Hii @Blastilonic, as far as I know there's no official English version of Addicted novel. But there's unofficial English translation of that book. You can visit this site http://saehan01.com/addicted/

Book 1: http://saehan01.com/chapters-1-111/ 

Book 2: http://saehan01.com/book-two/

The translators had posted a link for Book 2 (pdf format) so you can download it there. But I can't find the link for Book 1 in pdf format there. IIRC, they had posted the link previously.. but they may have deleted the link now. So you need to read Book 1 on-site.

Sae, Sienna, Nancy et al. are really dedicated translators and translating the whole book is not an easy job.Please show them your support by liking/voting/commenting their page. 

If you're interested in other translators, there are several English translated Addicted chapters scattered around in Wattpad. But the translations in wattpad aren't complete, they only translated certain chapters.

Andd welcome @manifester to our YZ fandom:lol: If you have some questions just ask away, I'm sure some of the members will know the answer.. but I'm afraid it may takes a long time to be answered as Soompi is not as active as before. 

PS: Shout out to all CPFs that have recommended me YZ fics! You guy are so sweet :wub: I'll try to read them asap

PPS: Im sorry if I reply your message late as I seldomly visit Soompi, I'll reply faster if you dm me in Insta. And don't worry guys, I don't bite and I'm friendly haha:P

• Like 4

Hello, everyone.

I realize that I'm late to the party. I finally had time to watch some things just this month and I watched Addicted on Viki. That was... amazing. I got addicted. Three years late, but the experience is still a roller coaster ride. After finishing the series, I went to Youtube and found a gold mine of their Behind the Scenes. I fell in love with their love. Eyes can't lie and the tingles were there when I looked at their interactions. I couldn't sleep without looking at their videos. I looked for more and eventually opened an Instagram account so I could follow the active posters. I reactivated my Twitter and followed some more because I needed sugar to help me with the withdrawal. When I found out all about the ban, etc. it became even more bittersweet. I am seriously addicted.

Also made a soompi account because I need to be with good people who love YuZhou ;-;

I made a fan video because my heart aches still. Probably will make more because I'm not over them. ;-;

*wails internally*

Edited by Saikya
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

On 2/18/2019 at 7:06 AM, snowlight351 said:

Tuzicr and everyone, speaking of Addicted in Japan...look what popped up on Youtube, a comic version of Addicted in Japanese.  It has scenes with them eating the red tanghulu fruit candy and the super hard moon cake  that Guhai tried to feed BLY (that was hilarious) and BLY giving Guhai the red scarf, all in Japanese!  

deary deary me :lol:thanks for sharing @snowlight351 cos this is definitely one of a kind! I still cannot wrap my head around hearing the Japanese dudes' instead of JY and ZZ voices :lol:

On 2/18/2019 at 8:57 PM, ChocoHateChip said:

But if some of you are hesitant to watch the whole movie (like me:sweatingbullets: bc I also dont like watching war movies at all) but still wanna watch our JY in military uniform holding his big guns, I rec you to watch this instead. This is JY's scenes in ORS compilation.

@ChocoHateChip I totally agree, its enough to see why the Chinese got so hyped-up about JY after seeing him in ORS while skipping most of the gritty parts ;)

Thank you @snowlight351 for sharing your thoughts on ORS, I always enjoy others' opinions:wub: some of my reflections in spoiler.

Spoiler

Like I said before, I dont watch the war movies in general, so I cannot compare ORS to other movies, be it Chinese, Asian, European or American. My personal opinion is that even with the somewhat global release, its still movie mostly for Chinese audience, so the patriotic messages or the show of the military strength is very much targeted at them and less to impress the worldwide audience. Actually considering the international relations between USA and China, I dont think ORS could have ever received an Oscar. If you noticed, ORS was submitted under Hongkong entry, under China entry the movie "Hidden Man" was submitted, which also says something.

For JY career, ORS definitely proved to be a good move, yet we all agree he can offer much more, but I think as with Love Knot, he did the best he could with the role he had been given. Due to the effects of the ban, both JY and ZZ went back to square one, going from starring in Addicted to climbing up through the support roles and the second male leads before finally getting back to the leading roles again. Also in a way its hard to have Addicted as a benchmark of yuzhou acting skills, because it was so special in so many ways, that I believe it would be hard or even impossible to duplicate such performances with other co-stars, other director, other script...

Now all I want is The Thunder and My girlfriend to be released, yuzhou first leading projects to be released in the "new yuzhou era" B) Fighting!

On 2/23/2019 at 2:49 AM, manifester said:

Hello everyone,

I’m very new to this fandom and this forum as well. 

Welcome here @manifester on soompi!

The first few months after I was "hit" by yuzhou were really intense, now I am more organized and figured out the routines that works the best for me, like the social media sources and coverages, weibo, wechat, livestreaming, i have even organized my phone gallery into different yuzhou folders cos it was one big mess :lol:

On 2/27/2019 at 11:29 PM, Saikya said:

Hello, everyone.

I realize that I'm late to the party. I finally had time to watch some things just this month and I watched Addicted on Viki. That was... amazing. I got addicted. Three years late, but the experience is still a roller coaster ride. After finishing the series, I went to Youtube and found a gold mine of their Behind the Scenes. I fell in love with their love. Eyes can't lie and the tingles were there when I looked at their interactions

Hello and welcome @Saikya too! I think as the party is still in full swing, you are definitely not late, just bit later than some others ;)

"yuzhou eyes cant lie" is what i hear lot from my chinese cpf friends as the reason why they fell under the yuzhou spell. for me personally it was how obviously happy they were when together and of course all the lovey-dovey. i have seen lot in china, but nothing like this :wub:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

And here comes the usual yuzhou report :)

Starting with some important Yuzhou milestones, such as the 3 year anniversary of Addicted Shanghai fanmeeting on 20th February. Remember I said 5ML wouldnt just post to commemorate some past stuff, well, looks like I was wrong cos they posted for the Fanmeeting anniversary with a song "Everybody is a universe". Looks like 5ML is as sentimental as us ;)

I found on baidu app (quite by accident) the following photos that were taken on 19th February 2016 when yuzhou landed in Shanghai (see spoiler, cr. on the pics)

Spoiler

tn6GaV5.jpg

zmoJOeR.jpg

at7stEq.jpg

l5ucjBd.jpg

Another important milestone is that both Yuzhou spent more than one month in Shenzhen! :heart:

JY only left briefly for few days for the Pegasus promotion in Beijing and few days to spend Chinese New Year in Dandong.

Lets celebrate with the latest Yuzhou couple stuff compilation (see yt link in spoiler, cr. Qing Ruan)

Spoiler

My favorite one in the spoiler below :joy: (screenshot by me)

Spoiler

WFQfqYF.jpg

Today ZZ "broke the record" by flying to Shanghai due to his scheduled activities.

Originally, ZZ was supposed to have Laneige event in Chongqing, but my friend said the organizers didnt get some kind of permit for the activity and therefore it had to be cancelled. I feel for Chongqing cpfs, because I also heard this is the second time ZZ event got cancelled there. I met some of the Chongqing cpfs in Beijing for ZZ bday and then again in Chengdu for JY bday and they are really lovely and dedicated yuzhou fans.

Nevertheless, the second Laneige event in Hefei should be still on (6th March), so we can look for ZZ being all whitey, sparky and boyfriendy as always when it comes to Laneige :P

Spoiler

I keep saying I am a very slow yuzhou fan, cos everything takes me such a long time, like getting a weibo account or simply figuring out yuzhou stuff that everybody else already got long time ago :blink: So just recently I figured out the "laneige boyfriend" term they keep using on weibo for zz. in chinese, "boyfriend" is "nan pengyou" 男朋友 (literal meaning "male friend"), so for Lainege (in chinese "lanzhi" 兰芝) they turned ZZ from "nanpengyou" into "lanpengyou" 兰朋友,using "lan" from "Laneige".

"lan" 兰 also means "orchid" in Chinese, so you see there are lots and lots of implications and ways to spin this.

My second embarrassing moment was JY Alice movie name. in chinese 月半爱丽丝 ("yueban ailisi"). what i should have realized is that when 月 and 半 are put together, it makes 胖 (pang) which means "chubby, fat". So considering the movie plot is about Alice being obese and drinking the potion to get thin, the movie title should be 胖爱丽丝 "Chubby Alice". Yeah, this is typical Chinese idea of a joke :sweatingbullets:

Another interesting point, Hefei city (Anhui province) is not very far from Shanghai, so based on rumors, ZZ should be taking a train from Shanghai. Now speaking of trains, last time with JY in Jinan Railway Station in December it was disaster, so hopefully nothing similar will happen to ZZ :wacko:

We also got ZZ participating in 2019 TV Drama Quality Awards (not sure what the proper English name is) on 5th in Shanghai, and the 26th Dongfang Fengyun Chart (chinese wiki says the English name is "ERC Chinese Top Ten") on 25th in Shanghai. Based on what I could see on ZZ studio weibo, ZZ participated last year and won some award(s) as well. In between there is some unspecified program recording on 19th in Beijing.

JY is still not sharing his monthly schedule, so I only know about the Meibufao activity on 9th in Foshan and the AFA in Hongkong on 17th (that Newcomer Award is hanging in the air and I so want it for JY :rolleyes:). 

Spoiler

there have also been going around rumors of JY staring in a new movie called something like "Loop" and that the filming should start in May, but its all very rumor-y and unofficial-y, so who knows. but its nice that there seems to be something going on, the more movies and dramas got yuzhou in the pipeline, the better chances are that something will be released :P its a simple math, really.

Re the two projects I mentioned earlier I have been waiting to be released like forever, The Thunder and My Girlfriend. What a headache :tounge_xd:

Thunder was planned for release in February, which obviously didnt happen. Then March, but we are already in March and still no sign of a fixed date :wacko:

Spoiler

I read some comments that it could be postponed till April (hope this will not be the case), some say there is some ongoing dispute between the investors and the previous actor (got nothing to do with JY), but its all just vague rumors without any solid evidence.

ZZ My girlfriend got no fixed date either, according to ZZ vlog the airing date should be April, I hope that still holds.:innocent:

At least their weibo account is still "alive", the latest poster in spoiler (cr. My Girlfriend drama weibo).

Spoiler

fdeR4kX.jpg

I really dont want to sound mean or petty, but even Pengpeng got a drama out on 1st March :unsure:(see spoiler, cr. c-drama tweets @dramapotatoe) Actually I am happy for Pengpeng, good luck with "All is well"! :thumbsup:

Spoiler

1znYebk.jpg

Well, looks like all i can do is grind my teeth and practice the "Power of Patience" according to the Zen Masters :sweatingbullets:

There is some fun stuff with My Girlfriend too :P

After I saw the following post from @bearology (see spoiler), I digged little bit into it...

Spoiler

Cos Bridgette seems really slim, so what could have been the issue, right? :mellow:

I found a funny article on baidu app (cr. 八卦多) from June 2018. The author started with the following picture (see spoiler) pretty much saying Bridgette looks like ZZ gonna drop her at any moment and that he should go to gym cos he is too weak :wacko:

Spoiler

hPOJwUO.jpg

Then the author continued that Bridgette is quite tall, over 170cm and that her thighs look rather fat on the photo (I am not making this up, it was really written there. sometimes Chinese dont sugarcoat anything :crazy:) and that could be part of the problem.

At that moment I thought Im gonna stop reading cos it was not really nice towards either ZZ or Bridgette, when suddenly the author wrote: well, if it was Huang Jingyu instead of Xu Weizhou, there surely wouldnt be any issue. :w00t: (yes, I decided to continue reading :lol:)

The author concluded that probably the problem was ZZ's grip on Bridgette and showed the next photo where ZZ had changed his hold (see spoiler)

Spoiler

26AO4u8.jpg

Seeing the photos, of course I had to check what other Yuzhou evidence we have, so I digged for some more photos:

1. JY holding Zhang Tianai at the old Happy camp recording

(see spoiler, cr. on the pic), ZTA height should be 165cm

Spoiler

uIK0UUA.jpg

2. JY holding ZZ

(screenshot from yt by me, cr. jeong rhie )

Spoiler

sh3VCiq.jpg

3. ZZ holding JY

(screenshot from yt by me, cr.  哥是個傳說 )

Spoiler

9cWfDo4.jpg

We all know that at least once ZZ dropped JY and the technique had lot to do with it :lol: so it seems ZZ have not really learnt from his past mistakes :phew: (just kidding). To be fair, some ppl suggest that Bridgette is actually taller than her official height which is 172cm. I tried to find if there is any photo of her standing next to Guan Xiaotong (our Alice) whose official height is 173cm, but unfortunately found none. The problem is that in the showbiz the "official" height is kinda a floating number, some report less, some more, so even comparison between two celebs is quite impossible :unsure:

One good tip I have learned, ppl suggest to look at the waist lines more than the top of the head for the height comparison. So once ZZ will start promotions for My Girlfriend drama with Bridgette, I will be for sure checking their waist lines :lol:

When it comes to comparing, one extra "no comparison no hurt" example ;)

Saw the following pic (cr. Harper's Bazaar Men) of Qi Wei and her husband Li Chengxuan...

Spoiler

X2s0TGk.jpg

....and what I thought about immediately? see spoiler :rolleyes:

Spoiler

5FE1gBD.jpg

cr. Men's Uno

As @nyota said: "strange posing and detached faces versus super comfortable and sexy" :phew:

Gosh, I think I should stop now. Okay, two last things.

1. Article about ZZ in TSingapore magazine, original article link HERE.

Please if you can also like and comment on their FB and Youtube accounts:

FB link HERE

YT link HERE

Thank you :wub:

2. Continuing with the Yuzhou Japanese saga ;)( @snowlight351 ) JY Pegasus movie will be part of special Chinese Film Festival in March (see the poster in spoiler, cr. H .Jingyu Japan FC)

Spoiler

cJLHGqh.jpg

Sorry, two more things :sweat_smile:

3. Saw this on JY supertopic on weibo :P

Spoiler

mQRPSGK.jpg

4. I just cant :w00t:

Spoiler

Apart from blond JY, we got blond zz now too :crazy::lol:

qk3lXmv.jpg

fHmmWr6.jpg

Have a nice week everybody!

• Like 4

I just want to say that the music video for Walking Slowly always makes me cry. It's both heart-warming and heart-breaking, knowing the context of their circumstances both in and out of the Addicted universe.

Also, I have a question: if JY stands for Jing Yu, then how come Wei Zhou is not WZ? Why is it ZZ instead?

Edited by manifester
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Who else feels for Gu Hai when Bai Luo Yin is making him sleep in his own new bed in Episode 8? Gu Hai looks so defeated when he says something like "You don't have to be so heartless" to Bai Luo Yin.

He just wants to sleep next to Bai Luo Yin.... My heart sinks at this scene, because I can actually understand Gu Hai's disappointment at that moment.

But something interesting..... later Bai Luo Yin tells him "If you come over here again, I'll switch rooms with my dad."

2 things about this:

1. it means that Bai Luo Yin actually already knows that Gu Hai really wants to sleep next to him so that they can be close to each other, not because of the "you'll catch a cold" excuse. Him threatening to switch rooms with his dad implies that he knows it will deter Gu Hai from coming over, so that means that Bai Luo Yin is aware of Gu Hai's feelings :) 

2. it also means that Bai Luo Yin secretly doesn't mind being next to Gu Hai; otherwise he would either have switched rooms from the beginning, or switch rooms at that moment. But of course not - he never does, ever :) 

Edited by manifester
  • Like 2

WZ has a song called 塵埃 (Dust), and there is a line in the chorus there's a part that says "wo de ai" (my love). It's been brought to my attention that in the last chorus of the same song, he replaces this "ai" with "hai" (sea). This is the same "hai" as in Gu Hai, as the "Hai" is written with the same character as "sea". Therefore, he sings "wo de hai" (my sea or my Hai - same thing).

Neat, isn't it?

By the way, it's a REALLY GREAT song. I love it so much.

• Like 2

Can't believe I just created an account just to comment here :rolleyes:

I'm a 31 year old business woman and I can't stop watching/reading BL drama. I think I need help! :lol: 

Thank you so much for all these posts and regular updates for us international fans of YuZhou! I NEVER thought I would EVER be so Addicted to ANY BL drama series in my life, until 1 year ago. It has captivated me and inspired me to draw BL illustrations and write BL stories. 

But all fun aside, I just wanted to show my appreciation for this forum and how you all have helped me to understand what happened to this series and the actors after the horrible injustice in 2016. It only shined a light on how important, we, as a community should support the right thing, because things WILL change, they ALWAYS have and they ALWAYS will. It's just about when. 

I hope one day ZZ and JY will be able to meet publicly again, weather as friends or more, because as celebrities they would be a huge impact for the LGBTQ community and would help millions of chinese gay people to fight for their rights.

From my personal view, one of my girl friends is dating a chinese girl. The first time I met her she told me to not take any photos of her or tag her on any picture because she didn't want anyone from her family or community to accidentally see her with her girlfriend. She is 28 years old, well educated and smart woman, but she still can't be herself and has to constantly be on guard with her private life. It tore my heart hearing this, because in my country, being gay is perfectly fine. So, it's horrible how laws of a country can infect people's private lifes like that. 

But until then, fight with them by supporting your local LGBTQ communities and continue to spread positivity into the world and never feel ashamed for love :wub:   it's the most beautiful thing we have in this world and there will always be people around who support it!

Thanks again! 

• Like 2

On 3/4/2019 at 12:54 PM, manifester said:

Also, I have a question: if JY stands for Jing Yu, then how come Wei Zhou is not WZ? Why is it ZZ instead?

I am not Chinese, so I can only make guess based on what I observed or heard. Chinese people like to double words because it sounds cute (thats explanation I got, I cannot personally judge if it sounds cuter or not :lol:), so for example, instead of 开心 (kaixin, means "happy"), they sometimes say 开开心心 (kaikai xinxin, still means "happy"). Often the doubling is applied to names too, so for example HaoHao and ChenChen (from Let go of my baby) full names are: Dan YuHao and Xiao BoChen (using Jiaersubs source, link HERE ), but only their last part is used and then doubled. Therefore I guess its the same with ZZ and his ZhouZhou.

For JY, i think the "whale" nick probably follows him from the young age as well, as its kinda obvious nickname (鲸鱼 jingyu, "whale"), it doesnt look like anybody is using "YuYu" for him. Chinese probably think it doesnt sound good, but I really cant judge :lol:

On 3/6/2019 at 12:33 PM, manifester said:

WZ has a song called 塵埃 (Dust), and there is a line in the chorus there's a part that says "wo de ai" (my love). It's been brought to my attention that in the last chorus of the same song, he replaces this "ai" with "hai" (sea). This is the same "hai" as in Gu Hai, as the "Hai" is written with the same character as "sea". Therefore, he sings "wo de hai" (my sea or my Hai - same thing).

I agree, its very sweet. Its also @nyota one of the most favorite Yuzhou thing ;) I heard ZZ singing it live at his bday concert in Beijing and it made everybody crazy and crazily happy :wub:

On 3/7/2019 at 3:01 PM, Flipps87 said:

Can't believe I just created an account just to comment here :rolleyes:

Hello @Flipps87 and welcome fellow business woman in the Yuzhou realm B)

Thank you for sharing the story...

Spoiler

I think quite some people in China are okay with gay people, especially the younger people, but of course not all and there are huge differences between generations, especially the older generations. So I hope eventually, over time more and more people will be accepting of gay people in China :wub:

One example from my local gym in China. There were two men I would say in their mid-twenties kissing each other and kinda making out directly in the gym. Now gym is usually rather "testosterone-driven" place, so for these two to feel comfortable enough to openly show they are together, i think it speaks volumes. (just to clarify, it was all very innocent).

Regarding our Yuzhou, there have been quite busy this week.

ZZ TV Drama Quality Awards on 5th March

We started (and unfortunately finished too :() with the red carpet. Livestream was via Tencent app, so quality was quite good.

I am sure everybody have seen ZZ's fantastic shirt :P

One interesting thing. The lady MC wanted to hold the mic for ZZ during the short interview, but ZZ didnt want to and took the mic from her in a rather assertive way.

Screenshot 1, ZZ taking the mic (cr. Tencent app) and it looked like he is trying to avoid the lady's fingers :phew:

Spoiler

DFbi9Ie.jpg

Screenshot 2, ZZ successfully holding the mic by himself

Spoiler

FFk8jRW.jpg

For the Awards ceremony itself, there was no livestream, which many of us watching didnt know. Everybody on both tencent and iqiyi streams were asking about it, but nobody knew. i especially wanted to see ZZ playing the guitar solo that was revealed by ZZ Fanclub. What a bummer. Funnily enough, as I decided to give up, there was JY ORS broadcasted on CCTV6 :lol: can swap one yuzhou for another :D

The Awards Ceremony was broadcasted today on Dongfang TV as cut and edited version. It feels bit lame, cos I got really spoiled by all that live coverage of yuzhou events :P

Screenshot from CCTV app by me, ZZ receiving his apple-looking "trophy" for All-round Artist (everybody had to pick up his/her trophy him themselves from a table actually)

Spoiler

4sG6S3I.jpg

Apart from ZZ, three more artists were awarded and the "Fantastic Four" was asked for some poses :lol: (see spoiler)

Spoiler

10dQzgw.jpg

Finally it was time for the music! Our "Guitar Hero" nailed it! B)

Spoiler

Zg2cA78.jpg

Also its interesting to compare with ZZ rehearsal photo ;)(cr. ZZ studio weibo)

Spoiler

yU1uc3g.jpg

ZZ looks bit dorky here, dont you think? Still very adorable :)

To make it "interesting" for CPFs we had JY Meifubao event today in Foshan as well! And both were originally scheduled to start at 19:30. Talk about coincidences... So I had to set up my streaming station again :lol: (see spoiler)

Spoiler

LeACtuf.jpg

Here I was totally unlucky, the official stream via Suning app (which I took the pains to download and install) was not working, there was some chinese chick only and after lots of lagging, buffering and complete shutdown, the livestream was closed :wacko: Fortunately my friend sent me a link, Lion Sis was livestreaming from the venue herself. Thank you very much! :rolleyes: So after lots of stress, I managed to see JY for few minutes. Well, he didnt stay long anyway, there were more pre-activities with fans that included some singing even. But I did get to see him, so I am not complaining. JY was dressed in a lovely light pink suit and it reminded me of ZZ pink suit photo that popped on the SimpleSearch app few days ago (see spoiler, cr. SimpleSearch)

Spoiler

5xc89Dj.jpg

Then my friend said its very similar to the pink suit JY is wearing on the Meifubao promo poster (see spoiler, screenshot from Suning app by me)

Spoiler

4Mv96EQ.jpg

JY pink suit for the event itself in spoiler, cr. on the pic

Spoiler

eIOdFB7.jpg

The most funny thing is that as soon as JY left the stage, ZZ name was announced on the Drama awards program! I mean, really?!

Last but not least, ZZ Laneige activity on 6th March.

There were lots of CPFs at the event in Hefei and way less BZs, i am not hating, just saying, also JY Meifubao was full of CPFs  :phew: I managed to find a livestream link, which only said there will be some lady showing Laneige makeup, but turned out she was streaming ZZ and she was also ZZ real fan, cos she couldnt stop herself from saying how handsome ZZ looks and was even bit ooohing and aaahing when ZZ started talking on the stage :wub:

The stream quality was not much, so im not even gonna share screenshot :unsure: Most important is that after the event, ZZ flew back to Shenzhen :phew:

Now, the biggest thing of the week, JY Weibo "PR Campaign". First the mysterious 3 selfies followed by THE weibo story.

Im just gonna link Bummie's posts here, she summed it nicely and thoroughly as usual.

JY Selfies, link HERE. The official version (also posted by JY studio) is 3y anniversary of HJT...

Spoiler

but its also been 3 days since ZZ left Shenzhen :ph34r:

JY Weibo Story, link HERE

I just would like to add few points to the Weibo story.  JY BGM is the same as the one used in ZZ Final Light promo/teaser video (I didnt realize myself, my Chinese friend told me). I have found the video on YT for those who have no weibo access, see spoiler, cr. 11301020

Spoiler

Teaser

Promo video

Adding ZZ studio weibo cover, as it was in a different Bummie post (see spoiler, cr. ZZ studio weibo)

Spoiler

ePiRAus.jpg

One more point from my Chinese friend, the original quote contains 相许 "xiang xu", which is similar to "想许“ (also "xiang xu"), which could be understood as "miss Xu" --> "miss ZZ" :wub:

So everybody can draw their own conclusions, but we felt its all rather touching and romantic

Yuzhou forever :heart:

• Like 4

Hello all :) A new member in the forum here to follow the world of Addicted and the two lovely boys! Thank you all for your hard work and sharing all the up to date news :) 

I was wondering where I can find songs of JY. He has sung a few OSTs I think. Is there a list somewhere ?  Thanks!! :)

• Like 2

On 3/9/2019 at 10:29 PM, Sayu9913 said:

Hello all :) A new member in the forum here to follow the world of Addicted and the two lovely boys! Thank you all for your hard work and sharing all the up to date news :)

I was wondering where I can find songs of JY. He has sung a few OSTs I think. Is there a list somewhere ?  Thanks!! :)

Hello there @Sayu9913 and welcome here:wub:

Re JY OST songs, I dont know if there is any list, what I know of and can find on YT:

1. Date with the Stars show - there is one version where JY sings with the other cast members and then there is version when JY sings it by himself. It sounds bit sad compared to the first version, but its beautiful to listen to JY's soulful voice.

(YT link in spoiler, JY version, have also ENG SUBS and pinyin version)

Spoiler

2. ORS - the same thing, one version with all, one only JY

(YT link in spoiler, JY version) For some reason I really listen lot to this song :rolleyes:, but im trying not to think too much about the lyrics :sweatingbullets:

Spoiler

3. Small "bonus" - not OST song, but I like it too, JY singing "Red Bean" song at Dongfang TV Mid-autumn Festival program

(YT link in spoiler)

Spoiler

Just a quick note if anybody would like to watch the 13th Asian Film Festival on 17th March. There is official livestream via opensky.tv app (can find on app store or google play)

From AFA13 Twitter, Red Carpet starts at 6pm (in the app it says 5:30pm, so not sure which is correct), Awards Ceremony at 7:30pm, all in China time

ellQLdJ.jpg

The app is in Chinese, but the AFA pops up on the main page, so it should be easy to find the stream once its live (fingers crossed ;))

See spoiler, screenshot from opensky.tv app by me

Spoiler

fIUwaWq.jpg

I found there also a list of all nominations; as we already know JY has been nominated in the Best Newcomer Category with the following actors/actresses:

8XoRb57.jpg

Jiayou Jingyu! :heart:

Edited by tuzicr
fixed typos
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

From what I know, there are 3 different DVD/Bluray releases for Addicted: Korean, Taiwanese, and Thai. Do they all have different sets of behind-the-scenes footages from each other?

Also, does anyone know how I can buy the Thai-release DVD set? It seems to be out of print on YesAsia.

Thank you.

15 hours ago, manifester said:

From what I know, there are 3 different DVD/Bluray releases for Addicted: Korean, Taiwanese, and Thai. Do they all have different sets of behind-the-scenes footages from each other?

Also, does anyone know how I can buy the Thai-release DVD set? It seems to be out of print on YesAsia.

Thank you.

From rewatching the behind the scenes on YT (almost everyday), I believe they have a lot of overlapping scenes but there are some nice juicy scenes that can only be found in each. I like this one in particular: 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Saikya said:

From rewatching the behind the scenes on YT (almost everyday), I believe they have a lot of overlapping scenes but there are some nice juicy scenes that can only be found in each. I like this one in particular: 

Aaawww it's so beautiful and heartfelt! Those two have the best chemistry ever.

Now I really want to have the Thai-release DVD set! I love this series more than any other series I've ever seen in my life.

• Like 2

On 3/16/2019 at 2:39 PM, manifester said:

Plus now the Japanese version . I think there are even some differences between the DVD and Blueray editions, but I cannot say what exactly. The Korean should be the longest one in terms of BTS footage ;)

On 3/17/2019 at 6:16 AM, Saikya said:

This is the extra stuff from Thai DVD that hopefully Lovely Things will sub eventually.

The full video in spoiler, cr. 宇宙糖果屋

Spoiler

Yuzhou_Office have added Chinese subs, so at least I can catch some stuff.

The part that includes video from @Saikya Basically ZZ and JY start rehearsing the kidnap scene and JY is not sure about how to do all the movements and hand gestures and stuff, so they call in Xiao Long to help JY.  The director is there too, but he intervenes later on. Some interesting parts: when JY grabs ZZ at his waist, ZZ laughs and then tells JY to either grab him higher or lower cos it tickles and it makes him smile (which spoils the scene). Xiao Long also tells JY he can/should grab ZZ face cos in general they want JY to act it out more fiercely and as if GH is bit crazed. So JY does it like twice, but then he touches ZZ face softly and asks ZZ if it hurt. To which ZZ just smiles and ask JY to continue with his lines before he forgets them :D This is just what I remember on top of my head, but its all really very sweet and I really hope we get the sub version :wub:

Now, latest Yuzhou news.

JY got the AFA award for the Best Newcomer! So happy for boss, so deserved. JY not only received his award, he also presented an award for the Best Cinematography. The livestream was working quite well and to my surprise they were on time, which is not something that usually happens with Chinese events :lol:

JY also posted a selfie (recently he has been posting loads of them on his weibo) and for once we got the pro photo. But I still like when JY posts the "real" photos of himself. Keep it real boss B)

No spoiler, cr. JY weibo

H5TmQ1I.jpg

I always like it when the top comment is from a CPF :phew: also "26 replies" :lol:

Second big news, ZZ reached 11mil weibo followers! Great work, eventhough we were joking with @nyota how did that happen when "all" ZZ did between 10mil (end of December 2018) and 11mil was shooting Pingpong drama :P just kidding , we are very happy for ZZ.

Now we need Thunder to hit the market to get JY some boost. Not that the weibo followers is all that matters, but its a KPI that for sure all stakeholders are looking at. Yuzhou weibo followers numbers in spoiler, screenshot from weibo by me. (Note. not sure if everybody knows, but 万 is 10000 in Chinese, they have a funky way of counting numbers :sweatingbullets:)

Spoiler

baicMhX.jpg

NZPVprS.jpg

We also got Yuzhou in the 2018 Annual Fashion Brands Celebs Accomplishment ranking (rough translation), ZZ ranked No.10 and JY No.3! Nice :P

Spoiler

Also JY ranked higher than Victoria who placed No.6. No hate, just saying :phew:

Link to the video in spoiler below, cr. Qing Ruan

Spoiler

Speaking of Yuzhou "marketing", I have quite by accident found out that Kenzo official weibo kept two posts of JY and ZZ from 2016, related to the ELLE MEN photoshoot :wub:

See spoiler, screenshot from weibo by me, cr. Kenzo

Spoiler

tkpp8Q3.jpg

R2EV8L6.jpg

Now, the "famous" 100 Most Handsome Faces of Asia. Well, we didnt make it to the list...

Spoiler

Shen Teng did and ended up as no.21 He was making jokes on Weibo saying he "refuses" to be 21. Some fan commented he can hide the 2 and will be No.1 :joy:

BUT we made it to 100 Most Handsome Faces of China. JY No.74 and ZZ No.61

(screenshot from LikeTLCAsia 2018 yt channel by me)

Spoiler

lhgQWRJ.jpg

MWC4aiI.jpg

I think Pegaus Team really nailed it, because in the China list Shen Teng is No.10 and Yin Zheng No.65!

Spoiler

IXTxqMR.jpg

qjadyYg.jpg

And there were some other interesting winners...

Spoiler

Happy Camp main host

iD3OUNs.jpg

Jackson No.4! Congratulations

Th0wgm2.jpg

?

6fhO82n.jpg

It feels it turned bit into popularity voting, but it is understandable if the base was weibo voting (the instagram likes for Chinese celebs were minor compared to the reposts on weibo).

A kind soul posted Pegasus on YT:wub:

Spoiler

with Eng sub, cr. Qing Ruan

ZZ is scheduled to film 天天向上 (every day make progress/improvement) show on 26th March for Hunan TV. I saw a list of other guests that should be on the same episode as ZZ, but none rang any bells. Which doesnt mean much :sweat_smile:

My friend says its a show similar to Happy Camp. As Happy Camp it should broadcast on Hunan TV and Mango TV app.

I checked and it looks like Hunan TV Official YT channel is uploading the episodes too.

Jiayou ZZ!

Edited by tuzicr
Note added
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody,

sorry I have not been able to post recently, too busy :sweatingbullets:

Here comes some quick Yuzhou update :wub:

1. Drama rumors. The better type of rumors when ppl speculate about yuzhou next projects. Nothing was officially confirmed, so just read for fun :glasses:

Spoiler

For JY we have the "Youth Genesis" drama that was silent for a long time, only to re-surface yet again. The rumor mills say filming ceremony on 25th April in Xiamen (the same city as Half Moon Alice movie). Two "brand" new female leads Wu Jinyan (b. 1990) and Xuan Lu (b. 1991), I have never heard about them, based on what I could find on Baidu, both are originally ballet dancers. well, anything better than Asura witch. My Chinese friend told me she was not really happy with WJY acting but hopes she can give us all a pleasant surprise :phew:

For ZZ we got "My Youth Loved You" drama, also nothing official yet, but filming should start in April. First it was supposed to be Dilireba with a different actor, than somebody said Dilireba was busy, project got delayed and the male lead was replaced with ZZ, then a new rumor said the main lead is Dongdong (Baby Let Go) and ZZ is second lead with Tan Songyun (English name "Seven", b. 1990), then another weibo account said the leads are ZZ and Seven without mentioning the second male character at all :blink: Based on the plot synopsis its two-guys-one-girl story line, so there needs to be another guy apart from ZZ. B) TSY seems to be an actress on the rise, @artemis73 already saw her in Love O2O movie but unfortunately cannot remember her :(

Then we have JY rumored to be part of some kind of military-theme reality show "Special Warfare" created by Tencent. The "funny" thing is that there was a date of release mentioned already, 4th May, which is very specific and very soon :ph34r: Apart from JY, there are supposed to be three other guys, among them Elvis (yet again :lol:).

2. JY Thunder, the highly anticipated release is still up in the air. The rumored release presscon on 14th April didnt happen eventhough JY flew to Beijing on 14th, but if its related I have no clue and havent even seen any info about JY schedule in Beijing. Looks like boss is more mysterious than ever B) Last time JY was flying in and out of Beijing it was around his bday and afterwards he started filming Half Moon Alice, so hopefully the pattern repeats itself :rolleyes:

3. Some more concrete stuff, ZZ Tian Tian Xiang Shang show should broadcast on Sunday 21st April and we get to see ZZ wearing his lovely jeans jacket...

Spoiler

zaPvgs3.jpg

(cr. on the pic). First I thought its zz sitting on a red towel, so that his fancy jeans jacket doesnt get dirty, but turns out its the back part of the jacket :lol:

TTXS just uploaded a promo of zz on their Tictoc app account, where zz is showing us the whole thing 360 degrees :w00t: (screenshot from tictoc by me)

9iz8ehs.jpg

And "Golden Classics" program (loose translation) should air on Saturday 20th April (according to Baidu), where ZZ made the guest appearance and will give us a song wearing lovely Givenchy outfit (see spoiler, cr. on the pic)

Spoiler

xUYuWHW.jpg

The June Paris Fashion Week is just around the corner, so in preparation I seem to "fashion-stalk" both yuzhou now :D

Yesterday, Tmall Genie weibo account posted about ZZ as their new spokesperson (well, it was again "guess who is that", but this time it was a no-brainer cos the video voice narrator was ZZ himself :P). ZZ should participate in their new product release activity on 18th April in Beijing (kinda wish JY could keep himself busy in Beijing till at least 17th cos now ZZ is supposed to be in Shanghai). I have no clue if there will be a livestream for the release, but the official weibo posted a lovely poster with the address of the venue and even included a little map :lol: (see spoiler, cr. Tmall Genie weibo)

Spoiler

LcVxScR.jpg

Thats pretty much all I got, so lets finish with one "power couple yuzhou" pic (cr. on the pic)

Happy Easter everybody!:wub:

fnNMjqu.jpg

Edited by tuzicr
typo fixed
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Hi all, wishing everyone here, all baobaos on Soompi YuZhou family a 'Happy 4.17' day! ~   2016 17th April was a VERY 'emotional' day for all YuZhou baobaos...! ...Now, I'm thankful we're still here for our boys in 2019.  Old/new baobaos, continue to walk slowly with YuZhou and with all baobaomen. Keep your fire and passion burning for YuZhou because they are REAL and WORTH it!  April 17th 2016 marked 'the ending' of YuZhou together in public:bawling: but also 'the beginning' of their love (the recognition of) and their journey with each other (in private) for greater love, things and future together! And we have been their 'witnesses' from the beginning...all baobaomen!  This journey with YuZhou is a lifetime commitment, for me, it is.  I hope it's the same for you all too! ...Bless our boys...bless all good and faithful baobaos!  Big hugs and love to you all!:kiss_closed: For our boys, we cheers and walk on!  Take care, everyone! ;)... :heart::heart::heart:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everybody!

Not only I have little free time these day, I got swamped by watching JY Thunder. At first I thought I wait for the sub version, then i thought i maybe watch without subs the free version and i ended up watching is "live" on iQiyi :w00t: Talk about resolutions, right?

Here are some first impressions of the series (i have watched 8 episodes so far, two are waiting for me for tonight, because ZZ with his live Olympics event got priority B))

I will not talk much about the story, but in case i touch upon that, i will put a note and hide all in the spoiler.

1. High quality production. I think that money was not an issue here. There are many exterior scenes and i would guess even the hospital scenes were shot in the real hospital, its not just a "studio" built. Therefore the whole series has a very real feel, because its happening at real places.

2. Camera angles. It reminded me bit Addicted because the director from Addicted also liked to use unusual angles and filming through objects/barriers that are seemingly in the way of the shot but actually adding depth to the frame. Here the director of Thunder took it even one step further. It seems like he really likes to play with the camera and offers the scene from very different views/angles, which are interesting but at the same time not disturbing, i didnt feel the cut/editing is confusing or too obvious and the more I watch it, the more I am looking forward to what else I will get to see, what other surprises the director prepared.

Here one example in spoiler, its when Lifei (JY character) is being interrogated. cr. iQiyi

Spoiler

0OMWI8l.jpg

Apart from the angles, we also get interesting scenes that are filmed from the very distance and then at extreme proximity.

The only thing I personally didnt really enjoy is when Lifei is having a direct conversation with Li Weimin and its done as each is talking directly to the camera, looking into the camera. Its nice having JY looking at me like this, but it didnt feel right as the filming technique. But it could be just a matter of opinion.

3. Plot arrangement. This is another very smart way how to keep viewers entertained and interested. Basically in one episode we see some scene and then in the next episode(s), we go back to the same scene in a rather roundabout way and extra details are added to the scene or something that happened before or after that. The smart part is that I didnt feel like i was missing anything, its just building up on what I already knew.

4. Flashbacks. We get lots of the scenes that show what happened in the past, both recent and some really old stuff (like when Lifei was at police academy for example). It happened to me with some Asian dramas before that the flashbacks were messy and I had hard time figuring out when its flashback and when its the present time. In Thunder, the flashbacks are organized rather neatly, its always easy to know what time we are at. So far they mostly added background to Lifei's life.

Spoiler in the spoiler as an example.

Spoiler

Li Weimin sent Lifei his hoodie when Life is held in custody by police. The flashback we get is a little story how Lifei was with LWM in a store shopping for clothes. LF was arguing the clothes LWM picks makes him look really old and was pushing him to try the funky two-color hoodie that in the present time LWM sent to LF.

5. Who is the good guy and who is the bad guy? Another cool thing, most of the characters could be both good and bad (apart from JY character of course :wub:) and Thunder is playing with our mind, giving us different hints that suggest this or that character is the bad one, both on the police side and in the drug business. Not only that, they keep giving out hints that who I thought could be bad, is actually doing something good, so my mind is like a pendulum swing :blink: Again, it makes it more interesting to watch, but due to that I keep changing my "attachments" to different characters on daily basis :lol:

6. JY. I really like watching JY act in Thunder because finally he got the opportunity to showcase his acting abilities, show his range. I like his little quirky poses and all the face expressions he makes and it just all feels natural and interesting. Mostly here its not the type of acting that would only require standing/sitting in a place and do the talking, but even when LF is being interrogated and that is rather "stationary" scene, JYcan come up with few different things to give it some extra depth.

Some pics (cr. iQiyi) in spoiler with minor actual spoiler.

Spoiler

LF decided he doesnt want to cooperate in the interrogation anymore. Just look at the body language. Like a rebelling teenage boy :D

YB7DiB9.jpg

Eh9KDvC.jpg

We also get to see JY doing some funny acts (everybody has seen the hospital injured lag gig) and he is even smiling here and there ;) one cute smile in spoiler, cr. iQiyi

Spoiler

tPASKyr.jpg

On top of that we see JY doing BJJ that adds a really nice element to his character because we all know JY is a pro. It feels bit "wrong" when Life is defeated at fight at some times because I feel JY would just nail it, but its needed for the story, i can accept that:phew:

7. JY/Lifei clothes. Thats actually hilarious because I remember when during Thunder filming the usual JY-goes-to-work/JY-off-work photos were not hiding his clothes as not to spoil it for the drama as usual because apparently everybody thought its just JY clothes. Well, turns out they are used in the drama :lol: the baggy cargo pants, the old grey tshirt that (thanks to the JY-mentioned 4K quality) is visibly pilling and the good ole' Vans shoes that JY sometimes used as slippers and many more.

See spoiler for Vans shoes "evidence", cr. iQiyi

Spoiler

XWFRJee.jpg

Actual spoiler in spoiler about JY character

Spoiler

First two episodes were great, cos there was lots of action for JY and his character. Investigating, arresting people, later running from police, fighting,  super cool! then he got into police custody and its interrogation after interrogation with some flashbacks. i want the real deal back! :ph34r:

Fortunately, i think its about to change because JY just posted on his weibo that he wants practically the same. He wants LF to get out and investigate B) I hear you boss.

I personally prefer crime dramas to romance dramas, so I was really looking forward to Thunder because i really wished I could enjoy it because its a interesting drama as well, not just because its a drama JY stars in. And so far I truly like it. I dont understand all obviously, my Chinese level is way below  for this, but I look at it as a really intense Chinese language course.:sweatingbullets: Boss makes me work real hard :blink:

I hope many people will enjoy the drama both in China and outside and if anybody here feels like sharing what they think after watching it, please do :wub:

It wouldnt feel right to post only about JY, so as I mentioned ZZ got his big event today, the event for 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics, its 1000days before they officially start. For this occasion we got another gala and ZZ was not only performing a song (Glory), he was co-hosting as well! I think the nerves of being live with so many people watching got bit to ZZ, but he was very determined and really worked hard to conduct himself in a professional way.

I dont know much about what ZZ was actually talking about because seeing him all tall, cute, in the white attire and hosting (that is a big plus because instead of the usual long wait followed by 4-5 mins of seeing ZZ, I got lots of ZZ this time ^_^), i was just enjoying watching him :rolleyes:

In spoiler ZZ aka the investigative journalist :P screenshot by me from Youku app

Spoiler

OzYEIva.jpg

Some funky stuff from streaming in the spoiler.

Spoiler

Nobody can probably forget ZZ "Born Stubborn"  rapping song, well I couldnt have been more surprised when I saw the name's song on the screen and the original group performed it live :D

There was song titled "Breaking ice" 破冰 which is part of JY Thunder drama name in chinese (破冰行动 literally "Breaking Ice Operation"), so I took the opportunity and asked in the comments if anybody is watching 破冰行动 :D kinda used it as free promo for JY :P

There were two users who asked if there are any baizhous present to which i didnt see any response :phew: there were quite a few of us who were constantly spamming ZZ name in the comments and I could see at least two clear CPFs, cos one had Universe in the nick and the other had JY pic and user nick was HJY :D i was in a good company indeed :wub:

Lets finish with a Yuzhou pic because spring is finally here!

VehH5Zy.jpg

Happy streaming everybody! :heart:

• Like 1
  • Love 1