Asian Girls Can Look Prettier Than White Girls, But Asian Guys/white Guys?

Guest CaliforniaSun

Guest cyberfruit

but with hypersexuality it means you are desired you are viewed as sexy regardless of whether or not

black women r seen as sexual objects as opposed to human beings

and plus as a whole ALL women are objectified ...asian women are also viewed as submissive sexual beings..

but, usually men are suposed to be assertive and strong and just OUT there u know?

black men are considered hypersexual very agressive white men are considered the "perfect balance"

and asian guys are sort of jus tlike unwanted and invisible.

I think the image of William Hung is farrrr worse than say an image of a music video ho on tv

at least people are attracted to the music video ho.

I would rather not have that kind of stereotype hanging over because of the connotations that come with it. We're seen as sexy because of the likes of Halle Berry and Beyonce, yes and that's great but the masses of teenagers are mostly into rap music and they see what? "richard simmons" and "Ho's" and what does that trendsend to? Boys coming up to me thinking that I'm going to be like the girls in the rap videos. Thankfully, I have a lot of discipline (or else I would have knocked out a few guys).

If I were a mindless, brainless teenager who went on the media and stereotypes, I would view Asians are strong and intimidating because you usually see Asian men in, well, Martial Arts movies. Now, Tony Jaa, Jet Li, Bruce Lee and the like can kick richard simmons backwards and fowards and they're quite masculine. I would view then as smart and everyone wants to be viewed as smart (to an extent)

You guys have Bruce Lee and we have Shaft (ROFL.). Both huge role models with all races so you can't say that Asian guys are unwanted and invisble unless you're talking about strictly romance.

Oh and precious4e, I'll take Zhang Liang with a side of GOD DAMN THAT MAN IS HOT.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest CaliforniaSun

I would rather not have that kind of stereotype hanging over because of the connotations that come with it. We're seen as sexy because of the likes of Halle Berry and Beyonce, yes and that's great but the masses of teenagers are mostly into rap music and they see what? "richard simmons" and "Ho's" and what does that trendsend to? Boys coming up to me thinking that I'm going to be like the girls in the rap videos. Thankfully, I have a lot of discipline (or else I would have knocked out a few guys).

If I were a mindless, brainless teenager who went on the media and stereotypes, I would view Asians are strong and intimidating because you usually see Asian men in, well, Martial Arts movies. Now, Tony Jaa, Jet Li, Bruce Lee and the like can kick richard simmons backwards and fowards and they're quite masculine. I would view then as smart and everyone wants to be viewed as smart (to an extent)

You guys have Bruce Lee and we have Shaft (ROFL.). Both huge role models with all races so you can't say that Asian guys are unwanted and invisble unless you're talking about strictly romance.

Oh and precious4e, I'll take Zhang Liang with a side of GOD DAMN THAT MAN IS HOT.

so u would rather be an asian guy where society just views u as asexual and nerdy?

also asians kicking richard simmons in martial arts is one thing, but they NEVER are viewed as sexualy desirable in the movies. remember in Romeo Must Die, jet li didnt get the girl. Tony Jaa doesnt get the girl. Jackie chan never gets the girl.

and all those guys are short and kinda frumpy whereas american action movie stars are big tall and very masculine and u always see the girls alll overt hem and they always have some kind of sex scene

Guest Metamorphosis

if you'e gonn hotlink atleast credit :rolleyes:

hyori and song hye kyo are not the only hot asian girls

there's a lot of chinese and japanese girls that are hotter than most white girls

but anyway, i kind of agree that i don't find a lot of extremely hot asian guys

i guess it's all up to what you prefer

Guest cyberfruit

^ I'm already seen as nerdy and asexual. It's not that bad, really.

Blacks once were not viewed as sexually appealing in movies but then Hollywood began to open up to them. It was the same with Hispanics and now everyone wants a "Hot and Spicy" Latina. It took years for Blacks to get where they are and it will take a few more years for Asians to get where you would prefer them to be. It WILL happen because America's a melting pot and directors and scriptwirters do listen (if only a little) to what the public wants to see. Minorities still are barely shown on primetime as it is but, the situation is getting better.

There will be a movie where the Asian guy gets the girl and his role will catapult Asian men to be seen as desirable to Americans. It's currently happening and you're just going to have to be content with that at the momment. It's better to move ahead than to have your people be set back a few deacdes for what the media protrays you as.

Guest CaliforniaSun

if you'e gonn hotlink atleast credit :rolleyes:

hyori and song hye kyo are not the only hot asian girls

there's a lot of chinese and japanese girls that are hotter than most white girls

but anyway, i kind of agree that i don't find a lot of extremely hot asian guys

i guess it's all up to what you prefer

well again u must know that im american born and i didnt get into the whoel asian pop culture thing til recently so i dont know that many asian female celebs.

the ones that ive seen (Coco lee, tila nguyen, etc.etc, chae yeon) are very ugly to me

the only beautifulones i can remember are song hye gyo and hyori

if u know of some others similar to song hye or coco lee pls enlighen me! i would love to see some more asian beauties.

^ I'm already seen as nerdy and asexual. It's not that bad, really.

Blacks once were not viewed as sexually appealing in movies but then Hollywood began to open up to them. It was the same with Hispanics and now everyone wants a "Hot and Spicy" Latina. It took years for Blacks to get where they are and it will take a few more years for Asians to get where you would prefer them to be. It WILL happen because America's a melting pot and directors and scriptwirters do listen (if only a little) to what the public wants to see. Minorities still are barely shown on primetime as it is but, the situation is getting better.

There will be a movie where the Asian guy gets the girl and his role will catapult Asian men to be seen as desirable to Americans. It's currently happening and you're just going to have to be content with that at the momment. It's better to move ahead than to have your people be set back a few deacdes for what the media protrays you as.

even if they do cast a movie where the asian guy gets the girl i can assure they r proly going to cast an average not so hot asian guy so as to not be a threat to the image of the atractive white man. and the girl will not be a white girl aas that is taboo, even in black movies where the black guy gets the girl most of the time its not a white girl like Will Smiths character in Hutch he got the latina girl

Guest cyberfruit

even if they do cast a movie where the asian guy gets the girl i can assure they r proly going to cast an average not so hot asian guy so as to not be a threat to the image of the atractive white man. and the girl will not be a white girl aas that is taboo, even in black movies where the black guy gets the girl most of the time its not a white girl like Will Smiths character in Hutch he got the latina girl

The "average" guy may not be nice looking to you but may set another girl's soul aflame. Attractiveness isn't relative.

I think you're starting to look a bit to far into this situation. The directors won't cast a good looking Asian man so that he won't overshadow a White man? That's plain ridiculous because, again, attractiveness is not relative.

Look, you're just going to get used to this right now. Currently, Hollywood is too busy making crappy covers of great old movies to care if the Asian guy looks better than the White lead. Taboos are being broken every single day and everyday will bring Asians closer to being what they want to see in the media.

We can go on all day, honestly, but really what can I tell you that hasn't already been said? I would like Black girls to stop being protrayed as "richard simmons and Ho's" but that's not happening anytime soon, so what can I do? Unless you would like to go to Hollywood and knock on the doors of famous directors, you're out of luck for a good while.

Guest precious4e

LoL. Yea. I just think Hollywood isn't giving asian guys a chance. At least Edison is going to be in a major Hollywood movie. That's a start. And they are bringing in more and more asian movies into the US. I can't wait to watch The Curse of the Golden Flower. Jay Chou will be in it!

jay9.jpg

Jay Chou!!

And Jason Scott Lee got a white girl in the Jungle Book.

Guest k r e m e s

so u would rather be an asian guy where society just views u as asexual and nerdy?

also asians kicking richard simmons in martial arts is one thing, but they NEVER are viewed as sexualy desirable in the movies. remember in Romeo Must Die, jet li didnt get the girl. Tony Jaa doesnt get the girl. Jackie chan never gets the girl.

First off, Jackie Chan got the girl. Have you seen Rush Hour 2? He got the hot Latino one...

My point may be redundant by now, but I still believe it is all about preferences and culture. There has been a point in American media history in which rap (symbolizing African Americans in the 80s) and Latin movement (late 80s-early 90s) have become popular. Does this mean African Americans and Hispanics were always ugly before that? No, it just means they did not have enough exposure. Asian culture has not been a great focus in media despite a few martial arts films. This would mean that the only way to break into the film industry is by knowing martial arts, which not many men have the opportunity to do. The stereotype for Asian men, as mentioned previously, is that they are nerdy and have small penises. Stereotypes are incredibly difficult to break, and if there are not enough Asians trying to break into the entertainment business, then that stereotype will stay. It’s merely speculation on my part, but it’s a bit of a Catch 22. Asian men are not given cinematic job offers because they are thought of as wimpy and nerdy, and if they cannot break into the industry, they cannot prove this theory wrong. I would also like to mention that there are statistically a lot less Asians than there are Caucasians, African Americans, and Hispanics in America. If I were to use your logic, I would be asking why the American public does not find Native American and Middle Eastern people attractive either. Notice that the less people of an ethnicity there are, the less they are considered attractive. I live in Southern California, and there are a LOT of Asian people here. I would also like to mention that I have met numerous non-Asian females who actually prefer Asian men over other ethnic groups.

Damn, I wrote a lot.

Guest cyberfruit

LoL. Yea. I just think Hollywood isn't giving asian guys a chance. At least Edison is going to be in a major Hollywood movie. That's a start. And they are bringing in more and more asian movies into the US. I can't wait to watch The Curse of the Golden Flower. Jay Chou will be in it!

Actually, they are by bringing in Asian and Asian-American stars into their movies. Hollywood is opening up to Asians and you stated how.

Tadanobu Asano will be in the movie Coin Locker Babies in 2008! I can't wait to see it.

Guest takki_fanatic

hey, you took that pic from my thread :P

yeah, sometimes i wonder about that too since there's so many hot caucasian guys out there hehe

but i don't know, since i like asian guys so to me some of them are just as hot as hot caucasians/or any other race

the ones i'm gonna post are all chinese, i'll leave other asians for other girls lol

chinese model Chen Jin

chenjin.jpg

chinese model Rojam Wang

rojam.jpg

chinese actor Yan Kuan

YanKwan.jpg

chinese model luke chang

ChangLuke.jpg

chinses model pakho

ChauPakho.jpg

chinese actor shawn yu

YueShawn.jpg

but that's just me...maybe other girls don't think they're hot =I

Guest precious4e

@ takki fanatic: yea I took some pics from your thread :vicx: (credited though heheh) I just thought the guys in there were so hot. And it would be perfect examples of how asian guys can be just as good models as anyone else. Those pics you just posted are hot too! I love your threads heheh.

@cyberfruit: omg Coin Locker Babies? They are making a movie based on it? Cool. I really need to get my butt to reading that book then.

Guest takki_fanatic

@ takki fanatic: yea I took some pics from your thread :vicx: (credited though heheh) I just thought the guys in there were so hot. And it would be perfect examples of how asian guys can be just as good models as anyone else. Those pics you just posted are hot too! I love your threads heheh.

haha it's ok :P

i was talking about the thread maker that posted the picture of will

will's hot XD

Guest precious4e

^oooH! lol

@cyberfruit: I need to buy the book too! Whe I went to the bookstore I was deciding between Battle Royale or Coin Locker and I chose BR. So now i'll have to go back and get Coin Locker.

Guest dream_weaver

but it doesnt seem that white/black women even desire asian guys, u think it all has to do with preference?

im a black-indian girl and i have, always found asian guys to be very attractive. i dunno why its just the features and the the overall look. there are so many hot asian guys walking around all the time. i see them, and wanna talk to them lol.

i know black girls prob wouldnt look at a asian guy cos of cultural differences and ignorance and stereotypes which at the moment seem unbreakble. i agree with the posters above who say thatif asian culture had more exposure then more guys would get exposure.

I love william hung, God bless his cotton socks, but his image was damaging for asians. i think he was the asian version of the 'coon' or 'sambo' whether he or anyone liked it or not.

b/c it's something called "personal preference"

me on the otherhand have always find asian guys hotter than western guys...

and those abercrombie guys are just.....let's say not my type lol

so see!~ not everyone adores AF guys

Archived