3 hours ago, fuyuko said:

Personally I'm not a variety show watcher myself. I'm mainly a drama watcher. That's why I don't understand. 

I'm not talking about preference either since I don't watch variety show and haven't watched DWS myself. I don't understand the "demean" and "devalue" part.

To clarify my position and usage of those terms and to address your question, here is my answer. I am unable to speak for anyone else but I stand by my use of those terms and here's my reasoning. Demean because of the type of fan service. I always feel when watching those shows (*not that I am a viewer of variety shows. Hope I am not offending those who like those types of shows. Because of loyalty and a way to support JY, I did and will continue because it was because of him that I am addicted to Addicted*) That aside any type of show can be demeaning and devalue the worth of its actors. 

Back to JY. Every time I watched those shows (not so much with DWS), I felt JY was used as a beautiful mannequin and objectified all for the sake of ratings. I watched time and again he was required to fulfill crazy fan service requests. Enough time has passed since Shangyin (Addicted) was banned. I feel some of those restrictions should be loosing, but sadly it seems to me, but maybe as an outsider I am reading the situation wrong that JY is being regulated to the background and the market for movies is closing on him. Although he has gained fans outside of Addicted.

Devalued because a rising star with untapped raw talent and unlimited potential is all but being ignored. So the ban with all its restrictions has in one way succeeded. It has successfully handcuffed a possible breakout new artist.

• Like 12

10 minutes ago, bearology said:

@sohocomo auntie, remember when we were all upset because there was no live stream for ZZ concert and you raised a question "How about JY?". This might be the answer :lol: so maybe the first interview question to be YZ's manager "are you a CP's fan?" :D

Reveal hidden contents

Hahahahaha i'm laughing so hard here hahahaha [笑cry]

• Like 6

About this discussion on Johnny on variety shows:

For me, it's about a combination of personal preferences and frustration over lost opportunities for him. I've never particularly cared for reality shows, games shows etc, so there's that, just my own preference.

But more importantly, like others have said, you can clearly see how much potential JY has when you watch Addicted. He put in so much emotion into his portrayal of GH, moving the audience beyond what such a low-budget BL drama rightfully should. Under any other circumstances, producers, directors etc would be fighting over casting him in their films or series. He's beautiful, talented and popular, so it's terribly frustrating that he's stuck doing variety shows, IMO.  I want him to become famous and successful because of his 'real' work, because of having been in this or that film, having released albums. Or whatever. Not just from becoming someone famous because he's famous. I find pseudo-celebrities very tiresome. 

Also, it always seems that just as JY is offered to participate in a really high profile show (which still isn't acting, but which might lead to better things), it falls through. How many shows have there been news about him being in (not even counting HC and RFT2) and then he's not...? So many! Ugh. 

However, it's always easy to forget that still very, very little time has passed since we were first introduced to these guys. They're both young and talented, they have every opportunity to get back on track in time. I'm glad ZZ has his music and his concerts, he's doing well in that respect. But the same goes for him, of course, although he's not been doing the kind of shows JY has. I'm very optimistic, though, that their careers will both improve, little by little. They're both hard workers, talented and have super-supportive fans, so one day, the tide will turn. ZZ's voice acting in Da Hai is definitely part of that. Even if his part might be small, it's still such a high-profile job, that it's brilliant news. And let's not forget that seven-eight months ago, no one knew these guys, and now they have more opportunities they've ever had before. Our frustration stems from how we see that it could be more. We have to be patient!

• Like 21

52 minutes ago, Ariodante said:

There is no biz like a showbiz… Pretty nasty line of work to be in, most probably, if you ask me … One has to be pretty thick-skinned to survive ups and downs. The competition is pretty fierce and relentless, backstabbing is as common passtime as dining out, one has to be on their toes 24/7 in order to avoid becoming flavour of the month. Pressure is felt in Hollywood, Bollywood, K-pop circles, you name it. Look even at the current programming on major American networks. The regular drama/sitcom season is over. Other than short summer series, there are many game shows: silly, funny, dreadful, everything in between, where you can see the same actors participating. Well, it's another way to make money. Nobody knows how long good luck will last job-wise. 

I am pretty happy to see JY and ZZ milking any good opportunity they consider worthy to stay in the loop, make money and, hopefully, live their dreams. Being still NKOTB(*), subject to major ban (that would depress a lesser humain being), they are doing quite alright imho. These series were the first that made me learn the concept of fanservice, as understood in China, Thailand, Korea… Look, it's akin to schmoozing with the public here. Prob unavoidable, part of the package. Wanna see willing fanservice to the extreme? We had to endure Paris Hilton and the Kardashian clan on this side of the pond *shrivers*

*New Kids on the Block (not associated with the boyband)

@Ariodante I agree with much of what you have said, but I still truly believe there should be limits. Just as I believe even actors/idols should still have the expectation of privacy.  There is a lot of ugliness in the industry whether here in America or elsewhere in the world. So I do see why actors/idols need to develop a thick skin and stay on their toes 24/7 in a pretty nasty line of work. After all it is a dog eat dog world. Individuals you see as friends today could be your competition tomorrow. 

But even knowing this it doesn't make something that is demeaning not be demeaning and although JY is a newbie a rising star an idol with untapped raw talent and unlimited potential is still be devalued. (:cold_sweat: maybe it's just me)

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Scandani said:

When Jingyu being his responsible mature self (way too mature for a 23 yo) make me love him more.

Did someone translate this? I see some translation. So bb was talking about his family and cried. That is why I love him so much.

• Like 7

Thank you everyone who has answered my question. Now I have a better understanding of this. I would like to give you guys 6 hearts <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 for taking your time to explain for me.  :wub::wub:

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, bearology said:

@sohocomo auntie, remember when we were all upset because there was no live stream for ZZ concert and you raised a question "How about JY?". This might be the answer :lol: so maybe the first interview question to be YZ's manager "are you a CP's fan?" :D

Reveal hidden contents

:love::love: Had to give you a double love for this one @bearology you had me rotflmao. Thanks so much. :cookie: for you.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, charlie10 said:

About this discussion on Johnny on variety shows:

For me, it's about a combination of personal preferences and frustration over lost opportunities for him. I've never particularly cared for reality shows, games shows etc, so there's that, just my own preference.

But more importantly, like others have said, you can clearly see how much potential JY has when you watch Addicted. He put in so much emotion into his portrayal of GH, moving the audience beyond what such a low-budget BL drama rightfully should. Under any other circumstances, producers, directors etc would be fighting over casting him in their films or series. He's beautiful, talented and popular, so it's terribly frustrating that he's stuck doing variety shows, IMO.  I want him to become famous and successful because of his 'real' work, because of having been in this or that film, having released albums. Or whatever. Not just from becoming someone famous because he's famous. I find pseudo-celebrities very tiresome. 

Also, it always seems that just as JY is offered to participate in a really high profile show (which still isn't acting, but which might lead to better things), it falls through. How many shows have there been news about him being in (not even counting HC and RFT2) and then he's not...? So many! Ugh. 

However, it's always easy to forget that still very, very little time has passed since we were first introduced to these guys. They're both young and talented, they have every opportunity to get back on track in time. I'm glad ZZ has his music and his concerts, he's doing well in that respect. But the same goes for him, of course, although he's not been doing the kind of shows JY has. I'm very optimistic, though, that their careers will both improve, little by little. They're both hard workers, talented and have super-supportive fans, so one day, the tide will turn. ZZ's voice acting in Da Hai is definitely part of that. Even if his part might be small, it's still such a high-profile job, that it's brilliant news. And let's not forget that seven-eight months ago, no one knew these guys, and now they have more opportunities they've ever had before. Our frustration stems from how we see that it could be more. We have to be patient!

That has been my emphasis. Such untapped raw talent and unlimited potential not utilized, but so many missed opportunities. Thank you @charlie10 . Your words match my thoughts but especially those I have bolded in your original post.

• Like 15

14 hours ago, gayyoxx said:

If we are talking about missed opportunities, I think as long as the ban persists, we'll see more missed opportunities in the future. Not only for JY, but for ZZ. That cctv 3's singing contest is still a sore spot for me (despite the possibility that ZZ was using the opportunity to test the ban). If there were more missed for JY, I think it's because ZZ was rarely agree to attend public show?

But let us also remember JY's successes in modelling. He went to Cannes sponsored by Bazaar (and maybe many more). He was invited to Milan by D&G and maybe has secured contract with them. He is endorsing (or at least showing in ads for) famous brands. I think JY's career in modelling is secured. It's just he wants to try something new, thus the reality shows, charity concert etc. TBH, I don't think both JY and ZZ will be able to star in a Chinese-produced movie. Maybe acting in a Taiwanese/Korean movie is more feasible for them.

Fanservice... Yes, there have to be fanservices. But fanservice for the sake of fanservice is devaluing the actors. DwSS' fanservice is better than See You Monday's because DwSS's fanservices (like JY doing jjs or shipping him with XL) are done in context and not overly emphasising JY's physical attraction. In DwSS, JY is valued as a whole. Yes, he is hot but he is funny, witty, emotional, smart too! I can't say the same about See You Monday's press con.

Fanservicing in one show can also sets precendence to other show in thinking "asking for that kind of action is okay since he did it in the last show". This might lead the shows into a race of "which show can ask [insert actor here] to perform the hottest/most outrageous fanservice". That ultimately reduces the actor into a physical object only. Who cares if he is witty or honest if he does not want to take off his shirt? That's the road that I really don't want JY and ZZ to walk on.

Ditto for me @gayyoxx. I hope that you are wrong about them not being able to star in a Chinese-produced movie. (actually, I hope we are both wrong, because although both my head and heart are not in complete agreement I kind of think the same thing:sweatingbullets:)  A part of me believes in your statement about ZZ, he knew it was not going to happen but he wanted to test the waters to maybe see if some of the restrictions of the ban was loosening.

It's all of the missed opportunities that stink (*wanted to use much harsher words/language here*) Promising new actors with unlimited potential and untapped talent are being handcuffed by that stupid ban. (maybe I am missing something because from the beginning I never understood the ban. There's no justification unless they broke some unknown law or committed a crime we are unaware but still I wish I understood it more) @jlt4ever, @tea4two and others have provided some great explanations

Since I mentioned fan service in a previous post today (page 1136 as if you care), suffice to say you have also stated my thoughts exactly and my fear as well. I too would never care to see them walk down such a road.

• Like 14

YZ manip :sweatingbullets:

Spoiler

Cr kimpojuju Twitter

CmRA9KHVMAABpkG.jpg

ZZ 

Spoiler

Cr on pic

CmREXtdUkAAq3QK.jpg

JY :sweatingbullets: Its freezing here yet I'm feeling hot. Anyone posted this before?

Spoiler

Cr on pic

CmRAyaEUEAA9Fjr.jpg

CmRAyZ-UMAAWC5l.jpg

CmRAyaAUIAArMLb.jpg

CmRAyaBVMAAp8FL.jpg

ZZ - 16/03/2016 (Once upon a time)

Spoiler

Cr TickTock

CmQ_O2GVIAAysdE.jpg

JY-only cut singing OST for DWS

Spoiler

• Like 15

1 hour ago, KKmegan said:

Yu's hands are very popular. Not sure if they have been posted here before. Cr: LastAngel_黄景瑜图

Reveal hidden contents

rDFjcuD.jpgu9XGtQ8.jpg

cDFP2j2.jpg

c2oT8Jf.jpg

PqIlDhC.jpg

s462D62.jpg

Oh calling @Scandani auntie @sohocomo  @ximichem (sorry edited and tagged you) lovely new pics of our JY hands.

Edited by filmlore46
correction to include new tag
  • Like 6

First Light in Korea (062516)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Source:  leohild_

006qFXzrgw1f5eai42wlbg30nm0imqvd.gif

Spoiler

Source:  junibaum

006brWqPgw1f5e9wjvltcj30rs15ogwb.jpg

006brWqPgw1f5ebwufqmcj30rs15ok13.jpg

006brWqPgw1f5dnc91902j30rs15ogv1.jpg

006brWqPgw1f5dnc7kyvej30rs15oako.jpg

DWS recording (062516)

Spoiler

Source:   52HERTZ-WITHJOHNNY

0060ZmA9jw1f5egjrq03tj30xc1e07ki.jpg

DWS MV (Johnny's cut)

Spoiler

Source:   just一枚颜狗

96c82293jw1f5ehb4pg68g20c8080u10.gif

96c82293jw1f5ehbdkcq2g20c80881l7.gif

96c82293jw1f5ehbhcz8ug20c809sx6r.gif

96c82293jw1f5ehbqyrh2g20c806wu17.gif

96c82293jw1f5ehbyrfu9g20c808t1l5.gif

96c82293jw1f5ehc3w5k4g20c806wu11.gif

96c82293jw1f5ehc7a3geg20c80b04qr.gif

96c82293jw1f5ehca0rpqg20c808tkjm.gif

96c82293jw1f5egx8vyfdg20c809s4qr.gif

VIP event (062416)

Spoiler

Source:   mijoo89777

68ea9389gw1f5ehmz6lcng20c30dnnpj.gif

Timmy – Beijing ee809d.png Seoul (062316)

Spoiler

Source:   MILKTEA0420

许魏洲让粉丝们站着太累坐下来,那个 指着你旁边的位置,谁敢去

68ea9389gw1f5eitlnswag207s0d9e83.gif

Cabbeen photo shoot BTS

Spoiler

Source:   MP離開拉斯維加斯

9bd17d6cgw1f5cidkk8zfj212c0tzwil.jpg

9bd17d6cgw1f5cidhxknij21hc0u0q96.jpg

• Like 18

Longer version of JY's part on DWtS OST

am ded, bye. @filmlore46 me and @ximichem saved a folder dedicated for his hands only. I also love his feet, but that rarely seen T.T heck who am I lying here, I love everything about HJY. Including his lover uhm you should know who am talking about uhm.

@bearology yeah JY in pajamas for Leon iirc had been shared in page 220 or 230 something I guess hahaha so ancient! Almost 1000 page ago! So, feel free to bring it back.

@skeletonworks just want you to re-hear our JY's distictive voice. Even when the 4 of them sang together we can still able to distinguish clearly his heavy husky northern accent voice. 

Bye

• Like 19