as i'm reading further into the novel i just realized that the mv they filmed is a chapter from vol 1

Spoiler

from when they ran away after gu hai's father tried to separate them. bly said he wants to be near the sea (i finally realize why the opening theme is named "beside the sea" bc hai = sea omg i'm slow...) they had sex on the beach in the tent and here we learns the cowgirl position is gu hai's favorite position lmao

every of their action in the scene is sweet like sugar omg i'm really anticipating the mv, somebody pls release it soon ;_; 

• Like 20

1 hour ago, aili81 said:

Ok sorry gals to talk about ca in hers 

Wish you all enjoy this drama 

Back to this drama i am just not very clear why johnny role like zhou role as the reason is because zhou has no mum like him? But this reason is abit insufficient to like a person same sex as johnny was straight even though his gf not pretty but what make him like zhou from the beginning. Even sympathy ll not turn into like ba just my thinking. Not very sure about this .

As there must be a reason for johnny to love zhou 

But handsome or sympathy is not efficient to turn a straight guy to gay ba

For ca is very clear cut 

But in here i still dont understand why guys are attracted to zhou roles as he is smart and manly and gorgeous where by most guys ll envy or jealous of him but why get attracted to him this i dont get it.

Even he is stubborm or what  but most buddies between guys  are like that too dont want to lose to one another 

So this is the biggest reason why johnny role will suddenly like zhou role which make me have biggest question mark on my head

As there must be big impact for johnny to like zhou ba in order for him to like a guy

But in the whole drama johnny is like no struggle at all for him to like zhou and there s no much reason for him to turn gay. 

So this part is not very clear

Dont tell me love has no reason this is only drama has 

If no reason to love special one then u can love anyone y that person 

So when ppl say no reason just like that person is not realistic ba as there must be a reason y u re only atrracted to the only person look or 

First of all read the comparison between the web series and the novel and you will understand more the characters. However it is obvious from the series itself why they fall in love. It is the most realistic BL I have ever seen and believe me, I have watched almost every BL movies out there. 

About CA, when I was watching it I fast forwarded the episodes, because I found it boring and also, there was no reason whatsoever why the straight guy fall in love with the seme. It wasn't realistic at all, it was okay for a comedy, but I could never rewatch it again. I understand that it was a low budget series, but also was Addicted and they pulled it out beautifully, the director was good (compared the one who directed CA) and mostly the series can thank the success to the main actors. Still not everyone is the same, you like CA and I respect that.

Also, I don't mean to be rude, but what I don't understand why are you coming to the Addicted forum if you don't like the series? All of your posts are about how awful it is, how you don't like the characters and the actors. Since I don't like CA I never joined to any forum/fanclub to discuss it with the fans. I am not saying that you can't express your opinion, but it feels like that we are running circles over and over again about the same 'issue'. Please respect that we love this series and many of us come here for stress relief and to ease our craving while all of us hope there will be S2. 

• Like 14

@skeletonworks @gayyoxx @andrewth

It looks like I missed this tidbit in the interview below! After Johnny describes his ideal type Timmy then asks "what about me?". Johnny brushes that question and the moderator then encourages him to answer and Johnny says "I liked him the first time I saw him" I saw that part. What I missed was after Johnny answered the question and the question was now aimed at Timmy - that up and down glance he gave Johnny then Johnny asks why he was staring lol 

img]

I did however pick up that look in Johnny's eyes when Timmy was describing his ideal (Its always easier to pick his stuff up :heart: :

img]

It seems Timmy's reactions are a bit more subtle :). So yeaaaa we are good to go guys. There is a bit more comfort in my heart hehehehe ^_^

• Like 23

2 minutes ago, ayasdai said:

First of all read comparison between the web series and the novel and you will understand more the characters. However it is obvious from the series itself why they fall in love. It is the most realistic BL I have ever seen and believe me, I have watched almost every BL movies out there. 

About CA, when I was watching it I fast forwarded the episodes, because I found it boring and also, there was no reason whatsoever why the straight guy fall in love with the seme. It wasn't realistic at all, it was okay for a comedy, but I could never rewatch it again. I understand that it was a low budget series, but also was Addicted and they pulled it out beautifully, the director was good (compared the one who directed CA) and mostly the series can thank the success to the main actors. Still not everyone is the same, you like CA and I respect that.

Also, I don't mean to be rude, but what I don't understand why are coming to the Addicted forum if you don't like the series? All of your post is about how awful it is, how you don't like the characters and the actors. Since I don't like CA I never joined to any forum/fanclub to discuss it with the fans. I am not saying that you can't express your opinion, but it feels like that we are running circles over and over again about the same 'issue'. Please respect that we love this series and many of us comes here for stress relief and to ease our craving while all of us hopes there will be S2. 

I agree with @ayasdai. @aili81 If you don't like the series, that's all good. However, please don't go around bashing the series in a forum in which many people love the series. Everyone has their own preferences and yours are yours and ours are ours so please respect that. If you don't like the series, it's simple really. Don't read about it in the forum. It actually makes it better for both parties, does it not?

3 minutes ago, pureblade said:

It looks like I missed this tidbit in the interview below! After Johnny describes his ideal type Timmy then asks "what about me?". Johnny brushes that question and the moderator then encourages him to answer and Johnny says "I liked him the first time I saw him" I saw that part. What I missed was after Johnny answered the question and the question was now aimed at Timmy - that up and down glance he gave Johnny then Johnny asks why he was staring lol 

img]

I did however pick up that look in Johnny's eyes when Timmy was describing his ideal (Its always easier to pick his stuff up :heart: :

img]

It seems Timmy's reactions are a bit more subtle :). So yeaaaa we are good to go guys. There is a bit more comfort in my heart hehehehe ^_^

I saw this part in the interview. Love it so much ahaha

• Like 11

18 minutes ago, shuwei said:

as i'm reading further into the novel i just realized that the mv they filmed is a chapter from vol 1

Hide contents

from when they ran away after gu hai's father tried to separate them. bly said he wants to be near the sea (i finally realize why the opening theme is named "beside the sea" bc hai = sea omg i'm slow...) they had sex on the beach in the tent and here we learns the cowgirl position is gu hai's favorite position lmao

every of their action in the scene is sweet like sugar omg i'm really anticipating the mv, somebody pls release it soon ;_; 

Wait...wait...do you mean that Gu Hai loves this position for himself or for Yin Zi?Sorry coz I thought Yin Zi got to top Gu Hai only once after the rape incident

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mchansk07 said:

here is a short summary, the continuation from the last post (at page 181)

no smuts this time, just a boring one :)

SPOILER!!

Hidden Content

ps: i have question. Jingyu used to do modelling before, does he still do it now or he quitted already?

Ohmygawd....I think ive used up all my ohmygawd quota for the year due to Addicted...their love for each other is not something to be trifled with...their separation of 8 years would have killed a lesser man...both guys must have suffered tremendously.

I think BLY's innate stubborness in thinking he knows best is really the crux of their emotional turmoil since the start.I kind of salute GH for bearing with this kind of attitude because most us will eventually tire of this repeated scenario.

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, aili81 said:

But handsome or sympathy is not efficient to turn a straight guy to gay ba

For ca is very clear cut 

But in here i still dont understand why guys are attracted to zhou roles as he is smart and manly and gorgeous where by most guys ll envy or jealous of him but why get attracted to him this i dont get it.

Even he is stubborm or what  but most buddies between guys  are like that too dont want to lose to one another 

So this is the biggest reason why johnny role will suddenly like zhou role which make me have biggest question mark on my head

As there must be big impact for johnny to like zhou ba in order for him to like a guy

But in the whole drama johnny is like no struggle at all for him to like zhou and there s no much reason for him to turn gay.

wait, what exactly do you need to occur to turn someone gay? being gay simply means having sexual attraction to someone of the same sex. that's it. there's no complicated reason. and if you can tell that bly gh thinks bly is handsome and gorgeous, well, that's already plenty reason. in fact from the way johnny portrayed gu hai's first reaction to bly, i even think gu hai had sexual attraction to bly the moment he saw him and then the smartness, kindness, the mystery etc. snowballed into romantic attraction

11 minutes ago, yaoimazter78 said:

Wait...wait...do you mean that Gu Hai loves this position for himself or for Yin Zi?Sorry coz I thought Yin Zi got to top Gu Hai only once after the rape incident

Spoiler

as in gu hai wanted bly to ride him. you are right, after that one time bly never topped gh again.

• Like 6

Just now, shuwei said:

wait, what exactly do you need to occur to turn someone gay? being gay simply means having sexual attraction to someone of the same sex. that's it. there's no complicated reason. and if you can tell that bly gh thinks bly is handsome and gorgeous, well, that's already plenty reason. in fact from the way johnny portrayed gu hai's first reaction to bly, i even think gu hai had sexual attraction to bly the moment he saw him and then the smartness, kindness, the mystery etc. snowballed into romantic attraction

Hide contents

as in gu hai wanted bly to ride him. you are right, after that one time bly never topped gh again.

Wow....that was a hot picture...so the tent scene that was being shown on line is part of the MV...can't wait...they need to give us something soon please...pretty please!Thanks for the clarification^_^

33 minutes ago, shuwei said:

Hide contents

i think there was a short clip on them kissing in the tent i watched ages ago. considering it wasn't in any episodes, is it possible it is for a scene in season two?

with "MV" does that mean music video? if so, do you reckon they would us clips of both actors in it?

I'm seeing a lot of small clips on scenes i hadn't seen in season one. its confusing me, making me think they were either cut out of the episodes because of censorship, or they were filmed and were intended for season 2 episodes. 

i don't want to be depressive, but the wait for news is tormenting. some others here have made good points that both actors look like they are moving on with their careers. its rather sad that such a moving and powerful show only lasted one season, i would have wanted to see the whole story till its end. i have been looking for other BL series, but for some reason, I'm only interested in ones that are in mandarin (not interested in any from korea or japan). with the other BL shows i have seen, nothing is as moving as SHANGYIN. 

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, alberto123 said:

i think there was a short clip on them kissing in the tent i watched ages ago. considering it wasn't in any episodes, is it possible it is for a scene in season two?

with "MV" does that mean music video? if so, do you reckon they would us clips of both actors in it?

I'm seeing a lot of small clips on scenes i hadn't seen in season one. its confusing me, making me think they were either cut out of the episodes because of censorship, or they were filmed and were intended for season 2 episodes. 

i don't want to be depressive, but the wait for news is tormenting. some others here have made good points that both actors look like they are moving on with their careers. its rather sad that such a moving and powerful show only lasted one season, i would have wanted to see the whole story till its end. i have been looking for other BL series, but for some reason, I'm only interested in ones that are in mandarin (not interested in any from korea or japan). with the other BL shows i have seen, nothing is as moving as SHANGYIN. 

Well the whole running away from GH's dad should be in Season 2 if there is one, because season 1 left it at the beginning of the SH arc by her arriving. The pictures of the seaside adventure do look like MV screenshots if anything, simply because the text on the pictures are lyrics, then again, they could have been photoshopped in but I don't think they even progressed with filming Season 2 stuff. From what I've seen of the small glimpses of the said MV it's rather tame, so I don't think it's was censored because it hasn't even been released yet. 

But I don't think the MV will come out anytime soon either, simply because you know, anything related to this series is prohibited currently and probably for forever. I think the tension is still high between government officials and this series, and CJD is going to lay low for awhile, how long? Who knows? Although they could release it on YouTube aha... 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, gayyoxx said:

@hellolive IKR!!! Call me a conspirator or something (yeah!) but it if we follow Johnny carefully, we can see the really startling development as clear as the day.

Thursday and before - Johnny looked grumpy, stressed out and super tired. --> this was the lowest point for YuZhou ship. The ship could sunk at any given time!

Friday - Zhouzhou mysteriously went to Shanghai at afternoon and back to Beijing again in night time. --> a sudden storm in the ocean.

Saturday - Johnny and Zhouzhou went to Franco-Sino award party. Johnny was still reserved, not even smiling during interview. Until... we saw pictures of him smiling and talking with Zhouzhou. --> the storm's intensity was decreasing and bright sky was spotted ahead.

Sunday - they took steamy, sexy photo shot. --> we saw rainbow island with unicorns at the horizon!!!

Monday - Johnny smiling happily, back to his charming self; totally different than his condition before! --> a breeze blew the YuZhou ship, gently but reassuringly move it forward.

So, unless there is an unexplained X variable which caused the sudden transformation, my scientific enquiry reasoned that the cause of J's brightened mood is the ZZ variable. Yeah, this is #YuZhouConspiracy alright! :wub:

Okay guys I'm on fire tonight... I telling you I'm just spazzing YouZhou tonight! Its probably a withdrawal side effect - I don't know - but you have to tolerate me dropping so many posts today! We need some of our gifted writers up in here! Where's @guhai this in itself is material for another fan-fic :D! I want to also add (my mind may be getting a bit smutty now) that I read somewhere that Weizhou did not come with his manager to the Franco-Sino award party (read into that however you want B)). I am also hoping that he stayed over Johnny's for the night  (read into that at your caution :rolleyes:) They do a photo shoot the next day and Johnny's has recovered! Did he get some kind of reassurance? Did he get a lil more than just reassurance? I'm gonna leave all the brilliant minds on this forum to tick away hehehehe ^_^.............

Peace & Love #YouZhou Conspiracy

• Like 8

@aili81 Because both CA and addict is CJD work CA was mentioned in this forum we didn't mean to bring it down is just every one think what they like is the best isn't it. CA wasn't my cup of tea only when I saw BTS i understand why the couple get popular. Let's us happily spazz in our own form. 

Why GH love BLY, we discussed a lot about it here. A lot.  I scratched my head watched series in repeat trying to figure out. Then only now realized that's how I fell in love with my friend of same gender. Now I know why am I hook to this series. My brain must be decaying 

• Like 1

Guest skeletonworks

2 hours ago, shuwei said:

Hide contents

I was about to ask you what is a cowgirl position until I saw your next post hahaha But I think Luoyin topping Guhai was not just that one time ;) 

2 hours ago, pureblade said:

How could you miss that?! You should be punished according to the #YuZhou law. Just kidding!!! I kept on playing that particular part. Did you see the part when Zhouzhou put his hand on Johnny's thigh and lean forward because he wanted to look at messages left by fans on the chatroom??? All of these stuffs, to me, he's teasing Johnny! He knew Johnny is crushing on him so he did all of these stuffs just to tease him!! Bad Zhouzhou!! 

Have you seen the Domestic Abuse video?? I've watched it but I didn't particularly pay attention that much other than when Johnny was painting Zhouzhou's face, he didn't hold Zhouzhou's face at all, which got me thinking, you're scared your heart will beat faster aren't you Johnny if your hand contacted  Zhouzhou's?!! Hahaha. The Chinese fans were saying that when Johnny was painting Zhouzhou's face, he was swallowing his saliva a lot aka gulping lol. Chinese fans don't disappoint with their eagle eyes XD I will watch the clip again tonight to confirm it hahaha. 

#YuZhouConspiracy