[Mainland Chinese Drama 2016] Legend of Chusen 诛仙·青云志

sugarplum892

3 hours ago, IMOmusings said:

I gave up reading this novel because I just could not deal with the character development =.="

Any kind soul that has finished reading the novels, want to spoiler me who LYF's character actually ends up with? ^.^

I didnt read the novel but I saw some spoilers. Some people think he will end up with Yangzi's character but they are not sure about it. 

Promotions are for the other couple but who knows 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, mrsyooknit said:

I didnt read the novel but I saw some spoilers. Some people think he will end up with Yangzi's character but they are not sure about it. 

Promotions are for the other couple but who knows 

Mmmm before LY was casted that was the highly likely scenario...now though =/ 

Isn't LY's character meant to 

Spoiler

fall into a coma that sends LYF's character to the dark side...but she never wakes up so he spends the rest of his life single?

Coz I highly doubt Yang Zi's char (who is meant to be one of the most 'righteous' in her sect) would follow someone purportedly the poster boy for the dark

So confused since I haven't read the novel xD

9 hours ago, IMOmusings said:

Mmmm before LY was casted that was the highly likely scenario...now though =/ 

Isn't LY's character meant to 

Hide contents

fall into a coma that sends LYF's character to the dark side...but she never wakes up so he spends the rest of his life single?

Coz I highly doubt Yang Zi's char (who is meant to be one of the most 'righteous' in her sect) would follow someone purportedly the poster boy for the dark

So confused since I haven't read the novel xD

yeah that is what I read that she falls into a coma protecting him, etc. It also looks like that from previews. You see him walking around thinking of their memories and sitting next to her while she lays in this bed. 

I am pretty sure they are the otp even if they probably dont end up together at the end bc of promos/,etc. But maybe they are just using ZLY popularity for the promos and he ends up with YangZi after finding the right path once again. 

I am hoping ZLY will be in the drama for a decent amount of time, at least 25-30 episodes but her filming time was shorter than the others. 

The show is doing pretty good in the ratings for the first 2 episodes so I am hoping this will be another hit for her. 

10 hours ago, mrsyooknit said:

I saw the first episode and I really liked it <3 

what is the real title? I keep seeing Legend of Chusen and Noble Aspirations

It can be either. The series started with Legend of Chusen as that is closest to the novel, but Noble Aspirations became the English one.

18 hours ago, kongshiah said:

Does anyone know where i can watch this drama with eng subs :(

Viki has subs

https://www.viki.com/tv/30332c-the-legend-of-chusen?q=chusen

10 hours ago, IMOmusings said:

It can be either. The series started with Legend of Chusen as that is closest to the novel, but Noble Aspirations became the English one.

thanks! Half the places are using one and the others another. I prefer Noble Aspirations just because I am tired of the million Legend of ... titles

wow just finished episode 7 and 8 and the "good" sect is pissing me off. Aren't they suppose to be noble and good people how come they always bully xiao fan and act like a bunch of idiots. When xiao fan wins, they think hes cheating but when he loses, they all look down on him and call him useless. Like seriously during episode 8 i wanted to punch every single person on the screen. LOL

On 4 August 2016 at 2:09 AM, mrsyooknit said:

thanks! Half the places are using one and the others another. I prefer Noble Aspirations just because I am tired of the million Legend of ... titles

I think that's actually why the title 'Noble Aspirations' came about. When the series was first announced, every post I read had people complaining about all the xianxia series' copying each other's titles with 'Legend of..." :sweatingbullets:

I have seen up to ep. 6 and I like it so far. XiaoFan is a bit frustrating but I think as he grows it will get better. 

19 hours ago, IMOmusings said:

I think that's actually why the title 'Noble Aspirations' came about. When the series was first announced, every post I read had people complaining about all the xianxia series' copying each other's titles with 'Legend of..." :sweatingbullets:

yeah, there are way too many and some of them look too similar

10 hours ago, Misstwilightfan1416 said:

Thanks for sharing ^^

• 2 months later...

I am really enjoying this drama. A lot of people say it veered off the novel it was based on, but because I didn't read the novel, I am blissfully unaware of all the changes made. I haven't enjoyed a wu xia drama in a while. I dropped Journey of Flower and Nirvana in Fire. I was surprised that I was getting hooked on Legend of Chusen. I really like all the characters. I found it was quite hilarious too. A lot of people felt that the story line was dragging but I was enjoying all the interactions. All the eye-candy helped too, lol. This is my first time seeing Li Yi Feng act, and he is such a cutie. I know I know, I have been living under a rock, I didn't know who he was until this drama. I didn't know a lot of the casts. Well, safe to say, I did some research on LYF and will probably check out some of his older dramas. I have heard of Legend of Ancient Sword, but haven't seen so didn't know he was in it. I pretty much marathoned 54 episodes in a few days with the few hours I had at night after work and am anticipating the last episode!

Spoiler

I have read that Xiao Fan turns evil, but it hasn't happened yet and 55 is the last episode? I am guessing Bi Yao will die/fall into a coma in Ep 55 and that's when Xiao Fan is pushed to the dark side. End of Season 1. Season 2 will be about Gui Li? I'm so confused.

I'm really happy to find a wu xia drama I am enjoying. I lose interest/get bored really easily and really fast. The last wu xia drama I was able to finished was Lan Ling Wang starring Ariel Lin. I might be enjoying this drama a whole lot more because the last wu xia I tried watching was The Four starring Zhang Han and although they had good looking guys, oh boy, the plot was soooooo boring I dropped it. The CG and fighting scene executed in Legend of Chusen is so much better than The Four. Love the wide panning of scenaries too. They filmed at a lot of beautiful natural locations. 

I want this drama not to follow the novel as I really really like Bi Yao and Xiao Fan as OTP. :tears: I hope the PD changed the drama story.  Their love for each other is too deep to be ignored so I want happy ending for them. :huh:

According to those who have read the novel:

Spoiler

Xiao Fan ended up with 2nd female lead, Xue Qi.

Nirvana in Fire is my 2nd top favourite drama, a top notch drama.  Journey of Flower was much better 2nd half than 1st half plus the immortals looked really like immortals, a much better quality one compared to Legend of Chusen in almost everything.  I still enjoyed Legend of Chusen though, look forward to it but have to wait for Season 2 for proper closure. :frown: *sigh*  I gave up on The Four.  It was too boring for me too.

• 4 weeks later...

My review of Legend of Chusen 

After watching Legend of Zu, I started comparing the two series since Zhao Li Ying has acted with both William and Yi Feng. I'm seeing him play diverse range of characters, but he's either always the innocent Zhang Xiao Fan or the unemotional Baili Tusu. Yang Zi (Lu Que) and Jun Jie (Shu Shu) had really amazing chemistry, and I love their scenes together. Overall, seeing such familiar faces really eased me into binge-watching this 55 episode series over a week. True story!

There's a particular scene where the Ghost King talks about how the Zhu Xian sword has killed so many lives, yet it's revered as precious treasure. He allows us to think whether good is truly good, and the classic stereotypes placed upon many villains. Although these themes are often referenced, it is incredibly refreshing to see a man say the truth as it is. Legend of Chusen followed a very basic story-line, it does take a lot inspiration from dramas that we have all seen before. It is highly possible to make comparisons, because these actors have worked together before. 

This was honestly a hit or miss drama for me. It's not uncommon seeing Zhao Li Ying play a strong, female character but I wish she made her character more distinct from Yu Wu Xin (Legend of Zu). A good wuxia/xianxia series needs to incorporate the elements of humour, romance, drama, and fantasy as well. I found Zhang Xiao Fan to be quite naive, but that's the charm to his character; I hope, within the next season, he becomes smarter. There was a lot of 'girl/guy sacrificing their life to protect their loved ones'. 

Dramas tend to recycle this concept over and over again. The cliched scenes

Spoiler

where Bi Yao forgets Xiao Fan is unnecessary; she tries to kill him, but hesitates.

I started questioning whether he could've changed the past by telling her what he saw in the mirror -- I also do not understand why one of the main characters have to die. Why can't they end up together...alive? I understand, the loss of a loved one can change them entirely but...maybe I'm being picky. Overall, I give this season a solid 8/10. I can't wait for more -- Legend of Chusen is visually stunning; the cast, the costumes and the cinematography. 

• 1 month later...

Archived