Quantcast
Jump to content
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2016] Ice Fantasy 幻城

Recommended Posts

I see some familiar avatars here. :) hello chingus! 

First two episodes are out for those who do not understand Mandarin. :)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@thunderman1  gonna binge 5 episodes in a little while. woooh  :D  Game of  Thrones  be like  / /LOTR / Final Fantasy / Narnia /Frozen / Chinese Disney on Ice.  The visuals.. it's damn good!

CoK8BcuWgAAN_CD.jpg

CoHZL7RUMAER-pw.jpg

CoHv81zUIAAV_8R.jpg

credit as tagged

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 The effects of ICE FANTASY it's awesomeness.

Indulge. Sorry I didn't put the spoilers. It's  feast for the ice.. eyes!

scaps cr:qichisang

CoLlvsGUkAEBKaf.jpg
 
CoLlvsIVUAAAky2.jpg
 
 
CoLlvsKVUAAjFYH.jpg
 
CoLlvzJUMAArfSG.jpg
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I'm watching the cinematography and effects.. hehehe. I want modern dramas :D

CoH_3CmUsAAXQYX.jpg
 
CoH_4DEVYAAkYyj.jpg
cr:as tagged
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Help me someone i think i'm on a new level of obsessed with this drama! I am currently on the latest episode 6 and having problems waiting for new episodes LOL. Ahh i hope this thread gets more posts just because i love reading everyone's opinions. Does anyone know how China is reacting to this drama at the moment? i hope it becomes a hit just because i love the amazing cast and visuals.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is my new addiction..time to check myself into Chinese drama anonymous again:tears:

Is it me or did  Feng Shaofeng  lose a lot of weight for this role? compared to his role as prince lan ling in lan ling wang he looks 10,000 times hotter as the ice prince :w00t: I almost didn't recognize him, but his lips gave him away :wub: I can't get enough of this drama and it's being subbed like lightening fast it's already 100% caught up with 6 episodes out and we have 2 days to go till the next one airs ..many thanks to the subtitler's  if they are reading this thank you so much for adding so much oil:)

I love this type of wuxia very soft like journey of flower, realism with a touch of fantasy and the people in the ice tribe are so beatuiful and the story is really good to..will comment on that more .. I haven't read the book but does anyone know if  there is going to be a love rival? some one who is not evil 

@kongshiah I'm curious about the answer to your question as well:rolleyes:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just watched the first 2 episodes ... so far, enjoying it.

I know some people have criticised the cgi ... I'm not an expert on cgi, so naturally I'm not qualified to judge it. Nevertheless, the sets are visually attractive to me, especially the ice scenes. Only thing I find amusing is the lion's wings ... erm, a bit small to support such a big animal, and Kasuo on it ... Hehe.

The costumes are the best part for me ... so pretty, especially Kasuo's white outfit, the mermaid's blue dress, and Kim Hee Sun's hairpiece. The little prince is so cute .... I know he turns bad later ... so I dread the later episodes. 

FSF is rocking it as the ice prince ... So handsome with blue eyes and all. The other male lead has not appeared yet, so I'm currently spazzing only over Kasuo ... Ok, back to catching up on the rest of the episodes ...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2016 at 3:47 PM, kongshiah said:

Help me someone i think i'm on a new level of obsessed with this drama! I am currently on the latest episode 6 and having problems waiting for new episodes LOL. Ahh i hope this thread gets more posts just because i love reading everyone's opinions. Does anyone know how China is reacting to this drama at the moment? i hope it becomes a hit just because i love the amazing cast and visuals.  

 

 

To answer you question,the review is mixed. Some like it while some find it very strange and hard to accept the whole concept.It could also be due to the fact that the costumes are so similar to LOtR with the famous designer on board,they expected the best of the best of the best,hence didn't meet the expectation.Plus a lot of capital are put in to produce the drama.So I bet they want it to be flawless.Alas,Impossible IMO. I think it is good enough for the budget spent with the country originated from.

But if we are to measure the popularity of the drama,it has been in Top 5 drama For The Day for 7 days straight,the day since it has been aired.So it is quite popular in China.

Ratings wise,it got 1.00 for first two days and 0.94~0.97(slight drop) for the third day.I don't know how to put in in words for this,whether success or not.It is very good ratings but for a drama with so much hype,it is considered not good?.. You know,if you watch Korean drama,the ratings are like in 13.00-15.00 but what they expected is 20.00.

 

Now that aside,can I fangirl about how much I love this drama? It is the best visual effect I have ever seen for  Chinese drama and everyone looks so gorgeous! I love the plot which is so unique, and the brotherly love was so endearing. The OTP are doing so fine with so much spark,especially when Li Luo gave flowers to Ka Suo,it was so cute. And Feng Shao Feng,I loved him in Lan Ling Wang and here,he is doing awesome job as well. This guy is indeed something. I thought He looked so young for his age in Lan Ling Wang but here,he looks ridiculously young!!!Did he discover something that help him age backwards??? 

 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they just took the Elves look concept from LOTR and expanded it !  They really are quite beautiful - I am enjoying drama, it a bit campy and fun. I did not see Lan Ling Wang..but it is in que to watch after IF... this is sheer entertainment.  :glasses:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@deltos   Lan Ling Wang is one of the best C-dramas ever FSF and Ariel Lin did a spectacular job in it...

I just finished re-watching the last 3 episodes of the Ice Fantasy... I'm beginning to wonder if Ying Shi is half fire tribe and half ice tribe..:rolleyes: Because not only did the internal flame not kill him, his powers  manifested when he ate the burning fruit. Does anyone else think the same?

I just can't stop starring at  Ka Suo  in his mortal form ...his hotness is letting off steam:wub: FSF plays this role so well its as if it was made for him...he's so natural in it and his eyes draw you in

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, carmolita said:

....just can't stop starring at  Ka Suo  in his mortal form ...his hotness is letting off steam:wub: FSF plays this role so well its as if it was made for him...he's so natural in it and his eyes draw you in

 

@carmolita I prefer Kasuo in his ice God mode - all white. The mortal hair looks quite untidy on him ... I keep wanting him to flip his hair to the side .... I've not watched LLW, but now having discovered FSF, think I shall look it up one of these days 

Speaking of which, I'm not enjoying the fire tribe look. The best is still the ice tribe costumes, backdrop, etc ... So pretty ... :)

btw, anyone noticed Yue Shen's low cut outfit? It's pretty but I'm surprised it passed the strict censorship tests. :blink::sweatingbullets:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, carmolita said:

@deltos   Lan Ling Wang is one of the best C-dramas ever FSF and Ariel Lin did a spectacular job in it...

I just finished re-watching the last 3 episodes of the Ice Fantasy... I'm beginning to wonder if Ying Shi is half fire tribe and half ice tribe..:rolleyes: Because not only did the internal flame not kill him, his powers  manifested when he ate the burning fruit. Does anyone else think the same?

I just can't stop starring at  Ka Suo  in his mortal form ...his hotness is letting off steam:wub: FSF plays this role so well its as if it was made for him...he's so natural in it and his eyes draw you in

 

 

 

I am puzzled by Ying Shi's  identity too. If he is Fire King's Child,then his mother must be from ice tribe to possess both powers . But I've read somewhere that his mother,Lady Lotus isn't from the Ice Tribe(hence black hair). So what is he exactly?  

 

@omiki I recommend the LLW too. It was the best Chinese drama for me,although many will not agree with me. I really loved both Ariel Lin and FSF there,shipped them so hard.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, carmolita said:

I'm beginning to wonder if Ying Shi is half fire tribe and half ice tribe..:rolleyes: Because not only did the internal flame not kill him, his powers  manifested when he ate the burning fruit. Does anyone else think the same?

 

From what we know: his mother was the former " lover  " of the Fire King, who left him to become ( I wonder why ?) the consort of the Ice King. ( remember the glowing locket ? ) I am also going to assume that she was part of the Fire Tribe, not human. Therefore, Ying Shi is Fire and Ice and holds the power of both tribes. I see him (from a literary/character standpoint) - as a paradox; so, it will be interesting to see how his power is used, and how he uses his power. In some respects, he is stronger than Ka Sou only he doesn't know it yet. I'm excited, 4 more episodes ( where I watch ) this week...will be interesting to see how this all plays out...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, omiki said:

 

@carmolita I prefer Kasuo in his ice God mode - all white. The mortal hair looks quite untidy on him ... I keep wanting him to flip his hair to the side .... I've not watched LLW, but now having discovered FSF, think I shall look it up one of these days 

Speaking of which, I'm not enjoying the fire tribe look. The best is still the ice tribe costumes, backdrop, etc ... So pretty ... :)

btw, anyone noticed Yue Shen's low cut outfit? It's pretty but I'm surprised it passed the strict censorship tests. :blink::sweatingbullets:

I agree with you his Ice God look is pretty hot too he looks so invincible, his mortal mode look makes him look vulnerable but his gaze in both is captivating....it can cause you to forget everything else that's going on in the  drama:wub:

The fire tribe look reminds me of the fire Tribe in the Korean Drama "The Legend" and their magic is less to be desired, it just doesn't look real.  But the ice magic looks ethereal, never get tired of watching them use it 

1 hour ago, deltos said:

 

From what we know: his mother was the former " lover  " of the Fire King, who left him to become ( I wonder why ?) the consort of the Ice King. ( remember the glowing locket ? ) I am also going to assume that she was part of the Fire Tribe, not human. Therefore, Ying Shi is Fire and Ice and holds the power of both tribes. I see him (from a literary/character standpoint) - as a paradox; so, it will be interesting to see how his power is used, and how he uses his power. In some respects, he is stronger than Ka Sou only he doesn't know it yet. I'm excited, 4 more episodes ( where I watch ) this week...will be interesting to see how this all plays out...

I was wondering that too.. The ice king was so quick to sacrifice Ying Shi so it made me wonder if he was really his son, since she was lovers with the fire king and have been betraying the Ice king.  Then I thought maybe she's fire tribe and left the fire king for the ice king because she was having his child until I saw her use ice magic.  Now I'm wondering if she is half and half and we don't know who the father is :rolleyes:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, carmolita said:

I agree with you his Ice God look is pretty hot too he looks so invincible, his mortal mode look makes him look vulnerable but his gaze in both is captivating....it can cause you to forget everything else that's going on in the  drama:wub:

The fire tribe look reminds me of the fire Tribe in the Korean Drama "The Legend" and their magic is less to be desired, it just doesn't look real.  But the ice magic looks ethereal, never get tired of watching them use it 

I was wondering that too.. The ice king was so quick to sacrifice Ying Shi so it made me wonder if he was really his son, since she was lovers with the fire king and have been betraying the Ice king.  Then I thought maybe she's fire tribe and left the fire king for the ice king because she was having his child until I saw her use ice magic.  Now I'm wondering if she is half and half and we don't know who the father is :rolleyes:

Ah...I don't doubt that Ying Shi is the Ice King's son, I think because he was not Heir to the throne and the youngest son he was the next choice in his father's eyes. It was to save the people...so sacrifices had to be made. The editing is so tight  in this drama - there was the one scene where Ying Shin is asking his father not to tell anyone about him going for the sword, and immediately in the next scene there was Ka Sou to save him and get the sword himself..lol there's have been several instances where I went huh ? did I miss something ?  But over all...it has been very easy to follow -

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was also wondering if the Fire King was really behind the death of his own son.? Since his death was what started the war.... I just assumed he killed him because of the black smoke in the room and he knew something had happened to the fire prince but wasn't trying to find out what happened and only was only interested in taking over the 3 or 4 realms.:rolleyes:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, carmolita said:

I was also wondering if the Fire King was really behind the death of his own son.? Since his death was what started the war.... I just assumed he killed him because of the black smoke in the room and he knew something had happened to the fire prince but wasn't trying to find out what happened and only was only interested in taking over the 3 or 4 realms.:rolleyes:

*gasp* Now that i think about it, they never revealed who killed the fire prince. WTH now i wanna know!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...