2 hours ago, randomnovice said:

Of course, I admit that my faith in them is shaken too. It's not that I suddenly change my POV about the boys, I still believe they have sincere feelings toward each other behind the screen (yes, in my deluded mind, what's on screen is not always necessarily the truth), but if what I suspect is true, these obstacles from every directions are bound to leave scars for them and drifting them farther from each other (seriously, even the thought of this is depressing). What I'm worried about is... even straight couples break their ties when it gets too hard, what about our boys? Can they handle it? Zhouzhou's update makes me unable to take positive attitude on this matter. God, I'm being so contradictory right now. I hope you won't find me indecisive, it's just that, the turmoil in my heart blasts a cacophony that wreck my usual capacity for thinking.

Well then, since I can do nothing, I will just pray they'll be given the best for them. This is my rant. Thank you for reading.

Finally I just want to say... Stay strong, have faith, and believe in YuZhou.

I feel you but if they are really fated to be together and love each other ( doesn't matter if it's as brothers or lovers or any kind of love there is) then nothing can bring them apart... Not even Sparta
That's what I believe :)
And the personality of our boys is that they are true to themselves and loyal so I think there's no need to worry  :blush:

We just need to keep believing them!

Whenever my belief wavers I keep listening to this...

There is only one person JY would sing that to and this person is ZZ
No matter what everyone says... They will never forget each other even if it's hard

EDIT:
YuZhou Meme
Cr: Goes to the owner

• Like 16

5 hours ago, skeletonworks said:

I made a pictorial guide to vote for Jingyu.

Vote him here:

http://3g.163.com/touch/idol/star79

Reveal hidden contents

Kaxp4DX.jpg

Just curious @skeletonworks Is there a way for those that do not have Weibo or Wechat to aid in the voting? I would like to help definitely if possible but I can't access either Weibo or Wechat (international fan in America) So feeling helpless. Would appreciate knowing if there is any way that I can help.

• Like 8

Today is JY's Lunar Birthday. :blush:

The Netease voting you can vote 60 flowers every 1min. Can use a countdown timer (I just use the google one) 
@filmlore46 Actually is Weibo and QQ (not Wechat), are you able to get a QQ account?
Actually can also use the 163(Netease) email but need phone number to register their email too so not plausible.

---------------

JY Fanacc compilation translation requested by Fuu~~
cr. 吵吵其实很安静

I'll let cute bearo bearo do the editing next time KpfVp0q.png Took too long to do.

Some note: Sorry if it's hard to read cause there are some difficulties. Eg: There is no plural or singular for items so when I translate for example, fan or fans I don’t really know the OP means plural or singular sometimes. Also laugh and smile is the same word in Chinese so I don’t really know if it’s laughing or just smiling, same with taking photo and filming, it’s the same word. And some are hard to translate because of informal usage of words and all those sound effects or some I don’t really know what the OP means so it may be kind of hard to understand. Some I don’t know if it’s the talking, actions, or comment from OP because all are in one line with no brackets or something separating them out (but I put brackets when I translate).

Spoiler

Sed5AjI.jpg

6KEVwQK.jpg

• Like 20

7 hours ago, bearology said:

ZZ weibo update

关在小黑屋

Translated by Gashu "Locked in a small dark room"

6b202cedjw1faexfbddzjj22io1w1qvb.jpg

Hide contents

6b202cedjw1faexf1v8mpj220k2iob2e.jpg

There's a person sitting really very close to ZZ in these pix, like almost leaning on ZZ's right shoulder. i cannot make it out if the person is a he or she. anybody?

• Like 1

Thank you @gashupingo and for the ones that helped you translate this too. (If ever there were) 

Love the fanacc. Of these fans. So sweet and caring JY is. I've noticed that fans are also going after Zheng Ge now a days. Looks like he got his own fans too. 

If ZZ really does come out and say he's dating ZhouYu then is there a possible chance that JY and ZZ can be seen public?

Hoping this is what ZZ's music next. I really want something really rock metal hard core from him. Sorry to those that don't want this but I wanna see him. And if he produces some good materials he could become famous like OOK and Babymetal did. Ready for ZZ's bad boy image to start. 

And YZ. 

Fans are so creative. 

• Like 11

Guest skeletonworks
1 hour ago, gashupingo said:

Today is JY's Lunar Birthday. :blush:

The Netease voting you can vote 60 flowers every 1min. Can use a countdown timer (I just use the google one) 
@filmlore46 Actually is Weibo and QQ (not Wechat), are you able to get a QQ account?
Actually can also use the 163(Netease) email but need phone number to register their email too so not plausible.

---------------

JY Fanacc compilation translation requested by Fuu~~
cr. 吵吵其实很安静

I'll let cute bearo bearo do the editing next time KpfVp0q.png Took too long to do.

Some note: Sorry if it's hard to read cause there are some difficulties. Eg: There is no plural or singular for items so when I translate for example, fan or fans I don’t really know the OP means plural or singular sometimes. Also laugh and smile is the same word in Chinese so I don’t really know if it’s laughing or just smiling, same with taking photo and filming, it’s the same word. And some are hard to translate because of informal usage of words and all those sound effects or some I don’t really know what the OP means so it may be kind of hard to understand. Some I don’t know if it’s the talking, actions, or comment from OP because all are in one line with no brackets or something separating them out (but I put brackets when I translate).

Hide contents

Sed5AjI.jpg

6KEVwQK.jpg

OMG. I thought it was Wechat. LOL. I don't have Wechat or QQ so I don't know the icon. Blindly guess lol.

Guys, don't forget to make sure that you're "registered" on a new day before voting. Don't let your votes go to waste!

(I just spoke to an ex-university mate, a Chinese currently living in Shanghai, who also watched Shangyin kekekeke. He said that the boys are actually not famous in China. I know that but the sudden realisation when it came from someone who's living in China, who watched Shangyin but not really into the fandom, really hits hard lol. When you're in the fandom, you saw them attending many events, won many awards, you might forget and thought that they're very popular, a lot of fans, that everything is going fine and dandy for them. But the hard truth is their popularity is mostly online popularity...)

------------------------------------

Thanks @gashupingo for translating this long fan account!

I've read some of the fan accounts in here before but some are relatively new to me. And some are like I've seen the clips before without knowing what they were talking about, so while reading this compilation, I can imagine which clip was the fan account from. It's so nice finally being able to understand what some clips were about.

Fan account #26 in particular, he actually said "baby" in English. I remember it so well because he said it in English and he sounded so sexy when he said it. Oh well he sounds sexy whenever he speaks foreign language and cute when he speaks Mandarin.

Summary:

• Fans literally went crazy when he speaks. Me too T_T His voice, the way he talks aaahhhhh... If only I can understand Chinese, I bet his accent is cute just like what all the C-fans gushed over it...
  • A man with a great witty sense of humour. He's just fun to interact with.
  • Overall, a darling. A sweetheart. A warm guy. Aiya. My heart.... Always concern about his fans.
  • Good at pretending not to hear. LOL.

@1blankstare I'm also a fan of Zheng ge kekeke. He has such a warm sweet face just like Jingyu... 

Just logged in and met with so many depressed posts. Whoaaaaaaa.... stare-screen-smiley.gif

So... what's the news with Zhouzhou and Yu Tong (am I right?)? I was trying to find out by back reading to 10 pages or so but I just got more confused with the sudden changing mood in the thread lol. From drooling over Johnny's fanmeeting to so much depression

3orieVe5VYqTdT16qk.gif

Might be insensitive of me to ask this now since this already happened a few days before (and you might have already moved on from this) so I'm going to put my request in the spoiler

Spoiler

Kind soompiers who might still have/know the link to the infamous video of Zhouzhou and Yu Tong, please satisfy my curiosity by sending me the link to the video... praying-yahoo-emoticon.gif Pleasepleasepleaseplease

Also this is a late congratulations but congrats @bearology for becoming immortal. star-yahoo-emoticon.gif How you reach this rank so fast is so amazing. You rock! thumbs-up-yahoo-emoticon.gif

Basically this is how fast you reach this rank lol

m3u0Ez9.gif

Ok then bye everyone and stay warm! It's freezing where I am right now. Brr.. freez-in2-smiley.gif

And if where you are right now is hot then stay cool and keep hydrated! Heheh dancing-yahoo-emoticon.gif

• Like 16

On 12/4/2016 at 2:41 AM, Lululililululu said:

I don't think we will ever find out who leaked the video, or who decided to leak it on JY's birthday.  It could be the boys themselves or others who are jealous of their success.  Regardless of who and why, it happened, so it's probably not worth it for all of us to ponder on this for too long.  However, I think this incident accomplished two things (can be seen as both positive and negative): 1. It's such a shock to the CP fans that many will abandon ship. This is not necessarily a bad thing, as I do think it's for the best for JY and ZZ's careers to shed the CP image.  Even now, when you google their names or search on any media, they are always linked together (:wub:) and this may not be a good thing long term.  2. It sends a strong message to the remaining/loyal CP fans that this is a serious and even a dire situation.  They are being monitored, and there are many forces that are working against them.  Whether it's really Sparta, or just plain bad people, SOMEONE does not want them to be considered a CP.  Perhaps the CP fans will need to show our support less obviously, which is sad, but in a way, it's the only way that they can advance their careers.  Also, keep in mind that Guns and Kidneys, JY's movie, has not been released. Who knows if anything is happening behind the scenes to bring down the movie in some way.  

In my heart, I still believe that JY and ZZ are together and will continue to fight for their love.  But, I think they will take it underground, and will just love each other privately.  In the entertainment circle, there are TONS of secret and fake relationships, so I won't find it a surprise at all if there are girlfriends in the boys' future public lives.  What saddens me most, however, is that they are forced to hide their love to each other. IMO, JY seems to be a type of person that would love to show the world his love.  You can see his feelings on his face and in whatever he does.  I think it really pains both of them to have to hide their feelings for each other.  

So, I will show my support to each separately now (or at least not to show my CPFness TOO blatantly), but just like in JY's letter, if/when the day comes when they are free to show their love to the world, I will have a bottle of champagne ready to toast to Yuzhou, and it will never be too late.

I'm Totally agree in this... This will make US (CPF) become more and more carefull with our support to the boys. THE SPARTAN was still eyeing our boys so strictly... 

Although a bit late, I want to say sth like this.... 
"OMO, ZZ having a GF??? Oh my god, I don't know that U're a LESBIAN ZZ?!!!. Not good, not good. Please back to the right path ZZ!! princess, U should be with a MAN and with The prince Not with a princess or a quenn La..... Ckckckc!! Wasn't u're our princess ZZ??!! How about Ur Knight, ZZ? Not good princess, U're surelly will come back to ur prince, Believe it" :P:P:P:P

@bearology @skeletonworks @tea4two Hehehe, U guys, how about make yuzhou flag for US to use, and somehow a member card for yuzhou fansclub... ??!!!

Spoiler

At least right now, we need to be more secretly to show our support for the boys... :phew:
And what??? I strongly belive in their yuzhou's fate. Their fate will always interwined together. I remember long post before, the astrology analysis about the boys. It's said that "they can't let go of each other, their case was that of soulmate, 'love at first sight'" and all of their strange FATE and COINCIDENCE. This sentences was the one who make me still strongly believe in our boys. B)
I don't want to "againts" anybody else here, but I want to say. Maybe U can't believe in something that is out of logic or what we call "the other realm world" or "supernatural" thingy, but U need to remember that we live in a parallel world, there's 2 dimensional or even 3 dimension in our world. The supernatural world was the strongest factor in our world, cuz it didn't need time, or any condition to be happened. Wasn't U pray, wish and hope too?? Sooo, I strongly believed in their FATE that always crossed, Even YUZHOU [Universe] was giving their blessing. Even U can do anything in this world, U still cannot escape the HAND OF FATE. :wub: (our boys was fated to be together) . 

Maybe U'll think I'm crazy or taking yuzhou too seriously, but as we all know.... YUZHOU is just so different with other CP pairing.
If I'm just a crazed fujoshi girl that only want to satisfied my imagination of BL, why not ship other CP who didn't have any really really rude and hard restraint like yuzhou? Why bother to feel 'roller coaster' with this ship? Why bother to updates any info of them? wasting my time with all their update?? If its just a pity for them because they're banned.... sorry, I am already shipped them long before the news of them being banned together reached me.... :phew:. Like I'm always said before, "even if the later they're not banned again and can appear together in public", I'll still a yuzhou's fan, and support them. Alhtough I am a hard fujoshi, I'm still a Pure Shipper... Why not shipping other CP like QingYu, Eunjae or SuJu member who was really really love to give any fan service during their performance?? Sorry, they're still not soo "REAL" for me to absorb in them... LOL.. :phew: (sorry guys if any of U were their shipper..... didn't mean anything Laaa.... :w00t:)

We should become more strongest and hard steel our heart with that "rumour", not leaving and retreat.
But surely, the one who leave will surely come again, 'let's meet at another occation'. :D. C'mon guys, it was just a normal thingy in celebrity world, like dating here and there, then broke up here and there (cuz they're not the one u're searcing for, they're not the one for U). I strongly belive our boys was mean to be together. Even when marriage was involved, marry here and there, then divorce here and there... Hahaha. In our coutry here, marrying and divorcing between celebrity was a common thing and we were soo tired already about it... ^_^:sweatingbullets:

And still, just because of 1 video with 30s duration (Really??!!), It's enough to waver ur 1 whole year or another couple of months of faith?? 
Then your faith was not strong enough!!.... :phew::phew::phew::phew:

GREET TO ALL SOOMPIER FROM ME, WHILE YUZHOU WAS THE KEY OF MY LIFE... WKWKWKW....  KIDDING!!! GIVE ALL LOVE TO U GUYS WHO STILL STAYED STILL IN THIS SHIPP!!! 
:blush: :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

• Like 7

On 11/29/2016 at 10:33 PM, gesseki said:

CybhfiVVEAAMhFH.jpg

OUR KITTY CHOO CHOO!!!!!!!!! why so GORGEOUSSSSSSSS???? with this kind of face....you can make him wear garbage bag and still look SHUAI!!!!! cant blame boss whale for being crazy bout his kitty!:w00t::wub:

BOSSS WHALE....dancing!!!! ohhhhlalaaaaaaaaa!!!!! i could imagine our sisters & brothers(lol) screaming like hell during his dance number! hope nobody faints!!!! hahahahaha.....i salute you boss whale...you are true to you words...you said you want to improve yourself and make us proud of you! we already are.....but you keep on surprising us! and the proudest would be your personal dance instructor....who likes shiny shoes...hahahahahah.....we love you boys!!!!!!!

Khekekeke.... YAS and YAS!!!. ZZ sure is a breath taking beauty, too alluring Laaa !! (OMO, I'm Droolingg... :P) .... :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:
In our language, we call it "BENING!!" wkwkwk, means, pearly white and stunning beauty.... :w00t:
His look will always seducing thus we call zz, "seducer and bad CAT!!" :phew:
Tricky, Cheater and LOL still A BAD CAT I love his adventures image and his mischievous and his naughty image!!... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sure is, boss whale's dance was improved... Hohohohoho... Greet U Boss..... congratulation, congratulation!!!... B)B)B)B)

On 11/29/2016 at 11:06 PM, skeletonworks said:

A minute before that he posted Zhouzhou's photo first!!! Gaaaaaahhhhhh

背包的左边 票根的背面
我趁你不注意偷偷写下心愿
期待今夜天空星星不熄灭
在心里约定陪你到永远
@Johnny黄景瑜

006vBjclgw1fa9f6g799zj315120y1ky.jpg

YVaKRNQ.gifYVaKRNQ.gifYVaKRNQ.gifYVaKRNQ.gifYVaKRNQ.gifYVaKRNQ.gif

Kudos @bearology for the awesome Jingyu's timeline! I will pin it.. I trust you Bearo ;)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUANG JINGYU!!!!!

OMO.... Is that really trueee?!!!! Kkkkkkk, Papa 5ML sure is our SAVIOUR!!! Since Papa 5ML was still there, then that mean YUZHOU was still SAILED GUYS... :glasses: :heart:
Even if someday, our boss was "dismissed this ship" and told us to "descend from the ship" or "this ship was broken because of the strom". I'll still "build a home near the ship located" and waiting for the SHIP to SAIL again whenever is it... Me was a LOYAL CREW of THIS SHIP... :heart::heart::heart::heart:

• Like 4

Soo guys... I'm surfing and lurking on the net. And somehow find it on the net that, "LAY, an EXO-member, and his SOLO (monodramatic) was "beated" the ZZ's "toward the bright side" one song" So, I'm searcing for this LAY and what did U guys think I'm find. Kekeke... 

Spoiler
Zhang Yixing
Lay Zhang at 24th Seoul Music Awards 03.jpg
Lay at the 24th Seoul Music Awards in January 2015
Background information
Chinese name  (traditional)
Chinese name  (simplified)
Pinyin Zhāng Yìxīng (Mandarin)
Jyutping Zoeng1 Ngai6 Hing1(Cantonese)
Born October 7, 1991 (age 25)
Changsha, Hunan, China
Occupation
Genre(s)
Instrument(s)
Label(s)
Years active 1998–present
Associated acts
Website lay.smtown.com

Link : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lay_(entertainer)

Kekekeke.... See what I'm "Bold-ing and Red-ing"... Singer and song-writer? It's okay.... Vocals, Guitar... Fine...!! BUT, Piano, Beatbox???!! Seems soo similiar to our kitty ZZ??!!... LOL... (Maybe I'm just tooo delusional, since I'm a fujoshi... :P, wtf, we can be delusional as we wish...Laalalalala....) Or perhaps Lay was interested in our zhouzhou??!! kkkk, IDK, maybe This Guy already have a GF laaa... I'm just being me, with my fujoshi mind.... :P:phew:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, skeletonworks said:

(I just spoke to an ex-university mate, a Chinese currently living in Shanghai, who also watched Shangyin kekekeke. He said that the boys are actually not famous in China. I know that but the sudden realisation when it came from someone who's living in China, who watched Shangyin but not really into the fandom, really hits hard lol. When you're in the fandom, you saw them attending many events, won many awards, you might forget and thought that they're very popular, a lot of fans, that everything is going fine and dandy for them. But the hard truth is their popularity is mostly online popularity...)

Oh wow! I didn't know this.  I had always assumed that JY and ZZ are wildly popular in China, hence the ban and the constant interference.  If they are not popular, then why are they considered as a threat?  I watch a lot of dramas on Viki, so I know that JY and ZZ are not (yet) at the same level as stars like Hu Ge or the Wallaces, but I had always thought that they are at least the same popularity level as Yang Yang, Li Yifeng, and Jing Boran?  Of course, I normally don't follow C-Ent news so I'm probably the least qualified person to speak to this  :P Or perhaps they're more popular overseas?  If they have a huge online presence, then I guess that makes sense - international fans can only show their support online so it's less known in China?  I haven't heard of any other fans of Chinese stars that would buy space on Times Square (although maybe I never paid attention?). Now I'm curious - maybe I should start stalking weibo rankings and C-Ent news. LOL

Well, no matter - I'm sure that the boys will one day hush all of their critics.  Until that day (and beyond), I will surely support JY and ZZ!! 

• Like 5

Spoiler

2016–present: The Mystic Nine and Lose Control

In January 2016, Lay and the other cast members of Go Fighting! appeared in the Chinese movie Royal Treasure. In April 2016, he received the Most Popular Newcomer award at the 16th Top Chinese Music Awards. In May 2016, Lay made his small screen debut in the Chinese television series To Be A Better Man,[31][32] and released a Chinese song titled "Monodrama" as part of S.M. Entertainment's Station music project.[33] Written by Lay and co-composed and arranged with Divine Channel,[34] "Monodrama" broke records by staying at number 1 on YinYueTai's VChart for 5 consecutive weeks.

And then this.... Hoooo, So U feel like 'dislike it being "beaten"' by a newcomer like our ZZ ehhh?!!! Or there's something else? since U're a Senior, just let the junior get a little happiness would U and just let ZZ fly high for a while??!! Or maybe there's something else... .. ??!! Kekekeke.... @bearology @skeletonworks @tea4two @liesl

Lalalala.... Sorry for out of topic thread.... :phew::P

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lululililululu said:

And WHAT?!!! WTF?!! REALLY?!!! :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

9 minutes ago, Lululililululu said:

Oh wow! I didn't know this.  I had always assumed that JY and ZZ are wildly popular in China, hence the ban and the constant interference.  If they are not popular, then why are they considered as a threat?  I watch a lot of dramas on Viki, so I know that JY and ZZ are not (yet) at the same level as stars like Hu Ge or the Wallaces, but I had always thought that they are at least the same popularity level as Yang Yang, Li Yifeng, and Jing Boran?  Of course, I normally don't follow C-Ent news so I'm probably the least qualified person to speak to this  :P Or perhaps they're more popular overseas?  If they have a huge online presence, then I guess that makes sense - international fans can only show their support online so it's less known in China?  I haven't heard of any other fans of Chinese stars that would buy space on Times Square (although maybe I never paid attention?). Now I'm curious - maybe I should start stalking weibo rankings and C-Ent news. LOL

Well, no matter - I'm sure that the boys will one day hush all of their critics.  Until that day (and beyond), I will surely support JY and ZZ!! 

Hemmm, Yes.. Am really agree with Ur words in this.... If They're really not popular in china, why the ban and other mess here and there? Why treat them like a threat?!! Since they're just a junior.... :vicx:
We all knew that our boys have many fansite overseas and online.... :phew::phew::phew::phew:

And we knew too that our boys fans were really really pamper them and would give them any gifts, and even go to wherever they're going and surely guard them (of course their love) all over the place.... :wub:
Like some people here ever says, "The fans was the one who make them seems soo special..." Kekeke... I can't disagree with this, cuz what, I too want to tell people around that our boys was different, and they're soo special.... :phew::w00t::wub:

• Like 3

Actually, last summer I spent 10 weeks in Suzhou, 2 hours from Shanghai. During my stay, i like to play zhouzhou's song and no one in my lab know about his song. They didn't even know addicted, ZZ, JY. However, i think that the younger generation more open to same-sex love, even they asked me whether I am gay or straight.

I think that entertainment industry in China is a bit unique. With a really big population, a new star may only catch 15-20% of china market. Meanwhile, a senior artist like Jaychou may catch almost 80-90% of china  market. 

It's a bit weird for me at first since I'm not from China and I also thought that ZZ and JY are really famous in China, but the truth is not.

• Like 8

Hello again addicters,

so I've got the link now from a kind soompier. Thanks a lot for this. :wub:

After watching the vids, I don't really know what to think though. It seems... not faked? .......... congrats ZZ? :blink:

Somehow in this mess, I kinda feel bad for Yu Tong. She's going to receive so much hate from CP fans and ZZ only-fans. Not to mention that she's an actress starting to get into her career in the entertainment industry but she already got a scandal like this before her career can really fly off. I just hope the angry, disappointed, jealous and possessive fans of ZZ and YuZhou won't hurt her career.

By the way, if you hear something's breaking right now, just to let you know that's my little CP heart that's breaking. heart-breaking-smiley.gifThough JY posted that moody post on IG, just add a new mystery to the whole thing. Pfuii...

• Like 9

Just curious, is it true Youtube was blocked in China? I did read on internet that it did since long time ago (2015-ish?), but wanna make sure from the native (if there was). I also heard they want to get rid any Korean variety/drama etc. This is out topic but still...:huh:

Edited by jingyuzhou
  • Like 2

ZZ's news studio update. and they released the 2nd trailer for ZZ's light Asia concert tour documentary! :wub:

【许魏洲亚洲巡回演唱会纪录片】《光之影》第二版预告       没有人生来就带着光 你看到的那些光亮
是他无数个日夜磨炼自己的释放  他足够幸运                          ...”#许魏洲#L粥刊话报的秒拍视频 (使用#秒拍#录制,免流量看热门短视频!)

【Xu Weizhou's Asia Concert Tour documentary film】 Light in shadows, 2nd trailer  No one is born just to bring light... you are to see those lights to shine bright. 

With countless days and nights, he improves to release his inner self    His good fortune is with him.... #许魏洲#LZZNews miaopai video#  (Used#Miaopai#to record, Watch this popular short video.)

Video Link.

http://www.miaopai.com/show/9z8ygMCphTuGjiZVhIXgMg__.html

cr pic. 婷哥脾气很差

e40ded6ejw1fafu2ya26yj20zk0k076b.jpg

JY 161129

JY likes cameras :P

005A1qywgw1facphpu9j3j30rs15ogui.jpg

Spoiler

005A1qywgw1facphs03e3j30rs15odpw.jpg

~~~

@jingyuzhou

Spoiler

Yes, It's true that Youtube is blocked in the mainland along with Google and Facebook. There are so many reasons why they did it such as failed partnerships, political, security breach, freedom and media, and most of all, this is their way to block of western influences, and since media is held in the neck by the Government, youtube domains are typically from America so it's difficult to control it, so the best way is to block it along with the free flowing media today existing in the west or outside China. For political, I'll just say to avoid propaganda from the west and to cripple those people. There are other deep political reasons though which is too sensitive. For years, the mainland was so strict and there were reattempts from facebook and Google (Youtube was bought by Google in 2006) to get inside the Chinese market. However, the answer is still no but there are plans for Google to Comeback while for facebook, I think it's over. Twitter on the other hand is gaining trust from the mainland but still can't compete with WeChat and QQ (These 2 are the most popular social media apps)

Although in south and some parts of Shenzen, Hongkong and Macau, some people there have access to Facebook, Youtube and Google and Twitter. Taiwan on the other hand has no restrictions and can freely access them. Well, it's because of "one country, two systems" policy. But recently in the mainland, younger generations and those people who knows well to tweak in the internet were able to use VPN. But due to media control, VPN's are also monitored however more and more people are learning and creating this method, as the quest for Chinese people to get in touch with the outside world doesn't stop. As the years go by, the mainland is somehow loosening up a bit with regards to internet media as the access in the south are not that strict but monitored. So, hopefully the mainland would also adopt these things but then there are already counterparts of these media in China. Google vs Baidu, Youtube vs iQiyi, miaopai and other video sharing/streaming sites, Twitter vs Weibo, Facebook vs WeChat & QQ/tencent. etc.

For Korean Dramas, it's true that the mainland are raising their eyebrows for Korean artists and blocked so much interactions for Chinese fans, again the reason is political. IIRC Descendants of the Sun was prohibited to be further promoted and this mid-year the casts from My Love from the stars were prevented from promoting their shows.

@jingyuzhou Oh, because of the great firewall? technically most people from the outside can still access Chinese sites but all of it goes to the great firewall and how it works is rather complicated. So it's like saying "We can connect you through but you can't connect entirely with us and when you're connected it's not guaranteed you can always connect" and they are strict with security like they have adopted internet securities from all over the world.

Edit: I've found a way so that you can also vote for JY using your laptops or computers and relax from tapping. All you need is Google Chrome, an "extension" and a QQ/Weibo acct of course.  Let me know if anyone is interested and I'll share it.

Update as of 4:20 JY is leading with 1.4m flowers but the fight is so close. Let's continue to vote!! Jaiyou!

• Like 16

14 minutes ago, prima13facie said:

@jingyuzhou Yes, It's true that Youtube is blocked in the mainland along with Google and Facebook.

Really been thinking at the same time wanted to know how China mainland (China is big...) survived without it. Other thing is that, they also blocked other countries to visit some of their sites(?). It's sad especially when I'm in fandom and the only sources I can get is from them, as they're fastest and close to the source.  

Cool. Thanks for breaking my curiosity:)

• Like 2