22 minutes ago, kakelet said:

Translation for the first page of the Easy magazine interview is in the spoilers because it's pretty long:

Reveal hidden contents

[square brackets are the things that I added, regular brackets () were already in the interview]

Q: Why did the two of you accept these roles at first?
JY: For me, other than finding the script interesting, the biggest reason was just being able to act! (laugh) Also, I play the role of "Gu Hai" who is a lot more rich than I am.
ZZ: "Bai Luoyin" is a character who is very different from me, he has more of a cold attitude, whereas I'm more easy to get along with, so at that time I really wanted to challenge myself by taking the role of someone with a completely different personality.

Q: What was your first impression of each other?
JY: I thought XWZ was very cheerful and very handsome, I thought he was a pretty good little kid.
ZZ: My first impression of him was that he had a cold attitude! (laugh)

Q: When the two of you act together, who is more likely to get embarrassed?
ZZ: I get more embarrassed. HJY doesn't even care.
JY: Yeah, I don't get embarrassed.

Q: Its said that in order for the two of you to quickly become close, you once shared one bed. Do you still remember what your emotions were?
ZZ: I was really uncomfortable because we weren't close at that time, I wasn't used to it.
JY: I was used to sleeping alone, then suddenly there was an extra person, but I wasn't nervous. Besides, it was a male sleeping next to me, so it didn't matter.

Q: After shooting the show, who do you think performed exceptionally well?
ZZ: I think Su Li who played Aunty Zou did very well, her acting was great.
JY: Wang Dong, who played my father in the show, acted extremely well.

Q: Although the fans were all very satisfied with your roles and acting, have you ever thought about switching roles?
ZZ: I can't even imagine what kind of a "Bai Luoyin" he would be.
JY: I think this isn't possible, I have to be the strong and overbearing Gu Hai. (laugh)

Q: When you were in school, have you ever been confessed to by a guy?
JY: When I was in school, I had a lot of male friends but I was never confessed to.
ZZ: I have, but I already forgot about the details. I think I just ignored the person.
JY: He was probably embarrassed, scared to death! Hahaha! (laugh)

Q: In the show, your relationships with your parents are all rather tense. In real life, are you the type who would often communicate with your parents? What methods do you usually use to make your parents happy?
ZZ: I often accompany my mom to dinner, take her out to the movies, just spend more time with her in general.
JY: I pretty much only see my mom a few days each year, so I don't need to do anything. My mom is happy just seeing me.

Q: You looks and bodies are all very good, in life, what moment do you think you are the sexiest?
JY: I think I'm sexiest when I'm looking at myself in the mirror. I often get charmed by myself. (laugh)
ZZ: (pretending to throw up) Are you already charmed by yourself?! (the interview took place while HJY was having his makeup done)
JY: When I look in the mirror, I faint from how handsome I am. Just joking! (laugh)
ZZ: For me, probably when I'm working out.

Q: As you become more popular, there will also be more acting opportunities, what other types of roles do you want to try?
JY: There are a lot of roles I want to try, cop movies, martial arts movies, I want to try them all.
ZZ: Modern shows, historical shows, I want to try them all. I also think roles like "murderer" would be fun to play.

Q: What kinds of things do you like to do recently? Do you collect anything?
JY: These days I've really liked just walking around. I like collecting running shoes and taekwondo uniforms.
ZZ: These days I've practicing the guitar. (the staff member beside them couldn't help but add "these days he really likes to show off [his looks]!")

Q: As the show becomes more popular, have you recently been recognized by fans?
JY: No, probably because I'm a lot more handsome in person than in pictures! (laugh)
ZZ: Me neither. These days I haven't really gone out so there wasn't the opportunity of randomly encountering anyone.

Q: The photos of you two together have made fans frantically reblogging it, can you evaluate each other's looks?
ZZ: Of course his looks are very good, I think HJY's face shape is really nice.
JY: XWZ's big eyes gives him a lot of points. All in all, he's really handsome!

Q: In this show, all of the actors are of similar ages. What do you usually talk about with each other?
ZZ: We talk about things that guys are interested in.
JY: When we're on set, the topic we talk about the most is food. For example, "what are we eating today?", "today's food is so bad", etc.

Q: Say something to the future you!
ZZ: Go XWZ! You have to keep walking down this road!
JY: Don't be afraid of doing regretful things, just don't give yourself any regrets. 
[note: he used two different words for "regret", but they both mean "regret". The second "regret" is stronger and more devastating I suppose]

I did it quickly so there's probably some grammar mistakes here and there. :/
I'll try to get page 2 (Zhouzhou's interview) and page 3 (Johnny's interview) out tomorrow!
(who else wants to see Zhouzhou work out after reading this? ;___;)

Lol JY's reply to the question of when he thinks he is the sexiest... That's sooooo narcissistic... <3

• Like 8

Hello everyone! I'm a lurker-turned-first time forum poster. I'm coming out of the shadows because I can't GET ENOUGH OF ADDICTED!

I heard and know of the series previously when it came out and was streaming online. I never got to watch it fully because of language restrictions/workload/poor Internet etc.

Last Friday, I saw that the full Season 1 was out with Eng subs so I thought why not... One weekend and fifteen episodes later, I was hooked! It wasn't enough! 

Where are more of the heart-tugging scenes?? Where are the steamy bed sessions?? Why so many continuation holes?? I had so many questions! 

Google brought me here and I went through all 200+ pages before finally reaching this last page. I'm sooo happy to know the rest of the world are Addicts like me! 

We just can't get enough right? 

(FYI I'm kinda glad I didn't start watching when it came out episode by episode, otherwise I would have died of impatience. Reading all your posts asking when is the next episode and when will subtitles be released made me lol) 

Thanks to all your post and novel comparisons -- I finally understood the gaps missing here and there. 

E.G. when their parents held their marriage and both GH and BLY went separately to the wedding with their own agenda. (Which later comes back when Yaw Meng comes over to visit BLY and walk to school together in Episode 13/14?) 

When GH and BLY stayed together but the scenes appeared mixed up -- especially around the Hepatitis B storyline when they were first staying at BLY's house, but suddenly eating dumplings at GH's apartment, then back to BLY's house the next day. (Apparently BLY did not want to go home because of the Hep B scare --> You guys cleared this up!) 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Like many of you, I was searching for what will happen next only to have my heart broken when I found out -- will GH really go ahead and rape BLY to prove a point? As a gay guy on the receiving end, I can personally feel the pain. This will be one emotional scene to watch. 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I think, for BLY, coming into this relationship with GH is hard for him to admit because he has to transition from a "straight guy" mindset towards "possibly being gay". And he's not just only worried about his own feelings but also those around him -- living in a country like China which isn't known for being very gay-accepting. 

Season 2's key plots will probably revolve around this -- towards BLY accepting the fact that he is gay/bi and is in love with GH -- and how everyone reacts to this, especially their dads. 

What do you guys think? 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm now replaying Because of the Sea, Walk Slowly and Teresa Teng on repeat until Season 2 comes out. (*_*) For now, its off to stalk WZ and HJ!!! 
Edited by ryansparks1982
  • Like 13

22 minutes ago, toastedfracas said:

so..... Johnny just posted this pic on his weibo:

tumblr_o3eu3iD2561vn1ba7o1_500.jpg

"161221: Johnny Weibo Update

不想结束

I don’t want to end it"

I'm 80% sure that the other guy in this pic is Timmy :wub: i might be wrong tho =))))

goodbye my sanity :bawling:

• Like 8

*whispers* The whale is always watching... always... ;) 

Spoiler

then some cute interaction :wub:

Spoiler

Sorry for all of my "ship" posts. I'm just a hopeless romantic who gets really really happy when I see stuff like this because I know this wouldn't ever happen to me in a million years. I just want to share this with my fellow #YuZhouConspiracy conspirators (shoutout to you guys! lol). Whatever their relationship is, I respect it. 

• Like 21

35 minutes ago, kakelet said:

Translation for the first page of the Easy magazine interview is in the spoilers because it's pretty long:

Reveal hidden contents

[square brackets are the things that I added, regular brackets () were already in the interview]

JY: For me, other than finding the script interesting, the biggest reason was just being able to act! (laugh) Also, I play the role of "Gu Hai" who is a lot more rich than I am.
ZZ: "Bai Luoyin" is a character who is very different from me, he has more of a cold attitude, whereas I'm more easy to get along with, so at that time I really wanted to challenge myself by taking the role of someone with a completely different personality.

JY: I thought XWZ was very cheerful and very handsome, I thought he was a pretty good little kid.

Q: Its said that in order for the two of you to quickly become close, you once shared one bed. Do you still remember what your emotions were?
ZZ: I was really uncomfortable because we weren't close at that time, I wasn't used to it.
JY: I was used to sleeping alone, then suddenly there was an extra person, but I wasn't nervous. Besides, it was a male sleeping next to me, so it didn't matter.

Q: Although the fans were all very satisfied with your roles and acting, have you ever thought about switching roles?
JY: I think this isn't possible, I have to be the strong and overbearing Gu Hai. (laugh)

JY: When I was in school, I had a lot of male friends but I was never confessed to.
ZZ: I have, but I already forgot about the details. I think I just ignored the person.

Q: In the show, your relationships with your parents are all rather tense. In real life, are you the type who would often communicate with your parents? What methods do you usually use to make your parents happy?
ZZ: I often accompany my mom to dinner, take her out to the movies, just spend more time with her in general.
JY: I pretty much only see my mom a few days each year, so I don't need to do anything. My mom is happy just seeing me.

Q: You looks and bodies are all very good, in life, what moment do you think you are the sexiest?
JY: I think I'm sexiest when I'm looking at myself in the mirror. I often get charmed by myself. (laugh)
ZZ: (pretending to throw up) Are you already charmed by yourself?! (the interview took place while HJY was having his makeup done)
JY: When I look in the mirror, I faint from how handsome I am. Just joking! (laugh)

Q: As you become more popular, there will also be more acting opportunities, what other types of roles do you want to try?
JY: There are a lot of roles I want to try, cop movies, martial arts movies, I want to try them all.
ZZ: Modern shows, historical shows, I want to try them all. I also think roles like "murderer" would be fun to play.

JY: These days I've really liked just walking around. I like collecting running shoes and taekwondo uniforms.
ZZ: These days I've practicing the guitar. (the staff member beside them couldn't help but add "these days he really likes to show off [his looks]!")

JY: No, probably because I'm a lot more handsome in person than in pictures! (laugh)
ZZ: Me neither. These days I haven't really gone out so there wasn't the opportunity of randomly encountering anyone.

Q: The photos of you two together have made fans frantically reblogging it, can you evaluate each other's looks?

Q: In this show, all of the actors are of similar ages. What do you usually talk about with each other?
JY: When we're on set, the topic we talk about the most is food. For example, "what are we eating today?", "today's food is so bad", etc.

JY: Don't be afraid of doing regretful things, just don't give yourself any regrets. 
[note: he used two different words for "regret", but they both mean "regret". The second "regret" is stronger and more devastating I suppose]

I'll try to get page 2 (Zhouzhou's interview) and page 3 (Johnny's interview) out tomorrow!

LOL I really want to comment this:

Looks like he is a lil psycho MWAHAHAHA.. kidding :grin: 

while HJY can't stop being narcissistic and ZZ stated too that HJY doesn't care at all haha.. He seldom get embarrassed and very high confidence. 

(the staff member beside them couldn't help but add "these days he really likes to show off [his looks]!")

LoL I think he is entering the phase where he admires his appearance..

is this kind of ZZ's secret that JY knows? :blush: JY surely know something rite *delulu*

Why ZZ feels uncomfortable when it is just man who sleep with him? something happening? haha 

overall it is very good. Thanks for the translation :D

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, lightyears said:

*whispers* The whale is always watching... always... ;) 

Hide contents

I think it is curious how JY was staring at WZ and then looks away as soon as WZ looks at him. Very curious indeed. And yet he says he is straight as an arrow. Hmm.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, toastedfracas said:

不想结束

I don’t want to end it"

I'm 80% sure that the other guy in this pic is Timmy :wub: i might be wrong tho =))))

There you go. Johnny sums up our mentality too. We don't want to end it either, Johnny QinAiDe.

14 minutes ago, yaoimazter78 said:

Our boys are an acquired taste soooo...we can't force her or people like her to love em like we do.

But is she frickin blind or something hahahaha...joke!

Totally agreed. I also didn't realize asian men are so awesome until I dated an asian guy. Funny thing is I myself am half asian. lol.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, toastedfracas said:

tumblr_o3eu3iD2561vn1ba7o1_500.jpg

不想结束

I don’t want to end it"

What does the Caligraphy means? This is from the rooftop scene where BLY's dad got remarried with aunt Chou. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, swong2330 said:

I think it is curious how JY was staring at WZ and then looks away as soon as WZ looks at him. Very curious indeed. And yet he says he is straight as an arrow. Hmm.

IKR! I do that when I have a crush on someone. And it's also a sign when someone has a crush on you. I remember this girl back in high school who would always look away when I catch her staring. She did that for a whole year lmao. Eventually she confessed to me on graduation day. Too bad I don't like girls xD

But JY says he's straight so that's that :) *flies away to the magical imaginary land of YuZhou*

• Like 5

1 hour ago, kakelet said:

Hide contents

What is confidence Johnny? Hahahaha! I can't stop laughing everytime he answered questions boastfully. Hahaha! Usually, I get mad at arrogant people but to Johnny I find it so funny! What did you do to me Gu Hai? Hahaha.

• Like 5

I just noticed, that whenever Jingyu is with Zhou Zhou's around he always acts cool, boastful, overly confident. Hmmm I'm starting to think that he always wants to impress Zhou Zhou. But when he is alone, he's just silent like he didn't notice everyone around him. #YuZhou all the way!!!

• Like 15