whether ZZ noticed something in JY's actions or expressed his own personal feelings, whatever it is, ZZ had to of made some expression first to give JY the 'confidence' to express himself. Once given the green light from ZZ, only then, was JY able to allow himself to 'feel' and express himself, both consciously and subconsciously.

@pureblade  Take care of yourself sweetie. We love having you around here. :wub:

• Like 16

3 minutes ago, sohocomo said:

Taking from what you've said about ZZ, may I expound on JY a bit? I've always believed that JY's "over confidence" of himself is an act. Yes, he does have confidence in himself, but the blatant 'bragging' that he tends towards in interviews is all for show. He has admitted that he doesn't like big crowds and being forced to interact with a lot of people (see Franco-Sino party). I don't think it's because he is not confident, but because he feels he has a hard time expressing himself appropriately. As a model, he hasn't had to worry about that so much, but now that he has branched into acting he does need to think about how he expresses himself, so he is even more cautious.

This being said, I truly believe that whatever it is between JY & ZZ, ZZ instigated it. Even if JY's feelings are 'more' than ZZ's, I find it hard to believe that JY was the first to express whatever feelings he had. As a musician (and a balanced Libra) ZZ is more comfortable expressing himself in general. Whether ZZ noticed something in JY's actions or expressed his own personal feelings, whatever it is, ZZ had to of made some expression first to give JY the 'confidence' to express himself. Once given the green light from ZZ, only then, was JY able to allow himself to 'feel' and express himself, both consciously and subconsciously.

@pureblade  Take care of yourself sweetie. We love having you around here. :wub:

Zhouzhou is a Libra. Jingyu is a Sagittarian.

People born under the sign of Libra are peaceful and fair, and they hate being alone. Partnership is very important for Libra -born, and with their victorious mentality and cooperation, they cannot stand to be alone. The Libra is an Air sign, with expressed intellect and a keen mind. They can be inspired by good books, insurmountable discussions and interesting people.

The ruling planet of Libra is Venus, who is a lover of beautiful things, so the quality is always more important than the quantity for people born under the Libra sign. They are often surrounded by art, music and beautiful places. They are cooperative by nature, so they often work in teams.

Libra is fascinated by the balance and symmetry. Libra-born prefer justice and equality, and they cannot tolerate injustice. They avoid indulging in all types of conflicts and prefer to keep the peace, where this is possible. They like to do everything in pairs and not alone.

The biggest problem for Libra-born, is when they are forced to choose sides, because they are very indecisive and sometimes they forget that they have their own opinion.

Curious and energetic, Sagittarius is one of the biggest travelers among all zodiac signs. Their open mind and philosophical view motivates them to wander around the world in search of the meaning of life.

Sagittarius is extrovert, optimistic and enthusiastic, and likes changes. Sagittarius-born are able to transform their thoughts into concrete actions and they will do anything to achieve their goals.

Like the other fire signs, Sagittarius needs to be constantly in touch with the world to experience as much as possible. The ruling planet of Sagittarius is Jupiter, the largest planet of the zodiac. Their enthusiasm has no bounds, and therefore people born under the Sagittarius sign possess a great sense of humor and an intense curiosity.

Freedom is their greatest treasure, because only then they can freely travel and explore different cultures and philosophies. Because of their honesty, Sagittarius-born are often impatient and tactless when they need to say or do something, so it's important to learn to express themselves in a tolerant and socially acceptable way.

This may explain a bit about JY's need for freedom and bein melancholic all the time. ( As a fellow Sagittarian, this is mostly mostly true) and ZZ's balance in all things concerning him and JY.

Compatibility Though? Librans and Sagittarians are almost a perfect match.

Sagittarius is a very spontaneous and adventurous partner, who will bring out these same traits in you where other partners might not. You'll be drawn to your partners passion, intensity and spontaneity - in a word, Sagittarius's are fun!

To start off with the things you have in common: you both tend to be very outgoing, charismatic and extraverted. You probably have your Sagittarius beat in these (you're generally the most sociable of all the signs) but not by a large margin. You both tend to be flirtatious on occasion.

You both enjoy excitement and adventure, you're both optimistic, and both tend to avoid confrontation where possible. Neither of you are afraid of it when it's unavoidable however. 

Moving on to the differences between you: You tend to take a lot of care with your appearance, whereas your Sagittarius is far more 'rough and ready'. A fresh t-shirt and they're often ready to go! They typically wont share your interest in any extended preening sessions, no matter how awesome the end result may be!

Along similar lines, money may be an issue in this relationship. Being classy and sophisticated can get expensive, as can maintaining an extensive and fashionable wardrobe. While your Sagittarius certainly isn't the frugal type, they typically prefer to 'enjoy' their money, and buying new shoes or clothes typically doesn't come under that category for them. 

One interesting aspect of this match is that you tend to be the most diplomatic of all the signs, while Sagittarius is fairly legendary for being blunt and direct. You have a very similar sense of humor however, and this difference is likely to be a source of amusement rather than the dented ego which it can lead to with many other partners.

Sagittarians place a high value on their independence and freedom, and you'll find you're probably ready to make a commitment long before your partner is. On the positive side of this, once a Sagittarius commits it usually means they've totally fallen in love - they don't do it on a whim like some folks might. They sometimes get a bad reputation in this area, but don't confuse a reluctance to take the plunge with not taking things seriously once they do.

Libra is typically an exceptionally attractive, outgoing and optimistic partner. All traits you enjoy and appreciate. Meanwhile they'll be drawn to your passion, intensity and spontaneity - there will be an immediate attraction in this match. 

To start off with the things you have in common: you both tend to be very outgoing, charismatic and extraverted. Your Libra probably has you beat in these areas (they're the most social of all the signs) but not by a large margin. You both tend to be flirtatious on occasion.

You both enjoy excitement and adventure, you're both optimistic and both tend to avoid confrontation where possible. Neither of you are afraid of it when it's unavoidable however. 

Moving on to the differences between you: Libras tend to take a lot of care about their appearance. This is a classy partner who always likes to look their best. You tend to be much more versatile in this area, so don't be surprised if you're always ready to go out an hour before they are...

Along similar lines, money may be an issue in this relationship. Being classy and sophisticated can get expensive, as can maintaining an extensive and fashionable wardrobe. While you certainly aren't the frugal type, you do typically prefer to enjoy your money, and buying new shoes probably won't be your first choice of a good time!

Conversations will never be dull, and one interesting aspect of this relationship is that you tend to be the most blunt (honest!) communicator of the zodiac, while your Libra tends to be the most diplomatic. You have a very similar sense of humor and this difference is likely to be a source of amusement for years to come. 

You place a high value on your independence and freedom, and as with most other partners you'll probably find that your Libra wants to make a commitment before you're quite ready to give one.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, hitokiri genki said:

What I meant was all "scenes" - involving the same bed, were shot consecutively. Which meant all scenes in the bed most probably occured in the same day, hence that " loving pat scene" may have occurred before or after shooting that particular scene. Hence, the  misplacement.

I think CJD stated before that they shot all outside scenes first (also in order to prevent both ZZ and JY to be sick, since it was winter back then in November), and then shot the indoor scenes. And JY also reiterated that all indoor intense sweet scenes were shot first. Technically, the first "scene" that were shot were all of the school scenes though. Which in retrospect we all saw that the school scenes lacked "intensity" in interactions as much as the later shots which maybe included the bed scenes.

i still think the last scene that were shot outside was the car scene: hence JY was more intense then in kissing. And the last scene shot indoors was the part where "LY took advantage first" when GH was drunk scene - making both scenes later in chronological sense and emotionally filled.

I don't think the misplacement happened because of the "loving pat scene". The props (dolls, picture frames, tissue box) and the placement of the props on the bed that's in the "loving pat scene" is not the same with the Hepatitis B bed scene. ZZ couldn't possibly "misplace" it because the way they placed the props (and the props itself) is already different after all. For example, in the hepatitis B scene the green clock was placed on top of the bed and in the "loving pat scene" the green clock was not used anymore. I found it interesting that the props always changed and also changed its position every time JY and ZZ were in different bed scenes. The blooper that happened in the particular scene that I mentioned is actually a pretty common blooper that I found almost all the time watching movies and dramas. They need to shoot one scene lots of times for different camera angles and it occurs often that they forgot some tiny details like props placement and things like that.

I hope you don't think that I'm complaining about the props misplacement and all. I mean, I fully understand why the bloopers occurred and I'm not even a tad bit annoyed by it. I just feel amused watching the bloopers and that's why I wrote about it.

I think the last outside scene could be the rooftop scene since Johnny posted on his weibo with a picture of him and ZZ on the rooftop saying that he doesn't want it to end. :lol: But I agree that the drunk scene is definitely filmed near the end if not the end since it was so intense. :wub:

• Like 9

From ZZ's Beijing Newsfun Interview:

1) Why did ZZ look a little shy when he was asked who is his favourite Chinese actress? Would he have a similar expression if he was asked who is his favourite actor, I wonder.
2) ZZ’s hand wave is kinda similar to a Neko cat :)

Yiruma’s River Flows in You is a beautiful composition and I’m glad that ZZ chose to play the song although I wished he had time to play it in full. There’s just something about watching good-looking guys playing the guitar so effortlessly =)

Here is a version by talented Korean guitarist Sungha Jung....he played the song quite beautifully.

• Like 5

Finally found the XinJinBao article I was looking for:
http://www.bjnews.com.cn/ent/2016/03/25/398145.html

I saw the screenshot of it at the baidu thread before it was deleted yesterday. Btw, not the forum mods deleted it but baidu, reason is too many ads, now they're trying to get it back by applying for it.

Ok, I was really interested in the XinJinBao article because it describe a bit when what scenes were filmed first. And the article said that ZZ propose to sleep together which raised my eyebrows cause I thought CJD made them to. Unfortunately there was no video so dunno if it's true or not. But I think maybe CJD propose it and ZZ tell JY, yes, let's sleep together first. 

Let me reread it in detail. 

• Like 14

11 hours ago, palz4u said:

More of Zhouzhou.. He is awesome... just love him...:wub: 

Please need help with translations....

Good morning~ Here's the translations for both videos:

Xin Jing Bao Trending Actors Interview

Spoiler

Hello everyone. I'm Xu WeiZhou. I'm at Xin Jing Bao, Trending Actors.

Xu WeiZhou

Born on 20th October 1994, in China, Shanghai. Mainland Chinese actor, singer. October 2015: Took part in youth film, 电竞 Dian Jing Ye Feng Kuang. January 2016: Started his acting career with a lead acting role in a school BL web series, Addicted. He had formed a music band before and will be releasing his solo album soon.

Interview Segment

Q: If you have a superpower, what do you wish you can do?

Z: Fly!

Q: What animal do you think you are similar to?

Z: Meow!

Q: What's the special trait that you like about the opposite gender?

Z: *repeating the question* Sensible (or having a mature thinking).

Q: Which Mainland Chinese female actress do you like the most?

Z: Mainland Chinese female actress… Chi Ling Jie Jie (“sister”, a seniority honorific).

Q: What will you do if you mingle or interact with people whom you dislike?

Z: I will not pay attention on him (gender unspecified).

Q: Which part of your body do you like the most?

Z: Nose.

Q: As an actor, what do you think is your greatest strength?

Z: Being witty.

Q: What do you fear the most?

Z: Fearless.

Q: Do you like Er Ci Yuan (I.e. media presented in 2-dimensional format)?

Z: I like it. I watch anime. (Hehehe)

Music Segment

Hello everyone. I’m Xu WeiZhou. Today, I’ll be presenting this song, “River Flows In You”, to everyone.

*beautiful acoustic*

*melt*

*dying*

*this is all?*

*sigh*

Thank you~

*thank you too*

Edit:

2:40

Hello. Those who see me here (at the end of the video) are my true fans. Love you all!

Sohu Newface Interview

Spoiler

2:05

Yes, one single has been released every week. Mid-next month, my album will be officially released.

3:50

Back then, I just went for it and took up the role in Addicted. I didn’t think about things like gaining popularity. Now, things are progressing in a way, just like how a boat is pushed in the direction of the river current, doing what I want to achieve. The thing I want to do now is to produce and release a music album. I’ll be acting in a production (drama or movie, unspecified) next month. Yea, everything is being done step-by-step…

• Like 13

40 minutes ago, hitokiri genki said:

Zhouzhou is a Libra. Jingyu is a Sagittarian.

People born under the sign of Libra are peaceful and fair, and they hate being alone. Partnership is very important for Libra -born, and with their victorious mentality and cooperation, they cannot stand to be alone. The Libra is an Air sign, with expressed intellect and a keen mind. They can be inspired by good books, insurmountable discussions and interesting people.

The ruling planet of Libra is Venus, who is a lover of beautiful things, so the quality is always more important than the quantity for people born under the Libra sign. They are often surrounded by art, music and beautiful places. They are cooperative by nature, so they often work in teams.

Libra is fascinated by the balance and symmetry. Libra-born prefer justice and equality, and they cannot tolerate injustice. They avoid indulging in all types of conflicts and prefer to keep the peace, where this is possible. They like to do everything in pairs and not alone.

The biggest problem for Libra-born, is when they are forced to choose sides, because they are very indecisive and sometimes they forget that they have their own opinion.

Curious and energetic, Sagittarius is one of the biggest travelers among all zodiac signs. Their open mind and philosophical view motivates them to wander around the world in search of the meaning of life.

Sagittarius is extrovert, optimistic and enthusiastic, and likes changes. Sagittarius-born are able to transform their thoughts into concrete actions and they will do anything to achieve their goals.

Like the other fire signs, Sagittarius needs to be constantly in touch with the world to experience as much as possible. The ruling planet of Sagittarius is Jupiter, the largest planet of the zodiac. Their enthusiasm has no bounds, and therefore people born under the Sagittarius sign possess a great sense of humor and an intense curiosity.

Freedom is their greatest treasure, because only then they can freely travel and explore different cultures and philosophies. Because of their honesty, Sagittarius-born are often impatient and tactless when they need to say or do something, so it's important to learn to express themselves in a tolerant and socially acceptable way.

This may explain a bit about JY's need for freedom and bein melancholic all the time. ( As a fellow Sagittarian, this is mostly mostly true) and ZZ's balance in all things concerning him and JY.

Compatibility Though? Librans and Sagittarians are almost a perfect match.

Sagittarius is a very spontaneous and adventurous partner, who will bring out these same traits in you where other partners might not. You'll be drawn to your partners passion, intensity and spontaneity - in a word, Sagittarius's are fun!

To start off with the things you have in common: you both tend to be very outgoing, charismatic and extraverted. You probably have your Sagittarius beat in these (you're generally the most sociable of all the signs) but not by a large margin. You both tend to be flirtatious on occasion.

You both enjoy excitement and adventure, you're both optimistic, and both tend to avoid confrontation where possible. Neither of you are afraid of it when it's unavoidable however. 

Moving on to the differences between you: You tend to take a lot of care with your appearance, whereas your Sagittarius is far more 'rough and ready'. A fresh t-shirt and they're often ready to go! They typically wont share your interest in any extended preening sessions, no matter how awesome the end result may be!

Along similar lines, money may be an issue in this relationship. Being classy and sophisticated can get expensive, as can maintaining an extensive and fashionable wardrobe. While your Sagittarius certainly isn't the frugal type, they typically prefer to 'enjoy' their money, and buying new shoes or clothes typically doesn't come under that category for them. 

One interesting aspect of this match is that you tend to be the most diplomatic of all the signs, while Sagittarius is fairly legendary for being blunt and direct. You have a very similar sense of humor however, and this difference is likely to be a source of amusement rather than the dented ego which it can lead to with many other partners.

Sagittarians place a high value on their independence and freedom, and you'll find you're probably ready to make a commitment long before your partner is. On the positive side of this, once a Sagittarius commits it usually means they've totally fallen in love - they don't do it on a whim like some folks might. They sometimes get a bad reputation in this area, but don't confuse a reluctance to take the plunge with not taking things seriously once they do.

Libra is typically an exceptionally attractive, outgoing and optimistic partner. All traits you enjoy and appreciate. Meanwhile they'll be drawn to your passion, intensity and spontaneity - there will be an immediate attraction in this match. 

To start off with the things you have in common: you both tend to be very outgoing, charismatic and extraverted. Your Libra probably has you beat in these areas (they're the most social of all the signs) but not by a large margin. You both tend to be flirtatious on occasion.

You both enjoy excitement and adventure, you're both optimistic and both tend to avoid confrontation where possible. Neither of you are afraid of it when it's unavoidable however. 

Moving on to the differences between you: Libras tend to take a lot of care about their appearance. This is a classy partner who always likes to look their best. You tend to be much more versatile in this area, so don't be surprised if you're always ready to go out an hour before they are...

Along similar lines, money may be an issue in this relationship. Being classy and sophisticated can get expensive, as can maintaining an extensive and fashionable wardrobe. While you certainly aren't the frugal type, you do typically prefer to enjoy your money, and buying new shoes probably won't be your first choice of a good time!

Conversations will never be dull, and one interesting aspect of this relationship is that you tend to be the most blunt (honest!) communicator of the zodiac, while your Libra tends to be the most diplomatic. You have a very similar sense of humor and this difference is likely to be a source of amusement for years to come. 

You place a high value on your independence and freedom, and as with most other partners you'll probably find that your Libra wants to make a commitment before you're quite ready to give one.

I love that you went into that!!! In fact, after I posted earlier I got to thinking - "Has anyone done a chart on these two?" I haven't thrown a chart in years, but I just had to. I did a rough, abbreviated (only through Saturn) look. I haven't fully analyzed it yet, but a couple of points, looking at specifically the "love signs."

1) Most of the "good" aspects come from ZZ to JY. Not that everything is good, nor is everything bad from JY to ZZ, but overall the most positive aspects are ZZ to JY so far.

2) Passion, passion, passion - these boys' charts are lined up for some very intense interactions. ( As I analyze deeper, this might be counterbalanced, but the short view is 'hubba hubba.')

3) ZZ is the teacher in this relationship. He may be younger and have less experience in relationship matters, but he is the one who takes the lead and teaches the important lessons. The biggest question is will JY learn?

4) For every negative aspect, there is a positive one that says "always." These boys are joined together at the hip. Even if something does come between them, it will be short lived and they will be "forced" back together by the fates. 

5) I'm having way too much fun with this. I haven't been this invested in a "couple" ever!

For reference:

JY: sun-sagittarius, moon-aquarius (same as mine!), mercury-scorpio, venus-capricorn (oh, the hesitancy), mars-cancer, jupiter-libra, saturn-aquarius

ZZ: sun-libra, moon-taurus, mercury-libra, venus-virgo (wishy-washy answers on 'types'), mars-leo, jupiter-scorpio (this boy is hiding a lot of feelings), saturn-pisces

Disclaimer: I've always viewed astrology as a road map. Nothing is concrete or perfect, but if we have an idea as to what to look for, we can be ready for when it strikes!

• Like 15

10 hours ago, gayyoxx said:

As what others have said: I also feel the same. ZZ behaves differently when he is with JY.

It's just like us in our ordinary life. We have this face that I call "public face" and this one reserved to close friends and loved ones that I call as "private face". Rambling about these two faces and their applications to JY-ZZ as follow:

Reveal hidden contents

JY's "public face" is his "I am handsome, alpha male" and at times, boisterous face. ZZ's "public face" is his cute, bubbly, smiley face. For some girls/women and most men, like me, ZZ's public face is more approachable but I guess most girls and ladies like the "bad boy vibe" from JY's public face.

Private face usually reserved at environment that we feel secure and to people we trust. Essentially, we drop our guard and showing what we really feel, who we really are. In my opinion, the example of JY's private face is the "three seconds smile" at ELLEMEN promotional video. The other is when he sang the ending part of Walk Slowly during fan meeting. The example of ZZ's private face is when JY unexpectedly grabbed his hand while singing Walk Slowly in fan meeting. His smile at that time was very radiant, brighter than his usual smile.

We might see that JY is more "loving" to ZZ than ZZ to JY because, in my opinion, JY has huge gap between his "public" and "private" faces. He has one standard for public and another, totally different, standard for ZZ. Like someone pointed a couple of pages ago, JY opened ZZ's canned drink while ZZ's hands were free to do so. He also showed jealousy when ZZ talked about Gogoing, evident in Men's UNO QA, etc. These small gestures I believe are special, reserved for ZZ only (well, at least, at this moment are for ZZ only). That is why, it is relatively easy for us to spot them. These gestures only exist when JY is with ZZ.

ZZ, otoh, has same standard for his "public" and "private" faces. The difference is, his "private" face is more intense than his "public" one. Case study: during fan meeting, ZZ always smiled charmingly, but there were times when he sang with JY that his expression became more intense. I could see his longing, care and, in my opinion, love there. Contrast that to when he sang Ten Years for his one million weibo fans. He was still charming and smiling, but his expression was on lower level of intensity than during the fan meeting. If it is possible to say, when singing Ten Years, ZZ was charming but listless. Another case: ZZ is a person who like to touch his friends. He touches CW and FS too. But notices how intense his face is when he touches JY during the end of fan meeting when they sang Meteor Garden (and JY cried) and when he touches FS a moment later (when FS cried). I observe a different level of intensity there.

Since the type of gestures are the same, the ones that we can use to differentiate ZZ's "public" and "private" faces are things which can intensify human's expression: smile and gaze. That is why, there are lots of people here agreeing with Cynnamin's observation about "something is gone" from ZZ when he is not with JY, although I'd say, "something is increased/multiplied when he is with JY" instead.

While we are lucky to have JY-FB as comparison to JY-ZZ, we don't have ZZ interacting with someone else as comparison to JY-ZZ. Maybe Korean fans have videos of ZZ-CW as comparison?

Good points brought out. I agree with what you have said, everyone has a mask that we wear as we meet people that we shed as we get to know them. I have noticed that those who are more bubbly and outgoing tend to be intense people that when you get to know them, you become surprise by what is shown. Jingyu is the type that is quiet and intense intially but as soon as you get him out of that zone, you will see another side to him.

• Like 4

I translated one part of the XinJinBao's article(only the part I'm more interested):
http://www.bjnews.com.cn/ent/2016/03/25/398145.html

This interview is together with the new video btw.

-----------------------------------------------------

"Going for one take"(when filming)

Save costs and good for both sides

Going for 1 take! Yes, this was very important when filming "Addicted"! Because not only to save costs and time, most JY & ZZ's intimate scenes were filmed after JY & ZZ entered the set in 1 week. "Before filming, we were absolute strangers. The crew gave us 1 week to get familiar with each other before starting, but it was only a week, how to be that familiar? I told him, then let's sleep together first. The first week of filming was the scenes at GH's house. That means, most scenes are intimate scenes and the most intimate scenes are filmed at that time." I(I think it's the reporter here) ask him(ZZ): "Then are you embarrassed?" He shrugged: "Just go all out!"

XuWeiZhou told me with great pride: "Our passionate scenes are mostly 1 take, sometimes there would be laughing fits, but most are 1 go, 1 take is good for everyone, haha!" In the interview, one would notice that XuWeuZhou's personality is really different from BLY, this question is asked by a lot of ppl and his official answer is especially consistant, "JingYu is actually very suitable for this character, but me? My own personality is quite a big difference with BLY. BLY is a rather cold person, I'm not particularly cold."

"Not very cold (person)" is the standard answer by XuWeiZhou, maybe this is the saying that he thinks is the most appropriate. But when we were chatting quite high, he also told me that he's rather "dorky", But his "dorkiness”has maintained the innocence of his natural personality. Facing so many reporters and fans suddenly, his way is to express his true self. After a series of interviews, being asked if there was any interesting or awkward stuff during filming, his first reaction is: "You mean passionate scenes?" After he said it, XuWeiZhou's accompanying staff tremble a bit. But he was particularly relaxed and casual, with just a few sentences, he naturally pass to the next question. When I was discussing the passionate scenes of filming "Addicted", his staff said not to ask too detailed or say too much, at this time, XuWeiZhou would be very nice and say: "It's alright, we are just chatting casually."

Maybe a lot of ppl would fantasize if, XuWeiZhou would act as GH, what will it be like? But XuWeiZhou has more liking to the BLY character,"Because BLY's personality is quite different from me, I still did a lot of preparations, like watch "Brokeback Mountain" a lot of times, keep trying to find the cold feeling. If I have to choose again, I would still pick to be BLY, and I feel that I can act as BLY a lot better." 

“争取一条过”

节约成本且对双方都好

争取一条过!对,这在《上瘾》拍摄时是非常重要的!因为除了节约时间成本,戏里面大部分亲热戏都是在许魏洲和黄景瑜进组一个礼拜后拍摄的。“我俩拍戏之前是完全不认识的陌生人,开拍之前剧组给了我们一个礼拜的熟悉期,但是一个礼拜也熟悉不到哪去啊。我跟他说,那就先一起睡吧!开拍的第一周,就是顾海家的戏份。所以,这也意味着大部分激情戏,以及最激情的激情戏都要在这个时候拍出来。”我问他:“那会尴尬吗?”他耸了耸肩说:“豁出去了呗!”

许魏洲非常自豪地告诉我:“我们的激情戏,基本上都是一条过的,偶尔也会笑场,但是大部分都一条过,一条过对大家都好,哈哈!”采访中,会发现许魏洲的个性和白洛因其实差别还是挺大的,这个俗气的问题很多人都问过他,他官方的回答特别一致,“鲸鱼(黄景瑜)其实特别适合顾海这个角色,然后我呢,本人和白洛因性格差距还是挺大的。白洛因的个性比较高冷,我这个人并不怎么高冷。”

“并不怎么高冷”是许魏洲给出的标准答案,也许这个说法是他觉得最恰当的。但当我们聊得很high后,他也很会主动地爆料,说自己其实很“二”,但他的“二”更多是因为其保留着天性中的纯真。面对突如其来从天而降的大波媒体和粉丝,他的方式就是表达真我。在之后的一场采访中,被问到拍戏时会有什么事比较尴尬或有趣时,他的第一反应:“你是说拍激情戏的时候吗?”此话一出,许魏洲的随行工作人员浑身一抖。但是他却特别从容大方,随意几句,很自然地过渡到了下一个问题。当我跟他讨论《上瘾》中激情戏的拍摄时,他的工作人员表示不要问太细节或者说太多,这时许魏洲会贴心地说:“没事,我们就是随意聊聊。”

也有很多人会脑补一个假设,要是让许魏洲演顾海会是什么样。但许魏洲对白洛因这个角色更情有独钟,“因为白洛因的性格跟我太不一样了,所以我还是提前做了很多准备的,包括看了很多遍《断背山》,不断找到那种高冷的感觉。如果让我再选一次,我还是会选白洛因,而且我觉得我会把白洛因演得更好。”

• Like 24

1 hour ago, sohocomo said:

Ooooo yes! You've hit the nail right on its head in this post! Even from some BTS videos i pick up exactly what you've just said. I do not think JY's reactions that we see are completely onesided. ZZ to some extent gives him something to go off of. 

An easy give away: that clip where they look at each other and JY bites his lip ZZ response does not help the situation - his response becomes very seductive compared to what he was doing before. 

And regarding the narcistic feeling given off from JY, its not really who he is as you've said. That's something i've pointed out eons ago in another post lol. 

You're spot on! Awww and thank you! I also appreciate all the analyses you and many others provide here it really makes an intriguing read!

Much Luv!

PS regarding that film you recommended its on my to list. I'm familiar with Christian Bale he goes all out for his roles so i have no doubt it will be good!

• Like 9

I already shared these translations here on the forums (like 100+ pages ago... has it been that long??? lol), but here's the Easy Magazine interviews all in one handy-dandy place on my wattpad (plus a few scanned pictures because my copy finally arrived!) https://www.wattpad.com/story/66810251-eng-translation-xu-weizhou-x-huang-jingyu/parts

Also, does anyone know what ZZ wrote here? It's been on my mind the entire day... (I'm horrible at reading handwritten Chinese... I can't even read my mom's shopping lists -3-)

CeXq6-OUEAAVyhz.jpg

• Like 17

1 hour ago, alvinboi said:

Happy Easter morning~ Here's the translations for both videos:

Xin Jing Bao Trending Actors Interview

Soho Newface Interview

Thanks a million for the translations.... love you:wub:

@gashupingothanks for the end part

@yaoimazter78thank you for the eng subbed video...   

@ayasdai awesome fan art.. 

It is indeed going to be a good day..

• Like 6